Buy-in €1,150

partypoker Millions
    £6,000,000 Guaranteed
    Monday 27th March - Wednesday 29th March
    Buy-in £550/£5,300

Norwegian Championships
    Friday 31st March - Saurday 8th March

Hi All

Paul O’Reilly and JP McCann are happy to announce details of the Irish Poker Open 2017, which will take place from 27th March – 3rd April 2017 in the prestigious Citywest Hotel, Dublin. The buy-in for this event will remain at €1025 + €125 with €500,000 Guaranteed and the festival will once again feature a full schedule of side events and cash games to capture the imagination of poker players both recreational and professional.

Online satellites are now taking place on paddypowerpoker.com, Betfair.com and partypoker.com with a wide range of entry level amounts. Ipoker network wide satellites will be starting shortly.

“It is always exciting to launch the Irish Poker Open each year, and we hope to make the next one even bigger and better in 2017. We’ve made some slight changes to the schedule next year for logistical reasons and to ensure players can make the most of the facilities in Citywest Hotel. We were blown away by the support last year in the poker community and we continue to listen to all the feedback to ensure Europe’s oldest poker tournament remains the people’s tournament.”

The Irish Poker Open is the longest running No Limit Texas Hold'em poker festival in Europe and the second most historic in the world after the World Series of Poker, Las Vegas. First organized in 1981 by Terry Rogers, a well-known Irish bookmaker, the tournament is now world famous for its electric atmosphere, the famous poker faces that return every year, and the Irish craic had by all. The Irish Poker Open is unique in it's player experience due to a full live entertainment schedule to accompany the extensive poker schedule. The entertainment schedule will include live music, sumo wrestling and pool and beer pong competitions.

The big change this year is that the Irish Poker Open is not running across Easter weekend. The opportunity arose last year to merge the Irish Poker Open and Norgesmesterskapet i poker to create a bigger 18 day poker festival. The Burlington Hotel just wasn't big enough for what we have planned for the future of the event. In agreeing to move the Irish Poker Open to Citywest Hotel it came at the cost of not being able to host the 2017 Irish Poker Open on Easter weekend. However we have already put pen to paper to secure the long-term future of the event returning to the historic dates of Easter weekend from 2018.

Full details and schedule for the Irish Open 2017 can be found at: http://www.irishpokeropen.com/.

In additional to the Irish Poker Open will also be hosting the partypoker Millions and the Norwegian Championships during the Irish Poker Festival.

The partypoker Millions has a massive £6,000,000 Guaranteed with a very affordable buy-in of £550 on Day 1 or £5,300 on Day 2.

The Norwegian Championships will be returning to Ireland for the sixth year in a row, and is the largest single nation poker event in the world with over 1200 players participating in their main event.

This year certainly will be going bigger and better.

The full schedule

Please note the partypoker Millions is subject to a 3% license fee, all other tournaments will be subject to a 2.5% staff deduction
    Last edited by Irish Poker Open; 05-01-17, 15:15.
    €1,000,000 GTD Irish Open Online run on partypoker from 8th-12th April 2020 - Satellites in the Lobby now - Full Festival with over 2.5M GTD from 6th-12th April - check out https://partypokerlive.com/en/event/...nline/schedule now!

Irish Open Main Event Structure

Thursday 30th March - Day 1A
    Friday 31st March - Day 1B
    Buy-in €1,025 & €125
    Starting Chips 30,000
    Clock 60 Mins (30 Mins Heads-Up)
    Reg 12pm, Game 2pm

Last edited by Irish Poker Open; 05-01-17, 14:43.
    €1,000,000 GTD Irish Open Online run on partypoker from 8th-12th April 2020 - Satellites in the Lobby now - Full Festival with over 2.5M GTD from 6th-12th April - check out https://partypokerlive.com/en/event/...nline/schedule now!

Comment

Hi JP,
      Just had a quick look at schedule. Events 31 and 39 seem to have pretty shallow starting stacks, at 10K, for PLO events.
      http://www.pokerinireland.net/

Comment

Originally posted by ACE REPORTER View Post
        Hi JP,
        Just had a quick look at schedule. Events 31 and 39 seem to have pretty shallow starting stacks, at 10K, for PLO events.
        Hi Mick,

The structures have been the same for the past 5 years. The Norwegians like their action fast

Comment

€2,500 Irish Open Packages

Ipoker network wide satellites started last night.

