This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Theresa View Post

Calgary and Dublin are very similar sized cities.

Some small examples I guess, all subjective of course and definitely some things specific to my situation or past experience.

Going to a family doctor. You can only be seen for one ailment, otherwise book again, AND you have to pay. Not the case here.
    - Try getting a Dr for a start, especially if you're new to an area. Massive shortage here. Also needing the GP as a gatekeeper for everything is a pain.

Tolls on roads. Not a thing here.
    - Tolls are not unique to Ireland tbf.

Traffic and downtown driving. Everything gridded here, parking handy. Commute is easy.
    - Medieval and prehistoric settlements here, not exactly planned for driving. All roads lead to Dublin too.
    - Lack of investment in public transport and infrastructure is a real failing since the Luas was commissioned.
    - Dublin airport connectivity in particular is very annoying if you don't drive or live in the Pale. Costly to get buses/trains
    and schedules are not ideal either.

Availability of Off Leash Dog Parks. I don't know if I've ever heard of one in Ireland. All gov/municipally provided here, free, and excellent.
    - This is a thing here now, one opened in my town recently.

Ireland's general mobile LTE/3g/4g/Internet coverage and latency is poor.
    - I disagree with this. It's poor in some black spots or remote areas for sure but overall we're actually pretty good connectivity. I remember reading this on some indexes for college work, a minor pull factor but it was part of the weighting used for companies looking at FDI.

Trying to get the dole/social welfare in Ireland is a mission. All online here, no questions asked as you are entitled to it. No hoops to jump other than uploading a doc that every employer gives you when you finish.
    - Couldn't comment much tbh. Lucky enough to only experience this once (during the financial crash). Apparently, you can apply online now: https://www.citizensinformation.ie/e...es_online.html

Pensions could not be more straightforward here. Two personal options, one with employer, all going into the same pool. Moving contributions and knowing your balances/investment etc etc all very simple.
    - Tentative steps in this direction for several years but will take years before reform is actually followed through.

People will respond and say some of these issues aren't an issue for them, cool. For me its just a culmination of lots of little things that make it that bit harder.
    There's no point you've raised that's unreasonable tbh. The internet/mobile connectivity is the only one I disagree with, probably changed since you emigrated. There's going to be fibre switched on in a massive amount of rural places in the coming months and years due to the NBI scheme (regardless of how it was conceived/tendered).

On the other side of the coin, there are many here who would rather avoid the climate of Calgary. Of the lads I know who emigrated in the mid-late 2000s, the Canadian crew are mostly still over there. Whereas the majority of the Aussie crew are back home. Small sample size but maybe that tells its own story - Canadians are sounder.

Also the most important point on golf! It's way more accessible here, so cheap to get a green fee on a decent course.

Comment

Originally posted by Degag View Post

Is that really a thing here?
      I very rarely have to go to the doctor (although probably should go more, but that’s a different matter) so wouldn’t really know.
      Seems very odd to me that you would be turned away cause you have more than one ailment.
      I've never seen nor heard of it. Also bring on the tolls and stop driving in cities.

Comment

Going to a family doctor. You can only be seen for one ailment, otherwise book again, AND you have to pay. Not the case here.
        Nonsense, change doctors if that is happening.
        Tolls on roads. Not a thing here.
        Road tolls are a good thing.
        Traffic and downtown driving. Everything gridded here, parking handy. Commute is easy.
        Calgary is a new town whose major expansion was in the 1960's when the big car was king. Traffic here is awful but I hope that Dublin will benefit from the current horribleness of driving when non car transport becomes the preferred option inside the M50. Try getting across Calgary in an electric bike in February
        Irelands general mobile LTE/3g/4g/Interenet coverage and latency is poor.
        Is that a fact, compared to Canada, really? I'm getting 100Mb fibre and 5g right in the middle of the bog of Allen. Daughter getting better figures in the middle of of Wicklow mountains

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

150mb 4g+ here, unlimited everything for €11 a month. Internet is bonkers fast for €65. Can't imagine how Canada could be cheaper or better tbh.
          "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post

Yeah they should have raised it more, I agree. They are meant to be bringing in a living wage, which they should be more aggressive with, it's set to be over €13 for 2023, even that has you screwed in Dublin. The hardest hit got the least. As for HAP, it's impossible to be accepted to a new place if you need HAP - landlords just pick someone else, and everywhere costs more than the limits now anyway so you get refused. I've seen people trying to get a place with HAP for years without success. Mostly the success is lying that you dont need it and getting it after you are locked into a place with part IV rights (6 months).
            Why wouldn't a place accept HAP?
            Is the full rent paid anyway?
            Or is it just the perception that the renter is struggling or something
            ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Ha, Tories blaming 'surrogate Remainers in the City' for the market turmoil.
              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                Ha, Tories blaming 'surrogate Remainers in the City' for the market turmoil.
                Hannan's latest attempt to regain the title of 'Stupidest Brexiteer evah'

Comment

Isn't Canada just basically unfit for human habitation? Like a bigger version of Cavan.

