This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post
    Anyone have the link to that newspaper reader built from cache?
    You mean to get around paywalls? Paste the url into the 2nd box of this.

Comment

As for the next election, if this place has taught me one thing it's to not trust what anyone here predicts.
      Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post

That one was like shooting fish in a barrel, now advising it was insane to get Tesla stock and it subsequently 20x'ing
      Top ticked Tesla in 2022 with this post
      Last edited by Denny Crane; 05-01-23, 18:16.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

So the Speaker doesnt have to be aligned to rep nor dems or indeed any party ? My half informed brother just mentioned.
        Apparently your bro was even more right than he realised. One of the GOP geniuses just nominated Trump (is Toast) for Speaker on the 7th ballot.

Which McCarthy lost AGAIN.

It's a bit like watching a drunk friend try to chat up every lady in the bar, with the same strikeout every single time. Except funnier.
        Last edited by Raoul Duke III; 05-01-23, 18:24.
        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

One thing I do think the Americans have 100% correct is that Cabinet secretaries are not elected officials.
          I always think that expecting half-educated, thick as pig shit TDs to suddenly front up to the demands of running massive organisations like the Department of Health or education is totally unrealistic and is part of the reason why they underperform so badly for the money spent on them...

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
            Le Petit Breton seem to be ghosting me. Would there be anywhere else in Dublin you could pick up a decent Galette des Rois in order to celebrate the new year in style?
            Bread 41 on Pearse St also selling them. Ordering on line in advance of collection would be highly recommended

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

Apparently your bro was even more right than he realised. One of the GOP geniuses just nominated Trump (is Toast) for Speaker on the 7th ballot.

It's a bit like watching a drunk friend try to chat up every lady in the bar, with the same strikeout every single time. Except funnier.

One of the favourite stories about a mate of mine (he has a lot)

Himself and another one of the lads were in town one Saturday night and he was hammered. In his drunken state, he decides to go on the prowl and literally tries to chats up every bird in the place. I mean he tries and fails to chat up bird A and then turns to her mate and tries it on with her after she watched him crash and burn seconds earlier to then turn to the third friend of the group and try it on with her. This went on for quite a while.

The other lad is pissing himself laughing and is about to interject and get him into a cab when he tries it on with what the relatively sober lad describes as 'One of the hottest women he's ever seen' Sure enough, the hot chick lobs the gob on my drunk mate. The whole pub was in shock. Nothing more than a prolonged mooch and the lads head off home.

The next day, there is one very sore head and the two lads agree to meet up for a few quiet Sunday pints. As they settle into them, the soberer of the two is telling the drunk one how he can't believe he shifted the hottest bird in the pub.

The poor drunken lad has no idea of what he's talking about. To this day, almost 20 years on, he still has no recollection of scoring the hottest women he has ever and most likely ever will score.

Comment

9 and 0 now.

Farcical. The Dems must be collapsing with laughter at this stage.

Comment

Any thoughts on Enoch Burke going back to school today? https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2023...3-enoch-burke/ I was surprised he wasn't arrested on the spot.
                  Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                    Any thoughts on Enoch Burke going back to school today? https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2023...3-enoch-burke/ I was surprised he wasn't arrested on the spot.
                    Surely he belongs in a secure mental health unit with a protection order to keep the Mother and siblings at bay.
                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

RuSSian crude oil price gone below $50. And remember the people who are buying (India\China mainly) are getting huge discounts. They are fucked.

This on top of their gas customers telling them to GTFO for ever.

Good news.

commodity-urals-oil.png?s=urdb&v=202301051330V20220312&ismobile=1&w=400&h=250&lbl=0.png
                      How is it good news that Asian companies are getting a cost-competitive advantage vs European companies? 20% cheaper fuel for the Asian manufacturers is no bueno for tens of millions of European jobs.
                      "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

Surely he belongs in a secure mental health unit with a protection order to keep the Mother and siblings at bay.
                        Its definitely not normal behaviour. Not sure I'd be sending my kids into that school unless I knew he was safely locked away, you'd never know how it might turn out.

