X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
    Ryanair 》》》》》AL imo.
    absolutely. they also tend to be particularly lovely towards kids on Ryanair flights (which may or may not be a positive - its not like kids need more encouragement). But main thing is they have, by far, the highest probability of landing at the time they say they will land.
    "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Some amazing internet sleuthing here. SBF is in serious trouble if it is true, they put his family home up for his release!

Comment

And they have the seat back pockets sewed up. No doubt to speed up plane turnover.

But christ. Come on.
        This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
        All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
        The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Happy New Year Mellor
          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

You prompted me to check the t&c of my flight to Paris (rugby trip to La Rochelle) in 2 weeks. It is indeed a '10kg bag. Dropped off at Check in.' and no carry-on. Would love to know the genius thinking behind this alright.
            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

This one might hurt:

In German Prisoner-of-War camps, escapes were a a major problem, so they would try to break the prisoners’ spirits by making them do mindless things. In particular, they would make the prisoners stand in a line and all move their heads like a clock back and forth and say, ‘tick tock tick tock.’

Some prisoners, unable to escape or otherwise change their situation, chose a very subtle rebellion. They would do the head motions, but instead of ‘tick tock tick tock’, they would wait until the guards were further down the line and switch to ‘tick tick tick.’

None of the guards noticed this was going on for many months, until finally, a young lieutenant was caught ticking by a senior SS Captain walking behind the line.

The captain stopped the exercise, walked over, face-to-face with the young man, and said
              SPOILER
              “A rebel. Vell, don’t vorry, ve have vays of making you tock."

Comment

Not feeling the same motivation for the next covid booster.

I've almost forgotten about covid really.

What's % uptake looking like?

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

Its very marginal whether to get it or not. Just got it yesterday because don't want some trip interrupted as have a trip a month from Feb. Just in case they re-introduce testing if China causes a global flare-up. Its tenuous really.

Comment

Just booked flights to Spain for a golf trip in March with Aer lingus. Had to double take on the baggage thing. Wtf. Now just need to tell the Mrs I’m going
                    His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

I started a new radio show covering great Jazz, Hiphop & world music, mostly all new releases! You can listen to the first episode on mixcloud (https://www.mixcloud.com/camp_fr/sho...december-2022/) and the tracklist is here: (https://open.spotify.com/playlist/5j...1f065d3590451f)

Hope you enjoy!

Comment

2022 album choices, in no order apart from Little Simz no 1

Little Simz - No Thank You Frankie Stew & Harvey Gunn - nothing new under the sun
                        Daphni - Cherry
                        Nas - Kings Disease III
                        Raw Poetic - Space Beyond the Solar System
                        Joey Badass - 2000
                        Jeshi - Universal Credit
                        Loyle Carner - Hugo
                        Sault - Earth
                        Steve Lacy - Gemini Rights

​​​​​Feel ​lIke I'm missing some but maybe they aren't that good if I can't remember them.
                        airport, lol

Comment

Got myself a new mattress, memory foam topper , duvet and ergonomic pillows yesterday.

My god, the difference is unbelievable. The old mattress was about 20 years old so was time for an update. Had a great night sleep, and imagine the next few nights will be even better once the bed is broken in.

Shouldn't skimp on these things really given that you would spend a 3rd of the day in bed.
                          No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

My joke of the year is...

You have to hand it to blind prostitutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                              I started a new radio show covering great Jazz, Hiphop & world music, mostly all new releases! You can listen to the first episode on mixcloud (https://www.mixcloud.com/camp_fr/sho...december-2022/) and the tracklist is here: (https://open.spotify.com/playlist/5j...1f065d3590451f)

Hope you enjoy!
                              Cool. Will give this a listen later.

Been meaning to get back to doing mixes (and was thinking about a radio show too, maybe focusing on record collecting) as I have my twin technics/mixer set up back up and running since moving house.

Maybe 2023 will be the year and this the inspiration! (Do you use any software to record and then transfer to Mixcloud? Or record straight into Mixcloud - I'm a bit behind on this type of streaming/recording technology).

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post

Cool. Will give this a listen later.

Been meaning to get back to doing mixes (and was thinking about a radio show too, maybe focusing on record collecting) as I have my twin technics/mixer set up back up and running since moving house.

