This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MysteryGuest View Post
    The Budweiser ban is one of the most beautiful moments I’ve ever seen in a major sporting event
    I was watching a documentary about the hosting of the World Cup from April or May and the Head Honcho said at the time there would be no alcohol sold inside Stadiums so I dont get it

I cant remember ever having a pint at any match i ever went to tbh, plenty before and after alright!

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

I cant remember ever having a pint at any match i ever went to tbh, plenty before and after alright!
      But isn't that mainly because most of your matches are under 8s soccer.
      "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Elizabeth Holmes gets 11 years for theranos fraud! Great result!

Comment

I guess 'mad vlads' plan with the electric network is to create overwhelming mass immigration for Ukraine in order to cause EU social angst?

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

You don't think recent events would point to a clear need to have a functioning military?
            We'll never have any real capability no matter how much we spend.

We'd be much better off converting all of the land around Rathmines into housing.

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
              Outsourcing of our security to the RAF, those papers he referred to and cybersecurity concerns.
              Every time the Russians enter our airspace there's a few lads on Twitter jizzing themselves about all the planes that we should be buying to protect ourselves. It's nonsense. It would be billions and years of work for a minimal deterrent.

For as long as I can remember there's been outside actors and "experts" pushing for Ireland to boost it's spending, and I really don't think it's for our own benefit.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

We'll never have any real capability no matter how much we spend.

We'd be much better off converting all of the land around Rathmines into housing.
                You need to define 'real capability'.

The likes of Sweden and Denmark are model countries to look at here in terms of their military.
                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                  I guess 'mad vlads' plan with the electric network is to create overwhelming mass immigration for Ukraine in order to cause EU social angst?
                  I would have thought mostly 'murder as many Ukrainian civilians as possible via destroying their heating'. It's a purely visceral reaction to losing Kherson. You saw the same after the sinking of the Moskva and the attack on the Kerch Bridge.
                  There's no plan.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

I decided to cease horsey backing. I always put the wrong key of two in my front door . I know i should mark them but too lazy plus i thought its 50/50 to get it right. I rsrely get the right one 1st . With this kind of running , no chance at the horsies.
                    What you need is a good list of biases to underpin your horse picks. Mine are:
                    • never back a gray horse
                    • never back a horse trained by Joseph O'Brien
                    • never back a female jockey (this one not ageing too well, FU Rachel Blackmore)
                    • never back a horse trained by Alan King
                    • never back a horse at Aintree or Punchestown that finished in the money at Cheltenham

This should aid your selections no end. On the horsey theme, just finished a great little book - The Big Horse by Joe McGinnis.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

Every time the Russians enter our airspace there's a few lads on Twitter jizzing themselves about all the planes that we should be buying to protect ourselves. It's nonsense. It would be billions and years of work for a minimal deterrent.

For as long as I can remember there's been outside actors and "experts" pushing for Ireland to boost it's spending, and I really don't think it's for our own benefit.
                      Yeah I don’t think that’s what is being called for by those who are somewhat rational, more like;

With barely 700 staff, the Irish Air Force (known as the Aer Corps) lacks the capability even to track aircraft across Irish skies. Irish parliamentarian Tom Clonan, a former Army officer, noted that Ireland is “the only country in the EU that cannot monitor its own airspace by primary radar.

We’re due to get radar in 2028 though

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                        Elizabeth Holmes gets 11 years for theranos fraud! Great result!
                        Not enough jail time imo. I didn't follow the court case but I used read a lot about the background over the years. Was there some sort of deal or co-operation in the end?

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post

Not enough jail time imo. I didn't follow the court case but I used read a lot about the background over the years. Was there some sort of deal or co-operation in the end?
                          No deal that I'm aware of , she was found guilty on 4 counts of fraud (max jail was 20 years), and prosecution was looking for 15 years, plus fines, so 11 years seems like quite a big win. One of the bigger sentences for a white collar crime in the US

Comment

I think we should engage in extensive mine laying outside The Pale.

Comment

Comment

Pretty fecking infuriated that it's 2022 an I'm still listing to details of child sex abuse carried out and covered up by religious orders.

Imagine if you will a private company CEO being invited onto the airwaves to discuss the wide spread and systemic child sex abuse within the company. Archbishop on the radio tis morning discussing the in's and out of the Spiritan scandal. Had to break off the interview to pause for The Angelus at noon

At the very least the company would be bared for trading and the guards would have raided it.

