This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
    coming back through Brussels airport earlier and I spotted Oxley Gin Raoul Duke III I'd not seen it for some time.
    I've been grabbing Sipsmith off the duty free shelves lately. Oxley - haven't seen for years, pity as it was/is excellent.
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

Not even close. The main room is kept at 18 degrees during the day, 19 degrees in the evening. 10 degrees at night. Rest of the house is 10 degrees until the evening when it turns to 16 degrees. Neighbour was saying the same, these houses just leak heat!
      ​​​​​
      Maybe i’m missing something but if you are ‘keeping’ rooms at certain temperatures all the time then you are heating them? Even if they are set at low temperatures.

Why not turn the heating off totally during the day? I only have it on a few hours a day, in the evening and maybe a while in the morning.

Comment

My electric bill just landed today. Compared to the same period last year, I used 10% fewer units, but the bill was 540 vs 343 last year. Unit price has nearly doubled, standing charge up by 50%, and that's with me on a 26% reduction offer still. Vat lower now too and PSO levy not charged, so if those things were the same you'd be looking at another 30 quid. Thankfully I had 255 in various credits so it's not too bad, and that is our only bill (no gas, oil, solid fuels).

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post
          My electric bill just landed today. Compared to the same period last year, I used 10% fewer units, but the bill was 540 vs 343 last year. Unit price has nearly doubled, standing charge up by 50%, and that's with me on a 26% reduction offer still. Vat lower now too and PSO levy not charged, so if those things were the same you'd be looking at another 30 quid. Thankfully I had 255 in various credits so it's not too bad, and that is our only bill (no gas, oil, solid fuels).
          Remember though that the retail price will fall quite sharply over the coming months as the wholesale market falls feed through.

The doom-mongering in Autumn\early winter has not been bone out by the actual experience at all.

Comment

ours has tripled for december. last year was about 120 total for both electricity and gas. this year a whopping 350. Fucking ridiculous

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

Remember though that the retail price will fall quite sharply over the coming months as the wholesale market falls feed through.

The doom-mongering in Autumn\early winter has not been bone out by the actual experience at all.
              Much like anything else though, it might fall back a bit, but will still be significantly higher than last year. Standing charge increases will never be reversed though. Mine gone from .5050 per day to .7612 per day. I doubt we'll see 30% reductions or the like, not unless there is a very quick ending to mad Vlads 'special operation'.

Comment

Much like anything else though, it might fall back a bit, but will still be significantly higher than last year. Standing charge increases will never be reversed though. Mine gone from .5050 per day to .7612 per day. I doubt we'll see 30% reductions or the like, not unless there is a very quick ending to mad Vlads 'special operation'.
                Mad Vlad's jolly boys outing certainly caused a temporary spike (In fact, two) - but that's long gone now in the wholesale market.

commodity-eu-natural-gas.png?s=ngeu&v=202301270940V20220312&ismobile=1&w=400&h=250&lbl=0.png

Comment

So the entire emergency response and associated packages were based on that August spike^^^, which actually reversed almost as fast as it shot up.

And now we're off RuSSian gas and oil, hopefully permanently.

Comment

Our mid-Nov to mid-Jan bill was 700, so 500 after the government credit. But like Hitch, we're charging a car as well and that accounted for *at least* 100 of the total, if not 150, lots of driving was done in December. This month I've spent less than €20 charging the car.

Have multiple quotes for a nice-sized solar PV system on my desk at present, gonna pull the trigger sometime next week and move ahead with it, will have the panels up and running before the end of the Spring. Could get a system up within a month with one supplier, but pay €2K+ extra for the privilege (must be why they have available installation slots in February!), happy to wait instead. Should be 15 or 16 400W panels on a south-facing roof. Not going to bother with a battery to start with, see how the feed-in tariff goes and re-assess in a year, all the companies who gave me quotes so far have mentioned that in a year the battery tech is expected to advance considerably and it is a good idea to hold off.

BTW Hitch you are mad to have not chased the €500 grant for the car charger! 'Too busy' - it took me no more than 1 hour in total to do what was necessary to get €500 net back. An hour of anyone's time is worth €500 I would have thought

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                      Me Inish is wrong

If you were asked to come up with a movie title to sound as Oirish as possible this would definitely suit the billing. I’m sure the Americans love it.

