This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
    How long have you spent at your workplace.
    Or what was the longest at any workplace?
    Just finished up after 7.5 years in the EPA and I'm totes emosh.
    12 and counting, through several roles across shift and non shift, not sure how that happened in some ways
    airport, lol

Comment

Wolves 5 to 1 v Arsenal hmmm pull the trigger ?

Neves assist or score 9/2.

interest best .

RL was a cracker

Comment

Wow, cunts.
        Scorched earth policy by the looks of it:
        ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

interest best .

RL was a cracker
          Yup
          Attached Files

Comment

interest best .

RL was a cracker
            Yup Screenshot_20221112-203028_WhatsApp.jpg

Comment

Stupid phone

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                Stupid phone
                Try taptalk .

Comment

Thought id seen it all in a pub but sitting at the table earlier my pint glass literally exploded with a full pint in it. Was very strange. And wet. A decent chunk of the glass landed 2 tables over.

Comment

Thought id seen it all in a pub but sitting at the table earlier my pint glass literally exploded with a full pint in it. Was very strange. And wet. A decent chunk of the glass landed 2 tables over.
                    It's very easily explained and a common phenomenon. You were drinking a pint of
                    SPOILER
                    grenadine
                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Salvage any of it?
                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

One of the worst things I saw as a barman was a lad, after spilling over a bunch of shots onto one of those 5" ledges around a pillar, get his tongue down onto the filthy surface and lick it all up.

Thing would have been wiped down with a mouldy oul beer soaked cloth. Puke

Comment

MysteryGuest what do you think Trinity will be like for WOD?

I'm hopeful it's gonna be amazing. I remember around 97 smoking hash with a bunch of American students in some field surrounded by lovely buildings. Guessing it's there.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

I'm hopeful it's gonna be amazing. I remember around 97 smoking hash with a bunch of American students in some field surrounded by lovely buildings. Guessing it's there.
                            Yeah, pretty sure gigs there are held on the cricket grounds next to the Pav.
                            Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Googled that
                              125,000 PSI. Now that's pressure

Comment

Originally posted by dinekes View Post

Googled that
                                125,000 PSI. Now that's pressure
                                I know you are prob taking the piss but was very strange. the two women at the table beside us had a better view and freaked out and left lol

Comment

I know you are prob taking the piss but was very strange. the two women at the table beside us had a better view and freaked out and left lol
                                  No, googled it ....it's a thing
                                  Something to do with Nickel Sulphides trapped in the glass during the manufacturing process. In their Alpha state no problem but if something triggers them to go to the Beta state then boom......and the triggering could be anything from tapping the glass to a ray of light according to the article

Very rare obviously

Comment

Went to Vampire Weekend there a few years ago.. It's a really nice venue for a gig. Lovely for a sunny summer day. Entrance is around near Pearse St I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                      Would love to get HJs take on this whole crypto meltdown. I hope he isn't being affected negatively personally but he was the big Crypto guy here so would love this take on the recent FTX stuff and market at large.
                                      I worked at Full Tilt during black Friday so this brings back a lot of memories! The scale of what SBF has done is staggering, it's hard to take in. The chutzpah required to testify before congress and push for quite oppressive crypto legislation that would suit him, all the while knowingly running a fraudulent scheme from the outset, is quite something. FTX blowing up will take a lot of other companies with it.

The risks they took make no sense at all; running an exchange popular exchange is a license to print money, it's hard to lose - all this came about because his trading firm blew up, and he moved money from FTX to the trading firm to keep it solvent, which happened to be customer deposits. Maybe there was a god complex at play where he didn't want to admit any errors at all. The story of how the trading firm lost so much money is quite long, but suffice it to say, it beggars belief. If he had just let the trading firm die FTX could live on and he'd still be a billionaire.

In terms of the market at large, crypto was already in the doldrums and despite all of this not actually being directly related to crypto the reputational damage is huge. I'd imagine the democrats are hugely embarrassed that SBF was their 2nd biggest donor! It hasn't directly affected me yet but the industry just got much smaller overnight.

