This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keep on eye on Hancock here
    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Due to Brexit complications No1 son picking UK citizenship and Italian residency papers on the same week. He had to turn up to ceremony at Islington town hall today and the Mayor handing out the certs had a few words with each of the new citizens, when it came to the Irishman he said to him 'I'm sure you have at least one grandparent that would shoot you for this'
      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

Can't see it being long

Hunt and Brady must have vetted his speech and crossed out any of his policy points he won’t be allowed to implement.

I would say they have all the keys to number 10 and will only let him out when they need a pre approved sound bite.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

Anthony Eden surely a more debonair and rakish figure. I'll let CC opine.
          Think Sunak is the sexiest PM ever. I mean I've never liked any of them, but he's just so cute, and I love how awkward he is when interacting with the public. Having no policies, and not doing TV bits is genius too.

In US presidents, I've never gotten how so many women have a thing for Clinton. The only one I liked was Carter, but I would me more in my mind to go for a cup of coffee and a chat than getting wasted and shagging.
          Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Overheard two girls talking about Pythagoras' theorem on the bus today. Had to bite my tongue and say nothing when they kept getting it wrong

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
              Due to Brexit complications No1 son picking UK citizenship and Italian residency papers on the same week. He had to turn up to ceremony at Islington town hall today and the Mayor handing out the certs had a few words with each of the new citizens, when it came to the Irishman he said to him 'I'm sure you have at least one grandparent that would shoot you for this'
              Why would you need uk citizenship if you have an Irish passport?

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post

Why would you need uk citizenship if you have an Irish passport?
                Something to do with Italian tax system charging property taxes on property owned outside EU .

He's having to deal with some amount of bureaucracy and shite. The worst has been his job which exposes more of the folly of Brexit, its a complex story that he's in the middle of dealing with it but basically in a multinational company who want to hold on to him it's impossible to transfer UK- ITA but UK - IRL is just about doable but doesn't really work without another IRL - ITA transfer within the short term.
                Last edited by Strewelpeter; 24-10-22, 19:47.

Comment

Something to do with Italian tax system charging property taxes on property owned outside EU .

He's having to deal with some amount of bureaucracy and shite. The worst has been his job which exposes more of the folly of Brexit, its a complex story that he's in the middle of dealing with it but basically in a multinational company who want to hold on to him it's impossible to transfer UK- ITA but UK - IRL is just about doable but doesn't really work without another IRL - ITA transfer within the short term.
                  Could he not ring Mary Lou and ask her to put in a word to speed up the process for him

Comment

Little did he know the SPs probably have the Union Jacks bunting out for the occasion.

Comment

Lex just dropped a podcast with Kanye. I got a little over half an hour in before deciding to give up. He is completely off the rails, I haven't been following the stuff around him recently and I've never sat and listened to him being interviewed before but he seems extremely mentally ill. He is so all over the place and completely off the reservation that I am surprised Lex has published it as it feels quite exploitative watching him completely unravel on camera.

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                        Lex just dropped a podcast with Kanye. I got a little over half an hour in before deciding to give up. He is completely off the rails, I haven't been following the stuff around him recently and I've never sat and listened to him being interviewed before but he seems extremely mentally ill. He is so all over the place and completely off the reservation that I am surprised Lex has published it as it feels quite exploitative watching him completely unravel on camera.
                        Nearly a million views already. Disappointed that he uploaded it.

Comment

Question for the all knowing BBV, it seems my TV has died in some capacity and isn’t worth fixing.

Based on the room size, I know Samsung’s online suggestion was 43inch and don’t need it to be any bigger.

LCD vs LED vs OLED and so on, not sure here.
                          I was thinking it needs to be Smart but on reflection Netflix, Disney & Prime are through Sky and we only use them seasonally.
                          NowTV falls into the same category so maybe the Smart functionality not required.

Not looking for optimal viewing experience. TCL seems to be good value?

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
                            Question for the all knowing BBV, it seems my TV has died in some capacity and isn’t worth fixing.

Based on the room size, I know Samsung’s online suggestion was 43inch and don’t need it to be any bigger.

I was thinking it needs to be Smart but on reflection Netflix, Disney & Prime are through Sky and we only use them seasonally.
                            NowTV falls into the same category so maybe the Smart functionality not required.

