This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

Would you not go into the SE instead? Or does that open up too many avenues of potential deviance?
    ipb outing for Jan eom?

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

ipb outing for Jan eom?
      I haven't played a live donkament for about 4 years , maybe start with some 50/100 one that we can treat with the contempt it deserves . But yes to IPB outing obv.
      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Oh, completely. Still not a good look historically though (even at the time you would have to wonder WTF they were at as Hitler got it in 1938 and Stalin in 1939). Stalin had murdered millions by then and it was very obvious what Hitler was too. Wonder if there was an outcry at the time...?
        Wasn't that kind of the point? It's assume to be Best Person of the Year, but in reality its most influential. Hard to argue Hilter's influence on the word stage in the late 1930s
        Hilter was arguable a contender the Person of the Century. Although they went with good guy Einstein as there's obviously a major positive bias.

Comment

Has anyone tried Chat GPT? It's pretty damn impressive.

Comment

Strewel SIL salami seasonal stupendousness ordered.

Although not impressed the delivery fee now €50, hope the FIL gets a decent hamper out of it.
            My missus now work with La Rousse foods so expecting a bountiful hamper for my cheese and meat requirements.
            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post

Try to imagine the media reaction if Simon Convey was filmed snogging some young one in a nightclub. Do you think the coverage would be the same? Be honest. Media not touching it because they know they would be instantly accused of homophobia. To be fair the story has sparked a shed load of homophobic posts on Twitter and elsewhere. I guess to a fault I'm expecting equality of treatment when we clearly aren't there yet.
              The same sex marriage referendum result was presented so as to celebrate Ireland's progressive views on equality. Which made it easy to overlook the fact that 38% of people voted against it. Not saying everyone who voted against it are homophobic, but a lot of people are. They are simply less open about it as the (large) minority.

Originally posted by MysteryGuest View Post
              Honesty thought it was a deepfake when I first saw it- still wearing the work suit and all. Impressive media blackout- it seems out of character to be that reckless from him in a public space- different standards in a gay relationship obv so may be nothing to it in terms of his own home life.
              I don’t like the guy because he wears novelty socks - cannot trust someone who does that in high office
              Like open relationships? Not sure what else you could mean.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

My missus now work with La Rousse foods so expecting a bountiful hamper for my cheese and meat requirements.
                Think of the gout
                ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Has anyone tried Chat GPT? It's pretty damn impressive.
                  Didn’t HitchBot share that last week? If it wasn’t him, I’ll guess OPR, always in the know for this type of stuff.

Comment

Interesting work choice for the wife. Just got a decent pay increase to hit the very beginning of six figures in her stable job for a large finance company. Got that job after the startup she was working for was bought out. Now her boss, and founder of the startup, wants to hit the startup route again and wants her on board for a decent equity share but much less certain pay. Swap stability for risk and a potential payoff? I'm thinking - go for the risky route and keep the fingers crossed.
                    "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post

Didn’t HitchBot share that last week? If it wasn’t him, I’ll guess OPR, always in the know for this type of stuff l
                      BostonLegalBot shared it!

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post

Think of the gout
                        That's future me's problem, fuck that guy. What's he ever done for me?
                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Rep brought me and a colleague out for dinner last night. Night went something like;

Bottle of sparkling wine

1.5kg Tomahawk, waygu hassleback potato with caviar sauce, amazing sauces, chips, green beans, even the salad was great.
                          Bottle of Cabernet Malbec with the steak

[cross road to Irish shebeen-esque bar]

Guinness and greenspot whiskey
                          moar Guinness
                          another whiskey
                          a Guinness…etc

a couple of smokes on the way home for no good reason.

Work was a sorry affair today

Comment

Not sure about its sense of humour:

tell me a joke about a horse and a donkey

Why did the horse marry the donkey?

Because he loved the way she brayed!

Comment

I've been playing with the image generator. My 'Cat on a skateboard in the style of Picasso' is so good I think I'll get it framed and hang it up in the house.

DALL·E 2022-12-09 12.28.11 - Picasso style painting of a cat on a skateboard.png

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                I've been playing with the image generator. My 'Cat on a skateboard in the style of Picasso' is so good I think I'll get it framed and hang it up in the house.

