This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
    Today's parody in Red Square is going to look more like a bad joke when the serfs realise that, even as the Mad Fuhrer speaks, thousands of their soldiers are completely encircled with no hope of escape, bar surrender, in Lyman.
    Not a good look.
    5,500 RuSSian troops in Lyman with the options being:
    1. Surrender
    2. Die
    Be interesting to see how many of them choose option 2 and sacrifice themselves for the Mad Tsar in the Kremlin.
    Quite the PR buzzkill for the fascists after yesterday's nonsense.
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

This has me in stitches. I love the fact they keep triggering each other, and ive no idea how they can ever stop. Comedy gold

Comment

There doesn't seem to be any reasonable logic to her play which led me to assume that she simply panicked when he shoved over her click-back raise on the turn & the all-in call was a brain fart.
        Maybe mis-read her hand and thought she had bottom pair to catch a semi bluff.

What truly baffles me is handing
        back his money after the hand is over!
        Who amongst us would do that after making one of the most insane plays
        in the history of televised poker?
        Surely we'd soak up the glory
        and ride that wave all the way to the beach.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
          This has me in stitches. I love the fact they keep triggering each other, and ive no idea how they can ever stop. Comedy gold

https://twitter.com/AFC_GLEN/status/...xfQw5_M2A&s=08
          I dated a girl who had one of those laughs, the hee haw one! It wasn't really a thing until we went to see Sonny Condell play a late night gig night in Earlsfort Terrace, this is so long ago it was still UCD. Sonny is quite a funny guy and started off in great form that night but after a while it got a bit surreal when her cackle was dominating the response he was getting from a probably 90% stoned crowd, then he started making an effort not to be funny and that set the crowd giggling and then she'd start heehawing uncontrollably again and that got the whole crowd into hysterics... mad night!
          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
            Quite the controversy in racing today when Soumillon, one the most accomplished and senior jockeys in the game elbowed Rossa Ryan off his mount in a race in France, it looks terrible and it's very hard to see any mitigating circumstances, maybe that it looks such an outlandish OTT shove that it could be put down to absolute brain fart

Ryan was lucky to walk away and Soumillon got a 2 month ban but the consensus appears to be that but if he hadn't walked away the ban would have been much more with suggestions that it could of been as even have led to criminal charges.

Here he apologises and IMO plays it as if he thinks it was just one of things that happens. I'm inclined to think that given he admits to using his elbow something like 6 months or a year off would have been more appropriate.

He's a lucky lucky man. If Rossa has sustained any kind of injury he'd have been gone for a year minimum. Negligence suit would have cost him a few quid too.
            Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Looks to be a fairly nice overlay in the bonnington for anyone in that area. Killarney maybe making a dent.

Comment

Genuine question.

Would it be racist to quote tweet this and simply say 'Quasi Kwarteng'

I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                  Genuine question.

Would it be racist to quote tweet this and simply say 'Quasi Kwarteng'
                  Ah, the quasi thing has been done to death. Though I did like this blast from the past

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Sure i’m missing something extremely straightforward but whats the quasi thing?

Comment

Originally posted by Degag View Post
                      Think it's from someone calling him 'superficially black' https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-63052522

Comment

Originally posted by Degag View Post
                        The Mirror published a pic of a different Black guy.

Quasi means 'apparently, but not really'

Quasi is pretty much a different spelling for Kwasi.

Comment

I just don't think there's a situation more suited to calling him Quasi Kwarteng.

Funny, I was thinking of tweeting something along those lines last night but chickened out.

Was gonna say something like..

'Quasi Kwarteng would make a great Halloween costume if it wasn't for the Blackface'

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

The Mirror published a pic of a different Black guy.

Quasi means 'apparently, but not really'

Quasi is pretty much a different spelling for Kwasi.
                            Well, it aint racist

But if a joke needs to be explained so thoroughly it probably isn’t great

Then again, i’m a long way through a bottle of gin so it’s more than likely me

Comment

Is there nothing sacred from cheating scandals

Comment

Is there nothing sacred from cheating scandals

Thought the o'fishals did well. There was a lot of money on the line.
                                Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                    why are so many people booing?

Comment

why are so many people booing?
                                      Broooooooce

Comment

Originally posted by dinekes View Post

Broooooooce
                                        Think he was joshing .

Comment

Comment

Got up to Dublin what we thought was early with herself for the Brazilian presendential election. Left the queue before we had to jump for lunch with friends as it wasn't too bad. Came back and there's more than double the crowd now, probably 3hrs+ to get through. Which is past the time the polls close ​​​​​​.

Comment

We'll try for another German blitz in the Arc here with Mendoncino

Comment

LOL UTD- just hand the trophy to city now- season is over

Liverpool obv on an off cycle for whatever the club doctors are injecting them with
                                                Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

Great example of the infantilisation of the west - were kids movie actors stocking their oar in back in WWII - ? Doubt it
                                                  ‘Heroic’ Zelensky compared Russia to Star Wars’ evil Empire, says Mark Hamill: A comprehensive series of articles on this topic
                                                  Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                                    Got up to Dublin what we thought was early with herself for the Brazilian presendential election. Left the queue before we had to jump for lunch with friends as it wasn't too bad. Came back and there's more than double the crowd now, probably 3hrs+ to get through. Which is past the time the polls close ​​​​​​.
                                                    Would there not be a rule that if you are in the queue at poll closing time you get counted like in other places?
                                                    Love to see how many brazilian people have come here in the census now, I've just helped my 3rd one get citizenship.
                                                    Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 02-10-22, 16:46.