If you're a google/android person try to get a true "Android TV". I got a Sony 4k (not a top-line OLED) a few years back and it's been a great purchase. The integration with apps and devices is just a bit tighter for me. You can also use Tivimate and all of the usual ITPV apps along with "casting" ability from chrome/apps/mobiles/laptops etc. Cheaper alternatives to Sony are Finlux/Panasonic/Philips/Sharp/ElectricQ. If Android or cost isn't a compromise, LG is de facto the best brand overall. Ultimately they produce the majority of OLED displays for all OEMs. OLED is the gold standard.

The hierarchy of quality or important features for me is: OLED > HDR10+ > HDR10 > the rest. Assuming you'll be buying 4k if you're looking at 43/50". Try to squeeze in 50" it's worth it IMO. I got an HDR10 screen at the time as I didn't want to pay an extra €500+ for OLED.

Ultimately if you can lump for OLED the picture quality, sharpness, contrast etc is peerless. Otherwise, HDR10 for modern games consoles and the native Netflix/Amazon/Disney in 4k is well worth it. The apps running directly on my Sony always run smoother and snappier with higher quality than through the Sky box. The same will be true with any of the other alternative brands above.

Last point on this. If you can borrow an old TV or sit tight for a month you'll get a Black Friday deal.

Comment

I'm not sure if there are any non-smart new TVs these days, If you don't care about features or picture quality at all, just buy the cheapest. Seems like a waste of time doing research if you're one of these who probably doesn't even care about the difference between SD and HD, never mind UHD.

Comment

Berty boy Jan 13th 3 Arena !

https://www.bandsintown.com/e/103860..._source=widget

And Tom May 6th Olympia
                                This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post

I'm not sure if there are any non-smart new TVs these days, If you don't care about features or picture quality at all, just buy the cheapest. Seems like a waste of time doing research if you're one of these who probably doesn't even care about the difference between SD and HD, never mind UHD.
                                  More a question to avoid doing any research tbh but if being willing to spend an extra 100e or so & the difference is far superior then that’s fine.
                                  I would never have known HDR 10 and HDR 10+ are significantly different.
                                  The cheapest TCL is 299e and this is 389e but has HDR 10+ so maybe worth the extra 90e?

Pretty sure the last one broke because the little fella was banging at the TV to get at Moana so there’s a hesitation not to spend too much.

Comment

More a question to avoid doing any research tbh but if being willing to spend an extra 100e or so & the difference is far superior then that’s fine.
                                    I would never have known HDR 10 and HDR 10+ are significantly different.
                                    The cheapest TCL is 299e and this is 389e but has HDR 10+ so maybe worth the extra 90e?

Pretty sure the last one broke because the little fella was banging at the TV to get at Moana so there’s a hesitation not to spend too much.
                                    I really doubt you need to worry about OLED or HDR10+ tbh. Just but a sold mid range TV from the likes of Samsung, LG, or Phillips and you will be fine. You should get a decent one for less than 400 quid.

POWERCITY Shop Online & Instore for Appliances, Washing Machines, Smart TV, Built In Appliances & Technology in Ireland. Top Brands: SAMSUNG, LG, SONY, BEKO, BOSCH, NEFF, SIEMENS, HP, LENOVO, ZANUSSI, HOTPOINT, INDESIT, WHIRLPOOL, DYSON, VAX, Appliances Delivered, Fridge Freezers, Mobile phones

Comment

I've a tv question as well Running Plex on Chromecast to play files from laptop and 1080p files are buffering badly.
                                      feels like wifi is the bottlneck but I'm always going to need that for the Chromecast.
                                      What's the best cheap option for a media server these days?

Comment

You can apply that hesitation to all your purchases for at least the next decade.

I'm looking forward to having nice stuff again....
                                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

I've a tv question as well Running Plex on Chromecast to play files from laptop and 1080p files are buffering badly.
                                          feels like wifi is the bottlneck but I'm always going to need that for the Chromecast.

Mine is 5 years old, but my synology NAS is still working great.

DS2220j is probably the good budget version of their latest stuff. That, and 2 decent hard drives will probably set you back £350-£400 or so, depending on what you go for. 2 x 3TB western digital drives should be more than enough. Built in torrent client too.

