No announcement yet.

Site upgrade work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6starpool You probably already came across this or similar regarding the avatar issue but ill post it anyway in case it shines any light.
    https://forum.vbulletin.com/forum/vb...4-1-6-to-4-1-9
    Last edited by rounders123; 21-05-20, 19:56.

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post
      While discussion about "things we had before and don't now" is fine, and I will try to get to those things if there is a way to change/fix them, can anyone tell me if they are still seeing server errors, page not displayed type errors and the likes? There was a problem with www.irishpokerboards.com not loading but www.irishpokerboards.com/forum working, but I hope that is fixed now also. It's probably what caused some to get redirected briefly to the test site too.

If anyone has a problem like this, please post details here of the problematic URL, other details, etc.
      yeah all of these working fine now for me

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
        6starpool You probably already came across this or similar regarding the avatar issue but ill post it anyway in case it shines any light.
        https://forum.vbulletin.com/forum/vb...4-1-6-to-4-1-9
        Ya, I've been looking there. We're on version 5.6.1 now, which is totally different from that. All the things I've looked at suggest it should be working but it isn't. I'll figure it out at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post

yeah all of these working fine now for me
          That was the main thing I was trying to fix, so at least that's good then.

Comment

Hey Dom, getting pop up errors when trying to navigate to a different page in the BBV.

Also got one when I tried to like a post.

I took screenshots.

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
            This gallery has 2 photos.
            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Gah. I was getting those earlier, but thought they were fixed.

Comment

Well done on the favicon.ico

Comment

Avatars fixed now too. People will have to upload again for it to work.

Comment

Bravo Dom, coming together nicely. Painful but well worth doing.
                    "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

I can change font and font size under UserProfile->Customise My Style-> Text and the changes are reflected there but not here
                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Avatars fixed now too. People will have to upload again for it to work.
                        good man Dom
                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Hello This is a test, Dom is just jealous of frontline workers and now wants all of IPB to stand outside on a Tuesday and clap for him!!

Classic View Please i am now old and do not like change... you young people dont get it with your ticToks and things!!

joking aside.... looks like a lot of effort went into this Dom well done and thanks, Any new cool things we can do with it???

Comment

I approve. Although it seems now that 3 star generals cant have their status showing?.
                            My own 'Norf Dablin' status isn't showing and i've noticed similar with other lesser downs. Is there anything you can do in the town hall?.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

The 'Todays Posts' button seems to get stuck for me. At the moment it's showing Collie at 8am as the last post made on the BBV.

Also any possibility of a site-wide fix to old posts with Tables in them. Threads like RD3s Cheltenham Comps, and the MultiSport Comps have all been gamaroooshed.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                  The 'Todays Posts' button seems to get stuck for me. At the moment it's showing Collie at 8am as the last post made on the BBV.

Also any possibility of a site-wide fix to old posts with Tables in them. Threads like RD3s Cheltenham Comps, and the MultiSport Comps have all been gamaroooshed.
                                  Point 1 is a weird caching problem that I'm trying to see if there is a way to fix.
                                  Point 2 is very unlikely to get retrofixed I'm afraid. How things work in VB3 and in VB5 is very different in a lot of way. It's total rewrite I believe, rather than incremental change.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                    This is some upgrade 6star! Thank you.

Two perhaps controversial suggestions:

1. Could the full range of smilies be unlocked?

2. Could the upload size for photos be adjusted up from 2mb - the new mobile interface allows you to take photos direct from your phone, but then they can't be uploaded as the regular phone photo is more than 2mb. Maybe there's a cost / storage issue with that, not sure.
                                    1. What do you mean by 'the full range of smilies'? If you want specific ones let me know and I can add them.
                                    2. I have tweaked the settings, but don't want to make it too big either. See if you are still having problems.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Dom, good work overall - thanks.

Comment

The Search function in each forum doesnt seem to work, just FYI

Comment

There doesnt seem to be a 'strikethrough' in the palette. .