Comment

Originally posted by MysteryGuest View Post

Liverpool obv on an off cycle for whatever the club doctors are injecting them with
                                                      ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post

Would there not be a rule that if you are in the queue at poll closing time you get counted like in other places?
                                                        Love to see how many brazilian people have come here in the census now, I've just helped my 3rd one get citizenship.
                                                        Should we be worried / ask why you're collecting Brazillians?

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post

Yes the volunteers went around through the crowd tell people they'd all get to vote once they made it into the queue before 5pm.

As it happened we were doubled back around to entrance again and one of the volunteers started pulling people from the crowd based on their section numbers (16 different sections to match the number of voting machines). One of the near empty sections matched hers so she got swept in with that group well ahead of schedule. Could have had double the machines and a bigger venue as well as splitting the queue to sections earlier. Tbh I don't think they anticipated the turnout or had near enough volunteers. Similar stories in Amsterdam and elsewhere.

Were you sponsoring some colleagues through work or were they mates of yours?

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post

Should we be worried / ask why you're collecting Brazillians?
                                                            this is why

Comment

I'm hoping there will be a finance prof, international banker or impactful pension guru about sometime soon who can explain to me WTaF is going on here

Comment

I'm hoping there will be a finance prof, international banker or impactful pension guru about sometime soon who can explain to me WTaF is going on here
                                                                On the face of it, looks like a classic case of good intentions gone wrong. Although it's not like anyone's getting hurt or doing anything illegal.

Comment

Mad Vlad really jinxed himself with that shitshow on Friday. His army seem to have taken the hint and are advancing in reverse as fast as possible. In the south as well as the east now.

Comment

Mad Vlad really jinxed himself with that shitshow on Friday. His army seem to have taken the hint and are advancing in reverse as fast as possible. In the south as well as the east now.
                                                                    It was a bit of a tell that the crowd that were bussed in to Red Square couldn't even be bothered to pretend to look enthused. Lovely setting for an event though.

Comment

Some man!

Comment

Louis CK on Tim Dillon's pod today was one of the better ones. Tim isn't usually good with other people, but it was nice to see them interact

Comment

Some man!

Some man alright
                                                                          “Sir Mark's personal interests include coursing, cock fighting and bull fighting.[5] Sir Mark was also an enthusiastic and valuable supporter of the Waterloo Cup - the blue riband of the sport of hare coursing. “
                                                                          Last edited by MysteryGuest; 02-10-22, 21:32.

Comment

Some man alright
                                                                            “Sir Mark's personal interests include coursing, cock fighting and bull fighting.[5] Sir Mark was also an enthusiastic and valuable supporter of the Waterloo Cup - the blue riband of the sport of hare coursing. “
                                                                            Fair play to him
                                                                            great too see a man who is a great trainer win a nice prize
                                                                            wikipedia is great for feeding the masses shite to talk about

Comment

Originally posted by balfejohn View Post

Fair play to him
                                                                              great too see a man who is a great trainer win a nice prize
                                                                              wikipedia is great for feeding the masses shite to talk about
                                                                              I just posted some info not sure why you’re getting touchy
                                                                              its great to see a member of the English landed gentry overcome hardship to train a winning horse- not something you’d expect to see happen

Comment

Some man alright
                                                                                You should spend a day at the coursing, you might surprise yourself. It's a great sport very pure, right up your street.

Comment

I just posted some info not sure why you’re getting touchy
                                                                                  its great to see a member of the English landed gentry overcome hardship to train a winning horse- not something you’d expect to see happen
                                                                                  I just congratulated the nice man on his fine victory

As mentioned go coursing and enjoy the day out, and keep the Cock and Bull for another day

Comment

Apparently Putin is in excruciating abdominal pain. Makes 2 of us Vlad . Jaysus 2 hours of it. Diet related of course. Never learn. Walking the floors helps .

Comment

I get the feeling liverpool will be like this until after the WC
                                                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeeBrown View Post
                                                                                        There doesn't seem to be any reasonable logic to her play which led me to assume that she simply panicked when he shoved over her click-back raise on the turn & the all-in call was a brain fart.
                                                                                        Maybe mis-read her hand and thought she had bottom pair to catch a semi bluff.

What truly baffles me is handing
                                                                                        back his money after the hand is over!
                                                                                        Who amongst us would do that after making one of the most insane plays
                                                                                        in the history of televised poker?
                                                                                        Surely we'd soak up the glory
                                                                                        and ride that wave all the way to the beach.
                                                                                        I can't get past the idea that she misread the 4 for an ace.
                                                                                        Everything after that point becomes waffle trying to hid that fact
                                                                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

I can't get past the idea that she misread the 4 for an ace.
                                                                                          Everything after that point becomes waffle trying to hid that fact
                                                                                          the 'giving the money back' thing is just weird beyond belief

I think it's probably a setup by the casino\production company to create some additional interest (removes tinfoil hat).

