• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
    I think penny is done.
    I didn't know about this, amazed she was even on the ticket last time
    https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/news/le...teddy-24965214
    Maybe if it was the general public voting, but having a nonce in the family is probably an "is that all?" moment for the membership

Comment

Originally posted by DeeBrown View Post
      Lads, stop effecting HH's decision.
      Leave 'im to reach his own conclusion & we can pile in on the opposite line.
      Bish Bash Bosh energy bill paid.
      shes now into 6s. I did jump in at 10s though.
      "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

shes now into 6s. I did jump in at 10s though.
        Listening to Rory Stewart and Alistair Campbell's podcast today they reckon she can't get 100 MP votes, only Sunak and Boris could.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post

Maybe if it was the general public voting, but having a nonce in the family is probably an "is that all?" moment for the membership
          Hate to be voice of reason when in a nonce or nonce adjacent Tory story but unless she was involved in aiding or abbetting the brother why should she suffer any consequences from it?
          Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

I see now liz is different they are going to allow some light to be shed on Mountbatten crimes.
            Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

*Camino update*

Have now done 5 of the 6 days hike and am currently 27km from the finish line, having walked 93+Kms so far. Am shocked with how easy I have adjusted to it and have done all the stages under 4 hours.

Have noted a bad habit of myself though in that if I see another hiker in front of me, I push myself to pass him/her out no matter what speed they are going, but generally speaking my average walking pace is higher than most I encounter on the trail., So happens eventually. Majority of pilgrims I see seem too be over 50 though which is a factor.

It is an amazing experience though, and kinda surprising how good natured the locals are. It would be rare occurrence if I didn't hear a "hola" or "Buenos días" or most often a variation of a phrase with the word "Camino" in it which basically means hope you have a good Camino. The local wine is crazy good and food is usually great.

Only downside is some days can have torrential rain, an my phone was a victim and is not working because of that. Hopefully can get it fixed tomorrow but apart from that only damage is to my left ankle which seem to have pick up a sprain from going down a hill but won't stop me from finishing it.

Oh and the Spanish women , not as hot as Italian women to be honest, but they are still beautiful

No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

It is kinda bad (although oh so convenient) how easy it is to travel the world with no linguistic skills bar English these days, and Google Translate. Can't help but feel our children are missing out on experiences like chatting up Serbian ladies using nothing but hand signals.
                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Ireland knocking out the mighty West Indies to get into the final stages of the T20 cricket world cup is some achievement.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post

Listening to Rory Stewart and Alistair Campbell's podcast today they reckon she can't get 100 MP votes, only Sunak and Boris could.
                    That does seem like a more informed view than mine. ​​​​​​

My thinking though is that Boris doesn't really want it, he just wants to be a kingmaker. So his votes will be for whoever he annoints. Which is probably more likely than not to be Penny. That's a fair bit of a gamble though

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

That does seem like a more informed view than mine. ​​​​​​

My thinking though is that Boris doesn't really want it, he just wants to be a kingmaker. So his votes will be for whoever he annoints. Which is probably more likely than not to be Penny. That's a fair bit of a gamble though
                      I see she is, in fact, a dead duck walking and can't get the votes so far. 18 MPs vs 74 for Sunak. Yikes.

Comment

Noel Murphy actually did have a nice win in Killarney ..€14k or so. .. second place in the €750 HR ..decent sort..quiet .. no bullshit.

Someone here was posting that it was Jay O Toole got the 5 figure score and fair fucks to the lad he did! Well done Jay

Comment

This is good,

I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Haha... that's class ^^^^^^

Comment

*final Camino update,*

I am now officially a pilgrim!

Completed the f*****. The first 5 stages did not prepare me for today. Hit the wall with 8 Kms to go and the rest was pain on earth.... Literally the last 2 Kms was more hobbling than walking, but got there in 5.5hrs which isn't bad.

