X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
    What did you have?
    AKo

It was a bad call tbh. Something like AKs & JJ some of the time and QQ+ is probably it so can’t call it a bad beat.

Comment

Strewelpeter GL today
      Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
        Crazy shit happening in Brazil today. Polls close at 8pm.

The federal police had established roadblocks across Brazil in Lula/PT strongholds, particularly the northeast, with over 500 operations confirmed by Globo News. Performing searches on cars and slowing traffic down throughout the region. The electoral court had decreed previously that the federal police were not to perform any kind of measures to interrupt traffic. As well as to ensure a maximum no of buses and free public transport so the electorate could freely vote. Anything to help relieve the big queues to vote in round 1.

People called for the director of federal police to be put in front of the electoral court (essentially the supreme court during the election period) to explain what is happening. The Head Supreme/Electoral Court Judge came on TV now to give his update on how the election has been proceeding home and abroad. He said he had received assurances that any traffic measures would be "normal" - eg remove unroadworthy vehicles or speeding fines. He didn't say much else of substance.

If the polls were accurate it's gone from a small margin of victory for Lula to now a coinflip at best . It's not quite a full-on coup but more than enough manipulation and interference to tip the balance. Results will come through around 1am but I'm not not optimistic for a Lula win at all.
        Seems like the loola got there in the end.

He seems a less shit option than Tropical Trump.
        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

The cricket WC dream is over but at least we can take solace from having knocked out two of the global giants.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
            The cricket WC dream is over but at least we can take solace from having knocked out two of the global giants.
            Bowled ok for 16/17 overs . Adair had an absolute nightmare and giving him the last over was crazy. Starc unplayable. Was fun while it lasted

Comment

Originally posted by limpwhacker View Post

Bowled ok for 16/17 overs . Adair had an absolute nightmare and giving him the last over was crazy. Starc unplayable. Was fun while it lasted
              Reverse psychology. Bbv'd Starc. For unplayable read 14 off his last over

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Mustard View Post
                Strewelpeter GL today
                We'll need it. Up another bit in trip should be ok but the tight track and the heavy ground cut up late in the day are going to be challenging.
                Would be great to get a win out of her but any punting would be highly speculative, will do a small ew double with Jarlath's horse in the other division where we are up against

I get to tick off a trip to Ballybrit as other than Laytown it's the only racecourse I've not been to even though we had Jennies win there I was away that day.

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by limpwhacker View Post

Reverse psychology. Bbv'd Starc. For unplayable read 14 off his last over
                  Nice effort by Lorcan Tucker in defeat there, making a bad situation into a respectable one. Hopefully puts himself in the shop window for future pro contracts.

Comment

Nice effort by Lorcan Tucker in defeat there, making a bad situation into a respectable one. Hopefully puts himself in the shop window for future pro contracts.
                    Yep , if Stirling and himself had built a partnership it could have gotten interesting. I did my bit by bbv ing the life out of Starc. Lad never bowled a ball after.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                      Lazy morning listening to some Prince on you tube. I thought the first comment was a pretty cool summation of him. But the 2nd one gave me a right chuckle.

He was also responsible for giving us this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-EF60neguk

There is actually a good Sinead O Connor documentary just released called Nothing Compares. The Prince Estate wouldn't release the song for the documentary.

Comment

Love prince but THAT song is probably the most overrated song ive ever heard .

Comment

Seems like the loola got there in the end.

He seems a less shit option than Tropical Trump.
                          He has not publicly spoken or conceded....

However some key figures on his side of the political spectrum have congratulated Lula and essentially said democracy has spoken.

Comment

I was never really into his stuff but that Super Bowl performance of Purple Rain was unbelievable

Comment

jaysus thats strong words, of it's time it was a classic.
                              Why ? Look at the lyrics . A child could have written it. Sineads performance made it the hit. However as a song its moderate . Just my view but i can name 100 better of the time . Including Sineads own stuff .

Prince a genius though, just that tume. Probably why he gave it to her.

Comment

So we've gone from worst to now 100 better. I presume in your next post it'll be in your top 25 of the 90s.
                                Taking liberties yourself . I said overrated not worst . I presuume in your next post.....

Comment

She had Gab at "I can eat my dinner in a fancy restaurant."