There was 3 packages guaranteed but we got 4 out with cash for 5th.

Ipoker are also doing €2.50 twister promotion with tickets guaranteed

Comment

Hi,
            I've flown to Dublin for the Irish Open in the past, but haven't yet had a chance to participate in the Norwegian Championship.

I understand that previously, some of the Norwegian events were exclusively for Norwegians, whilst others were open events.

Please can you clarify which of the events Brits are NOT permitted to enter?

Thanks in advance...

Comment

Originally posted by LD<3 View Post
              Hi,
              I've flown to Dublin for the Irish Open in the past, but haven't yet had a chance to participate in the Norwegian Championship.

I understand that previously, some of the Norwegian events were exclusively for Norwegians, whilst others were open events.

Please can you clarify which of the events Brits are NOT permitted to enter?

Thanks in advance...
              Hi LD

The following events are all Norwegian Only.

Friday 31st March
              E19: Limit 6-Max €500

Saturday 1st April
              NM1: Heads-up €1,100
              NM2: Mixed 8-Game €1,100

Sunday 2nd April
              NM3: Ladies €300
              NM4: Seniors €300

Monday 3rd April
              NM5: PLO €800

Tuesday 4th/Wednesday 5th
              NM6: Main Event €800

Friday 7th
              NM7: Turbo €400
              €10,000 GTD New Monthly Tournament
              Village Green Card Club, Last Thursday of the Month, €270 Freezeout
              €1,000,000 GTD - Irish Open
              CityWest Hotel, 6th-13th April

Comment

What a schedule. Fair play JP & Paul.

Comment

PokerPlayer365 Q&A with Paul O'Reilly about the 2017 Irish Poker Open.

http://www.pokerplayer365.com/news/i...-paul-oreilly/

Comment

Originally posted by PokerPiper View Post
                    What a schedule. Fair play JP & Paul.
                    Thanks Tim.

Comment

iPoker Network wide satellites

Satellites start at 8pm each Sunday.

15th January: 3 x €2,500 Packages Guaranteed
                      22nd January: 3 x €2,500 Packages Guaranteed
                      29th January: 4 x €2,500 Packages Guaranteed
                      5th February: 4 x €2,500 Packages Guaranteed
                      12th February: 4 x €2,500 Packages Guaranteed
                      19th February: 4 x €2,500 Packages Guaranteed
                      26th February: 4 x €2,500 Packages Guaranteed
                      5th March: 4 x €2,500 Packages Guaranteed
                      12th March: 6 x €2,500 Packages Guaranteed

Comment

Folks noob question - in the schedule table what does the column 'NM' mean?

Comment

Originally posted by Chadwell View Post
                          Folks noob question - in the schedule table what does the column 'NM' mean?
                          Hi Chadwell,

NM events are Norwegian Championships events. You must be either Norwegian or have a Norwegian tax number to play.

Comment

Originally posted by JP Poker View Post
                            Hi Chadwell,

NM events are Norwegian Championships events. You must be either Norwegian or have a Norwegian tax number to play.
                            Ah, so I couldn't enter the JP Poker Masters Day 1 being from here? Ah well, it was the right sort of price point

Can anyone turn up at this event and play in cash games etc?
                            Last edited by Chadwell; 11-01-17, 09:17.

Comment

Ah, so I couldn't enter the JP Poker Masters Day 1 being from here? Ah well, it was the right sort of price point

Can anyone turn up at this event and play in cash games etc?
                              JP masters is Event 23 - it doesn't say NM beside it and is open to anyone

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                JP masters is Event 23 - it doesn't say NM beside it and is open to anyone
                                There is a column and the column is called NM, and it says Yes in that column for the JP masters.

What is that column for with all the Yes in it?

Comment

There is a column and the column is called NM, and it says Yes in that column for the JP masters.

Looks like a copy & paste error from last year. Column 1 with any NM marked events is what i would go by.

Comment

Hi Chadwell,

Bono is rumored to be playing ;-)

Good luck! It looks huge.

