This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post

You are correct, I am not a Dub, doesn't matter than I've now crossed the line of living here longer than I lived in Galway. My 4 year old lad is also, as of last week, kitted out in Connacht gear for when he's at his under-5 rugby 'training' (don't worry MysteryGuest, there is no tackling so he should be quite alright for the next few years!), so hopefully will avoid becoming a true blue Dub himself for a little while
    You and Mrs D3 should arrange a weekly outing where you can speak Galwegian to each other. She was home at the weekend and is still saying stuff like 'arragh' and 'shhhtop'
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

I have a NYT sub online and find it pretty good. They clearly still have a budget that most papers don't; you get some great stuff off the main page from bits of the US you don't normally hear about as well as very good foreign coverage.
      Their coverage of FTX has been mind boggling.

Comment

Originally posted by Degag View Post

I'm not too sure. I don't think the typical SF voters are quite as loyal as Trumpists but they are definitely anti-establishment. I suspect they won't vote FF/FG in a month of Sundays, they'll either vote PBP maybe or not vote at all.

Ultimately they are just being led down a blind path and it's quite amazing how many people are following it. Friends of mine, some of whom are doing quite well for themselves, which i've alluded to before here i think, which amazes me. Some people just want to complain and want more without seeing the bigger picture. We are actually doing very OK as a country IMO - overall.

On the flip side, if/when SF do get in, it'll be interesting cause i don't really want them to do bad
        As soon as SF become the establishment things are gonna be bad, the new 'anti-establishment' are waiting in the wings and they are a nasty bunch of cunts....East Wall is just the start of it.
        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

Their coverage of FTX has been mind boggling.
          In what way? I've mainly been reading about it elsewhere but didn't see anything too strange.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
            Has the reporting in the NYT and WSJ always been so bad / inaccurate, I just wasn't aware of it?
            'She Said' is a really solid movie. Recommended. Taking Weinstein down was an amazing conclusion and far from inevitable.

Shows the NYT is a pretty good light.
            Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

So you can protest away, as long as you don't look for inconvenient things like democracy, human rights or an end to crazy covid policies. Because if you do, we'll beat you to a bloody pulp.

Got it. Sounds great.
              Not sure what your point is. I was simply saying that Chinese people are evidentally not 'sheeplike', the term you used. Thats a racial-driven Western stereotype that isn't reflective of how people there act.
              Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 28-11-22, 12:19.
              "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

Yeah, the kids call it balooning apparently
                Apparently its a 5-second high or something like that. Broadly a high that feels like you have a headache. It doesn't seem like a winning drug.

Comment

My small bit of watching RTE world cup coverage also did make it seem like the presenter hadn't a clue what she was presenting.

Although OP is being roasted here: https://www.reddit.com/r/ireland/com...rld_cup_panel/

I'm watching RTE here and the lady on match analysis with Kenny Cunningham and Peter Collins keeps calling Roberto Martinez "Robert Martinez" and cant pronounce well known players like Axel Witsel, Hakim Ziyech and Ivan Perisic's name. Like, nowhere near close. These are well known/ very famous players. She's clearly reading the names off a piece of paper/teleprompter and has never seen them play before at all. Anyone who watches match of the day or champions league highlights on Youtube knows those guys names. Looks completely out of her depth , and that's saying something when she's on with Peter Collins & Kenny Cunningham.

Before anyone says anything about being sexist, I don't care if they put 50 women on the panel once they actually know what's going on. Laura Woods, Alex Scott, Gabby Logan, Emma Byrne, Karen Carney & Joanne Cantwell are very good.

Its like gender equality on sports panels has become a box ticking exercise and the quality of the presenters knowledge is less important than what reproductive organs they have. Its absolute nonsense.
                  Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 28-11-22, 12:23.

Comment

Joseph N'Do was great fun on his first stint as studio analyst on RTE this morning.
                    Not particularly insightful or anything, just different from every other pundit.

