• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

most times you turn up in A&E you'll be seen almost straightaway

Ah heyour!

Comment

Technically correct, as obviously you get triaged, but other than that...

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
        exactly. "ah you're not dying. please sit there for the next 5 hours till we get back to you!"

Comment

Isn't it that if you turn up in the evenings - due to low staff and excessive drinking incidents to deal with - or the weekend - for similar reasons, that you'll definitely be waiting, but generally its grand apart from that.
          definitely not. unless you're dying you'll sit there for at least 4-5 hours, 3 if you're extremely lucky

Comment

61% (page 29 of here) of people get moved out of A&E within 12 hours. That is likely to be highly skewed though by the time of the day. Most queues are in the evening - mainly due to drunken incidents (which can be 30% of visits at weekends) and short staffing. The issue being that drunks often need to be treated immediately causing delays to all other patients. You'd be highly unlucky to be waiting more than 6 hours to be fully treated in a regular daytime.

But that's separate to 'being seen to'. You will be seen to almost immediately. If its urgent you will be treated urgently. Most cases aren't urgent, which is not to blame the person turning up, just that they don't have any place else to go to to be seen - especially in evenings.
            "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post

exactly. "ah you're not dying. please sit there for the next 5 hours till we get back to you!"
              I feel that's the way its meant to work though?! That if its truly urgent you will be seen to, if its not then disincentives for turning up are in place. I say this admittedly, having had little experience of A&E and will be cursing the wait if ever there.

Comment

61% (page 29 of here) of people get moved out of A&E within 12 hours. That is likely to be highly skewed though by the time of the day. Most queues are in the evening - mainly due to drunken incidents (which can be 30% of visits at weekends) and short staffing. The issue being that drunks often need to be treated immediately causing delays to all other patients. You'd be highly unlucky to be waiting more than 6 hours to be fully treated in a regular daytime.

But that's separate to 'being seen to'. You will be seen to almost immediately. If its urgent you will be treated urgently. Most cases aren't urgent, which is not to blame the person turning up, just that they don't have any place else to go to to be seen - especially in evenings.

As Emmet said, you'll be seen by a triage nurse who will determine the nature of your illness and its severity. if you're dying, then you will see a doctor immediately, if not then you'll sit in an uncomfortable chair a few hours before you see a doctor.

Comment

For A n E . It depends if the A is really an E if not you are sitting on your A .

Comment

Just asked the woman in Easons if Prince Harry’s book is available to download.

She said ‘do you want the PDF file?’

I said no, that’s his uncle.
                    This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                    All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                    The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

40% of 16-24s haven't had a beer in at least a year

Honestly, they are dead right.

Alcohol is a scourge, a delicious, fun time inducing, sex making scourge.

This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                      All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                      The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                        Hitch probably leaves after triage, and wonders what all the fuss is about.

Comment

Sandymount level of prickishness.
                          Loike fock off back to Bray, roysh.

Comment

If I hear another person trying to justify a clusterfuck by using the phrase 'perfect storm', again this week, I'll kill a flipping donkey.
                            Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Interesting turn of events in this trail. It appears you can hire a 'medical expert' to say anything you want these days.

This morning lawyers in the case revealed that the Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP) has spent this week considering a plea to the lesser charge of manslaughter.

Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                If I hear another person trying to justify a clusterfuck by using the phrase 'perfect storm', again this week, I'll kill a flipping donkey.

I've managed to introduce clusterfuck to the office lexicon over the last year - I was surprised that so many people hadn't heard it before.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                  Looks like 2016 again. Jeff Beck dead now .
                                  Waffler69 dead too. Probably those mRNA vaccines https://www.independent.ie/style/cel...-42284970.html
                                  Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post

Not defending the system. It's just not a '60 hours wait', and if your need has the good fortune to arrive during weekday work hours, it's not usually a long wait.

Obv what we need is *almost* simple:

1. Much more primary care centres that are open 24/7 to avoid people needing to go to hospital.

2. Much more step-down beds for elderly people in nursing homes so they don't need to spend as long in hospital beds, and therefore new A&E arrivées can be transferred into those beds.