Comment

Just saw two companies in crypto are accused of temp moving deposits to give the illusion of a stronger balance.

History just keeps repeating.

Comment

Dems win the Senate whilst Trumps daughter got married. Something tells me the wedding was planned as a post election red wave parade. Humiliated. The Trump brand is TOAST

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                            Nevada down to a 800 vote lead for the GOP Senate candidate, will make the Georgia runoff irrelevant if the Dems sneak it. Which they will.

Old Man Biden running rings around 'em. It's great.
                                            Nevada done and the Dem candidate got up in the last strides. Beautiful to watch, Senate majority retained.

Now if only a couple of those GOP Supreme Court justices would drop dead...

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                              Just saw two companies in crypto are accused of temp moving deposits to give the illusion of a stronger balance.

History just keeps repeating.
                                              Who would have thought that a market based on 'assets' with no tangible worth and with no effective regulation would attract predatory scam artists preying on gullible fools?

Completely unforeseeable.

Comment

No idea- never been to a concert there
                                                i will say that of the times I’ve been to see them the outdoor gig (forbidden fruit) had the worst sound- ok up front of stage but muddy further back and fairly sure the volume way down due to residential areas nearby- hopefully that won’t be the case at trinity but outdoor gigs can be hit and miss for acoustics I find
                                                Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

England win the T20 cricket WC, with Ireland the only team to beat them. Huge kudos too to another Irishman, Eoin Morgan, a lot of the credit goes to him...

Comment

I thought rule number 1 of crypto trading was "don't store your assets on the exchange"
                                                    Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Who would have thought that a market based on 'assets' with no tangible worth and with no effective regulation would attract predatory scam artists preying on gullible fools?

Completely unforeseeable.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                        I thought rule number 1 of crypto trading was "don't store your assets on the exchange"
                                                        Can't trade with it if it's not on an exchange.

Comment

Originally posted by MysteryGuest View Post

No idea- never been to a concert there
                                                          i will say that of the times I’ve been to see them the outdoor gig (forbidden fruit) had the worst sound- ok up front of stage but muddy further back and fairly sure the volume way down due to residential areas nearby- hopefully that won’t be the case at trinity but outdoor gigs can be hit and miss for acoustics I find
                                                          I hope the sound is good for ye. I've been to a number of outdoor gigs and tbh I rarely experienced problems. The one that sticks out as really bad was Hall and Oats in Iveagh Gardens. Hall the bollox was gimped with the flu so he barely croaked his way through the set. The sound itself was crap as well. Poor sound and a singer barely able to speak, they should've canceled the gig. We left early for food and beer. Paul Simon in the RDS had an average but 100% acceptable sound quality where I was positioned about 2/3 the way or so back from the stage. We stepped out to the back for food and to use the toilets coming towards the last few songs. At the back, the sound was absolutely perfect. Went to Simply Red in Collins Barracks recently. The sound was perfect there and it's such a class setting for a gig.

Other than Hall n Scrotes, my only other gig with a real sound issue was Stevie Wonder but it was in the 3 arena. Unfortunately, had poor sound for 1-2 songs but then it was 100% fixed. I had a good laugh at the twitter goons saying it was a disgrace and the whole set had bad sound. It was clearly fixed after the 2nd song. Indoor or enclosed outdoor gigs will always have better sound but I wouldn't be too worried.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post

... and despite all of this not actually being directly related to crypto ...
                                                            LOL, The absolute desperation of those pimping this meme left right and canter.

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Scumbaggery around Irishtown pre FAI final.

Comment

More handbags threw in brown Thomas today than irishtown

Comment

Main reason I stopped going to the cup final as a neutral. Dubs just want to be like their hero's in England and act the hooligan was the exact same craic last year before Bohs v Pats. Shels fans went at it amongst themselves in the stadium too. Same shite with Kilbarrack fans in Parnell Park yesterday kicking off and some mad aul wan swinging a hurl at lads.