Funny how we can get on the high horse about the impact of religion on life in Qatar when that was us just 30 years ago.
                                Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Really shouldn't take so much delight in using the 'this is not soccer' Nigel Owens line when umpiring but I can't help it.

Comment

Little Ukrainian girl in my sons class . Was kinda moving at the school gates as she tearfully hugged her teacher clutching on to her Student of the week trophy. She was bidding them all farewell as she was going home . Cant help but fear for her. Putin isnt finished yet. So many kunts moaning about the refugees. . Poxy world we have made for these kids .

Comment

Georgians making their case for a place in the 6N.
                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                        Georgians making their case for a place in the 6N.
                                        Great win for sure. 2 big scalps this year for them

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post

Bit late now obviously, but when this place was built a little over 5 years ago, I had to specifically ask for cabling to be run to every room, so there are ports all over the place. that covered plate probably just is for coax I'd say, despite what you were told. Let us know anyway once you open to inspect it.
                                          Took off a few panels now and you were right oh wise one! Jusy a coax to every room. Must ask wtf they were on about since I'd already bought the house before I asked, just asking would I need to run cable, so there was no reason to lie.

Not sure how much it would cost to get cat in every room now but also dont want to be digging up the whole place. I only really care about my office upstairs, perhaps coax to router is that a thing? I'm googing and there is some Moca thing you can get? Speeds ok?

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                            up the Shah.

Tiocfaidh allah

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post

Took off a few panels now and you were right oh wise one! Jusy a coax to every room. Must ask wtf they were on about since I'd already bought the house before I asked, just asking would I need to run cable, so there was no reason to lie.

Not sure how much it would cost to get cat in every room now but also dont want to be digging up the whole place. I only really care about my office upstairs, perhaps coax to router is that a thing? I'm googing and there is some Moca thing you can get? Speeds ok?
                                              You should be able to use the coax as a chasing cable to pull cat 6 through.

Comment

Scenes at Twickenham

Comment

You should be able to use the coax as a chasing cable to pull cat 6 through.
                                                  Thems brains
                                                  I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post

Is there a military link in your family? Mam, Dad, Siblings or otherwise?
                                                    Nope. Have childhood friends who are in the naval service and the army. That’s about it.
                                                    You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                    World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Would happily take a second half is as dire as the first if the score stays the same.

Comment

Would happily take a second half is as dire as the first if the score stays the same.
                                                        Sadly this is still woeful stuff. I feel sorry for tbe people who paid to watch this rubbish.

Comment

Fuck me, for an 80 minute game this is taking a long time! Pretty poor watch thus far.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post

Nope. Have childhood friends who are in the naval service and the army. That’s about it.
                                                            I vaguely remember thinking that you'd been boozing for the first time in your life, several years ago. And then realised it was just sleep deprivation from having kids.
                                                            Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Sadly this is still woeful stuff. I feel sorry for tbe people who paid to watch this rubbish.
                                                              Don't! Enjoyed being at the game. Good atmosphere, yeah not a great game but still absorbing
                                                              No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

But isn't that mainly because most of your matches are under 8s soccer.
                                                                U8 is Sunday morning and obv BYOB, but i would say ive been at 100s of matches and bar the uncles sneaking pints out at HT at Milltown in 80s cant remember seeing beer at any match really. Im sure AJ will correct me and I've never been at Premium Level for a football game but it literally wouldnt enter my head during a match to have a beer

Comment

Worst game I ever paid to see

Comment

So Trump's back on twitter.

Hasn't tweeted yet though.
                                                                    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Some issues with my bank account over weekend so went onto twitter and stuck in #boi to see if it was a widespread problem. Wont be making that mistake again!

Comment

U8 is Sunday morning and obv BYOB, but i would say ive been at 100s of matches and bar the uncles sneaking pints out at HT at Milltown in 80s cant remember seeing beer at any match really. Im sure AJ will correct me and I've never been at Premium Level for a football game but it literally wouldnt enter my head during a match to have a beer
                                                                        Odd pint at half time is the height of what I’d have too- GAA and FAI have it right not allowing drink out in the stands.

obv IRFU don’t really have a choice as most fans at rugby games are event junkies there for the Instagram photos and you would need to be tanked to sit through turgid shite like last night.
                                                                        id say it gets fairly fucking annoying getting up for lads going to bar and jacks constantly, can be pretty bad at concerts
                                                                        Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

Account was reactivated by Elon. But Trump says he isn’t coming back. He’s still trying to float his own social network. Truth Social.