Comment

Cool so if not playing in a particular tournament, can you turn up for a pint and watch, maybe play Q cash game etc?

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                        Looks like a copy & paste error from last year. Column 1 with any NM marked events is what i would go by.
                                        JP, as Dice says there is a problem with your table. You want me to edit it for you to remove or clarify the NM column? According to the table, the Irish Open is Norwegian only which I have a suspicion isn't correct.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                          JP, as Dice says there is a problem with your table. You want me to edit it for you to remove or clarify the NM column? According to the table, the Irish Open is Norwegian only which I have a suspicion isn't correct.
                                          Hi Dom,

If you can give me access to edit the OP I'll do it myself (might be easier).

Thanks
                                          Jp

Comment

Sorry Guys for the confusion in the OP around which events are for Norwegians only.

The "YES" was to indicate that, that event was is Championship event of which their are championship events for both the Irish Open and Norwegian Championships.

The only events which are closed event (i.e Norwegian only) are as follows.

Friday 31st March
                                            E19: €500 Limit 6-Max Hold'em

Saturday 1st April
                                            NM1: €1,100 Heads-Up
                                            NM2: €1,100 Mixed 8 Game

Sunday 2nd April
                                            NM3: €300 Ladies
                                            NM4: €300 Seniors

Monday 3rd April
                                            NM5: €800 PLO

Tuesday/WedNesday 4th/5th April
                                            NM6: €800 Norwegian Main Event

Friday 7th April
                                            NM7: €400 Turbo 6-Max

Comment

I've just taken the time to go through the schedule - it really is excellent. Plenty of PLO events which I am looking forward to.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak View Post
                                                I've just taken the time to go through the schedule - it really is excellent. Plenty of PLO events which I am looking forward to.
                                                Just found this myself. I was searching for the complete schedule for a while.
                                                It is incredible. Certainly one of the best festivals I've ever seen.
                                                Well played to those who put it together.

Comment

Will you do live stream for the IO? :-)

Comment

Paddy Power Betfair

Online Satellites

Tuesday 8pm €20 - 1 Ticket Guaranteed

Wednesdays 9pm €30 - 1 Ticket Guaranteed

Comment

Originally posted by PeaceandFire View Post
                                                      Will you do live stream for the IO? :-)
                                                      We are looking into this at the moment.

Comment

Important Notice

All online feeders and satellites on..

Paddy Power - Betfair

Now have a minimum 4 player requirement at the start of the tournament to run.

This is has been lower from 10 players.

With 1 Ticket Guaranteed Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.

Once these take off we will start to run satellites each and every night.

Comment

Hi,

A few questions.
                                                          Event #38 has 350eur buy in (20k/30min)
                                                          Event #44 has 350eur buy in (30k/30min)
                                                          Why different startstacks?

Is it possible to find the structure for the different tournaments anywhere?

Regards from overseas, c ya in April!
                                                          /Echo

Comment

Important Notice

All online feeders and satellites on..

Paddy Power - Betfair

Now have a minimum 4 player requirement at the start of the tournament to run.

This is has been lower from 10 players.

With 1 Ticket Guaranteed Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.

Once these take off we will start to run satellites each and every night.

JP Mon,Tue and Wed only feeders right? as I dont see anything else in the lobby.

Comment

Originally posted by Echo01 View Post
                                                              Hi,

A few questions.
                                                              Event #38 has 350eur buy in (20k/30min)
                                                              Event #44 has 350eur buy in (30k/30min)
                                                              Why different startstacks?

Is it possible to find the structure for the different tournaments anywhere?

Regards from overseas, c ya in April!
                                                              /Echo
                                                              Hi Echo,

We have 4 x €350 8 Max tournaments they are all 20k with 30 min blinds. The 30k stack on event 44 is a typo.

I'll post structures shortly.

Comment

Originally posted by TheImprover View Post
                                                                JP Mon,Tue and Wed only feeders right? as I dont see anything else in the lobby.
                                                                Hi Improver,

These are all satellite nights with 1 x €1,150 Irish Open Ticket Guaranteed each (min 4 players required to start the tournament at 8pm).

I know the Wednesday this week didn't happen but that was a 9pm start. I think we are going move that back to 8pm.

