X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

Were they playing at 9am
    Dunno. Was looking at some update link. Could be wrong. Thought I read earlier that 256 were paid and there's only 250 left now.

unless I was looking at the completely wrong updates which is likely

Comment

Accepted new job offer today. Job hunt not as painful as accepted, 3 weeks in total. Hybrid working available, no uplift though, but I suppose that's to be expected in the public sector.
      Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post

Dunno. Was looking at some update link. Could be wrong. Thought I read earlier that 256 were paid and there's only 250 left now.

unless I was looking at the completely wrong updates which is likely
        175 paid i think when i looked, probably back at 5pm or 6pm our time id imagine

Comment

Anyone playing the APAT thing on Saturday 18th?

Comment

Probably will play on the Friday

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
              I’ll play the Fri or Sat, I’m not sure which Day 1 yet.

Bubbled a seat for it the other night and went close to deepstack seat a few nights before that.

I planned to go to Galway but can’t go to everything so I decided that given the 300e ACOP has a similar structure to the ME in Galway and the deepstack is significantly deeper that I’d skip Galway and play the two weekends in a row in Feb.

Comment

175 paid i think when i looked, probably back at 5pm or 6pm our time id imagine
                I had the wrong updates so. Ty

Comment

ACOP?

Yeah, won a satellite for it. Haven't managed a deepstack ticket yet but only played 2 satts. Hopefully bink one over the next few weeks.

Comment

Ah...wrong acronym...!

Comment

SoRare have finally announced their deal with the Premier League, fully licensed player cards for all clubs.
                      Free to play version with Cards, fan experiences, jerseys, tickets etc all up for grabs.
                      Basically pick 10 players and submit 5 each week (1 gk, 1 defender, 1 midfielder, 1 forward plus one additional outfield players)
                      Sign up using my referral code and get a free Limited Premier league card when you purchase two on auction.
                      Collect, play and win officially licensed digital cards featuring the world's best global football, NBA and MLB players.
                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Ah...wrong acronym...!
                        Ya, APAT was that thing that was held in the Fitz for a few years back in the day I think, don't know what it stands for, although I'm sure these acronyms are reused a lot.

Comment

In a data migration meeting today with a few HR heads, tech and PMs. Approving mapping templates.

A bit bored so fire out the question "Em the sex field datatype is down as varchar, should it not be binary?" Pin drop. 10 second awks silence. Then the response "Ah...the meeting IS being recorded Tony."

Zero craic in the workplace anymore
                          Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post

Ya, APAT was that thing that was held in the Fitz for a few years back in the day I think, don't know what it stands for, although I'm sure these acronyms are reused a lot.
                            APAT was Amateur something something although i always found it a bit stupid, like is it supposed to be limited to recreational players?

Comment

I happened to just witness an East Wall anti-immigrant protest down Amien Street half an hour ago. If you didn't know that the hand wringing about the great right gaining traction here was nonsense then that protest would say you at ease.

The majority were kids and women with buggies. Looked exactly like what it was - just a group of scumbags on a jolly. Few pitbulls too for some reason. And maybe two or three with balaclavas.

Wouldn't even be worth antifascist grouos attacking them.

Comment

ACOP?

Yeah, won a satellite for it. Haven't managed a deepstack ticket yet but only played 2 satts. Hopefully bink one over the next few weeks.
                                You're hoovering up them satty's...well done!
                                Was Dokes book useful?

Comment

Amateur Poker Association Tour
                                  Or anybody who fancied playing.... especially anyone called Pat which accounted for half of the Fitz crowd

Comment

Originally posted by dinekes View Post

You're hoovering up them satty's...well done!
                                    Was Dokes book useful?
                                    You could say that alright. Until last April, I'd won 1 satellite ticket ever.

since last April, I've only failed to qualify for one event. So that's some turnaround.

i keep going back to it too and have actually read it 3 times. Pick up new stuff each time and really notice the difference since reading it. If you're thinking about getting it, it's definitely worth it.

Comment

For those who missed it on social media yesterday, Lankum announced a new album, due for release towards the end of March.

UK and Irish tour for May with Vicar Street dates on May 30 and 31.