Comment

Sinn Fein must be very relieved that a guilty plea was elicited from Jonathan Dowdall who like so many of Mary Lou's close friends and colleagues is also complicit in murder.

I'm sure no influence was brought to bear nor were there any late night knocks on the door of vulnerable members of the extended family.

dowdall%20mary%20lou.jpg

Comment

If you hate toll booths this is the ticket.

https://bookings.parkmagic.net/pmui/...g/PaymentPlans

Stick that on your windscreen and you never have to worry about them again, express lane is yer man.

Comment

I clicked off after 5 minutes, though some might find Lex talking with Daniel Negranu interesting. Pretty good hair implants anyhoo.
                        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                          Nonsense, change doctors if that is happening.
                          Very well know doc in Na as Area doing this. I have personally heard this from a few people, and experienced it myself. Maybe its changed, shrug.

Road tolls are a good thing.
                          I don't share your opinion.

Calgary is a new town whose major expansion was in the 1960's when the big car was king. Traffic here is awful but I hope that Dublin will benefit from the current horribleness of driving when non car transport becomes the preferred option inside the M50. Try getting across Calgary in an electric bike in February
                          The fact Dublin is an older town might excuse the traffic, but it doesn't make it go away. I'm not really sure the point of this. Why would I need to use an electric bike in Feb in Calgary? I would just drive in my SUV, with winter tires on wide, safe untolled roads.

Is that a fact, compared to Canada, really? I'm getting 100Mb fibre and 5g right in the middle of the bog of Allen. Daughter getting better figures in the middle of of Wicklow mountains
                          No idea, if its a fact, all I know I can speak to is my experience of using the mobile internet here, and at home.

This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                          All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                          The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post

There's no point you've raised that's unreasonable tbh. The internet/mobile connectivity is the only one I disagree with, probably changed since you emigrated. There's going to be fibre switched on in a massive amount of rural places in the coming months and years due to the NBI scheme (regardless of how it was conceived/tendered).

On the other side of the coin, there are many here who would rather avoid the climate of Calgary. Of the lads I know who emigrated in the mid-late 2000s, the Canadian crew are mostly still over there. Whereas the majority of the Aussie crew are back home. Small sample size but maybe that tells its own story - Canadians are sounder.

Also the most important point on golf! It's way more accessible here, so cheap to get a green fee on a decent course.
                            I purposefully didn't mention the climate cos its not really something that can be controlled. I personally dislike how long our winter is but you can't be too mad when its sunny almost all the time.

Happy to concede the internet point, it's just one in a list of 100s of small things I would say I could come up with if I was at home long enough.
                            Heres one for you actually, apparently they are going to be charging people (5euro is what Ive been told) to pick up and drop off at the airport soon. What a loads of bollocks.

All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                            The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

The fact Dublin is an older town might excuse the traffic, but it doesn't make it go away. I'm not really sure the point of this. Why would I need to use an electric bike in Feb in Calgary? I would just drive in my SUV, with winter tires on wide, safe untolled roads.
                              ClimaTerrorist

Comment

I purposefully didn't mention the climate cos its not really something that can be controlled. I personally dislike how long our winter is but you can't be too mad when its sunny almost all the time.

Happy to concede the internet point, it's just one in a list of 100s of small things I would say I could come up with if I was at home long enough.
                                Heres one for you actually, apparently they are going to be charging people (5euro is what Ive been told) to pick up and drop off at the airport soon. What a loads of bollocks.

The airport thing is just hyperbole. It will be barrier operated and you get a ticket. You'll have 15mins to drop off or pick up and after that you'll be charged. Realistically, it shouldn't take more than 5 once you're through the barrier. They've that system in Kerry Airport for as long as I remember.

It created a media circus when it was announced for Dubiin but its a nothing story and will only cost those who hang around needlessly.

Comment

Sinn Fein must be very relieved that a guilty plea was elicited from Jonathan Dowdall who like so many of Mary Lou's close friends and colleagues is also complicit in murder.

I'm sure no influence was brought to bear nor were there any late night knocks on the door of vulnerable members of the extended family.

dowdall%20mary%20lou.jpg

Making themselves ready for the surge to power in the next two years after lovely Leo calls the next election
                                  Better to clean now to silent all the non lovers of their mighty party, present company included

Comment

Some people here and on Twitter etc remind me of q-anon lads with the Putin is finished, inner circle will turn on him, , he’s about to die of bone cancer etc

think some of these people genuinely believe Zelensky will be rocking up to get freedom of Dublin with Mary Robinson and Bono etc next year while all the eu leaders sing kumbaya

Russia are going to fuck our shit up this winter- pipeline stuff today is some escalation - nasty few years ahead

Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

Report back! I don't fully follow the whole thing, except for the general sense of madness unfolding. Surely Kwasi must be gone, at a minimum, but probably nobody knew who he was until last week, so that's only an individual tragedy rather than a big move. The Scaramucci of our own continent.
                                      My colleague explains it a bit on his Twitter feed here.

‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                        Could one of you nice Finance guys explain the UK pension debt and the potential collapse effects ? Also how do we fare in comparison? Is the UK debt really 10 trillion ? Is it monopoly money? How would EU membership have prevented this?

Collapse is the wrong word.

Basically an inability to post collateral in fast moving markets risked otherwise well hedged UK pension schemes becoming unhedged and therefore at risk of deficits emerging if gilt yields snapped back.

Irish schemes are generally less well hedged and use less leverage. Both of which means they would be less exposed to this happening. But most importantly european bond yields aren’t rising as quickly as UK gilt yields so the need to move as quickly is not there. In fact for most large “well-advised” Irish DB schemes this is all presenting a fantastic opportunity.

A good article in the Times linked below and some really good coverage in the FT if you have a subscription.
                                        City chiefs have expressed concern that an unprecedented rise in yields on long-dated government bonds is inflicting huge and sudden cash calls on traditional pension funds that could damage the gilts market. Investors dumped 30-year gilts yesterday, sending their price sharply lower and their yield
                                        ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post

The airport thing is just hyperbole. It will be barrier operated and you get a ticket. You'll have 15mins to drop off or pick up and after that you'll be charged. Realistically, it shouldn't take more than 5 once you're through the barrier. They've that system in Kerry Airport for as long as I remember.

It created a media circus when it was announced for Dubiin but its a nothing story and will only cost those who hang around needlessly.
                                          I was at the airport every few days on my recent trip. The pick-up/drop-off/Busstop area was a mess. Mainly because cars were arrive and just parking up for half an hour. If they are bringing in this system, it’s because people abuse the current one.

A ticket seems a bit outdated though. An automatic (reg plate, etoil) would be better and faster to keep it moving

Sydney has a similar system. Express surface carpark is free for 15 mins (can leave and do a loop). Slightly better as it filters out people who need to wait a bit and keeps the drop off moving without barriers/tickets.

Comment

This FT journo has a good explainer on LDI here.

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post

Huge turnover in Australia. Generally people (including myself) who came to Oz around that time were on temp visas.
                                              Most people I’ve known that left through were basically on an extended working holiday and were happy to go,
                                              or wanted to stay but had no easy path to a visa.

The ones that go for residency/citizenship are probably much more of a minority (still know plenty that have left). Where as I always think of people going to Canada, and to a lesser degree the US, as having far fewer temporary plans. Could just be the lads I know though

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                This FT journo has a good explainer on LDI here.
                                                This is more a question than a statement but my understanding is;

This is a short term liquidity issue which is amplified by being leveraged.

Rather than having various gilts with various yields which move at the market rate, you pay someone (LDI) to make it fixed for you.

Higher yields on gilts is not necessarily a bad thing so this is good for DB pensions long term.
                                                However, in order to maintain your fixed rate, you need to post collateral which is generally done by DB schemes by selling some of the gilts themselves or having a few weeks grace to sell more illiquid assets.

The issue now requiring the collateral is not caused by the direction that the yield is moving but more by the fact that it’s moving at all and doing so quickly?

Picturing V4V playing the role of Margot Robbie in a bubblebath here.

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
                                                  This is more a question than a statement but my understanding is;

This is a short term liquidity issue which is amplified by being leveraged.

Rather than having various gilts with various yields which move at the market rate, you pay someone (LDI) to make it fixed for you.

Higher yields on gilts is not necessarily a bad thing so this is good for DB pensions long term.
                                                  However, in order to maintain your fixed rate, you need to post collateral which is generally done by DB schemes by selling some of the gilts themselves or having a few weeks grace to sell more illiquid assets.

The issue now requiring the collateral is not caused by the direction that the yield is moving but more by the fact that it’s moving at all and doing so quickly?

Picturing V4V playing the role of Margot Robbie in a bubblebath here.
                                                  Mostly right. LDI doesn’t make the interest rate fixed for you it just provides full floating interest rate hedging of say 5bn of liabilities but you only need to commit 2bn in assets and therefore have 3bn to invest to deliver an excess return and reduce the cost of providing a pension promise.

Therefore if the discount rate rises and liabilities fall the LDI exposure falls by the same amount and if rates fall and liabilities rise the LDI exposure rises to offset the increase. As a result the funding position remains stable.

