Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great to see Australia getting through the World Cup finals- helps keep the boot on the head of the drowning man that is rugby Union in that country- every bit helps
    Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

Great entertainment tonight
      "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
        Great entertainment tonight
        Golf?
        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
          Poland is en route to knockout stages based on "indiscipline points" as they're locked on points, goal difference, goals scored and head-to-head with Mexico. I make that they have 3 fewer yellow cards than Mexico. If they end up on the same number of cards/points (yellow=1, red=3), it will be a drawing of lots like when we knocked out the Dutch.

Plenty of time for goals, cards and drama galore.
          Gonna be great craic in 2026 when it's 16 groups of 3 and half the groups are decided on that rule.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

Stick on a Bluey had a whole different meaning when I was a kid.
            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

right now live, SBF first interview since FTX collapse. Sponsored by the NYT. If only Bernie Madholf got such a gentle shakedown

edit, to add: in Poker terms he gives off a lot of live tells
              Last edited by paul8200; 30-11-22, 22:52.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuchulainn1 View Post

I'd say he is getting set up for a big fall in Wednesday night.
                Still letting him off very light.

The Wife is some weapon, horrible nasty yoke, wallowing even deeper in the self pity than him. I thought you might have seen Quinn's mask slip a bit on the Lunny thing when he goes into that spiel of 'Why would I do that, and here are the reasons I should have'.

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

The Wife is some weapon, horrible nasty yoke, wallowing even deeper in the self pity than him. I thought you might have seen Quinn's mask slip a bit on the Lunny thing when he goes into that spiel of 'Why would I do that, and here are the reasons I should have'.
                  Ah I thought it made Quinn out to be as delusional and pathetic it could have. If your man didn't die when the police kicked in the door in England I'd imagine there'd have been a different ending.

Dukes' comment about border folk turning to violence quicker than the rest of us angels is causing quite a stir!

I thought it was a decent bit of TV from RTE over the last 3 nights. Been a while since I thought that.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post

Ah I thought it made Quinn out to be as delusional and pathetic it could have. If your man didn't die when the police kicked in the door in England I'd imagine there'd have been a different ending.

Dukes' comment about border folk turning to violence quicker than the rest of us angels is causing quite a stir!

I thought it was a decent bit of TV from RTE over the last 3 nights. Been a while since I thought that.
                    The Dukes thing is gas, they all seem to be hearing something different to what he actually said... well, he could have done without the 'in their blood' bit but hey

Fair play to Dukes for being unequivocal about the Quinns having stashed away loads of money.

Ah yeah overall it was a well made doc and obviously they were having to negotiate some tricky legal routes between what they could and couldn't say.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                      Ghent >>>>> Bruges imo
                      “Two Manky Hookers And A Racist Dwarf. I Think I’m Heading Home.”

Comment

Yeah i was expecting more of a hatchet job but it seems like they were giving him the rope.
                        Wife came off very badly, here's a plot twist- maybe she's the paymaster!
                        Although if she was I'd say the priest would have force fed his own Communion hosts.

Comment

Can someone explain why he Anglo had to lend him money to support the position he had in the CFDs? If he didn't keep funding them would his position not have just been liquidated and he'd lose whatever he'd put in? I understand that he didn't want to cut his losses and he thought it could turn around, but why was that Anglo's problem? Did he already have huge loans with them that he wouldn't be able to repay?

Also, I didn't really understand the Maple 10 aspect of it. Quinn didn't actually own any shares in the bank, so how did him gambling on CFDs affect the share price?

Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                            Poland is en route to knockout stages based on "indiscipline points" as they're locked on points, goal difference, goals scored and head-to-head with Mexico. I make that they have 3 fewer yellow cards than Mexico. If they end up on the same number of cards/points (yellow=1, red=3), it will be a drawing of lots like when we knocked out the Dutch.

Plenty of time for goals, cards and drama galore.
                            We didnt knock the Dutch out, both had qualified. Lots were drawn to see who would be sceond and third. We ended up with Romania instead of West Germans.

In before AJ, can retire happy now.

Comment

I know one of the talking heads very well (he literally wrote the book on Quinn). There's no remorse whatsoever.
                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Can't image the Irish Times organising this for Sean Fitz immediately after Anglo implosion

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post

Gonna be great craic in 2026 when it's 16 groups of 3 and half the groups are decided on that rule.
                                  I've seen that they are considering having penalty shootouts after every group game that ends in a draw to avoid this situation, and act as a tie breaker. They'll still need yellow cards and possibly even drawing of lots if 3 teams end on 3 points, or are all drawn and win one shootout thing each though.