These will sell out quick smart - general sale Friday at 10am and I'd expect they'll be gone by the end of the day - but here's a pre-sale link for anyone interested... hopefully it works. I'm in anyway.

https://www.ticketmaster.ie/venueart...242?did=artpre

And the promo video for the first song to be made available... 8 mins of low key drone magnificence.

Last edited by BennyHiFi; 01-02-23, 20:20.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post
                                        For those who missed it on social media yesterday, Lankum announced a new album, due for release towards the end of March.

UK and Irish tour for May with Vicar Street dates on May 30 and 31.

These will sell out quick smart - general sale Friday at 10am and I'd expect they'll be gone by the end of the day - but here's a pre-sale link for anyone interested... hopefully it works. I'm in anyway.

https://www.ticketmaster.ie/venueart...242?did=artpre

And the promo video for the first song to be made available... 8 mins of low key drone magnificence.

Sweet stuff. Nice one Benny, link worked perfectly. Bagged 2x

Deadly, couldn't go to that last recent gig.
                                        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

ACOP?

Played in a sat this week for the craic and hence downloaded ggpoker for the first time. By god, the UI is fairly tilting. On the river in an all in the card either slowly appears or you need to click "show" ..... couldn't find a way to turn it off but there's surely a way. Why they thought that should be the default i have no idea.

Comment

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Degag View Post

Played in a sat this week for the craic and hence downloaded ggpoker for the first time. By god, the UI is fairly tilting. On the river in an all in the card either slowly appears or you need to click "show" ..... couldn't find a way to turn it off but there's surely a way. Why they thought that should be the default i have no idea.
                                              Yeah, the entire software tilts me so I won't be using it for anything other than live satts. I've searched high and low for a way to turn that feature off but couldn't find one.

Was actually really disappointed to see the lads go from Unibet to GG. Unibet is very user friendly and had great IPO satts. GG is the exact opposite.

Comment

Yeah, the entire software tilts me so I won't be using it for anything other than live satts. I've searched high and low for a way to turn that feature off but couldn't find one.

Was actually really disappointed to see the lads go from Unibet to GG. Unibet is very user friendly and had great IPO satts. GG is the exact opposite.
                                                You can turn off the peek but the slow peel on the river if either player has equity can’t be turned off.
                                                Best thing you can do is have them dead on the turn

Slight hack -or extra tilt- is that you pick the deck setting which gives the earliest view of the suit & hand combo.
                                                Default just gives early look at the suit but I’ve read people mention the deck setting.
                                                Tbh, it becomes a little weird playing on another site as you expect the slow peel.

GG does some interesting things like the blind reset for FTs of certain events.
                                                While it doesn’t directly impact ICM, it does raise some interesting ideas around Future Game and your decisions as your edge -or lack thereof- may become a bigger factor when blinds reset.

Comment

Poker wankers

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

Sweet stuff. Nice one Benny, link worked perfectly. Bagged 2x

Deadly, couldn't go to that last recent gig.
                                                    Cool. I'm Wednesday night. Might touch base with a IPBer or two for a scoop before hand if feasible!

Comment

Travel budgets back with a bang means moar midweek entertaining. Went to Nearys and they lapped it up like milk.

Next career could be 'guided pub tours for auld Yanks'. Pay me in booze or whatever.
                                                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                        Travel budgets back with a bang means moar midweek entertaining. Went to Nearys and they lapped it up like milk.

Next career could be 'guided pub tours for auld Yanks'. Pay me in booze or whatever.
                                                        I always described that as the protestant pub

Does always seem to be a place that's a bit under the radar

Comment

Luna booked for Friday in first night out for me and the missus in what feels like forever.
                                                          Of course, I now have my yearly mystery foot pain (probably gout). It was meant to be the blow off of dry Jan for us both.
                                                          Dry Jan might be rolling into Feb at this rate.
                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                            I happened to just witness an East Wall anti-immigrant protest down Amien Street half an hour ago. If you didn't know that the hand wringing about the great right gaining traction here was nonsense then that protest would say you at ease.