Everything else is almost fluffiness and irrelevance.
                                    Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 13-01-23, 20:43.

Comment

Not defending the system. It's just not a '60 hours wait', and if your need has the good fortune to arrive during weekday work hours, it's not usually a long wait.

Obv what we need is *almost* simple:

1. Much more primary care centres that are open 24/7 to avoid people needing to go to hospital.

2. Much more step-down beds for elderly people in nursing homes so they don't need to spend as long in hospital beds, and therefore new A&E arrivées can be transferred into those beds.

Everything else is almost fluffiness and irrelevance.
                                      This is true, the amount of elderly bed blockers is quite substantial. The difficulty is that plenty of areas view hospitals as equal, so they are loathed to give them up, when in fact a badly performing hospital is far more dangerous. Kind of like having a very poor player on your team is sometimes worse that no one as you don’t assume they’ll covet the ground etc.

If we had much more A&E centres and then a smaller number of best in class hospitals which were conveniently located outcomes would be much better across the board. Problem is that local communities won’t give up even an unsafe hospitals so no progress is made.

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post

My experience has been pretty good over the years. The most recent one was the heart failure, and was instantly recognised in triage and dealt with appropriately. The 3 previous, ambulanced with drunk induced head injuries after Eurovision 2014, broken metatarsals after a truck drove over my foot (2006?), and broken ribs after a fight with my dead brother were all dealt with in a timely fashion. (like less than an hour)
                                        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by MysteryGuest View Post
                                          Good news for anyone who is having trouble getting to sleep

Rugby set for its own ‘Drive to Survive’ as Netflix confirm Six Nations documentary series

https://m.independent.ie/sport/rugby...-42281943.html
                                          Can't wait for this. Added bonus is it's going to bring in millions of new fans. ​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

My experience has been pretty good over the years. The most recent one was the heart failure, and was instantly recognised in triage and dealt with appropriately. The 3 previous, ambulanced with drunk induced head injuries after Eurovision 2014, broken metatarsals after a truck drove over my foot (2006?), and broken ribs after a fight with my dead brother were all dealt with in a timely fashion. (like less than an hour)
                                            That was such a class eurovision. was everyone from here drinking from home that evening and then went mad, or something like that? think we all had a bet on some dying kid to win, if i remember correctly, without googling it.

Comment

That was such a class eurovision. was everyone from here drinking from home that evening and then went mad, or something like that? think we all had a bet on some dying kid to win, if i remember correctly, without googling it.
                                              I think it’s you and your efforts at deploying your new found Python skills to crush the Eurovision markets is what reminds of Eurovision most now

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post

I think it’s you and your efforts at deploying your new found Python skills to crush the Eurovision markets is what reminds of Eurovision most now
                                                Really need to do that! It's just got to be modelable!

Comment

Nottingham Forest former team-mate Brian Laws on Roy Keane’s debut: “We were playing Liverpool away, and this young kid was sitting on the bus. Brian Clough would regularly take kids with us to get experience. I don't think anyone spoke to him - no one knew who he was. We got to Anfield and, as I thought, he was just pushing the skips into the dressing room and helping to put the kit out. Halfway through, he was putting the No 7 shirt out when Cloughie stopped him and said, 'Now, son, I want you to try that shirt on.' We all started laughing, and this poor lad was embarrassed. He reluctantly put it on, as though he wanted to get it off as quickly as possible. Cloughie said, 'You look a million dollars - you look so good, you're playing'. We still thought it was a wind-up, but he was deadly serious. He said to me, 'You look after him: he's playing right wing'. I thought, 'What? I'm playing against John Barnes, and now I've got a rookie playing in front of me?' I introduced myself. I didn't even know his name - I had to ask him. I said, 'Look, Roy, keep it simple and I'll try to talk you through it'. But within five minutes of kick-off, Roy had stamped on Barnes, taken out another player, and when John was on the floor he just went, 'F*** off' in his face. There were five minutes of me looking after Roy, then he looked after me for the rest of the game. He was like a rat up a drainpipe, all over the place. It can be frightening to go out there at Anfield, but he had no fear. He didn't care who he was playing against: he would have a go at them. What a debut.”