Maybe 2023 will be the year and this the inspiration! (Do you use any software to record and then transfer to Mixcloud? Or record straight into Mixcloud - I'm a bit behind on this type of streaming/recording technology).
                                Cool! That's a great idea, i'd love to hear it.

I use Ableton live because that's what I use for everything, and it worked perfectly. I don't record it live, I just place the songs in, record some speaking in between the songs and then bounce to mp3. If you are going to record vinyl you could just use audacity to record the audio, then upload to Mixcloud.

Comment

How many alcohol units would your rank and file BBV reader drink a week? I'm probably 20-30 most weeks, with the average being on the upper end, rarely more than 8 at a time. Still reckon that's enough to negatively impact day-to-day running (a small amount) but reckon I'd find it difficult to cut down significantly.
                                  Imagine being the miserable fucker that starts this conversation on NYE when everyone is already thinking it in the back of their mind after 2 weeks of excess...

Comment

Favourite Albums of the year in no particular order:
                                    Weyes Blood - And In The Darkness, Hearts Aglow
                                    Felbm - Elements of Nature
                                    Beth Orton - Weather Alive
                                    The Mars Volta - The Mars Volta
                                    Suede - Auto Fiction
                                    Mark Peters - Red Sunset Dreams
                                    Danger Mouse and Black Thought - Cheat Codes
                                    Jessie Buckley and Bernard Butler - For All Our Days The Tear The Heart
                                    Angel Olsen - Big Time
                                    Sharon Van Etten - We've Been Going About This All Wrong
                                    Akira Kosemura - One Day, You Will Reach the Sea
                                    Orville Peck - Bronco
                                    Pillow Queens - Leave The Light On
                                    Eiko Ishibashi - Drive My Car
                                    The Weather Station - How Is It That I Should Look At The Stars

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                      How many alcohol units would your rank and file BBV reader drink a week? I'm probably 20-30 most weeks, with the average being on the upper end, rarely more than 8 at a time. Still reckon that's enough to negatively impact day-to-day running (a small amount) but reckon I'd find it difficult to cut down significantly.
                                      Imagine being the miserable fucker that starts this conversation on NYE when everyone is already thinking it in the back of their mind after 2 weeks of excess...
                                      I remember being asked by a nurse in my hospital bed how many a week, and I lied and answered 80. She replied '8', and I said no 80! Had been neridely recording every drink for a while on an app alcodroid , and the more honest answer would have been 120.
                                      Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

It's my first time seeing Alex Jones on this podcast.

Comment

Booked a midnight hike up Slieve Donard for this evening. Just been cancelled. . Half thinking og fking doing it myself . Bit o fecking rain wtf.

30 units of alcohol per week is slowly killing the organs. Im more of a binge drinker which is probably more dangerous . Good news is i dont get out much and i dont do home drinking much

need some LSD imo.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

I remember being asked by a nurse in my hospital bed how many a week, and I lied and answered 80. She replied '8', and I said no 80! Had been neridely recording every drink for a while on an app alcodroid , and the more honest answer would have been 120.
                                            Reduce that or RIP 2023

Comment

Happy New year ( well nearly)

Looking for bathroom advice.
                                              Would anyone know of anyone that completely refurbishes bathrooms Inc removing the bath and replacing with a shower.
                                              But they design it and do absolutely everything. I don't want to lift a finger. Obviously reasonable too

Her sky-ness
                                              © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

Reduce that or RIP 2023
                                                That was what I had been doing up to the end of 2017. Not even an option to go back to that now

Comment

That was what I had been doing up to the end of 2017. Not even an option to go back to that now
                                                  That's quitter talk

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

That's quitter talk
                                                    Ah well, if you have to stop behaving like a teenager when you get into your 50s, you kinda have to.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                      Got myself a new mattress, memory foam topper , duvet and ergonomic pillows yesterday.

My god, the difference is unbelievable. The old mattress was about 20 years old so was time for an update. Had a great night sleep, and imagine the next few nights will be even better once the bed is broken in.

Shouldn't skimp on these things really given that you would spend a 3rd of the day in bed.
                                                      Make sure you choose wisely for the first roide

Comment

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post
                                                        My joke of the year is...

You have to hand it to blind prostitutes.
                                                        I blame the company you are keeping these days
                                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Booked a midnight hike up Slieve Donard for this evening. Just been cancelled. . Half thinking og fking doing it myself . Bit o fecking rain wtf.
                                                          Don't , the problem is fog more than rain, close on zero visibility up in Wikla this evening.
                                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Hikin me bollix.