Comment

It would be interesting to hear from Kayroo on what actual options are available. I do vaguely remember him tweeting something informative on contempt of court in relation to him.

Comment

Maddest thing. I was thinking earlier today about how I'll go about dropping or deflecting a client, an interior designer. The value of her business doesn't come close to warranting the level of service I give.

I was thinking about the first project I worked on with her, about 18 months ago.

The exact thought I had was 'what if that end user contacts me with an issue'

Just right now I got an email from that end user with an issue'

Wtf.
                            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

It would be interesting to hear from Kayroo on what actual options are available. I do vaguely remember him tweeting something informative on contempt of court in relation to him.
                              His tweet feed is very good, you wouldn't really notice it when you just see the odd tweet every now and again.

Comment

Prince Harry doing great work- really should be made an honorary Irishman- him and the wife absolutely tilting the fuck out total cunts it’s great stuff
                                Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

Must go back and delete all my posts about blackouts and collapse of western civilisation
                                  Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

Good story. Id rock up to play personally
                                    Imagine Butch Harmon. Wtf is that guy doing with the club , swatting a fly?

Scott Stallings, an amateur golfer, received an invitation to play in the Masters by accident.

Comment

Went to see the New Avatar in 3D tonight..it was absolutely brilliant!
                                      Her sky-ness
                                      © 5starpool

Comment

The new Apprentice - two observations:

SPOILER

1. Leader on the boys team comes across very well. You could see he was almost tempted to disagree with Sugar about whether 'not wanting to be culturally insensitive' (his point) was less important than 'its a business' (Sugar's point). Shows a decent bit of backbone. Plus its a reasonable point. Think he mentioned he gives tours in Africa, where presumably cultural sensitivity is a big thing if you are a white guy loping in. Nice to see how he was also willing to easily share the credit. Thats decent leadership.

2. The Dublin girl, showing her SF voting credentials by being unwilling to accept the concept of majority voting

Comment

Nearly 3 years without (knowingly) having covid, it was a good run. Wife brought it into the house so at least I get to blame her.

Comment

SPOILER

1. Leader on the boys team comes across very well. You could see he was almost tempted to disagree with Sugar about whether 'not wanting to be culturally insensitive' (his point) was less important than 'its a business' (Sugar's point). Shows a decent bit of backbone. Plus its a reasonable point. Think he mentioned he gives tours in Africa, where presumably cultural sensitivity is a big thing if you are a white guy loping in. Nice to see how he was also willing to easily share the credit. Thats decent leadership.

2. The Dublin girl, showing her SF voting credentials by being unwilling to accept the concept of majority voting

SPOILER
                                            Something that drove me a little mad was the argument over the guy dropping the price to €100 to get those 3x tickets sold.
                                            They had 3x left to sell and only minutes remaining. They were only guaranteed 1x sale at the higher price, but if they didn't fill the tour there was a $20 penalty on all tickets sold.

They could have given those last 3x tickets away for free and would have made more money than just selling one. Frustrating seeing everybody missing that.

Comment

Vialli dies . Only 58 . Likeable and handy player .

Comment

How is it good news that Asian companies are getting a cost-competitive advantage vs European companies? 20% cheaper fuel for the Asian manufacturers is no bueno for tens of millions of European jobs.
                                                It's good news that RuSSia's capacity to invade other countries and murder tens of thousands is being further degraded.

And crying about European manufacturing jobs going East is about 30 years too late.

Comment

Watch this lol

Her sky-ness
                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

A new Vulfpeck album "Schvitz" was released recently and of course I think it's great. They've taken two of their members' own songs (In Heaven and What did you mean by love) and done a great job with them. Also a bonus banger of this Dylan cover:

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                      Watch this lol
                                                      Better than boiling a turkey anyway!

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post

Not sure why you'd bother with it given it's only marginally quicker.

Also you can't baste it, or rest it on onions, or make gravy.

Comment

How do you know about that lol
                                                          Wasn't me it was my mother that boiled it
                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

Not sure why you'd bother with it given it's only marginally quicker.