The majority were kids and women with buggies. Looked exactly like what it was - just a group of scumbags on a jolly. Few pitbulls too for some reason. And maybe two or three with balaclavas.

Wouldn't even be worth antifascist grouos attacking them.
                                                            There was a video doing the rounds of a load out in finglas the other night.
                                                            It was a much larger crowd than you'd imagine

Comment

Fucking paddy power poker... Am heads up in a satellite for a Irish open seat, (2nd get 800+) and the app crashed in the middle of a hand. Am waiting for the app to reopen ​​​​​
                                                              edit: still can't get in but looking at my account, it appears they paid out second place to me. . Never been that gutted winning before, as thought had decent chance of ticket

Last edited by pokerhand; 02-02-23, 00:21.
                                                              No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Urgh, to make it worst, I am able to log in now, looks like i was chip leader when it crashed, and the other guy won by blinding me out.

Really shitty

No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                                  Urgh, to make it worst, I am able to log in now, looks like i was chip leader when it crashed, and the other guy won by blinding me out.

Really shitty
                                                                  Message them, explain the situation and I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re willing to exchange 2nd prize for an IO seat.

I see Tom Parsons is still in the PSPC with 50 left.

Comment

Shipped the IO seat on PP last night, nice to get an early one

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post

Cool. I'm Wednesday night. Might touch base with a IPBer or two for a scoop before hand if feasible!
                                                                      You're on

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post

Message them, explain the situation and I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re willing to exchange 2nd prize for an IO seat.

I see Tom Parsons is still in the PSPC with 50 left.
                                                                        How you message them? Is there an email address?

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                          Luna booked for Friday in first night out for me and the missus in what feels like forever.
                                                                          Of course, I now have my yearly mystery foot pain (probably gout). It was meant to be the blow off of dry Jan for us both.
                                                                          Dry Jan might be rolling into Feb at this rate.
                                                                          My mystery foot/ankle pain hasn't recurred (apart from a few days threat at new years that didn't come on thankfully) in the 6 months I've been on my new medication, Imraldi. They have pretty much ruled out gout though, but no specific diagnosis is possible, so undifferentiated rheumatoid arthritis is I believe what my consultant has settled on, basically meaning it can't be pinpointed, but it's the first time in a decade that I've gone 6 months without having a bad flare up of pain/swelling which can sometimes last a few months at a time, sometimes shorter.

Fingers crossed.

Medicine would cost about 700 per month, but it is covered under the drug payments scheme, so it's capped at 8- a month and that includes nearly any other prescription medicine for the whole family, so the missus was probably shelling out over half that regularly anyway, so it's pretty good.

Comment

Shipped the IO seat on PP last night, nice to get an early one
                                                                            I heard you had an easy heads up to get it too.

Comment

My preference for anything like this would be Twitter.

Comment

Best of luck with it. I had a pretty shitty experience with PP over a not related but similar issue as you and i got nowhere even though they were clearly at fault.

On the positive side, you have ~75% of the buyin!

Comment

Best of luck with it. I had a pretty shitty experience with PP over a not related but similar issue as you and i got nowhere even though they were clearly at fault.

Mine wasn’t great either with Stars after getting frozen out to resubmit KYC. Basically blinded out of a couple of tournies and nothing returned.

Perhaps worth it for Pokerhand as outside of the additional cash for the buyin, they might stick you into the last longer too.

I qualified on Stars so missed out on that.

Comment

Snag another package and put the 350 expenses in your arse pocket along with the 800 for a re entry if you need it.

Simple game IMO
                                                                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

I see the Irish lad who won the Bonnington Platinum Pass still rocking a decent stack after Day 2 in Bahamas with 250 players left, $4m to shoot for. Good luck to him. Was Denny Crane on that FT too or did I imagine that?
                                                                                      Out for 46k

Comment

My mystery foot/ankle pain hasn't recurred (apart from a few days threat at new years that didn't come on thankfully) in the 6 months I've been on my new medication, Imraldi. They have pretty much ruled out gout though, but no specific diagnosis is possible, so undifferentiated rheumatoid arthritis is I believe what my consultant has settled on, basically meaning it can't be pinpointed, but it's the first time in a decade that I've gone 6 months without having a bad flare up of pain/swelling which can sometimes last a few months at a time, sometimes shorter.

