This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All in baby!!
    ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

It finishes down wind. This is not going to happen.
      Bronze at best me thinks.

Comment

thats it annalise, follow the chinawoman, she knows what shes doing

Comment

The brit should do us a favour and ram a few of these boats for us

Comment

Originally posted by A_CitizenErased View Post
            I thought she has to finish in front of either China, Netherlands and Germany? I cant see Germany at all.

Edit: woops...must be BEL
            Belgium not Germany.

Comment

Going tpo be a struggle to hold here!
              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

sailing looks like a bit of craic!
                airport, lol

Comment

I thought she has to finish in front of either China, Netherlands and Germany? I cant see Germany at all.

Edit: woops...must be BEL
                  Sorry, my bad. Got my Belgium/Germany flags confused in the link I posted.

Comment

China are just too fucking good at everything.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                      Sorry, my bad. Got my Belgium/Germany flags confused in the link I posted.
                      No prob.. I only realised they were showing the four flags of the main contenders anyway so should have known

Comment

Sigh!

Comment

Belgium caught up

Comment

China are just too fucking good at everything.
                            Drugs.
                            Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Getting crushed now.

Comment

fucking low road

Comment

i keep thinking its near the end and it keeps going
                                  airport, lol

Comment

Out of it

Cruel

Comment

Heartbreak

Comment

Well that's the end of that

Comment

FUCK!

Comment

we were robbed
                                            airport, lol

Comment

After that start, to lose it like that. Heartbreaking.

Comment

unlucky Ireland

Comment

Fuck sailing

Comment

Chinas boat has green diesel helping it go from under it obv.

Comment

Now let's never speak of sailing again.

Boxing is the way forward.

Comment

Anyone for a few bars of the fields of Athenry

Comment

bubble sickness

Comment

Gave us a good sweat. Still very young and this should only make her stronger. Shes going to be gutted though.

Comment

A heroic loss

how tragically Irish

Comment

Chinas boat has green diesel helping it go from under it obv.
                                                                Would you ever just fuck off already

Comment

I don't want to be harsh and I obviously know fuck all about the sport, but it seemed like she persisted with that part of the course on the downwind sections despite it costing her time after time. A bit of stubbornness cost her methinks.

Amazing performance obviously though - ranked 11th in the world and finished 4th. Overperformed, can't complain.
                                                                  "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

do i have enough time to slip in latest episode of breaking bad before katie taylor or will I miss the latest bandwagon?
                                                                    airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                                      Gave us a good sweat. Still very young and this should only make her stronger. Shes going to be gutted though.
                                                                      Probably needs to starve herself and practise more in light winds. Certainly delivered a sweat but the damage was done in the earlier races. Needed to carry a few points into the medal race to really keep the advantage away from the lighter weaker girls in a shortened medal race with light inshore breezes.

If only all our athletes delivered a sweat like it.
                                                                      ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by pgodkin View Post
                                                                        unlucky Ireland
                                                                        Was she unlucky or just not good enough? But like when someone spews off chips to bust and someone says 'unlucky, well played' when it wasn't

I haven't watched any of it so no idea either way

Comment

Cricket petering out to a rain-affected draw Kev. SA look so solid, would need to be either a dodgy pitch at Lords, exceptional bowling by England or both to deny us the loots.

Such an excellent sport for long-range funkage <insert picture of Hannibal from the A Team here>
                                                                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                                            I don't want to be harsh and I obviously know fuck all about the sport, but it seemed like she persisted with that part of the course on the downwind sections despite it costing her time after time. A bit of stubbornness cost her methinks.

Amazing performance obviously though - ranked 11th in the world and finished 4th. Overperformed, can't complain.
                                                                            Before race 10 she had a bit of a gap over the others, which would have given her some wiggle room here in the medal race, she got pretty unlucky, finished 7th and the rivals all up at the front which the gap disappeared.

Like you said though and overperformance, and she's still very young too.

Huge lolz on BBC3, presenter guy goes over to some celebrating Belgians for a comment. "Fucking unbelievable, unfuckingbelievable, I cant fucking believe it". Cue lots of apologies from the presenter

Comment

I dunno either but staying away from the congestion when you are the heaviest boat and can't react as quickly in light winds might be the reason too. Im sure the coach and herself had a plan. She certainly showed plenty of fight and bravery throughout and that's what got her there too.

