Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Regulatory red tape probably means it will be some time before we see the same offered in Europe but this will surely completely obliterate the brick and motor chemist industry.

Amazon launches cheap prescriptions for US Prime members

Comment

Those of you on The Last Of Us buzz (which has been incredible and I suspect will go down as the show of the decade - the latest ep was brilliant and totally not at all what I expected) should also watch Station Eleven, its probably been mentioned here before but its brilliant and this song from it is a great listen.

This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
      All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
      The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
        Regulatory red tape probably means it will be some time before we see the same offered in Europe but this will surely completely obliterate the brick and motor chemist industry.

loads of online chemists already exist in the UK and all repeat prescriptions can be delivered straight to your door on a weekly, monthly basis.

Comment

There's a definite market for a well implemented technology solution here, especially if it's integrated with video GP services.

Most of the hassle is chasing gp appointment slots, then chasing the pharmacy to get your script ready. Also if they don't have the medication in stock you usually don't find out until arriving there.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
            Those of you on The Last Of Us buzz (which has been incredible and I suspect will go down as the show of the decade - the latest ep was brilliant and totally not at all what I expected) should also watch Station Eleven, its probably been mentioned here before but its brilliant and this song from it is a great listen.

Not up to date on today but have been enjoying the accompanying HBO official podcast, the way they go through the art of making this i very interesting.
            This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post

Not up to date on today but have been enjoying the accompanying HBO official podcast, the way they go through the art of making this i very interesting.
              Yeah it's been brilliant. It's been said in a lot of places but the showrunners love of the game shines through in the quality of it all. I'm a nerd for world ending shit though so prob biased.
              All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
              The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Retrofit dude seems to have decided February is the time to get moving and is turning up on Weds to install an entire house worth of new windows and doors. Action stations!
                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                  Retrofit dude seems to have decided February is the time to get moving and is turning up on Weds to install an entire house worth of new windows and doors. Action stations!
                  What started out as "we might get the kitchen units painted" has turned into a whole refurb, new floor tiles, new counters, new backsplash, new hob, new extractor, lights and paint...which will extend to the dining area and utility
                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Dont know if its mentioned but the 1st Episode-120 mins of this is FREE on youtube . The last of us .

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post

What started out as "we might get the kitchen units painted" has turned into a whole refurb, new floor tiles, new counters, new backsplash, new hob, new extractor, lights and paint...which will extend to the dining area and utility
                      It's only taken you 50 years to discover how women work

In other news, applying for a mortgage is waaaaaay more convoluted in 2023 than it was in 2003

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                        Something I learned today which makes so much sense. In Belgium your annual salary is divided into 14 payments and you get double payments in June and December.
                        Hit up Amadeo for ribs if u are in around Brussels.
                        Their baked potatoes are something special
                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                          Poker Face is epic. Get on it everyone. Thank me later for making your 2023 a fantastic place to live and work.

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt14269590/
                          It's good, the script is spared due to my affinity for the lead.
                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                            Google tv + Plex on your PC.
                            real-debrid.com > Plex imo

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

real-debrid.com > Plex imo
                              New one to me, how does that all work?

I don't watch much, just get the odd show from private cousins.

Comment

Find it slightly fascinating that a jury of 12 peers gets put under immediate time pressure, called back into the courtroom once or twice a day to ask if they've reached a verdict or are likely to do so.
                                Whilst a jury of 3 judges gets to state 'sure we'll be back in a couple of months lads'.
                                Special Criminal Court to deliver verdict in Gerry 'The Monk' Hutch trial in April (thejournal.ie)

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                  Find it slightly fascinating that a jury of 12 peers gets put under immediate time pressure, called back into the courtroom once or twice a day to ask if they've reached a verdict or are likely to do so.
                                  Whilst a jury of 3 judges gets to state 'sure we'll be back in a couple of months lads'.
                                  Special Criminal Court to deliver verdict in Gerry 'The Monk' Hutch trial in April (thejournal.ie)
                                  Maybe they have to write their verdict?

Comment

The son of breaga 2.42 limerick
                                    told it has a good ew chance

Comment

Maybe they have to write their verdict?
                                      According to that bastion of good sense and rational reporting that is, er, the Irish Sun, that does seem to be the case.

GERRY “The Monk” Hutch’s murder trial will resume on Thursday – with just a few weeks of evidence remaining.

The three judges at the Special Criminal Court will then take approximately one month to deliver their verdicts in what is expected to be a lengthy written judgment.
                                      Now let's meet Kelly, 18, a barmaid from Essex whose interests include wearing very little.

Comment

Originally posted by balfejohn View Post
                                        The son of breaga 2.42 limerick
                                        told it has a good ew chance
                                        Trainer has a 50% strike rate this season (5 from 10) - never heard of him but must have a decent clue. Although I can't back it on principle.