Fingers crossed.

Medicine would cost about 700 per month, but it is covered under the drug payments scheme, so it's capped at 8- a month and that includes nearly any other prescription medicine for the whole family, so the missus was probably shelling out over half that regularly anyway, so it's pretty good.
                                                                                        There’s a guy down here who I’ve worked with before who’s offering a new programme on ankle/foot rehab work: https://dgrinteractive.thinkific.com...z4s0%3D.Xy4SCu

I’ve done some of his other courses in the past and found them quite good. I guess movement expert is his thing. It’s not any way quacky and you don’t need to move like Ido Portal or anything.
                                                                                        It might be something of interest to yourself or DP.

Comment

What do the BBV golfers think of Reeds latest shenanigans . As golf is up it’s own ass I tend to give these renegades a bit of slack, so as a stand alone incident, is he entitled to the abuse he’s getting?

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post

There’s a guy down here who I’ve worked with before who’s offering a new programme on ankle/foot rehab work: https://dgrinteractive.thinkific.com...z4s0%3D.Xy4SCu

I’ve done some of his other courses in the past and found them quite good. I guess movement expert is his thing. It’s not any way quacky and you don’t need to move like Ido Portal or anything.
                                                                                            It might be something of interest to yourself or DP.
                                                                                            Nah, this isn't anyway related to injury or anything that can be rehabbed, ta. It seems to be an autoimmune thing in my case really. Thanks though.

Comment

Nah, this isn't anyway related to injury or anything that can be rehabbed, ta. It seems to be an autoimmune thing in my case really. Thanks though.
                                                                                              Figured as much, only mentioned as I know someone with a similar ailment to how you’ve described yours and they’ve gone to mobility sessions with him prior to the launch of this.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                                                                What do the BBV golfers think of Reeds latest shenanigans . As golf is up it’s own ass I tend to give these renegades a bit of slack, so as a stand alone incident, is he entitled to the abuse he’s getting?
                                                                                                Why would you view it as a standalone incident though? He's not a renegade he's an inveterate cheat

Comment

An Post proving to be a worthy replacement for Ulsterbank

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post

Why would you view it as a standalone incident though? He's not a renegade he's an inveterate cheat
                                                                                                    Well I mean to view the incident (which I didn’t see clearly) as a standalone incident without the Reed Bias that is already there from recent accusations.

Rory doesn’t seem to think he cheated. I’m actually interested in people viewpoint on his particular incident. I know the general feeling of him as a cheat etc.

Comment

Well I mean to view the incident (which I didn’t see clearly) as a standalone incident without the Reed Bias that is already there from recent accusations.

Rory doesn’t seem to think he cheated. I’m actually interested in people viewpoint on his particular incident. I know the general feeling of him as a cheat etc.
                                                                                                      he's a cheat and cheated again. it's up to him to prove it's his ball, which he didn't do, but the officials should have pushed harder for proof. scum gonna scum

Comment

Meh, like the up its own assedness of the game actually helped him cheat here. Rory is never going to enflame the situation and "beef". Rorys golfs statesman.

A rules official is not going to push the situation. Ultimately, the "gentlemanly" aspect of the game means it is ripe for abuse from scumbags. You are in charge of your own ball... always. If a disagreement occurs about anything YOU decide what happened to your ball and the reputation and otherwise consequences you deal with. Reed clearly dgaf about rep, its probably unrecoverable anyway so he has no incentive to be a "gentleman".

Your take on this is gas stuff. "Renegade". lol.

I'm delighted Rory stuffed it down his fucking neck.
                                                                                                        This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                                        All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                        The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

I resigned my position at Reed's thing as being grand and let's move on. Initially, I thought it wasn't apparent cheating and gave the officials the benefit of the doubt.

Having watched a proper quality replay from Sky of the ball landing in a different tree AND then realising that Reed did the absolute nut angleshoot job on it. The officials picked the wrong tree, told him the marking on the ball they could see, then after some back/forth and Reed decided at that point to run with - "That's my marking, I use that marking". Officials then eventually signed off on it.

