X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loopz
    replied
    Originally posted by R.McGee10 View Post
    tried in the local post office and they said they dont do paysafe cards?

you will find your local stockist here

Leave a comment:

• Angry-Ball
    replied
    Originally posted by davidadams View Post
    My name is David Adams and I am an amateur only playing for around 2 years now and hope to make it as a pro one day.
    should fit in quite well around here so.

anyhow:
    welcome to the forum, don't be afraid to stick up a few hands for comment, and take a gander over to the BBV you might like it (its not for poker you know)

Leave a comment:

• DAMO72
    replied
    Originally posted by davidadams View Post
    New to the site and didnt see anywhere to introduce myself so am doing it here.
    My name is David Adams and I am an amateur only playing for around 2 years now and hope to make it as a pro one day.
    Mainly an online player.
    Welcome to IPB , come in pull up a chair and enjoy .

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    New to the site and didnt see anywhere to introduce myself so am doing it here.
    Mainly an online player.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by michelle SatNav View Post
    they do paysafecards that you can buy in any post point , they are very handy!
    tried in the local post office and they said they dont do paysafe cards?

Leave a comment:

• badugi
    replied
    anyone know if pokerstars take laser card to top up an account?
    nope. the irish ipoker sites do.
    pokerstars will take ukash vouchers if you have no credit card. can get it in shops that have the pink or yellow printer top up unit!! same machine for phone credit topups.

Leave a comment:

• SatNav
    replied
    they do paysafecards that you can buy in any post point , they are very handy!

Leave a comment:

• MegaSin
    replied
    Doesn't look like it no,

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Leave a comment:

• dannyg
    replied
    Ok, I'll try to get some posts in (not very good at this mind) ! Anyhow i dont mind staking the odd player, see how it goes. If i wanted to be staked in future could i use poker prolabs to show my online results as i only play online ?

Leave a comment:

• Dice75
    replied
    Originally posted by dannyg View Post
    First timer on here. Was reading the thread about staking other players and may be interested. Do i have to be on the IPB for a certain length of time first ?
    Depends if u want to stake or be staked.
    Afaik there are no rules about giving stakes.
    There are rules in the sticky thread at the top of the staking section about recieving stakes (min 30 post/member 2 months etc.)

Leave a comment:

• dannyg
    replied
    First timer on here. Was reading the thread about staking other players and may be interested. Do i have to be on the IPB for a certain length of time first ?

Leave a comment:

• Keane
    replied
    Originally posted by MegaSin View Post
    Bit embarrassing, but I beat my first one the other day after so many crossbars
    I didn't say I beat them, I can just tell they're beatable

Leave a comment:

• MegaSin
    replied
    Originally posted by Keane View Post
    180 man 2.20 turbos on stars are beatable.
    Bit embarrassing, but I beat my first one the other day after so many crossbars

Leave a comment:

• Keane
    replied
    BBV stands for Brags, Beats & Variance IMO.

Leave a comment:

• Kayroo
    replied
    Originally posted by butter View Post
    could someone please tell me what and where is BBV , thank you
    BBV stands for Bad Beats/Venting and Moaning Thread (not the best acronym to be fair) and is the enormous and ever growing off-topic thread at the heart of the IPB Community.

The topics are varied and the general discourse can rage wildly from deep political discussions to "Lol, you're sporting team sucks while mine remains supreme" type discussions to the ever popular post-watershed MichelleSatNav says dirty things to strangers themed evenings Friday-Sunday after 11pm.

It can be found as the top sticky in the General Poker section of IPB and is always the most active thread on the site over any 24 hour period so should almost always be in the "Top Threads" section of the front page.

Leave a comment:

• Flushdraw
    replied
    Originally posted by butter View Post
    It's the Bad Beat/Moan/Vent thread.

Started off as somewhere to put all the beats and brags etc, and has evolved into a combination of wiki and google. If you need a question answered, go there. If you want to post some pics of sexy women, go there. If you want to post youtobe vids, go there. It's just an off-thread with well over 100k posts

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Leave a comment:

• Keane
    replied
    180 man 2.20 turbos on stars are beatable.

Leave a comment:

• riveredagain91
    replied
    Winning at small stakes

i have being playing poker for about 18 months now just started off as an recreational player on small stakes and prob donked away a few quid at the start while getting to grips with online poker, i didnt take bankroll mangement seriously till prob last autum cause i donked away bout 50 quid on ppp, so i studied a few training videos esp on bankroll mangement, and deposited 20 dollars on ppp and stuck to playing small stakes mtts, because im better at them den sit n goe and cash, so far my bankroll is at 250 dollars so ive had a good retturn on investment from my $20 deposite in sept 2010, but i also play on full tilt and im finding it tougher there, i deposited $80 around the middle of nov 2010 but find it a struggle there im down to $40 atm, i mostly play mtts there as well, so i would just like to know from guys playing small stakes if they are beating there level and what games do they find most profitable (cash, mtts, sngs)?