Comment

Irish Open €500,000 Guaranteed
                                                                  Online Satellites Sunday 12th February

7pm Guts.com 1 x €1,150 Seats Guaranteed
                                                                  8pm iPoker 4 x €2,500 Packages Guaranteed
                                                                  9pm partypoker 2 x €1,150 Seats Guaranteed

Comment

Nightly Online Satellites
                                                                    PaddyPower BetFair

1 Seat Guaranteed each night, 8pm start

Monday's €50 Rebuy
                                                                    Tuesday's €20 Rebuy
                                                                    Wednesday's €30 Rebuy
                                                                    Thursday's €20 Rebuy
                                                                    Friday €20 Rebuy

Comment

Hi Echo,

We have 4 x €350 8 Max tournaments they are all 20k with 30 min blinds. The 30k stack on event 44 is a typo.

I'll post structures shortly.
                                                                      What do you mean by "shortly"?

Comment

Originally posted by Echo01 View Post
                                                                        What do you mean by "shortly"?
                                                                        Hi Echo,

Sorry for my delay in responding to you. I was out of the country last week working at an event in Norway.

I also completely forgot about posting the structures

Comment

Here's the side event structures...

30 Min Clocks
                                                                          I.E. €350 Games

20 Min Clocks

15 Min Turbo's

I'll post the partypoker Millions, JP Poker Masters and all Irish Open Championship events over the next few days.

Comment

Anyone know the breakdown of the €2500 package re: hotel and expenses?

Comment

#39
                                                                              Originally posted by DPablo View Post
                                                                              Anyone know the breakdown of the €2500 package re: hotel and expenses?
                                                                              €800 cash and €550 for 5 nights hotel.

Comment

#40
                                                                                Can you transfer hotel/sell?

Comment

#41
                                                                                  Hi All,

City West Hotel is now fully booked from Monday 3rd April until the remainder of the event.

Rooms are still available from Monday 27th March to Sunday 2nd April but are selling out fast.

Comment

#42
                                                                                    Originally posted by Irish Poker Open View Post
                                                                                    Irish Open Main Event Structure

Thursday 30th March - Day 1A
                                                                                    Friday 31st March - Day 1B
                                                                                    Buy-in €1,025 & €125
                                                                                    Starting Chips 30,000
                                                                                    Clock 60 Mins (30 Mins Heads-Up)
                                                                                    Reg 12pm, Game 2pm
                                                                                    Hi JP,

I notice your only planning to play 8 levels a day and starting at 2pm. I remember I comment last year that this meant a very long day 3 or a very long day 4 which I would be delight to do if still involved, but 10 levels on each day and 1pm start surely makes more sense or even 9 levels per day would be better and play to 1am each night.

Also, seen the event isn't on over the Easter bank holiday weekend, it will surely make more sense to just have the final table coming back on the Monday to avoid people having to take sickies from work.

Ollie

Comment

#43
                                                                                      Originally posted by Ollie View Post
                                                                                      Hi JP,

I notice your only planning to play 8 levels a day and starting at 2pm. I remember I comment last year that this meant a very long day 3 or a very long day 4 which I would be delight to do if still involved, but 10 levels on each day and 1pm start surely makes more sense or even 9 levels per day would be better and play to 1am each night.

Also, seen the event isn't on over the Easter bank holiday weekend, it will surely make more sense to just have the final table coming back on the Monday to avoid people having to take sickies from work.

Ollie
                                                                                      Hi Ollie,

Yes we're playing 9 levels for sure on both of the day one's.

Sunday will be Final table only.

Thanks
                                                                                      Jp

Comment

#44
                                                                                        Who will be Crowned the first ever Irish Poker Open Online Champion?

1 x €1,150 Main Event Seat and 5 nights accommodation ADDED!!

Day 1: Sunday 19th March, 8pm
                                                                                        Day 2: Monday 20th March, 8pm

€88 Freezeout
                                                                                        www.guts.com

Comment

#45
                                                                                          partypoker Millions

Phase 1: 2 Live satellites - 1 x €660 Seat Guaranteed

Friday 10th March, 8pm
                                                                                          €60 with 1 Rebuy €50
                                                                                          8k and 12k Rebuy
                                                                                          2k Early Bird
                                                                                          20 Min Blinds

Saturday 11th March, 2pm
                                                                                          5k and 8k Rebuy
                                                                                          1k Early Bird
                                                                                          15 Min Blinds

Comment

#46
                                                                                            Is IO a reentry again?