Ronnie Drew would probably call it, The Fiddlers cross – I’m picking bones of course. Although I’m stunned it’s up for so many Oscars. We feed off our Irishness well in Hollywood.
                      The fingers thing is stupid but sure, diddley eye diddle eye.
                      I get what you’re saying, but I don’t see it at all. I think most Americans would struggle with Banshee let alone have any idea what an Inisherin is. And certainly wouldn’t grasp the translation.

Back to the Inish movie . I've read it was an allegory type ref to the Civil War . I get that and I'm not saying its a bad movie but is it really so great with amazing acting ? I don't see it and im a fan of the actors involved.
                      I only seen it recently. I purposely avoided any reviews or posts here. And had no clue what it was about going in. In fact, given the Writer/Director and lead cast. I was kinda expected an In Bruges type thing. But it was obvious pretty quick this was a different rhythm.

Most films these days are style over substance. Action, visual, effects. Looks great in the moment. But half way through the post-picture-piss, the you realise the whole thing made no fucking sense. There’s a place for those type of films of course.
                      But Banshees gets better on reflection rather than falls apart, those films are rare. It had much more depth to it than typical Hollywood tripe. Lots of layers to it. The war building in the background, like Chekhov’s gun, only to amount to nothing in the characters lives. The simple life of the common man. Neighbours turning on each other overnight (civil war again). Loneliness and mental health.
                      Reminded me of irish literary classics by the likes of O’Casey, Synge and Keane. I wouldn’t be surprised if it makes it’s way on to the Leaving Cert curriculum pretty quickly.
                      I think it absolutely deserves the Oscar buzz. As do the actors involved.
                      Last edited by Mellor; 27-01-23, 11:40.

Comment

Mad Vlad's jolly boys outing certainly caused a temporary spike (In fact, two) - but that's long gone now in the wholesale market.

commodity-eu-natural-gas.png?s=ngeu&v=202301270940V20220312&ismobile=1&w=400&h=250&lbl=0.png
                        Wholesale prices being the same as 12 months ago (or a better time of choosing) won't mean that retail prices return to that level. They will hopefully, even likely, drop a decent amount, but not to near those levels. Processing, refining, wages, delivery, other costs have all gone up loads since too, so if prices went from 100 to 200 (simplistic example) for end consumers, the most they would drop to would be 150 in that scenario I suspect, with wholesale prices only a part of the overall gouge.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

I just like the double SH sounds in it
                          Mellor apparently the only one who copped this was a line from the movie.

Either that or you just didn't care. Very disappointing.

I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

It's a fantastic movie with depths of layers.

It is marmite though.

Those that love it are cultured folk.

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post

BTW Hitch you are mad to have not chased the €500 grant for the car charger! 'Too busy' - it took me no more than 1 hour in total to do what was necessary to get €500 net back. An hour of anyone's time is worth €500 I would have thought
                              Absolutely. There was just a million things happening at the same time. Going to apply for the grant to get a new improved charger though, so all is not fully lost.
                              "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

We'll hopefully see 30c (incl VAT) units by the summer. Would be surprised if it falls much further though.

Comment

I still haven't seen it
                                  I suspect the missus feels it's hard work as has suggested lighter viewing each time I suggested it.
                                  We polished out extraordinary in 2 nights and Tulsa king over last weekend.
                                  Both recommended
                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Absolutely. There was just a million things happening at the same time. Going to apply for the grant to get a new improved charger though, so all is not fully lost.
                                    do you know if new homes now come with them as standard? (feels like they should)

Comment

Car charger? No, they definitely don't! I am sure a new home buyer could organise installation ahead of moving in, but I haven't heard of any new developments with each house provided a car charger as standard. Not a bad idea at all of course. But at present, the dealers could sell x2 or more times the number of EV cars being sold, to buy most models you need to wait quite a while, up to a year for some the last I checked. The demand WAY outstrips the supply. So you could provide every house with a charger, but most wouldn't be used for years I suspect.

Comment

I live in blissful ignorance as to the magnitude of any household bills. I recommend it. No idea how to log into the joint bank account...I just put a lump in there each month and wish it bon voyage.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                          I live in blissful ignorance as to the magnitude of any household bills. I recommend it. No idea how to log into the joint bank account...I just put a lump in there each month and wish it bon voyage.
                                          That's real role reversal shit.

