quitting smoking bet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RBBlogger View Post
    No probs Alan. I just think I need to have a decent sum of money on it for me to stay off for a year and hopefully for good. I've been in Malta since Nov and more than likely will be here for the next year. My name is Paul Redfern and don't play live much so not many people have met me personally from IPB. I have a boring blog which I update monthly...

Caf is the other IPB'er I mentioned living over here in Malta and he is a smoker so drinking with him would be a challenge if the bet were to take place!

So its up to you if you want to put forward an amount your happy with if you want to proceed with the bet, but no probs if you want to keep your bets local/with people you know..

Also meant to add I did a 500 euro 30 day without alcohol last longer bet with a 2+2'er in June, so if you do need incentive to give up a vice, last longer bets are defo the way to go.. tough going but well worth it
    You seem pretty cool, and thanks for your helpful suggestions, and ive noticed some of your posting. How about we do a 300 one month last longer? U can pick your date to start it.

Comment

Ok folks so far I'm facing a potential payout of 2850 should i go back smoking. I really hope the offers continue, last longers obv better for me, but also at least thats two ppl tryin to kick the most damaging habit you can have. Could actually save some lives here. Smoking related fact for the day: Smoking causes over 90% of lung cancer.
      Last edited by alanmc101; 16-08-11, 13:27. Reason: took another 300 on from rpblogger

Comment

Best of luck with this Alan. If I wasnt a broke student I would take you up on a last longest. Im only 18 and am on 20+ a day. Sickening really. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by A_CitizenErased View Post
          Best of luck with this Alan. If I wasnt a broke student I would take you up on a last longest. Im only 18 and am on 20+ a day. Sickening really. Good luck.
          €60 a week? Broke? lols

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
            €60 a week? Broke? lols
            When your best friend is back and forth working in Germany, Fags dont cost anything.

Comment

Originally posted by pgodkin View Post
              Alan i would do a last longer for 500 euro if you want but will be very hard to track, i have been thinkin about this for a while you need to do this with a real life buddy not an internet person <--- we all lie!!
              Dude what about the monkey last longer? pending the verification of your identity!

Comment

You seem pretty cool, and thanks for your helpful suggestions, and ive noticed some of your posting. How about we do a 300 one month last longer? U can pick your date to start it.
                Nice One Alan,

Yeah, that would work for me for sure. I can start right now, I havent had any cigarettes today but i have had 2 nicotine lozenges .. I was so close to buying a box of smokes in the shop earlier but somehow resisted.

Start date 16/08/2011
                End date 16/09/2011

Conditions - nicotine replacement aids allowed.

I'll pm you my skype so we can keep each other motivated.

thanks
                Paul

Comment

Originally posted by RBBlogger View Post
                  Nice One Alan,

Yeah, that would work for me for sure. I can start right now, I havent had any cigarettes today but i have had 2 nicotine lozenges .. I was so close to buying a box of smokes in the shop earlier but somehow resisted.

Start date 16/08/2011
                  End date 16/09/2011

Conditions - nicotine replacement aids allowed.

I'll pm you my skype so we can keep each other motivated.

thanks
                  Paul
                  Cool man done deal, gl dude

Comment

Originally posted by NicoSanty View Post
                    Quitter
                    Nick fancy gettin healthy 1k last longer? u can pick timeframe, that'll wrap up this betting thread for me

Comment

Originally posted by alanmc101 View Post
                      Nick fancy gettin healthy 1k last longer? u can pick timeframe, that'll wrap up this betting thread for me
                      Sorry lad I never give up! Ask me again in a few years though

Comment

Originally posted by NicoSanty View Post
                        Sorry lad I never give up! Ask me again in a few years though
                        lol no probs mate, no smokin in the room in barca! In a few yrs ill be off fags a few yrs by then hence ineligible to have a last longer!

Comment

hey lads nearly been a week now minus the death sticks, goin grand feel like a million bucks. at the risk of sounding like a complete alco I've actually been out on the lash 3 times and no Probs for me, u can ask the poker dudes I was out in cork wit last night, nicnic etc haven't touched one. only 51 wks to collect!

Comment

Hey Alan
                            Delighted to hear your still off them... stick with it.
                            I've just smoked my last 1 so I'm now officially off them and our LLbet has commenced.

Comment

ok Noel, best.of luck man. first day will be tough but it just gets easier from then on, keep her lit. Jus keep busy. glgl I sincerely hope noones paying out here

Comment

Give up the coffee aswell imo!
                                Huh, Math my dear boy is nothing more than the lesbian sister of biology.

