Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone any insight into what Dublin airport is like to get through these days? Have a Saturday morning flight (09.45) and trying to assess my travel options.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
      Anyone any insight into what Dublin airport is like to get through these days? Have a Saturday morning flight (09.45) and trying to assess my travel options.
      We went for a 9.50 flight (AL) last Friday am, arrived at 8.30 and we were through the security checks in under 5 mins, no queues at all.

Once you avoid that big blast of first-thing flights, seems grand
      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

D1) Ability to kidnap minor celebrities while wearing said mask

KT5_zps7f69f325.png
        A prize to anyone who can name all 3 villains in this shot

Comment

A prize to anyone who can name all 3 villains in this shot
          BCB / Kathryn Thomas / Newbie2?
          ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Wait, should I ask what the prize is first?
            ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Hatedajacks maybe?

Comment

Your wan getting the cash machine call today for €106k and not knowing the amount.

Sick. I think I'd be still standing in that spot staring at my phone.

I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                  Unless they call it Dubalin Towen you've failed in your duty imo
                  As much as I like the sing song Dublin accent in parts, I shall be kicking the extra syllable out of their accent should it reach their lips. Accents are kind of crazy though. My mothers family grew up in New Street and are/were all well spoken. My own siblings (of which there are 10) all have different accents. One of my sisters has the most annoying D4 accent (far from D4 etc) that he took up in her late teens I think and now has it off to a t. A different Sister has the mammyiest accent you are likely to hear (since birth) , calls everyone chicken . (wtf). It’s hilarious when they are debating after a few bevs. The marbles falls out of one and into the other. Most of the brothers have a neutral accent. Although one wouldn’t be out of place in Finglas West. I think Drimnagh where I grew up had a great mix of different folk. Plenty of mad culchies . Houses -> No 42 Culchies, 44 Dubs , 46 Culchies, 48, Dubs 50 knackers, etc etc (probably ate in all their gaffs) a sting of headcases and characters. Todays people don’t even know the folk living beside them . Community is something you have to work at or you simply lose it.

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post

BCB / Kathryn Thomas / Newbie2?
                    fail

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                      Hatedajacks maybe?
                      correct, although fail as you didn't note the other 2

Comment

We're flying out of Dublin airport this Saturday at 6.15 - two adults, one 4 year old and one 2 year old. Yes, it is going to be fun! Hoping to get there for 4.30 (have to check luggage), hope that will be fine.

Comment

correct, although fail as you didn't note the other 2
                          Harsh.

Comment

Harsh.
                            let's see what you could have won:

3_JS146929984.jpg

Comment

LOL, for reasons of nostalgia, I found the review of the Kathryn Thomas evening in the RR thread.

Hoping that Lao's upcoming evening out is a worthy 10-year reunion.

Comment

We'll do a harder one: who is that (un) masked man at right of picture?

KT1_zps53844b92.png

Comment

Bubbleking I think.

Comment

Bubbleking I think.
                                    Was only thinking about him the other day, did he go on to be a surgeon in the end does anybody know ?
                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Seeing as you are all talking about Revolut, couple of dumb questions:
                                      1. I have my Revolut account set up and two of my kids have cards. Is it possible to set up Mrs D3 as a second parent account so she can transfer them $$$, see what they are spending where? can't see how\where to do this.
                                      2. For Google Pay, my AIB cards have just stopped working. (the card comes up to auto-complete with the CCV same as usual but when you enter it, the form fails to complete. Manually typing in the details works.) Anyone else got same? All other cards work fine.
                                      Number 2 has been happening to me for some time now, v annoying. Aib card works fine when enteredt manually into a site, but not when the prompt box for the ccv comes up or Google pay.
                                      airport, lol

Comment

Bubbleking I think.
                                        fail, again

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                          We're flying out of Dublin airport this Saturday at 6.15 - two adults, one 4 year old and one 2 year old. Yes, it is going to be fun! Hoping to get there for 4.30 (have to check luggage), hope that will be fine.
                                          It'll be fine. Ask someone in a pink jacket if they are operating a family lane ( dunno if it's always on) if not they might do you a turn and skip ya up a bit anyway.

Regardless you'll still be through in 15 mins at a guess
                                          airport, lol

Comment

I'll give you one last chance to make amends zuut: who is this?

Pig2_zpsba952744.png

Comment

The HorseHead Elitist, not the pig obv.

Comment

We'll do a harder one: who is that (un) masked man at right of picture?

KT1_zps53844b92.png
                                                Rounders?

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post

Rounders?
                                                  winner!

Comment

Bubbleking I think.
                                                    I'd have gone with this too

Comment

So now we're down to the pig-worshipping HorseHead for the trifecta

Comment

Why do anarchists only drink herbal tea?

SPOILER
                                                        Because all proper tea is theft

Comment

I'm so confident that's BK that I'm calling senility on RD.

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                            Where are ye headed?

Comment

I'm so confident that's BK that I'm calling senility on RD.
                                                              I might be senile but that is most definitely not BK.

Comment

Zuut just a sore loser imo. Note his lack of attempts at the bonus round.

Comment

Hadn't heard about this before

Comment

Report on it here

Comment

Just checked the oil tank for the last time ever (annoyingly just about 3in left in it so will need a top-up to tide us over until the retrofit is done). Our windows and doors have arrived at Mr Retrofit so good to go as soon as the ****king ESB do their bit which I've now been waiting 18 weeks on.
                                                                      ESB are absolutely the weakest link in any home retrofit. We're waiting since September for them to do a ten minute job so the exterior can be insulated.
                                                                      "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

BK didn't come out that night. You didn't either! This was the celebration of some horse doing something in Cheltenham.

btw that Chip War book you recommended a few weeks ago is pure class. Thanks!

