This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post

Going to Italy for a snow holiday for a week; I'm snowboarding but every other person, adult or child (and there are about 20 of us in total I think) will be skiing. Haven't been on a board since 2016 or so, will be slow going as I was never that good and am happy pottering around on the blue slopes. Looks like it is VERY cold in Passo Tonale these days, so will be interesting to see how the kids take it. The 2 year old will be in the hotel creche each day, while the almost 5 year old will be in the ski school and no doubt will be among the best in the group by the end of the week!
    Very good. I'm heading to Livigno myself in two weeks but leaving the wife and baby at home. The small fella will be two in June, be interested to hear how ye get on doing a snow holiday with your two as I'm anxious to get herself back on the slopes asap to help insure I can continue to go at least once a year until I'm dead. Do you know what's the youngest they take them in the ski schools?

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
      Never knew Kathryn Thomas was considered a pin-up..
      She (back then, don't know about now) looked grand on the telly, but then in-person was hot as anything.
      "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post

she's married to Rickie Fowler now. where does ballet girl fit into your criteria? that's another blast from the past
        Originally posted by Wombatman View Post

Blue dress girl disgusted at omission.
        I completely forgot about ballet girl and blue dress girl.

To my shame, I'm struggling to remember exactly what ballet girl looks like but I have a weird memory of mentally putting her ahead of blue dress girl (and even pole vault girl) in the wank bank so it probably should be;

Ballet Girl
        Pole Vault Girl
        FAS Girl
        Blue Dress Girl
        Heyday Kathryn Thomas
        2023 Kathryn Thomas

Comment

Lest ye forget the real winner.. the Goat hawtness imo

Last edited by Solksjaer!; 24-01-23, 16:00.

Comment

What about girl in car gif bouncing all over the place...woof!!

Kathryn Thomas - very nice but something a bit weird about her jawline or mouth or something

Cancel Solks for mentioning Africa in a joke

I presume wanting to be called 'they' or one of the now 100 plus genders will be all the rage soon.

Comment

Putting on jeans gif girl gotta be challenging for top spot.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post

To my shame, I'm struggling to remember exactly what ballet girl looks like but I have a weird memory of mentally putting her ahead of blue dress girl (and even pole vault girl) in the wank bank so it probably should be;

Ballet Girl
                Pole Vault Girl
                FAS Girl
                Blue Dress Girl
                Heyday Kathryn Thomas
                2023 Kathryn Thomas

please remove Kathryn Thomas from that list. i've pulled prettier girls than her ffs. this list is about fantasies, not run of the mill prettyish ordinary girls

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post

please remove Kathryn Thomas from that list. i've pulled prettier girls than her ffs. this list is about fantasies, not run of the mill prettyish ordinary girls

She was included to highlight how ordinary, run of the mill she is, hence the big gap between her and the rest.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                    Do you know what's the youngest they take them in the ski schools?
                    Yes, it is from age 4 (we're going with TUI, but I assume the ski school is operated by the hotel, and that hotels generally are all the same with regard the ages!)

Comment

Originally posted by dinekes View Post

I presume wanting to be called 'they' or one of the now 100 plus genders will be all the rage soon.
                      When I was covering sick leave in the school last year, one student asked that I refer to her as "they/them" after the first time I referred to her as she. I'd forgotten about it until this Burke lad surfaced recently which shows how insignificant it was to call her what she wanted to be called.

Nobody batted an eyelid and I said OK no problem. Literally doesn't make a single bit of difference to me but meant the world to her. That Burke lad is just a complete moron.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post

When I was covering sick leave in the school last year, one student asked that I refer to her as "they/them" after the first time I referred to her as she. I'd forgotten about it until this Burke lad surfaced recently which shows how insignificant it was to call her what she wanted to be called.

Nobody batted an eyelid and I said OK no problem. Literally doesn't make a single bit of difference to me but meant the world to her. That Burke lad is just a complete moron.
                        Not defending Burke here by the way.
                        ​​​​​
                        I wonder though with that BBC documentary thing out a while back...apparently there are 100 genders and there were teachers explaining to really young kids that they can be X, y, z etc. Bit confusing for them I would think but maybe they take it all in their stride.

