Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*** Unibet IPO 2019, 23rd - 28th October. Official Thread ***

Nick O'Hara here,
    I'm delighted to announce Ireland's favorite Poker event - IPO 2019.
    I'll be updating you here and on various other social media platforms with all you'll need to know about this year's IPO.

Please visit the IPO website for more Here

The International Poker Open is returning to Dublin for it's 13th time this year. The IPO is one of Europe's longest running annual Poker Events and
    draws players from all over Ireland and Europe while also attracting Players from the other four continents.

Congratulations to last year's winner, Joseph McKeown from England who, after a deal, took home a cool €24,370

Check out every IPO winner over the past decade on the Wall of Fame Here

This year's IPO promises to live up to it's reputation as being one of Ireland's largest and most action-packed Poker Events with
    fantastic prize money for an affordable buy in

Highlights for IPO 2019

* Online partner is the amazing Unibet

* Addition of a new €80 "Warm Up" tournament at 15:00 on the first day of the event (Wed 23rd Oct)

* IPO High Roller - Building on the success of the last two year's fantastic IPO €500 High Roller

* Mini Main - One Day Event on Monday 28th October

* Buck-Shot-Pong returns to the IPO party on the saturday night

The IPO has it's own website with information about the event, Blind Structures,
    event schedule, a Wall of Fame and much much more.
    www.internationalpokeropen.ie

Main Event Blind Structure

1. Who is running the event (organisation, society etc) - Vegas Events, Nick O'Hara
    2. The purpose of the event (charity, commercial etc) - Commercial
    3. Date - 23rd to 28th October 2019
    4. Location - Bonnington Hotel, Drumcondra, Dublin 9, Ireland
    5. Any guaranteed prize pool - No
    6. Registration and Start time of event - Reg from 12:00, Starts at 2pm
    7. Any prerequisites (member of club, society etc) - Sign up to Free Membership on the day (must have valid photo ID)
    8. How can tickets be purchased & is there a maximum number (in advance, at the door etc) - Online Here, Cash on the day, Credit/Debit Card on the day (3% fee for card transactions) (or via the online client to be announced shortly)
    9. Type of Tournament (Hold'em/Omaha etc Freezeout/Rebuy etc) - NLH- One Entry & one Re-Entry per Flight
    10. Cost of entry - €300
    11. How much of the entry fee is made up of registration fee - €40
    12. If a rebuy, cost of rebuys/top-up - NA
    13. How many and what duration are rebuys available - NA
    14. How long is late reg, and will you start with a full stack? Late Reg for 9 Levels. All late players receive a full stack during the late reg period
    15. % of entry fee/rebuys/top-up going into prize fund - 97.5%. (The 2.5% is a gratuity for IPO Staff)
    16. How many places being paid - Approx 12.5%
    17. Is any money from the prize fund held back for future tournaments, if so, how much - No
    18. Any tickets for future events given out as prizes. If so, how many - No
    19. Any additional prizes given out (merchandise etc) - TBC
    20. Starting chips - 30,000
    21. Rebuy and top-up chip amounts - NA
    22. Blind levels - See image above
    23. Blind timeframes - Day 1's - 40 mins, Days 2 & 3 - 50 mins
    24. Are there going to be dealers and their level of skill - Yes, Highly Skilled
    25. Will there be a documented list of rules - Yes
    26. Is there a tournament director - Yes, Nick O'Hara
    27. How are disputes handled ; who has final say - TD has Final Say
    28. Are there any cash games offered, if so, please outline the rake for each limit offered - Yes, Rake
    NLH €1/€2 – 5% Capped @ €14
    NLH €2/€5 – 5% Capped @ €12
    PLO €1/€2 – 5% Capped @ €12
    PLO €2/€5 – 5% Capped @ €10
    ROE €1/€2 – 5% Capped @ €12
    €1 Service Charge applies from each pot of €20 or over . The entire €1 is added towards the dealers Tip Pool .

