€75,270 Prize Pool

€10,000 GTD New Monthly Tournament
      Village Green Card Club, Last Thursday of the Month, €270 Freezeout
      €1,000,000 GTD - Irish Open
      CityWest Hotel, 6th-13th April

Comment

Originally posted by JP Poker View Post
        Redraw by Table
        I don't know what system you used for the table draw, but how did you manage to get all the big stacks in seat 1 and then reducing to the short stack in seat 7/8.?

New system required there JP.

Comment

Originally posted by Fiery Wasabi View Post
          I don't know what system you used for the table draw, but how did you manage to get all the big stacks in seat 1 and then reducing to the short stack in seat 7/8.?

New system required there JP.
          Hi Martin,

I'm not sure what happened there. I used Rand on excel which normally works perfectly, I must have added in some other function when I did.

I'm just home now but will do another redraw in the morning.

Comment

Long grind yesterday a low of 11k managed to get it up to 112k in the end cards at the right time more today pls

Comment

Redraw sounds good to me jp don't fancy chip leader to my right cheers mark

Originally posted by JP Poker View Post
              Redraw by Table

Comment

What time is Day 2 starting at?

Comment

I read somewhere in the main thread for the event that play on day 2 starts at 12 pm but I see Danny posted twice yesterday that we start back at 2pm. Can u confirm please JP? Thanks
                  Connie
                  https://twitter.com/MacauSporting
                  https://www.facebook.com/Macau-Sport...F6ntdyItUsAp7E
                  https://www.macausportingclub.com/

Comment

Larry also posted on FB this morning that it is back at 2pm today

Comment

Originally posted by The_Grinder View Post
                      What time is Day 2 starting at?
                      Originally posted by Macau Poker Room View Post
                      I read somewhere in the main thread for the event that play on day 2 starts at 12 pm but I see Danny posted twice yesterday that we start back at 2pm. Can u confirm please JP? Thanks
                      Connie
                      Sorry for the confusion... day 2 definitely starts back today at 2pm.

Comment

is this the table draw for day 2 or is there another 1 been made ?

Comment

Jp said he's doing a redraw some computer fault I think cant have chip leader in seat one on all tables and short stacks in 7 and 8

Comment

What the heck is everybody doing up so early and posting here? Were people up early for mass or something?

Comment

Fun couple of days in Citywest despite the poker. One thing im not a fan of is the payout structure. No research done by me but i think in a re-entry playing 2 bullets over 3 days and walking away with a net loss of €80 for a min cash is just silly. I think you need to pay a strict 10% to enable a min cash to be 2 x buyin + 33% minimum which ,even at that, would barely cover the rate per hour of your average slave wage. Otherwise we will all end up in the Mick McCloskey school of thought on re-entries. I mean imagine those poor EPT super high rollers explaining to their backers that they fired two bullets, managed to crawl into the money but were still down the price of your average 4 bed semi in Hackballscross. Just my 2c.
                              Last edited by Dice75; 17-05-15, 11:02.

Comment

Where can i find the payout structure?
                                Actually just seen it!
                                Last edited by rolynch; 17-05-15, 10:55.

Comment

Originally posted by rolynch View Post
                                  Where can i find the payout structure?
                                  Look up!

Comment

Re - Redraw

By Chips...
                                    A-Z
                                    Tables

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                      Fun couple of days in Citywest despite the poker. One thing im not a fan of is the payout structure. No research done by me but i think in a re-entry playing 2 bullets over 3 days and walking away with a net loss of €80 for a min cash is just silly. I think you need to pay a strict 10% to enable a min cash to be 2 x buyin + 33% minimum which ,even at that, would barely cover the rate per hour of your average slave wage. Otherwise we will all end up in the Mick McCloskey school of thought on re-entries. I mean imagine those poor EPT super high rollers explaining to their backers that they fired two bullets, managed to crawl into the money but were still down the price of your average 4 bed semi in Hackballscross. Just my 2c.
                                      I've never been sold on the idea of e-entry tournaments in the first place. I can see both sides of view with the relation to payouts, and I can find reasons to agree and disagree with both, buts as a rule, I think paying an amount of 1.5x (ish) the entry should be default.