I'm sure there are cheaper options out there though.

Comment

I did use plex through my firestick and my "server" was a 5yo laptop with i5/8gb ram. It was fine the few times I needed it. You can buy an ethernet adaper for the firestick if it's critical speedwise. If it's an older Chromecast both WiFi and CPU could be the limitation tbh.

Processing power on the media server side was always my bottleneck back in the day. There's probably a raspberry pi/NUC or some other small factor device with enough juice to run plex as a server. Storage can just be an ext hdd or even a cheap mini NAS. There are NAS products now marketed as Plex servers like Synology but they might be pricey or overkill tbh.

Comment

You can apply that hesitation to all your purchases for at least the next decade.

I'm looking forward to having nice stuff again....
                                              Our 6 year old is pretty much feral at times. However I bought some equipment lately and told him it was very expensive so please don’t hop it off the wall or throw it down the stairs. I overheard him muttering to himself and he was probably choosing something to destroy as I was coming up the stairs . “ Not that as that is very expensive “ There is HOPE, there is HOPE.

Comment

Most newer routers these days have a USB port to which you can connect a hard drive and turn it into a NAS.

Comment

For fans of Beshoff fish n chips

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                    For fans of Beshoff fish n chips

Elbows for the full bio obv.

The thing that always confused me was 'why hop off in Ireland?' but it clearly worked out well for all concerned.

Comment

Berlin is definitely a less manageable city with kids than Copenhagen. The scale is monumental and I feel we've only scratched the surface. And there is building works everywhere so the place is clearly booming. Definitely a place where the history hangs heavy. Back to reality tomorrow.

Weather has been outrageous btw, 19/20 degrees every day and today the only day with a few spits of rain. Apparently it gets shit come mid-November though!

Comment

Most newer routers these days have a USB port to which you can connect a hard drive and turn it into a NAS.
                                                        Just came on to advise this too but OPR beat me to it.

Comment

Fucking Yes that this app exists.

Never keep a contact waiting and see how you can easily create an auto-reply message to answer messages quickly.

Taking two weeks off on Thurs and was dreading the whatsapp bombardment. Didn't know an auto reply existed.
                                                          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Finally managed to arrange a vist from the HSE to look at doing a small bit of Home Help with the aul lad. An hour worth of questions on the form were filled out pretty qucik fire until we got to the one "Are you still happy to identify as a Male?" - this took another full pot of tea to sort out

Comment

I see Jamfly still trucking in EPT London with 32 left, sound man.

Comment

The thing that always confused me was 'why hop off in Ireland?' but it clearly worked out well for all concerned.
                                                                There was a decent doc on TG4 about it.

Had my own mutiny. The ship hasn’t sunk but can’t imagine things are great at the moment.
                                                                His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Love the idea of this but my area seems to have shit engagement
                                                                  The app that lets you rescue unsold food from shops and restaurants to save it from going to waste. Try it today.

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post

There was a decent doc on TG4 about it.

Had my own mutiny. The ship hasn’t sunk but can’t imagine things are great at the moment.
                                                                    Always out the door in Clontarf although I think the quality has dipped a bit since you left the tiller.

Comment

The app that lets you rescue unsold food from shops and restaurants to save it from going to waste. Try it today.
                                                                      Works very well in london, as does olio.

Comment

Love the lucky dip angle, although could see the capitalist pigs that are business owners finding a way to game that

Devils in the execution though. Probably a lot more appetite for having the bag dropped off to me rather than me going to get it. Be a doubly shit experience if I go to collect one and its a bad bag. But if its dropped off I prob try again.

I dunno.

Love the idea.
                                                                        This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                        All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                        The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                          Berty boy Jan 13th 3 Arena !

https://www.bandsintown.com/e/103860..._source=widget

And Tom May 6th Olympia
                                                                          I'm really fond of Bert, though I think stand-up is the weakest part of what he does. I'd be tempted to see him at a smaller venue in the hope of getting a topless pic with him in the afters. No way I'd go to the Point Depot(sic) to see him.

Tom in the Olympia. I'd be well on for that.