It was very surreal experience tbh, and a lot more emotional than I thought it would be. I am very lucky in my life to have such a rich tapestry of experiences and am truly humbled. Had a lot of time to think on the Camino and have a bit of inner reflection, which I will be grateful for. I highly recommend it to anyone who want to do something a little different from a typical beach holiday.

anyway... Time for some beers and vino!

No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post

For sure, but they were absolutely dreadful; it was a miracle they got three points! Liverpool to go on a tear now is my prediction, they looked much better. Gomez was a different player.
                                Sample size .

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                  *final Camino update,*

I am now officially a pilgrim!

Completed the f*****. The first 5 stages did not prepare me for today. Hit the wall with 8 Kms to go and the rest was pain on earth.... Literally the last 2 Kms was more hobbling than walking, but got there in 5.5hrs which isn't bad.

It was very surreal experience tbh, and a lot more emotional than I thought it would be. I am very lucky in my life to have such a rich tapestry of experiences and am truly humbled. Had a lot of time to think on the Camino and have a bit of inner reflection, which I will be grateful for. I highly recommend it to anyone who want to do something a little different from a typical beach holiday.

anyway... Time for some beers and vino!

These sre great. Do you have a blog about the trip ?

Comment

Good draw for the Irish Wolfe Tones in the ladies World Cup
                                    Austrialia-Canada and Nigeria
                                    Plenty of chances to break into a song or two if we get the right results in the 1st stage

Lets hear it for the Girls
                                    uh ah up Vera
                                    uh ah up Vera

Comment

Rory's driving is freaky good.
                                      Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Finally getting around to watching 'Dahmer' on Netflix. Had been avoiding it a bit, as I remember at the time a really good friend in college asking me if I wasn't worried that any of the men I was hooking up with might kill me or chop my cock off. Literally had never thought of it, but thanked him for putting that thought in to my mind

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                          Thought the season was over- they really could cut some filler and have an actual off season - hopefully LIV will force their hand

Comment

Big swing back to Johnson this morning, hit 6/1 last night back under 3/1 now

Will be some clown car crash, if he gets on the ticket.
                                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                                              Finally getting around to watching 'Dahmer' on Netflix. Had been avoiding it a bit, as I remember at the time a really good friend in college asking me if I wasn't worried that any of the men I was hooking up with might kill me or chop my cock off. Literally had never thought of it, but thanked him for putting that thought in to my mind
                                              Certainly not an easy watch but very good overall, couldent put my finger on why it was so uncomfortable, besides the obvious, but someone said it because of the lack of score in it...makes sense.
                                              This too shall pass.

Comment

He'd a 370+yd drive followed by 8i on a par 5 that he eagled ​​​​​​. Still feel like he's not in top gear.

He'll need a big round today to take the win. One or two under won't be enough. Rahm will be all over him. There's a top 10 there for Lowry too if he gets the new putter behaving.

Comment

Morons.
                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Morons.
                                                    Same people that voted for Brexit. Are you surprised?

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post

Same people that voted for Brexit. Are you surprised?
                                                      It kinda doesn't matter who the UK PM is now. They're in long term decline and the curve of that decline is steepening. Nothing turns that around (ask Argentina).

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post

He'd a 370+yd drive followed by 8i on a par 5 that he eagled ​​​​​​. Still feel like he's not in top gear.

He'll need a big round today to take the win. One or two under won't be enough. Rahm will be all over him. There's a top 10 there for Lowry too if he gets the new putter behaving.
                                                        I'm worried about this mental game holding up today. An early setback combined with a push from the pack could see the head go down and the usual horrible body language creeping in.
                                                        Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Morons.
                                                          Read a comment about BJ.

Like shoving a shite back up your arse.

Comment

Your boys in green taking a beating from lebanon in the rugby league World Cup currently.

Comment

Anyone able to find me a torrent link for this....https://m.imdb.com/title/tt21451264/
                                                              This too shall pass.

Comment

India v Pakistan was terrific entertainment. The last 2 overs of the chase in particular was classic for 'stuff happening'.