Last edited by Vegas Events; 12-07-19, 12:36.
    sigpic IPO 2019, 23rd to 28th October - Irelands favorite Poker Event. More info Here

Online satellites are coming soon! I'll announce here once they go live on Unibet

N

sigpic IPO 2019, 23rd to 28th October - Irelands favorite Poker Event. More info Here

Comment

Why pay €300 when you can get in for €1

Last edited by Vegas Events; 15-09-19, 10:29.

Comment

Is there dates confirmed for the online legs yet?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Irisheman View Post
          Is there dates confirmed for the online legs yet?

Thanks
          Online day 1 - 21st October @ 8pm

13 min blinds

Comment

Comment

Can you please confirm that the Turbo Day 1's will have the same number of levels played as the longer level days?

Comment

Hi Nick.
                I have been talking to a friend who has been in touch with Unibet support. They have said that this coming Sunday is the last weekly final to win IPO €300 tickets. Is this correct, considering there are two more Sundays before IPO week?
                Also, what happens to any €33 tickets that people have in their accounts after Sunday?
                http://www.pokerinireland.net/

Comment

Originally posted by Arazi View Post
                  Can you please confirm that the Turbo Day 1's will have the same number of levels played as the longer level days?

Tournament structure is as in original post above. It hasn't changed nor will it.

N

Comment

Originally posted by ACE REPORTER View Post
                    Hi Nick.
                    I have been talking to a friend who has been in touch with Unibet support. They have said that this coming Sunday is the last weekly final to win IPO €300 tickets. Is this correct, considering there are two more Sundays before IPO week?
                    Also, what happens to any €33 tickets that people have in their accounts after Sunday?

Hi Mick,

1) The Online Satellites to IPO are scheduled to run right up to and including Sunday 20th October.

2) All €5 and €33 tickets can be used right up to and including 20th October. Any unused €5 and €33 tickets will be void after 20th October.

3) All the Online qualifiers award €300 tickets to the Online Day 1 which is on Monday 21st October at 20:00. Any player who does not use his ticket to enter the online Day 1 can hold on to it and use it to play in any live day 1 at the event.

4) Players who win one €300 ticket online cannot transfer their ticket to a different player or take a cash value for it - They will forefit the ticket and the buy-in will go into the Main Event prizepool.

5) Any player who wins more than one €300 ticket can use subsequent tickets to re-enter the tournament. Any player who has multiple tickets and only uses one of their tickets can wait until reg closes in the last Day 1 flight and then either use it to play side events or receive 300T'$ into their online Unibet acc.

Nick

PS: Can you send me a screenshot of the wrong information that the helpdesk sent?
                    Last edited by Vegas Events; 03-10-19, 18:40.

Comment

I assume you dont have to have a Unibet account to play?

A guarantee would have been nice

Comment

Originally posted by DJ View Post
                        I assume you dont have to have a Unibet account to play?
                        No, you don't need a Unibet acc to play

A guarantee would have been nice
                        There is a guarantee... You're guaranteed to have a fun time

Comment

Hi Nick,
                          i have a €300 IPO ticket won online which expires before the live day 1's start,
                          i assume that won't be an issue and i can just come in on whatever day 1 i want to play, even if the ticket disappears from my account?

Comment

Originally posted by Dahman View Post
                            Hi Nick,
                            i have a €300 IPO ticket won online which expires before the live day 1's start,
                            i assume that won't be an issue and i can just come in on whatever day 1 i want to play, even if the ticket disappears from my account?
                            Possibly a silly question but would it have been a ticket for the online days only?

Comment

Are the satellites 1 buy~in with only 1 re~buy total spend €80 per satellite. Main event.

Comment

Hi Nick,
                                Won one tonight and expires in 9 days too?

There are no live options to register im guessing.
                                Last edited by Dice75; 13-10-19, 22:35.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                  Possibly a silly question but would it have been a ticket for the online days only?
                                  I don't think so, i luckily binked another ticket tonight and i see it expires at the same time, so both should be good for live day 1's

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                  Won one tonight and expires in 9 days too?
                                  Should be all good

Comment

Online day 1 - 21st October @ 8pm

13 min blinds
                                    How many levels will be played in the online day 1?