Also you can't baste it, or rest it on onions, or make gravy.
                                                            I shared it Just for his personality. thought he was funny
                                                            Her sky-ness
                                                            © 5starpool

Comment

Oul fella is 33 hours in Beaumont A&E. Got a bed only to be told the previous occupant tested positive for C19. Back to your trolley!

Comment

laz is too obsessed with automating his blinds and ditching valued clients to be spending time on common vulgarities such as humour.

Comment

Tell us your thoughts on boiled onions

Comment

Ah sorry for seeming grumpy (although I am a bit at the mo ) didn't mean to be towards a diamond like yourself.

Comment

Its definitely not normal behaviour. Not sure I'd be sending my kids into that school unless I knew he was safely locked away, you'd never know how it might turn out.
                                                                      I'd tend to agree. I imagine the reason he has been allowed to remain at the school for these couple of days is that that school/gardai/legal system are making sure whatever recourse is taken is legally airtight.

Begrudgingly have to admire his stoicism to his cause but can't imagine it ends well for him in the end.

Comment

It is the BBV and you asked. Onion raw or fried. Boiled is gross imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

Ah sorry for seeming grumpy (although I am a bit at the mo ) didn't mean to be towards a diamond like yourself.
                                                                          Rant away . January , nothing but sick folk everywhere and depressed back to work folk. Now the kid has chicken pox on his bros birthday . Luckily god has blessed us with Christmas Guinness.

Comment

Originally posted by Degag View Post

I'd tend to agree. I imagine the reason he has been allowed to remain at the school for these couple of days is that that school/gardai/legal system are making sure whatever recourse is taken is legally airtight.

Begrudgingly have to admire his stoicism to his cause but can't imagine it ends well for him in the end.
                                                                            Dont think he's dangerous to kids . Maybe on the spectrum and determindly refutes the ideals of today shoved down his throat. Mad stuff though Ted

Comment

It is the BBV and you asked. Onion raw or fried. Boiled is gross imo.
                                                                              I know at least 4 men of the West of swear by boiled (pronounced 'buy-ild') onions. Dipped in salt.

I reckoned 5star could be a fellow devotee but maybe all the years in Dublin have turned him soft.

Comment

I know at least 4 men of the West of swear by boiled (pronounced 'buy-ild') onions. Dipped in salt.
                                                                                When I was young my granny and granda regularly talked about eating "purties and dabit the stool" which seemingly would see them sit around a three legged stool with a hape of boiled spuds and a mound of salt and they would 'dab at the stool', dipping the spuds into the salt before ingesting.

Should really try that some day, doesn't sound too bad.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post

When I was young my granny and granda regularly talked about eating "purties and dabit the stool" which seemingly would see them sit around a three legged stool with a hape of boiled spuds and a mound of salt and they would 'dab at the stool', dipping the spuds into the salt before ingesting.

Should really try that some day, doesn't sound too bad.
                                                                                  Spuds now thats different . Im in for Benny's Vinyl night of salty spud dipping and obscure punk chunes .

Comment

How do you know about that lol
                                                                                    Wasn't me it was my mother that boiled it
                                                                                    I saw it on social media somewhere I think. I'm sure it was a very moist turkey anyway.

Comment

Great in stews and the likes. I can't see many other uses for it though.

Comment

I reckoned 5star could be a fellow devotee but maybe all the years in Dublin have turned him soft.
                                                                                        That's news to me thankfully. In our house years ago onions were either in a stew, or fried, that was about it. My grandfather used to pick mushrooms and turn them upside down, put them on the hot range and fill them basically full of salt until the salt soaked in essentially. The smell of that has put me off mushrooms for life.

Comment

SPOILER

SPOILER
                                                                                          I started watching it this evening. I thought I recognised the girl but couldn’t quite place her.

Turns out I know her bro, use to train a bit together a few years ago. The accent is very Dub but they’re Newbridge AFAIK

Comment

Layoffs announced at our place. Heard a very reliable rumour of the severance package details and now I'm hoping to get the chop. One time please dealer.
                                                                                            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

That's news to me thankfully. In our house years ago onions were either in a stew, or fried, that was about it. My grandfather used to pick mushrooms and turn them upside down, put them on the hot range and fill them basically full of salt until the salt soaked in essentially. The smell of that has put me off mushrooms for life.
                                                                                              Red lemonade. Yay or Nay?

