Banner Ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Site upgrade work

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #61
    I assume the cousins forum was hidden on the old site, heard plenty about it but it wasn't visible to me. But I can clearly see it now so maybe it's inadvertently been made public?

    Comment


      #62
      Originally posted by mcnugget View Post
      I assume the cousins forum was hidden on the old site, heard plenty about it but it wasn't visible to me. But I can clearly see it now so maybe it's inadvertently been made public?
      Not quite public, but available to more as I wasn't doing it by individuals. Basically anyone over a small number of posts and registered a certain length can see it now.

      If anyone doesn't want to see it send me a pm.

      Comment


        #63
        6starpool You probably already came across this or similar regarding the avatar issue but ill post it anyway in case it shines any light.
        https://forum.vbulletin.com/forum/vb...4-1-6-to-4-1-9
        Last edited by rounders123; 21-05-20, 19:56.

        Comment


          #64
          Originally posted by 6starpool View Post
          While discussion about "things we had before and don't now" is fine, and I will try to get to those things if there is a way to change/fix them, can anyone tell me if they are still seeing server errors, page not displayed type errors and the likes? There was a problem with www.irishpokerboards.com not loading but www.irishpokerboards.com/forum working, but I hope that is fixed now also. It's probably what caused some to get redirected briefly to the test site too.

          If anyone has a problem like this, please post details here of the problematic URL, other details, etc.
          yeah all of these working fine now for me

          Comment


            #65
            Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
            6starpool You probably already came across this or similar regarding the avatar issue but ill post it anyway in case it shines any light.
            https://forum.vbulletin.com/forum/vb...4-1-6-to-4-1-9
            Ya, I've been looking there. We're on version 5.6.1 now, which is totally different from that. All the things I've looked at suggest it should be working but it isn't. I'll figure it out at some point.

            Comment


              #66
              Originally posted by Emmet View Post

              yeah all of these working fine now for me
              That was the main thing I was trying to fix, so at least that's good then.

              Comment


                #67
                Hey Dom, getting pop up errors when trying to navigate to a different page in the BBV.

                Also got one when I tried to like a post.

                I took screenshots.

                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

                Comment


                  #68
                  Gah. I was getting those earlier, but thought they were fixed.

                  Comment


                    #69
                    Well done on the favicon.ico

                    Comment


                      #70
                      Avatars fixed now too. People will have to upload again for it to work.

                      Comment


                        #71
                        Bravo Dom, coming together nicely. Painful but well worth doing.
                        "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

                        Comment


                          #72
                          I can change font and font size under UserProfile->Customise My Style-> Text and the changes are reflected there but not here
                          Turning millions into thousands

                          Comment


                            #73
                            Originally posted by 6starpool View Post
                            Avatars fixed now too. People will have to upload again for it to work.
                            good man Dom
                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

                            Comment


                              #74
                              Hello This is a test, Dom is just jealous of frontline workers and now wants all of IPB to stand outside on a Tuesday and clap for him!!

                              Classic View Please i am now old and do not like change... you young people dont get it with your ticToks and things!!

                              joking aside.... looks like a lot of effort went into this Dom well done and thanks, Any new cool things we can do with it???

                              Comment


                                #75
                                I approve. Although it seems now that 3 star generals cant have their status showing?.
                                My own 'Norf Dablin' status isn't showing and i've noticed similar with other lesser downs. Is there anything you can do in the town hall?.

                                Comment


                                  #76
                                  This is some upgrade 6star! Thank you.


                                  Two perhaps controversial suggestions:

                                  1. Could the full range of smilies be unlocked?

                                  2. Could the upload size for photos be adjusted up from 2mb - the new mobile interface allows you to take photos direct from your phone, but then they can't be uploaded as the regular phone photo is more than 2mb. Maybe there's a cost / storage issue with that, not sure.
                                  "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                  Comment


                                    #77
                                    The 'Todays Posts' button seems to get stuck for me. At the moment it's showing Collie at 8am as the last post made on the BBV.

                                    Also any possibility of a site-wide fix to old posts with Tables in them. Threads like RD3s Cheltenham Comps, and the MultiSport Comps have all been gamaroooshed.

                                    Comment


                                      #78
                                      Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                      The 'Todays Posts' button seems to get stuck for me. At the moment it's showing Collie at 8am as the last post made on the BBV.

                                      Also any possibility of a site-wide fix to old posts with Tables in them. Threads like RD3s Cheltenham Comps, and the MultiSport Comps have all been gamaroooshed.
                                      Point 1 is a weird caching problem that I'm trying to see if there is a way to fix.
                                      Point 2 is very unlikely to get retrofixed I'm afraid. How things work in VB3 and in VB5 is very different in a lot of way. It's total rewrite I believe, rather than incremental change.

                                      Comment


                                        #79
                                        Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                        This is some upgrade 6star! Thank you.