The selling point of re-entries is that each entry is treated as a new person, so in that regard, it shouldn't matter if it's your 1st, 2nd or 3rd bullet. That's for you to decide if there's still value in the field entering more than once. I think JP has always paid about 12% of the field, so there's nothing really wrong about doing it here, although I can see why 10% would be better for players that re-entered as it would free up another €3110 to go back into the prizepool.

If you multiply the buy-in to a €1000 re-entry tournament, and you satellited in for €50, there would still be an attraction to a min cash of €1500, so for the guys that satellited into this game for €5 or €20, and played only 1 bullet, a mincash of €220 is juicy for them.

It's been a long time since there was a re-buy guy with a medium/high buyin as re-entries seem to have completely replaced them, so it might be time to try and combine the 2 structures so that operators can come up with a better payout system that benefits all.

Comment

Afternoon folks, see JP got up all the relative information (finally ) now if his system could figure out how to do a proper payout system ergo 71st-64th etc

Players are just unbagging their chips at the moment, was just speaking with underachievement there and he informed me how the chip leader Sean Flack (423,000) got his stack, in the last hand of Day 1a he clashed in a big pot against Eddie The Eagle & another opponent and that's where he accumulated that pile of chips!

Shuffle up & deal, level 15 127 players remain average stack of 91,181 blinds 2,000/4,000/500
                                        "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Clock is running 40 minutes long today, currently 104 players remaining.

Comment

Ken Ralph came over to give me the heads up about his exit, 3 way all in with his AK vs AK vs JJ with the Jacks holding in a pot worth 270,000 leaving him crippled with 1 big & busted the next hand, other player with AK was also eliminated.

Comment

Level 16 blinds 2,500/5,000/500 96 remain average stack 120,625

Comment

Strolling through the field and spotted a couple spin ups & an exit, Mark Ward came back today with a little over 100k and now up to around 240,000 after his A9 hit trip 9's on the run vs K3 on a K9x9x board, Padge Barry came back with one of the shortest stacks today of 30,000 and now up to 150,000 & the same can be said for Emmet Davis who got his 45 in against AJ hitting a 5 he is still in with a shot as we're quickly approaching the bubble, less than 10 before the money.

"Lucky" Jim Carr wasn't so today when his 1010 hit a set on the turn on a King high board but unfortunately for him he was up against a set of Kings and he bows out just a few places before the money.

Comment

Walking past the table of Emmet Davis & Paul Hanley and I see the dealer counting down the stacks, J22A10 on the board.

In button on SB action Emmet held A9 but was crushed by Paul's A2 with the latter scooping in a pot over 200,000 seeing him healthy going into the money bubble.

Comment

Going hand for hand on the money bubble just as we enter Level 17 blinds 3,000/6,000/1,000 average stack 156,486.

Comment

Hey,

Any updates on Padraig Burns and Eamonn Connolly?

Thanks

Comment

Bubble has burst here in one for the first hands, SB AA vs BB 77 as JP called out the action the flop fell 929 turn 8 "needing one of the two remaining 7's" said JP but it wasn't to be as the river fell Q

With that all remaining players are guaranteed €220 with €13,900 up top FTW.

BoyleSports Poker Spring Series 2015 Bubble

Comment

If someone wants to give me some open face chinese or open face chinese pineapple action let me know. I got another belgian fish who wants to play and give away his money. Ask for it at the cashgame area!

Comment

Can you check on John Hanaphy & Murt Ward if you spot them please & thanks

Comment

Originally posted by *PocketRockets* View Post
                                                              Hey,

Any updates on Padraig Burns and Eamonn Connolly?

