This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
    The big revelation for me was around the age of 35/36, can't remember, when I retrained in data science. Did maybe 20 courses over the space of a year, and it so ridiculously enjoyable to be learning. Had spent so long giving out knowledge, without taking in new structured knowledge, that I'd grown stale. Its fucking brilliant to learn new things. Like this Chinese course I'm taking is mindblowing - just the whole different perspective on communication.
    You know people say that if you have not been to university then you will not have had a proper education.
    Well let me tell you , Albert Einstein never went to university , but that never stopped him being the first man to climb Everest ……..

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
      On a similar thread to Hitch's,
      My sis in law wants my niece to do secondary school through Irish. She hasn't done this in primary school.
      Says it's because you can get 30% extra in the leaving.
      I'll be quite honest, nobody on the family is fluent in Irish.

Am I right in thinking wtaf?
      In this case it's surely better to get grinds in English to bring the grades up if needed, rather than be labouring through 6 years of a dead language?
      She probably thinks it’s a bonus 30% on the point total.
      But probably missing the fact that the child’s ability to do maths, physics, engineering, history, geography, etc through Irish is not going to be equal to their ability in English.

But they are probably marked a touch on the soft side too.

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post
        In terms of school, I regret not studying more for the fact that even to this day I find it hard to study (when the rare need arrives by doing work certification, etc) as I never really learned how to do it properly when I was a teenager.
        The LC for the most part is a memory game. Content, formulae, methodologies etc. Yet in most schools there is no study skills class. Bizarre as it will improve performance across the board. Kids are told they need to study and revise but are not trained in how to do it effectively. Learning how to study well will stand to a student all the way through to Uni and beyond.
        Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post

the diptyque advent calendar is a thing of beauty (if she likes candles, and they're some of the best candles you can get)
          Hitch probably more interested in the likes of…

Make the countdown to Christmas hotter than ever with sexy advent calendars from Ann Summers. Free delivery over £40 plus discreet packaging

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
            God I hate buying presents. As a person with zero creativity or imagination I should get an exemption.
            I kinda hate receiving presents too. I feel if I need something I get it and vice versa. So when given a present I'm usually left feeling I don't need or want this.

The marketing people have won Christmas. In fact they have won about every other holiday and festival too.

I'm going to ask my nearest and dearest if they were planning any purchase that I can buy for them. If not it will be a consumable likesome nice food treat.

Apart from the kids (teens love cash) I can't see myself spending big on anyone else.

Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

I always know the perfect gift to get loved ones.....
              Xmas morning just before they open the gift I've gotten them instead. It's like a fucking super power of missed inspiration.
              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                I always know the perfect gift to get loved ones.....
                Xmas morning just before they open the gift I've gotten them instead. It's like a fucking super power of missed inspiration.
                Write that lightning bolt of inspiration down for future birthday/christmas gift buying you.

Comment

The UK looks more fucked by the day. Which is going to spill over and hurt us in some ways but we're a lot more diversified now.
                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Write that lightning bolt of inspiration down for future birthday/christmas gift buying you.
                    fuck that guy, what's he ever done for me?
                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

I sometimes (like more than thrice) have bought presents for people of things I like, and end up keeping it for myself. Some pretty shite substitutes thrown in.
                      Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

On a similar thread to Hitch's,
                        My sis in law wants my niece to do secondary school through Irish. She hasn't done this in primary school.
                        Says it's because you can get 30% extra in the leaving.
                        I'll be quite honest, nobody on the family is fluent in Irish.

Am I right in thinking wtaf?
                        In this case it's surely better to get grinds in English to bring the grades up if needed, rather than be labouring through 6 years of a dead language?
                        I know a few people that did it in primary school and secondary school. They felt goosed when it came to doing science subjects in English in college.

Comment

You get 10% of the marks you didn't get if you do the paper through Gaeilge. Definitely not a huge sweetner.

So
                          raw 50% => 55%
                          raw 80% => 82%

Daughter is queued up for a Gaelscoil, both my younger brothers went but I started school a year before the local one opened.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                            You get 10% of the marks you didn't get if you do the paper through Gaeilge. Definitely not a huge sweetner.

