Munster Masters - July 12th-15th - Tramore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Michelle SatNav View Post
    I was ringing for a takeaway, switch informed me that my hand was dead. I wouldn't give them. Floor called yes indeed the hand is dead. I nearly shoved them down eoins throat.
    Hope the daughter enjoyed her dam spring rolls
    ah rite.vul.you wait for aces all nite n den have to throw em away for a few spring rolls ha.many llayers sat nav?

Comment

Originally posted by terryl View Post
      ah rite.vul.you wait for aces all nite n den have to throw em away for a few spring rolls ha.many llayers sat nav?
      sorry......players

Comment

just home in clonmel
        49 runners
        39 back tomorrow
        nice game pity about the numbers, going back with 34 k
        http://paullucey.blogspot.com/

Comment

Dce to my left. Larger than life lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Morihei View Post
            Dce to my left. Larger than life lol.
            I shall accumulate all your chips today

Managed too 5x my buyin on the cash table despite losing a 1k pot (and SatNav tryin to poisin me with some whiskey cocktail). Have a feeling a certain Mr Kenny will be after my chips today though

Comment

I think the difference was the guarantee. I know a couple of lads who didn't travel (and myself, I've played this every year) because they thought it would be a let down with numbers. I'm sure others were thinking that aswell. Also I understand the irony of that statement.

And I really hate this Neill Kelly inspired fad of posting a registration list with every poker player you've ever heard off attending the event. It gives a false projection of the expected turnout and leaves the operator looking silly (Big Slicks ISOP was a great example of this). Yes people have good intentions to play but my idea of 'registered' is paid up and 100% attending

I'd say the Celtic game in the loft probably took a lot of players away aswell.

It's a shame because this was always a great weekend

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Finkel View Post
                I think the difference was the guarantee. I know a couple of lads who didn't travel (and myself, I've played this every year) because they thought it would be a let down with numbers. I'm sure others were thinking that aswell. Also I understand the irony of that statement.

And I really hate this Neill Kelly inspired fad of posting a registration list with every poker player you've ever heard off attending the event. It gives a false projection of the expected turnout and leaves the operator looking silly (Big Slicks ISOP was a great example of this). Yes people have good intentions to play but my idea of 'registered' is paid up and 100% attending

I'd say the Celtic game in the loft probably took a lot of players away aswell.

It's a shame because this was always a great weekend

I agree (for once) with you but it does depend on the operator.

You played a game 2 weeks ago in the same venue run by Staffy (The City Guy) and his list consisted of 62 names and he had 117 players on the night.

There's not a problem with putting up a list, it shows the interest in the game, the problem lies with the honesty of that list

Comment

The reason this game didnt get the numbers is that certain locals made sure the numbers were low for reasons best known to them selfs and with games popping up in carrick and naas on the same night what chance did this game have ?

Comment

Munster Masters Day 2

49 runners €10,535 prizefund
                    39 players return
                    Ave chip 25k
                    Chip leader Brian Warren 66,425

€100 side event today at 5pm

Gl all
                    €25,000 est Munster Masters Poker Festival.
                    July 12th-15th The Grand Hotel Tramore Waterford

Comment

What time does cash start getting busy?
                      Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by howmuchisthat View Post
                        The reason this game didnt get the numbers is that certain locals made sure the numbers were low for reasons best known to them selfs and with games popping up in carrick and naas on the same night what chance did this game have ?
                        There are number of reasons why this game got such little numbers. First been not having the guarantee and another would be the poker lounge had over 70 plus tickets given out through satts each previous years and a lot of other satts outside waterford,it is a pity as the waterford masters was always a great weekend with 160 last year and 210 the year before that,I don't think this was advertised aswell as it has in previous years which is a shame,and which such bad numbers this weekend I'm thinking this could be the end of the waterford masters and once again waterford poker players will lose out on what was once a must weekend for every local player,

Comment

Gonzo
                          made a stupid move against an accomplished player.
                          Good tournament....boys running are so sound and i will always try to support Aido & Co.
                          Shame about the numbers....could be a great tourney.