Comment

Fairyhouse 1.02

Got word for Law of her Own
                                                    short price but they are hopeful

Comment

Kolooooapse

Comment

Well thats a cool idea. 11pm to 6am, presumably to replicate the time of the journey of the original escape.

Comment

It's gas the way soccer succeeds as a multi billion business because the real joy for supporters is in celebrating the failure of whatever north of England team are the perceived enemy of the north of England team who were successful when you were forced to pick a team to support in the primary school playground, rather than the success of your own allegiance.
                                                          People are strange
                                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Well thats a cool idea. 11pm to 6am, presumably to replicate the time of the journey of the original escape.

a mate of mine has done that race 6 or 7 times. he always says it's brutal, and he's a good ultra runner. only the leaders get there at 6, most would get there round 10am

Comment

Making a Kacchi lamb biryani tomorrow. Looking forward to it.

Went and got a few ingredients in Eurasia today, have a half leg of lamb marinating overnight for it.

A good few hours on it today and another couple on it tomorrow. That to me is a cracking weekend. Bliss.
                                                              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                I'm getting this installed tomorrow
                                                                Home & Dry Ireland. Mould & Condensation Removal. Does your home or property suffer from condensation, mildew or black mould? Do some rooms, especially bedrooms, smell musty or damp? We have the solution to your black mould and condensation problems.

The condensation on windows is shocking in Mia's bedroom so bad that mould is all over her blind and wall.

I know of two people who went with this chap And could not believe the difference the next day and wished they found it sooner. One girl was telling me her son had awful sinus trouble which has completely cleared up since she got it installed and funnily enough Mia stuffers terrible with her own sinuses so hopefully it will be worth the money.

Be Great to not have to go in every morning and not have to suck up the water!!

So he came highly recommended with fantastic results inc a money back guarantee And a five year warranty .

I'll keep ye posted anyway!
                                                                Needs a service every five years for around 100 e
                                                                Update... best money ever spent.
                                                                Bone dry Windows in the morning!
                                                                Her sky-ness
                                                                © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                  It's gas the way soccer succeeds as a multi billion business because the real joy for supporters is in celebrating the failure of whatever north of England team are the perceived enemy of the north of England team who were successful when you were forced to pick a team to support in the primary school playground, rather than the success of your own allegiance.
                                                                  People are strange
                                                                  I remember sitting on my late Fathers lap watching DIV 1 footie and my Dad ( who i'd never known as not dying/cancer ridden) try to get me excited about it. He died when i was 9 and i was addicted to it with the chewing gum collection cards , followed on to school where the banter was something i loved despite my team being mostly shite and getting stick like i was playing. It definitely added colour to Mondays at school . I lack any of that passion now and fail to get many reactions when stirring it up. I kinda miss it though . I remember my English cousin ranting on about how we should simply support our own Irish teams. ( whilst sporting his U2 shirt) . People sure are strange but tis a shame the bitterness about something so harmless . My brother is a crazed Forest fan. Wierdo.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post

a mate of mine has done that race 6 or 7 times. he always says it's brutal, and he's a good ultra runner. only the leaders get there at 6, most would get there round 10am
                                                                    Those people are amazing. I just cant fathom doing that tonight - at any age/fitness

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                        All this shed talk has me feeling left out. Despite Tar's escapades I've started looking myself.
                                                                        Did you find one when you were in the Lidl in East Wall this morning?

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

I did it once, donkey years ago. It is fucking brutal. There was snow and ice on the mountains when I did it. I lasted about five hours before I abandoned it because I fell asleep pissing against a tree.

Thought I was prepared for it, I was woefully misinformed
                                                                          No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

I know Tommy Tiernan isn't everyone's cup of tea but Patrick Kielty was on tonight and is always worth listening to.

