Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Youtube embedding is enabled, but not like other places.

Just cut and paste the entire url and it will embed. Simples.

Last edited by 6starpool; 24-01-10, 08:06.

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBOEsQCdqpI[/ame]

Hurts - 'Blood, Tears & Gold'.Surrender is available for pre-order on iTunes now: http://smarturl.it/HurtsSurrenderDlx?IQid=YT Buy signed CDs and Vinyl: http...
      Last edited by 6starpool; 16-06-11, 18:23.

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmJbpHVCIKY[/ame]

Comment

First non-new-admin post! Sweet
          You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
          World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Welcome.

Comment

Morning all!

Comment

Anyone want to give odds whether this place will work or not?

Comment

Schismtastic
                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Tony, how is your php?

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                      Anyone want to give odds whether this place will work or not?
                      PokerTalk.ie almost succeeded but failed because the mods were willing to work on Boards.ie. That's not the case here and you guys have great reputations so I have no doubt that this place will take off.

If you need any hand with anything, just give me a shout

Comment

Hello all, congrats Kayroo on the first post,

A bright new day...

Wonder how long it'll last!!

Comment

Originally posted by AdMMM View Post
                          PokerTalk.ie almost succeeded but failed because the mods were willing to work on Boards.ie. That's not the case here and you guys have great reputations so I have no doubt that this place will take off.

If you need any hand with anything, just give me a shout
                          Cheers AdMMM.

You know how to get email notifications working? I can get them to send but the link doesn't work. This includes validation emails. I think I might need a php script or something, but that isn't my strong suit.

Everything else has mostly been figured out.

Comment

nil right now. I'll chat to you about it ... installing msn now

Comment

God knows. Boards is such a behemoth now.

I'd say the poker forum over there will continue to be fair although I'd be amazed if they could get people to moderate it to be honest.

I don't know how you guys plan on doing it but a "Poker Mods Resign" thread might have a ring of deja vu about it and could undermine your position. Possibly each of you post in the BBV about it?

When are the Admins gonna revoke your Moderator status?

Comment

Also, why won't my picture upload?

Comment

Cheers AdMMM.

You know how to get email notifications working? I can get them to send but the link doesn't work. This includes validation emails. I think I might need a php script or something, but that isn't my strong suit.

Everything else has mostly been figured out.
                                  Is it a page not found error that's served when someone clicks a verification link? vB handles all account verifications internally so there should be no need to do anything out of the ordinary to get things to work. I'd advise you have a quick check of all the paths and urls in the settings because broken links can be caused by an extra "/" here or there.

Also, why won't my picture upload?
                                  As far as I know, there's a directory on the server that needs to be given the correct permissions. Once that's sorted then there shouldn't be any problems with uploading pictures

Comment

So this is where it's gonna happen then....best of luck lads with the new site and it's gonna be home :-) I'll have to split loyalties for the time being with Boards because of the HU league.

Comment

can we have a sports-betting sticky, this placed is jinxed

Comment

Sup chumps. I approve of your faction

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post

I'd say the poker forum over there will continue to be fair although I'd be amazed if they could get people to moderate it to be honest.

I don't know how you guys plan on doing it but a "Poker Mods Resign" thread might have a ring of deja vu about it and could undermine your position. Possibly each of you post in the BBV about it?

No thread from us over there. If someone else starts one in poker so be it, but we won't be. It has been done in private this time.

This isn't a big fuck you to boards, but rather a 'we can't work for you anymore'.

I will stil lcontinue to use boards and post on other parts of the site, although I hope this is an active poker forum once it is up and running.

Comment

Originally posted by nicnicnic View Post
                                            Seconded. I have some golf betting coming starting in March

Comment

Sweet, I've wanted that Avatar for ages

Comment

We've already resigned, we're not going to make a song and dance over it though.

We're gonna do up a Mission Statement of sorts for here tomorrow or whenever, but it's basically just this place is 100% for the Poker community, the direction boards is going just doesn't fit with the Poker forum any more, a Poker forum will definitely go on over there, but, IMO it won't be what it used to be.

Comment

done.

Comment

FWIW, as long as this forum continues I won't be using Boards Poker anymore. I use the Legal and Basketball forums and will continue to but you guys pretty much all know where I stood over the last while and that hasn't changed.

Irish Poker Boards FTW.