Comment

They’ll end up making shite of the world cup by extending it to 48 teams.

And we all know why they’re doing it.

Comment

12 groups of 4 would work someway decently but 16 of 3 just sounds terrible

Comment

Originally posted by Degag View Post
                                        12 groups of 4 would work someway decently but 16 of 3 just sounds terrible
                                        Agreed, but 16 of 3 enables them to keep it at max 7 games per team, and to run it off in ~31 days. Which is what they've agreed with the clubs.

12 of 4 is more complicated. If you go from 48 to 32 after the groups then its 8 games for the four semi-finalists.
                                        If you go from 48 straight down to 16 (say the 12 group winners and four best runners-up) then you risk a lot of the final group games being dead rubbers.
                                        There's no ideal solution (obviously keeping it at 32 teams but that ship has sailed).

Comment

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

One vaguely interesting thing in the Mexico game which no-one on the pitch or commentary realised.

The Saudi goal in the 94rd minute didn't affect Mexico chances at all.
                                            In fact, it was arguably better to concede the goal there and have immediate possession at the half-way line rather than start making tackles and conceding corners.

Because at 2-0 Mexico were tied with Poland on goal diff and goals scored, and losing on yellow cards. Hence, they needed 1 more goal.
                                            But a 3-1 win would have put them ahead of Poland on goals scored. Therefore, despite the Saudi goal nothing had changed for Mexico and they just needed one more goal.

Clearly Mexico didn't realise this either and there was a bit of a heads dropped, lack of intensity feel to their play then as they thought they needed two goals.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                              One vaguely interesting thing in the Mexico game which no-one on the pitch or commentary realised.

The Saudi goal in the 94rd minute didn't affect Mexico chances at all.
                                              In fact, it was arguably better to concede the goal there and have immediate possession at the half-way line rather than start making tackles and conceding corners.

Because at 2-0 Mexico were tied with Poland on goal diff and goals scored, and losing on yellow cards. Hence, they needed 1 more goal.
                                              But a 3-1 win would have put them ahead of Poland on goals scored. Therefore, despite the Saudi goal nothing had changed for Mexico and they just needed one more goal.

Clearly Mexico didn't realise this either and there was a bit of a heads dropped, lack of intensity feel to their play then as they thought they needed two goals.
                                              Yep, was rather amazed the commentary didn’t realise this. Thought it’d have been fairly obvious.

Only saw the end of the Mexico game and they did look a bit lacklustre. I don’t know how attacking they were prior to the SA goal but they should have been going gung ho seeing as it wouldn’t have mattered a jot if they scored!

Comment

This was a good read
                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Yep, was rather amazed the commentary didn’t realise this. Thought it’d have been fairly obvious.
                                                  What gets to me is not so much that the commentators make such mistakes, that happens in the heat of the moment.
                                                  Its more that they take actual pride in not knowing what's happening or what the ramification of each goal is, and start talking about 'leaving it to the people with the calculators to sort out'.
                                                  So you had Danny Murphy who clearly didn't have a scooby what was going on winding up Steve Bower who wasn't much better but was at least making some effort with a gibbering moron beside him.
                                                  But really it's the sort of stuff they should have been on top of with a tiny bit of research pre-match.

Only saw the end of the Mexico game and they did look a bit lacklustre. I don’t know how attacking they were prior to the SA goal but they should have been going gung ho seeing as it wouldn’t have mattered a jot if they scored!
                                                  Yeah, they were gung-ho for the previous 10 minutes but then very flat after the Saudi goal.

Comment

The drawing of lots is pathetic way to decide a game. Yellows cards is also not great. I think a better way to decide is a questionnaire filled in pre-tournament.

Questions like
                                                    who is better Ronaldo or Messi - Obviously those who vote Ronaldo should be awarded a yellow card for not taking the whole questionnaire thing seriously.
                                                    Klopp or Pep? Etc. Then at the end of the Tournament all the players who voted Klopp or Ronaldo should appear on the big screen before the final and publicly ridiculed.

Comment

Insanity in the first cricket test in Pakistan - England scoring >500 runs in a day.