So
                            raw 50% => 55%
                            raw 80% => 82%

Daughter is queued up for a Gaelscoil, both my younger brothers went but I started school a year before the local one opened.
                            Is there a reason behind the Gaelscoil choice?

Nearest / least riff raff?
                            ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Have ye considered a school in a language that people actually speak?
                              "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

In the process of signing a book contract with a very reputable publisher. The contract is interesting - I was mentally expecting the royalties to be a fair bit less?

We could offer a royalty of 5 per cent of the Publisher's net receipts on the first 300 copies, 7.5 per cent on the next 300 copies, and 10 per cent thereafter on hardback copies, 5 per cent on the Publisher's net receipts on the first 500 copies, 7.5 per cent on the next 500 copies and 10 per cent thereafter on any subsequent paperback edition, and 5 per cent of the Publisher’s net receipts on the first £10,000 of net receipts and 7.5 per cent thereafter on the electronic edition.
                                My understanding is that net receipts is the sales price minus any discounts offered to sellers, rather than some The Producers scam where they can deduct all manner of expenses. But will double-check.

Probably the absolute best case scenario is about €10k of royalties, so you wouldn't be doing it for the money anyway.

Comment

When we were considering primary schools, the gaelscoil was binned when we realised we'd struggle to help them with their homework.

As an aside, there seems to have been a really positive change in how it's taught and presented to kids. Our two seem to have a bit of a gra for it, yapping and singing away in it at home.
                                  I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

In the process of signing a book contract with a very reputable publisher. The contract is interesting - I was mentally expecting the royalties to be a fair bit less?

My understanding is that net receipts is the sales price minus any discounts offered to sellers, rather than some The Producers scam where they can deduct all manner of expenses. But will double-check.

Probably the absolute best case scenario is about €10k of royalties, so you wouldn't be doing it for the money anyway.
                                    Congrats Hitch, that's fantastic.

Comment

Circa 2050s

Comment

Is there a reason behind the Gaelscoil choice?

Nearest / least riff raff?
                                        Quite a lot of the objectively good stuff @ https://gaeloideachas.ie/why-choose-...medium-school/ for the head, and then for the heart - just a keen interest in keeping the language alive.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                          When we were considering primary schools, the gaelscoil was binned when we realised we'd struggle to help them with their homework.

As an aside, there seems to have been a really positive change in how it's taught and presented to kids. Our two seem to have a bit of a gra for it, yapping and singing away in it at home.
                                          Think that's another reason herself is so keen on the idea, I'll be the only one expected to help out as she gets "the exemption" by being a 'foreigner'.

I'll be required to do an interview / conversation before she'll be accepted into the school. I'm not certain that's a discriminator, just a way for them to figure out which kids may get more support at home etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

The modern primary school teacher really is fantastically well-trained. The curriculum seems to be vastly improved also. I don't know how the teachers do it tbh. The youngest is one of 25 or so in his class, and some of the individual accommodations the teacher has made for him are mindboggling, given all the other kids have all their needs as well. How do you keep track of it all?!

In the French school they do both the French curriculum and then Irish teachers come in teach the Irish curriculum (history, geography, Irish, English). The French curriculum seems very staid compared to the creativity and engagement of the Irish curriculum.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post

Think that's another reason herself is so keen on the idea, I'll be the only one expected to help out as she gets "the exemption" by being a 'foreigner'.

I'll be required to do an interview / conversation before she'll be accepted into the school. I'm not certain that's a discriminator, just a way for them to figure out which kids may get more support at home etc.
                                              Oh I didn't realise they did that. That's good.

lol from d'missus, wp her.

Hey, did you manage to set that bridge up OK, or do you need any help with it?

Comment

Always marvelled at herself bring a genius at picking perfect presents for me every time.
                                                Recently discovered her secret was to trawl through my Amazon account and seeing what I looked up.

Casually enquired how she knew my password.
                                                "I wait until you're asleep and
                                                use your finger print to unlock the 'phone."