Put Jools on

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                              Hikin me bollix.

Put Jools on
                                                              Shurrup and eat yer dinner .

Doing it in the morn. Got this reply to my exasperation .

I've attached two photos of the forecast for you to see, but in short it will now be very wet down low in the valley and very heavy with snow at the summit throughout our entire hike.

While this is still possible to hike in, safety wise it's a no go due to the extreme cold feel (-7 + wind effects)..

Comment

Doin it in the mornin me bollix.

Do it Monday.

Comment

Doin it in the mornin me bollix.

Do it Monday.
                                                                  Im in Co Down. Home tomorrow. Sure by the time im ready to go you'll have run a half marathon

Comment

Ah cool. Misread that as they say up here - so i did

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                      Happy New year ( well nearly)

Looking for bathroom advice.
                                                                      Would anyone know of anyone that completely refurbishes bathrooms Inc removing the bath and replacing with a shower.
                                                                      But they design it and do absolutely everything. I don't want to lift a finger. Obviously reasonable too
                                                                      We used Ripples to refurb the family bathroom and build a new ensuite. Good experience and very practical in terms of advice.
                                                                      Bathrooms are tricky enough, would advise going reputable.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                                                                        Favourite Albums of the year in no particular order:
                                                                        Weyes Blood - And In The Darkness, Hearts Aglow
                                                                        Felbm - Elements of Nature
                                                                        Beth Orton - Weather Alive
                                                                        The Mars Volta - The Mars Volta
                                                                        Suede - Auto Fiction
                                                                        Mark Peters - Red Sunset Dreams
                                                                        Danger Mouse and Black Thought - Cheat Codes
                                                                        Jessie Buckley and Bernard Butler - For All Our Days The Tear The Heart
                                                                        Angel Olsen - Big Time
                                                                        Sharon Van Etten - We've Been Going About This All Wrong
                                                                        Akira Kosemura - One Day, You Will Reach the Sea
                                                                        Orville Peck - Bronco
                                                                        Pillow Queens - Leave The Light On
                                                                        Eiko Ishibashi - Drive My Car
                                                                        The Weather Station - How Is It That I Should Look At The Stars

Comment

Great to see you posting Satnav.

If Balfejohn doesn't sort you out within the next 30 mins I'm going to start worrying about him.

Comment

Great to see you posting Satnav.

If Balfejohn doesn't sort you out within the next 30 mins I'm going to start worrying about him.
                                                                            Deal discussed over the last hour
                                                                            Tile merchant will be in portlaoise over the next few weeks sorting out the new bathroom and checking out what Sky tv offerings we can get

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

We used Ripples to refurb the family bathroom and build a new ensuite. Good experience and very practical in terms of advice.
                                                                              Bathrooms are tricky enough, would advise going reputable.
                                                                              A good company to sort a bathroom
                                                                              they buy a good range of tiles from us
                                                                              they use to do our supply and fit jobs a couple of years ago

Comment

Originally posted by balfejohn View Post

Deal discussed over the last hour
                                                                                Tile merchant will be in portlaoise over the next few weeks sorting out the new bathroom and checking out what Sky tv offerings we can get
                                                                                Haha, fair play lad, you're a diamond.

Comment

HOOTENNANY

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

I’m not taking it due to all the people who have “died suddenly”
                                                                                    makes you think
                                                                                    Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

HOOTENNANY
                                                                                      Dreadful so far . Maybe I'll go up now and perish on Donard. I fear death less now.

Comment

Originally posted by MysteryGuest View Post

I’m not taking it due to all the people who have “died suddenly”
                                                                                        makes you think
                                                                                        Very true . The Queen , Jools Holland, Pele . Whats going on

Comment

Dreadful so far . Maybe I'll go up now and perish on Donard. I fear death less now.
                                                                                          Bambino waking up crying at 11:52 means I've missed the last half hour.

Comment

Bambino waking up crying at 11:52 means I've missed the last half hour.
                                                                                            Hope shes ok but its Clontarf Castle dinner dance stuff . Shocking..

Comment

Hope shes ok but its Clontarf Castle dinner dance stuff . Shocking..
                                                                                              Ah Hootenanny has always been mostly retired elites

Comment

I'm glad to see a dancing audience, that's what makes it.