Comment

So you had Danny Murphy who clearly didn't have a scooby what was going on winding up Steve Bower who wasn't much better but was at least making some effort with a gibbering moron beside him.
                                                        Danny Murphy's it should be on shots on target rather than yellow cards had me spending the next two minutes imaging Poland effectively passing to the Argentina keeper from the halfway line every time they got the ball.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post

Danny Murphy's it should be on shots on target rather than yellow cards had me spending the next two minutes imaging Poland effectively passing to the Argentina keeper from the halfway line every time they got the ball.
                                                          Lol, very true.

Comment

Originally posted by KK82 View Post
                                                            Can someone explain why he Anglo had to lend him money to support the position he had in the CFDs? If he didn't keep funding them would his position not have just been liquidated and he'd lose whatever he'd put in? I understand that he didn't want to cut his losses and he thought it could turn around, but why was that Anglo's problem? Did he already have huge loans with them that he wouldn't be able to repay?

Also, I didn't really understand the Maple 10 aspect of it. Quinn didn't actually own any shares in the bank, so how did him gambling on CFDs affect the share price?

Cheers!
                                                            Essentially when you are buying CFDs you do so on margin (levered up) so you don’t actually put in say 1m and buy a million shares, you only put down a deposit as such as some people like to take large positions without actually having to liquidate other assets they have to do so. In SQs case, when he bought that amount of Anglo, if he’d have done so in shares it would have been reported, but doing it through CFDs is not as you are not the beneficial owner of the shares you are really just buying a contract from someone to pay you an equivalent amount. Anyway, once his position became known, and hedge funds could see a) that the bank was in trouble and b) that he had such an outsized position, they can then start short-selling the actual stock, to force the share price down, which in turn would force with SQ to put up more Capital with the CFD provider (margin call) or for the CFD provider to cut his position, in turn selling more stock forcing the price down further and extended losses for SQ and gains for the short sellers. The Maple 10 I believe were allegedly lent money to buy the stake from SQ to avoid that kind of death spiral happening as once SQs positions was covered the trade disappears and the stock stabilises. My shaky memory (haven’t seen the doc) was that he kept choosing to put more capital up rather than cutting the position which exacerbated the problem, and might even have taken funds from the regulated insurance business to pay for it, but I’m not certain of the timing on that one.

Comment

The leverage giveth and the leverage taketh away (everything and more in this case).

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

We didnt knock the Dutch out, both had qualified. Lots were drawn to see who would be sceond and third. We ended up with Romania instead of West Germans.

TY I was only a pup at the time, memory not the best. Was sure it was the dutch. Always like reminding the Brazilians that Ireland were the only team to actually "beat" Italy in 94

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

If the drawing of lots had gone differently, we'd never have had the vision of Frank Rijkaards spit in Rudi Vollers hair.

Comment

Thefaithfulindian last race thurles today
                                                                      sorry about late text

Comment

Thetreacherousindian

Comment

Lukaku surely trying to break the record for 'chances missed from inside the 6 yard box'

Comment

How different could it have been if only they'd played him from the start? Possibly would have had double figures of missed chances.

Comment

How different could it have been if only they'd played him from the start? Possibly would have had double figures of missed chances.
                                                                              I'm a pure fish when it comes to soccer but the team that has impressed me the most (in terms of maximising its potential) has been the USA

Comment

I'm a pure fish when it comes to soccer but the team that has impressed me the most (in terms of maximising its potential) has been the USA
                                                                                Fish . We are still waiting 3 world cups later.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                                                  Thetreacherousindian

3.35
                                                                                  Feckin Cowboy

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                    btw that would make them the best performing online sportsbook, by margin, in the entire world. It would also leave them some way clear of the next best performer.
                                                                                    Do we know anyone who ever got a bet on with them?

Amazing performance for such a low profile business. I don't have an account with them and have never even seen an ad outside them having a show on oddschecker and that's despite me being about as visible to SEO as a mug punter as it's possible to be

Comment

Do we know anyone who ever got a bet on with them?

Amazing performance for such a low profile business. I don't have an account with them and have never even seen an ad outside them having a show on oddschecker and that's despite me being about as visible to SEO as a mug punter as it's possible to be
                                                                                      I believe most of the revenue derives from India and Russia (although it might be harder to dress that one up now).

Comment

So a man called Yeltsin from Costa Rica is currently knocking out Germany and Japan are beating Spain.
                                                                                        Good solid entertainment.