Comment

LOL, for reasons of nostalgia, I found the review of the Kathryn Thomas evening in the RR thread.

Hoping that Lao's upcoming evening out is a worthy 10-year reunion.
                                                                          ha that's a brill review. Katryn was just ridic hot. Wonder who the current generation Irish hot stuff is. The 2023 equivalent of FAS girl and Katryn.

Comment

LOLmacud crokes
                                                                            looks like the GAA are going to be shamed into enforcing their own rules and replaying the final for the extra man (or 2?) on the pitch at the end. Farce
                                                                            Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

The Last of Us actually living up to the hype- very well done
                                                                              Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

I think the law will have to skirt the fine line between 'unlawfully killed' and 'tragic accident'.
                                                                                Be interesting to see how it goes.
                                                                                They aren’t really mutually exclusive though. It was unquestionably a tragic accident. But that doesn’t mean it lawful. The accidental nature is implied by the “involuntary” charge.

The question is whether anyones action leading to the death were criminally negligent. Obviously full details haven’t come out yet, but from what we know, negligence does seem highly probably.

FWIW the assistant director also charged, and has plead guilty to misdemeanour negligence.

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                I wonder though if, say, a worker killed on a construction site, would you see the CEO brought into court on involuntary manslaughter charges? Maybe they would. Seems though like the prosecution is driven by him being famous.
                                                                                If the CEO was the one who ran a worker over in a forklift, then he probably should be in court tbh. If he company were criminally negligent leading to the death, then also facing issues.

Baldwin wasn’t some executive in an office miles away. He pulled the trigger. Although, he denied that. There’s a lot of finger pointing. The only way to get to the bottom of it to put it before the court.

Comment

I might be senile but that is most definitely not BK.
                                                                                  It's you!
                                                                                  I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

The 2023 equivalent of FAS girl and Katryn.
                                                                                    Putting those 2 in the same sentence

RDIII, no idea who other masked man is.

Comment

Originally posted by MysteryGuest View Post
                                                                                      LOLmacud crokes
                                                                                      looks like the GAA are going to be shamed into enforcing their own rules and replaying the final for the extra man (or 2?) on the pitch at the end. Farce
                                                                                      Definitely a woman. - yer never happy.

Comment

Yer wan Kathryn Thomas is still hot imo

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                          Hadn't heard about this before

Is there a free link to the story. Not curios enough to pay 8.99

Edit: It's ok I found it cheers
                                                                                          Last edited by limpwhacker; 24-01-23, 09:29.

Comment

Enoch back at school again apparently.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

It's you!
                                                                                              I'm in the brown jacket.

It's rounders. 100% (even though he's not wearing a French rugby shirt from the 1980s).

Comment

Putting those 2 in the same sentence

RDIII, no idea who other masked man is.
                                                                                                It's the man, the myth, the legend that is KP Nuts.

Comment

Originally posted by Degag View Post
                                                                                                  Enoch back at school again apparently.
                                                                                                  He's a persistent man tbf.

Comment

Originally posted by MysteryGuest View Post
                                                                                                    LOLmacud crokes
                                                                                                    Shame to see the nordy angle-shooters rewarded. Everyone knows the Dubs put 110% effort onto the pitch.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post

Where are ye headed?
                                                                                                      Going to Italy for a snow holiday for a week; I'm snowboarding but every other person, adult or child (and there are about 20 of us in total I think) will be skiing. Haven't been on a board since 2016 or so, will be slow going as I was never that good and am happy pottering around on the blue slopes. Looks like it is VERY cold in Passo Tonale these days, so will be interesting to see how the kids take it. The 2 year old will be in the hotel creche each day, while the almost 5 year old will be in the ski school and no doubt will be among the best in the group by the end of the week!

Comment

Athletics Pole vaulter girl >>>>>>>>>>>> FAS Girl >>>>>>>>>>>> Kathryn Thomas (in her heyday) >>>>>>>>>>> Kathryn Thomas (2023 version)

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post

Athletics Pole vaulter girl >>>>>>>>>>>> FAS Girl >>>>>>>>>>>> Kathryn Thomas (in her heyday) >>>>>>>>>>> Kathryn Thomas (2023 version)
                                                                                                          Pics of all 3 or i'll egg your front door .

Comment

Athletics Pole vaulter girl
                                                                                                            she's married to Rickie Fowler now. where does ballet girl fit into your criteria? that's another blast from the past

Comment

just finished watching bad sisters. fantastic little Irish series (albeit a remake of a Flemish series) with some brilliant moments. really enjoyable.

Comment

Blue dress girl disgusted at omission.
                                                                                                                Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post

Blue dress girl disgusted at omission.
                                                                                                                  Was that the pow pow pow girl ?

Oh yes , glaring omission .

Comment

He's a persistent man tbf.
                                                                                                                    He's going to end up in the clink again and having assets sequestered. Himself and family hounded the people at the final hearing. Not to mention afterwards in the hotel and on the way out. Gardai had to step in and calm it down. It's not too far away from me and I just find it bizarre to think of it happening. The level of collective derrangement in that family and associates is beyond concerning.

Anyone I know that's close-ish to the school is tangential to the situation and saying little. Head shaking and shoulder shrugging in disbelief with hope that it's dealt with soon. Students and parents are livid though, it's quite disrupting as you'd imagine. There's a genuine safety concern of a.n. nutter(s) turning up and hanging around.

Comment

Oldies.

Just had some financial good news . The kid I was sponsoring in Africa was eaten by a lion today. So a fiver better off .

Comment

Its some story all the same. Proper no-holds-barred lunacy.

Comment

Never knew Kathryn Thomas was considered a pin-up..

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X