This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

I think the law will have to skirt the fine line between 'unlawfully killed' and 'tragic accident'.
    Be interesting to see how it goes.
    I heard that the liability is on him as the producer of the movie, and not just on him holding the gun at the time.
    The armourer is also liable for the situation.
    ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

I wonder though if, say, a worker killed on a construction site, would you see the CEO brought into court on involuntary manslaughter charges? Maybe they would. Seems though like the prosecution is driven by him being famous.
      "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post

I heard that the liability is on him as the producer of the movie, and not just on him holding the gun at the time.
        The armourer is also liable for the situation.
        In terms of civil law, sure. But I don't understand the need to bring criminal charges of such magnitude. Smacks of a DA trying to increase their profile.
        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Good game on here between United and Arsenal. Odegaard running the show.
          This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
          All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
          The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Congrats to Kilmacud acrokes on purchasing the all Ireland club title
            Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

Want to bring my mate and his wife out to dinner next month.

What would be the consensus recommendation?

That Mr. Fox place I've heard mentioned?
              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Would like to try Michael's in Mount Merrion too, but will be swayed.

Bear in mind that a night out for dinner is a biannual event.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                  I wonder though if, say, a worker killed on a construction site, would you see the CEO brought into court on involuntary manslaughter charges? Maybe they would. Seems though like the prosecution is driven by him being famous.
                  Seems bizarre unless theres something to point that he would have some knowledge of a live round, but as the way with most strange cases in media, it's probable we don't have the full details
                  airport, lol

Comment

Yeah, they monetized DALL-E fairly quickly, so presumably the same for ChatGPT. I'd say it might be something like: everyone gets a few free generations a week, and usage above that is charged at €20-40 per month. Probably a bargain at whatever price they choose, as they'll want as much mass-market usage as possible. Filled in a form for premium access last week.
                    I used it today to write 3 simple GUI's in python, powershell and C#
                    All doing the same thing. Pretty amazing tbh how quickly it was able to do it.
                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                      Want to bring my mate and his wife out to dinner next month.

What would be the consensus recommendation?

That Mr. Fox place I've heard mentioned?
                      Mr fox is exceptional, was there before Xmas. Variety Jones is one of best meals I've had but I'd say a booking a month out is unlikely.

Depending on what you're looking for, consider big fan - finest of Asian style tapas. Or even grano in stoneybatter for amazing pasta. Theres really so many options for food. Dublin must be one of the best cities in Europe for food at the moment between fine dining and more casual stuff
                      airport, lol

Comment

LOLdinburgh

Feckin eejits kicked the ball out to kill the game for a win when they needed another few points on the board to get a home game v Ospreys instead they have to
                        travel to Leicester
                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post

Mr fox is exceptional, was there before Xmas. Variety Jones is one of best meals I've had but I'd say a booking a month out is unlikely.

Depending on what you're looking for, consider big fan - finest of Asian style tapas. Or even grano in stoneybatter for amazing pasta. Theres really so many options for food. Dublin must be one of the best cities in Europe for food at the moment between fine dining and more casual stuff
                          BigFan is class. Mister S also. Wouldn't be too bothered with Michael's. Its fancy in Dublin, but bogstandard Dingle. Not worth the mad price charged for it.

Comment

Though Variety Jones was great, until some point into the menu when started to feel uncomfortably full. Ruined the whole meal tbh. Surely its a basic task of a tasting menu to weigh up the portion sizes.

Comment

There is so many options now. Spent a day recently eating across Capel St and Parnell St

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

There is so many options now. Spent a day recently eating across Capel St and Parnell St
                                How many meals did you eat?

Comment

Not sure I can quantify how envious/jealous I am of being able to casually sample all Dublin has to offer.

Comment

How many meals did you eat?
                                    Went to Arisu, Abobana, couldn't get a spot in Hilan, then Hop House and finished up with Sichuan Chili King. Mostly street food so it lends itself to it.
                                    Last edited by Denny Crane; 22-01-23, 20:50.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                      Went to Arisu, Abobana, couldn't get a spot in Hilan, then Hop House and finished up with Sichuan Chili King.
                                      You could spend the week off those two streets. Have tried and loved all of those spots.

Notable mention to takara near Jervis luas for some of the best priced ramen around, not sure what happened in last couple of months but there's a consistent queue outside it for 7 days a week now, preferred when it was less known.
                                      airport, lol

Comment

You could spend the week off those two streets. Have tried and loved all of those spots.

Notable mention to takara near Jervis luas for some of the best priced ramen around, not sure what happened in last couple of months but there's a consistent queue outside it for 7 days a week now, preferred when it was less known.
                                        I was introduced to Takara recently, really good.

Ramen props too to Ninja Sushi on Lombard St.

Comment

Not sure I can quantify how envious/jealous I am of being able to casually sample all Dublin has to offer.
                                          You don't live in feckin' Mayo! You would be in town fairly handy, no?

Comment

Ze Krauts finally giving the OK to Ukraine getting their hands on their tanks. Could be highly significant if/when their offensives resume after the winter.

