• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

9.2% . Wowzers.
    You can check out their loan calculators HERE
    "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Is it still a thing to get deliveries from the UK sent to Parcel Motel in the north, and then down to here, or has Brexit screwed that?

They temporarily suspended the service back in Dec 2020 due to Brexit but not sure if they have restarted it or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
        Today's annoying thing with housing in Ireland, I have to get building insurance, the lender say that I must have this before I can buy the house, while the insurance company (Allianz) are saying that they can't insure before I own the property, and that it is a legal requirement. Guys you do this every day, how is this an issue.
        Does the seller not have building insurance on the property ?

Comment

I heard there a load of pool, tennis, foosball tables , video games, gym equipment, trendy furniture etc gone up Adverts.ie..

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post

Does the seller not have building insurance on the property ?
            No idea, but myself having it is a condition of drawdown.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post

No idea, but myself having it is a condition of drawdown.
              i would have thought he just transfers the policy over to your name and you pay the remainder of the time left on the policy. pretty sure that's what we did.

Comment

Was playing vs Laois Hammer on Stars just now and it's familiar as someone here. Is it OPR maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                  Was playing vs Laois Hammer on Stars just now and it's familiar as someone here. Is it OPR maybe?
                  Its Laois Hammer - from Laois and supports West Ham amazingly

Comment

What was the restaurant recommended here lately as a nice spot?

Comment

Loving this Willie Brown horse in the Breeders Cup race up next - Up Tipp lol

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                        Loving this Willie Brown horse in the Breeders Cup race up next - Up Tipp lol
                        Had the winnar there. Impressive.

Anyone got tips for the meet ?

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

Had the winnar there. Impressive.

Anyone got tips for the meet ?
                          No idea, just punting for fun.

Backed 2 here in next for a place and layed the favourite for a place @ 1.13. Lunacy but good fun.

Comment

Is it still a thing to get deliveries from the UK sent to Parcel Motel in the north, and then down to here, or has Brexit screwed that?
                            I used Derry company a couple of times this year, very cheap:

Comment

Stupid Breeders Cup - last chance saloon to get out is Late Late Show competition

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                What was the restaurant recommended here lately as a nice spot?
                                Mr Fox? That's what I've been crowing about anyway, if you'll excuse the animal pun.

Comment

Originally posted by MysteryGuest View Post
                                  Twitter have never actually made money right?
                                  cqnt wait for wasters like Deliveroo etc Al to go under- currently letti g people use Klarna to buy now pay later for takeaways FFS
                                  Twitter made over a billion in 2018, and nearly 1.5b in 2019. Then had a massive loss in 2020, and a small one last year.
                                  I’d imagine the two big years would make it net profitable over the last 5 (and lifetime). If 2022 numbers are anywhere around breakeven, I’d expect Musk could slash a profit out of it.

Comment

Investing in risky stocks gave me the illusion of control in a time of uncertainty – until it derailed my entire life

Comment

2 amazingly close semi finals in the women's rugby this morning. great games with amazing skills. the one area where they fall drastically short is in the kicking game, both in accuracy and distance, but the girls are absolute legends nonetheless. sets up a pretty perfect final for next week.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                        I just saw The Banshees of Inisherin, remarkable film.
                                        It really is. Unsettling but plenty of dark humour.

A good vehicle for the secondary cast members too, all of whom were great.
                                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

I don't really buy that story at all.

Comment

Fiona Hill on Lex Fridman's pod is well worth a listen

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post

Mr Fox? That's what I've been crowing about anyway, if you'll excuse the animal pun.
                                              That'll do nicely. Booked it. Tyvm

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

Midway through her book on audible. It’s probably closer to a biography but weaves in politics too, she narrates too.

Comment

Is Wales v NZ not on TV?

Comment

Is Wales v NZ not on TV?
                                                    Live on Amazon Prime.