He made reference to the soccer girls singing up the ra and expanded well on it while discussing other things about the north. He's on 1st too for anyone that wants to catch it on replay.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post

I did it once, donkey years ago. It is fucking brutal. There was snow and ice on the mountains when I did it. I lasted about five hours before I abandoned it because I fell asleep pissing against a tree.

Thought I was prepared for it, I was woefully misinformed
                                                                              Fair play!

Sounds like a really tough slog.

Ultra running is some animal. I know a girl who was training for a 24 hour race. One of her training sessions was to run around a football pitch for eight hours. Training herself to mentally deal with the monotony.

A beast.

Comment

The real legend in this is the sound Engineer

Comment

Trying to get into manga, again. Haven't really been able to engage with it at all in previous attempts. But now reading Spy x Family, and jebus its the funniest thing I've read in years. Still feels odd reading the books backwards, but we can't change an entire culture. Although the daughter was saying she might give also give it a read as her friend was saying it was class. Just not sure it shows great reading maturity to be reading at the same level as an 11-year-old girl. Although her friend is half-Japanese, so maybe they're just a bit more sophisticated in their manga habits at an early age.

Manga, in case it has passed you by (well, not Tar obv - who is probably using his hundreds of manga books to plug ceiling leaks) is the current obsession. The French government, in classic French government style, gave all teenagers a €300 gift card to be spent on 'culture' to make up for them being locked up for covid, and they spent it almost exclusively on manga.

Comment

I presume you know this by Spy x Family is a recent anime too, to bring it to life for you.
                                                                                    Here's one for you https://imgur.com/gallery/WOQCa
                                                                                    chainsaw man is a recent hit anime/manga too.
                                                                                    Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 15-01-23, 00:54.

Comment

Good article in Sindo today about the scumbags in horse racing Ireland how they tried to ruin someone for inspecting their yards for steroids. Pure scum.
                                                                                      really need to cut state funding to this industry and invest the money in proper sports like soccer.
                                                                                      let them go cap in hand to their emirati sugar daddies
                                                                                      Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

Trying to get into manga, again. Haven't really been able to engage with it at all in previous attempts. But now reading Spy x Family, and jebus its the funniest thing I've read in years. Still feels odd reading the books backwards, but we can't change an entire culture. Although the daughter was saying she might give also give it a read as her friend was saying it was class. Just not sure it shows great reading maturity to be reading at the same level as an 11-year-old girl. Although her friend is half-Japanese, so maybe they're just a bit more sophisticated in their manga habits at an early age.

Manga, in case it has passed you by (well, not Tar obv - who is probably using his hundreds of manga books to plug ceiling leaks) is the current obsession. The French government, in classic French government style, gave all teenagers a €300 gift card to be spent on 'culture' to make up for them being locked up for covid, and they spent it almost exclusively on manga.
                                                                                        Manga reading as a 40-50 year old gets you put on a watchlist/register I’d have thought
                                                                                        Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

That's some apology
                                                                                          In last weekend’s edition of the newspaper it was incorrectly stated that Angelo Andreucetti was addicted to heroin, that he died in a heroin squat in London in
                                                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                            I know Tommy Tiernan isn't everyone's cup of tea
                                                                                            Saw him in Vicar Street on Thursday and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Comment

I love Tommy Tiernan, think he's a national treasure. I even forgive him the eager catholicism.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak

3 likes for this, you lot need to up your game.
                                                                                                Who is gonna tell him ?

Comment

Popped into my local for a hen's tooth pint, so so rare I get the opportunity.

There's a guy at the bar with the most excruciatingly annoying laugh.

I feel robbed.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                    Popped into my local for a hen's tooth pint, so so rare I get the opportunity.

There's a guy at the bar with the most excruciatingly annoying laugh.

I feel robbed.
                                                                                                    Not just the eyesight going there old man the clouds are next .

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                      Making a Kacchi lamb biryani tomorrow. Looking forward to it.

