This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by coillcam View Post

Just had a gawk for peak season, 1.3k a night .

Any chance of a very mini trip report or feedback?
    Ah this was over 10 years ago...I'd say I paid about 1/4 of that if even....we went in late March. It's a class building but very old....weird stuff like random pillars in the middle of the rooms, which themselves were very small. It's also a solid walk from the town IIRC. We moved to a smaller more modest place after 2 nights. Banff was a great spot then, and as the video shows the scenery is amazing. Better again in winter, too. Would love to go back some time.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

Why? The longer he stays around, the more complete is Russia's strategic defeat.

Putin might actually be a CIA deep cover agent. He's certainly behaving like one.
      I just don’t know what he’s gonna do when ‘New Russia’ gets attacked with NATO weapons.

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
        The guy looks like he thinks she might have had some additional info more than anything.

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post

It's an interesting one for sure. A couple of the lads that came back had Irish partners and wanted the family to grow up at home. These guys were there for 7+ years and had residency btw. The other two lads had built decent careers, put down roots (Irish partners too) and love the lifestyle/weather. I haven't seen much of the Canadian lads but they married locals and are happy out.

FWIW the lads in Oz, had engineering degrees whereas Canadian guys had trades (electricians and carpenters). Maybe the career options play a decent part too.
          I think the kids aspect is one of the main factors. I wouldn’t want to try raise a child without the support of a family network.
          The first child about to start school seems to be decision time. Understandable so too, as it’s a now or never of sorts.

Obvious that’s all off the table if you knock up a local.

Theresa & Mellor - On the airport shitshow, I've seen plenty of it this year with the missus' family visiting for her sister's wedding. Our plan was the same each time no matter T1/T2 - get there early, then straight into the adjacent short-term car park for an hour while we gave them a hand with bags/directions etc and said goodbyes. It cost less than a €5er and made things really easy. In other countries, you'll get fined if you take the piss with the set-down area. No problem with introducing something to change behaviour, although DAA probably doesn't want to throw more bodies at it if they can't recoup against wages.
          I think issue is that people are abusing the correct system because it’s a shitty system. There no free area to wait for short periods. There’s no decent pick up area.
          So they abuse the drop of area and the bus area. And once you’re breaking the rules, 5 or 25mins makes no odds.

A 15 or 20 minute free grace period in an express carpark would give people a reasonable means for free pick-up/drop-off. Stops cars clogging up the drop off and avoids adding barriers slowing the whole thing down.

But Dublin airport in general, and T1 in particular, is a bit of mess logistically, and needs an overhaul and re-design.

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post

The guy looks like he thinks she might have had some additional info more than anything.
            Yeah, he thinks she cheated and he walked off the show shortly after the hand. You can see the entire hand here and the aftermath starting at 2.08. Her explanations for the call where just extremely weird, she even says at one point she put him on A high and he asks then why are you calling with J high ..

There was a massive bust-up after it and she end up giving him the money back (??) and one of the players is screaming at Garret for taking it.

I think Daniel's take on it though is probably correct.

btw Daniel was on the Lex podcast a few days back.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
              Its maybe not quite minor - the annexation of territories just announced. It now means it is officially 'war' if Ukraine attacks their own territory that is now Russian. I do fully realise the flawed logic here, but we are completely swimming in a sea of flawed Russian logic. But an attack on Russian territory surely opens all manners of 'acceptable' responses that weren't 'acceptable' when it was 'a special operation'. Also if NATO weapons are supplied for attacks on this Russian territory.
              But it surely doesn’t open up any of those options??

The referendum was nonsense. Putin signing a document in Russia has no legal bearing in Ukraine. It anything it’s aggressive escalation on their behalf.

If Russia fires a nuke, they fire a nuke and all that goes with it. They can’t use their actions (annexing) to justify their actions (nuking).

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post

The referendum was nonsense. Putin signing a document in Russia has no legal bearing in Ukraine. It anything it’s aggressive escalation on their behalf.

If Russia fires a nuke, they fire a nuke and all that goes with it. They can’t use their actions (annexing) to justify their actions (nuking).
                I think what Hitch means is 'it gives the Mad Fuhrer something he can use for domestic propaganda purposes with his serfs, as no-one outside Russia would be so stupid as to take anything emanating from the Kremlin as being anything other than a lie'.