Comment

Watched it twice . Colin Farrell's Oscar performance is just him doing an almost tragi Doughalesque oblivious to the world display. Was this what they were trying to portray ( i know i know - it was a nod to the civil war - the observance to the shootings on the mainland etc) . Hardly Oscar worthy from Farrell Gleeson maybe. . imo. Its got so OTT that folk are praising the donkey. I enjoyed the movie but cringe at the pedantic analysis of it. It doesnt even begin to lace the shoelaces of the Field . Much like music it seems the bar is low these days

I'm waiting on the missus to watch it all. She usually refrains from populace opinion. I'm guessing she'll be a thumbs up though . I give it 7 out of 10 extra marks for giving D'unbelievables a run out.

my 2 cents anyway . Would hate to think this makes our schoolbook textbooks.

Cant wait for the inisfree sequel

Comment

do you know if new homes now come with them as standard? (feels like they should)
                                              no. I'd say they'll be rolling it out as default in new estates though, alongside solars. Notice the local Honeypark has now laid out chargers in front of every house - or rather they've wired the parking in front of the houses so a charger can be fitted.

Comment

But at present, the dealers could sell x2 or more times the number of EV cars being sold, to buy most models you need to wait quite a while, up to a year for some the last I checked. The demand WAY outstrips the supply.
                                                Is this something to do with us driving 'on the wrong side of the road', or its all EVs everywhere?

Comment

Same really. Only checked there out of curiosity. 1k last year, two people, no car.

Comment

Most films these days are style over substance. Action, visual, effects. Looks great in the moment. But half way through the post-picture-piss, the you realise the whole thing made no fucking sense.
                                                    I find it difficult to find any TV worth watching these days.

Started watching the last of us yesterday, and my girlfriend turned to me as said this is so boring and going no where, and we turned it off.

I'd rather watch something like Succession or Mad Men, a deeper drama about smaller cast, than all the drudge turned out by the streaming companies these days.

Any I look up highly recommended dramas, it's mostly stuff from 10 years ago that I've watching.

Comment

You might like this article on it The Banshees of Inisherin and the put-on Irishness of Martin McDonagh. https://slate.com/culture/2023/01/ma...n-blarney.html
                                                      Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Watched True Detective last week with herself and started S2 this week but i jumped ship ater 2 eps, wasn't taking to it at all. Is S3 any use?

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

I find it difficult to find any TV worth watching these days.
                                                          Did you watch The Virtues from Channel 4? Only 4 episodes but if a deep drama is what you want.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                            Watched True Detective last week with herself and started S2 this week but i jumped ship ater 2 eps, wasn't taking to it at all. Is S3 any use?
                                                            Decent but not up there with S1 either

Comment

Anyone know much about projectors, screens etc. Might put one in the ceiling and get a sound system, I guess bluetooth? Never had a tv and mean to keep it that way.

Basically want to stream video files from my phone (wifi) to a projector, or from pc (homeplug in a different part of the house), as little cables as possible. Hopefully just a cable to power the projector.

I won't be having any tv service.

Can you just get things like a Chromecast, firestick, roku and plug them into a projector, and your phone stream to it? Know nothing about these bar their names.
                                                              Probably not as easy for the PC since it's on the LAN.
                                                              Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 27-01-23, 16:52.

Comment

Google tv + Plex on your PC.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post

Did you watch The Virtues from Channel 4? Only 4 episodes but if a deep drama is what you want.
                                                                  No I didn't actually. Put it off, due to thinking it would be depressing.

Would probably be still more uplifting than watching most of the dross that's out

Comment

Got my third covid booster today. Hopefully this is the one that gives me some marvel super power dna alteration

Comment

Reservation Dogs is a bit of craic if you are looking for something to watch.
                                                                      Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Ken on the white stuff ?

Comment

A work email with the opening line including "this is not the Russian military" shows the sender knows how to peak interest late on a Friday evening.

Comment

A work email with the opening line including "this is not the Russian military" shows the sender knows how to peak interest late on a Friday evening.
                                                                            Have people started using 'Z' for the lols yet?