                                        Two perhaps controversial suggestions:

                                        1. Could the full range of smilies be unlocked?

                                        2. Could the upload size for photos be adjusted up from 2mb - the new mobile interface allows you to take photos direct from your phone, but then they can't be uploaded as the regular phone photo is more than 2mb. Maybe there's a cost / storage issue with that, not sure.
                                        1. What do you mean by 'the full range of smilies'? If you want specific ones let me know and I can add them.
                                        2. I have tweaked the settings, but don't want to make it too big either. See if you are still having problems.

                                        Comment


                                          #80
                                          Originally posted by 6starpool View Post

                                          1. What do you mean by 'the full range of smilies'? If you want specific ones let me know and I can add them.
                                          2. I have tweaked the settings, but don't want to make it too big either. See if you are still having problems.
                                          Thanks I'll give it the camera thing a go! Re emojis - ah I don't really use them much, but I just thought there might be a standard menu of emojis that could be clicked to be made available. Just to give a range of communication options
                                          "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

                                          Comment


                                            #81
                                            Dom, good work overall - thanks.

                                            Comment


                                              #82
                                              The Search function in each forum doesnt seem to work, just FYI

                                              Comment


                                                #83
                                                There doesnt seem to be a 'strikethrough' in the palette. .

                                                Comment


                                                  #84
                                                  There isn't

                                                  There is now

                                                  Comment


                                                    #85
                                                    Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post
                                                    The Search function in each forum doesnt seem to work, just FYI
                                                    Really? I'll try and have a look tomorrow. I haven't searched for anything yet.

                                                    Comment


                                                      #86
                                                      I can post tables
                                                      Sport Event 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th shrapnel mdoug Flushdraw mcnugget armaniJeans Strewelpeter pokerhand
                                                      Tennis Aussie Mens 4 2 1 1 Djokovic 4 Djokovic 4 Djokovic 4 Djokovic 4 Djokovic 4 Djokovic 4 Djokovic 4
                                                      NFL Superbowl 4 2 49ers 2 Ravens 0 Chiefs 4 Ravens 0 Ravens 0 Chiefs 4 Ravens 0
                                                      Horse Gold Cup 4 2 1 Kemboy 0 Al Boum Photo 4 Santini 2 Al Boum Photo 4 Kemboy 0 Al Boum Photo 4 Al Boum Photo 4
                                                      6 8 10 8 4 12 8
                                                      Sport Event 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6starpool RichieM premierstone luckforsome Lao Lao limpwhacker
                                                      Tennis Aussie Mens 4 2 1 1 Djokovic 4 Djokovic 4 Djokovic 4 Djokovic 4 Medvedev 0 Djokovic 4
                                                      NFL Superbowl 4 2 Ravens 0 Ravens 0 Ravens 0 Ravens 0 49ers 2 Ravens 0
                                                      Horse Gold Cup 4 2 1 LostInTranslation 1 Al Boum Photo 4 Delta Work 0 Al Boum Photo 4 Al Boum Photo 4 Presenting Percy 0
                                                      5 8 4 8 6 4

                                                      but if I try to put the above within spoiler tags it gets fucked up.

