Student Masters 2012 - 10th March

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buy in direct to the Student Masters!

The final on line satellite ran last night gave away 5 seats to the Student Masters taking place this Saturday.

For those yet to qualify online for the Student Masters you can still buy in direct on http://paddypowerpoker.com

Buy in : €100 + €10

Holding tank closes @ 1pm tomorrow!
    Don't miss your chance to play this Saturday!
    Follow us on Twitter
    Follow us on Facebook

Comment

Will there be a late reg option if places don't fill up?

Comment

Will there be a late reg option if places don't fill up?
        Late reg will be available for the first two levels (1.5 hrs)
        Last edited by PaddyPowerPoker; 08-03-12, 12:03. Reason: wrong info
        Follow us on Twitter
        Follow us on Facebook

Comment

109 players registered for Student Masters

109 players now fully registered and paid into the Student Masters live poker event for this Saturday!!

Reg still open in the ppp.com client until 1pm sharp tomorrow.

Cash payments will be accepted on the day, spaces permitting.

Still anyones game for final number - guesses are below in order.

Follow us on Twitter
          Follow us on Facebook

Comment

Just wondering, is it 100% that the final table are coming back the night before the Irish Open?

I just don't see how the coming back the night before it seems like a good idea, with costs of Transport, getting accommodation etc all are worth it if you come back and bust. Especially if you are coming back with <15bbs or so.

Also, with the amount of money up for grabs for the winner, especially the IO ticket worth €3,500, they would maybe want a chance to sell some of that % to get some money back from it, but obviously finishing the day before doesn't really give a chance of that, as well as of course, having to play an extra day on top of the IO :/

All in all, the coming back the night before thing is not a good idea imo.

Comment

Originally posted by DJKendo View Post
              Just wondering, is it 100% that the final table are coming back the night before the Irish Open?

I just don't see how the coming back the night before it seems like a good idea, with costs of Transport, getting accommodation etc all are worth it if you come back and bust. Especially if you are coming back with <15bbs or so.

Also, with the amount of money up for grabs for the winner, especially the IO ticket worth €3,500, they would maybe want a chance to sell some of that % to get some money back from it, but obviously finishing the day before doesn't really give a chance of that, as well as of course, having to play an extra day on top of the IO :/

Well if you think of it from their perspective some student masters final tableist's will be now given an incentive to try n qualify for the irish open since they will be there anyway plus if they bust from the ft early they may go n play a bit of cash!both of which create revenue for paddy power very clever if you ask me!

Comment

It will be up for discussion when we get to the final 9 in the Student Masters. If they want to play it out or come back the next day we will sort it out for them.

Couple of reasons the night before the Irish Open was suggested originally:

- The play went on too late last year and many of the players would have preferred to play the final another time, when they had some time to rest (it was 8am when they were finishing up)

- Some students suggested coming back during the Irish Open because they wanted to experience the buzz that is in the hotel that weekend. There will be plenty going on in the Burlo that night, with Hellmuth, Negreanu and some other big players around the place

- As a result of the above, we though we might be able to put the Student Masters final on the feature table @ IO and it could be live streamed.

Ultimately we are happy to do whatever the final 9 want to do on the day so we will sort it out then.
                Follow us on Twitter
                Follow us on Facebook

Comment

Payouts Saturday

OK folks

Just to let you all know for the weekend we will be paying up to 9th Place fully on the day. Players 1-9 who are all coming back in April will all receive a flat €250 from the prizepool on the night just for a few celebratory drinks or whatever. We will be re-drawing the Final Table for position in April for your return.

Good Luck to all playing the weekend and don't forget the Student ID. Registration as mentioned from 12.00. We will be starting at 14.00 Sharp.

The Jackpot
                  Join us on Facebook and Twitter

Comment

why don't the top 9 get 9th place money? is that not the standard when a FT is scheduled at a later date?

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                      why don't the top 9 get 9th place money? is that not the standard when a FT is scheduled at a later date?
                      Thats exactly how it should be, lol at 250 (unless that is somehow 9th place money???)

You must be odds on for this tourney BK

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                        Thats exactly how it should be, lol at 250 (unless that is somehow 9th place money???)

