Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have plenty of business relationships but nos 1 and 2 apply to me.
    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
      Interesting survey about North-South interaction today:
      1. 2/3 of people in the south say they have no friends in NI
      2. 80% say they have no relations there
      3. Over 50% say they have not travelled across the border in the last 5 years
      Is that common to IPBers? Seems mad to me but WTF do I know.
      What a stupid survey- I bet the stats hold up for people living in cork, Kerry, Waterford if asked about Cavan/Monaghan/Louth people
      people not friends with people they don’t live near shocker
      Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

1. 2/3 of people in the south say they have no friends in NI - 2 friends
        2. 80% say they have no relations there. Gerry Adams in my uncle .
        3. Over 50% say they have not travelled across the border in the last 5 years - 4 weeks ago .
        1 answer might be false .

Comment

Phota near temple bar for action Saturday lunch
          Lets see how deadpigeon handles this...
          ​​​​​
          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Anyone that lives within striking distance of the border does most of their shopping in the north. Savings are ridiculous.

Comment

I used to have a lot of friends from Belfast 20 years ago, but none now. No relatives that I know of, though my great grandfather was an Orangeman who married a Catholic. Been there recently but definitely have had 5 year stretches of not.

Comment

Originally posted by MysteryGuest View Post

AI has a bit to go with the music lessons based on that think even dead parrot would mop up in music king v those choices
                Shocking stuff.
                I'm so far ahead of my time my parents haven't met yet.
                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

I know GAA are untouchable but someone should really do a deep dive into who wins the houses in all of these win a house raffles that clubs do….
                  Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

I happened to be in Belfast yesterday for business reasons. Arriving in Belfast at 9.00am. Ghost town.

No traffic to speak of at peak commuting time. Literally never had to wait at a set of Traffic lights more than one cycle. Compared to Dublin it was eerie.

Did some shopping on the way home which was great value. Talked to my UK colleagues who’d stayed over on Thursday night and they couldn’t believe how cheap it was compared to Winchester or london.

I happened to travel home via Navan around 15.00 and the place was in gridlock and overrun with traffic.

I haven’t been up in NI in a while due to Covid and life being busy but they really need to stop shooting themselves in the foot economically and start marketing themselves as a welcoming place to citizens of the republic imo. We have 5 QUB graduates working in our Dublin office and none of them even looked for a job in the north. The brain drain is real.
                    Last edited by V for Vendetta; 28-01-23, 16:25.
                    ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Had a lovely hike in the mountains there ...about 7 1/2 miles Air nice and crisp ..light mist and no wind.

Big commotion between a runner and a woman with her unleashed dog. I had just passed her and he came running down past me and must have said something to her about the dog being off leash. She went ballistic ...screaming "fk you fkn asshole telling me what to do" etc. He pointed out that there's a sign not 100 yards away saying "dogs on leash"
                      "Fk you asshole" she shrieks. "Actually, you look like an asshole" he replied and then laughed in response to further expletives. She then started making that noise that we made as kids to annoy siblings when arguing ..a blocking out noise like "la la la" or something. Saw her later and she had the leash on!

​​​

Loads of people up there today. Hikers, runners, mountain bikers...bit too busy for my liking although did have a couple of brief chats on my walk.
                      ​​​​​
                      It reminded me to go up way earlier at the weekend. ​​​​​

Comment

I know GAA are untouchable but someone should really do a deep dive into who wins the houses in all of these win a house raffles that clubs do….
                        There was one clip on YouTube I think of a lad pulling out the winning ticket and it was himself! In fairness he put it back and redrew. His son was d behind him disgusted saying "can we not keep it da" Not sure what the prize was

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                          Phota near temple bar for action Saturday lunch
                          Lets see how deadpigeon handles this...
                          ​​​​​
                          Resounding success

Comment

All 3 apply to me. I know a few people from NI through having worked with them mainly, but more acquaintances than anything, and not sure any live in the north now.

Edit: Actually, I did a night away in Warrenpoint with the missus about 2.5 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by dinekes View Post
                              Had a lovely hike in the mountains there ...about 7 1/2 miles Air nice and crisp ..light mist and no wind.