Comment

There isn't

There is now

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post
                                                The Search function in each forum doesnt seem to work, just FYI
                                                Really? I'll try and have a look tomorrow. I haven't searched for anything yet.

Comment

I can post tables
                                                  Sport Event 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th shrapnel mdoug Flushdraw mcnugget armaniJeans Strewelpeter pokerhand
                                                  Tennis Aussie Mens 4 2 1 1 Djokovic 4 Djokovic 4 Djokovic 4 Djokovic 4 Djokovic 4 Djokovic 4 Djokovic 4
                                                  NFL Superbowl 4 2 49ers 2 Ravens 0 Chiefs 4 Ravens 0 Ravens 0 Chiefs 4 Ravens 0
                                                  Horse Gold Cup 4 2 1 Kemboy 0 Al Boum Photo 4 Santini 2 Al Boum Photo 4 Kemboy 0 Al Boum Photo 4 Al Boum Photo 4
                                                  6 8 10 8 4 12 8
                                                  …
                                                  Sport Event 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6starpool RichieM premierstone luckforsome Lao Lao limpwhacker
                                                  Tennis Aussie Mens 4 2 1 1 Djokovic 4 Djokovic 4 Djokovic 4 Djokovic 4 Medvedev 0 Djokovic 4
                                                  NFL Superbowl 4 2 Ravens 0 Ravens 0 Ravens 0 Ravens 0 49ers 2 Ravens 0
                                                  Horse Gold Cup 4 2 1 LostInTranslation 1 Al Boum Photo 4 Delta Work 0 Al Boum Photo 4 Al Boum Photo 4 Presenting Percy 0
                                                  5 8 4 8 6 4

but if I try to put the above within spoiler tags it gets fucked up.

SPOILER
                                                  Sport Event 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6starpool RichieM premierstone luckforsome Lao Lao limpwhacker
                                                  Tennis Aussie Mens 4 2 1 1 Djokovic 4 Djokovic 4 Djokovic 4 Djokovic 4 Medvedev 0 Djokovic 4
                                                  NFL Superbowl 4 2 Ravens 0 Ravens 0 Ravens 0 Ravens 0 49ers 2 Ravens 0
                                                  Horse Gold Cup 4 2 1 LostInTranslation 1 Al Boum Photo 4 Delta Work 0 Al Boum Photo 4 Al Boum Photo 4 Presenting Percy 0
                                                  5 8 4 8 6 4

Comment

Keep getting this message when trying to go in certain threads from my notification page. In this case was trying to access the multisport thread, but it's happened a few times before also
                                                    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                                                    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Really? I'll try and have a look tomorrow. I haven't searched for anything yet.
                                                      If only searches what’s come in since the new update it seems

Comment

I've been getting errors every time I try to go to the next page on a thread. Also can't thank posts. The Like button is there for me, but I get an error.

Was actually just the BBV. Closed the tab and reopened it and it's working again.
                                                        Last edited by KK82; 31-05-20, 15:13.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post

If only searches what’s come in since the new update it seems
                                                          I'm rebuilding the search index, which in theory should fix this, although I'm fairly sure I did this after the upgrade too so it might not work. I'll post here after it says it is finished anyways, but it'll take a while.

Comment

Search in threads should now work properly for all posts I think. If anyone spots problems, let me know.

Comment

Search in threads should now work properly for all posts I think. If anyone spots problems, let me know.
                                                              Still not working, try searching "km" in the running thread for example.

Comment

No one cares about running though!

Comment

Any chance there's like a three character lower limit or something?

Comment

You can't send the same exact pm to two different people within five minutes. It made it quite awkward to send the villagers their message in the werewolf game.
                                                                    'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                      Any chance there's like a three character lower limit or something?
                                                                      Ya, there is definitely a 3 character minimum. I'm not sure why it doesn't tell you that though. I searched that thread for 10km and it returns results.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Getting a lot of errors at the moment Dom? Don’t have the privileges to read the running thread etc.

Comment

Working...
                                                                          X