Went and got a few ingredients in Eurasia today, have a half leg of lamb marinating overnight for it.

A good few hours on it today and another couple on it tomorrow. That to me is a cracking weekend. Bliss.
                                                                                                      Must try a lamb one. I make a chicken biryani from time to time and it's one of my favorite things to cook, one for when you've nothing to do for the day with all the efforts. Some form of naan/flatbread to go with it, and some raita/mint yoghurt.
                                                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post

Must try a lamb one. I make a chicken biryani from time to time and it's one of my favorite things to cook, one for when you've nothing to do for the day with all the efforts. Some form of naan/flatbread to go with it, and some raita/mint yoghurt.
                                                                                                        eamonhonda Lazare

Lad's is there much time/effort involved in making a briyani?

My indian work colleague said that it's time consuming but ideally you'd make enough to feed a family for the week. He carefully sidestepped putting a timer on that statement when I quizzed him.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                          First French rugby trip in three years tomorrow (La Rochelle). I imagine I'll be fit for the knackers yard by Sunday evening.
                                                                                                          Correct
                                                                                                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by MysteryGuest View Post

Manga reading as a 40-50 year old gets you put on a watchlist/register I’d have thought
                                                                                                            I think you're thinking of a different Japanese comic book artform

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post

eamonhonda Lazare

My indian work colleague said that it's time consuming but ideally you'd make enough to feed a family for the week. He carefully sidestepped putting a timer on that statement when I quizzed him.
                                                                                                              It's definitely a weekend dish, where you've all the time in the world. Two days.

Other than shopping for ingredients I probably spent an hour yesterday prepping the lamb and its marinade.

Today's part will prob take about 90 minutes.

A big part of it though for me is the shopping, and why it's a perfect weekend dish. Went to the local butcher yesterday and chatted to him about what I was doing. He took the bone out for me and I cut it up at home. Then on to Eurasia for some fresh ingredients, coriander and mint, plus a few things I didn't have, Ghee, saffron.

Am also batch cooking a curry base today so grabbed a bit of stuff for that.

I love nothing more than looking up a recipe on a Sat morning, usually after a run so am in great form, heading off to pick up what I need and then spending hours chopping prepping and cooking.

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post

eamonhonda Lazare

There's a bit in it alright, between the chicken, the rice , onions etc. It's not major effort or skill, just takes the time, as I said above a real one for when you're in the house for the day. Chicken marinading overnight in the yoghurt is key. Here's the recipe I use - at least with the effort you can make 2-3 days worth of food depending on how many months.

Contrary to lazare above I have a good stock of all the ingredients bar the fresh stuff, so can be done handy if I have the time. Might have to go for it next weekend with all this chat

https://www.indianhealthyrecipes.com/hyderabadi-biryani-recipe
                                                                                                                airport, lol

Comment

I think you're thinking of a different Japanese comic book artform
                                                                                                                  Without comment.

airport, lol

Comment

Fuck me this is the messiest dish I've ever made. It's simmering for 40 mins, not sure that gives me enough time to clean up

Comment

There's a bit in it alright, between the chicken, the rice , onions etc. It's not major effort or skill, just takes the time, as I said above a real one for when you're in the house for the day. Chicken marinading overnight in the yoghurt is key. Here's the recipe I use - at least with the effort you can make 2-3 days worth of food depending on how many months.

Contrary to lazare above I have a good stock of all the ingredients bar the fresh stuff, so can be done handy if I have the time. Might have to go for it next weekend with all this chat

Mine is very similar to that, a couple of nuanced differences.

From a book, can't seem to figure out how to take a <2mb pic

Comment

It even says in the article that it is a different Japanese comic book artform!

Comment

Was on a good run with the 'be more cultured in 2023' with the fantastic The Menu film and then The Weir in the Abbey. It all came crashing down tonight as I braved out three hours of nonsense in Tar. What nuance did I miss - how was this raved about on here? Would have been a higher level of entertainment to watch laz's lamb simmer for the same amount of time.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X