Leave a comment:

• Keane
    replied
    Most of the training sites have some free vids to get you started, but you generally have to subscribe to get all their best stuff.

Some of them do free week long trials though, for example I know leggo poker does.

Leave a comment:

• riveredagain91
    replied
    So whats the best free poker training sites?, ive done the full tilt training videos and paddypower and found them quite good.

Leave a comment:

• Keane
    replied
    Originally posted by riveredagain91 View Post
    Yes i have done the tutorials videos ona number of sites and found they helped my game alot particularly in bank roll management etc, so was just wondering if any particular book would help me further as well?
    The overwhelming consensus seems to be that the training sites >>>>>>> any of the books.

So basically your money would be better spent on a sub.

Leave a comment:

• riveredagain91
    replied
    Books

Yes i have done the tutorials videos ona number of sites and found they helped my game alot particularly in bank roll management etc, so was just wondering if any particular book would help me further as well?

Leave a comment:

• tipp86
    replied
    Originally posted by A_CitizenErased View Post
    Wouldnt class myself as an expert. But im sure someone on here was looking to sell a load of them. Also, ebay and amazon have a rake of them.

I recommend Dan Harringtons books along with Super System. They will help your game a lot.
    To be fair there 2 good recommendations. Join a training site it would probably be more beneficial than a book

Leave a comment:

• A_CitizenErased
    replied
    Originally posted by riveredagain91 View Post
    Could some of the experts here tell me where i can get good poker books, ive looked ina few book shops but had no luck, thanx.
    Wouldnt class myself as an expert. But im sure someone on here was looking to sell a load of them. Also, ebay and amazon have a rake of them.

I recommend Dan Harringtons books along with Super System. They will help your game a lot.

Leave a comment:

• tipp86
    replied
    Originally posted by ojay View Post
    Looking to be pointed in the right direction to get someone to run a fundraising poker tourney in my gaa club, would rather pay someone a registration per player as opposed to a fee for the night, any help appreciated....
    Throw out your location that might help?

Leave a comment:

• riveredagain91
    replied
    Good Poker books

Could some of the experts here tell me where i can get good poker books, ive looked ina few book shops but had no luck, thanx.

Leave a comment:

• ojay
    replied
    Help Reqd

Looking to be pointed in the right direction to get someone to run a fundraising poker tourney in my gaa club, would rather pay someone a registration per player as opposed to a fee for the night, any help appreciated....

Leave a comment:

• Dave03
    replied
    Originally posted by Tilt Gone View Post
    Your prob widening your calling range too much when calling the shortstacks late on. What I mean is, could you give us some examples of hands the shortstacks were shoving with and the cards you were calling with? (and be honest ) <Maybe stack sizes in relation to the cards might give us a clue also. Just a thought...
    Shortstacks are shoving with any pocket pair and pretty much any Ax or Kx.

Say big stack <4500 and small stack about 1000 with blinds 200-400.

All this pre flop so unless i've a pocket pair or some high face cards....

Leave a comment:

• Tilt Gone
    replied
    Originally posted by Dave03 View Post
    Hey new enough to playing SnG and small MTT tournaments, a problem i have is leaking chips towards the end. I'll usually have a reasonable stack but once the short stacks start shoving and a blinds going up this changes!

Any tips on how to close out the game?
    Your prob widening your calling range too much when calling the shortstacks late on. What I mean is, could you give us some examples of hands the shortstacks were shoving with and the cards you were calling with? (and be honest ) <Maybe stack sizes in relation to the cards might give us a clue also. Just a thought...
    Last edited by Tilt Gone; 03-02-11, 17:31.

Leave a comment:

• Keane
    replied
    Originally posted by Dave03 View Post
    Hey new enough to playing SnG and small MTT tournaments, a problem i have is leaking chips towards the end. I'll usually have a reasonable stack but once the short stacks start shoving and a blinds going up this changes!

Be super-aggressive.

Leave a comment:

• Dave03
    replied

Leave a comment:

• aniceboy
    replied
    that is helpful thanks

Leave a comment:

• johnd123
    replied
    wow caf, i often misclick their badges and get stuck going to the pages...thanks for the help on that!

Leave a comment:

• Caf
    replied
    Just thought I would post this here because it has tilted me in the past and probably would be tilting others atm.

On FTP, you can click on another player's badge at the table and it brings you to an internet page automatically, very annoying imo and I just found out how to stop it.

Options>Badge Display Options>Display badges without links.

HAPPY DAYS!

