Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watt vs Watt Hour - https://www.techtarget.com/whatis/de...s%20per%20hour.

You may produce 1kW of excess power at any moment in time, if you do for one minute, then you will have generated 1/60 kWh.

The car chargers need 1.4kW (and some of them have a higher requirement!) of excess power from Solar to be able to start charging. So if at a moment in time your house is using 500W, and the sun really pings brightly and your panels (let me guess 8 panels @ 330Wp (peak production) ~ 2.6 kWp ) completely max out, then you will be generating 2.1kW of excess power.

If that 'moment' lasts for 1 hour, then your car will be able to take it all for that hour, meaning your car now has 2.1 kWh more in the battery than it did an hour ago.

The excess is "instanteous" - not per hour / per day etc. Only when there is >1.4kW (not watt hour) of power available will the car start charging. As above, you could produce over 10 hours 13kWh of excess energy, however not one unit of that would enter the car if it was a consistent 1.3kW of excess power over that time.
    Last edited by Emmet; 29-11-22, 13:51.

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
      I recall deciding the last time to wait on pulling the trigger on solar panels until Emmett tells me what I need.

Happy to continue along that path. I do remember you mentioning that you’re excluded from the grant given the date of the build which feels very arbitrary
      Just checked that out and house is too new to get the grant, lol? No solar panels so.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post

Just checked that out and house is too new to get the grant, lol? No solar panels so.
        I'm in the same boat as the house I'm buying is one someone I know has been building in fits and starts for several years, but the grant definition is that the house must be occupied in 2021 as defined by ESB connection. A bit of a pain in the neck, maybe they'll extend it in future.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post

I'm in the same boat as the house I'm buying is one someone I know has been building in fits and starts for several years, but the grant definition is that the house must be occupied in 2021 as defined by ESB connection. A bit of a pain in the neck, maybe they'll extend it in future.
          Seems like a really obvious way to boost installations, given the likelihood of new home owners wanting solars.
          "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
            Watt vs Watt Hour - https://www.techtarget.com/whatis/de...s%20per%20hour.

You may produce 1kW of excess power at any moment in time, if you do for one minute, then you will have generated 1/60 kWh.

The car chargers need 1.4kW (and some of them have a higher requirement!) of excess power from Solar to be able to start charging. So if at a moment in time your house is using 500W, and the sun really pings brightly and your panels (let me guess 8 panels @ 330Wp (peak production) ~ 2.6 kWp ) completely max out, then you will be generating 2.1kW of excess power.

If that 'moment' lasts for 1 hour, then your car will be able to take it all for that hour, meaning your car now has 2.1 kWh more in the battery than it did an hour ago.

The excess is "instanteous" - not per hour / per day etc. Only when there is >1.4kW (not watt hour) of power available will the car start charging. As above, you could produce over 10 hours 13kWh of excess energy, however not one unit of that would enter the car if it was a consistent 1.3kW of excess power over that time.
            Thanks! That actually does explain it.

Its a 3.95KW installation, so maybe gives a bit more wiggle-room.

Comment

Interesting about the solar. Was curious if there would be any juice.
              Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

The idea that as countries become richer they tend to transition to democracy is not a 'hot take', its an entire field of comparative politics research called modernization theory. Albeit, like all research, quite a debated idea. But Xi does indeed seem like an impediment. I think he's their first leader since Mao who didn't spend at least some significant time abroad, so doesn't seem to have that broader perspective of their previous leaders who were edging in the right direction.
              Just focusing on one part of the equation.

I think their Confucian background is more important than their GDP.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                Interesting about the solar. Was curious if there would be any juice.

Just focusing on one part of the equation.

I think their Confucian background is more important than their GDP.
                Could be. Or more generally that more individualistic societies tend towards democracy. Decent article here on the idea, which seems well-informed. I suppose I was just noting that it wasn't a 'hot take' that GDP growth tends to lead to greater democratization, but rather a whole stream of serious research

Comment

Looking for someone to deal a home game (in Foxrock) on Saturday 10th if anyone is interested or knows someone I could contact. Approx ~5 hours and happy to overpay on the hourly.