Comment

You mean FAI fans as opposed to Dubs there Dobby. These ferals are nationwide . Cheap Dub shots are boring considering how unsafe it is to grab a SuperMacs down culchieland .

no trouble yesterday .

Comment

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                                                                      This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Dunning Kruger at it's finest
                                                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

You mean FAI fans as opposed to Dubs there Dobby. These ferals are nationwide . Cheap Dub shots are boring considering how unsafe it is to grab a SuperMacs down culchieland .

no trouble yesterday .
                                                                          There's far more cheap culchie shots on here than cheap dub shots i'll have ya know!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Degag View Post

There's far more cheap culchie shots on here than cheap dub shots i'll have ya know!
                                                                              Rednecks need to know their place bubba

Comment

I'm sick of Mary Black and Ronaldo. They both need to go quietly into the night.

Comment

I'm sick of Mary Black and Ronaldo. They both need to go quietly into the night.

Jaysus what is he up to. I mean everyone knows about the ego, but I cant imagine what good he thought would come out of this for him. I guess thats how narcissism works, you don't pull the trigger thinking about your own good, you just pull it cos someone might be hurt.
                                                                                  This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                  All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                  The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Who wants to own potentially worthless NFT's for no cost and with the chance to win a signed Messi jersey?

You do!

Here's the jist, it's basically FPL but a 5 a side.

8 players within a budget of 100 points. You must select two players for each position (Goalkeeper, Defender, Midfielder, Forward) with no more than two players from the same national team.

Each Matchday, Managers select five players from their eight-player squad and compose their Sorare Global Cup lineup.

During the Global Cup, you have the opportunity to add four new player cards to your initial squad of 8 on the following dates:

Before the Round of 16: Nov 29 — Dec 3

Before the Quarter finals: Dec 3 — Dec 9

Before the Semi finals: Dec 9 — Dec 13

Managers strengthen their squad by winning National Team Common cards in the Matchday competitions.

Each Matchday the following prizes are up for grabs.

The private IPB League means bonus prizes and potential free swag.

Collect, play and win officially licensed digital cards featuring the world's best global football, NBA and MLB players.

It's a free shot to nothing and might give this journey the the next few weeks a little interest instead of filling your sitting room full of sand.
                                                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Impressive wealth destruction by Musk. Twitter is probably worth 1/3 of what he paid for it, with some secondary knock on effects to TSLA.

1bn penalty looking cheap by comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                        Who wants to own potentially worthless NFT's for no cost and with the chance to win a signed Messi jersey?

You do!

Here's the jist, it's basically FPL but a 5 a side.

8 players within a budget of 100 points. You must select two players for each position (Goalkeeper, Defender, Midfielder, Forward) with no more than two players from the same national team.

Each Matchday, Managers select five players from their eight-player squad and compose their Sorare Global Cup lineup.

During the Global Cup, you have the opportunity to add four new player cards to your initial squad of 8 on the following dates:

Before the Round of 16: Nov 29 — Dec 3

Before the Quarter finals: Dec 3 — Dec 9

Before the Semi finals: Dec 9 — Dec 13

Managers strengthen their squad by winning National Team Common cards in the Matchday competitions.

Each Matchday the following prizes are up for grabs.

The private IPB League means bonus prizes and potential free swag.

Collect, play and win officially licensed digital cards featuring the world's best global football, NBA and MLB players.

It's a free shot to nothing and might give this journey the the next few weeks a little interest instead of filling your sitting room full of sand.
                                                                                        Going to start toilet training with the youngest later this week. Filling the sitting room with sand might not be a bad idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post

Jaysus what is he up to. I mean everyone knows about the ego, but I cant imagine what good he thought would come out of this for him. I guess thats how narcissism works, you don't pull the trigger thinking about your own good, you just pull it cos someone might be hurt.
                                                                                          The man is getting half a million a week which is obviously a disgrace imo, not even prime Ronnie should have got that. It's a fuck load of shirts and clicks to be accounting for. I've no idea what he was promised or told behind doors but ETH is putting out his best team and largely getting results.