DALL·E 2022-12-09 12.28.11 - Picasso style painting of a cat on a skateboard.png
                                If you asked anybody to guess your prompt for that image, they'd guess exactly that.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                  Interesting work choice for the wife. Just got a decent pay increase to hit the very beginning of six figures in her stable job for a large finance company. Got that job after the startup she was working for was bought out. Now her boss, and founder of the startup, wants to hit the startup route again and wants her on board for a decent equity share but much less certain pay. Swap stability for risk and a potential payoff? I'm thinking - go for the risky route and keep the fingers crossed.
                                  In my experience the desire for people with start up experience is incredibly high.
                                  Given she has her PhD, she likely walks back into a similar job.
                                  I was asked to go back to the start up I left but wouldn’t be getting the equity share.
                                  Every recruiter I’ve chatted to has referenced the start up experience especially when the start up has some visibility.

On a side note, we are now hiring another analyst to bring the team here to a total of 2.
                                  My first time being an interviewer, probably a novelty for the first few but I’m told the volume of applicants is incredible.

Comment

Why would Putin want a middleman taking a cut?
                                    Ha ha. His entire organisation have been ripping off budgets for years hence the crappy equipment.

He's probably a valuable asset and they have been trying to get him back a number of times. Get out the contact list and create some mischief elsewhere.

Watched Lord of War recently so I know everything about arms dealing now

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post

Yeah I already have AI art on a canvas at home. Art history degrees are finally going up in value

And I've been using ChatGPT to write code.

It's a whole new world.

Comment

Originally posted by dinekes View Post

Ha ha. His entire organisation have been ripping off budgets for years hence the crappy equipment.

He's probably a valuable asset and they have been trying to get him back a number of times. Get out the contact list and create some mischief elsewhere.

Watched Lord of War recently so I know everything about arms dealing now
                                        Plus isn't the Wagner Group not just a middle-man, but a middle-army. The man is a big fan of outsourcing to corrupt partners, much to his detriment.

You'd have to imagine the guy they've gotten back's first comment will be: lets get the show back on the road! - show me to the fax machine and the array of communicating pigeons - given he has been locked up for 14 years.

Comment

One for Denny

Investors who took short positions in Tesla stock have made an $11.5 billion profit so far this year, according to Wall Street analytics firm S3 Partners, as Tesla shares lost about half their value. That’s a nearly 60% return on the $19.6 billion invested in short positions on Tesla this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post

In my experience the desire for people with start up experience is incredibly high.
                                            Given she has her PhD, she likely walks back into a similar job.
                                            I was asked to go back to the start up I left but wouldn’t be getting the equity share.
                                            Every recruiter I’ve chatted to has referenced the start up experience especially when the start up has some visibility.

On a side note, we are now hiring another analyst to bring the team here to a total of 2.
                                            My first time being an interviewer, probably a novelty for the first few but I’m told the volume of applicants is incredible.
                                            Not unusual for start-up emps to be expected to put in 50-60 hour weeks. Grand if you are young, unencumbered and energetic. Risk of a serious well-being hit needs to be factored in which could be contagious at home. With a young family, new home and partner who is earning well too, I'd be inclined to stick.
                                            Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

One for Denny
                                              I don't trade single stocks very often but my TSLA short is by far my most profitable ever stock trade and I still have 2/3 of it left.

Comment

Neymar worse than a passenger. Brazil effectively playing with 10 men.

Comment

Not unusual for start-up emps to be expected to put in 50-60 hour weeks. Grand if you are young, unencumbered and energetic. Risk of a serious well-being hit needs to be factored in which could be contagious at home. With a young family, new home and partner who is earning well too, I'd be inclined to stick.
                                                  Maybe. Its up in the air definitely. The only upside is that the boss is incredibly pro-family in every one of her actions in the past. Including when the start-up that was sold was in its start-up phase. Its definitely something to consider though. The doubt, on my side, would be that its probably not going to happen again otherwise as the wife will become too comfortable in her current steady job, and its a chance to be in with someone who has a proven track record, which won't always be the case. So there's that potential for a big payoff.

Comment

Croatia with its puny 3.9m population. fair fucks to them.

Comment

Plus football is also probably only their third-ranked sport after beer-drinking, and (deservedly) beating up the serbs.

Comment

Fundalk Friday

Wannabe Princess 8.30 Fundalk

Comment

Neymar worse than a passenger. Brazil effectively playing with 10 men.
                                                          Quality BBV'ing (although I agree with your general point).

Comment

Woohoo, deserved imo.

Comment

jaysus

Comment

the qataris have broken football

Comment

Maybe the key lesson here is to stop messing about and have both a first name and a family name like all proper people.

Comment

Pack up the dancing shoes
                                                                    Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

Maybe the key lesson here is to stop messing about and have both a first name and a family name like all proper people.
                                                                      Or at least more menacing than Fred and Anthony. It's some comedown from Socrates and Zico. What next, Brazils star midfielder Jim?