                                                      SPOILER [TABLE="border: 1, cellspacing: 0"]
                                                      [TR]
                                                      [TD="width: 86"]Sport[/TD]
                                                      [TD="width: 86"]Event[/TD]
                                                      [TD="width: 28"]1st[/TD]
                                                      [TD="width: 29"]2nd[/TD]
                                                      [TD="width: 29"]3rd[/TD]
                                                      [TD="width: 24"]4th[/TD]
                                                      [TD="width: 24"]5th[/TD]
                                                      [TD="width: 109"][B]6starpool[/B][/TD]
                                                      [TD="width: 23"] [/TD]
                                                      [TD="width: 86"][B]RichieM[/B][/TD]
                                                      [TD="width: 22"] [/TD]
                                                      [TD="width: 86"][B]premierstone[/B][/TD]
                                                      [TD="width: 21"] [/TD]
                                                      [TD="width: 86"][B]luckforsome[/B][/TD]
                                                      [TD="width: 19"] [/TD]
                                                      [TD="width: 86"][B]Lao Lao[/B][/TD]
                                                      [TD="width: 18"] [/TD]
                                                      [TD="width: 86"][B]limpwhacker[/B][/TD]
                                                      [TD="width: 21"] [/TD]
                                                      [/TR]
                                                      [TR]
                                                      [TD]Tennis[/TD]
                                                      [TD]Aussie Mens[/TD]
                                                      [TD]4[/TD]
                                                      [TD]2[/TD]
                                                      [TD]1[/TD]
                                                      [TD]1[/TD]
                                                      [TD] [/TD]
                                                      [TD]Djokovic[/TD]
                                                      [TD]4[/TD]
                                                      [TD]Djokovic[/TD]
                                                      [TD]4[/TD]
                                                      [TD]Djokovic[/TD]
                                                      [TD]4[/TD]
                                                      [TD]Djokovic[/TD]
                                                      [TD]4[/TD]
                                                      [TD]Medvedev[/TD]
                                                      [TD]0[/TD]
                                                      [TD]Djokovic[/TD]
                                                      [TD]4[/TD]
                                                      [/TR]
                                                      [TR]
                                                      [TD]NFL[/TD]
                                                      [TD]Superbowl[/TD]
                                                      [TD]4[/TD]
                                                      [TD]2[/TD]
                                                      [TD] [/TD]
                                                      [TD] [/TD]
                                                      [TD] [/TD]
                                                      [TD]Ravens[/TD]
                                                      [TD]0[/TD]
                                                      [TD]Ravens[/TD]
                                                      [TD]0[/TD]
                                                      [TD]Ravens[/TD]
                                                      [TD]0[/TD]
                                                      [TD]Ravens[/TD]
                                                      [TD]0[/TD]
                                                      [TD]49ers[/TD]
                                                      [TD]2[/TD]
                                                      [TD]Ravens[/TD]
                                                      [TD]0[/TD]
                                                      [/TR]
                                                      [TR]
                                                      [TD]Horse[/TD]
                                                      [TD]Gold Cup[/TD]
                                                      [TD]4[/TD]
                                                      [TD]2[/TD]
                                                      [TD]1[/TD]
                                                      [TD] [/TD]
                                                      [TD] [/TD]
                                                      [TD]LostInTranslation[/TD]
                                                      [TD]1[/TD]
                                                      [TD]Al Boum Photo[/TD]
                                                      [TD]4[/TD]
                                                      [TD]Delta Work[/TD]
                                                      [TD]0[/TD]
                                                      [TD]Al Boum Photo[/TD]
                                                      [TD]4[/TD]
                                                      [TD]Al Boum Photo[/TD]
                                                      [TD]4[/TD]
                                                      [TD]Presenting Percy[/TD]
                                                      [TD]0[/TD]
                                                      [/TR]
                                                      [TR]
                                                      [TD] [/TD]
                                                      [TD] [/TD]
                                                      [TD] [/TD]
                                                      [TD] [/TD]
                                                      [TD] [/TD]
                                                      [TD] [/TD]
                                                      [TD] [/TD]
                                                      [TD] [/TD]
                                                      [TD]5[/TD]
                                                      [TD] [/TD]
                                                      [TD]8[/TD]
                                                      [TD] [/TD]
                                                      [TD]4[/TD]
                                                      [TD] [/TD]
                                                      [TD]8[/TD]
                                                      [TD] [/TD]
                                                      [TD]6[/TD]
                                                      [TD] [/TD]
                                                      [TD]4[/TD]
                                                      [/TR]
                                                      [/TABLE]





                                                      Comment


                                                        #87
                                                        Keep getting this message when trying to go in certain threads from my notification page. In this case was trying to access the multisport thread, but it's happened a few times before also

                                                        Comment


                                                          #88
                                                          Originally posted by 6starpool View Post

                                                          Really? I'll try and have a look tomorrow. I haven't searched for anything yet.
                                                          If only searches what’s come in since the new update it seems

                                                          Comment


                                                            #89
                                                            I've been getting errors every time I try to go to the next page on a thread. Also can't thank posts. The Like button is there for me, but I get an error.

                                                            Was actually just the BBV. Closed the tab and reopened it and it's working again.
                                                            Last edited by KK82; 31-05-20, 15:13.

                                                            Comment


                                                              #90
                                                              Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post

                                                              If only searches what’s come in since the new update it seems
                                                              I'm rebuilding the search index, which in theory should fix this, although I'm fairly sure I did this after the upgrade too so it might not work. I'll post here after it says it is finished anyways, but it'll take a while.

                                                              Comment


                                                                #91
                                                                Search in threads should now work properly for all posts I think. If anyone spots problems, let me know.

                                                                Comment


                                                                  #92
                                                                  Originally posted by 6starpool View Post
                                                                  Search in threads should now work properly for all posts I think. If anyone spots problems, let me know.
                                                                  Still not working, try searching "km" in the running thread for example.

                                                                  Comment


                                                                    #93
                                                                    No one cares about running though!

                                                                    Comment


                                                                      #94
                                                                      Any chance there's like a three character lower limit or something?

                                                                      Comment


                                                                        #95
                                                                        You can't send the same exact pm to two different people within five minutes. It made it quite awkward to send the villagers their message in the werewolf game.
                                                                        'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

                                                                        Comment


                                                                          #96
                                                                          Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                          Any chance there's like a three character lower limit or something?
                                                                          Ya, there is definitely a 3 character minimum. I'm not sure why it doesn't tell you that though. I searched that thread for 10km and it returns results.

                                                                          Comment


                                                                            #97
                                                                            Thanks

                                                                            Comment


                                                                              #98
                                                                              Getting a lot of errors at the moment Dom? Don’t have the privileges to read the running thread etc.

                                                                              Comment

                                                                              Working...
                                                                              X