Big commotion between a runner and a woman with her unleashed dog. I had just passed her and he came running down past me and must have said something to her about the dog being off leash. She went ballistic ...screaming "fk you fkn asshole telling me what to do" etc. He pointed out that there's a sign not 100 yards away saying "dogs on leash"
                              "Fk you asshole" she shrieks. "Actually, you look like an asshole" he replied and then laughed in response to further expletives. She then started making that noise that we made as kids to annoy siblings when arguing ..a blocking out noise like "la la la" or something. Saw her later and she had the leash on!

​​​

Loads of people up there today. Hikers, runners, mountain bikers...bit too busy for my liking although did have a couple of brief chats on my walk.
                              ​​​​​
                              It reminded me to go up way earlier at the weekend. ​​​​​
                              Entitled cunts like this give all dog owners a bad name tbh. If the dog doesn't have bullet proof recall, keep em on leash (and ime no dog has bullet proof recall unless trained by police/military).
                              Runner should be able to enjoy a run without a dog harassing him/her.
                              This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                              All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                              The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Oh, meant to mention earlier, anyone catch sky arts last night, mick fleetwood hosted a tribute concert to peter green...some serious heavy hitters on that stage playing the blues, outstanding so it was !
                                This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                  Oh, meant to mention earlier, anyone catch sky arts last night, mick fleetwood hosted a tribute concert to peter green...some serious heavy hitters on that stage playing the blues, outstanding so it was !
                                  Thanks Ole will watch on catch up

Comment

'Welcome to Chippendales' is a fun, well put together TV series. If you enjoyed 'Vinyl' or 'Winning Time' you might enjoy it.
                                    Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                      Great that you keep posting these, wouldn't think to look them up but very entertaining.

​​​

Comment

Originally posted by dinekes View Post

Great that you keep posting these, wouldn't think to look them up but very entertaining.

​​​
                                        That last hand with the AA was hilarious. She took it well tbf.
                                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

The Fablemans is a great watch imo - Oscar worthy effort by the lead actress.

Comment

That last hand with the AA was hilarious. She took it well tbf.
                                            Runner runner pain is almost cathartic

​​​​​

Comment

The Fablemans is a great watch imo - Oscar worthy effort by the lead actress.
                                              Literally just finished watching. Great movie that has restored my belief in Oscar worthy movies after enduring the shite ( in no particular order) that was Top Gun, Banshees and Everything... Some performance from Michele Williams

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

For a man of your style and substance, a homeowner in the bustling heart of a major city, I can provide a voice activated ceiling mounted projector screen.

For that James Bond ooze where your aim is to impress so incredibly that 'back to my place' girl that just hooked your arm.

You'll be so impressed.

She won't be as impressed, she might think you're a dork, but hey, who cares about her.

Let me know
                                                Haha! Certainly love to give you some business if it ends up suiting. Let me look into all this and see whats what. What does a such a screen installation cost, do they come in different sizes, how are they powered? There is a ton for me to google.

Originally posted by Emmet View Post

Ceiling mount or short throw? (Depends on room )

Definitely get a screen, and take Laz up on the offer of automatic.

Nvidia shield as the 'driver' would have the grunt to power any app based TV stuff, and has Chromecast built in. Would connect in via hdmi and would have Bluetooth to enable you to organise sound separately (otherwise you are going to need an audio out / hdmi out on the projector)

As always, you can spend reasonable and or you can go fucking mental with these.

An absolute key for a projector to be suitable for an area is getting the room dark. Again bother Lazare for proper black out blinds if required.

We got my parents a ceiling mounted mitsubishi projector and auto screen fitted about 10/12 years ago. Cost something like 3k overall of which 1.2k was projector. Lamps have a lifetime and we replaced the lamp in that projector once after 3 years for about 400. Next time it went I swapped it for a brand new optoma projector which cost about the same as the Mitsubish's lamp and has lamps closer to 100 in cost itself.

Not exactly this model but not far off. Optoma HD145X 1080p Home Entertainment Projector https://amzn.eu/d/02EfADg
                                                Do a bit of math with room dimensions to figure out screen size needed from distance available, or whether this means you should be getting a short throw projector.
                                                Didn't even know short throws existed. I'll put it in this room:

EHf2jfMl.jpg

That corner is 4.4m wall to wall and if I put the screen over in front of that virgin box, the alcove is 2.6m wide.
                                                I was looking at an nvidia shield as I could play games on it as well, but see that they are removing that functionality in feb (the whole reason a lot of people got one), so would need some alternative to stream from PC. Room is pretty dark anyway at the best of times, very faint street light is all that would come through those blinds.

v6gAnTWl.jpg

Will have a look at the ones you linked!