Comment

Croatia with its puny 3.9m population. fair fucks to them.
                                                                        Imagine the potential team we’d have if it wasn’t for GAA
                                                                        Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

I liked the Croatian stealth vaper in the crowd that the camera focussed on a few times including after the equaliser. An admirable disregard for the 'minor' FIFA rule and the potentially more serious Qatari ban on all vaping products. I hope some Brazilian Strewelpeter doesn't grass him up.

Comment

Leaving a 3 on 3 counter with 4 mins left and Neymar barely able to walk around is criminal. Tite made a booboo here.

Still credit to Croatia. A quality outfit. Goalie was class. Serious record of AET/PK wins that Croatia have now.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post

Or at least more menacing than Fred and Anthony. It's some comedown from Socrates and Zico. What next, Brazils star midfielder Jim?
                                                                              Isn't he Fred II, or am i imagining a previous Fred

Comment

Roll on more Peno shootouts, did the four QFs in trebles and a 4 fold

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

Isn't he Fred II, or am i imagining a previous Fred
                                                                                  Fred the striker would be your Fred the 1st ​​​​​​. He played about 10+ years ago.

He's a pundit sometimes on Brazilian sport channels these days. Around same age as Dani Alves or Thiago Silva id say

Comment

Hopefully more of this later......

Comment

Watched a Kenny Dalglish docu last night on Sky. Half decent. Threw up a mad memory I had which i went checking after, I'd wager a fair whack of money nobody (even a lot of staunch Pool fans) could name the reserve keeper for the Hysel Final v Juventus...

Comment

Airport is an absolute shambles again
                                                                                        Milan fflight arrives 4hours late because the 7am out from Dublin couldn't get de iced
                                                                                        Eventually lands at 5pm and sits waiting for an hour for a gate and now after 40 minutes they are told is will be c. 2 more hours before bags are on the carousel.

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

No one got independently wealthy by not having lots of equity in lots of things or lots of equity in one thing.

Do it, your job is safe as long you dont get 'me too'd so you guys are golden.
                                                                                          This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                          All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                          The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                            Airport is an absolute shambles again
                                                                                            Milan fflight arrives 4hours late because the 7am out from Dublin couldn't get de iced
                                                                                            Eventually lands at 5pm and sits waiting for an hour for a gate and now after 40 minutes they are told is will be c. 2 more hours before bags are on the carousel.
                                                                                            I know this is no help, but I just don't check bags with me when travelling anymore. Try to stuff as much as I can into the two carry on bags you get, you can be surprisingly efficient. It's the shoes that will kill ya.
                                                                                            This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                            All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                            The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

And I've been using ChatGPT to write code.

It's a whole new world.
                                                                                              The future is going to be cobbled together or of crappy stack overflow answers that happen to compile.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                Watched a Kenny Dalglish docu last night on Sky. Half decent. Threw up a mad memory I had which i went checking after, I'd wager a fair whack of money nobody (even a lot of staunch Pool fans) could name the reserve keeper for the Hysel Final v Juventus...
                                                                                                Had to dig deep to find the right Pile to give u a true answer

Comment

A Messi - Ronnie final would be a fitting end to their era TBF.

Comment

Classic shithousery

Comment

World Cup should be in winter more often

Comment

Jaysus. Another belter. Well, based on the text updates anyway

Comment

Hope the Spanish are watching this next level long ball strategy.

Comment

Van Gaal getting lessons from Ted Lasso?

Comment

They should just give the trophy to the Dutch for the sheer effrontery of that free kick routine.

Comment

They should just give the trophy to the Dutch for the sheer effrontery of that free kick routine.
                                                                                                                Thats as many goals as that lump scored in his whole season at Burnley

Comment

Surely there's a massive skirmish coming after this concludes. Mad game. The ref is earning his expenses this evening.

Comment

What a game- nothing like the World Cup- genuinely can’t wait for the women’s one next summer

Comment

Agentina about to go down from 2 up again.

Comment

There’s only 2 occasions as a man you are allowed to cry in public- when a loved one dies and when your football team gets knocked out of football World Cup (tears of laughter are allowed also for rugby World Cup knockouts)

Comment

Originally posted by MysteryGuest View Post
                                                                                                                          There’s only 2 occasions as a man you are allowed to cry in public- when a loved one dies and when your football team gets knocked out of football World Cup (tears of laughter are allowed also for rugby World Cup knockouts)
                                                                                                                          Dont think i would ever shed a sports related tear. Privately or publicly. Except maybe in the Movie The Champ.

Sometimes envy the passion some folk have for the game.

Dice looking good. Fingers crossed inspired bet.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X