Comment

Watched Tar today

Gripping biopic about the downfall of the conductor Lydia Tar. This is an almost voyeuristic look into the incredible world of classical music. Blanchett gives a sublime performance. The conversations are fascinating and it just leaves you wanting more. Superb.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                                  Watched Tar today

Gripping biopic about the downfall of the former renter Tar Aldarion. This is an almost voyeuristic look into the incredible world of first-time home ownership. Tar gives a sublime performance as himself. The conversations are fascinating and it just leaves you wanting more as the poor man rapidly cycles downwards through escalating waves of despair as his house collapses around his ears. Superb.
                                                                                                  FYP

Comment

Watched Tar today

Gripping biopic about the downfall of the conductor Lydia Tar. This is an almost voyeuristic look into the incredible world of classical music. Blanchett gives a sublime performance. The conversations are fascinating and it just leaves you wanting more. Superb.
                                                                                                    You know Lydia Tar is not a real person right?
                                                                                                    Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post

Lol, no, genuinely didn't. For some reason, id convinced myself she was real.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                        Only found out today that Ratzinger died. It's really easy to end up in your own news bubble.
                                                                                                        When i heard Ratzinger died i thought Bob Geldof passed away

Comment

Watched Tar today

Did you go out to watch it or is it online?

Very much looking forward to it.

Lol, no, genuinely didn't. For some reason, id convinced myself she was real.
                                                                                                          That's exactly what they were going for, it's cut with real concert footage etc.
                                                                                                          Last edited by Strewelpeter; 06-01-23, 20:12.
                                                                                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Did you go out to watch it or is it online?

Very much looking forward to it.

That's exactly what they were going for, it's cut with real concert footage etc.
                                                                                                            Found it online.

They definitely fooled me.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                                              Layoffs announced at our place. Heard a very reliable rumour of the severance package details and now I'm hoping to get the chop. One time please dealer.
                                                                                                              As much as I like my job, every so often I'm reminded that the last people to get made redundant couldn't have been happier about it.

Comment

My place are also laying people off so while I'm 99% sure I won't be affected I was looking at the tax rules around redundancy payments. Couldn't quite follow them at the time. Anyone give me the cliffs?

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post

Ah wish you had spoilered that, as I too could have seen it the way Shrap did.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                                                    My place are also laying people off so while I'm 99% sure I won't be affected I was looking at the tax rules around redundancy payments. Couldn't quite follow them at the time. Anyone give me the cliffs?
                                                                                                                    Usually 1 month salary per year worked in the company, and capped at 12 years tax free obviously.

We just got bought out, but I'll be leaving before redundancies sadly. Would have been a nice leaving bonus as ive been there for 6 years

Comment

Dont think he's dangerous to kids . Maybe on the spectrum and determindly refutes the ideals of today shoved down his throat. Mad stuff though Ted
                                                                                                                      I suppose Hitch's point ( i think) is; what turns a fella to do something utterly obscene? The guys we here about in 'Merica are probably normal-ish people to their friends/neighbours too.

This guy, regardless of his morals has to be deemed as someway unhinged. I don't have kids but if i did i don't think i'd want them close by.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                                                        I made this for the lads on work last year when redundancies rolled around

​​​​https://github.com/James-Poland/RedundancyCalculator

Simple but effective
                                                                                                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Usually 1 month salary per year worked in the company, and capped at 12 years tax free obviously.

We just got bought out, but I'll be leaving before redundancies sadly. Would have been a nice leaving bonus as ive been there for 6 years
                                                                                                                          Is it capped at 12 years? Regardless of salary? I was of the impression that the "first" redundancy was largely tax free.

Incidentally i was speaking to a friend/colleague lately and we were hopping ball about what if we we were offered redundancy.... it'd make a big difference if we were taxed or not!

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X