Comment

Trainer has a 50% strike rate this season (5 from 10) - never heard of him but must have a decent clue. Although I can't back it on principle.
                                          0/79 in previous 7 years

Drugs obvs

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

0/79 in previous 7 years

Drugs obvs
                                            Playing the long game Dicebox. A bit like you in the Cheltenham Tipping Comp, then whooooosh....

Comment

0/79 in previous 7 years

Drugs obvs
                                              I can confirm I don’t take drugs just the odd gin for sorry joints and a weeping mother
                                              horse now 11/4 good money on it

Comment

Match being replayed - culchie pressure . Kilmacud cheaters v the Bitters .

Comment

Rule 4 in effect though. Bastards catch you everyway.

Comment

Lowry and Bo broke up today.

Interesting to see if he has a big caddy or someone lined up. The brother will probably jump in for an event or two.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post

loads of online chemists already exist in the UK and all repeat prescriptions can be delivered straight to your door on a weekly, monthly basis.
                                                      Went into that Chemist Warehouse place on Henry Street in the run up to Christmas and my monthly prescription which is normally €147 came out at €104. That was for the brand names too, no generic replacements.

The business model for local chemists is on its last legs.

Comment

Wow the IHRB didn't hold back with Ronan McNally. Banned for 12 years

Comment

Sunk by the dreaded balfejohn curse

Comment

Sunk by the dreaded balfejohn curse
                                                            He's a canny lad. I tell ya he's laying these tips

Don't buy orange crop until the price falls .

Comment

Originally posted by limpwhacker View Post
                                                              Thought it was extremely severe myself
                                                              Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Mustard View Post

Thought it was extremely severe myself
                                                                Yeah without a doubt. Not the first trainer to pull off a stroke and won't be the last.

Comment

Originally posted by DeeBrown View Post

Went into that Chemist Warehouse place on Henry Street in the run up to Christmas and my monthly prescription which is normally €147 came out at €104. That was for the brand names too, no generic replacements.

The business model for local chemists is on its last legs.
                                                                  ​​​​WHen the mask regulations were introduced I bought some from a local chemist. They had a sign on the door with "3 masks for €5.00" (it may not have been €5 can't remember exactly) She popped 3 masks without any protective packaging into a brown paper bag! So they were breaking down bigger packs obviously and coughing all over them
                                                                  Haven't used them since

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                                    Dont know if its mentioned but the 1st Episode-120 mins of this is FREE on youtube . The last of us .
                                                                    I was disappointed this isn't on Netflix. Afraid to watch that free episode as I'll probably then have to subscribe to whatever it's on ...more dollars per month

Comment

Those of you on The Last Of Us buzz (which has been incredible and I suspect will go down as the show of the decade - the latest ep was brilliant and totally not at all what I expected)
                                                                      I actually turned the first episode off halfway through when it first aired a few weeks ago. I didn't know what it was going to be about but once I realized I just thought the genre had been done to death and was tired of the never-ending steaming pile of crap that has been churned out around it. The lack of much else worth watching at the moment and the acclaim this episode is getting made me go back and give it another go. Certainly glad I did. Such a good episode of television.
                                                                      Last edited by Opr; 31-01-23, 17:47.

Comment

Is there anywhere to see stats for a football player for their last 5 / 10 games?
                                                                        ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

What did he get banned for? Prob treating his horses well
                                                                          Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

Originally posted by dinekes View Post

I was disappointed this isn't on Netflix. Afraid to watch that free episode as I'll probably then have to subscribe to whatever it's on ...more dollars per month
                                                                            It’s on now tv check bargain alerts on boards always deals going for entertainment pack which prob has best quality selection of all the streaming companies (all the hbo shows)
                                                                            currently on a3e a month for 6 months deal myself
                                                                            Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

Netflix is absolutel trash

thinking MUBI might be worth a look for movies mix of classic and new releases not a marvel movie to be seen
                                                                              they have Aftersun already and loads of stuff you’ll never see on Netflix and the rest

Comment

Originally posted by MysteryGuest View Post

What did he get banned for? Prob treating his horses well
                                                                                A few things. Highlights were one horse improved 61 pounds according to the handicapper. Backed from 20s to 6/4 and won. His mates sons laid it not to be placed in its previous runs and lumped on when it won. An old fashioned stroke really. Landed a gamble with another one as well. He also had a few of his horses in another trainer's name. Bit naughty but hardly worthy of taking away his livelihood for 12 years.

Comment

A few things. Highlights were one horse improved 61 pounds according to the handicapper. Backed from 20s to 6/4 and won. His mates sons laid it not to be placed in its previous runs and lumped on when it won. An old fashioned stroke really. Landed a gamble with another one as well. He also had a few of his horses in another trainer's name. Bit naughty but hardly worthy of taking away his livelihood for 12 years.
                                                                                  Pour encourager les autres imo

Comment

Pour encourager les autres imo
                                                                                    Perhaps I'm misunderstanding, but is it(the ban) not to disencourage others
                                                                                    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                                                                                      Is there anywhere to see stats for a football player for their last 5 / 10 games?
                                                                                      Fantasy football and the Premier league app would have the basics. Whoscored is another popular site.