Comment

Watched it twice . Colin Farrell's Oscar performance is just him doing an almost tragi Doughalesque oblivious to the world display. Was this what they were trying to portray ( i know i know - it was a nod to the civil war - the observance to the shootings on the mainland etc) . Hardly Oscar worthy from Farrell Gleeson maybe. . imo. Its got so OTT that folk are praising the donkey. I enjoyed the movie but cringe at the pedantic analysis of it. It doesnt even begin to lace the shoelaces of the Field . Much like music it seems the bar is low these days

I'm waiting on the missus to watch it all. She usually refrains from populace opinion. I'm guessing she'll be a thumbs up though . I give it 7 out of 10 extra marks for giving D'unbelievables a run out.

my 2 cents anyway . Would hate to think this makes our schoolbook textbooks.

Bull McCabe was an incredible performance by a Richard Harris. Oscar nominated, and deservedly so. But it was the strongest thing about the movie by a long way. The film as a whole struggle to separate itself from the source material. It played out very much like a play shot on location, rather than a film.
                                                                              I’m not sure if tragic-oblivious is a fault. I mean, Barry Keoghan’s character was a tragic-simpleton from the west. And he played it perfectly. He’s shaping up to be the next Irish actor. Somebody certainly got wind early, he was The Joker at the end of the last Batman
                                                                              movie.

The film we did for the LC was The Dead, thought it was a poor fit with the other texts. Whereas I think Banshees lends itself much more to a comparative study question.

Comment

My eldest's school (4th year) put on a full cast version of Queen, The Musical tonight.

Quite the show. The girl leads (Scaramouche and Killer Queen clearly had talents unnoticed by me when I coached them in hockey a few years back.

Comment

Exact same. Have no clue nor want of clue. I just add the grease.

Having said that, if it wasn't for my ex banker, due diligence, crossed Is and Ts wife I'd be falling out of early houses on a Wednesday

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                    Anyone know much about projectors, screens etc. Might put one in the ceiling and get a sound system, I guess bluetooth? Never had a tv and mean to keep it that way.

Basically want to stream video files from my phone (wifi) to a projector, or from pc (homeplug in a different part of the house), as little cables as possible. Hopefully just a cable to power the projector.

Can you just get things like a Chromecast, firestick, roku and plug them into a projector, and your phone stream to it? Know nothing about these bar their names.
                                                                                    For a man of your style and substance, a homeowner in the bustling heart of a major city, I can provide a voice activated ceiling mounted projector screen.

For that James Bond ooze where your aim is to impress so incredibly that 'back to my place' girl that just hooked your arm.

You'll be so impressed.

She won't be as impressed, she might think you're a dork, but hey, who cares about her.

Let me know

Comment

My eldest's school (4th year) put on a full cast version of Queen, The Musical tonight.

Quite the show. The girl leads (Scaramouche and Killer Queen clearly had talents unnoticed by me when I coached them in hockey a few years back.
                                                                                      I was talking about this the other day with a girl who must be in the same year as your eldest. I hope your daughter is doing more productive things with her transition year placements than the so called mentoring I'm supposed to be doing with her.

Comment

Poker Face is epic. Get on it everyone. Thank me later for making your 2023 a fantastic place to live and work.

Comment

tune
                                                                                          Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

Love the self righteous bandwagon gaa teams hop on when called out for breaking the rules
                                                                                            kilmacud jokes should be fucked out of the competition for appealing
                                                                                            Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

Time to finally put HJ out of business.

Comment

Time to finally put HJ out of business.

https://google-research.github.io/se...iclm/examples/
                                                                                                AI has a bit to go with the music lessons based on that think even dead parrot would mop up in music king v those choices
                                                                                                Last edited by MysteryGuest; 28-01-23, 01:13.

Comment

Lazare Whats the going rate these days for an automatic window blind, 1800 opening. ?

What started as new tiles seems to have evolved into a kitchen overhaul, units painted and new counters.

Had a kinked copper pipe for years in the utility, effectively a useless rad, knowing i would be replacing the tiles i decided to investigate and see what i needed to repair same, sure im only having a look, lifting the tile and see whats going on below ground, no need to drain the system.....good Jesus, thank goodness youngfellow was here to play the little Dutch boy, if i was on my own by the time i would have got the tank in the attic tied up and started to drain from the boilerhouse place would have been seriously water damaged.

Screenshot-20230128-063147.png

For a man of your style and substance, a homeowner in the bustling heart of a major city, I can provide a voice activated ceiling mounted projector screen.

For that James Bond ooze where your aim is to impress so incredibly that 'back to my place' girl that just hooked your arm.

You'll be so impressed.

She won't be as impressed, she might think you're a dork, but hey, who cares about her.