Comment

No beer allowed in stands at UEFA qualifying games is a rule (since early/mid 2000s), so Dice is of course correct.

Comment

Andrew Tate back too.
                                                                              Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

My imortal 3.15 punchardstown
                                                                                told to back ew

Comment

Covfefe
                                                                                  Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Poor auld George Hamilton must have been on stronger stuff than Bud over in Qatar.

Comment

Originally posted by balfejohn View Post
                                                                                      told to back ew
                                                                                      Chinned! UL sir.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

I would have thought mostly 'murder as many Ukrainian civilians as possible via destroying their heating'. It's a purely visceral reaction to losing Kherson. You saw the same after the sinking of the Moskva and the attack on the Kerch Bridge.
                                                                                        There's no plan.
                                                                                        Seems that is the plan. Or at least the suspected plan, according to the Ukranians.

Ukraine President Volodymyr Zelenskyy has accused Russia of trying to destabilise the country by forcing millions to flee westwards, creating a refugee crisis for the European Union.

Comment

Fuck you Qatar.

Comment

If that's a precedent for the rest of the tournament it's absolutely ridiculous. Of all the conclusions to come to, how have they given offside

Comment

I expect the Qatari 11 there to be executed at half time and an entirely new 11 to come out but have the same names and plastic surgery.

Comment

George sneaking a can into the Stadium.

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                                                                                                This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by balfejohn View Post
                                                                                                  told to back ew
                                                                                                  That was my pick for the day on FTW and ended up picking four for combo exactas and trifectas.
                                                                                                  Coming to the last I have 4 of the first five covered including my 50/1 outsider... Ah feck it here comes Townend to spoil the party... ah well maybe I can hold for the exacta...at least I have the 1.01 winner backed.. FML

Comment

Lads would ye enjoy / watch / bother with Horse racing if it wasn't just all about the betting?

Not being pious, am quite aware this is a poker forum
                                                                                                    ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                                                                                                      Lads would ye enjoy / watch / bother with Horse racing if it wasn't just all about the betting?

I rarely bet on horses. Gold cup, king george and grand national are the 3 races I bet on but I sit down and watch it regularly on telly. Like today, Punchestown was on. Sat down to watch it and had no bet. Just interested in it.

Comment

God no.

Comment

Probably enjoy it as much as a pub that didnt sell alcohol.

Comment

Like wearing a condom.

Comment

Probably enjoy it as much as a pub that didnt sell alcohol.
                                                                                                              No dice?

Comment

Hardly likely to change the minds of any of the fools who were foaming at the mouth saying that it's just a harmless line from a song but you would have to be really crass not to cop on to what it really means.

Vile.

Comment

Hardly likely to change the minds of any of the fools who were foaming at the mouth saying that it's just a harmless line from a song but you would have to be really crass not to cop on to what it really means.

Vile.
                                                                                                                  Just before you die , apparently your life flashes before your eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

Just before you die , apparently your life flashes before your eyes.
                                                                                                                    Grumpy? Pot, kettle, black.

What's your point and what has it got to do with getting in the face of someone whose father was shot by the IRA and celebrating the people who did it?

Comment

Grumpy? Pot, kettle, black.

What's your point and what has it got to do with getting in the face of someone whose father was shot by the IRA and celebrating the people who did it?
                                                                                                                      Yep check out her buddies with blood on their hands . and who she celebrates.

I'm not grumpy , you just remind me of Victor .

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                                                        Last spamming of this competition before the weekend. They're taking "engagement" into account when announcing the winner and we sit top of the pile so far. A like would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks to the IPB heads that already liked it.

SPOILER
                                                                                                                        We did not win this competition. A guy who had a load of the pros like his stuff got over the line ahead of us.

But i was hustling hard and where there's a will there's a way. Won a package and will be playing the $10,400 WPT World Championship in the Wynn in 3 weeks time.

All the likes from here were appreciated. We were the closest competition to the winner which says a lot for some random Irish nobody.

Vegas baby!!

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post

We did not win this competition. A guy who had a load of the pros like his stuff got over the line ahead of us.

But i was hustling hard and where there's a will there's a way. Won a package and will be playing the $10,400 WPT World Championship in the Wynn in 3 weeks time.

All the likes from here were appreciated. We were the closest competition to the winner which says a lot for some random Irish nobody.

Vegas baby!!
                                                                                                                          Wd gl gl

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X