Comment

Pray for Hotspur

Comment

Impressive commitment by the Hertha Berlin fans who sustained a chant of scheisse, scheisse Union for at least half an hour solid at the match this evening.
                                                                    (this had to be explained to me but Union are their bitter city rivals)

Thoroughly crap standard btw.

Comment

Just reading the news there, looks like Boris and Mordaunt will cancel each other out and Sunak will be over the line, likely without a contest, by Tuesday at the latest.

Comment

Johnson discovers withdrawal method.

Rishi crowned by tomorrow afternoon probably.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post

Comment

I'm worried about this mental game holding up today. An early setback combined with a push from the pack could see the head go down and the usual horrible body language creeping in.
                                                                            Gave us all a fright on 17 there. US feed then cuts to the clip of Danny Willett smiling before his 3 putt capitulation to Homa on 18 a few months back .

Comment

Giving us a fright on 18 too!

Comment

Wonder what Sunaks views are on the north
                                                                                Himself and lunchbox Leo will surely have a few chit chats about it come November
                                                                                hopefully he will tell the DUP to go say no to someone else

Comment

World no.1 . Awesome in fairness in this era . The aisans are really coming to the fore . Tom Kim is a great character i hope he trends to the top. Love his attitude .

Comment

WhatsApp Image 2022-10-23 at 22.56.39.jpeg

decent

Comment

Genuinely looking forward to the meltdowns here and in the likes of the Sindo when Sinn Fein get in.

and i won’t be voting for Sinn Fein - just the general “im alright jack” vibe from a good chunk of the older generation plus sickening fawning over FG here grinding my gears
                                                                                      had a fairly strong row with someone in their forties today who was not having that people born 10 years after him have it way worse in terms of getting going in life re building a deposit etc
                                                                                      same lad got handed a site and a wedge from his parents to get him going but todays 20/30 year olds are too spoiled and entitled
                                                                                      s

Comment

Yet again,
                                                                                        Misery Guts getting himself off at the prospect seeing those whom he deems to be privileged being discomforted.

You're coming off as a bitter little man with a massive chip on his shoulder.

Comment

Yet again,
                                                                                          Misery Guts getting himself off at the prospect seeing those whom he deems to be privileged being discomforted.

Don’t know where you’re getting that from - I’m privileged in relation to housing and life in general- no debt or envy in that regard- I just don’t believe I’m a genius because of my good fortune and have no desire to see the majority of people after me have the ladder pulled up away from them by greedy parasites.
                                                                                          It’s getting to the point where it’s getting genuinely hard for me to argue with Una mullalley articles thats how badly FG have fucked up.
                                                                                          but I guess it’s easier to just paint those looking to switch to Sinn Fein as “bitter” and entitled (I think Sinn Fein will be disaster.

there’s an ignore button- you should use it (like the fragile RDIII) if my posts are affecting your mental health- that way you won’t see my nasty attacks on vulnerable sectors of society like rugby fans , the horse racing
                                                                                          Last edited by MysteryGuest; 11-11-22, 23:26.

Comment

Yet again,

I’ll admit though that I am pulling myself of mightily at the ongoing disintegration of rugby- great watching the English premiership fall apart. Declining attendances in Ireland encouraging too.

get a warm glow knowing that soon no responsible parent will be allowing their kid choose to play a sport with brain damage baked in if they keep at it not going to apologise for that. Rugby doesn’t have enough money to just keep on keeping on like the NFL

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                              Anyone able to find me a torrent link for this....https://m.imdb.com/title/tt21451264/
                                                                                              SPOILER
                                                                                              ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post

Penny claiming she has the nominations. I suspect not though. As why would she be keeping 75 of them secret. But there are a lot of undeclared MPs.

Comment

I guess she would be in with a decent shot if it went to the member poll. Although Rishi did get a decent 43% of members to vote for him the previous poll against Liz.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                    Giving us a fright on 18 too!
                                                                                                    I was sitting there shaking my head when the first one sailed past the hole and picturing that Danny Willett grin again. Thankfully Kitayama didn't drain his birdie chance. Still, he put himself so far ahead with that birdie blitz on the back 9 to have a nice cushion.