Comment

Best ramen is here up off camden https://www.nomoramen.ie/

Capel street is amazing for food, am always there since it is so close. Aobaba pho is top notch.

Small bit of sushi I ordered from takara:

BiClF3Il.jpg
                                              Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 22-01-23, 22:04.

Comment

Send a few tanks to LA ..

Even the BBV is immune to the countless shootings in the US. The solution is obvious but impossible. Shitshow of a self serving political landscape.
                                                meanwhile in Ireland there are zombies biting off fingersxand attacking hospital patients . Inagine if Joe Soap had a gun in Ireland. Dodge City.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                  Send a few tanks to LA ..

Even the BBV is immune to the countless shootings in the US. The solution is obvious but impossible. Shitshow of a self serving political landscape.
                                                  meanwhile in Ireland there are zombies biting off fingersxand attacking hospital patients . Inagine if Joe Soap had a gun in Ireland. Dodge City.
                                                  I mean, what do you want us to say that hasn't been said a thousand times? They've made their choice that any citizen, sanity irrelevant, who wants to arm themselves to the teeth can do so (state laws depending) and it seems as though all negative consequences are tolerable, in their eyes.

So it goes.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                    [/URL]Capel street is amazing for food, am always there since it is so close. Aobaba pho is top notch.
                                                    ]
                                                    I used to eat there a lot a few years ago. Can't say I ever really trusted the broth that the veg pho was in though.

Comment

I mean, what do you want us to say that hasn't been said a thousand times? They've made their choice that any citizen, sanity irrelevant, who wants to arm themselves to the teeth can do so (state laws depending) and it seems as though all negative consequences are tolerable, in their eyes.

So it goes.
                                                      Thoughts and prayers?

Comment

Hilan is a strong personal favourite, and my new teacher who is giving me one-on-one Chinese classes in advance of my July Beijing visit, was saying all the Chinese teachers rate it very highly, but it hasn't quite got the flavours right on a few recent visits. I wonder if they can't get the staff.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post

Same, but heard it's very good. Went to Eric Matthews (formerly of Chapter One) popup restaurant in Mamo in Howth on Friday. Was very good....a bit pricey but seemingly he's a big noise on Instagram so probably cashing in on that.
                                                          You did well to get tickets for it. The whole January pop up sold out in about two minutes.

I was at the one he did in Orwell Road last Sept. and it was very good.

During lockdown, he did a huge number of recipes on Instgram and gained a huge following.

He is meant to be opening his own place this year and I for one am looking forward to it.

Comment

You don't live in feckin' Mayo! You would be in town fairly handy, no?
                                                            Struggling to remember the last time we went out for dinner in Dublin.

Had a night out in The Stella about three years ago and that was our last outing.

Joys of three kids and very limited babysitting options.

Comment

Not poor mouthing btw. Spent every weekend of my thirties in town living it up.

Will spend every weekend of my late fifties doing the same.

Wouldn't swap what I have.

Comment

Not poor mouthing btw. Spent every weekend of my thirties in town living it up.

Will spend every weekend of my late fifties doing the same.

Wouldn't swap what I have.
                                                                Good man.

Mind the buses.

I am early 50s and getting used to that change. 2 kids 18 and 22. It's a fucking pain in the hole it doesn't come with the body that thought about this freedom

Comment

Absolutely is the case

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post

He is meant to be opening his own place this year and I for one am looking forward to it.
                                                                    Yea opening up in Ballsbridge. Nolan's in Clontarf offered him something but he didn't fancy they'd do much business for lunch or in weekdays.

Comment

Struggling to remember the last time we went out for dinner in Dublin.

Had a night out in The Stella about three years ago and that was our last outing.

Joys of three kids and very limited babysitting options.
                                                                      Find some local teenager to babysit (Jesus, when I think back on the succession of clueless kids we quite happily left our kids in charge of. Or possibly vice versa. ).

OR, take the kids with you and go into town (kids LOVE public transport) and introduce them to some flavours on a Saturday afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post

Yea opening up in Ballsbridge. Nolan's in Clontarf offered him something but he didn't fancy they'd do much business for lunch or in weekdays.
                                                                        Place is getting kitted out at the moment^^ but no idea who's going in there. Could do with something to liven up the local options thereabouts.

Comment

Find some local teenager to babysit (Jesus, when I think back on the succession of clueless kids we quite happily left our kids in charge of. Or possibly vice versa. ).

OR, take the kids with you and go into town (kids LOVE public transport) and introduce them to some flavours on a Saturday afternoon.
                                                                          Careful, for some reason Lazare could end up with me minding the sprogs:

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

i had the weirdest one the other day:

SPOILER
                                                                            Federal Bureau of Investigation

Comment

They genuinely do!

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post

i had the weirdest one the other day:

SPOILER
                                                                                Federal Bureau of Investigation
                                                                                Guantanamo Bay for you Shraaaap. And about time too imo.

Comment

Where does one see this on linkedin?

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post

Where does one see this on linkedin?
                                                                                    click on "me" in the toolbar, then view profile, then search appearances

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post

I used to eat there a lot a few years ago. Can't say I ever really trusted the broth that the veg pho was in though.
                                                                                      If it was tasty then you can be sure it wasn't veggie
                                                                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Speaking of which, did Lao Lao ever organize the annual Christmas* HHE dinner?