Comment

Lol, BBC reporter interviewing Van Acker's fans, turns to one guy and says 'How do you feel right now?'

'Fucking unbelievable, un Fucking believable'
                                                                                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Meh, could never get emotionally invested in the sailing anyway, thoroughly incomprehensible sport.

Battering someone more than they batter you, now that I can understand.

Comment

Nice interview from the Chinese there

Comment

The boating experts are out in force now.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                                                                        Nice interview from the Chinese there
                                                                                        Please tell me she described her boat as 'junk'

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                          That Katie Taylor can win one fight and get an Olympic medal seems vaguely wrong when you compare it to what others have to do to get one.
                                                                                          Less places means qualification is harder.
                                                                                          So I'd say that ease of secure a medal finish and ease of qualification are more or less inversely proportional.
                                                                                          Originally posted by cooker3 View Post
                                                                                          I don't like the fact a semi-final is a guaranteed medal. 2 semi final losers should fight off for bronze like most other sports. 2 bronze medals dilutes it imo.
                                                                                          All sports that involve fights have 2 bronzes. For good reasons really.

It's just a game with no consequences, then a play off is easy.
                                                                                          Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                                          In Judo they have a repechage system and still give out two bronze medals. The vagaries of the draw make some bronzes more earned then others in all sports imo. It's hard to know really. Del Potro really earned his bronze yesterday but did his opponent care as much?? It's a tough one.

The only medal that brooks no argument under any system is gold I guess.
                                                                                          Yeah, the repechage in judo creates some strange ones. For example, in Bejing, Rousey was eliminated but when on to win bronze. The other bronze was taken by the judoka that eliminated her.

The repechage is good in that it balances uneven draws, but I can't help but feel that the two bronzes are always equal.
                                                                                          Last edited by Mellor; 06-08-12, 12:56.

Comment

What's the story with the thread title? Did someone make a 10k post I missed?

Comment

Breaking Bad was good yo!
                                                                                              "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

What price is Katie Taylor for this fight?

They are taking 1.14 on Betfair now, that must be wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                  What price is Katie Taylor for this fight?

They are taking 1.14 on Betfair now, that must be wrong?
                                                                                                  thought like 1/10
                                                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

The Algerian who won the 1500m semi final last night has been fucked out of the Olympics for 'not trying' in the 800m heats after he was accidentally entered by his national team.

Comment

Taylor and Jonas winning Medals are mutually exclusive arent they?

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                                                        Breaking Bad was good yo!
                                                                                                        SPOILER
                                                                                                        Very good, Mike has really become the man. I said it last week and i say it again. Skyler must go, make it look like suicide whatever but please kill the bitch shes a liability

did you see this post earlier?

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                                        finished southland
                                                                                                        SPOILER
                                                                                                        Really loved it, thought it was a better show when it finished than when it started. Was glad to see tang go at end she was a good character but started to annoy me at the end. Was it just me or was the last episode with ben cleaning guns at the start and him killing the pimp supposed to suggest he planted the gun?
                                                                                                        airport, lol

Comment

Cian O Connor 12 pens in showjumping. Surely gone?

Comment

She was heartbroken.
                                                                                                            "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Taylor and Jonas winning Medals are mutually exclusive arent they?
                                                                                                              yep

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                                                Cian O Connor 12 pens in showjumping. Surely gone?
                                                                                                                Done

Comment

She was heartbroken.
                                                                                                                  A lot of determination there to be back stronger for Rio though, nice to see

Comment

ah real tough watching that interview there, poor girl gutted and worst thing was she knew she had herself to blame

Comment

Originally posted by mcnugget View Post
                                                                                                                      yep
                                                                                                                      Cool found some free money on betfair layed Taylor from 1.08 - 1.12 and backed Jonas at 4

There is still some 1,25 to lay against 4.0 unfortunately after last week my betfair boots are full

Comment

Very tough interview but outside of winning a medal this is the best finish she could have asked for.

Comment

Cool found some free money on betfair layed Taylor from 1.08 - 1.12 and backed Jonas at 4

There is still some 1,25 to lay against 4.0 unfortunately after last week my betfair boots are full
                                                                                                                          in the spirit of the olympics and you being a horrible wretch I would ban you for that

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X