You must be odds on for this tourney BK
                        I know you are joking but I dont think the standards will be as bad as people think. All depends on table draw and knowing my luck I'll have Downtown, Jam-Fly and Jwillo1 to my left for the day

Comment

I know you are joking but I dont think the standards will be as bad as people think. All depends on table draw and knowing my luck I'll have Downtown, Jam-Fly and Jwillo1 to my left for the day
                          You'll be 4th fav so

Comment

Whats with the coming back in April? When exactly, may have exams and therefore no point playing this.

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown View Post
                              Whats with the coming back in April? When exactly, may have exams and therefore no point playing this.
                              Night before IO as i understand.
                              airport, lol

Comment

Student ID available for rent, im white, pleasently plump but good looking with short black hair, offers open at .10c (lira only)

Comment

The Prizepool breakdown is based on the Percentages we pay at all the IO events. The prize pool is based on 180 runners with 18 being paid. 9th Place is not 250 total but would it not be nice to have at least a few quid handed to you at the return game.

Anyhow this breakdown of prize money can be changed on the night based on the number of players and also a decision made by all the players at the final table.

Again good luck at the event

The Jackpot
                                  Join us on Facebook and Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by thejackpot View Post
                                    The Prizepool breakdown is based on the Percentages we pay at all the IO events. The prize pool is based on 180 runners with 18 being paid. 9th Place is not 250 total but would it not be nice to have at least a few quid handed to you at the return game.

Anyhow this breakdown of prize money can be changed on the night based on the number of players and also a decision made by all the players at the final table.

Again good luck at the event

The Jackpot
                                    It would be nicer to get 9th place money in this case!

Comment

whats the cap on the event going to be?

Comment

whats the cap on the event going to be?
                                        Follow us on Twitter
                                        Follow us on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by R0Y4LF7U5H
                                          @PaddyPower

Fancy sponsoring me a ticket for myself and my charity?
                                          Sorry dude you're gonna have to lay off with the begging posts, PPP are generous enough around here already.
                                          "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Ah but with the money they are making it wouldn't be much of a dent to the system.
                                            Besides if you don't ask, you won't get.
                                            jesus have some respect for yourself

Comment

Ah but with the money they are making it wouldn't be much of a dent to the system.
                                              Besides if you don't ask, you won't get.
                                              Gotta chance your arm from time to time I suppose, till you get everybody asking them then it's not cool, thats why its generally frowned upon around here.

Comment

jesus have some respect for yourself
                                                We know your cool and all like that BK but lay off a little, as for you A_CE real classy thanking that post, WOW you will never ever learn

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                  We know your cool and all like that BK but lay off a little, as for you A_CE real classy thanking that post, WOW you will never ever learn
                                                  sorry Danny but the majority of his posts are him begging - just annoyed me is all. No coincidence that the increase in that kinda thing is prevalent around the time of a student event

Comment

sorry Danny but the majority of his posts are him begging - just annoyed me is all. No coincidence that the increase in that kinda thing is prevalent around the time of a student event
                                                    I beg to differ. (no pun intended).

Comment

Ticket for sale..cant make it due to work..Pm me
                                                      http://formbet.co.uk?ap_id=Filly10 Horse Racing Ratings

Comment

Originally posted by DJKendo View Post

ya a lot of good points here as to why it'd be better to play it out. The money ain't gona be thaaaat huge so waiting a month to finish 7th for less than a grand doesn't sound too appealing. The Irish open ticket is a huge factor in this though, not having an opportunity to sell the ticket or sell percentages really is a big deal (obviously it's absolutely fantastic to have it added so don't take this as me complaining about free things )

I can understand the thought behind holding the final table the night before the IO, I'm sure the buzz would be electric. That said, I really think it's more practical to either play it out or have the final table on the Sunday
                                                        Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

LL

So whos collecting for LL on the day, let me know so I can find you.
                                                          I plan on living forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Countdown..

Less than 4 hours to register for the Student Masters on the paddypowerpoker.com client!

There are 109 players registered at present! For those of you yet to qualify you can buy in direct for €110.

Holding tank closes at 1pm.
                                                            Follow us on Twitter
                                                            Follow us on Facebook

Comment

not gonna be able to make todays 1pm deadline surely if i drive up tomorow there will be seats il be up at approx 1pm

Comment

Originally posted by Cardfather93 View Post
                                                                not gonna be able to make todays 1pm deadline surely if i drive up tomorow there will be seats il be up at approx 1pm
                                                                There are 112 players paid in now, we will have space for 250 so plenty of spaces available on the day.