It's not even an important soccer story either. Have a read of the one about the non-existent betting company that "sponsors" City. Teddy Sheringham is the sponsored ambassador. The signing up picture of him is with a London based model (supposed exec/enployee). It's like some 13 year old pretended to make a gaming company using stock photos and paying a few duds to stand in on LinkedIn.

Comment

Glad everyone, even the blind Man U fans, have come around to my way of thinking on Ronaldo.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post

Going to start toilet training with the youngest later this week. Filling the sitting room with sand might not be a bad idea.
                                                                                              At least it's mild. Put him outside like a dog imo.

Comment

If these are the Ukrainian grannies, no wonder the RuSSians are running away as fast as possible.

Comment

Glad everyone, even the blind Man U fans, have come around to my way of thinking on Ronaldo.
                                                                                                  Well your way of thinking was he was overrated etc and bottles it in big games. This way of thinking had been proved wrong many many times. However he is now a liability and some of us suspected this might be the case when he resigned. He is really a very immature lad and I’d say some ways down the road he will realise that he was very foolish . Of course Pierce poison Morgan feeds off and encourages this type of thing. He probably prompted Ronaldo to get his off his chest. Morgan is the worst kind of manipulator. A face that needs to be slapped, for the life of me I don’t know why/how he has supporters . Ronaldo hasn’t ruined his legacy for me as ability is ability , I’m in camp Messi anyway but I do think 38 year old Ronaldo has let himself down as a person.

My fav top 5/6 is still

Maradona
                                                                                                  Messi
                                                                                                  Ronaldo
                                                                                                  Ronaldo (the fat)
                                                                                                  Ronaldinho
                                                                                                  Best

Comment

ah poor Vicky, and her family.

She did some good.
                                                                                                    "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Been away for about two weeks for various reasons. So missed the US election coverage - did ye all take a moment to acknowledge my Ron de Sanctimonious for Republican nominee bet turning seriously green?

Have significant doubts about the bet still, despite the favourable turn. Was listening to some analysis that said that it still all turns on whether Trump actually decides to be a nominee or not. That a nominee needs about 33% of the primary votes to be nominated and there's zero chance that Trump can't muster that. Indeed, his ability to muster primary voters for even the craziest of crazies being the reason for the disastrous election results last week. Even if he ultimately, clearly, has no chance of being elected.

Which really makes the 'Trump at 3.1 to be nominee' odds on Betfair a pretty phenomenal bet on whether he simply decides to run or not. Something that he is going to do tomorrow, seemingly. Can't touch it myself, but that's some bet. Endless liquidity on it too.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                        Been away for about two weeks for various reasons. So missed the US election coverage - did ye all take a moment to acknowledge my Ron de Sanctimonious for Republican nominee bet turning seriously green?

Have significant doubts about the bet still, despite the favourable turn. Was listening to some analysis that said that it still all turns on whether Trump actually decides to be a nominee or not. That a nominee needs about 33% of the primary votes to be nominated and there's zero chance that Trump can't muster that. Indeed, his ability to muster primary voters for even the craziest of crazies being the reason for the disastrous election results last week. Even if he ultimately, clearly, has no chance of being elected.

Which really makes the 'Trump at 3.1 to be nominee' odds on Betfair a pretty phenomenal bet on whether he simply decides to run or not. Something that he is going to do tomorrow, seemingly. Can't touch it myself, but that's some bet. Endless liquidity on it too.
                                                                                                        Ron got a few mentions, although your strategic betting brilliance was tragically overlooked.

So Trump would have to be officially nominated into the GOP primary to scoop on the above? which won't be until Q1 2024.

Comment

Iran going full genocidal regime. this should be getting more coverage - not the rapper per se, but the underlying atrocity. Only selecting this as article as it’s a mainstreamed source.