Comment

Yet again,

Its the BBV rant thread . Chips on shoulders also welcome no?

My latest annoyance are parents who stop on the road outside schools blocking the whole traffic with their hazard lights somehow offering a venting amnesty . I was on foot Fridsy and still got peeved by a selfish fucker blocking the road .

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post

Certainly not an easy watch but very good overall, couldent put my finger on why it was so uncomfortable, besides the obvious, but someone said it because of the lack of score in it...makes sense.
                                                                                                        Felt like that about that one The Serpent. I found it very compelling but very hard to watch at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by MysteryGuest View Post

Hate to be voice of reason when in a nonce or nonce adjacent Tory story but unless she was involved in aiding or abbetting the brother why should she suffer any consequences from it?
                                                                                                          His sentence was head turningly light
                                                                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

UK is full of nutters
                                                                                                            Last edited by DeadParrot; 24-10-22, 11:55.

Comment

Originally posted by MysteryGuest View Post

Don’t know where you’re getting that from - I’m privileged in relation to housing and life in general- no debt or envy in that regard- I just don’t believe I’m a genius because of my good fortune and have no desire to see the majority of people after me have the ladder pulled up away from them by greedy parasites.
                                                                                                              It’s getting to the point where it’s getting genuinely hard for me to argue with Una mullalley articles thats how badly FG have fucked up.
                                                                                                              but I guess it’s easier to just paint those looking to switch to Sinn Fein as “bitter” and entitled (I think Sinn Fein will be disaster.
                                                                                                              That's fair enough comment, perception is reality and the perception is that FFG have failed to deliver on housing but the idea that putting a gang extreme populists with an unwashed history of political and criminal violence being the answer is off the wall.

For all of the bleating of people like O'Brion and Hearne I don't see anything more likely to deliver in the short term than just getting units built and on the market asap.
                                                                                                              There are no simple answers, for all we know it's possible that with the amount of building nearing completion and the forthcoming economic cycle we could find ourselves unable to fill those homes and back with the ghost estates of barely a dozen years ago.
                                                                                                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

That's fair enough comment, perception is reality and the perception is that FFG have failed to deliver on housing but the idea that putting a gang extreme populists with an unwashed history of political and criminal violence being the answer is off the wall.

For all of the bleating of people like O'Brion and Hearne I don't see anything more likely to deliver in the short term than just getting units built and on the market asap.
                                                                                                                There are no simple answers, for all we know it's possible that with the amount of building nearing completion and the forthcoming economic cycle we could find ourselves unable to fill those homes and back with the ghost estates of barely a dozen years ago.
                                                                                                                I'd agree on the first part. FFG can clearly do better in so many ways. Unfortunately their opposition still have shady ties to the past and that's going to need a generation to disappear. We're kinda stuck with our lot in that respect. SF will get in eventually but how they perform remains to be seen. Regardless of party or historical precident, all politicians should be held to the highest standard possible.

For the 2nd part I disagree. I don't think the scale of building and irresponsible lending is anywhere near the celtic tiger days. In my area pretty much every development is small scale and sold up promptly. 30 units of social housing were tagged onto the end of the cul de sac where I live over the last year. They're are a couple of other similar sized builds nearby with the same story. At present we don't have the labour force and in particular skilled tradespeople to build at a scale that would lead to ghost estate. My regular plumber gave up domestic work as he's been able to name his price for consecutive public/business projects and is booked out for next 12 months. The majority of secondary school students are incentivised away from "dirty", "menial" and "poorly compensated" appreticeships for trades. There's an element of snobbiness to it also.
                                                                                                                .
                                                                                                                In my previous gig we'd take on apprentice electricians for a manufacturing based role. Four years later they'd mostly be out the gap for a smooth €50k role such is the demand. If they decide or have the aptitude to pursue the automation/robotics route thereafter, the sky is the limit. Their contemporaries who went to 3rd level for any degree most certainly weren't walking into €50k roles, even the ones who went straight to BEng mechatronics/robotics. There was one exceptional kid I remember seeing start his 3rd year industry placement in automation/robotics. They were throwing money at him to not go back to college such was his natural ability and work ethic in the space of a skills shortage. He was flown to other sites abroad for projects and ended up only going back to college 2 years later to finish his degree out. Digressing a bit but we're short on many skills in the country particulary construction/trade and advanced manufacturing.