HJ introduced a great dealer last time but he’s unavailable.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Was hoping for some proper dismembering of opponents in Iran-USA but sadly the players seem to be all on the same side, politically speaking.
                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Could be. Or more generally that more individualistic societies tend towards democracy. Decent article here on the idea, which seems well-informed. I suppose I was just noting that it wasn't a 'hot take' that GDP growth tends to lead to greater democratization, but rather a whole stream of serious research
                      It seems a bit of an optimistic theory to me. If you look at the countries whose GDP per capita grew the most in the 25 years to 2017, they are: Equatorial Guinea
                      • China
                      • Myanmar
                      • Iraq
                      • Vietnam
                      • Cabo Verde
                      • Bhutan
                      • Laos
                      • India
                      • Albania
                      • Sri Lanka
                      • Ireland
                      Not much in the way of empirical support there, except ourselves of course. Even India has backslid somewhat. Vietnam is probably better.

Comment

Should be a national bounty placed on pit bulls- run a few over get some cash etc
                        forced sterilisation for the owners if they complain- seriously how are they legal in any form
                        would genuinely poison one if someone in my neighbourhood got one
                        Last edited by MysteryGuest; 29-11-22, 20:41.
                        Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

In case you have anyone in third level, this needs to be applied for by tomorrow.

Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by MysteryGuest View Post
                            Should be a national bounty placed on pit bulls- run a few over get some cash etc
                            forced sterilisation for the owners if they complain- seriously how are they legal in any form
                            would genuinely poison one if someone in my neighbourhood got one
                            Like a gun you can pet (Bill Burr)
                            Yeah, horrific injuries to that kid according to the article.

So many fuckwit owners who simply won't leash their dog...ah sure he's harmless etc until it's too late....he never bit anyone before And it's definitely a certain type of owner that go for pit bulls and Rotties etc. Mate of mine was telling me about his smaller family dog that these big dogs would run up to in the park and the howya owner would be calling out "ah shure he's grand won't bodder ye at all..sure he's only playin" ...so he bought a hurley and they started leashing their dogs right quick

Young kids especially vulnerable to nasty injury obviously ..face level to sharp teeth.

Fond of dogs myself but too many owners are stupid about them.

Comment

Originally posted by thechamp87 View Post
                              Looking for someone to deal a home game (in Foxrock) on Saturday 10th if anyone is interested or knows someone I could contact. Approx ~5 hours and happy to overpay on the hourly.

HJ introduced a great dealer last time but he’s unavailable.

Thanks in advance.
                              On the subject of poker, what is the go to brand of decent cards these days? We play a few home games and Copag was always our go-to. But the last couple of times we've played i've noticed they get marked far easier than i remember so wondering if the quality has dipped?

Comment

In the Chinese class last night and we were all chatting in basic, but actual, Chinese sentences. Some progress from ten weeks ago when we didn't know a single word. Amazing really the human capacity to adapt to new languages.

Eldest kid has made the awful choice to pick German over Spanish as her second (third) language in school and I find I innately remember nearly everything about the language. All the words, all the sentence structures. Like it was just sitting there in the back of the head waiting to pop out 25 years after finishing learning it. What other past learning is stuck in the back of our heads? Same with Irish for the youngest, a bit.

Comment

In the Chinese class last night and we were all chatting in basic, but actual, Chinese sentences. Some progress from ten weeks ago when we didn't know a single word. Amazing really the human capacity to adapt to new languages.

Eldest kid has made the awful choice to pick German over Spanish as her second (third) language in school and I find I innately remember nearly everything about the language. All the words, all the sentence structures. Like it was just sitting there in the back of the head waiting to pop out 25 years after finishing learning it. What other past learning is stuck in the back of our heads? Same with Irish for the youngest, a bit.
                                  Yu li lo mo hi.