You are going to have messers and people being deliberately awkward demanding to be called by chosen pronouns though.

I think it's fair to question people's motivations as regards their requests/demands re gender identity. In some cases it seems manipulative.

Haven't come across it in my small sphere though but probably wouldn't give much of a bollox If I was pronoun checked.

Comment

What if she wanted to be called he?
                          Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Rare green comet on view at the moment....last seen 50,000 years ago. Brightest next Tue or Wed. In the vicinity of the North Star ...in case anyone is interested. Probably need binoculars for this one.

Comment

I've only seen 5x 231D cars on the road. All high end.

2x Porsches.
                              1x Range Rover
                              1x Audi jeep
                              1x sporty BMW

Is Joe Soap not buying new cars?
                              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

​​​​​
                                I wonder though with that BBC documentary thing out a while back...apparently there are 100 genders and there were teachers explaining to really young kids that they can be X, y, z etc. Bit confusing for them I would think but maybe they take it all in their stride.

You are going to have messers and people being deliberately awkward demanding to be called by chosen pronouns though.

I think it's fair to question people's motivations as regards their requests/demands re gender identity. In some cases it seems manipulative.

Haven't come across it in my small sphere though but probably wouldn't give much of a bollox If I was pronoun checked.
                                I would assume that schools have policies in place (or will very soon after this crap) about how to go about this. Presumably it'll need to be a request from child and a parent, which would then stop Johnny Gobsheen asking to be referred to as a kettle or whatever.

I haven't been asked to address anyone I know/deal with by a pronoun different to how I'd imagine it should be, but if I was, then other than just forgetting about it, it's no skin off my nose. You'd need to be an awful thick cunt in this day and age to just outright refuse.

Comment

What if she wanted to be called he?
                                  What difference would it have made? I'd have called her he if she wanted. It was just "they" in my specific example.

Comment

Just call everyone "it", problem solved.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                      Just call everyone "it", problem solved.
                                      As an experiment try that with your missus and get back with the results. I'll bring grapes

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post

I would assume that schools have policies in place (or will very soon after this crap) about how to go about this. Presumably it'll need to be a request from child and a parent, which would then stop Johnny Gobsheen asking to be referred to as a kettle or whatever.

I haven't been asked to address anyone I know/deal with by a pronoun different to how I'd imagine it should be, but if I was, then other than just forgetting about it, it's no skin off my nose. You'd need to be an awful thick cunt in this day and age to just outright refuse.
                                        Interesting word , which is gender neutral despite being gender specific. You now have to say bollix, cunt to be inclusive .

Comment

I was talking in work today about concepts of 'context switching' and 'role emulation'. Joked on a call that they sounded like gender reassignment.

Thought I was gonna be cancelled for about 2 seconds. Everyone laughed thankfully.
                                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

Find some local teenager to babysit (Jesus, when I think back on the succession of clueless kids we quite happily left our kids in charge of. Or possibly vice versa. ).

OR, take the kids with you and go into town (kids LOVE public transport) and introduce them to some flavours on a Saturday afternoon.
                                            That's what we do.

Action Saturday/Sunday Funday
                                            Wander around town and in the last few months have introduced her to
                                            sushi, ramen, mezz (bethlaham in rathmines, a real treat), indian, chinese (not curry and rice stuff), potstickers, bao, korean
                                            and all manner of things that dont appear on the standard goujons and chips kids menu.
                                            Some of it goes over more than others but I think she'll be the better for it i nthe long run

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

That's what we do.

Action Saturday/Sunday Funday
                                              Wander around town and in the last few months have introduced her to
                                              sushi, ramen, mezz (bethlaham in rathmines, a real treat), indian, chinese (not curry and rice stuff), potstickers, bao, korean
                                              and all manner of things that dont appear on the standard goujons and chips kids menu.
                                              Some of it goes over more than others but I think she'll be the better for it i nthe long run
                                              Love this, so many options for recreation and cultural awareness in Dublin that we often overlook. Many ways to string a cat.