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

I get the feeling liverpool will be like this until after the WC
                                                                                            Looking like Arsenal is the only team that could have a chance at stopping the city juggernaut. That or somebody hiring a hitman to take out Haaland. The lad is a beast, makes the game look so easy. It's almost Tuesday night astro for him.

Comment

I'd probably have more respect (from a baseline of zero respect) for Truss & Kwarteng if they had toughed it out and not laughably reversed themselves on the top rate of tax.

Making Boris look like a visionary leader is quite the feat.

Comment

Looking like Arsenal is the only team that could have a chance at stopping the city juggernaut. That or somebody hiring a hitman to take out Haaland. The lad is a beast, makes the game look so easy. It's almost Tuesday night astro for him.
                                                                                                the hair though, the hair....

Comment

the hair though, the hair....

Ah he wouldn't look out of place in a Rocky or Bond movie. He literally doesn't GAF and just wants to score goals. He's going to be a generational talent like prime Messi/Ronaldo, arguably he's already at that level. Imagine he's got another 10 good years of top-level performance barring injury or some misfortune. Best of luck to all the centre halves he faces. Would have loved to see how the likes of Paul McGrath or Roy Keane would have tried to deal with him.

Comment

Ah he wouldn't look out of place in a Rocky or Bond movie. He literally doesn't GAF and just wants to score goals. He's going to be a generational talent like prime Messi/Ronaldo, arguably he's already at that level. Imagine he's got another 10 good years of top-level performance barring injury or some misfortune. Best of luck to all the centre halves he faces. Would have loved to see how the likes of Paul McGrath or Roy Keane would have tried to deal with him.
                                                                                                    Tis the future. Kids these days be towering over the 5ft 11 inch daddys . That used to be considered tall. My mates 16 year old is 6ft 4

Comment

Making Boris look like a visionary leader is quite the feat.
                                                                                                      That's the plan.
                                                                                                      He hasn't gone away you know.

Comment

And as for Steve Baker's apology...
                                                                                                        ​​​​​​
                                                                                                        ​​​​​​ It's on the level of 'Bless me father for I have sinned... And I'm about to sin again'

Comment

I think we know how Keane would have tried to deal with him

Comment

That is quite the situation the boy Dowdall has gotten himself and his family into.

Most likely on the wrong side of people from Hutch, Kinahans and Shinners/RA. Not sure there's 3 worse Irish groups to be after you!

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post

I think we know how Keane would have tried to deal with him
                                                                                                              I think Roy comes out worse from that exchange, the lad shites bigger than him .

Comment

I think Roy comes out worse from that exchange, the lad shites bigger than him .
                                                                                                                I think the PL defences will need bear spray to keep him away

Great to see him in action though Thor playing footie

City could offload him for 4x times what he cost already

He's already just 9 goals short of the golden boot of last year. Lolz
                                                                                                                Last edited by Solksjaer!; 03-10-22, 14:17.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

Tis the future. Kids these days be towering over the 5ft 11 inch daddys . That used to be considered tall. My mates 16 year old is 6ft 4
                                                                                                                  my 14 year old is already 6 ft, and built like a 2nd row. he's going to be a big lad. . shame he's not into competitive sport. he's been ridic good at everything he's tried, but no real desire to compete.

Comment

look what he did to his dad. pretty horrendous

Comment

look what he did to his dad. pretty horrendous
                                                                                                                      I know well what Roy is capable of, there are few nastier players out ther tbh. I won't defend what Keane did, scummy act. We all know Haaland Sr accused of him of feigning injury when he was in bits having done the cruciate right in front of him. Doesn't make it right for what Keano did the next time they met. I've bumped into a few characters like him in sports over the years. Luckily I've played on the same team but they weren't great lads to be against in training matches.

Most strangely seemed to be very gentlemanly in manner and incredibly friendly off the pitch. Incredible competitors until the switch just flipped and you may as well forget about it after that. Once they reached that trigger point they became unhinged pretty quickly. There are a lot more of those characters or personality types around than you'd think. Most of them veer away from sports when they get to late teens/early 20s from what I see. Though that's GAA I'm talking about and most guys that age pack in the gig at that stage anyway.

Comment

Anyone with recommendations for a decent pair of astro football boots/trainers (needs to be turf/tf soleplate)?

Had a pair of Nike phantom gt ones I got last year that I thought was finally broken in. Turns out everyone gets their heels ripped by a poor design and I can't play the last 2 weeks.

Seems to be shite timing for getting a new pair as everyone is buying them. Everything seems to be either crap quality, no sizes or high-end models left (€100+).

Comment

The key is to not read anything that guy writes imo. Such a weird strategy for a business journalist to be chasing sensational headlines on twitter. He was one of the ones who 'broke' the false story about institutional buyers buying 40% of new homes in Ireland. And only afterwards realised that the vast majority of those 'institutional purchases' were the government buying social housing. If a business journalist can't read the fecking CSO website, they're not up to much.
                                                                                                                          "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X