Comment

it was without a doubt made great by sinead and that video. if you listen to prince sing it, it's a pretty cheesy song, and he was definitely right to hand it over

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                      it was without a doubt made great by sinead and that video. if you listen to prince sing it, it's a pretty cheesy song, and he was definitely right to hand it over
                                      So Prince ultimately responsible for this atrocity

Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

Wouldn't want to be sitting in the Twitter offices and awaiting Musk's first steps as overlord

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                          filedata/fetch?id=1726678&d=1666999825&type=thumb

In the market myself . Plane mad fecker kid cant move without trampling on a Finnair . The ultimate ignominy has been parking beside the plane spotter anoraks at Dublin Airport.

Would he like a larger one? We’ve loads of 1:400 size ones lying around. PM me if interested

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post

Would he like a larger one? We’ve loads of 1:400 size ones lying around. PM me if interested
                                            Thanks for the kind offer but i'd have to move out if he got any more planes overrun.

Dinkies - yer a hike man. What are your top hikes around the 50s k radius. Was comparing notes over the weekend and between us we covered pretty much everywhere but i'm sure we've missed out on one or two gems. Any low key ones youve come accross .

Comment

Anybody else having problems getting onto IPB via Tapatalk?

I keep getting an error message saying ' Sorry - You must enable Tapatalk first'

Comment

Thanks for the kind offer but i'd have to move out if he got any more planes overrun.

Dinkies - yer a hike man. What are your top hikes around the 50s k radius. Was comparing notes over the weekend and between us we covered pretty much everywhere but i'm sure we've missed out on one or two gems. Any low key ones youve come accross .
                                                Haven't done a whole lot since the end of the summer!
                                                ​​​​​

My favourite is from the car park in Tibradden (where the Zipit lines are) through to the Faerie Castle then downhill to The Gap and walk back along the road to the car park (about 10 miles) or variations of that.

Another I like you can access from the Military Road near Noel Lemass monument. (Or from Cruagh) There's a trail about 50 metres before the monument heading East. You can access Cruagh from there or hook South after a bit on a narrow trail.
                                                The section from the Military Road to the fence isn't that long but it's my favourite part of it and never met anyone else on that section. Has a nice wilderness feel to it.

​​​​​​There's another one I like starting near Featherbed forest.
                                                Will take a look at a map and describe it later.
                                                later.
                                                First right after Kilakee viewpoint is a narrow road leading down into the valley Featherbed forest on your right. ..straight down over the bridge then first left for about 1/2 mile or so, another left heading up (Glenmasole area) and keep going straight and you're eventually back to Military road. A few cars now and then but usually quiet enough.
                                                It's not particularly dramatic or anything. Nice views of the valley and you're smack bang in the middle of it.
                                                Got a nice blackberry stash a few months ago as loads of bushes on the side of the road near Featherbed.
                                                ​​​​​

Only downside is bit of litter on the first section.

Comment

I've been hit with a mighty 1c income tax to backpay for 2021, as the company I was with (and left) were using the temp wage subsidies scheme for covid.
                                                  ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by dinekes View Post

Haven't done a whole lot since the end of the summer!
                                                    ​​​​​

My favourite is from the car park in Tibradden (where the Zipit lines are) through to the Faerie Castle then downhill to The Gap and walk back along the road to the car park (about 10 miles) or variations of that.

Another I like you can access from the Military Road near Noel Lemass monument. (Or from Cruagh) There's a trail about 50 metres before the monument heading East. You can access Cruagh from there or hook South after a bit on a narrow trail.
                                                    The section from the Military Road to the fence isn't that long but it's my favourite part of it and never met anyone else on that section. Has a nice wilderness feel to it.

​​​​​​There's another one I like starting near Featherbed forest.
                                                    Will take a look at a map and describe it later.
                                                    Merci dinki ,

Copied and pasted into me notepad . St Kevins way beyond hollywood is a hike less travelled . Well that side of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                      Anybody else having problems getting onto IPB via Tapatalk?

I keep getting an error message saying ' Sorry - You must enable Tapatalk first'
                                                      Tapatalk got flagged by google as malware.
                                                      It's also causing us to be flagged due to the popup.
                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Seems like Bolsonaro is going out with a whimper (most un-Tropical Trumplike).

Comment

Seems like Bolsonaro is going out with a whimper (most un-Tropical Trumplike).
                                                          Thank fuck but he still won't concede. His chief of staff followed up on the press conference saying that they'd cooperate on the transition when the time comes. He also misspoke and said president Lula.