Comment

What difference would it have made? I'd have called her he if she wanted. It was just "they" in my specific example.
                                                I agree, it’d be fairly obtuse to call her something different. I’d probably just try and avoid it though for fear of forgetting and messing up.

It does strike me as odd as to how kids suddenly have these thoughts. Is it all being led by their parents i wonder. It wasn’t there in my time, which wasn’t that long ago, but certainly simpler times.

Comment

Originally posted by Degag View Post

I agree, it’d be fairly obtuse to call her something different. I’d probably just try and avoid it though for fear of forgetting and messing up.

It does strike me as odd as to how kids suddenly have these thoughts. Is it all being led by their parents i wonder. It wasn’t there in my time, which wasn’t that long ago, but certainly simpler times.
                                                  Not parent-led at all. Kids going down internet rabbit holes.

Comment

Not parent-led at all. Kids going down internet rabbit holes.
                                                    Yeah, but rightly or wrongly parents must still be facilitating it.

Comment

Yeah, but rightly or wrongly parents must still be facilitating it.
                                                      Sure most of them have no idea what the right response is. How could you?

Comment

My mother was beaten for writing with her left hand. I'd say kids have more options of expressing themselves and experimenting now and can get away with not adhering to norms pushed on them.

Comment

Are kids suddenly having these thoughts or they have always had these thoughts but only only now feel comfortable voicing them? Your experience is exactly that and isn't reflective of your entire generation.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post

Ballet Girl
                                                            Pole Vault Girl
                                                            FAS Girl
                                                            Blue Dress Girl
                                                            Heyday Kathryn Thomas
                                                            2023 Kathryn Thomas

Ballet Girl was Nicky Whelan.

Comment

Sure most of them have no idea what the right response is. How could you?
                                                              I’m not a parent so i could be totally wrong.

But i’d think by questioning them on their thoughts, beliefs, feelings etc and trying to determine if they are real or if something else is at play. Easier said than done i guess.

Ultimately young (especially) people who go and take steps to try and change their gender are making some serious life decisions that will affect their whole lives so it should be an absolute considered decision. I just wonder if it always is.

Comment

I would guess that there are a lot more openly gay kids in secondary school these days. But I wouldn’t assume that more kids are having those thoughts.

That’s not to say that nobody is prepping their kids for these attitude as part of an agenda. But I’d assume that’s more of an American thing where people will sell their granny to get a spot in the limelight.

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post

Are kids suddenly having these thoughts or they have always had these thoughts but only only now feel comfortable voicing them? Your experience is exactly that and isn't reflective of your entire generation.
                                                                  Yep, for sure.

Comment

I don't remember blue dress girl, although I do remember the title.

Would quite like to see that gif of the blond in the car again.

Last edited by hotspur; 24-01-23, 23:40.

Comment

Last of us (only 2 ep in) holy moly
                                                                      His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

I’m not a parent so i could be totally wrong.

But i’d think by questioning them on their thoughts, beliefs, feelings etc and trying to determine if they are real or if something else is at play. Easier said than done i guess.

Ultimately young (especially) people who go and take steps to try and change their gender are making some serious life decisions that will affect their whole lives so it should be an absolute considered decision. I just wonder if it always is.
                                                                        Read up on the troubled history of the Tavistock Clinic and that will give some interesting insights.

Comment

Ze Krauts finally giving the OK to Ukraine getting their hands on their tanks. Could be highly significant if/when their offensives resume after the winter.
                                                                          Big Scholz speech today and seems as though the Yanks are going to give them tanks too. I'm no expert on military hardware but the aid now seems to be skewed towards offensive 'things'. If the NATO weaponry really is as superior to the outdated Soviet crap as experts suggest, and the Ukrainians are trained how to use it effectively (and they seem to be very quick learners), then we could see more dramatic moves as early as April. Here's hoping.