Clearly having an affair would not go unnoticed!

Comment

Originally posted by DeeBrown View Post
                                                  Always marvelled at herself bring a genius at picking perfect presents for me every time.
                                                  Recently discovered her secret was to trawl through my Amazon account and seeing what I looked up.

Casually enquired how she knew my password.
                                                  "I wait until you're asleep and
                                                  use your finger print to unlock the 'phone."

Clearly having an affair would not go unnoticed!

Comment

That’s great, congrats.

Will it be technical and more academic focused or more in the pop psych space like Freakanomics?

Comment

In the process of signing a book contract with a very reputable publisher.
                                                      So in the week we lose a qualified pilot, we gain a published author. Swings and roundabouts.

I look forward to publishing a scathing review on Goodreads.

Comment

The modern primary school teacher really is fantastically well-trained. The curriculum seems to be vastly improved also. I don't know how the teachers do it tbh. The youngest is one of 25 or so in his class, and some of the individual accommodations the teacher has made for him are mindboggling, given all the other kids have all their needs as well. How do you keep track of it all?!

In the French school they do both the French curriculum and then Irish teachers come in teach the Irish curriculum (history, geography, Irish, English). The French curriculum seems very staid compared to the creativity and engagement of the Irish curriculum.
                                                        I think the biggest difference is how kids with special needs get identified and helped. When I think back on it, there were kids in my class who, with the benefit of hindsight, were more than likely autistic, had ADHD, had Asbergers etc. They were generally shoved in the corner and ignored, their parents had no idea what to do either (I do wonder where they are now - I know one of them became a CoI rector ).

As an example, our youngest has always been an appalling speller but ahead in every other way. She's 11 but would be devouring the books of her 16 year old sister and writing extremely creative stories with a wide vocabulary (clearly a chip off the old block). We always thought she just wasn't making an effort at spelling and would push her, leading to frustrations on both sides when the spelling invariably didn't improve. Her teacher last year was concerned and ran some extra tests, then suggested we go to a specialist for a diagnosis - lo and behold, she has been diagnosed with a very limited form of dyslexia that only affects spelling. Apparently linked to being ambidextrous, which is weird but a recognised 'thing'. Now getting extra support out the wazoo in her last year of primary school but, more importantly, is now going to get all the required exemptions in secondary i.e. she won't get docked marks in state exams for bad spelling, can use a laptop if she wants and, to her delight, can get a deferment from Irish, although she is actually quite fluent in it verbally. Even things that you wouldn't think of like which language to pick - German is way easier than French if you have dyslexia.

Just a small example from close to home. I reckon even 20 years ago that would have gone undiagnosed and led to a lot of negative outcomes...

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post

That’s great, congrats.

Will it be technical and more academic focused or more in the pop psych space like Freakanomics?
                                                          More academic. A book called 'Understanding NFTs'. Which is a bit of a bet on NFTs actually recovering and becoming a thing. I've always being a general researcher - flitting about from area to area - so this is a first attempt to narrow down to an area of expertise and deepen it. After this, and with some earlier publications, I'd be able to reasonably claim to be 'the' expert in the area.

Now, as zuut will attest, academics tend to frequently get offers to write books, as the main effort is on the part of the author while the publishing house only has the upside. But felt this was the one area for writing a book that actually made sense to do, and with a high-status publishing house.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

I think the biggest difference is how kids with special needs get identified and helped. When I think back on it, there were kids in my class who, with the benefit of hindsight, were more than likely autistic, had ADHD, had Asbergers etc. They were generally shoved in the corner and ignored, their parents had no idea what to do either (I do wonder where they are now - I know one of them became a CoI rector ).