Leave a comment:

• AndyFatBastard
    replied
    Originally posted by Kwisatz View Post
    Thanks guys I appreciate it. I am going to dip my toe at first so I will be playing micro stakes SnG and MTT games and also maybe similar level cash games too.....at least until I build a bit of a bank roll.

Thanks again
    One thing that's vitally important is to follow a proper bankroll management strategy. There's loads of good information online about it, but for micro S&Gs I would recommend always having ~30 buyins for the level you're playing. I got started with $100 on Stars playing $3 18-man S&Gs. I moved up to the $6 ones at $200 and grinded that up to nearly $800.

Leave a comment:

• Kwisatz
    replied
    Thanks guys I appreciate it. I am going to dip my toe at first so I will be playing micro stakes SnG and MTT games and also maybe similar level cash games too.....at least until I build a bit of a bank roll.

Thanks again

Leave a comment:

• Keane
    replied
    Posting hands you've played and seeking feedback is really really important IMO.

Leave a comment:

• Teddie
    replied
    1.) I am on pokerstars right now.....are there any softer or easier sites for my type of entry level playing. It seems stars gets alot of traffic but it might not be the best for actually making a profit

Lots of softer sites with rakeback too. What limits are you playing? If it's micro stakes the best way is to build up your roll using kick back bonuses. http://www.kickbackbonus.com/kickbac...ack-Bonus-List

2.) I am planning on re-reading phil gordon's little green book and harrington on poker and have ordered colin mosshmans book online.....are there any other reading materials you might recommend.

Haven't read Phil gordons book but I haven't heard good things about it. No Limit Holdem Theory and Practice by David Sklanksy is probably the best, also Theory of poker by him is excellent as wel but more advanced so you can wait a while until you get it.

The best thing is to signed up to 2+2 forums and read all threads in here

uNL has had a lot of good, solid discussion in the last two years. We compiled a list of the best threads for you so there is less work for you, the us

It will give you more information then any book.

3.) Which is the best poker HUD....poker tracker or holdem manager....I have never used anything like this and am a bit of a techno-phobe so the most user friendly would have an advantage

Holdem manager. Takes a bit of effort to get it running but then it's easy enough.

4.) What type of desktop would be best for running these programs....I dont mean make but rather the RAM or operating speed/capacity. Or is any bog standard desktop grand.

5.) I plan on trying to play for 1 - 2 hours a night/day ........ is that enough to get good or does it require all night gringing.....eventually I want to make enough to give up the day job (everyone has to dream) so would that amount of time let me get there

The more hands you play, the more you will improve. Playing just wont do it though, reading threads and HH's will be a huge help as well.

Leave a comment:

• shano_88
    replied
    Originally posted by Kwisatz View Post
    Hi all,

I have been playing poker for about 4 years now but only for fun and as a means of passing the time.

Previously I would have said that I had a fairly good understanding of the game although I have read some of the conversations on here and realise that I certainly don't have the same grasp and depth of understanding as alot of you seem to. I think this will be a great place to learn!

For a number of reasons my ability to actually play poker in the last couple of years was curtailed and I would like to remedy that now. In particular I want to try to focus on online poker as it seems that this is where alot of profit can be made with less effort than live play, particularly as I have a full time day job.

As my current laptop is a piece of s*** I am going to get a desktop and intend downloading a poker HUD, pokerstove etc and seeing how these work for me..........the questions I have are

1.) I am on pokerstars right now.....are there any softer or easier sites for my type of entry level playing. It seems stars gets alot of traffic but it might not be the best for actually making a profit

Depends on what your playing really. If your playing cash, you would probably be better off playing elsewhere where you can get rakeback
    2.) I am planning on re-reading phil gordon's little green book and harrington on poker and have ordered colin mosshmans book online.....are there any other reading materials you might recommend.
    I have never read a book and learned most of what I know from playing and reading forums such as here, the old poker forum on boards.ie and two plus two.
    3.) Which is the best poker HUD....poker tracker or holdem manager....I have never used anything like this and am a bit of a techno-phobe so the most user friendly would have an advantage
    I have pokertracker and its very easy to use. Holdem manager is considered better but I doubt it will make much of a difference
    4.) What type of desktop would be best for running these programs....I dont mean make but rather the RAM or operating speed/capacity. Or is any bog standard desktop grand.
    My desktop is nearly 6 years old and fairly bog standard and I rarely have a problem playing 6 tables.
    5.) I plan on trying to play for 1 - 2 hours a night/day ........ is that enough to get good or does it require all night gringing.....eventually I want to make enough to give up the day job (everyone has to dream) so would that amount of time let me get there
    no comment
    Any help would be greatly appreciated

Leave a comment:

• Kwisatz
    replied
    Some Basic Questions

Hi all,

I have been playing poker for about 4 years now but only for fun and as a means of passing the time.