Comment

Spent 2.5k on Metallica tickets this morning.

The music game has done changed.
                                    Last edited by Denny Crane; 30-11-22, 10:45.

Comment

^^^ puppet

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post

Yu li lo mo hi.
                                        you're missing the tones.

Comment

jaysus, those fucking qataris.

Comment

Off to Brussels for the Xmas market on the 9th Dec for the weekend
                                            Any europhile's here able to give me any tips on where to go /avoid?
                                            Recent riots has me missus wary about the place but I'm assuming it's an outlier given the level of coverage
                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

You could ditch Brussels and go out to Leuven, where I used to live instead. They have an Xmas market and it's lovely around there this time of year. Ghent and Bruges are probably also good options. I never had any time for Brussels.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                You could ditch Brussels and go out to Leuven, where I used to live instead. They have an Xmas market and it's lovely around there this time of year. Ghent and Bruges are probably also good options. I never had any time for Brussels.
                                                This.

Pop on a train . Brussels is ok though and the market might be cool. However what Zuutroph said.

Comment

Hmmm...
                                                  Not a great start...
                                                  Hoping for a day in Bruges but also need to be wary that everything seems to close on a Sunday?
                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

HOW? following them on tour ? Guy i jnow in the US goes to every gig from everyone . Its an obsession. Must be hitting the million spent on it. He'd text me eg , gonna go to a few of Depeche Mode gugs in Europe . WTF. In 2000s we were in Philly and ended up in the Kyber Bar boozing with David Gray . Didnt even know he was in town . Back then I had a ginger beard that started the worldwide hipster beard growing revolution. I was too pretty to hide my face so it had to go.

Comment

Ffs. Lars probably not happy he’s only like the worlds 3rd richest drummer.

Comment

Ghent is superb, like a mini Amsterdam but better.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

HOW? following them on tour ? Guy i jnow in the US goes to every gig from everyone . Its an obsession. Must be hitting the million spent on it. He'd text me eg , gonna go to a few of Depeche Mode gugs in Europe . WTF. In 2000s we were in Philly and ended up in the Kyber Bar boozing with David Gray . Didnt even know he was in town . Back then I had a ginger beard that started the worldwide hipster beard growing revolution. I was too pretty to hide my face so it had to go.
                                                          Tbf it's a pair of tickets for four shows across two cities, across two years. 8 total.

They're playing two nights in each city, and selling the tickets as pairs, 30 songs no repeats.

And i got pit tickets for centre of the stage for one of the legs
                                                          Last edited by Denny Crane; 30-11-22, 12:44.

Comment

• Xmas market obv
                                                            • St Catherine area (also central)
                                                            • Area directly to the west of Grand Place
                                                            • really cool old puppet theatre north of Grand Place (go for a look even if you can't get tickets, kids will like)
                                                            • The trail of Tintin themed murals
                                                            • Mannekin Pis obv.
                                                            • Christmas beer

If you and the mrs are feeling ready to be turbo-ejected into a world of funk, go clubbing in Matonge.

Comment

Ghent >>>>> Bruges imo

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                • Xmas market obv
                                                                • St Catherine area (also central)
                                                                • Area directly to the west of Grand Place
                                                                • really cool old puppet theatre north of Grand Place (go for a look even if you can't get tickets, kids will like)
                                                                • The trail of Tintin themed murals
                                                                • Mannekin Pis obv.
                                                                • Christmas beer

If you and the mrs are feeling ready to be turbo-ejected into a world of funk, go clubbing in Matonge.
                                                                Mannekin Pis

I dont get this as an attraction.

i personally love walking around outer city streets when touring . 1st time in a City i walk blisters into my shoes just gaping at the place. You get a real feel for a place walking amongst the locals. Probably best done alone though.

Comment

Tbf it's a pair of tickets for four shows across two cities, across two years. 8 total.