Comment

Is Wales v NZ not on TV?
                                                      Amazon Prime
                                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

So I've gone from having options of watching on RTE or BBC to Amazon Prime, whatever that is

Comment

So I've gone from having options of watching on RTE or BBC to Amazon Prime, whatever that is
                                                          It's free if you sign up using Eir account
                                                          Free trial is an option too

The Ireland games are on free to air

Comment

Easy fix is a chipped firestick that has all racing channels BT sport Sky sports Eurosport etc. Also every film and series ever made. 130 quid for first year and 70 a year thereafter. Just don't tell Satnav

Comment

Booked Mount Juliet for Friday with dinner in the Michelin star place. They rang today and said they got a big group in, so your choice is either eat in the other restaurant, have the Michelin menu as room service, or cancel. None of the 3 are great options! Might counter with a comp upgrade to the presidential suite.

Comment

Holy fuck those jerseys are puketastic!

Comment

Holy fuck those jerseys are puketastic!
                                                                  As is the game itself.

Comment

Too much attrition for Ireland. We'll run out of bodies and energy by 50 mins or so.

The chip, grubber and short cross field kick is on almost every time when we get the ball out the back. The SA wing or outside defender is blitzing so hard it can be exploited.

Comment

Seamus Power a hole in one then a 2 on a par 4 .

Remarkable (as Hotspur would say)

Comment

As is the game itself.
                                                                        Absolute borefest

Comment

Absolute borefest
                                                                          It's not super exciting and full of breaks but I'm enjoying the intensity.

Comment

Absolute borefest
                                                                            That's South African rugby .

Comment

20 on VDF FTS @20s.

GG me.

Comment

Absolute borefest

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

Shrap likes da wimmins game now . Lovely arses etc .

Comment

That game was played at the intensity of a competitive WC game, tough stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                      That game was played at the intensity of a competitive WC game, tough stuff.
                                                                                      That's all SA can bring though. Physicality . Shocking selections by them and god awful kicking.

Comment

Proper physicality and intensity there, genuinely thought we'd be ground to a pulp late in the game. Good win albeit with the caveat of SA having no one in the 23 who can kick. 10 a problem for any team but when your #1 & #2 are out it makes a big difference. Different game if we have to stick Crowley/Healy/Burns/Madigan in there. Not including Carty as I'd personally have him ahead of Carberry.
                                                                                        Still its a good performance and I actually feel there's another gear in the squad. Hopefully they can find it for the world cup and keep Sexton/JGP fully fit.

Credit to Farrell and management for developing more depth in the squad as well as an adaptable expansive game. It's nice evolution from Schmidt's structured phases and set plays with a smaller unchanged squad that depended on no injuries.

Comment

That's all SA can bring though. Physicality . Shocking selections by them and god awful kicking.
                                                                                          They do have some power!
                                                                                          Would have taken very little for the result to have gone the other way.

Allez le bleu

Comment

Amazing half time try there. The whole pack got there so quickly for the turnover. Impressive

Comment

Watching back some of the big hands from last night's Hustler stream. This one is very good. The guy who loses this hand has some sort of gimmick where after he puts a beat on people he gives them some sort of greeting card to rub salt in the wound. He has put some awful beats on people, one where he calls 50k preflop off 100k stack flops a pair, and an open ender, it goes in and he wins both runs outs after they agree to run it twice. Along with the greeting card nonsense, he doesn't let the other whale who lost the AA straddle the next hand

So towards the very end of the night, this hand happens .......

Interesting side note. This MrDrBatman guy playing in this hand claims that he was a nurse who gave it up due to stress during covid and went into the fence-making business of some sort and is now playing in these games.

Comment

I went to a Nathan Carter concert by mistake. I don't understand what happened to me.

Last night my (30F) friend (30F) and I were looking for something to do in Aberdeen. A quick Google search told us a guy called Nathan Carter was playing at the music hall. An even quicker Google search told us he was an "Irish folk singer".

"Oh," we said, "that sounds lovely" and bought tickets.

Our first clue that the vibe had been misinterpreted came as we entered the venue. They were selling...cowboy hats. Pink cowboy hats. "Hmm" we said.

Our second clue came when we found our seats and sat down. The stage was adorned with the name NATHAN in taller-than-a-human lights. And several drumkits. And a glitter piano. And a saxophone. We were not expecting a saxophone.

We looked around us to try and get a feel for the target demographic. An 18-yr-old girl in lingerie and a cowboy hat walked past us, as did a group of women in their 30s in cowboy hats, as did several elderly people with zimmer frames, as did a bunch of middle aged rowdy men, also in cowboy hats. We were none the wiser.