Comment

#47
                                                                                              Is late reg for the IO available until after the dinner break, i.e. until 7.20pm?
                                                                                              https://twitter.com/#!/MickyWeissmann

Comment

#48
                                                                                                Originally posted by danutpeddler View Post
                                                                                                Is IO a reentry again?
                                                                                                Yes one re-entry each day

Comment

#49
                                                                                                  Originally posted by mickyw78 View Post
                                                                                                  Is late reg for the IO available until after the dinner break, i.e. until 7.20pm?
                                                                                                  Late reg will be open until the start of day 2

Comment

#50
                                                                                                    Late reg will be open until the start of day 2
                                                                                                    Fair play JP, that's class, should work really well for working schmucks like me!
                                                                                                    https://twitter.com/#!/MickyWeissmann

Comment

#51
                                                                                                      Don't forget tonight we have...

5 Seats GTD on Paddy Power at 8pm
                                                                                                      2 Seats GTD on Partypoker at 9pm

Irish Open Online Championships on Guts.com at 8pm
                                                                                                      This is a €88 Freezeout with 1 x €1,150 Main Event Seat plus 5 nights accommodation ADDED

The Irish Open Online Championships will be streamed live on Irish Poker Open youtube page.

With commentary from Dara O'Kearney, David Lappin and 2013 Irish Open Champion Ian Simpson

Comment

#52
                                                                                                        The nightly IO satellites next week - are they rebuys or freezeouts?

Comment

#53
                                                                                                          Originally posted by thechamp87 View Post
                                                                                                          The nightly IO satellites next week - are they rebuys or freezeouts?
                                                                                                          Hi Adam,

All four satellites are rebuy tournaments.

Starting chips 3k
                                                                                                          Rebuy chips 3k
                                                                                                          Add-on Chips 5k
                                                                                                          20 Min Blinds

The Monday & Tuesday satellites are €80 buy-in (€10 Reg included) with €40 rebuys.

The Wednesday & Thursday satellites are €110 buy-in (€10 Reg included) with €50 rebuys.

Comment

#54
                                                                                                            Here's something we put together.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tT0BCQ1ikyY

Comment

#55
                                                                                                              Any Live streaming ??

Comment

#56
                                                                                                                Hey JP, I won 2 seats for the Irish Open tonight, 1 on Paddy power and 1 on party poker, would it be possible to exchange 1 of the seats for cash do you know?

Comment

#57
                                                                                                                  Originally posted by PeaceandFire View Post
                                                                                                                  Any Live streaming ??
                                                                                                                  Hi PeaceandFire,

We will have professional live streaming of the Final table from brought to you be XpressHD.com who are the same people who the WSOP, WPT, Norwegian Championships and many many more live poker events around Europe and the World.

In addition to the live stream we will have an edited episode of the final table and the story of how we reach the final table which will be aired on 3e in the near future.

Comment

#58
                                                                                                                    Originally posted by POD View Post
                                                                                                                    Hey JP, I won 2 seats for the Irish Open tonight, 1 on Paddy power and 1 on party poker, would it be possible to exchange 1 of the seats for cash do you know?
                                                                                                                    Hi POD,

Use your partypoker seat for your buy-in to the Main Event and your paddy power seat can be used as a re-enter, side events or cash game buy-ins during the Irish Open dates Monday 27th March to Monday 3rd April.

Comment

#59
                                                                                                                      are the sats finished on PP and coral, none showing up
                                                                                                                      The smarter you play the luckier you'll be
                                                                                                                      MTT Calender 2015

Comment

#60
                                                                                                                        Originally posted by Nuttkickker View Post
                                                                                                                        are the sats finished on PP and coral, none showing up
                                                                                                                        The Ipoker wide satellites are finished so there are no more on coral.

There should be 3 seats GTD on Paddypower and Betfair tonight, Tuesday night and Wednesday night.

Partypoker have 2 seats GTD tonight, tomorrow and Wednesday as well.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X