Comment

Mammy's boy Burke showed up at school again today. Creepy man hanging around outside school endlessly is defo a good look

Comment

filedata/fetch?id=1730338&d=1674639750&type=thumb
                                                                              Originally posted by Ed View Post
                                                                              Mammy's boy Burke showed up at school again today. Creepy man hanging around outside school endlessly is defo a good look
                                                                              You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                                                                              This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

The video of him sloping in when a car drove through the open gates was extremely dodgy.
                                                                                ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Big Scholz speech today and seems as though the Yanks are going to give them tanks too. I'm no expert on military hardware but the aid now seems to be skewed towards offensive 'things'. If the NATO weaponry really is as superior to the outdated Soviet crap as experts suggest, and the Ukrainians are trained how to use it effectively (and they seem to be very quick learners), then we could see more dramatic moves as early as April. Here's hoping.
                                                                                  I hope none of the tanks reach the CityWest stronghold. Our cops will be wiped out.

Comment

Last time German tanks went to that part of the world didn't end too well for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                      Ballet Girl was Nicky Whelan.
                                                                                      Confirmed number 1

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                        Putting on jeans gif girl gotta be challenging for top spot.
                                                                                        i went looking for her as she was gorgeous also!!

Attached Files

Comment

Between the Burke stuff (+family) and anti-everything fascists grifting as patriotic protesters worried about housing etc. I really dislike this timeline and it could do with a reboot.

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                                                                            Between the Burke stuff (+family) and anti-everything fascists grifting as patriotic protesters worried about housing etc. I really dislike this timeline and it could do with a reboot.
                                                                                            Take heart from the fact that most people think Burke + family are loons and he cuts a very isolated figure. If it was the US he would be surrounded by hoards of placard wielding MAGA goblins.
                                                                                            Last edited by Wombatman; 25-01-23, 11:39.
                                                                                            Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

​​​​​

Speaking to my teenage niece from NI about this over Christmas, and yep there's a made array of genders now that they are made familiar with in UK schools. Who cares though, I suppose. Like if there's 30 kids in a class and you need to remember 30 names, what difference does it make if there's also 30 genders on top of it. Its not like gender will be used much in class discussion, and its easy to simply communicate without any gender reference.

There's biological genders - male and female reproductive organs - but gender itself as it is treated within society is a social construct. I guess it could be viewed as quite restrictive to just have the one style of social behaviour and expectations that is based on your biological organs.

Comment

Yeah, actually changing biological genders seems mad, and you would hope it is only in the most extreme circumstances. It just can't be healthy to be doing that to the body.

Comment

Take heart from the fact that most people think Burke + family are loons and he cuts a very isolated figure. If it was the US he would be surrounded by hoards of placard wielding MAGA goblins.
                                                                                                  The Burke stuff is awful for the affected people no doubt and unpleasant to see. You're right though, thankfully it is a small and localised problem. Media coverage is disproportionate IMO.

Unfortunately, there is a sizeable number of loons wanting to MIGA with nothing better to be doing with their time. Ireland has its significant challenges without question, but we are a highly successful and developed country by most metrics. These loons couldn't begin to argue what was greater in the past. Knuckledraggers saying "I blame dem foreigners" is about as far as the discussion goes.

That Barrett clown and fringe elements are stoking the local nimbys into something altogether different and MIGA is making an appearance. It's getting some coverage but I'm concerned that this could grow larger than we think. An EDL clone could spawn if it already isn't in place.Now that there's no anti lockdown/covid denial stuff to focus on, a lot of these clowns have a void to fill with the next "truth". The various social/economic challenges (housing, fuel, heating/electricity, cost of living) and the Ukraine war are a lovely little key to this pandora's box.

Comment

Can we go back to talking about golf, pensions and the BBV highlights of the 2010s instead?

I'm blaming dry January for my pessimistic outlook.

Comment

Can we go back to talking about golf, pensions and the BBV highlights of the 2010s instead?

I'm blaming dry January for my pessimistic outlook.
                                                                                                      Not just for you.