Comment

I have a NYT sub online and find it pretty good. They clearly still have a budget that most papers don't; you get some great stuff off the main page from bits of the US you don't normally hear about as well as very good foreign coverage.
                      I got an email to say my sub is renewed for 2023 at 1e PM, great value.

I’m letting my Economist sub lapse, I prefer FP & FA these days both of which are approx 100e for the year.

Like you, it’s the exposure to things you don’t get elsewhere plus I feel it’s worthwhile supporting because they produce good podcasts which are free.

Also, on podcasts, World Cup & media, I heard Allistair Campbell mention on his pod yesterday that Gary Lineker is actually their boss.
                      He owns the production company which has that and a couple of history pods including Al Murray’s.
                      A slight way around the BBC telling him to keep his political views to himself

Comment

This is clearly Werewolf, adapted for TV. I'm excited.

"Hidden amongst the contestants are three Traitors whose job it is to murder a player every night, without getting caught.
                        It's then up to the Faithfuls to try and work out who the Traitors are and banish them before they themselves are murdered."
                        BBC The Traitors start date, time and full list of contestants - Birmingham Live (birminghammail.co.uk)
                        The Traitors | Shows and tours (bbc.co.uk)

MrsFlushdraw

Comment

Thinking about these protests a bit in China and Iran (not too deeply of course). Is there any autocratic country in the world, whether ruled by dictators, religious zealots or a machine like the CCP where in recent years (the last 40 or so even) where protests and uprising has led to an authoritarian regime being replaced by one that has made the lives of the people in that country better? Usually one dictator is replaced by another, albeit packaged differently perhaps. I was maybe thinking the fall of the iron curtain for citizens in the east of europe, the fall of Ceausesku, but they are probably mostly as a result of what happened in Russia. The fall of communism there has hardly resulted in untold freedoms for the people there either although I'm sure Comrade Hitch will fill me in on all the brilliant lives the peasants have there.

Comment

In what way? I've mainly been reading about it elsewhere but didn't see anything too strange.
                            This is an usual headline to run regarding a billion dollar fraud

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post
                              Thinking about these protests a bit in China and Iran (not too deeply of course). Is there any autocratic country in the world, whether ruled by dictators, religious zealots or a machine like the CCP where in recent years (the last 40 or so even) where protests and uprising has led to an authoritarian regime being replaced by one that has made the lives of the people in that country better? Usually one dictator is replaced by another, albeit packaged differently perhaps. I was maybe thinking the fall of the iron curtain for citizens in the east of europe, the fall of Ceausesku, but they are probably mostly as a result of what happened in Russia. The fall of communism there has hardly resulted in untold freedoms for the people there either although I'm sure Comrade Hitch will fill me in on all the brilliant lives the peasants have there.
                              Portugal probably fits your spec, although it's closer to 50 years since the revolution (1974)

Comment

To pick a few:

East Germany, Romania, Poland, Hungary, Czechslovakia, Bulgaria?...all indisputably more free and better off.

South Africa? definitely more free and trending more equal

Argentina? now a democracy, albeit one with an excitingly erratic economy

Comment

I think though 6star, you are touching on something quite fundamental. You can't expect democracy to flourish automatically where previously there was no tradition of it. Hence why we frequently see a reversion to the mean of autocracy in countries where repressive regimes are overthrown.
                                  The exception being of course those countries of Eastern Europe that got vast amounts of support from the EU to do so, and even then it was a decades-long exercise in building the institutions of democracy in those places.

Comment

If Putin somehow fell out of a window in the Kremlin (), I have zero doubt that the replacement regime would probably be equally as bad.

Comment

I think though 6star, you are touching on something quite fundamental. You can't expect democracy to flourish automatically where previously there was no tradition of it. Hence why we frequently see a reversion to the mean of autocracy in countries where repressive regimes are overthrown.
                                      The exception being of course those countries of Eastern Europe that got vast amounts of support from the EU to do so, and even then it was a decades-long exercise in building the institutions of democracy in those places.
                                      There's far too much invested in China from the West for a regime change to be allowed imo
                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Ya, with the exception of SA (to a decent degree at least) and maybe Argies, the rest were lucky enough to get free of the soviet influence which made it much more likely, in proximity to the rest of Europe that things would improve for many, if not all.