Let me know
                                                                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Car charger? No, they definitely don't! I am sure a new home buyer could organise installation ahead of moving in, but I haven't heard of any new developments with each house provided a car charger as standard. Not a bad idea at all of course. But at present, the dealers could sell x2 or more times the number of EV cars being sold, to buy most models you need to wait quite a while, up to a year for some the last I checked. The demand WAY outstrips the supply. So you could provide every house with a charger, but most wouldn't be used for years I suspect.
                                                                                                    Afraid the grant setup makes it impossible for any/all of the above.

You can only apply for the grant when you are registered homeowner. Nobody can apply for the grant on your behalf.

They can pre wire out to the front / conduit to the consumer unit (in fact regs may oblige them to) however if any further work is done before the grant application is received it's a reject.

To an extent its not a disaster that they're not being auto fitted to new builds as you can be guaranteed they'd be getting pretty vanilla charge points only. Anyone wanting solar integration would need a better (load sensing) point which would be non standard, and awkwardly (though this is going away) we still have a huge number of gen 2 Nissan leaf owners in this country with the type 1 chargers so would need a different connection.

Give it 4/5 years and all the above changes though. Just not quite there yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post

Ceiling mount or short throw? (Depends on room )

Definitely get a screen, and take Laz up on the offer of automatic.

Nvidia shield as the 'driver' would have the grunt to power any app based TV stuff, and has Chromecast built in. Would connect in via hdmi and would have Bluetooth to enable you to organise sound separately (otherwise you are going to need an audio out / hdmi out on the projector)

As always, you can spend reasonable and or you can go fucking mental with these.

An absolute key for a projector to be suitable for an area is getting the room dark. Again bother Lazare for proper black out blinds if required.

We got my parents a ceiling mounted mitsubishi projector and auto screen fitted about 10/12 years ago. Cost something like 3k overall of which 1.2k was projector. Lamps have a lifetime and we replaced the lamp in that projector once after 3 years for about 400. Next time it went I swapped it for a brand new optoma projector which cost about the same as the Mitsubish's lamp and has lamps closer to 100 in cost itself.

Not exactly this model but not far off. Optoma HD145X 1080p Home Entertainment Projector https://amzn.eu/d/02EfADg
                                                                                                      Do a bit of math with room dimensions to figure out screen size needed from distance available, or whether this means you should be getting a short throw projector.

Comment

This setup would not need the shield as has Android built in, and 4k....

Optoma's range of DLP home & business projectors, interactive flat panel displays, LED displays, projection screens & accessories.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post

I was talking about this the other day with a girl who must be in the same year as your eldest. I hope your daughter is doing more productive things with her transition year placements than the so called mentoring I'm supposed to be doing with her.
                                                                                                          I think she's doing OK with her placements.
                                                                                                          So far she's done:
                                                                                                          • a week in a tech startup
                                                                                                          • a week in a primary school in Mayo

Next up is:
                                                                                                          • a week in the CRC
                                                                                                          • a week in the RNLI Howth
                                                                                                          It is hard enough to get places though, especially as it appears all the schools do the placements at the same time.

Comment

Last call for the 2023 Multi Sport Competition. Arguably the best multi-sport competition on IPB.
                                                                                                            Simply predict a winner of the big sporting events of the year (US Masters, Wimbledon, Tour De France , 6 Nations, NBA etc), - score points for good picks, most points wins a decent pot.
                                                                                                            All details in posts #1-3. Closing date Saturday evening.

2023 Multi Sport Competition - Irish Poker Boards

Comment

Joe rogan is definitely some kind of psy op to kill off brain cells in young men- that Huberman guy who gets posted here is part of the Rogan verse too - which isn’t a good reflection on him
                                                                                                              worst stuff is the comedians he promotes- bert Kreischer, Theo Avon etc - brain damagingly unfunny

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                                                Lazare Whats the going rate these days for an automatic window blind, 1800 opening. ?

Talking retail here but anywhere from €120 to €400 for the blind itself dependent on fabric choice.

We've three different types of options then in terms of tech. Can be USB-C charged battery or 230v mains motor.

Bluetooth motor that you can control with your phone within Bluetooth range. Can store up to 3x timers on the motor that will activate whether you're there or not. Regular firmware & software updates, improvements etc. That retails around €240 for an 1800mm blind. Bigger motor for blinds over 5m2.