It’s pretty grime, particularly systematic rape of virgin female prisoners so they won’t get into heaven.

https://www.theguardian.com/global-d...cution-in-iran
                                                                                                          Last edited by DeadParrot; 14-11-22, 13:02. Reason: Non AMP link Added

Comment

Ron got a few mentions, although your strategic betting brilliance was tragically overlooked.

So Trump would have to be officially nominated into the GOP primary to scoop on the above? which won't be until Q1 2024.
                                                                                                            Realistically it would be trading at pennies well below then depending on how the first few primaries play out.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

Realistically it would be trading at pennies well below then depending on how the first few primaries play out.
                                                                                                              I think the real action will take place over the next six months. In my view, De Santis certainly has the momentum and probable support of most of the GOP hierarchy. However though Trump does have his loyal band of lunatics...

Comment

I think the real action will take place over the next six months. In my view, De Santis certainly has the momentum and probable support of most of the GOP hierarchy. However though Trump does have his loyal band of lunatics...
                                                                                                                We saw how useful support of the GOP hierarchy was 8 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post

Totally different context though, now everyone knows what Trump is and his brand has now been tested on the voters 4 times...

Comment

DeSantis has been able to refine the Trump rhetoric so that he can appeal to the base, perhaps appeal to some undecideds while also being someone that the party elites can work with(control).

Like Silver said, the recent result was the near perfect DeSantis outcome.

On the Republicans more generally, came across a great segment in FP called “Shadow Government” which is a balanced view of Republican/Conservative positions and criticism of the Democrats.

Comment

DeSantis is also a lying prick. Bush got killed by trump because he tried to use facts so a different situation.

Trump V DeSantis debates will be outrageous in the truest meaning of the word.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                                                                                        DeSantis is also a lying prick. Bush got killed by trump because he tried to use facts so a different situation.

Trump V DeSantis debates will be outrageous in the truest meaning of the word.
                                                                                                                        I'd like to see him (DeSantis) thinking on his feet in a debate, he comes across pretty wooden in his prescripted speeches.

'We fight the woke mob' (like WTF).

Comment

Yep. My bet is on De Santis, but essentially I think it is now a bet on whether Trump decides not to run. Which I was hoping for, but not so sure now.

The issue is that Trump has widened the primaries base, through his popularity with oddballs, that means he is probably a deadcert to get the 33% (approximately what it has taken in the past due to the remaining votes being divided amongst many other candidates) or so needed to triumph for the primaries.

His lunatic acolytes in the recent election sailed through Republican primaries with the same principle. The primaries voters almost seem not to care about whether the person they are voting for has any electability. They are 'making a statement', and thats enough for them.

So, if Trump sticks with it, despite the probable high certainty that he has no chance of eventually being elected, then he nails the nomination. I guess though he must surely know that he will lose again, and how will that play against his ego when he actually thinks about it.

The other factor I didn't correctly consider is that De Santis is only 44. Maybe he's thinking: pfft - lets let Trump blow up another one and then I come in as a saviour for 2028 when I'll still be a young whipper-snapper of a lad. Thats a bit of a risky game though as who knows who else might emerge as a new saviour in the intervening four years. From what I read on it, history is littered with current hot-things that decided to bide their time and then when their time comes it turns out their time was in the past. He should ride the momentum.

On the 'pro-de-Santis' side of the bet:

1. Maybe they both decide to run and the party mechanism strongly dissuades any other candidates, meaning the threshold for nomination success will be a real 50% rather than the 33% or so in a many-candidates nomination race. Or maybe the voters work this out themselves and turn it straightaway into a two horse race. That would be a much harder hurdle for Trump as surely 50%+1 of them would be reasonably convinced that a vote for Trump is a vote for four more years of Democrat rule.

2. Maybe de Santis can see a reasonable route through some of the bigger states in the primaries. He has Florida. Texas seems a state that votes with a financial hat on. California probably quite reasonable?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X