"We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Your man's facial expression when she eventually flips the old J4o is wonderful though. And she has big tits, so there's that.

Comment

Internally acceptable, in terms of justifying protection of 'territory', yep. As indeed Israel has been doing for decades.

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Seconds away from the arrival of Michael's epic seafood platter. We'll have to be rolled out of here, is the anecdotal evidence.

Comment

Internally acceptable, in terms of justifying protection of 'territory', yep. As indeed Israel has been doing for decades.
                        Speaking of Israel, I see that notorious neo-Nazi, Zelensky is in the news over there:

zelensky-683x1024.jpg

Comment

It potentially does. We all know it’s a sham but it’s self justification on his part. This whole war is. The whole world knows the truth but it doesn’t matter if he doesn’t.

Comment

It’s mad but it’s probably not the maddest thing i’ve seen at a poker table

Comment

I was watching that video on a small screen, I didn't see the board correctly and thought she had an open ender SD. When I heard the J-high I looked a bit closer and couldn't stop laughing at the whole thing. I was invited to a small poker home game recently. I normally run a mile from these nights but was considering going to sink a few cans and bluff jam my way out early doors. Had other plans as it happens. I might play a local tourney that comes to town every few months or cash after a few pints in Dublin. Otherwise, I have little desire to play anymore.

Comment

Her in game justification is at odds with her interview about the hand where she claims she thought she had J3 giving her a small pair. Shady as fook. Cheating most likely explanation.
                                Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                  Her in game justification is at odds with her interview about the hand where she claims she thought she had J3 giving her a small pair. Shady as fook. Cheating most likely explanation.
                                  She should have said she misread her hand as J8sooted, would have been more plausible. I have no idea who she is, is she even a poker player?

Comment

If you doubted that Putin is insane, turn on your tv and listen to this craziness. Even some of the loyalists in the audience look shocked.

Comment

This guy from the FT nailed it:

Comment

Giving him a propaganda script isn’t the same as making any actions acceptable. In the same way Hitler’s lies didn’t make his actions acceptable. And apologies for the Godwinism - but it’s probably a rare case when it’s at least on topic.

It was always War. The Russian people know it’s war. I think there’s a tendency to confuse the fact they publicly go along the with the supreme lie, with idiocy.

Originally posted by Degag View Post
                                        It potentially does. We all know it’s a sham but it’s self justification on his part. This whole war is. The whole world knows the truth but it doesn’t matter if he doesn’t.
                                        It will most certainly be a sham he plays out a press conference. I’m not doubting that card follows logically from this one.
                                        Im just saying that “acceptable” doesn’t come into it. Not even among Russians themselves.

The whole thing started with lies that swallowed at home and even abroad. But the curtain is well and truly pulled back now.

Comment

She should have said she misread her hand as J8sooted, would have been more plausible. I have no idea who she is, is she even a poker player?
                                          She says she got into poker heavily during the pandemic and ended up giving up her job in biopharmaceuticals where she was doing something called CAR T-cell therapy for cancer to pursue poker full time. She was playing small stakes tournaments around a year ago but she hired Faraz Jaka (Pro) as her coach a couple of months back and jumped up in stakes recently. No idea if she is backed or personally wealthy to be in a game this big.

Comment

But who cheats like this? You know the cards and you decided this is the spot, I'll min raise induce a turn shove to call off with J high? Surely she can put the dream machine to better use.

Comment

But who cheats like this? You know the cards and you decided this is the spot, I'll min raise induce a turn shove to call off with J high? Surely she can put the dream machine to better use.
                                              It looks like she either misread her hand or just had an enormous brainfart.

Comment

Seconds away from the arrival of Michael's epic seafood platter. We'll have to be rolled out of here, is the anecdotal evidence.
                                                Going to go against the Dublin consensus on this and say that this was: both very good for Dublin, and pedestrian compared to a decent platter in the likes of Dingle.

Comment

Putins gone mad.