Is there any real chance of anything decent coming out if this in Iran or China? In China the best I'd expect is for the CCP to relent on some covid measures over a period of time.

I don't know what a good end point for any of those places for the people living there would be. I don't want to project western norms (which aren't without flaws either), but surely there has to be something better than oppression and religious zealotry? For much of the ME, given that religion for most of them is not going to taper off like it did here, hopefully in the next generation or two there will be a progression towards a more tolerant view of many things. Not necessarily one where gay marriage is celebrated and an every day part of life, but equally one where it doesn't mean oppression, execution and the likes. Who knows. I'm sure 50 years ago the Ireland of today would have been unthinkable to the people of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

There's far too much invested in China from the West for a regime change to be allowed imo
                                          The current trend would suggest that is not the case at all. Look at what the Biden administration is doing about chip manufacturing.

Comment

If Putin somehow fell out of a window in the Kremlin (), I have zero doubt that the replacement regime would probably be equally as bad.
                                            That's basically what I'm getting at. Power is far too valuable and gettable in many of these places, that when one goes, more shit often follows.

I've no idea what life is like in Cambodia these days, but presumably not as bad as Pol Pot days for lots of people. Perhaps I'm too pessimistic, and too swayed by the short lived joy of things like te Arab spring where dictators were overthrown to great initial hope but others just as bad in many ways swooped in.

Comment

I don't know what a good end point for any of those places for the people living there would be. I don't want to project western norms (which aren't without flaws either), but surely there has to be something better than oppression and religious zealotry? For much of the ME, given that religion for most of them is not going to taper off like it did here, hopefully in the next generation or two there will be a progression towards a more tolerant view of many things. Not necessarily one where gay marriage is celebrated and an every day part of life, but equally one where it doesn't mean oppression, execution and the likes. Who knows. I'm sure 50 years ago the Ireland of today would have been unthinkable to the people of the time.
                                              At least Ireland moved forward over 50 years. The ME has generally been moving backwards over the last 50. Tehran, Baghdad and Beirut used to be rather cosmopolitan cities...

Comment

Can someone post the text of Rory article from the Sindo please.
                                                His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                                  Can someone post the text of Rory article from the Sindo please.
                                                  You can use the site: archive DOT ph

It's a web archive site around for a long time, so nothing to worry about.

Comment

Amazing how the Horse-head Elite have done a 180 on anti-lockdown protests.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                      Amazing how the Horse-head Elite have done a 180 on anti-lockdown protests.
                                                      We are nothing if not mendaciously inconsistent.

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post

Nice one
                                                        His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post

That's excellent. Never knew it existed.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

As soon as SF become the establishment things are gonna be bad, the new 'anti-establishment' are waiting in the wings and they are a nasty bunch of cunts....East Wall is just the start of it.
                                                            Far be it from me to give SF/IRA credit for anything but despite the fact that its their core supporters and activists that are being targeted by the worst of the fringe elements they appear to be actively working to keep some sort of a lid on things.
                                                            Obviously it's politically expedient for them to desert their previous anti immigration position and key founding principals of 'We Ourselves' at least until they get through the next election.

I wouldn't expect them to be making space for their competitors on the far right once they get into power. More likely that with a majority in the Dail and back benches stuffed with 'Wheelie Bins' incapable of identifying with anyone who isn't a wrap the green flag round me 'up the ra' chanting imbecile they will show their true colours as an extreme right authoritarian party.
                                                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post

I got an email to say my sub is renewed for 2023 at 1e PM, great value.

I’m letting my Economist sub lapse, I prefer FP & FA these days both of which are approx 100e for the year.

Like you, it’s the exposure to things you don’t get elsewhere plus I feel it’s worthwhile supporting because they produce good podcasts which are free.