The show began. A wee blonde irish lady in a blue sequin-and-feather mini dress sang a mixture of Elvis covers, Dolly Parton covers, and her own song which, as far as we could tell, was basically "Jolene" if "Jolene" were sung by Jolene. After half an hour of this, there was an interval, and ice creams were sold. Everyone seemed to be buzzing.

Then came... Nathan. Nathan, as far as we can tell, is what happens when the lead of the local panto cast (the one who is actually quite good, you know) goes viral on YouTube? He exudes the sort of tame, contained, sterile sexual energy that your nan goes wild for. He sang a few rapid-fire country music covers that sounded so similar I barely noticed the song changing. He sang his own song, the only context for which was "in the music video I slept with a granny". Sometimes a man would carry a microphone to the front of the stage, play 5 bars on a tin whistle, and then carry it off again. Sometimes Nathan would do a wee kick to the side and the audience were very impressed. He sat down at the piano and read birthday and anniversary messages from a big card like a Cbeebies presenter. His own gran came up on stage. He took his jacket off and someone threw their pants at him. He put the pants down the saxophone. He told the crowd to get their phones out and turn the flashlights on and wave them (a thing that I kind of thought was meant to happen spontaneously or not at all, you know?). Halfway through the show, he sang "how great thou art", Definite Jesus Song, under a spotlight with his eyes closed, and the crowd went wild. The couple sitting next to us, who were already wearing cowboy hats, left mid-song and then returned with ADDITIONAL hats.

The show ended with an unhinged mashup of Loch Lomond, Wagon Wheel, Shut Up and Dance, and In The Jungle (I could not detect any thematic link). And the audience... absolutely loved it. We looked around us and saw happy, adoring, delighted faces. This is exactly what they were expecting; what they WANTED. THEY WANTED NATHAN.

Honestly, we had a great time. We found the whole thing absolutely hilarious. I have no idea what his vibe is meant to be, it was chaotic and gaudy and cheesy and bizarre and a fascinating anthropological study. He needs someone to rewrite his Wiki intro, though.

Comment

Enjoyed this!

This is a great comment from the reddit post

"I'm still trying to imagine the chorus for that cover of Jolene but sang by Jolene...

"Meeee Meeeeee Meeeeeeee MeeeeeEEEEE""
                                                                                                  This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                                  All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                  The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

I went to two talks yesterday in Kilkenny. One on climate change with Sony Kapoor, Eric Lonergan, Sarah Cullen & Andrea Binder with Dylan Moran as MC.

That was quite good, Sarah Cullen was pretty exceptional. Big on nuclear energy, pretty scathing on Ryan & The Greens.
                                                                                                    You’d come away thinking there must be a senior role for her as a politician or some government body on climate change.

The second was on China which largely turned into a back & forth between Hugh Hendry & Angelica Oung on one side and Yanis Varoufakis. The other two guests were probably the best when they got to speak.

Eric Lonergan ended up sitting beside me for the China talk so chatting to him for a few minutes. Seems like a nice fella.

Climate Change was worth it but China not so much. Tbh, I think the format of 1hr slots is just too short.

Comment

Tactical error only letting the kids out for one hour at Haloween. Treats Supply at critical levels. Stock out on the monster munches

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                                                        Watching back some of the big hands from last night's Hustler stream. This one is very good. The guy who loses this hand has some sort of gimmick where after he puts a beat on people he gives them some sort of greeting card to rub salt in the wound. He has put some awful beats on people, one where he calls 50k preflop off 100k stack flops a pair, and an open ender, it goes in and he wins both runs outs after they agree to run it twice. Along with the greeting card nonsense, he doesn't let the other whale who lost the AA straddle the next hand

So towards the very end of the night, this hand happens .......

Interesting side note. This MrDrBatman guy playing in this hand claims that he was a nurse who gave it up due to stress during covid and went into the fence-making business of some sort and is now playing in these games.
                                                                                                        Wow on the call . The shittalking retribution was enjoyable.
                                                                                                        missed a trick though. Should have said. Nurse for Batman.

Comment

Went into town to meet lads after the game and from chatting to SA fans after the game, they seemed pretty confident they will turn that around in Paris.