But also, why will this annexation be any different to Crimea. Seems like it'll just be "occupied" territories to the rest of the world but governed and administered by Russia from here on out.
                                                  This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                  All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                  The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

The part below is pretty a sane take- we (the E.U) are going to get our poo pushed in this winter no matter what happens

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                                                    This gallery has 1 photos.
                                                    Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

Would our resident pine nuts and mushroom king, Tar, have any idea of a decent vegan restaurant near UCD (not DCU), that I could use to make the impression on a visitor that Ireland is not still a nation of cow-worriers? I have, of course, tried googling it first, aware of the many superior demands on your time.

Comment

I hear ya. You have a better explanation for her play and the inconsistencies in her justification? Poker savant or too dumb to disguise her exploit? Leaning toward the latter.

Comment

How does she cheat? Maybe i’m just very naive but she’s not sitting next to him so can’t spy on his cards

Comment

Would our resident pine nuts and mushroom king, Tar, have any idea of a decent vegan restaurant near UCD (not DCU), that I could use to make the impression on a visitor that Ireland is not still a nation of cow-worriers? I have, of course, tried googling it first, aware of the many superior demands on your time.
                                                            I don't really know anything near there tbh, never in that area. You can look at these and see what best suits out of town or in:
                                                            https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...2JlLWx/pubhtml
                                                            https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...aXUXmI/pubhtml

As for the poker above, it's likely that she is just flustered and bad and embarrassed about it all and does not want all this attention, and that that guy bullied her to get the money back.
                                                            He always comes across as a "nice guy" that is a complete prick.

Comment

How does she cheat? Maybe i’m just very naive but she’s not sitting next to him so can’t spy on his cards
                                                              You would be thinking some kind of Mike Postle job right?

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post

V nice again, fair play!

AI cover art? what was the prompt if so
                                                                “Expressive oil painting of Hagia Sofia Istanbul being hit by lightning ”

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post

I don't really know anything near there tbh, never in that area. You can look at these and see what best suits out of town or in:
                                                                  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...2JlLWx/pubhtml
                                                                  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...aXUXmI/pubhtml

As for the poker above, it's likely that she is just flustered and bad and embarrassed about it all and does not want all this attention, and that that guy bullied her to get the money back.
                                                                  He always comes across as a "nice guy" that is a complete prick.
                                                                  She gave him back his chips? WTF!!!! Should have kept needling him and put him on megatilt

Comment

I hear ya. You have a better explanation for her play and the inconsistencies in her justification? Poker savant or too dumb to disguise her exploit? Leaning toward the latter.
                                                                    I aired on the take Daniel had in the tweet he posted where she kind of lost her mind. I don't know how much poker you watch but the guy in the hand is Garrett Adelstein who is considered by many to be one of the top NL cash deep stacked live players in the world. He is known for being very aggressive and is perceived to be over-bluffing in spots. He had a hand the night before where he 4x potted the river 300k to win a 70k pot with a bluff. She has played one session with him before where she seems to have built up this narrative in her head that he coming after her so in the hand she thinks fuck this guy and tries to bluff the turn and then when it doesn't work she loses her mind when he shoves.

Now this was when I thought she was a complete rec without any experience but she has been playing for a few years, had coaching, and her story about why she called keeps changing. She even did an interview with joey just now where she said she knew she had J high but called cause she put him on a draw. She was pressed on this logic and just started rambling like a lunatic. Now it also turns out she is backed in the game by another player in the game sitting at the table . The guy in the cowboy hat at the other end. Maybe he saw cards and signaled? Would explain why it was shit or bust to get the money in that hand as you only have a window when one of them sees cards.

I may be swinging back to she cheated
                                                                    Last edited by Opr; 30-09-22, 14:55.

Comment

You would be thinking some kind of Mike Postle job right?
                                                                      But if you had that kind of omniscient info you would surely pick spots that are way more inconspicuous.

Comment

But if you had that kind of omniscient info you would surely pick spots that are way more inconspicuous.
                                                                        As I said which do you think is most likely, poker savant or too dumb to disguise her exploit?

Comment

Originally posted by MysteryGuest View Post
                                                                          Lol - Luke o neill on pat Kenny there - just casually drops in the fact that he was at a conference for immunologists recently and consensus now is that Covid pandemic was caused by a lab leak in Wuhan
                                                                          No doubt if you go back far enough you’ll find clips of him shitting on the idea and claiming it’s a conspiracy
                                                                          Just catching up on the previous page.
                                                                          Is there somewhere I can listen to what he said? Surprised at that about turn. But don’t think he ever ruled it out - but said it’s so improbably given the evidence all pointing to the wet market.