Part of me thinks that he's got something held in reserve that he's waiting to play. However I think it's now unlikely and he couldn't get enough allies to try some sort of power grab or stop the steal shenanigans.

We dropped herself's brother in law to the airport on Sunday at 7.30am. He missed the roadblocks in São Paulo by a few hours.

Comment

Hmmm, a reason may be found to go into town this week

Comment

Has anyone here bought a gas fireplace stove?
                                                              Or are they soon going to be a relic/outdated feature?

Something like this:
                                                              Product Profile for Gazco Small Marlborough2 Balanced Flue Gas Stove Fireplaces in either Natural Gas or Bottled Gas.
                                                              ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Thank fuck but he still won't concede. His chief of staff followed up on the press conference saying that they'd cooperate on the transition when the time comes. He also misspoke and said president Lula.

Part of me thinks that he's got something held in reserve that he's waiting to play. However I think it's now unlikely and he couldn't get enough allies to try some sort of power grab or stop the steal shenanigans.

We dropped herself's brother in law to the airport on Sunday at 7.30am. He missed the roadblocks in São Paulo by a few hours.
                                                                Sounds like his focus is on getting a mansion and legal immunity?

Comment

Bleugh. Would have so preferred the Olympia.

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Sounds like his focus is on getting a mansion and legal immunity?
                                                                    The funny thing is that it's the first time in his political career that he won't have an elected post or actual after he steps down. With that comes a dgree of vulnerability as he can't hide behind immunity or direct police/courts/federal police etc away from investigations. He's avoided any investigation into corruption, militia involvement, impeachment and the rest with relative ease. Partly from immunity, partly from consolidated power across the houses and local federal goverment in Rio, but also though appointing cronies in key positions (federal police in particular).

There's 100% been a large amount of sulking in his bedroom for two days. However his biggest focus was #1 Can I get enough support to cling to power in some way ? and #2 WTF is my exit strategy here so I don't get put behind bars in 2023? #1 was almost done as soon as some prominent allies on the right stated they accepted the result and respect democracy. The military also don't want to go down this route having only escaped the dictatorship in 1984. #2 well this remains to be seen and I don't think Lula's administration will be baying for blood on 1st January.

Ultimately Lula is and his team are aware that from a political POV it will be impossible to make any change in the country if they immediately try to target Bolsonaro with both barrels. While they are not afraid to open Pandora's box by unsealing documents/records that Bolsonaro put away for 100 years or target him with a variety of investigations. There's an incredibly divided country and majority right congress that he now has to work with, along with various state governers. Human instinct would be to go after Bolsonaro and his cronies gung-ho for the way that they targetted and put Lula in jail for spurious charges. The differnence is that Lula is too smart and too focused on improving Brazil to blindly pursue this route.

Whatever way Lula's administration decide to approach this will have to be delicate and considered to avoid further division. There's a very poor and hungry population that needs to be addressed above all other matters as well as repairing international relations that have soured. Watch how he deals with BRICS countries, US and EU in particular.

I think there's a strong chance Bolsonaro will step aside and start pumping his efforts into promoting his sons for a presedential tilt. Though they will likely need to have assumed a big political role in the mean time (Mayor, Governor, Congress etc) and be a more visible voice for the right/opposition.

Herself is flying to Brazil for 3 weeks on Friday morning, kindly paid for by work (suitable dates and a conference overlapped). The last couple of weeks have been terror, anxiety, hope and more recently joy.

Comment

Morning folks

Hope everybody has been good and keeping well?

Looking to get some information from the financial wizards and home renovation enthusiast. We had an occupational therapist out the week to check in on my Dad and we were discussing about finally trying to make the move for a bedroom/bathroom downstairs for him. In doing all this work we were also thinking about getting a new kitchen done also, two birds one stone. I'd been in contact with an architect previously about some work and he popped out to the house for a meeting. He reckons what we want to do in the house will probably cost around €100,000 plus VAT.

A lot of places banks/credit unions will only let you go as high as 100K and 10 years online from their loan calculators. Any help in pointing me in the right direction for what I should/could be looking at? Also what would be a reasonable price to pay for an architect from job start to finish?
                                                                      "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                                                                        Has anyone here bought a gas fireplace stove?
                                                                        Or are they soon going to be a relic/outdated feature?