Thanks
                                                              Padraig is sitting in the cash game directly to my right while Eamonn is currently 5 pints deep but won't tell me his chip count as he doesn't want to know looks to have 200kish & now in the money.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                Can you check on John Hanaphy & Murt Ward if you spot them please & thanks
                                                                Murtagh busted awhile back I'm lead to believe while John has 300,000. IPBer underachievement just busted in 61st place for €270 mentioning he was shortstacked and never really got going.

Comment

I was chatting to Padraig a couple of weeks back, he never ever cashes in these tournaments but makes a fortune on the cash tables after

Comment

20 minute break.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                      Padraig is sitting in the cash game directly to my right while Eamonn is currently 5 pints deep but won't tell me his chip count as he doesn't want to know looks to have 200kish & now in the money.
                                                                      You've got the best seat in the house then, Danny

Comment

GL Paul take it down.

Walking past the table of Emmet Davis & Paul Hanley and I see the dealer counting down the stacks, J22A10 on the board.

In button on SB action Emmet held A9 but was crushed by Paul's A2 with the latter scooping in a pot over 200,000 seeing him healthy going into the money bubble.

Comment

Level 18 blinds 4,000/8,000/1,000 59 remain average stack 196,271

Sean Flack is our current chip leader with 950,000

Comment

Any update for Ferghal Delaney & Oisin Fagan?, on tables 14 & 15. Cheers
                                                                            sigpic

Comment

#39
                                                                              Results so far -

43rd - Declan O'Connell - €420

44th - Jonas Olali - €420

45th - Christy Morkan - €420

46th - Jaf Woolsey - €420

47th - Ronan Lynch - €420

48th - Fergal Delaney - €340

49th - Mark Killoran - €340

50th - Philip Hagan - €340

51st - Ray Masters - €340

52nd - Chris Pyke - €340

53rd - TBC - €340

54th - Fergus Mc Donnell - €340

55th - Annette Anderson - €340

56th - Frank Butter - €270

57th - Brian Churchjard - €270

58th - John Woods - €270

59th - Noel Mannion - €270

60th - Neil Higgins - €270

61st - Jerome Skehan - €270

62nd - Ivan Geeraerts - €270

63rd - John O'Donoghue - €270

64th - John Doherty - €220

65th - Philip Salmon - €220

66th - Tadas Navickas - €220

67th - Hubert O'Donohoe - €220

68th - Annette Gorman - €220

69th - Chris Fisher - €220

70th - Connie O'Sullivan - €220

71st - Joe Kiernan - €220

Comment

#40
                                                                                Originally posted by PT_FTO View Post
                                                                                Any update for Ferghal Delaney & Oisin Fagan?, on tables 14 & 15. Cheers
                                                                                "48th - Fergal Delaney - €340" and table 15 has broken and I've no idea who the other one is unfortunately.

Comment

#41
                                                                                  Originally posted by kpnuts View Post
                                                                                  You've got the best seat in the house then, Danny
                                                                                  Cash games have been pretty busy when I left around 11 last night there was 6 full games and Larry didn't finish up till 8 or so this morning.

Comment

#42
                                                                                    Level 19 blinds 5,000/10,000/1,000 40 remain, average stack 289,5000

Comment

#43
                                                                                      Paul Hanley (40th - €420) has just come over to give me his demise, 400,000 pot his KK got sucked out on by the QQ of Thomas Harvey, all the chips in pre but a Queen spiked on the turn.

Comment

#44
                                                                                        Any word on Nigel Cahill & Colin Quarry

Comment

#45
                                                                                          Colin busted before the money.

Comment

#46
                                                                                            Originally posted by kakak1 View Post
                                                                                            Any word on Nigel Cahill & Colin Quarry
                                                                                            Originally posted by Secondhand View Post
                                                                                            Colin busted before the money.
                                                                                            I'm not familiar with Nigel but he isn't in the bustout list yet so that's a good sign.

Comment

#47
                                                                                              Level 20 blinds 6,000/12,000/2,000 36 remain, average stack 321,666.