Comment

I imagine getting away from Lenin was probably high on his ToDo list
                                                                            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post

Love the lucky dip angle, although could see the capitalist pigs that are business owners finding a way to game that

Devils in the execution though. Probably a lot more appetite for having the bag dropped off to me rather than me going to get it. Be a doubly shit experience if I go to collect one and its a bad bag. But if its dropped off I prob try again.

I dunno.

Love the idea.
                                                                              Looking at it from a 'food waste reduction ' viewpoint. I love it. Also if you are not totally happy with your purchase , the eathos (had to) of the idea might mean you will probably eat it anyway as after all. The plan is not to waste food .

It could be a great way also to feed the homeless . Buy a few bags cheapo and feed .

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                I see Jamfly still trucking in EPT London with 32 left, sound man.
                                                                                20/25 left overnight. A decent £640kSTG up top to shoot at. Hopefully getting a new PM mid-tournament cements Sterling

Comment

Ireland putting it up to England in the cricket. Could pay for dropped catches though.

Comment

Rain arrived just in time just as England fighting back. If they don't get back on in next 5 minutes it's a huge win for Ireland.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by limpwhacker View Post
                                                                                        Hopefully with an Indian prime minister they will invest more money in Cricket and perhaps give us a game next time.

Comment

I see we're all cricket fans now

Comment

@mods, can't edit or save my last post. If you could tidy it up please to fix the embed I'd ever so grateful.

It's the usual generic "500 error" btw

Comment

Someone at ticketmaster needs to flip a switch.

Finally...
                                                                                              Last edited by oleras; 26-10-22, 10:16.
                                                                                              This too shall pass.

Comment

So when Leo ascends the taoseach throne in January we'll have two Western neighbouring countries with Indian-related PMs. Its kinda something, isn't it?
                                                                                                "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                  So when Leo ascends the taoseach throne in January we'll have two Western neighbouring countries with Indian-related PMs. Its kinda something, isn't it?
                                                                                                  Well we had cowboys so why not Indians Ted ?

Comment

Saw some different video with him recently and he really is mad as a hatter. Just completely off the rails batshiat crazy.

Comment

Dice75 had a reply posted regarding JamFly, posted twice accidentally, deleted both by mistake but yeah great to see, nice guy.

I have some interest in the Mystery Bounty, not financial unfortunately but definitely following along today. Fingers crossed JamFly can make an FT.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                        Fucking Yes that this app exists.

Never keep a contact waiting and see how you can easily create an auto-reply message to answer messages quickly.

Taking two weeks off on Thurs and was dreading the whatsapp bombardment. Didn't know an auto reply existed.
                                                                                                        Enjoy!

The WhatsApp stress is real. Just always fucking on. At one point in September I deleted the app, but then realised it is essentially impossible to live without it.

Comment

Anyone know if there is a live link to the pokers that jamfly is crushing ?

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                                                                            Anyone know if there is a live link to the pokers that jamfly is crushing ?

Comment

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
                                                                                                              I see Rag2gar is still in too using his English pseudoname

Comment

Site fixed...

Comment

Out in Milltown gc with no idea what I'm doing.
                                                                                                                  ​​​​​What's Theresa's app again so I have something to talk about?
                                                                                                                  ​​

Comment

Passed through Clontarf. Would have been disrespectful not to grab a Beshoff Scampi and chips.

Drove through Baldoyle then and see they're also into luxury sports cars. Bleedin Russians.
                                                                                                                    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

​​
                                                                                                                      Make sure you pick out a cheap enough car with your approach to the 2nd

Comment

​​
                                                                                                                        Swingtweaks - https://www.swingtweaks.com/

Throw in a few general pieces of shite talk:

"Isn't Rory playing well lately!"
                                                                                                                        "FFS, surely they have placing everywhere now. My ball is covered in shite!" - when there's mud on the ball and winter rules aren't fully in place.
                                                                                                                        "I'd get another 30-50 yards roll on that drive in the summer!" - I'm actually a much bigger hitter like.
                                                                                                                        "Ryder cup in Adare will be some craic"
                                                                                                                        "Isn't Norman/LivGolfers/another fella some bellend!"

Comment

"The thing about Rory - he always tries to walk it in"

"Did you see that ludicrous display of sandwiches in the clubroom"

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X