Also, on podcasts, World Cup & media, I heard Allistair Campbell mention on his pod yesterday that Gary Lineker is actually their boss.
                                                              He owns the production company which has that and a couple of history pods including Al Murray’s.
                                                              A slight way around the BBC telling him to keep his political views to himself
                                                              The New York Times podcasts (well the daily anyway) are almost unlistenable because of the affected way the presenters talk- maybe it’s a wider podcast thing but it’s ultra tilting
                                                              Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

South Korea, Indonesia, and now welcoming Malaysia to the group, in terms of Asian countries making the transition to democracy successfully too. Its nearly inevitable that China will follow also. Probably why there is the rise of protests over time there, as people realise things don't have to be controlled.

The hope, of course, is that like South Korea, Indonesia (partially), and Malaysia, the transition will be peaceful. Essentially gradually introducing more and more democratic-like behaviour, before the big 'election' moment. Not sure the reappointment of Xi is all that great in that context, he doesn't seem to have many big ideas.

Comment

Wouldn't like to be sweating a CR7 goal scorer bet.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                    Wouldn't like to be sweating a CR7 goal scorer bet.
                                                                    He never touched it he knows he didn't. Glory hunting Ponce.

Comment

Fourth year in a row ordering the Google Photo Book. Essentially you select photos from the year, can add little captions etc, turn it into a nice hardcover book, and it becomes your 'the memory of the year' album. Think its a lovely idea. Was looking back at the first one from four years ago and the kids were tiny. Indeed there's a decent chance that they become increasingly tinged with sadness as the years go by, as you look back, or indeed as you look at the transition. Yeah, scratch that, its a woeful idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                        South Korea, Indonesia, and now welcoming Malaysia to the group, in terms of Asian countries making the transition to democracy successfully too. Its nearly inevitable that China will follow also. Probably why there is the rise of protests over time there, as people realise things don't have to be controlled.

The hope, of course, is that like South Korea, Indonesia (partially), and Malaysia, the transition will be peaceful. Essentially gradually introducing more and more democratic-like behaviour, before the big 'election' moment. Not sure the reappointment of Xi is all that great in that context, he doesn't seem to have many big ideas.
                                                                        China is becoming more authoritarian and bellicose under Xi, not less. Which kinda blows your hot take out of the water really.

Comment

Originally posted by limpwhacker View Post

He never touched it he knows he didn't. Glory hunting Ponce.
                                                                          If it was Maradona he gets the goal as his Aura would have touched it. Id say Ronaldo felt the breeze and thought his hair brushed it. Not contesting the 'ponce' point.

Comment

Quote of the Day:

I speak Spanish to God, Italian to women, French to men, and German to my horse.

(Charlemagne)

Comment

Quote of the Day:

(Charlemagne)
                                                                              And dutch to my bike .

Comment

China is becoming more authoritarian and bellicose under Xi, not less. Which kinda blows your hot take out of the water really.
                                                                                The idea that as countries become richer they tend to transition to democracy is not a 'hot take', its an entire field of comparative politics research called modernization theory. Albeit, like all research, quite a debated idea. But Xi does indeed seem like an impediment. I think he's their first leader since Mao who didn't spend at least some significant time abroad, so doesn't seem to have that broader perspective of their previous leaders who were edging in the right direction.

Comment

The idea that as countries become richer they tend to transition to democracy is not a 'hot take', its an entire field of comparative politics research called modernization theory. Albeit, like all research, quite a debated idea. But Xi does indeed seem like an impediment. I think he's their first leader since Mao who didn't spend at least some significant time abroad, so doesn't seem to have that broader perspective of their previous leaders who were edging in the right direction.
                                                                                  Not sure you can describe an untrammeled dictator as an 'impediment'. He's doing exactly what Putin did, seizing and concentrating power while at the same time vastly increasing the machinery of repression.

Comment

Originally posted by MysteryGuest View Post

The New York Times podcasts (well the daily anyway) are almost unlistenable because of the affected way the presenters talk- maybe it’s a wider podcast thing but it’s ultra tilting
                                                                                    I have listened to a couple but I’d agree they’re not great.