Comment

People seem to be mixing up this years Munster Masters with the old Waterford Masters,these 2 tournaments are completely different as far as i know, as the Fox,Seamus and Pro Nuts (Wayne) ran the Waterford Masters,and this tournament is run by Kildare Poker club and The AK club Maynooth, cant understand why they just didnt run it up in Kildare as there was almost no sats or advertising down Waterford way, seems silly to say the least that 2 clubs from Kildare should run the Munster Masters in Tramore,but thats an argument for another day,its a pity that it wasnt a success or that the old Waterford Masters wasnt still a runner as Waterford could do with a good buy in/guaranteed tournament once a year,i also think the organisers should have made people aware that this was a new tournament as there seemed to be a lot of confusion

Comment

Is there any chance today f/o will be late starting I can leave kk around 6??? It's supposed to start at 5
                              sigpic
                              Longshotvalue.com

Comment

Any games that are in a certain buy in region which dont have a lot of satts are absolutely no value.
                                Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Just home, depressed. Down to 14 was feeling confident for a change. Chap raised , I shoved my 25 bbs with AQ suited. He Says " would ya say you be the lucky type" "oh God yeah" says I. He flips over AA Sickened .

Other than that I had a great weekend. was very very quiet down there , very disappointed for the lads who always manage to put on a good game. Have to say the rumours were rife in Waterford, alot has been said. I hope none of it is true. We surely dont need poker warfare to take off ffs! Anyway whatever is going on, I had a blast, worth the trip!
                                  Her sky-ness
                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Just home, depressed. Down to 14 was feeling confident for a change. Chap raised , I shoved my 25 bbs with AQ suited. He Says " would ya say you be the lucky type" "oh God yeah" says I. He flips over AA Sickened .

Other than that I had a great weekend. was very very quiet down there , very disappointed for the lads who always manage to put on a good game. Have to say the rumours were rife in Waterford, alot has been said. I hope none of it is true. We surely dont need poker warfare to take off ffs! Anyway whatever is going on, I had a blast, worth the trip!
                                    bit OTT Michelle

Played this and enjoyed the game, deserved more local support as it was a very well run game with an excellent structure. Having said that I thought 50 was a fair enough turnout. Good to see a decent representation of IPB heads in attendance.

I was involved in putting on the Waterford Masters for the 3 years it existed. A decision was made this year not to run the tournament based on an number of factors. It may be back at a future date, it may not, but this was a completely different event. They really shouldn't be compared as the only connection is the venue, it's a bit like comparing two different events because both were taking place in the Burlington.
                                    Last edited by nicnicnic; 14-07-12, 22:57.

Comment

Originally posted by nicnicnic View Post
                                      bit OTT Michelle

Played this and enjoyed the game, deserved more local support as it was a very well run game with an excellent structure. Having said that I thought 50 was a decent enough turnout. Good to see a decent representation of IPB heads in attendance.

I was involved in putting on the Waterford Masters for the 3 years it existed. A decision was made this year not to run the tournament based on an number of factors. It may be back at a future date, it may not, but this was a completely different event. They really shouldn't be compared as the only connection is the venue, it's a bit like comparing to different events because both were taking place in the Burlington.
                                      you were too busy talking to hear what was being said!

Anyway how did ya finish up?
                                      Her sky-ness
                                      © 5starpool

Comment

you were too busy talking to hear what was being said!

Anyway how did ya finish up?
                                        busted 6th for a monkey

Comment

[QUOTE=Luckycharms_74;566378][/
                                          Last edited by Kildare poker club; 15-07-12, 05:55.

Comment

Thanks to all who played here this weekend. Results to follow.

Comment

Obviously disappointed with the turnout as were the players and staff but it was a good game. Cash action was good ended up 100e but lost so many 500 quid pots and got slowrolled with the kingers v the bullets aipf which summed the weekend up for me. Drank for the two days/nights so it eased the blows a little.

I'd go back down in the future if there were tickets generated in advance of the next one.

Cliffs
                                              #Dicesomemanforoneman
                                              #feckoffnickypowerleavemealone
                                              #pintplease

Comment

Originally posted by Mary Horney View Post
                                                Obviously disappointed with the turnout as were the players and staff but it was a good game. Cash action was good ended up 100e but lost so many 500 quid pots and got slowrolled with the kingers v the bullets aipf which summed the weekend up for me. Drank for the two days/nights so it eased the blows a little.

I'd go back down in the future if there were tickets generated in advance of the next one.