Something like this:
                                                                        https://www.thegascompany.ie/balance...gas-stove.html
                                                                        Almost bought one for our old house a few years ago, but then decided to move and left that decision to the new owner. Currently live in a house 100% powered by electricity (air-to-water pump, which is great but needs electricity to run), would love to have some kind of stove somewhere simply for redundancy if the electricity goes down! We went to a few gas stove showrooms, the modern ones you would be getting are pretty nice and very efficient compared to the madness of an open fire.

Comment

The funny thing is that it's the first time in his political career that he won't have an elected post or actual after he steps down. With that comes a dgree of vulnerability as he can't hide behind immunity or direct police/courts/federal police etc away from investigations. He's avoided any investigation into corruption, militia involvement, impeachment and the rest with relative ease. Partly from immunity, partly from consolidated power across the houses and local federal goverment in Rio, but also though appointing cronies in key positions (federal police in particular).

There's 100% been a large amount of sulking in his bedroom for two days. However his biggest focus was #1 Can I get enough support to cling to power in some way ? and #2 WTF is my exit strategy here so I don't get put behind bars in 2023? #1 was almost done as soon as some prominent allies on the right stated they accepted the result and respect democracy. The military also don't want to go down this route having only escaped the dictatorship in 1984. #2 well this remains to be seen and I don't think Lula's administration will be baying for blood on 1st January.

Ultimately Lula is and his team are aware that from a political POV it will be impossible to make any change in the country if they immediately try to target Bolsonaro with both barrels. While they are not afraid to open Pandora's box by unsealing documents/records that Bolsonaro put away for 100 years or target him with a variety of investigations. There's an incredibly divided country and majority right congress that he now has to work with, along with various state governers. Human instinct would be to go after Bolsonaro and his cronies gung-ho for the way that they targetted and put Lula in jail for spurious charges. The differnence is that Lula is too smart and too focused on improving Brazil to blindly pursue this route.

Whatever way Lula's administration decide to approach this will have to be delicate and considered to avoid further division. There's a very poor and hungry population that needs to be addressed above all other matters as well as repairing international relations that have soured. Watch how he deals with BRICS countries, US and EU in particular.

I think there's a strong chance Bolsonaro will step aside and start pumping his efforts into promoting his sons for a presedential tilt. Though they will likely need to have assumed a big political role in the mean time (Mayor, Governor, Congress etc) and be a more visible voice for the right/opposition.

Herself is flying to Brazil for 3 weeks on Friday morning, kindly paid for by work (suitable dates and a conference overlapped). The last couple of weeks have been terror, anxiety, hope and more recently joy.
                                                                          As you know I'm also flying to São Paulo next week. Was watching the results also, you think everything will be fine? In your previous post you said your brother in law just missed the roadblocks.

Also requirements for entering Brazil?
                                                                          Last edited by tylerdurden94; 02-11-22, 10:05.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                            Morning folks

Looking to get some information from the financial wizards and home renovation enthusiast. We had an occupational therapist out the week to check in on my Dad and we were discussing about finally trying to make the move for a bedroom/bathroom downstairs for him. In doing all this work we were also thinking about getting a new kitchen done also, two birds one stone. I'd been in contact with an architect previously about some work and he popped out to the house for a meeting. He reckons what we want to do in the house will probably cost around €100,000 plus VAT.

A lot of places banks/credit unions will only let you go as high as 100K and 10 years online from their loan calculators. Any help in pointing me in the right direction for what I should/could be looking at? Also what would be a reasonable price to pay for an architect from job start to finish?
                                                                            I'm no bob the builder, but that seems like an insane amount of money for a bedroom with ensuite and a new kitchen.
                                                                            Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

As you know I'm also flying to São Paulo next week. Was watching the results also, you think everything will be fine? In your previous post you said your brother in law just missed the roadblocks.

According to the DFA website. Need proof of COVID vaccination or negative COVID test. That seem to be the only restriction.
                                                                              No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

You'll be 100% fine by then dude, nobody wants the country or F1 to be paralysed by roadblocks. It's mostly disgruntled truckers worried about diesel prices. What pokerhand said above is spot on re covid certs. Just make sure you have your itinerary etc ready and you're there as a guest for the F1 plus holiday. Nothing to worry about tbf. You'll get a new passport stamp and be on your way in no time.

Bolsonaro spoke yesterday and said that the roadblock protests were not to continue.... everyone should have freedom of movement and business is suffering.... we can protest peacefully in a different way. Paraphrasing but that's the gist of it. Some hospitals were starting to report low oxygen stores due to supply chain disruption .