As an example, our youngest has always been an appalling speller but ahead in every other way. She's 11 but would be devouring the books of her 16 year old sister and writing extremely creative stories with a wide vocabulary (clearly a chip off the old block). We always thought she just wasn't making an effort at spelling and would push her, leading to frustrations on both sides when the spelling invariably didn't improve. Her teacher last year was concerned and ran some extra tests, then suggested we go to a specialist for a diagnosis - lo and behold, she has been diagnosed with a very limited form of dyslexia that only affects spelling. Apparently linked to being ambidextrous, which is weird but a recognised 'thing'. Now getting extra support out the wazoo in her last year of primary school but, more importantly, is now going to get all the required exemptions in secondary i.e. she won't get docked marks in state exams for bad spelling, can use a laptop if she wants and, to her delight, can get a deferment from Irish, although she is actually quite fluent in it verbally. Even things that you wouldn't think of like which language to pick - German is way easier than French if you have dyslexia.

Just a small example from close to home. I reckon even 20 years ago that would have gone undiagnosed and led to a lot of negative outcomes...
                                                            That is class!

Comment

On a tangent to that. The thing that got us onto 'grinds as confidence-builders', was chatting to a 'once-well-known' Trinity prof. He was saying his son, same age as our eldest, was struggling with writing neatly. The teacher was always on to him about the neatness of his writing and it was affecting schooling a bit. They then get a teacher in two hours a week for a month who trains him in how to write well. Problem solved. bish-bash-bosh. He's back on top again. Think its a cool idea.

Comment

Things are very much better, but still a lot of frustration involved, especially if you have to rely on public sector help.

My 2 kids are diagnosed autistic, although literally at opposite ends of things. My eldest was for all intents and purposes 'typical' and walked, talked, interacted as normal, but has the attention span of a gnat and can get hyper and disruptive but not out of malice of any sort. Very bright though, basically taught himself how to read before he started school, and has the memory of an elephant. In preschool they recognised he needed extra help and someone got assigned to him to help calm him and keep him constructively busy. He is in junior infants and this has carried on. Local health services guy though refused to countenance that there was anything he needed help with so wouldn't refer him on anywhere, so we had to get a private assessment which allows him to get the extra resources and time he needs in class now, otherwise he'd often be disruptive to others. With a bit of extra help to focus and channel his energy, he'll be fine, and I'd imagine will be substantially similar to other kids experiences. We can see the differences with the private occupational therapy sessions and extra help in school. He'd likely have coped, but with increasing difficulty as the years went by and would as you say have been ignored when we were kids.

My youngest has from about 14 months been far more obviously autistic in more severe ways. He has just turned 3 and doesn't speak, among other things. Thankfully locally there are decent private services we can avail of, and he is in a special ASD unit preschool, which from the day he turned 3 is fully covered by a grant as it doesn't come under the ECCE scheme. Again, we had to get him privately assessed, and private speech and language and occupational therapy. We have been assured that he is 'top of the list' for public speech and language for the last year, but it could be another year before anything like that actually becomes available to him. Thankfully (and with help from good cover under health insurance) we are able to fund these things privately for him. We'd still be waiting for a public assessment too if we weren't able to afford the private one (not cheap and not covered by health insurance).

Outcomes are much improved by early intervention and we are really hoping that'll be the case for him too. He's a sweet boy with an even temperament generally, but there are some frustrations with his lack of ability to communicate. He has (covered by the medical card he was granted after getting a specific government grant only made possible because he had a diagnosis we'd still be waiting for if relying on public route) a tablet to essentially allow him to communicate once he understands how to use it, but that will be a long and slow process to get to, and hopefully he will develop speech in the mean time, but if not, this will hopefully allow him to tell us things. He can make himself understood in a non-verbal way, but it is obviously limited. The point being that while the grants and supports are there, getting to them without resorting to private diagnoses and interventions is a very slow and laboured process. Things are better, but still a lot of room for improvement.

Comment

More academic. A book called 'Understanding NFTs'. Which is a bit of a bet on NFTs actually recovering and becoming a thing. I've always being a general researcher - flitting about from area to area - so this is a first attempt to narrow down to an area of expertise and deepen it. After this, and with some earlier publications, I'd be able to reasonably claim to be 'the' expert in the area.