The last couple of years were really shit

Comment

Ah Hootenanny has always been mostly retired elites
                                                                                                  He's abusing the elderly this year. He must love the smell of piss

Comment

He's abusing the elderly this year. He must love the smell of piss
                                                                                                    Definitely needs to attract at least one big act for next year.

I enjoyed it but you're right.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                                      Simple fix. Don't drink alone.

When I was drinking alone I was trying to escape something. Better of addressing the situation one it trying to escape.

Happy New Year bitches. 2023 will have it's ups and downs but we will still have each other.
                                                                                                      Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post

Simple fix. Don't drink alone.

When I was drinking alone I was trying to escape something
                                                                                                        Quite the opposite in my experience.. feel free to drink on your own if it keeps things interesting. And avoid the dread of other drinkers.

PS... I never drink the day before running and I run about 3 times a week usually, I drink, on average, 2 nights a week, but many 1 nights per week, I do dry Jan and Oct usually. And when I drink, I drink what I want.
                                                                                                        Last edited by BennyHiFi; 01-01-23, 01:48.

Comment

Drinking alone is amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post

PS... I never drink the day before running and I run about 3 times a week usually, I drink, on average, 2 nights a week, but many 1 nights per week, I do dry Jan and Oct usually. And when I drink, I drink what I want.
                                                                                                            I agree, I’m similar regarding alcohol, training and how they interact. I have an “if I’m out, I’m out” type of approach. Also, I just don’t drink at home tbh which just leads to low volume, probably 4 units a week.

I’ve been even more incentivised recently to avoid it knowing I’ll be training.
                                                                                                            I think training, especially early morning is certainly a strong incentive.

Comment

Child has meant my.boozing is basically gone now. Would have been 40 units handy enough (2 bottles of wine, 10 pints) across a week but that's back around the 8 units these days I'd guess.

Have no interest in hangover dadding, just zero ability to handle it. Was grand with killing a day of my own volition when I owned the day, but that's long gone now.

On that note, here's to more sleep in 2023!

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                                Drinking alone is amazing.
                                                                                                                No matter how it is dressed up it's a brutal anachronistic drug. That said I was out for a few last night ringing in the New Year.

Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

I never really think about units consumed.

A fairly standard week in 2022 was no booze Sunday to Wednesday inclusive. Half bottle of wine Thursday and Friday where as Saturday could be anything depending on what has happening (wine and G&T's/ rake if pints/a good few very boozey wine dinners)

Towards the end of the year, Wednesday drinking started to kick in a bit more regular and it was either a half bottle of wine or 2-3 330ml cans of beer.

Most definitely need to do more exercise in 2023 but alcohol isn't the problem. Work and lack of energy/motivation need to be tackled.

Comment

My drinking is way down. I’d say the 8 or so scoops I had on Stephens day was the most I’d drank since mid July. And then before that it was prob Feb.

I can’t work productively hungover. I won’t go to the gym. I will spiral with anxiety. Not worth it. Just doesn’t do me any favors.

There are trade offs, but it’s largely worth it I think.
                                                                                                                    This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                                                    All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                                    The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Had a rake of pints on Friday night, ridiculous stuff where you're not really enjoying the last few. Ended up walking home at about 3am.
                                                                                                                      Had a woeful hangover yesterday basically got up around 6 or so for a few hours and back in bed by 10. Couldn't even manage a nice cold beer I was that bad.
                                                                                                                      Generally drink around 3 bottles wine and and 12/16 ish bottles of beer p/w (330ml)
                                                                                                                      ​​​​​​Last week or so has been every night though.

Cut it down between Jan and Apr to 12 bottle limit p/w and no wine and lost some lbs plus had more energy to get out and about.

Will be doing similar this year.

Comment

2023 better be better than 2022 (hard to think how it could be worse tbh). what an absolute bitch of a year. Anyway lots to look forward to this year, so onwards and upwards!

biggest challenge this year is going to be weight loss. got a good 20kg to lose at least so going to have to take it seriously

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                                                          2023 better be better than 2022 (hard to think how it could be worse tbh). what an absolute bitch of a year. Anyway lots to look forward to this year, so onwards and upwards!

biggest challenge this year is going to be weight loss. got a good 20kg to lose at least so going to have to take it seriously
                                                                                                                          You're still shipping off to Switz?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X