I assume you're landing at Guarulhos airport. Did you get a transfer sorted or does it need to be organised?

If not the options would be to take an uber and expense it. Or get the bus transfer that brings you to the other airport (Congonhas) near your hotel/interlagos. Make sure you have both debit and credit cards on hand btw. Ideally have a visa and mastercard too. They have separate machines for each, lol Brazilian bureaucracy and the odd time play silly buggers. Though revolut will be your best friend (last time I was there it only worked on credit card machine bizarrely). Do keep a few notes of Reals on you just in case. Max €50.

I have some notes to email you from the last time we spoke. I'll ping them over later.

Comment

There is lad my nephew knows specialises in doing conversions to OT specs. I'll get his number tonight and send it on to you.
                                                                                  there used to be decent grants for doing those jobs, afaicr all you need is the recommendation from the OT to qualify.

Comment

Found myself watching The Wire again recently.

Jimmy's wake is just such a great scene. Everything about it.

"He learned no lessons. He acknowledged no mistakes. He was as stubborn a Mick as ever stumbled out of the Northeast parishes to take a patrolman's shield. He brooked no authority, he did what he wanted to do and he said what he wanted to say and, in the end, he gave you the clearances. He was natural police.

...

Jimmy, I say this seriously. If I was laying there dead on some Baltimore street corner, I'd want you standing over me, catching the case. Because, brother, when you were good, you were the best we had."

This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                    All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                    The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

God I identified with Jimmy McNulty so much
                                                                                      "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Mustard View Post

I'm no bob the builder, but that seems like an insane amount of money for a bedroom with ensuite and a new kitchen.
                                                                                        Likewise myself but definitely know prices are through the roof. Know people here who've gotten work over the last number of years so trying to gauge. It's not your standard room/ensuite will need to be specialised for my fathers needs so I'm assuming that's where the cost comes in. Kitchen is old as anything needs to be properly insulated as it's the coldest part of the house.

Got a good feel from the architect and just trying to see what the costing of ones usually are.

You'll be 100% fine by then dude, nobody wants the country or F1 to be paralysed by roadblocks. It's mostly disgruntled truckers worried about diesel prices. What pokerhand said above is spot on re covid certs. Just make sure you have your itinerary etc ready and you're there as a guest for the F1 plus holiday. Nothing to worry about tbf. You'll get a new passport stamp and be on your way in no time.

Bolsonaro spoke yesterday and said that the roadblock protests were not to continue.... everyone should have freedom of movement and business is suffering.... we can protest peacefully in a different way. Paraphrasing but that's the gist of it. Some hospitals were starting to report low oxygen stores due to supply chain disruption .

I assume you're landing at a airport. Did you get a transfer sorted or does it need to be organised?

If not the options would be to take an uber and expense it. Or get the bus transfer that brings you to the other airport (Congonhas) near your hotel/interlagos. Make sure you have both debit and credit cards on hand btw. Ideally have a visa and mastercard too. They have separate machines for each, lol Brazilian bureaucracy and the odd time play silly buggers. Though revolut will be your best friend (last time I was there it only worked on credit card machine bizarrely). Do keep a few notes of Reals on you just in case. Max €50.

I have some notes to email you from the last time we spoke. I'll ping them over later.
                                                                                        Yes to Guarulhos, transfers are being sorted which is handy. Working in London the other week and my transfer to the hotel was a Jaguar F Pace, my transfer from the hotel to the airport was then a Prius. I've been mostly using my Revolut card when travelling for work. Can't remember the last time I actually had foreign currency.

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                        There is lad my nephew knows specialises in doing conversions to OT specs. I'll get his number tonight and send it on to you.
                                                                                        there used to be decent grants for doing those jobs, afaicr all you need is the recommendation from the OT to qualify.
                                                                                        There is grants that you can get but it's all dependant on household income.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                          God I identified with Jimmy McNulty so much
                                                                                          Was he a proddy bastard too ?

SPOILER

Comment

Was he a proddy bastard too ?

SPOILER
                                                                                            Well he didn't drink Protestant whiskey!

I just saw The Banshees of Inisherin, remarkable film.

Comment

For all ye Kildare heads. I see Cliff at Lyons have taken over Graces property in Naas. 25 year lease.