I suspect that a narrow loss is the best possible outcome for both coaching teams there.

Comment

Went into town to meet lads after the game and from chatting to SA fans after the game, they seemed pretty confident they will turn that around in Paris.

I suspect that a narrow loss is the best possible outcome for both coaching teams there.
                                                                                                            SA can and will improve more overall. They will also kick a few points next time. Still, I would fancy our chances with some improvement also and we've never been as resilient as a team IMO. We can beat any of the top teams on the day in the WC. The game plan is way less rigid and dependent on fewer players than in the past (eg Mike Ross out, no scrum). Nonetheless, Sexton is still the linchpin and we drastically need 1 or 2 of our 10's to up their game as cover. Carberry has regressed somewhat and injuries stopped his development.

France is the real deal though. I think they will go unbeaten and win their first WC at home. It's the perfect combination of pure brawn, chaos, imagination, and finesse. They've added a sprinkle of cohesion and belief in recent years. Danger from every part of the pitch and a joy to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post

SA can and will improve more overall. They will also kick a few points next time. Still, I would fancy our chances with some improvement also and we've never been as resilient as a team IMO. We can beat any of the top teams on the day in the WC. The game plan is way less rigid and dependent on fewer players than in the past (eg Mike Ross out, no scrum). Nonetheless, Sexton is still the linchpin and we drastically need 1 or 2 of our 10's to up their game as cover. Carberry has regressed somewhat and injuries stopped his development.

France is the real deal though. I think they will go unbeaten and win their first WC at home. It's the perfect combination of pure brawn, chaos, imagination, and finesse. They've added a sprinkle of cohesion and belief in recent years. Danger from every part of the pitch and a joy to watch.
                                                                                                              nervy game last night for us. the team as a whole (similar to Ireland) was a bit rusty. We gave away too many penalties. We should have lost that game, but there is now a belief in the team that we can pull anything out of the bag, even when not playing our best football. Ntamack though was poor (probably the worst player on the field), andJalibert when he came on started moving the ball around with a lot more speed and purpose. Having Ollivon back is also a huge boost to the team, and i'd rather he was captain than dupont if i'm honest.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post

Enjoyed this!

This is a great comment from the reddit post

"I'm still trying to imagine the chorus for that cover of Jolene but sang by Jolene...

"Meeee Meeeeee Meeeeeeee MeeeeeEEEEE""
                                                                                                                Reading through the comments on reddit threads is generally the best part about them. This one is my favorite

"He exudes the sort of tame, contained, sterile sexual energy that your nan goes wild for."

He's the 21st Century mash up of our Daniel and Eoin McLove. Which is a bit mad considering one was a satire of the other but here we are.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

Great listen, she is one impressive lady.

This whole stick that Lex is doing where he intimates that there is a chance he can get Putin on the podcast is mad. Someone needs to pull the plug on the simulation if this ever happens as it will have completely jumped the shark

Comment

Comment

nervy game last night for us. the team as a whole (similar to Ireland) was a bit rusty. We gave away too many penalties. We should have lost that game, but there is now a belief in the team that we can pull anything out of the bag, even when not playing our best football. Ntamack though was poor (probably the worst player on the field), andJalibert when he came on started moving the ball around with a lot more speed and purpose. Having Ollivon back is also a huge boost to the team, and i'd rather he was captain than dupont if i'm honest.
                                                                                                                      Don't worry everything will come together for the WC. Same as 98 in the football. I wouldn't get too hung up on this window of games. It's too disjointed to have a meaningful camp early in the season. NZ/Aus on a different cycle of the season too.

Comment

Had dinner in Six by Nico this evening for their Alice in Wonderland inspired tasting menu. And despite the food being good and the girl looking after us being absolutely top class I can't help feeling there are better restaurants to spend €180 in. The missus wanted to go so she's happy but not sure I'd return.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                                                          Had dinner in Six by Nico this evening for their Alice in Wonderland inspired tasting menu. And despite the food being good and the girl looking after us being absolutely top class I can't help feeling there are better restaurants to spend €180 in. The missus wanted to go so she's happy but not sure I'd return.
                                                                                                                          Ate in Library Street for the first time recently and it was one of the best meals I’ve had in Dublin. Highly recommend.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X