My Poker Blog http://jason-tompkins.blogspot.com
                                My twitter http://twitter.com/#!/blaaaaaah666

Comment

Originally posted by blaaaaaaah View Post
                                  Give up the coffee aswell imo!
                                  Why dosent he jus give up boose, sex and join the priesthood while he's at it.... Are ya mental lad? Im off the smokes a few months, but i reckon half the battle has been coffee!! No exageration!!

WPWP AL btw keep it up mate....
                                  Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes; after that, who cares?! He's a mile away and you've got his shoes!

Comment

lol cheers dude, ah aidan my coffee addictions been an ongoin joke for a while, but I have cut that down too, as for the booze, not for diamonds lads! too much fun

Comment

ok Noel, best.of luck man. first day will be tough but it just gets easier from then on, keep her lit. Jus keep busy. glgl I sincerely hope noones paying out here
                                      Subliminal messages, very dirty tactics

Comment

Originally posted by Laois Hammer View Post
                                        Subliminal messages, very dirty tactics
                                        Loooooooooooooooooool man that made me laugh so hard!!

Comment

Originally posted by UbetUwin View Post
                                          Why dosent he jus give up boose, sex and join the priesthood while he's at it.... Are ya mental lad? Im off the smokes a few months, but i reckon half the battle has been coffee!! No exageration!!

WPWP AL btw keep it up mate....
                                          You are gay!
                                          Huh, Math my dear boy is nothing more than the lesbian sister of biology.

My Poker Blog http://jason-tompkins.blogspot.com
                                          My twitter http://twitter.com/#!/blaaaaaah666

Comment

@ Jason... i think ur right about the coffee 2 man ...but 1 addiction at a time me thinks....
                                            thanks for the well wishes guys and the dirty tactics.
                                            Keep her lit ...lol

Comment

Hey fellas,
                                              Quick update, I've been off the fags since the 15th of August, thats 3.5 weeks, I'm still on a low strength nico patch which i will be taking off on Sunday night and will be clean from then on. I've found it easier than expected, I've been out drinking at tourneys in smokin areas and I haven't touched one, a lot of ppl can vouch for this. Anyway theres one person on this thread who's failed to start the last longer and I've been sound by giving this person a second chance to start. You kno who you are and I'm giving you until midnight this Sunday to start upholding your side of this bet otherwise i'm calling it in. Cheers Gl

Comment

Off the fags 7 weeks yesterday by my calculation now lads, im pretty pleased with myself and have found it easier than expected. I still get some bad cravings at times but they pass quickly enough, its all about gettin your head in the right place to quit. Unfortunately one person who has demonstrated that it is possible to have a gentleman's bet has come forward to me and conceded losing the last longer. Unlucky sir, i hope u can kick them soon and wish you all the best. I'm lead to believe that teh person having the 1k last longer is off the fags so time will tell but be prepared for a drug test in the coming weeks my friend!

Comment

Hey bad news for me good news for those punting vs me, I'm back smoking,dunno how the fuck I let it happen, had a few on a night out last week, got up next day and made a beeline for the shop to buy some, I'm a spastic I know! Got u Knew I shouldnt have punted vs. ciaran, should've listened when he said I was drawing dead, I did last nearly nine months but it never goes away. Some ppl said say nothin just go off them again but a bets a bet and couldn't take money off anyone like that, I'll get in touch with ye about sortin ye out.

Comment

first time i went off the fags was 17 years ago and i stayed off them for 2 and half years then went back smoking little by little a cigar here and there . im off them now again since oct1st 2008 and i still crave one every now and then and i say if i tried one i be back smoking again full time . its not easy to do but my health is a lot better than what it was when i smoked so that helps me to stay off them .hope you give it another try because in the long run its better for you not to smoke

Comment

Hey bad news for me good news for those punting vs me, I'm back smoking,dunno how the fuck I let it happen, had a few on a night out last week, got up next day and made a beeline for the shop to buy some, I'm a spastic I know! Got u Knew I shouldnt have punted vs. ciaran, should've listened when he said I was drawing dead, I did last nearly nine months but it never goes away. Some ppl said say nothin just go off them again but a bets a bet and couldn't take money off anyone like that, I'll get in touch with ye about sortin ye out.
                                                      Pretty sick Alan

Comment

You gave them a good sweat!

Why not try out the electronic cigs, if you're going to rely on nicotine, might aswell do away with all the harmful chemicals of smokes, yes it's still a cop out but by far the healthier option, a lesser of two evils so to speak.

Send me a pm if you need any advice on them, so many options these days it's a bit like buying a new PC.

I've been using one over a year now with small stints here and there nicotine free, found it far easier coming off these than quitting the smokes.

Comment

Working...
                                                        X