Comment

Originally posted by left outside View Post
                                      How many levels will be played in the online day 1?
                                      15 levels, same structure as live day 1's, only difference is a 13 minute clock

Comment

14:00 #12 APAT Irish Amateur Poker
                                        Championship – Day 1 €100 + €20 00:40 40,000
                                        Is this event details correct? €120 with a 40min clock n 40k starting stack?

Comment

So,Nick,what's the story about ticket expiry? Mine expires in 6 days and I'm willing to play after 10 days...

Comment

Hi Nick,won ticket last night.
                                            Can this ticket be used in one of the live day 1

Comment

I am trying to register on Unibet to play Day 1 Online tonight but cannot find "Ireland" in the list of countries

Screenshot here: https://imgur.com/a/M8HsVVd

EDIT: all sorted.
                                              Last edited by ViperEyeIRL; 21-10-19, 15:32.
                                              "Poker isn’t about default strategies, it’s about exploiting your opponent's bad tendencies"

Comment

Originally posted by Cmondown View Post
                                                14:00 #12 APAT Irish Amateur Poker
                                                Championship – Day 1 €100 + €20 00:40 40,000
                                                Is this event details correct? €120 with a 40min clock n 40k starting stack?
                                                Yes the 40k / 40 mins is correct.

Comment

A few questions:

1) The structure shows that on Day 1 we play 13 levels, finishing at 1k-2.5k. Then Day 2 starts at 2k-5k doubling the blinds. Surely this can't be right? 1.5k-3k and 2k-4k should added or structure will collapse.

2) The online day 1 shows that 17 level have to be played, which are 4 more levels than day 1 live. Why?

3) The online day 1 stopped in the middle of level 15 without notice. Why?

4) The online day 1 shows that the tournament will restart in 3 days from now. That's Thursday and not Sunday. Why?

Thank you.
                                                  "Poker isn’t about default strategies, it’s about exploiting your opponent's bad tendencies"

Comment

It is strange that online players will play 2 extra levels.

with the same starting stack.

Comment

Originally posted by ViperEyeIRL View Post
                                                      A few questions:

1) The structure shows that on Day 1 we play 13 levels, finishing at 1k-2.5k. Then Day 2 starts at 2k-5k doubling the blinds. Surely this can't be right? 1.5k-3k and 2k-4k should added or structure will collapse.

2) The online day 1 shows that 17 level have to be played, which are 4 more levels than day 1 live. Why?

3) The online day 1 stopped in the middle of level 15 without notice. Why?

4) The online day 1 shows that the tournament will restart in 3 days from now. That's Thursday and not Sunday. Why?

Thank you.
                                                      Just on 3 and 4:

It did state in the lobby that: 'This tournament will only be played 15 levels and all remaining players will take their stack and continue the play in Dublin on Sunday 27 October'
                                                      Last edited by Irisheman; 22-10-19, 08:59.

Comment

Originally posted by Irisheman View Post
                                                        Just on 3 and 4:

It did state in the lobby that: 'This tournament will only be played 15 levels and all remaining players will take their stack and continue the play in Dublin on Sunday 27 October'
                                                        Thanks, I didn't see that. Looking at the Day 1 online structure in the lobby it was showing 17 levels, so I got confused thinking that those were the levels which were going to be played.

Hopefully the 1.5k-3k and 2k-4k levels will be added to the start of day 2 as it would make a huge difference. Alternatively it would be good to have those levels added at the end of Day 1s live to bust more players and get deeper stacks for Day 2 if it starts at T5k, making it a more enjoyable tournament.

Comment

Thanks, I didn't see that. Looking at the Day 1 online structure in the lobby it was showing 17 levels, so I got confused thinking that those were the levels which were going to be played.

Hopefully the 1.5k-3k and 2k-4k levels will be added to the start of day 2 as it would make a huge difference. Alternatively it would be good to have those levels added at the end of Day 1s live to bust more players and get deeper stacks for Day 2 if it starts at T5k, making it a more enjoyable tournament.
                                                          No worries. Yeah I had a photo of the lobby and tried to post it on here when replying to your post but the size restrictions are too small. That's typed as per what the lobby displayed.