There is a 5 + hour Gary Moore tribute in the Button factory 11th Feb - 20 quid. or Turin Brakes in Whelans this weekend . . No need to ponder the arid mundanity of Jan. Lifes too short . Get out and enjoy yourself .
                                                                                                      Eddie Rockets Spice plate beforehand ( none of yer fancy nosh needed ) Chapter 1 me bollix :-)

Comment

2023 Multi Sport Competition open for entries.
                                                                                                        Simply predict a winner of the big sporting events of the year (US Masters, Wimbledon, Tour De France , 6 Nations, NBA etc), - score points for good picks, most points wins a decent pot.
                                                                                                        All details in posts #1-3. Closing date Saturday evening.

2023 Multi Sport Competition - Irish Poker Boards

Comment

The gender thing is maybe still to come, but my big life parenting contribution came last night when I prevented the daughter from emailing in her class powerpoint presentation all about Anne Frank's dairy.*

* a more minor contribution was noting that maybe there didn't need to be that amount of exclamation marks in a presentation that was fundamentally about a little girl dying

Comment

Blue dress was/is Denise Milani. Still looking well at 46.

Comment

Here they would be gobbaloons.

Comment

Weatherspoons shutting 40 pubs seems like brit_endgame. If not even a weatherspoons can stay afloat, what hope for everything else.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                                  Weatherspoons shutting 40 pubs seems like brit_endgame. If not even a weatherspoons can stay afloat, what hope for everything else.
                                                                                                                  My only experience was piss poor in a Midlands Airport. Food was inedible reheated frozen crap and 15 mins waiting for a bottle of beer. Their owner is known for treating staff like shite. Never a good sign of health for any business.

Comment

My only experience was piss poor in a Midlands Airport. Food was inedible reheated frozen crap and 15 mins waiting for a bottle of beer. Their owner is known for treating staff like shite. Never a good sign of health for any business.
                                                                                                                    Yeah. Although airport pubs tend to be brutal at the best of times. They were always handy for an 8am no-judgement pint when I lived in the UK. Was in the one in the IFSC a while back and it was quite class to be honest. Prices were almost half of any other pub, and a nice feel to the place.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

Speaking to my teenage niece from NI about this over Christmas, and yep there's a made array of genders now that they are made familiar with in UK schools. Who cares though, I suppose. Like if there's 30 kids in a class and you need to remember 30 names, what difference does it make if there's also 30 genders on top of it. Its not like gender will be used much in class discussion, and its easy to simply communicate without any gender reference.

There's biological genders - male and female reproductive organs - but gender itself as it is treated within society is a social construct. I guess it could be viewed as quite restrictive to just have the one style of social behaviour and expectations that is based on your biological organs.
                                                                                                                      I would imagine their would be a spectrum of reactions from teachers about it. I would say most would be ok with it in terms of managing it. Like Dobby was saying it was no big deal. Some might be irritated or uncomfortable etc or afraid not to support it in fear of cancellation.

It's really from the kids point of view being taught or bring influenced that there are all these genders available to them. (That BBC thing was taken down off YouTube recently by the way)
                                                                                                                      Surely that's going to cause some confusion in young impressionable minds. And some more than others obviously.
                                                                                                                      School in the UK had 60 gender identity changes recently (think it was after lockdown) 1 in 15 kids
                                                                                                                      How likely is it that exposure to this ideology (for want of a better word) would lead to harmful outcomes?
                                                                                                                      Gender reassignment the biggie...or complicating the array of issues that kids face growing up. Like a relatively common or garden depression/nervous disorder now becomes fused with a gender identity crisis complicating diagnosis and recovery.

It seems, and again this is from very limited exposure to media, that there is a vocal minority on social media driving this type of thing and as RD3 pointed out kids go down internet rabbit holes.
                                                                                                                      Ah shure look it, it will probably be grand.

Comment

The percentage of U.S. adults who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender has increased to 7.1%. This is driven by high LGBT self-identification, particularly as bisexual, among Generation Z adults.

Trending towards 100% lgbt

Comment

Possibly how you end up with societies like the Japanese and Korean's where the average woman is having 0.8 kids. Who will pay for our mine and zuuts gold-plated pensions?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X