I think the tinfoil theory was always that it was released on purpose. As some sort of biological attack.

Comment

It's the same situation as the superuser hand. Can understand why he immediately suspects cheating. None of what she said makes sense, she doesn't beat his bluffs. Only the hand he had.

Comment

As I said which do you think is most likely, poker savant or too dumb to disguise her exploit?
                                                                              But if you were using technological means (and fairly advanced means i would guess) to cheat then surely you wouldn’t be as silly to call such a spot, you would use the edge in far less conspicuous spots.

Guess what i’m saying is that it must have taken huge knowhow to set up such an angle with a large amount of technical knowledge. The hand in question is in no way representative of that.

Not saying she wasn’t, just playing devils advocate really.

Comment

Just catching up on the previous page.
                                                                                Is there somewhere I can listen to what he said? Surprised at that about turn. But don’t think he ever ruled it out - but said it’s so improbably given the evidence all pointing to the wet market.

I think the tinfoil theory was always that it was released on purpose. As some sort of biological attack.
                                                                                Regarding Covid19 the key question is Where are we headed next? Isn’t it over? And why keep harping on about it when we now have so many other concerns?
                                                                                Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                  It's the same situation as the superuser hand. Can understand why he immediately suspects cheating. None of what she said makes sense, she doesn't beat his bluffs. Only the hand he had.
                                                                                  but even if she has perfect knowledge of his hole cards, it's hardly optimal anyway!

leading us back to the brainfart\idiot\drunk\stoned theory....

Comment

So - it seems to get external insulation, you need ESB to do a 10-minute insulation job on the outside cables so the external cladding can be put in. Apparently there's thousands of insulations held up by this. That normally involves waiting 20-freaking-weeks unless you know someone in ESB. Then they come out the next week. Due to a misspent youth, I never got to know anyone who works for ESB. Would anyone know anyone who works in there?

Comment

I called an all in with J hi blind v blind once (he had 9,10)

I do not have nice tits...well not then anyway!

Steamrolled on from that hand and same guy raises with AQ, I jam with AK another guy dwells for ages and calls with AQ

​​​​​​EOM about 10 years back.

Comment

Well Gman clearly believes she was cheating.

Comment

Comment

Another wrong call by the market on a head bobber in Fundalk. 8.4 about an even money SP winner
                                                                                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

So - it seems to get external insulation, you need ESB to do a 10-minute insulation job on the outside cables so the external cladding can be put in. Apparently there's thousands of insulations held up by this. That normally involves waiting 20-freaking-weeks unless you know someone in ESB. Then they come out the next week. Due to a misspent youth, I never got to know anyone who works for ESB. Would anyone know anyone who works in there?
                                                                                              I'm currently in that process

According to the retrofit guy, they usually get it done in 6-8 weeks

Comment

That 10 minute job costs €415 by the way

Comment

I'm currently in that process

According to the retrofit guy, they usually get it done in 6-8 weeks
                                                                                                  Its a North vs South Dublin thing. 6 weeks we were told for North Dublin vs 20 weeks on South Dublin. Its the type of discrimination we've been facing over here for decades.

Comment

Ha i remember calling an ALL IN in the Sporting E against a Chinese guy who always mucked if caught bluffing . I didnt even look at my cards . Called him and he mucked . Turned over my cards rags . Bleedin drink . Fun hand.

Yer woman in that hand HAD to fold there though . Not even beating a bluff most times . Probably putting some marker down ? Or else cheating.

Btw Thanks V and Murdurr . Interesting on the UK penshuns stuff

Comment

Someone who I last met maybe 12 years ago, emails me once a year or so and goes 'here's some photos of me, how are you doing?'. She's like having a meal, looking at a mountain, just standard life stuff. It's rather endearing. Guess she must be in her thirties at this stage. Chinese, as it turns out, so maybe it's just a generally mad country.

Comment

There is some sort of a parallel with Neimann's poor analysis of his play against Magnus focussing attention towards cheating as an explaination.

But like Degag says it wouldn't be in the top tier of stuff we've seen at the tables, basically he got Chiefed

Comment

I’ve seen lads, more than once, check the river with the stone cold nuts when last to act.