Now, as zuut will attest, academics tend to frequently get offers to write books, as the main effort is on the part of the author while the publishing house only has the upside. But felt this was the one area for writing a book that actually made sense to do, and with a high-status publishing house.
                                                                  That does seem to be the one of the main reasons for writing a book, getting to be known as the expert in that particular area

On a side note, I didn't realise how many best selling books are ghost written. Does explain why do much non-fiction reads the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

That does seem to be the one of the main reasons for writing a book, getting to be known as the expert in that particular area

On a side note, I didn't realise how many best selling books are ghost written. Does explain why do much non-fiction reads the same.
                                                                    It's been the same thing in pop music since the rise of the algorithm.

A handful of 'go-to' producers with the 'Midas touch' (ie. expert at the algo-friendly tropes) dominate and thus it all sounds very samey and safe with originality throttled at the expense of consistency.

Comment

Plane currently over Devon on the way to it's new home in France. Quite a relief to not have to fret over it anymore. Warranty ended when the wheels left the ground!
                                                                      IMG_20221122_111747.jpeg

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                        Hitchhiker's Guide To... zuutroy todays IT phishing email was a fair effort on their part
                                                                        Is this something to do with the cyber security thing? I didn't get anything today but got an IT one a few weeks. Maybe the lag on them is tied to when you complete the assignments...You must be a laggard!

Comment

Tough few years there so Dom, hopefully things get easier as you move along.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post

It's been the same thing in pop music since the rise of the algorithm.

A handful of 'go-to' producers with the 'Midas touch' (ie. expert at the algo-friendly tropes) dominate and thus it all sounds very samey and safe with originality throttled at the expense of consistency.
                                                                            Yeah it's mad. I watched a video of Ryan Tedder creating a song from scratch recently. He talked about how he regularly sits with an artist for a day and writes a song. E.g. a lot of the singles for Adele's 21 were written in a day with different writers.

​​​​​​A few days after watching the video I heard a bar of this Jonas Brothers song, and instantly said that's his work.

Cool (Official Video)Song available now: https://JonasBrothers.lnk.to/coolYDConnect with Jonas Brothers:https://twitter.com/jonasbrothershttps://www.facebook...

And it's all about what's in or out of fashion

Comment

Things are very much better, but still a lot of frustration involved, especially if you have to rely on public sector help.

My 2 kids are diagnosed autistic, although literally at opposite ends of things. My eldest was for all intents and purposes 'typical' and walked, talked, interacted as normal, but has the attention span of a gnat and can get hyper and disruptive but not out of malice of any sort. Very bright though, basically taught himself how to read before he started school, and has the memory of an elephant. In preschool they recognised he needed extra help and someone got assigned to him to help calm him and keep him constructively busy. He is in junior infants and this has carried on. Local health services guy though refused to countenance that there was anything he needed help with so wouldn't refer him on anywhere, so we had to get a private assessment which allows him to get the extra resources and time he needs in class now, otherwise he'd often be disruptive to others. With a bit of extra help to focus and channel his energy, he'll be fine, and I'd imagine will be substantially similar to other kids experiences. We can see the differences with the private occupational therapy sessions and extra help in school. He'd likely have coped, but with increasing difficulty as the years went by and would as you say have been ignored when we were kids.

My youngest has from about 14 months been far more obviously autistic in more severe ways. He has just turned 3 and doesn't speak, among other things. Thankfully locally there are decent private services we can avail of, and he is in a special ASD unit preschool, which from the day he turned 3 is fully covered by a grant as it doesn't come under the ECCE scheme. Again, we had to get him privately assessed, and private speech and language and occupational therapy. We have been assured that he is 'top of the list' for public speech and language for the last year, but it could be another year before anything like that actually becomes available to him. Thankfully (and with help from good cover under health insurance) we are able to fund these things privately for him. We'd still be waiting for a public assessment too if we weren't able to afford the private one (not cheap and not covered by health insurance).