Sky pundits said he was unlucky to use a "popular and common brand of ball" that most pros use. It is very difficult to tell which one is which unless the ball is within a couple of meters. As opposed to a ball embedded in a palm tree. 30ft in the air with about 25% of the surface visible AND using binoculars to see it.

The officials gave him a perfect angleshoot, he was happy to oblige and take it.

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                                                                                            I resigned my position at Reed's thing as being grand and let's move on. Initially, I thought it wasn't apparent cheating and gave the officials the benefit of the doubt.

Having watched a proper quality replay from Sky of the ball landing in a different tree AND then realising that Reed did the absolute nut angleshoot job on it. The officials picked the wrong tree, told him the marking on the ball they could see, then after some back/forth and Reed decided at that point to run with - "That's my marking, I use that marking". Officials then eventually signed off on it.

Sky pundits said he was unlucky to use a "popular and common brand of ball" that most pros use. It is very difficult to tell which one is which unless the ball is within a couple of meters. As opposed to a ball embedded in a palm tree. 30ft in the air with about 25% of the surface visible AND using binoculars to see it.

The officials gave him a perfect angleshoot, he was happy to oblige and take it.
                                                                                                            Exactly. and its NOT their job to catch players out, it's their job to explain the rules. Not referees, "rules officials" lol. You are in charge of your own ball. He took it, ran with it. If balls could magically teleport we'd be seeing a lot more hole in ones.
                                                                                                            All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                            The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

also I'd just like to give Ro credit on his putt on 18. Im a big believer he's a biscuit but that was under pressure and he made it.

Do you think he makes it if Reed is in his group though? That's the reeeeal question.

Comment

I echo Theresa's sentiments. Golf is a game that can definitely be abused by cheats/angleshooters. Rory sidestepped it, nodded to the official's decision and never gave Reed related nonsense any oxygen.

A good story was Max Homa's win the same weekend. A really good dude and he's hitting his prime. He'll be a serious threat in the Ryder Cup and was 4-0 in his President's Cup debut.

However, the real story is Rory's CLUTCH birdie-birdie fist pump finish. Hopefully, Seamie Power gets the finger out for Pebble Beach this weekend. Last year he was cruising in P1 after 54 holes and it unravelled from there. Another good dude and he's got more wins in him.

Comment

Thanks for the replies , i think this story has more legs . Its interesting how cheating at golf and snooker results in such passionate hatred and in eg soccer where the players are expert divers they get exalted by the fanbase. I think it bollox that it should be a gentlemans game with whats at stake. They need to police it better .

I cant imagine what benefit Reed would derive from cheating so openly. If he DNGAS then i suspect he has some intellectual challenges as he must be at least aware of the growing bad of hatred. Nobody can be that unaware ?

I think Renegade is a perfect description

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                                                                    also I'd just like to give Ro credit on his putt on 18. Im a big believer he's a biscuit but that was under pressure and he made it.

Do you think he makes it if Reed is in his group though? That's the reeeeal question.
                                                                                                                    What more pressure could he possibly have lumped on himself. The PGA defender supreme. He was clutch . Huge putt that bodes well for the season. The Rory haters must be disappointed

Comment

Thanks for the replies , i think this story has more legs . Its interesting how cheating at golf and snooker results in such passionate hatred and in eg soccer where the players are expert divers they get exalted by the fanbase. I think it bollox that it should be a gentlemans game with whats at stake. They need to police it better .

I cant imagine what benefit Reed would derive from cheating so openly. If he DNGAS then i suspect he has some intellectual challenges as he must be at least aware of the growing bad of hatred. Nobody can be that unaware ?

I think Renegade is a perfect description
                                                                                                                      Ah I think its the positive tone in which you mention the renegadeyness.

Diving in soccer is a joke too. Thats a harder problem to solve which way blurrier lines. This is the least of blurry lines. It was a different fucking tree! haha

Comment

Also fuck Rory, I love him so very much.

Comment

Lao Lao I have a potential new customer in Jordan, may have to ship delicate items up to 3m length (20cm diameter).

Have you some companies you'd recommend I get in touch with?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X