The explanation: “Sure i knew he wasn’t going to call”

Didn’t understand that it was illegal (or at least deeply unethical) at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                            But like Degag says it wouldn't be in the top tier of stuff we've seen at the tables, basically he got Chiefed
                                                                                                            I agree with everyone saying this but seeing mad stuff happen in a 1-2 game is a little different from seeing it happen in a 270k pot.

Doug gives his take on the hand.

Comment

Is that just not something like 2-4 in their parlance though?

As in not much above 1-2 in equivalence.

Comment

Is that just not something like 2-4 in their parlance though?

As in not much above 1-2 in equivalence.
                                                                                                                In the games you see with the billionaires throwing around money you can draw parallels I suppose. She was playing 100 dollar tournaments less than a year ago. She is getting coaching to get better and is backed in the game. I have to imagine 270k is a massive amount of money to her. Calling off 100k as opposed to someone calling off 100 dollars for the LOL's seems quite different.

I mean maybe she has found some sort of sugar daddy and no longer cares about money. Doug said in the video above that she is romantically involved with the guy at the table who is stalking her and he is married.

Edit - I see he has taken the video down probably after people told him he should not be leaking that last bit of info.

Comment

Quite the controversy in racing today when Soumillon, one the most accomplished and senior jockeys in the game elbowed Rossa Ryan off his mount in a race in France, it looks terrible and it's very hard to see any mitigating circumstances, maybe that it looks such an outlandish OTT shove that it could be put down to absolute brain fart

Ryan was lucky to walk away and Soumillon got a 2 month ban but the consensus appears to be that but if he hadn't walked away the ban would have been much more with suggestions that it could of been as even have led to criminal charges.

Here he apologises and IMO plays it as if he thinks it was just one of things that happens. I'm inclined to think that given he admits to using his elbow something like 6 months or a year off would have been more appropriate.

Comment

Edit - I see he has taken the video down probably after people told him he should not be leaking that last bit of info.
                                                                                                                    What was that?
                                                                                                                    ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post

What was that?
                                                                                                                      The wan with the big tittys was allegedly getting slammed by a dude with a cowboy hat who also potentially sending her some poker info somehow . Perhaps through a clever wrist device . Using this info she was able to call with Jack SHIT for more money that 10 boob jobs would cost. Cowboy hat guy is married so probably not how he wants the investigation to go. So there it looks like there is some cheating going on just not sure which type

Fold preflop imo. Nobody gets hurt

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                                                                                                                        Cheers.
                                                                                                                        Sadly comes up as not available in my region.

chrvk the website but no reference to a recent interview.

Comment

If you're around Mountjoy Square / O'Connell Street area tomorrow keep an eye out for Brazilians trekking up to vote in their presendential elections from 8am-5pm.

Anyone wearing a yellow Brazilian football jersey will be supporting Bolsonaro and the people wearing red of some sort will be supporting Lula.

There were 10k additional Brazilians registered with the Dublin embassy this year to vote. They've only 6 booths for voting but they're all electronic. Voting takes seconds to push the button. A little longer to verify your identity and sign in but they'll blitz through the numbers in a very un-Brazilian manner devoid of the typical beuracracy. Ireland, take note of the recounts lasting 1 week to get Robert Troy et al in the door.....

Results will probably be announced by 10pm tomorrow night. If the polls are accurate there's a good chance Lula can be elected in round 1 with 50% + 1 vote majority needed. Anything less and there will be a direct run off in 2-3 weeks with the top 2 candidates.

Fingers crossed Lula will do the business. There's still a shadow cast over his party (PT) from the operation car wash scandal. However the level of corruption in politics in Brazil is endemic at all levels and no politocal party escapes this.

Bolsonaro is lucky that he's been able to strangle all attempts to impeach him (like trump) and not have a any number of scandals blow up in his face. He stands for absolutely nothing other himself and dictatorship aligned far right ideology. That is even being generous to a particularly odious man. He even literally refers to himself as imbrochavel: omni-erect/anti-impotent.

The vote won't even be purely for Lula. It will be as much of a 2 fingers to the Bolsonaro term of misinformation, damaging the amazon, marginalising minorities, land grabbing of indigenous territories and pointing fingers at everyone else for his incompetence.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X