Outcomes are much improved by early intervention and we are really hoping that'll be the case for him too. He's a sweet boy with an even temperament generally, but there are some frustrations with his lack of ability to communicate. He has (covered by the medical card he was granted after getting a specific government grant only made possible because he had a diagnosis we'd still be waiting for if relying on public route) a tablet to essentially allow him to communicate once he understands how to use it, but that will be a long and slow process to get to, and hopefully he will develop speech in the mean time, but if not, this will hopefully allow him to tell us things. He can make himself understood in a non-verbal way, but it is obviously limited. The point being that while the grants and supports are there, getting to them without resorting to private diagnoses and interventions is a very slow and laboured process. Things are better, but still a lot of room for improvement.
                                                                              Our youngest has sensory issues . Needs a lot of rough play when he's off and gets emotional at times . Apart from that hes a joyous kid . There is a monthly 309Euro? DCA allowance. (Sez the missus) If you have an official Autism diagnosis you are due for both . Also backdated . You probably know this but just in case.

I agree with Raoul , the spectrum is so wide we basically grew up with undiagnosed folk. Our mothers would be due millions . i'm sure if i got checked out they'd find something. (What grown man cries watching ET)

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

Yeah it's mad. I watched a video of Ryan Tedder creating a song from scratch recently. He talked about how he regularly sits with an artist for a day and writes a song. E.g. a lot of the singles for Adele's 21 were written in a day with different writers.

​​​​​​A few days after watching the video I heard a bar of this Jonas Brothers song, and instantly said that's his work.

Cool (Official Video)Song available now: https://JonasBrothers.lnk.to/coolYDConnect with Jonas Brothers:https://twitter.com/jonasbrothershttps://www.facebook...

And it's all about what's in or out of fashion

Its the public that are dumbed down. Lazy listening. Was predicted. Its hard to be an original blues musician these days without dragging Jazz into it . Been listening to t-bone & fletcher etc a bit lately to discern some of the different blues styles . When you really listen to the different styles you can really appreciate the differences in what really is a simple style. The diff turnarounds and the scale tone targeting .
                                                                                I do thing a return to musicianship will happen. Viva la revolution.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

Its the public that are dumbed down. Lazy listening. Was predicted. Its hard to be an original blues musician these days without dragging Jazz into it . Been listening to t-bone & fletcher etc a bit lately to discern some of the different blues styles . When you really listen to the different styles you can really appreciate the differences in what really is a simple style. The diff turnarounds and the scale tone targeting .
                                                                                  I do thing a return to musicianship will happen. Viva la revolution.
                                                                                  Not just music, definitely a lot of algorithims at work deciding what films and tv shows are made too.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak

I am indeed a confirmed laggard. It was an amazoon black friday deal email.
                                                                                    I ran a few of those internal phishing campaigns.
                                                                                    Ours were Amazan €50 vouchers.
                                                                                    ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Not just music, definitely a lot of algorithims at work deciding what films and tv shows are made too.
                                                                                      TV really peaked ~10 years ago.

Tough to find anything worth watching these days.

Netflix and Amazon just throw money at anything.

​​​i was watching Leonardo on Prime recently. Huge budget, scenes and costumes etc totally amazing. But lackluster story. Seems to be common these days.

Last edited by Denny Crane; 25-11-22, 14:50.

Comment

Well Aidan McAnespie's killer, David Holden, finally gets convicted.

Thirty-four years after the fact and with Aidan's mother and father gone to the grave, never having seen the British Army's cruelty and deceit unravelled.

Doesn't look like his former paymasters have given him much support since it became clear the truth would out. He looks like an old man

We'll never know what really happened that day. What went on in those handful of seconds that changed all those lives irrevocably.

There are no winners, yet the game is still being played out, slowly, painfully and at an ever increasing abstraction and remove.

At least the history books will be updated now and one family will have a little more peace.

Comment

Regency case not making good reading for Mary Lou today.

Comment

SAS Rogue heroes is brilliant, I've been really enjoying it. 6 part series by the BBC on the creation of the SAS during WW2
                                                                                            https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-r...s-dressing-spy

Comment

Originally posted by Degag View Post
                                                                                              Regency case not making good reading for Mary Lou today.
                                                                                              cliffs?

Comment

cliffs?
                                                                                                Essentially a taped conversation between this Dowdall guy and The Monk.