Anything in depth or beyond the norm I'm sure there's 1 or 2 in the professional stats/data

What stats are you looking for?

Comment

Dont think its harsh. Punters should be protected . Its not just the bookies he hurts

Comment

Originally posted by MysteryGuest View Post

It’s on now tv check bargain alerts on boards always deals going for entertainment pack which prob has best quality selection of all the streaming companies (all the hbo shows)
                                                                                          currently on a3e a month for 6 months deal myself
                                                                                          Fiver a month ive been offered. Tempted .

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post

Fantasy football and the Premier league app would have the basics. Whoscored is another popular site.

Anything in depth or beyond the norm I'm sure there's 1 or 2 in the professional stats/data

What stats are you looking for?
                                                                                            Ah I just wanted to se if Joao Cancelos drop off is as real as reported.
                                                                                            ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

I actually turned the first episode off halfway through when it first aired a few weeks ago. I didn't know what it was going to be about but once I realized I just thought the genre had been done to death and was tired of the never-ending steaming pile of crap that has been churned out around it. The lack of much else worth watching at the moment and the acclaim this episode is getting made me go back and give it another go. Certainly glad I did. Such a good episode of television.
                                                                                              When did you stop signing off your posts? Did I miss that?

Was a great episode with some excellent acting and the fact it could be totally standalone might piss people off but they are wrong imo. I was glued to it and it was awesomely well done.

Comment

Ah I just wanted to se if Joao Cancelos drop off is as real as reported.
                                                                                                Pep is ruthless. Out the gap. He was the best full back in the league at the start of the season. Rumoured to be disruptive behind the scenes.

Conte just as ruthless. Doherty goneski too. Although they agreed to release him because they had too many players shipped out on loan. Too many full backs too. Thought there was an issue with joining Atleti Madrid but just saw it was confirmed. Interesting to see if he gets much game time under Simeone

Comment

Never mind the above. I just saw he did end up moving to Atleti Madrid. Assumed it had fallen through and he was released to get a chance to join another club.

Funnily enough spurs had too many players out on loan so he had to be sold or released.

Comment

[[]]

When did you stop signing off your posts? Did I miss that?

Was a great episode with some excellent acting and the fact it could be totally standalone might piss people off but they are wrong imo. I was glued to it and it was awesomely well done.
                                                                                                    Spoiler just incase

SPOILER

It filled in the back story of how the world was destroyed, what to expect from the govt and set out the theme’s for Joel and Ellie.

it could be standalone and could have made a good film but it was also really important to setting up the emotional stakes for the rest of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                                                                                      Never mind the above. I just saw he did end up moving to Atleti Madrid. Assumed it had fallen through and he was released to get a chance to join another club.

Funnily enough spurs had too many players out on loan so he had to be sold or released.
                                                                                                      Or kept (or was the squad full?)

Strange one as he's been starting pretty regular even sice the WC. Hope it works out for him.

Comment

Or kept (or was the squad full?)

Strange one as he's been starting pretty regular even sice the WC. Hope it works out for him.
                                                                                                        Who was the last Irish international to play in the LaLiga?

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post

Who was the last Irish international to play in the LaLiga?
                                                                                                          At a guess Ian Harte
                                                                                                          ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                                                                            [[]]
                                                                                                            Spoiler just incase

SPOILER

It filled in the back story of how the world was destroyed, what to expect from the govt and set out the theme’s for Joel and Ellie.

it could be standalone and could have made a good film but it was also really important to setting up the emotional stakes for the rest of the season.

Was fully expecting the spoiler to state why OPR stopped signing off posts.
                                                                                                            ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

I see the Irish lad who won the Bonnington Platinum Pass still rocking a decent stack after Day 2 in Bahamas with 250 players left, $4m to shoot for. Good luck to him. Was Denny Crane on that FT too or did I imagine that?

Comment

Yeah he was good. Ran over the tournament for the last few tables.

Comment

Was fully expecting the spoiler to state why OPR stopped signing off posts.
                                                                                                                  I've been hitting refresh all day to find out the story on that

Comment

I think it's something he stopped doing a couple of years ago at this point. From memory it was just a habit and he decided to stop.

Comment

Probably did a mindfulness course

Comment

I see the Irish lad who won the Bonnington Platinum Pass still rocking a decent stack after Day 2 in Bahamas with 250 players left, $4m to shoot for. Good luck to him. Was Denny Crane on that FT too or did I imagine that?
                                                                                                                        Bubble just burst so he's cashed now too. Some going.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post

Bubble just burst so he's cashed now too. Some going.
                                                                                                                          Were they playing at 9am

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X