You can add a WiFi bridge then for more dynamic automation, voice activation, control from anywhere in the world. Sunrise/sunset timers. They can be offset too which is cool. Mine go down 10 mins before the sun sets every day, ideal for this latitude. That device retails for €200 for 10m range, and €350 for 20m.

Then theres a system called EveMotionBlinds. That has Thread tech inside so forms a mesh network along with any/all other thread devices, and is Matter ready.
                                                                                                                It's currently best suited to people in the Apple ecosystem, but will open up to Android users much more broadly when Matter launches.

Some cool automation with that one, motion sensors, smart plugs, weather stations that paired up with a heat reflecting fabric can keep a room cool automatically, protect flooring, art, furniture etc. An outdoor luminosity sensor that does similar, will sense when sunlight is too strong and drop your blind. That motor retails about €365 for 1800mm.

Prices all on top of the blind price.

Pretty cool stuff.

There are more simple motorised blinds for better prices but the market is hungry for smart and intuitive. We're doing well with them.

I'll look after you obv if you fancied one.

Comment

In honor of Gabe Kaplan's retirement from High Stakes Poker, we're bringing you the full first episode of Season 10 for free on YouTube.

Comment

Talking retail here but anywhere from €120 to €400 for the blind itself dependent on fabric choice.

We've three different types of options then in terms of tech. Can be USB-C charged battery or 230v mains motor.

Bluetooth motor that you can control with your phone within Bluetooth range. Can store up to 3x timers on the motor that will activate whether you're there or not. Regular firmware & software updates, improvements etc. That retails around €240 for an 1800mm blind. Bigger motor for blinds over 5m2.

You can add a WiFi bridge then for more dynamic automation, voice activation, control from anywhere in the world. Sunrise/sunset timers. They can be offset too which is cool. Mine go down 10 mins before the sun sets every day, ideal for this latitude. That device retails for €200 for 10m range, and €350 for 20m.

Then theres a system called EveMotionBlinds. That has Thread tech inside so forms a mesh network along with any/all other thread devices, and is Matter ready.
                                                                                                                    It's currently best suited to people in the Apple ecosystem, but will open up to Android users much more broadly when Matter launches.

Some cool automation with that one, motion sensors, smart plugs, weather stations that paired up with a heat reflecting fabric can keep a room cool automatically, protect flooring, art, furniture etc. An outdoor luminosity sensor that does similar, will sense when sunlight is too strong and drop your blind. That motor retails about €365 for 1800mm.

Prices all on top of the blind price.

Pretty cool stuff.

There are more simple motorised blinds for better prices but the market is hungry for smart and intuitive. We're doing well with them.

I'll look after you obv if you fancied one.
                                                                                                                    Thats a lot of info for a hungover man. Let me digest....

USB-C, standalone remote, up and down at the push of a button, thats enough of a jump tech wise for me, I am 50 after all !

Went looking for new gas hob today...dont hate me but we are changing to induction So much easier clean, nicer style wise also.
                                                                                                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post

Thats a lot of info for a hungover man. Let me digest....

USB-C, standalone remote, up and down at the push of a button, thats enough of a jump tech wise for me, I am 50 after all !

Went looking for new gas hob today...dont hate me but we are changing to induction So much easier clean, nicer style wise also.
                                                                                                                      I made that switch myself recently too. A little getting used to but I think it's superb.

Only downside is it's not as good as gas for wok cooking. I'm lucky mine is well seasoned, wouldn't be any point buying a new one.

Make sure you get cookware designed specifically for induction, rather than stuff that says it works on everything. Cast iron works amazingly.

Let me know if you want further info on that blind, I'll help you out on it.

Comment

I feel like I must either have entered some parallel universe or else I'm having delusions. I can hear SF voices on the radio talking with great sanctimony about standards in public office when it comes to funding political parties.

But that can't be happening, can it? Unless my calendar has malfunctioned and it's April 1st.
                                                                                                                        Would have to say this post aged extremely well.

What a bunch of fucking hypocrites SF are.

Comment

Interesting survey about North-South interaction today:
                                                                                                                          1. 2/3 of people in the south say they have no friends in NI
                                                                                                                          2. 80% say they have no relations there
                                                                                                                          3. Over 50% say they have not travelled across the border in the last 5 years
                                                                                                                          Is that common to IPBers? Seems mad to me but WTF do I know.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X