Comment

Haha, I was mostly joking, wasn't hunting for a sale.

I can sort you with one if you wish though.

They're made to measure so can be made to suit any space.

Ideal power option is 230v, the motor can be plugged into a socket if you have one close by, or wired back to a spur. Spur option is neater but requires an electrician pre and post install.

Battery operated an option too. USB-C charged. Battery would last about 8 months with twice daily use.

Controlled with a remote, via an app or voice with an added device.

If you wanted to measure the width and height and pm me I could give you some costing. Zero pressure obvs

I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Instead of sending refugees home we should deport people who genuinely think Banshee’s of Inesherin is a good movie - a good chunk of people but not as much as you’d think lots of empowers new clothes going on with it
                                                    i see anton savage had to take a tweet saying it’s a terrible movie down such was the negative reaction
                                                    as for the people who want to inflict it on leaving cert students- monsters

Comment

It’s not as bad as Calvary though- the one his brother made- but they are a nice twin set of stinkers that think they are far more clever than they actually are

Comment

Well, as the social media meme goes, you've either heard Marquee Moon by Television or you haven't (you either KNOW or you don't and likely never will!)

Its chief architect Tom Verlaine died yesterday aged 73 after a short illness.

So for those of you who haven't heard this masterpiece and those who just want to bask in its genius again, here it is.

Last edited by BennyHiFi; 29-01-23, 13:18.

Comment

Grand slam number 22 for the greatest to ever do it this morning - Roger who?

Comment

In the local shop, run by a Chinese family, getting a beer as I'm so fucking hungover, and pointed at my beer and went 'tai jiu le' ('too much beer' spoken like a five year old tbh) without really thinking about it. And you could see there was nearly a need to pick the elderly Chinese lady up from the ground. Language acquisition +111111.

In fairness, she then corrected my pronunciation so there's obv a bit of the French in her.
                                                            "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Strange developments in the UK. Liverpool overrun by Seagulls .

Comment

UK has taken some strange turns in the last decade but ... fucking hell words fail me, this is what the Daily Telegraph published on their front page yesterday.

Decline and fall is done and dusted
                                                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post
                                                                  Well, as the social media meme goes, you've either heard Marquee Moon by Television or you haven't (you either KNOW or you don't and likely never will!)

Its chief architect Tom Verlaine died yesterday aged 73 after a short illness.

So for those of you who haven't heard this masterpiece and those who just want to bask in its genius again, here it is.

I always wished he'd hired someone who could sing instead of doing it himself.
                                                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Was thinking projector as it would be a larger image and cool, but measuring out an 85 inch tv on the wall here, they are pretty huge so may be better, especially for use with lights on. Might be simpler. Know zero about tvs.

Comment

Looks like the Israelis may be indirectly joining the fight on behalf of Ukraine. Fair enough too given the amount of drones they've been handing over to their RuSSian buddies.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                        UK has taken some strange turns in the last decade but ... fucking hell words fail me, this is what the Daily Telegraph published on their front page yesterday.

Decline and fall is done and dusted
                                                                        They put 2 people in a bath in order to prove that 2 people couldn't fit in said bath?

Sam Beckett would be proud.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                          Was thinking projector as it would be a larger image and cool, but measuring out an 85 inch tv on the wall here, they are pretty huge so may be better, especially for use with lights on. Might be simpler. Know zero about tvs.
                                                                          definitely easier. And definitely better pictures too.

Might even be cheaper these days as well!

Comment

Strewels bath post pic reminds me of OJ Simpson struggling with the glove
                                                                            "If the glove don't fit, you must acquit"

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                              In the local shop, run by a Chinese family, getting a beer as I'm so fucking hungover, and pointed at my beer and went 'tai jiu le' ('too much beer' spoken like a five year old tbh) without really thinking about it. And you could see there was nearly a need to pick the elderly Chinese lady up from the ground. Language acquisition +111111.

In fairness, she then corrected my pronunciation so there's obv a bit of the French in her.
                                                                              You'll put the beer wenches out of business!