Previously I would have said that I had a fairly good understanding of the game although I have read some of the conversations on here and realise that I certainly don't have the same grasp and depth of understanding as alot of you seem to. I think this will be a great place to learn!

For a number of reasons my ability to actually play poker in the last couple of years was curtailed and I would like to remedy that now. In particular I want to try to focus on online poker as it seems that this is where alot of profit can be made with less effort than live play, particularly as I have a full time day job.

As my current laptop is a piece of s*** I am going to get a desktop and intend downloading a poker HUD, pokerstove etc and seeing how these work for me..........the questions I have are

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Leave a comment:

• Megatron
    replied
    Originally posted by Theycall me GINNIE View Post
    Sorry Cieran but thats bull, ive often had 100s transfered from friend a friend, as long as i play a certain amount of cash on it
    A nominal amount of play will get it approved

Leave a comment:

• Theycall me GINNIE
    replied
    Originally posted by Ciaran_Corbett View Post
    We generally do it on a case by case basis tbh.

A nominal amount of play will get it approved but playing one $10 Double up from a €200 transfer wont be passed.
    Sorry Cieran but thats bull, ive often had 100s transfered from friend a friend, as long as i play a certain amount of cash on it

Leave a comment:

• Megatron
    replied
    Originally posted by Keane View Post
    What is the story with this Ciaran, how much do you have to play for the monsy to be fully "yours"?
    We generally do it on a case by case basis tbh.

A nominal amount of play will get it approved but playing one $10 Double up from a €200 transfer wont be passed.

Leave a comment:

• Keane
    replied
    You wont be able to withdraw a Player to Player transfer directly.

Its considered money laundering.
    What is the story with this Ciaran, how much do you have to play for the monsy to be fully "yours"?

Leave a comment:

• Theycall me GINNIE
    replied
    Originally posted by DAMO72 View Post
    Would be best to give him what he wants Ciaran ,

You dont want him starving himself again
    Very funny damo, wouldnt say ud last an hour without eating

Leave a comment:

• DAMO72
    replied
    Would be best to give him what he wants Ciaran ,

You dont want him starving himself again

Leave a comment:

• Theycall me GINNIE
    replied

Well obviously ciaran i would play a few games on boyles begore hand

Leave a comment:

• Megatron
    replied
    Originally posted by Theycall me GINNIE View Post
    Hi guys do you know if there can be a swap from players done and if so do you know anyone. I want to swap 1,66 dolls for boyles so i can withdraw obv the money will be sent first

Leave a comment:

• Theycall me GINNIE
    replied
    Hi guys do you know if there can be a swap from players done and if so do you know anyone. I want to swap 1,66 dolls for boyles so i can withdraw obv the money will be sent first

Leave a comment:

• AndyFatBastard
    replied
    Originally posted by MrWynn View Post
    Anyone any tips on the best way to learn to play poker properly?
    Play a lot - especially different kinds of games. Play tourneys, cash and sit&gos.

Study a lot - read books, read theory sections on forums, watch training videos.

Leave a comment:

• A_CitizenErased
    replied
    Do you know what hands are best?
    Do you know the basics of texas holdem?
    Need a bit more info if we are gonna help ya.

Leave a comment:

• Dice75
    replied
    Maybe u should put up a bit of your poker background so far for people to be able to give u better advice.

Leave a comment:

• MrWynn
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MegaSin
    replied
    Originally posted by Caf View Post
    Is it flopturnriver you are trying to use?

I've only had that problem with mixed game mtt hands.

~Probably stupid of me to ask have you sopied the entire hh, so I won't ask.
    Yeah it was FTR, but using the dueces cracked one now and all seems to be fine.

Was copying the entrie thing as well. No idea what was happening.

Leave a comment:

• 6starpool
    replied
    Expect anything between 20-40 for the fitz game (from ooking at their tournie resuts online for numbers). No idea about the rest I;m afraid.

Leave a comment:

• merkum wallop
    replied
    dublin poker tonight (sat)

In Dublin tonight looking to play poker. Anyone online now know a bit about Dublin poker clubs buy ins and rough no.s tonight (sat), I have looked up a bit and know below,any other info would be great, cheers.

Club Buy in No.s
    Fitzwilliam 120
    Sporting Emporium 70
    Jackpot
    Cellbridge

Leave a comment:

• Caf
    replied
    Originally posted by MegaSin View Post
    Just a QQ

When trying to convert a PS hand I am always getting this now
    Is it flopturnriver you are trying to use?

I've only had that problem with mixed game mtt hands.

~Probably stupid of me to ask have you sopied the entire hh, so I won't ask.

Leave a comment:

• MegaSin
    replied
    Just a QQ

When trying to convert a PS hand I am always getting this now

Error: Failed to parse game header

Leave a comment:

Working...
X