Comment

Thanks Kayroo, I'm the same, I'll still use other areas of boards, but not the Poker forum.

Comment

Typical of Lloyd. Cause all the trouble, be a co conspirator here, and not even be around for the opening ceremony.

People still having trouble with image posting?

Comment

Typical of Lloyd. Cause all the trouble, be a co conspirator here, and not even be around for the opening ceremony.

People still having trouble with image posting?
                                                          No I got it now, it was me being a total retard as a matter of fact.

Comment

There is also a 100 posts/page option if anyone wants it, and custom avatars. We stopped uploading after doing about 12, so custom avatars was easier than putting up loads more imo.

Comment

Hi noobs!

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Seconded. I have some golf betting coming starting in March
                                                                    I had some this week, ship Kaymer :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                                      Think maybe the page you get redirected to after registration is wrong ... maybe!

[hello]
                                                                      was this an email link? email verification is disabled for the time being.

Comment

Howdy folks.
                                                                        "I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes art. You read a book and the writer touches something in you that you would not have brought out of yourself. He makes you discover something interesting in your life. If you are living like an animal, what is the point? What makes the day interesting is that we try to transform it into something that is close to art." - Arsene Wenger

Comment

Just to get things moving:

How the fuck are the Colts not 3+ scores ahead of the Jets?

Also; how bad is the Colts Defensive Coach? Everyone knows the Jets go big on 1st Down deep in their own half and the Colts allow 167 passing yards in the first half inc. 2 70+ yard passes and the longest play in Jets post-season history? I swear if Manning doesn't score again I'll go mental. He's killing the spread.

Comment

There is also a 100 posts/page option if anyone wants it, and custom avatars. We stopped uploading after doing about 12, so custom avatars was easier than putting up loads more imo.
                                                                            I was eagerly awaiting the wimmins to make an appearance as an avatar category

Comment

#39
                                                                              Evening all.

someone light the fire and put on the kettle, we're here to stay this time i'd imagine.
                                                                              We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

#40
                                                                                Originally posted by AdMMM View Post
                                                                                I was eagerly awaiting the wimmins to make an appearance as an avatar category
                                                                                Hey, never rule it out. Just been a bit busy to do that atm.

Everyone like the cheesy logo? Anyone want to design a classy one?

Comment

#41
                                                                                  I had some this week, ship Kaymer :-)
                                                                                  How are you feeling about next week?

Interesting discussion this week about how the Bob Hope field was way way weaker than the Abu Dhabi field and how the European Tour is looking like it might move ahead of the PGA Tour in terms of attracting the biggest names week in, week out.

Obv with 3 of the 4 Majors being in the US the PGA Tour is still in a good position as it will keep the big players on that Tour at least some of the year but with the Asian market being moved into by the European Tour and that being the new money market, surely the decline of the PGA Tour is inevitable over the next 5-7 years?

Comment

#42
                                                                                    Evening all!

Are our passwords safe here?

Comment

#43
                                                                                      ...

Comment

#44
                                                                                        Can you guys somehow disable Ace2007 from using emoticons of any sort on this site?

Please???

Comment

#45
                                                                                          Jesus, all hell's broken loose.

I don't have access to my original boards.ie e-mail address (dormant account) , so it looks like I'm a refugee!

At least there's a nice warm home here.

I've had nobody to talk to about demolishing Rush Poker! Or nobody to ask for help in convincing FTP that they should give me rakeback or else I'm leaving. ( stupid 60 day limit bullshit)

Comment

#46
                                                                                            No, it was just after i completed the reg page and it said 'redirecting you know', then went to a page that had an address like:

i.e. it had two forwardslashes before the 'index' part. Maybe it was just me though, and it is incredibly minor...
                                                                                            Same here

Comment

#47
                                                                                              Take it to Helpdesk

Comment

#48
                                                                                                btw Can we have a cousins thread as a result of our newfound independence?
                                                                                                We talked about this, but it's against some of the T&C's we agreed to when setting this up, we haven't had a indepth look into yet, but ATM, we're not gonna have a dedicated thread to it.

We're obviously gonna be a little more liberal about it here, but for the moment it's a no on a dedicated thread/forum. We also don't want to draw too much unwanted attention to ourselves, so for the minute it's the same cousins list as we have, but when we get more time, we cab look into it properly and decide again.