Comment

1st time in a long time agreeing with Boyd Barrett today in the Dáil
                                                                                          Giving Ursula a bit of a grilling on Israeli constant brutality with the palatine (who are no angels themselves) people
                                                                                          crazy stuff going on
                                                                                          too much power in them lads thru out the world

Comment

Originally posted by balfejohn View Post
                                                                                            1st time in a long time agreeing with Boyd Barrett today in the Dáil
                                                                                            Giving Ursula a bit of a grilling on Israeli constant brutality with the palatine (who are no angels themselves) people
                                                                                            crazy stuff going on
                                                                                            too much power in them lads thru out the world
                                                                                            What's VDL's responsibility for Israel?

Sounds like usual fascist deflection tactic of 'look, over there!' that clowns like Wallace and Daly like to indulge in. Except they're paid for it.

Comment

I have a friend who for many years has vocally based his evaluation of German players on how well they would look in an SS uniform. Once you start it doesn't leave you.

Comment

What's VDL's responsibility for Israel?

Sounds like usual fascist deflection tactic of 'look, over there!' that clowns like Wallace and Daly like to indulge in. Except they're paid for it.
                                                                                                As our esteemed leader in Europe she could propose sanctions against these shower of gimps for the atrocities they are carrying out but will stay silent due to the control these people seem to have over most of the 1st world countries

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                                  Great start to the house, here since Saturday and heating doesn't work yet - guy coming to look at it tomorrow that the developer neighbour sorted with them. Then today I notice water damage in the ceiling downstairs below the shower, so I call around but there is just the younger lad there, a foreman, to ask them is that water damage from the shower above? They say for sure the pipe is leaking and as this is a new build it's untested, so it often happens and that the developer will fix it for free. Call shortly afterwards from said developer pissed off saying he's not our landlord and we have to pay for it. I didn't ask them to pay, and also they told all and sundry that they'd fix any issues lol? Neighbour relations down the drain.
                                                                                                  no snagger who went through all this stuff?

We had a few teething issues and the builder even fixed stuff for us 4/5 months later without any question otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                                    btw that would make them the best performing online sportsbook, by margin, in the entire world. It would also leave them some way clear of the next best performer.
                                                                                                    Are they hiring?!

Comment

Originally posted by balfejohn View Post

As our esteemed leader in Europe she could propose sanctions against these shower of gimps for the atrocities they are carrying out but will stay silent due to the control these people seem to have over most of the 1st world countries
                                                                                                      'these people'

Gotcha

Comment

Official Europe has looked the other way as Israel has committed brutal atrocities for decades. When it is one of the few political regions in the world that has the moral and economic sway to strongly encourage Israel to change. Its a scumbag country that gets a free ride.
                                                                                                        "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Anyone given this a glance? It has the IMDB ratings to support it being good, but always a wee bit hesitant of Aussie humour.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                            Anyone given this a glance? It has the IMDB ratings to support it being good, but always a wee bit hesitant of Aussie humour.
                                                                                                            Started off very well and then lost it entirely imo.

Comment

Cheers! Disappointment avoided.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post

no snagger who went through all this stuff?

We had a few teething issues and the builder even fixed stuff for us 4/5 months later without any question otherwise.
                                                                                                                As the external walls existed for the build it doesn't count as a new build, so they get around all the pesky things like fixing things since they sell it as "refurbished".
                                                                                                                Was an amendment brought in in 2018 to allow commercial property to be changed to residential.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                                                  I have a friend who for many years has vocally based his evaluation of German players on how well they would look in an SS uniform. Once you start it doesn't leave you.
                                                                                                                  Hard not to look good in Hugo Boss.
                                                                                                                  I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                                    Official Europe has looked the other way as Israel has committed brutal atrocities for decades. When it is one of the few political regions in the world that has the moral and economic sway to strongly encourage Israel to change. Its a scumbag country that gets a free ride.
                                                                                                                    Do you know what official EU policy is on Israel\Palestine? Just wondering as the above suggests you don't...

Comment

Is that Russell Crowe poker movie any good?

Comment

Please dont fuck around....her,you want anything back from holibops....him, please dont fuck around...her, anything?? such a great song
                                                                                                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

Is that Russell Crowe poker movie any good?
                                                                                                                          No. Load of nonsense

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X