Comment

#48
                                                                                                I'm not familiar with Nigel but he isn't in the bustout list yet so that's a good sign.
                                                                                                could have gone before the money

Comment

#49
                                                                                                  Originally posted by kakak1 View Post
                                                                                                  could have gone before the money
                                                                                                  True, suppose a text message is in order for him so.

Comment

#50
                                                                                                    Padge Barry seen wandering the tournament area call him over to get the low down and informs me he shoved A10 from the BB after the button opened but ran into JJ.

Comment

#51
                                                                                                      Couple snaps -

Padge Barry

Bubble boy pre-bubble

Thomas Harvey

Eamonn Connolly

Comment

#52
                                                                                                        Michael Farrelly

Robbie McCormack

Comment

#53
                                                                                                          1 hour dinner break.

Comment

#54
                                                                                                            Level 21 blinds 8,000/16,000/2,000 30 players remain, average stack 386,000

Comment

#55
                                                                                                              Side event news -

Saturdays €60 turbo drew 37 players generating a €1,850

1st - Brendan Doddy - €595

2nd - Jonathon Kelly - €595

3rd - Anon - €280

4th - Noel O'Connell - €180

5th - Laurence O'Kane - €140

6th - Niall McAleer - €60

Today's €100 game drew 57 players creating a €4,845 prize pool -

1st - €1,700

2nd - €1,095

3rd - €730

4th - €480

5th - €360

6th - €270

7th - €210

Comment

#56
                                                                                                                True, suppose a text message is in order for him so.

as soon as he receives my text message he's sure to be eliminated very next hand

anyway since heard he's long gone

Comment

#57
                                                                                                                  Results so far -

27th - Adrian Russell - €650

28th - Robby Vernaillen - €650

29th - James Reilly - €650

30th - Gary Satelle - €650

31st - Peter Bray - €650

32nd - Paul Taylor - €520

33rd - Padge Barry - €520

34th - Henri Newry - €520

35th - Richard O'Neill - €520

36th - Cahal Grimes - €520

37th - Paul Murnin - €520

38th - Rose Kiernan - €520

39th - Paul Lenfesty - €520

40th - Paul Hanley - €420

41st - Pat Halpin - €420

42nd - Alan McGinn - €420

43rd - Declan O'Connell - €420

44th - Jonas Olali - €420

45th - Christy Morkan - €420

46th - Jaf Woolsey - €420

47th - Ronan Lynch - €420

48th - Fergal Delaney - €340

49th - Mark Killoran - €340

50th - Philip Hagan - €340

51st - Ray Masters - €340

52nd - Chris Pyke - €340

53rd - Nicholas O'Kane - €340

54th - Fergus Mc Donnell - €340

55th - Annette Anderson - €340

56th - Frank Butter - €270

57th - Brian Churchjard - €270

58th - John Woods - €270

59th - Noel Mannion - €270

60th - Neil Higgins - €270

61st - Jerome Skehan - €270

62nd - Ivan Geeraerts - €270

63rd - John O'Donoghue - €270

64th - John Doherty - €220

65th - Philip Salmon - €220

66th - Tadas Navickas - €220

67th - Hubert O'Donohoe - €220

68th - Annette Gorman - €220

69th - Chris Fisher - €220

70th - Connie O'Sullivan - €220

71st - Joe Kiernan - €220

Comment

#58
                                                                                                                    Sean Flack is still leading with a stack of 1,100,000 while Eamonn Connolly is leading the drink counts up on pint number 10

Comment

#59
                                                                                                                      John Hannaphy eliminated in 26th (€650) on the button he was dealt a 10 the dealer pitched him what would've been another 10 but it was exposed so he got a new card which was a queen.

Playing 240,000 he moved all in and got looked up AJ, hitting a queen on the flop but the turn & river would deliver him a sick one as it ran out king & 10 respectively to give his opponent a straight.

Comment

#60
                                                                                                                        With Paul Lecky's elimination in 25th (€650) we're down to 24 players which will trigger a redraw, I've asked to get visual chip counts from the remaining players and I'll post them when received.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X