They're playing two nights in each city, and selling the tickets as pairs, 30 songs no repeats.

And i got pit tickets for centre of the stage for one of the legs
                                                                  Cant argue with that i guess

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                    This is clearly Werewolf, adapted for TV. I'm excited.

"Hidden amongst the contestants are three Traitors whose job it is to murder a player every night, without getting caught.
                                                                    It's then up to the Faithfuls to try and work out who the Traitors are and banish them before they themselves are murdered."
                                                                    BBC The Traitors start date, time and full list of contestants - Birmingham Live (birminghammail.co.uk)
                                                                    The Traitors | Shows and tours (bbc.co.uk)

MrsFlushdraw
                                                                    Well is this any good?
                                                                    ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post

Well is this any good?
                                                                      I recorded, not sure if/when I'll get around to watching.
                                                                      Was hoping someone here like your good self would let me know if was worth sticking with.

Comment

@DP; my list is based on you bringing kids. If not, drop half the stuff on the list but double the amount of Christmas beer you drink.

Comment

@DP: Most food and drink places open Sundays year round. Shops are allowed open something like 6 per year an usually keep them for December, though my information may be out of date.

Comment

This video is quite fascinating.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post

I recorded, not sure if/when I'll get around to watching.
                                                                              Was hoping someone here like your good self would let me know if was worth sticking with.
                                                                              Not much to go on so far. They just introduce the people to the game and pick the traitors. Boring part is there's a daily task that everyone have to complete (in teams so far) to build the prize pot. First murder done also, so we'll see how it goes in episode 2

Comment

Lars hasn't.

Has there ever been a more money grubbing chancer in the history of pop?

​​​​​​Obv it's subjective and whatever turns you on but IMO they just churn out bad elevator music disguised as metal.

I ever cease to be amazed by their success but I suppose I shouldn't be, they are an ideal soundtrack to a world where Qatar house the world cup, teenagers are still allowed to be exposed to Ayn Rand and Trump exists.
                                                                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

@DP; my list is based on you bringing kids. If not, drop half the stuff on the list but double the amount of Christmas beer you drink.
                                                                                  oh yeah 6 year old in tow.
                                                                                  I was half hoping for a similar plan that I carried out to perfection in Lisbon.
                                                                                  Just staying nicely sozzled on beer and ginja all day between adventuring
                                                                                  However, the belgian beers can be dangerous!

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

Lars hasn't.

​​​​​​Obv it's subjective and whatever turns you on but IMO they just churn out bad elevator music disguised as metal.

I ever cease to be amazed by their success but I suppose I shouldn't be, they are an ideal soundtrack to a world where Qatar house the world cup, teenagers are still allowed to be exposed to Ayn Rand and Trump exists.
                                                                                    Ah here , most harsh.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

oh yeah 6 year old in tow.
                                                                                      I was half hoping for a similar plan that I carried out to perfection in Lisbon.
                                                                                      Just staying nicely sozzled on beer and ginja all day between adventuring
                                                                                      However, the belgian beers can be dangerous!
                                                                                      Jupiler i think the beer was i stuck with . Was ok.

Had some other shite that was gank . I needed to do beer research before i went., big leak in my drinking gsme .

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post

Well is this any good?
                                                                                        I tried skimming through it, looks like all the shite on tv these days to be about 10 minutes of actual content in the hour.
                                                                                        It does seem to be fancy live werewolf.
                                                                                        No seer , which will surely take a lot of skill and fun away but presumably allows the producers more control of the narrative.

3 ww (traitors) and 17 vill (faithful) and there will be converts later.
                                                                                        WW team were handpicked by producers
                                                                                        As per generic reality tv mandates no one particularly likable involved.
                                                                                        Daytime is about team building tasks to increase the pot of money .

One nice trick is they have allowed a couple on secretly and afaics everyone fancies either one of them. Both vill's so it's inevitable one of them will be converted
                                                                                        .