*January

Between Christmas, in-laws, work and my Dad, I've slipped up on this one - Will get something in the calendar for Feb.

Preference is Mr. Fox who do a 12 course tasting menu for 75 quid if I remember rightly.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post

click on "me" in the toolbar, then view profile, then search appearances
                                                                                          I have a random Danish food/beverage company showing called "Joe and the Juice" which is odd.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post

You always throw the dice with an asian place! Fish is their favourite vegetable.

Comment

I see Revolut are moving to give customers Irish IBAN accounts.
                                                                                              I'm sure this will gall Mr.Hitch as arent IBANs meant to work internationally anyway??

They are selling it as a positive to collect your wages and to set up direct debits.
                                                                                              Surely this will bring revolut accounts under scrutiny of people who were using it for nixers and cash jobs.
                                                                                              ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Between Christmas, in-laws, work and my Dad, I've slipped up on this one - Will get something in the calendar for Feb.

Preference is Mr. Fox who do a 12 course tasting menu for 75 quid if I remember rightly.
                                                                                                Is there a minimum net worth threshold for attendance (and consequently a maximum moral scruples level to be under?)
                                                                                                ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Seeing as you are all talking about Revolut, couple of dumb questions:
                                                                                                  1. I have my Revolut account set up and two of my kids have cards. Is it possible to set up Mrs D3 as a second parent account so she can transfer them $$$, see what they are spending where? can't see how\where to do this.
                                                                                                  2. For Google Pay, my AIB cards have just stopped working. (the card comes up to auto-complete with the CCV same as usual but when you enter it, the form fails to complete. Manually typing in the details works.) Anyone else got same? All other cards work fine.

Comment

That's a really good idea. Might do that with the older two.

Comment

1. I have my Revolut account set up and two of my kids have cards. Is it possible to set up Mrs D3 as a second parent account so she can transfer them $$$, see what they are spending where? can't see how\where to do this.
                                                                                                      2. For Google Pay, my AIB cards have just stopped working. (the card comes up to auto-complete with the CCV same as usual but when you enter it, the form fails to complete. Manually typing in the details works.) Anyone else got same? All other cards work fine.
                                                                                                      2. maybe remove the card from google pay / wallet and then rescan them back in?
                                                                                                      ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Just checked the oil tank for the last time ever (annoyingly just about 3in left in it so will need a top-up to tide us over until the retrofit is done). Our windows and doors have arrived at Mr Retrofit so good to go as soon as the ****king ESB do their bit which I've now been waiting 18 weeks on.

Comment

2. maybe remove the card from google pay / wallet and then rescan them back in?
                                                                                                          Seems to be that simple, thanks!

I was farting around in Chrome but the Google wallet app seemed to do the trick and I got a success message from AIB.

Comment

Is there a minimum net worth threshold for attendance (and consequently a maximum moral scruples level to be under?)

Requirements for attendee's are extremely strict and have been regarded as tougher than getting mortgage approval for ten million home when you are on minimum wage*

A) Minimum Net Worth of EUR€2 million - Must be liquid assets (Stock and property don't count) - Bank statements confirming same will be required
                                                                                                            B) Ivy League graduated
                                                                                                            C) Certification from the UN Ethics Office confirming acceptable levels of integrity & accountability.
                                                                                                            D) Be willing to wear a plastic horses head while dining
                                                                                                            E) Be available on the date picked
                                                                                                            F) Luck is sometimes required as dates can be oversubscribed and then it goes to a lottery

*3 of the above aren't real requirements

Comment

That's a really good idea. Might do that with the older two.
                                                                                                              Do it quick smart. If you're not careful, they'll basically grow up being culchies.

Comment

It can be done as we have it set up, but I don't know how to do it!

Comment

Requirements for attendee's are extremely strict and have been regarded as tougher than getting mortgage approval for ten million home when you are on minimum wage*

A) Minimum Net Worth of EUR€2 million - Must be liquid assets (Stock and property don't count) - Bank statements confirming same will be required
                                                                                                                  B) Ivy League graduated
                                                                                                                  C) Certification from the UN Ethics Office confirming acceptable levels of integrity & accountability.
                                                                                                                  F) Luck is sometimes required as dates can be oversubscribed and then it goes to a lottery

D1) Ability to kidnap minor celebrities while wearing said mask

KT5_zps7f69f325.png

Comment

B) Ivy League graduated

OR Can pay for a round of drinks in the Temple Bar pub without checking on hand cash balance .

This does not include gratuity.

Comment

Do it quick smart. If you're not careful, they'll basically grow up being culchies.
                                                                                                                      My two call it Dublins fair City and have been known to busk for applause and middle aged wimmin attention .

Comment

Unless they call it Dubalin Towen you've failed in your duty imo
                                                                                                                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

OR Can pay for a round of drinks in the Temple Bar pub without checking on hand cash balance .

This does not include gratuity.
                                                                                                                          So you're saying I should increase the first requirement to 3 million?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X