Registration opens at 12pm and event starts at 2pm.
                                                                Follow us on Twitter
                                                                Follow us on Facebook

Comment

It's all good BK we got the reported post about it and dealt with it, should be no need for anybody to jump in and have a dig does nothing but just prolong something that doesn't need to.

Comment

im hoping that if i did make the final table that the final table is not on sunday.. id be the d**k who wouldnt agree to play on sunday haha

Comment

Ticket?

Hi, Jimmy here from NUIM Poker soc. Our treasurer is looking to buy a ticket if anyone is selling. Please let me know

Comment

Originally posted by Phil3 View Post
                                                                        Ticket for sale..cant make it due to work..Pm me
                                                                        This guy Jim!

Comment

138 runners, looking forward to this tomorrow. Anyone hardly driving up from Waterford in the morning? Getting the bus but would'nt mind giving someone a few quid if they are driving up?

Comment

will there be cash games running at the student masters?

Comment

Anyone able to tell me how far the Burlington is from Connolly Rail Station via walking/taxi?

Comment

Originally posted by burkeyoa View Post
                                                                                Anyone able to tell me how far the Burlington is from Connolly Rail Station via walking/taxi?
                                                                                Seeminly its closer to pearse but i'm not sure! Google is your friend

Comment

Walk to O'Connell St and get the 46a bus from there. It stops right outside the Burlington and there's one every 7 minutes or so. The stop is by Burger King by the Spire (opposite McDonalds).
                                                                                  Last edited by AdMMM; 09-03-12, 23:47.

Comment

i'll try do a bit of updating off the phone when i get a chance

Comment

i'll try do a bit of updating off the phone when i get a chance
                                                                                      same as

Comment

Basically on the way with the main aim of tangling with BK.

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown View Post
                                                                                          Basically on the way with the main aim of tangling with BK.
                                                                                          I get the feeling everyone is trying to bluff me...

Comment

I get the feeling everyone is trying to bluff me...
                                                                                            Jackpot prob have a bounty on your head

Comment

14k at the break

Comment

153 runners avg stack 11k blinds 100/200

Comment

Was considering going up for this, but cost of petrol and the thoughts of being in Dublin was too much in the end :/ Gl all

Comment

29k id rather not say how I got there. Average 12.5k

Comment

14k at the break
                                                                                                      153 runners avg stack 11k blinds 100/200
                                                                                                      TylerD need not worry about his blogging job anyway.
                                                                                                      ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

boss. gl

Comment

Thats ridiculous we need info.....
                                                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

Playing 40k+. So soft!!

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                                                                                                              You here?

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                                                                                                                sorry on phone its hard

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                                                Thats ridiculous we need info.....
                                                                                                                3bet pot 82 v AA. Flop J88. Stacks go in on a 4c turn

Comment

Sorry clock shows 169 entries 116 left

Comment

58.3k at the break! Food time!

Comment

Busted this about an hour ago. Lost a big pot in a cooler of sorts with JJ < tremelos QQ.

Then shoved 25bbs over a 5 x open with AQ and got called by the table CL with AK, no good.

Good game and everyone seemed to be having a great time. Standard wasnt too bad but still saw some horrific stuff. there was one guy at my table who was only playing AA,KK,QQ,Ak,JJ but was playing push/fold with a 10k stack at 25-50.

Comment

84 left avg stack is 20k. I have 45k. Some interesting hands il write up properly when I get home. Standard is mixed tbh

Comment

169 players total. Prize breakdown below:

1: €4,650 + €3,500 Irish Open seat
                                                                                                                          2: €2,800
                                                                                                                          3: €1,800
                                                                                                                          4: €1,400
                                                                                                                          5: €1,150
                                                                                                                          6: €900
                                                                                                                          7: €750
                                                                                                                          8: €600
                                                                                                                          9: €500
                                                                                                                          10: €400
                                                                                                                          11 / 12: €300
                                                                                                                          13 / 14 / 15: €250
                                                                                                                          16 / 17 / 18: €200
                                                                                                                          Follow us on Twitter
                                                                                                                          Follow us on Facebook

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X