Cliffs
                                                #Dicesomemanforoneman
                                                #feckoffnickypowerleavemealone
                                                #pintplease
                                                Great weekend just awake now thanks to all who played this. Crack was mighty as usual down here and well done to the winner pat smith

Comment

Originally posted by eddie View Post
                                                  Great weekend just awake now thanks to all who played this. Crack was mighty as usual down here and well done to the winner pat smith
                                                  FFS you are in bed the whole weekend
                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Good weekend had in Tramore in , as always , a well run set-up.

Dont know the reasons behind the poor local turnout which did put a bit of a dampener on the weekend but still enjoyable.

Managed to turn a decent profit overall on the cash tables despite losing a few four figure pots and never getting going on Day 2 of the tourney.

Met a few characters to keep us entertained too.

Very close to being a clean sweep for the Dubs too

Comment

Enjoyed the game-great structure and good standard-. But it is very disappointing to see such a poor turnout considering that the 'Tramore game' attracted such relatively large numbers in previous years under various managements. It does not bode well for decent larger buy-in games in the Waterford area in the future.

I agree with George in that a big reason for this is the lack of local satellites into this game. However, notwithstanding this, I fail to understand why so many local players who would always have played bigger games would prefer to travel to Naas rather than play this locally based game.

Comment

Lads I recon the guarantee was the real problem there even if it had bein 15 k people could travel, I was in naas and I recon 5 or 6 Waterford lads played it , not enough to swing it . Put a guaranteed on it next year boys .

Comment

Main Event results

49 runners €10535

Final table began at 9:30pm with 6 getting paid

3 way deal done at midnight , chip leader took the title

Winner above Pat Smyth €3300
                                                          2. Murtagh Ward €2400
                                                          3. Brian Warren €2400
                                                          4. Gemma Walsh €1150
                                                          5. James Ryan €750
                                                          6. Nicky Power €535

Thanks to all players who turned up and hope to see you all at our next event.

Comment

Originally posted by Masters Poker Festival View Post
                                                            49 runners €10535

2. Murtagh Ward €2400
                                                            3. Brian Warren €2400
                                                            4. Gemma Walsh €1150
                                                            5. James Ryan €750
                                                            6. Nicky Power €535

Congrats to everyone who cashed.

Sorry I missed the game this year, Christine parents were over from the states so couldn't make it. I can't believe the numbers were so bad for the this, such a shame.
                                                            €10,000 GTD New Monthly Tournament
                                                            Village Green Card Club, Last Thursday of the Month, €270 Freezeout
                                                            €1,000,000 GTD - Irish Open
                                                            CityWest Hotel, 6th-13th April

Comment

Originally posted by Masters Poker Festival View Post
                                                              49 runners €10535

2. Murtagh Ward €2400
                                                              3. Brian Warren €2400
                                                              4. Gemma Walsh €1150
                                                              5. James Ryan €750
                                                              6. Nicky Power €535

I was wondering could someone email me the picture above? It was my Uncle who won it. A framed pic for my Aunt I'm after, will also make Pat go red lol.

Cheers.
                                                              Huh, Math my dear boy is nothing more than the lesbian sister of biology.

My Poker Blog http://jason-tompkins.blogspot.com
                                                              My twitter http://twitter.com/#!/blaaaaaah666

Comment

Originally posted by blaaaaaaah View Post
                                                                I was wondering could someone email me the picture above? It was my Uncle who won it. A framed pic for my Aunt I'm after, will also make Pat go red lol.

Cheers.
                                                                Just right click and save picture as.Or use snipping tool if you have windows 7. No need to get it emailed. Nice chap I was at his table for a while.
                                                                Her sky-ness
                                                                © 5starpool

Comment

Just right click and save picture as.Or use snipping tool if you have windows 7. No need to get it emailed. Nice chap I was at his table for a while.
                                                                  i think he means the full image from the camera.

Comment

Originally posted by Loopz View Post
                                                                    i think he means the full image from the camera.
                                                                    How that differ?
                                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

How that differ?
                                                                      the resolution would be much bigger from the camera instead of from the internet. he wants to get it framed so he would have to stretch the image on this page so it would lack the quality that he would get by having the image from source.

Comment

Originally posted by blaaaaaaah View Post

Cheers.
                                                                        Hi blaaaaaaah

PM me your email or number i'll forward pic

Well done in Vegas

Ta

Comment

Working...
                                                                        X