Comment

#49
                                                                                                  What happened to that golfer that everyone was looking at as nailed on for a top 5 finish?

Comment

#50
                                                                                                    No, it was just after i completed the reg page and it said 'redirecting you know', then went to a page that had an address like:

i.e. it had two forwardslashes before the 'index' part. Maybe it was just me though, and it is incredibly minor...
                                                                                                    Yep, same here but I took out one of the slashes and still no joy. Blank page.

I suspect it should be redirecting to www.irishpokerboards.com/forum/index.php but you probably want to put something in place for www.irishpokerboards.com/index.php too.

Comment

#51
                                                                                                      Evening all i was wondering why it was eerily quite of the mods over on boards

Comment

#52
                                                                                                        It's good to be back, 100 posts per page!
                                                                                                        Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

#53
                                                                                                          ...

Comment

#54
                                                                                                            I'm hopin the site will bring wit it some good luck - yet again in the SE i manage to get it all in miles ahead and someone hits a 2/3 outer - i wouldn't mind losin if i have a set v flushdraw, ah well at least i lasted longer than Jay
                                                                                                            Last edited by Ace; 24-01-10, 23:03.

Comment

#55
                                                                                                              I'm still looking forward to my free rashers in the morning. Non nom

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

#56
                                                                                                                Originally posted by emmet02 View Post
                                                                                                                Or nobody to ask for help in convincing FTP that they should give me rakeback or else I'm leaving. ( stupid 60 day limit bullshit)
                                                                                                                Fuck You Full Tilt

Hello Emmet,

Thank you for contacting Full Tilt Poker.

Your account is not currently linked to an affiliate.

In order to remain linked to an affiliate your Full Tilt Poker account balance must reach a minimum of $25, at some stage, within 60 days of registration.

As per the affiliate agreement, if this condition is not met, then your account will be removed from the affiliate program.

Unfortunately, we cannot reassign the affiliate to your account.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to email us. We're always here to help.

Regards,

Alessandro
                                                                                                                Full Tilt Poker Support
                                                                                                                Originally posted by me
                                                                                                                I have to admit I'm very disappointed by this, I had made the choice to move to FTP in November when I was watching the High Stakes games featuring Isiludr1 and I registered my account so that I could use the chatbox. I didn't realise that there was a necessity to deposit within the 60 days, and I cant recall my affiliate telling me this either.

I am now available more frequently to play online, and as such, asked a friend to transfer me some money before I chose how much of my bankroll to move to FTP.

This will definitely affect my choice to play at Full Tilt, and I'm afraid I'm going to have to stick to other sites that I have an established rakeback connection with. I feel this 60 day limit is an unnecessary obligation to put on players, and it is quite disappointing as I had enjoyed the "Rush" game thus far. It is especially disappointing as I seem to have missed the limit by less than 10 days.

If there really is nothing you can do, I will have no other choice but to play elsewhere.

Thanks for your time.

regards

Emmet
                                                                                                                Hello Emmet,

Thank you for contacting Full Tilt Poker Support.

We are sorry that you?re having this issue. As we said, as per the affiliate agreement, if this condition is not met, then your account will be removed from the affiliate program. Unfortunately, we cannot reassign the affiliate to your account.

However, we are constantly releasing new bonuses for our loyal customers. Be sure to check your email regularly for your chance to earn some extra cash.

There are plenty of ways to get in on the action. Please visit: http://www.fulltiltpoker.com/promotions.php to view all of our exciting promotions.

If there's anything we can help you with, please don't hesitate to ask.

Regards,

Hai
                                                                                                                Full Tilt Poker Support

Comment

#57
                                                                                                                  Ho-hum, fair too many forums to keep up with now, and another one to try and get through my work filter!!

still, I like what you've done with the place
                                                                                                                  Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

#58
                                                                                                                    Farmville appreciation thread please.
                                                                                                                    Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

#59
                                                                                                                      Originally posted by ace View Post
                                                                                                                      i'm hopin the site will bring wit it some good luck - yet again in the se i manage to get it all in miles ahead and someone hits a 2/3 outer - i wouldn't mind losin if i have a set v flushdraw, ah well at least i last longer than jay
                                                                                                                      see that thing on the end of your sentence????

Stop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

#60
                                                                                                                        @ Lafortezza:

You staying on as a mod?

Not having a go by any means just wondering.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X