Tried the Google Chinese translator a while back with "ni hao ma" and a few others

​​​​​​Got it right maybe 70% of the time but when it's wrong it's like way wrong. Kind of clears up a few strange looks Ive been getting in my infrequent but delicious encounters with the Chinese community

Comment

White Rabbit for tea. Will be back

Comment

Joe rogan is definitely some kind of psy op to kill off brain cells in young men- that Huberman guy who gets posted here is part of the Rogan verse too - which isn’t a good reflection on him
                                                                                  worst stuff is the comedians he promotes- bert Kreischer, Theo Avon etc - brain damagingly unfunny
                                                                                  Hating on Rogan is such a midwit activity. He has hundreds of shows with guests from arcane archaeologists to Bernie Sanders and generally he's a very good interviewer. He's not the brightest, but he's intellectually curious which is more important. He did a show a few weeks ago with a security expert from Mexico that was great, if extremely depressing. Also his interviews with the scientist involved in the Icarus documentaries are essential for anyone interested in peds in sport.

Comment

Reed caught cheating again and now playing for the title? this should go down well, especially if he beats Rory
                                                                                    Last edited by shrapnel; 30-01-23, 09:22.

Comment

In case anyone gets caught out like I did, Parcel Motel no longer exist in Ireland from tomorrow on.

No idea what happens to parcels in transit.

Comment

It's easy to see who is the grittier competitor watching Rory vs Reed.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                                          It's easy to see who is the grittier competitor watching Rory vs Reed.
                                                                                          Not able to watch. What's going on ? Who looks more likely ?

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

It's neck and neck. Reed stretched ahead early doors and Rory was only getting pars. They're level now with only 2 left to play. Reed 1 group ahead of Rory and in bother on 17.

Slight advantage to Rory if reed bogeys 17. Otherwise a playoff is very likely.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

It's very funny to have interactions in a new language with native speakers. Some countries and cultures are delighted to see foreigners try their language. Others, not quite so much and just ignore you before speaking back in perfect English.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

The fashion sense on display is dubious.

Comment

Is this a big deal of a golfament? (and if yes, why is the climax taking place on a Monday? )

Comment

Is this a big deal of a golfament? (and if yes, why is the climax taking place on a Monday? )
                                                                                                    In the Scheme of things it’s not that huge a tournament for Rory. However he has some history of last hole drama etc so some ghosts to put to bed also this one has the added LIV/PGA/DO Tour drama, the pretournament t-gate, Phil Mickelson last night more or less daring Rory to choke. SO this will be Ryder Cup excitement if Rory wins it. I believe it was postponed due to extreme rain on Thursday.

Comment

close call from Rory missing the water by inches on the 18th drive

Comment

Rory has a history of not having a good first event of the year, a win here is big for him. Still it's more so about the PGA vs LIV, and Rory vs Reed.

Plus the Reed BS of suing the golf channel and being involved in other litigious nonsense. The media were creaming themselves at the prospect of Rory and Reed faceoff. Rory inches from putting his drive into the water on 18. Crap lie now and Reed about to birdie to tie Rory.

Good golf drama alone, if you can ignore the rest of the noise.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                                          close call from Rory missing the water by inches on the 18th drive
                                                                                                          so all he has to do is get home in 3 shots from where he is? Should be standard for a pro I would have thought.

Comment

good productivity-destroying stuff for a Monday though

Comment

so all he has to do is get home in 3 shots from where he is? Should be standard for a pro I would have thought.
                                                                                                              yep, he laid up to 92 yards. needs birdie to win

Comment

20 foot sidewinding putt to win it for Rory.

Comment

yep, he laid up to 92 yards. needs birdie to win
                                                                                                                  Presumably we want a Luke Skywalker vs Darth Vader playoff though.

edit: Boo, Luke knocks in his birdie putt to win and the universe is saved for the good guy multi-millionaires of the PGA Tour.

Comment

great putt from Rory to win it!

Comment

What a fucking clutch putt to win!

Hopefully, that's the start of a big season.

Birdie-Birdie finish to win by one. This time last year he was trying to hit a 5 wood onto that green from 260 to try for an eagle and win (dunked into the water). Small margins at the top level.

Comment

we need more monday morning sport for us stuck working from home!!!

Comment

we need more monday morning sport for us stuck working from home!!!
                                                                                                                          just stuck on the chiefs vs bengals game from last night. heard it was very contentious.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X