FP, FA & Economist all produce good content imo.
                                                                                    In light of RD3 & Hitch conversation, a recently released series on Xi which is quite good and this on Africa, S1 on Infrastructure & S2 on Climate.

Comment

Quote of the Day:

(Charlemagne)
                                                                                      A friend watching the Brazil - Switzerland game earlier messaged a complaint to me about how boring the Swiss team is with "Switzerland are just Poland with better haircuts."

Comment

Just caught a few minutes of what looks like a hagiography of Sean Quinn on RTE

WTaF They just got through a ten minute section on him going to war with CRH and the only mention of source of funds was that he owned the fucking Cat and Cage

Comment

"He built his business through a combination of guts, gravel, granite and genius..."

GTFO

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

WTaF They just got through a ten minute section on him going to war with CRH and the only mention of source of funds was that he owned the fucking Cat and Cage
                                                                                            I'd say he is getting set up for a big fall in Wednesday night.

Comment

Just up in the attic to look at the solar. We're generating 7 kwh a day even in winter. It was 15 kwh a day during June-October. So probably works out at an average of 4,000 kwh during the whole year.

Units are currently 40c, so that's an average of about €1,500 return during the year if you use all the units rather than sell them back to the grid (which we were during the summer) at half that price. We also get hot water from that, which is a free addition.

Big thing we'll do next is get a new car charger that only charges the car off excess solar kwh, so that will act almost as a battery (batteries themselves are woeful value at the moment - a few grand), then we'll be driving around for free during six months of the year and getting the full €1,500 return.

Cost of install was €6,200 after grant. Its the bargain of the century.

*if* you have the cash, which is clearly not a given, then solar is a slam-dunk in Dublin at least.

Comment

Used a massive 12,000 kwh last year, due to brutal insulation and the disastrous decision to install electric radiators.

My sense is we'll use about 7,000 kwh this coming year due to the new windows, door, attic foam insulation, better heating management. Plus charging the car.

The hope is that when the external insulation is finally installed that should fall to around 4,000 kwh, even with needing to be less of a nazi on house heating. So it would be more-or-less cancelled out by the solar.

A long journey to get there though.

Comment

UK census stats:

Some 46.2% said they were Christian, down from 59.3% in 2011.

Of Londoners 36.8% identify as White: English, Welsh, Scottish, Northern Irish or British - down from 44.9%
                                                                                                  Its a rather diverse society.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

In a completely defamation-free question unrelated to the above - is the perception that some hypothetical person called, say, Cean Kuinn, was a funding front for a militia organisation?

Comment

Used a massive 12,000 kwh last year, due to brutal insulation and the disastrous decision to install electric radiators.

My sense is we'll use about 7,000 kwh this coming year due to the new windows, door, attic foam insulation, better heating management. Plus charging the car.

The hope is that when the external insulation is finally installed that should fall to around 4,000 kwh, even with needing to be less of a nazi on house heating. So it would be more-or-less cancelled out by the solar.

A long journey to get there though.
                                                                                                      For comparison purposes, we used about 5,100 kwh in the last 12 months, which includes heating, but we don't have solar. We have no gas/oil. It is an A rated house (supposedly) and I suspect we could be using less if we tried more. I've been WFH all that time too, and the missus here as well on a career break.

Comment

For comparison purposes, we used about 5,100 kwh in the last 12 months, which includes heating, but we don't have solar. We have no gas/oil. It is an A rated house (supposedly) and I suspect we could be using less if we tried more. I've been WFH all that time too, and the missus here as well on a career break.
                                                                                                        Do you have an electric car - or that's just regular house usage? Suggests that even with the insulation we won't get down anywhere near 4,000 with the car. Maybe a net 3,000 kwh with the car and the solar. No gas/oil here either. Do you have a heat pump?

Comment

Do you have an electric car - or that's just regular house usage? Suggests that even with the insulation we won't get down anywhere near 4,000 with the car. Maybe a net 3,000 kwh with the car and the solar. No gas/oil here either. Do you have a heat pump?
                                                                                                          No electric car, yes to heat pump. Our heating system, even after over 5 years is still a mystery to me though. At times in the summer (and not outlier cold day) the radiators may be warm at times. This means that I'm sure it is on at times when we don't need it on. We have far too many appliances on standby at night too generally I'd say if we wanted to get proper nazi like about usage.