Delighted that cunt Timmy Grace is outta there. Some wanker that chap.

hon naas
                                                                                              This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                              All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                              The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

I imagine this is what Solks gets up to in Finland, the deviant swine.

Comment

I recognised it quickly but was also kind of surprised at this state of photo of a Dublin road in the '60's

FgkxXEEXEAMD86n?format=jpg&name=900x900.jpg#
                                                                                                  SPOILER

The long mile road

Comment

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                                                                                                    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post

Almost bought one for our old house a few years ago, but then decided to move and left that decision to the new owner. Currently live in a house 100% powered by electricity (air-to-water pump, which is great but needs electricity to run), would love to have some kind of stove somewhere simply for redundancy if the electricity goes down! We went to a few gas stove showrooms, the modern ones you would be getting are pretty nice and very efficient compared to the madness of an open fire.
                                                                                                      Cheers, never even thought of the redundancy aspect for power cuts, but I'm on a hospital line that apparently never goes down so I've been told.

Yes the efficiency rating on them is very high, I have an older house that is updated to B3, so would have to spend mad money to get an air-water heat pump in?

Parents have a traditional wood fired stove in the sitting room and it's very thrifty in terms of fuel consumption and it basically keeps heating the room for hours after it burns out. I just can't go with a wood stove for a couple of reasons,
                                                                                                      A. I've mains gas,
                                                                                                      B. The thoughts of setting up a fire would put me off even doing it, plus sourcing wood and getting deliveries, C. Cleaning up the ash mess!
                                                                                                      Anyone that does have a fireplace stove,
                                                                                                      thoughts of a standalone one in the room versus inset into the fireplace job?

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

this brings back fond memories https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crim...sino-1.4091288

Two men sentenced over mugging of woman (73) who won €23,000 at Dublin casino

Last edited by Hectorjelly; 02-11-22, 21:09.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                                                                          this brings back fond memories https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crim...sino-1.4091288

Two men sentenced over mugging of woman (73) who won €23,000 at Dublin casino
                                                                                                          must be well out by now?

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post

Cheers, never even thought of the redundancy aspect for power cuts, but I'm on a hospital line that apparently never goes down so I've been told.

Yes the efficiency rating on them is very high, I have an older house that is updated to B3, so would have to spend mad money to get an air-water heat pump in?

Parents have a traditional wood fired stove in the sitting room and it's very thrifty in terms of fuel consumption and it basically keeps heating the room for hours after it burns out. I just can't go with a wood stove for a couple of reasons,
                                                                                                            A. I've mains gas,
                                                                                                            B. The thoughts of setting up a fire would put me off even doing it, plus sourcing wood and getting deliveries, C. Cleaning up the ash mess!
                                                                                                            Anyone that does have a fireplace stove,
                                                                                                            thoughts of a standalone one in the room versus inset into the fireplace job?
                                                                                                            We had an inset in the old house and just got a new one fitted in this place, they are great but it almost feels like a waste having such a great piece of gear to (over)heat one average-sized room. Haven't used it yet, need the weather to get properly shit.

Comment

We had an inset in the old house and just got a new one fitted in this place, they are great but it almost feels like a waste having such a great piece of gear to (over)heat one average-sized room. Haven't used it yet, need the weather to get properly shit.
                                                                                                              Ah do a Dermot Bannon on it and make everything open plan
                                                                                                              ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Trailer for Bert Kreischer's movie

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Morning folks

Don’t use that Architech for a start
                                                                                                                  i can put u in touch with a team that won’t go to town on you and have their own team to draft up drawings and all items needed

Comment

must be well out by now?
                                                                                                                    Those two are but the third guy fled back to Romania and was only got and sentenced this week.

Comment

tylerdurden94 i was thinking similar. If there is no planning permission required (i.e. single story extension within limits) and you already have a fair idea of layout id lean towards talking to your builder first.

Comment

Haloween is over , its time to enjoy the run in, the drinks , the meeting of friends and family you havent seen in a while. A chance to sinng those familiar songs . To forget what day of the week it is , all to the run up to the big day.

THE WORLD CUP Final December 18th

Comment

THE WORLD CUP Final December 18th
                                                                                                                          Anyone else intending to largely boycott the World Cup?

I know it'll be impossible to avoid on the news, social media etc... but thinking I can't really bring myself to support the whole sorry mess so will likely swerve as much as I can and bury myself in a project or a couple of good books instead.

And I hope anyone who physically attends it gets the wakeup call they deserve.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X