Comment

Am down in Phoenix.

24 hours of driving in two days.

The drive from Great Falls to Helena was legitimately like middle earth. There was one stretch where eyes were bugging out of my head at how incredible it was.

Stayed in Salt Lake City, the Mormon bastion, for one night. I have a buddy living here (non-mormon) and we caught up for breakfast and he was telling me that the Lake is all but drying up due to diversion of water for agriculture and that he thinks he will be outta there in the next 5 years. City did legitimately look beautiful though, its sort of hemmed in between the lake and massive mountains.

Then the drive through southern Utah and Norther Arizona over the Colorado river was the total opposite of Montana, desert, but beautiful in its own way. Stopped in the most remote of remote gas stations and the chap behind the counter, a native chap, recognized my accent as Irish immediately. I asked him htf he knew that, "Oh I grew up watching Youtube videos from that part of the world, so I can pick it up pretty well".

Then the drive from Flagstaff to Phoenix, I don't think I've ever driven down hill for that continuous length of time ever, American speed limit of 80mph made it feel like a rollercoaster.

All in all, 12 hours of driving per day with the pup in the back listening to podcasts and just thinking about stuff while enjoying vistas I'd never really experienced... would recommend.

Phoenix now, I would live here forever. Maybe I will.
                                                                                                                  This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                                                  All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                                  The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                                                                    Am down in Phoenix.

24 hours of driving in two days.

The drive from Great Falls to Helena was legitimately like middle earth. There was one stretch where eyes were bugging out of my head at how incredible it was.

Stayed in Salt Lake City, the Mormon bastion, for one night. I have a buddy living here (non-mormon) and we caught up for breakfast and he was telling me that the Lake is all but drying up due to diversion of water for agriculture and that he thinks he will be outta there in the next 5 years. City did legitimately look beautiful though, its sort of hemmed in between the lake and massive mountains.

Then the drive through southern Utah and Norther Arizona over the Colorado river was the total opposite of Montana, desert, but beautiful in its own way. Stopped in the most remote of remote gas stations and the chap behind the counter, a native chap, recognized my accent as Irish immediately. I asked him htf he knew that, "Oh I grew up watching Youtube videos from that part of the world, so I can pick it up pretty well".

Then the drive from Flagstaff to Phoenix, I don't think I've ever driven down hill for that continuous length of time ever, American speed limit of 80mph made it feel like a rollercoaster.

All in all, 12 hours of driving per day with the pup in the back listening to podcasts and just thinking about stuff while enjoying vistas I'd never really experienced... would recommend.

Phoenix now, I would live here forever. Maybe I will.
                                                                                                                    Good to see you’re not falling into the trap of going to “America” but staying in one city for the duration, it’s a such a vast and different place when you get out of the standard cities. Whats the plan for the rest of the trip?

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post

Good to see you’re not falling into the trap of going to “America” but staying in one city for the duration, it’s a such a vast and different place when you get out of the standard cities. Whats the plan for the rest of the trip?
                                                                                                                      Oh ha, I am staying here for the next 6.5 weeks. I'm down here since golf is year round and I want to get out and talk to as many golfers and golf pros as possible before xmas.
                                                                                                                      This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                                                      All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                                      The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                                        Just reading the news there, looks like Boris and Mordaunt will cancel each other out and Sunak will be over the line, likely without a contest, by Tuesday at the latest.
                                                                                                                        Annnnd we're done.

Until the next dramallama craziness.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

Annnnd we're done.

Until the next dramallama craziness.
                                                                                                                          Can't see it being long

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X