It has potential, we all know what a great game it can be, if they get the casting and gameplay right for TV it could even be Big Brother huge. Might be they are playing too hard to established reality show tropes and will over script it because they don't trust the gameplay enough.

I'll give it a chance if the daytime bits can't be fast forwarded thrthrouh it will be hard to commit the time.

Comment

Lars hasn't.

Ah now.

My comments on Lars earlier were a bit tongue in cheek but he’s evolved into what seems to be a fairly decent individual. Easy to see how he divides opinion though.

They have anywhere from 2-5 astounding albums as agreed by general consensus. Most recent efforts don’t hit the same level of course but still an amazing live band and a touring behemoth really.

Comment

Everyone under 30 plays Among Us so they get their Werewolf fix elsewhere. Banger of a game.
                                                                                            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                              Everyone under 30 plays Among Us so they get their Werewolf fix elsewhere. Banger of a game.
                                                                                              Do they play in groups or with randomers?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

Jupiler i think the beer was i stuck with . Was ok.

Had some other shite that was gank . I needed to do beer research before i went., big leak in my drinking gsme .
                                                                                                  'Jupe' as the locals call it. Safe enough for a normal beer although Vedett is way nicer imo.

Although you don't go to Belgium to drink generic lager. Lash into some trappist ales (avoid the ones labelled 'Tripel' as they are rocket fuel), some geuze, some lambic but most of all, drink the specialist Christmas beer.

As the Colin Farrell character in In Bruges did just keep ordering 'a gay beer for my gay friend'.

Comment

Oh FFS, soccer is officially a joke. How can that ever be a penalty?

Decision sent down from the FIFA VIP box imo. At least natural justice was served.

Comment

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                                                                                                      This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Lars hasn't.

What lifts are you in?

Comment

Pray for Rigger . Fleetwood Mac icon RIP

Comment

Meant to say, I went a production of Conor McPherson's The Weir in the Abbey last Saturday. Now I'm biased as it's possibly my favourite play, but it's a fantastic production of an amazing play

Can't recommend it highly enough.

Comment

What lifts are you in?

My point illustrated, the first five minutes of that are a dickeyd up power ballad that's lacking the finesse of a Jim Steinman

Comment

Oh FFS, soccer is officially a joke. How can that ever be a penalty?

Decision sent down from the FIFA VIP box imo. At least natural justice was served.
                                                                                                                They call them “Superstar calls” in the NBA and normally I dismiss it a little like; ah they’re just highlighted more; they have the ball more hence it seems like that but that peno looked like the type of decision only very few people would get.

Comment

Comment

Forgot the full In Bruges quote was:

One gay beer for my gay friend, one normal beer for me because I am normal.
                                                                                                                    There was some great stuff in that movie. 'Yous a bunch of fucking elephants'.

Comment

As it stands Poland will progress by virtue of picking up fewer bookings (five to seven) than Mexico.

Both teams are level on points, goal difference, goals scored and head-to-head.

No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Poland is en route to knockout stages based on "indiscipline points" as they're locked on points, goal difference, goals scored and head-to-head with Mexico. I make that they have 3 fewer yellow cards than Mexico. If they end up on the same number of cards/points (yellow=1, red=3), it will be a drawing of lots like when we knocked out the Dutch.

Plenty of time for goals, cards and drama galore.

Comment

Great start to the house, here since Saturday and heating doesn't work yet - guy coming to look at it tomorrow that the developer neighbour sorted with them. Then today I notice water damage in the ceiling downstairs below the shower, so I call around but there is just the younger lad there, a foreman, to ask them is that water damage from the shower above? They say for sure the pipe is leaking and as this is a new build it's untested, so it often happens and that the developer will fix it for free. Call shortly afterwards from said developer pissed off saying he's not our landlord and we have to pay for it. I didn't ask them to pay, and also they told all and sundry that they'd fix any issues lol? Neighbour relations down the drain.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X