Regarding 1 and 2 not sure on these - I'm sure Nick will get back on this shortly

Comment

Has there been instances of other online day 1s have a different structure than their live alternatives?

And if so, what's the thinking?

I think I only played an online day 1 once before (Killarney Partypoker thing), but I cant remember the structure. We were all in the money after making day 2

So i presume we just rock up on Sunday and our 'stack' is in a bag waiting for us?

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
                                                              Has there been instances of other online day 1s have a different structure than their live alternatives?

And if so, what's the thinking?

I think I only played an online day 1 once before (Killarney Partypoker thing), but I cant remember the structure. We were all in the money after making day 2

So i presume we just rock up on Sunday and our 'stack' is in a bag waiting for us?
                                                              Party for all their Grand Prixs play to being ITM for the Day 1's online and the levels are matched to the live ones (with 12 min intervals Vs 40min live from memory). They also bring back 15% of the field to Day 2 and all are ITM.
                                                              For the IPO we are 18% via the online leg with 12.5% paid so likely another 2 - 2.5 hours play on Sunday to be ITM if I had to guess. Structure for last nights online leg was very decent imo. Yep just rock up and should be a Day 2 bag there.

Comment

A few questions:

The IPO website says this:.....

21:40 22:20 10 600 1,200 1,200 00:40
                                                                22:20 23:00 11 800 1,600 1,600 00:40
                                                                23:00 23:40 12 1,000 2,000 2,000 00:40

23:40 23:55 Break CR 100’s 00:15

23:55 00:35 13 1,000 2,500 2,500 00:40
                                                                00:35 01:15 14 1,500 3,000 3,000 00:40
                                                                01:15 01:55 15 2,000 4,000 4,000 00:40

End Day 1. CR 500’s

13:00 13:50 16 2,000 5,000 5,000 00:50
                                                                13:50 14:40 17 3,000 6,000 6,000 00:50
                                                                14:40 15:30 18 4,000 8,000 8,000 00:50
                                                                15:30 15:50 Break 00:20

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
                                                                  The IPO website says this:.....

21:40 22:20 10 600 1,200 1,200 00:40
                                                                  22:20 23:00 11 800 1,600 1,600 00:40
                                                                  23:00 23:40 12 1,000 2,000 2,000 00:40

23:40 23:55 Break CR 100’s 00:15

23:55 00:35 13 1,000 2,500 2,500 00:40
                                                                  00:35 01:15 14 1,500 3,000 3,000 00:40
                                                                  01:15 01:55 15 2,000 4,000 4,000 00:40

End Day 1. CR 500’s

13:00 13:50 16 2,000 5,000 5,000 00:50
                                                                  13:50 14:40 17 3,000 6,000 6,000 00:50
                                                                  14:40 15:30 18 4,000 8,000 8,000 00:50
                                                                  15:30 15:50 Break 00:20
                                                                  Great! All makes sense now then, I got misled by the structure posted on page 1 of this thread which skips the last 2 levels of Day 1.

Comment

Great! All makes sense now then, I got misled by the structure posted on page 1 of this thread which skips the last 2 levels of Day 1.
                                                                    Me too in fairness

Comment

Didn’t know there were online day 1s for this. What have they been like? Hope it’s not like in similar scenarios the online day 2 players have much bigger average stack than people who are back from live day 1s

Comment

Only one online day 1 (held Monday). New to this event I believe. About 40 runners with 7 or so getting through? A couple of monster stacks.

Comment

If I played the online day one can i still play one of the live days ones?

Comment

I’m sure you could then carry over your largest stack to day 2. I asssume it’s unlimited or limited to 2 re entry’s etc

Comment

#39
                                                                              any day 2 updates? seat draws etc?
                                                                              Last edited by TonyCascarino; 27-10-19, 12:15.

Comment

#40
                                                                                Are cash games running around the clock?

Comment

#41
                                                                                  ipo

many thanks nick and all your team for another great well run ipo.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                  X