Dowdall is complaining that ML didn’t go to some gangster funeral (Monks brother i think) which he see’s as being out of order cause she uses the Hutches for votes and money.

May be more.

Comment

cliffs?
                                                                                                  SF / IRA financed by money from drugs, extortion and robbery shock horror, I mean who would have thunk it

Its a useful distraction from the fact that their core vote and a number of active members are busy down the East Wall directing racist chants at asylum seekers.
                                                                                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Have ye considered a school in a language that people actually speak?
                                                                                                    Heritage is important, is it not? I would love to speak it better than i can. Think alot of that is down to how it was thought though. Peig Sayers didn't elicit much interest in most 16 year olds.

In saying that, a friend of mine is sending their kid to a gaelschoil instead of the local school which i think is madness, not going to school with people of the same age locally when you will be playing sport etc with them

So you get zilch for writing the book and then only 5-10% of the profits? Seems a fairly terribly deal financially. Although you are not doing it for the money as you said i guess.

Comment

This is hilarious, I noticed they didn't have anyone on Claire Byrnes Friday show for just about the first time ever... I imagine there won't be many of them seen on the panel shows this weekend

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                        This is hilarious, I noticed they didn't have anyone on Claire Byrnes Friday show for just about the first time ever... I imagine there won't be many of them seen on the panel shows this weekend

Comment

Don't have strong opinions on climate change, but cutting the grass and pruning rose bushes that still have flowers on them in November is weird.

Comment

Annual MRI tonight. Ugh, there's no nice MRI. Bit better than the last time, but still feels heavily of being buried alive.

Some lovely posts here today.

Comment

On the private healthcare vs public thing. We were told a while back that the youngest has some mildish form of scoliosis that means he'll need to wear a chest brace in his teenage years to keep his back growing straight. It was a six-month wait for the private specialist, I'd imagine he'd be the hunchback of Dublin Dame before a public diagnosis came through. It shouldn't be like that. Parents in 5star's situation shouldn't have to stress over basic access to diagnosis.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

They were all getting ready for the Toy show so we’re all given the evening off
                                                                                                                They haven’t gone away you know

Comment

Just had a browse thru the sensational hutch chat with dowdall
                                                                                                                  looks like imealda May and Adele were approached by Sein Fein to join the party and sing to make money for the party coffers
                                                                                                                  some great reading and listening for anyone concerned how Sein Fein keep the ship afloat
                                                                                                                  How will they every get into power with all this Mary Lou sandal following them

Comment

Originally posted by balfejohn View Post
                                                                                                                    looks like imealda May and Adele were approached by Sein Fein to join the party and sing to make money for the party coffers
                                                                                                                    some great reading and listening for anyone concerned how Sein Fein keep the ship afloat

Mar-Lou Shoes is the destination for comfort shoes for both women and men from top brands. We have the largest selection of hard-to-find sizes and widths! Shop online or visit our Cleveland, Ohio location.

Comment

Annual MRI tonight. Ugh, there's no nice MRI. Bit better than the last time, but still feels heavily of being buried alive.

Some lovely posts here today.
                                                                                                                      Had a prostate one wed evening, solid 30 mins in there shallow breathing, then thursday had the honor of having a BBC crew put a camera down the jap eye into my bladder, while awake. May not have been a BBC OB crew, but was a strange experience all the same.

All precautionary, everything ok.

This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by balfejohn View Post

I suspect the average potential voter for SF in the next election won’t give a rats arse about it.

Cause if you can ignore every other danger signal about them, you’ll ignore this too

Comment

Originally posted by Degag View Post
                                                                                                                          I suspect the average potential voter for SF in the next election won’t give a rats arse about it.

Cause if you can ignore every other danger signal about them, you’ll ignore this too
                                                                                                                          I keep making the Trump analogy but that's another good one. SF voters are blindly loyal and will vote for them no matter what, probably even in spite of it.

I wonder if their loyalty will be strained if SF in office turn out to be as mendacious and incompetent as Trump? It'll be interesting to watch.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X