Comment

Been quite a pleasant winter so far lets hope the north wind dont blow . A snow deluge might just finish off the UK.

Comment

A source told NBC News that Mr Fuentes is advising West on his potential presidential bid.
                                                                                                              The dinner reportedly became heated after West suggested Mr Trump should be his running mate in 2024.
                                                                                                              Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                                                                                Been quite a pleasant winter so far lets hope the north wind dont blow . A snow deluge might just finish off the UK.
                                                                                                                Proper winter coming at the weekend. Looking like the mercury won't be tipping 10 degrees again for quite a while.

Comment

Installed one of these this month - https://shop.shelly.cloud/shelly-em-...tomation-1#143

No need for a smart meter and the awful tarriffs that they expose you to (that I am unable to turn back from now).

The 120A CT clamp goes over your mains power in on your consumer unit, the 50A CT over any large users (car charger / heat pump / electric shower if you have any) and you get full Live power readings down both channels. Am actually considering buying a second to get even further granularity of usage.

Power off at the main fuse before installing obviously!

Screenshot 2022-11-29 12.54.47.png

We're an A2/A3 house, with heat pump and electric car. House+car will be ~ 7200kWh this year (car about 1800 of that I think).

Hitchhiker's Guide To... as before - you'll need > 1.4kW of excess to get trickle into the car - it's not just the kWh that you created that will magically appear in the car if plugged in during the day. (1 kW of excess for 5000 hours = 5k kWh but zero of that would make it into the car for example). Car obviously needs to be parked at home during sunshine generating hours too. So if your solar panels generate 2.2 kW of power at an instance during a sunny day, but your house base load is 900W / someone switches on the dishwasher, you're snookered for car juice.
                                                                                                                  Last edited by Emmet; 29-11-22, 12:57.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post

Proper winter coming at the weekend. Looking like the mercury won't be tipping 10 degrees again for quite a while.
                                                                                                                    White Christmas yey.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post

Lol
                                                                                                                      West to toast .

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                                        Installed one of these this month - https://shop.shelly.cloud/shelly-em-...tomation-1#143

No need for a smart meter and the awful tarriffs that they expose you to (that I am unable to turn back from now).

The 120A CT clamp goes over your mains power in on your consumer unit, the 50A CT over any large users (car charger / heat pump / electric shower if you have any) and you get full Live power readings down both channels. Am actually considering buying a second to get even further granularity of usage.

Power off at the main fuse before installing obviously!

Screenshot 2022-11-29 12.54.47.png

We're an A2/A3 house, with heat pump and electric car. House+car will be ~ 7200kWh this year (car about 1800 of that I think).

Hitchhiker's Guide To... as before - you'll need > 1.4kW of excess to get trickle into the car - it's not just the kWh that you created that will magically appear in the car if plugged in during the day. (1 kW of excess for 5000 hours = 5k kWh but zero of that would make it into the car for example). Car obviously needs to be parked at home during sunshine generating hours too. So if your solar panels generate 2.2 kW of power at an instance during a sunny day, but your house base load is 900W / someone switches on the dishwasher, you're snookered for car juice.
                                                                                                                        Thanks!

I have the memory of a ... something.

Ah, didn't know that. In our case it might still make sense as:

1. We didn't claim a grant for the initial charger, so the switch to the solar charger will be heavily grant subsidised
                                                                                                                        2. The car is at home during the day, nearly every day
                                                                                                                        3. For summer the excess during daylight hours could easily be 5-10kW

But, wait, for clarification - do you mean it needs to be 1.4kW excess an hour, or that's per day?

Comment

I recall deciding the last time to wait on pulling the trigger on solar panels until Emmett tells me what I need.

Happy to continue along that path. I do remember you mentioning that you’re excluded from the grant given the date of the build which feels very arbitrary

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X