The quick sharp movements in rates is the issue not the movement itself as some pension schemes can’t post collateral quick enough due to already posting collateral earlier in the year, having a cumbersome asset transfer process, or not having much spare liquid assets. Then if they have to sell gilts in a rising market to allow them post cash to the LDI manager this creates a negative feedback loop.

Picturing me in a bath ala Margot Robbie is just sick!
                                                  Last edited by V for Vendetta; 29-09-22, 06:24.

Comment

Bought and paid for, just like Trump.

Comment

Been spending most my life living in a gangsters paradise .

Comment

Originally posted by MysteryGuest View Post
                                                        Some people here and on Twitter etc remind me of q-anon lads with the Putin is finished, inner circle will turn on him, , he’s about to die of bone cancer etc

think some of these people genuinely believe Zelensky will be rocking up to get freedom of Dublin with Mary Robinson and Bono etc next year while all the eu leaders sing kumbaya

Russia are going to fuck our shit up this winter- pipeline stuff today is some escalation - nasty few years ahead
                                                        It is going to be a good few years anyway. Probably at some point turn into a stalemate. But with frequent eruptions.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post

Huge turnover in Australia. Generally people (including myself) who came to Oz around that time were on temp visas.
                                                          Most people I’ve known that left through were basically on an extended working holiday and were happy to go,
                                                          or wanted to stay but had no easy path to a visa.

The ones that go for residency/citizenship are probably much more of a minority (still know plenty that have left). Where as I always think of people going to Canada, and to a lesser degree the US, as having far fewer temporary plans. Could just be the lads I know though
                                                          It's an interesting one for sure. A couple of the lads that came back had Irish partners and wanted the family to grow up at home. These guys were there for 7+ years and had residency btw. The other two lads had built decent careers, put down roots (Irish partners too) and love the lifestyle/weather. I haven't seen much of the Canadian lads but they married locals and are happy out.

FWIW the lads in Oz, had engineering degrees whereas Canadian guys had trades (electricians and carpenters). Maybe the career options play a decent part too.

Theresa & Mellor - On the airport shitshow, I've seen plenty of it this year with the missus' family visiting for her sister's wedding. Our plan was the same each time no matter T1/T2 - get there early, then straight into the adjacent short-term car park for an hour while we gave them a hand with bags/directions etc and said goodbyes. It cost less than a €5er and made things really easy. In other countries, you'll get fined if you take the piss with the set-down area. No problem with introducing something to change behaviour, although DAA probably doesn't want to throw more bodies at it if they can't recoup against wages.

Comment

It's always cost to pick up at the airport fwiw. People just used the drop off area, which would be fine but people overstay their welcome and ruin it for everyone, there's never gonna be enough room for drop off and pick ups outside the door of the airport.

​​​​​
                                                            airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

It is going to be a good few years anyway. Probably at some point turn into a stalemate. But with frequent eruptions.
                                                              Like I said before, history has a habit evolving very slowly, then speeding up. And dictatorships are far more fragile than we perceive them.

Wars follow the same pattern. Russian defences collapsing again in the East btw.

Comment

Lol - Luke o neill on pat Kenny there - just casually drops in the fact that he was at a conference for immunologists recently and consensus now is that Covid pandemic was caused by a lab leak in Wuhan
                                                                No doubt if you go back far enough you’ll find clips of him shitting on the idea and claiming it’s a conspiracy.

was always obvious that this is what happened- disgraceful stuff from most of the western media and institutions like the WHO with how it was dismissed. Yanks must have known too as they are involved in that lab.

so many China appeasers about- they need to start dishing out the reparations
                                                                Last edited by MysteryGuest; 29-09-22, 10:10.
                                                                Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

Remember of course that a huge amount of the opposition to the lab leak theory was just so people could be seen to take the opposite line to trump- childish partisan tantrum stuff basically

interisting article in BMJ here about how some of the main scientific journals helped to shut down any discussion of the leak theory
                                                                  The theory that SARS-CoV-2 may have originated in a lab was considered a debunked conspiracy theory, but some experts are revisiting it amid calls for a new, more thorough investigation. Paul Thacker explains the dramatic U turn and the role of contemporary science journalism For most of 2020, the notion that SARS-CoV-2 may have originated in a lab in Wuhan, China, was treated as a thoroughly debunked conspiracy theory. Only conservative news media sympathetic to President Donald Trump and a few lonely reports dared suggest otherwise. But that all changed in the early months of 2021, and today most outlets across the political spectrum agree: the “lab leak” scenario deserves serious investigation. Understanding this dramatic U turn on arguably the most important question for preventing a future pandemic, and why it took nearly a year to happen, involves understanding contemporary science journalism. Scientists and reporters contacted by The BMJ say that objective consideration of covid-19’s origins went awry early in the pandemic, as researchers who were funded to study viruses with pandemic potential launched a campaign labelling the lab leak hypothesis as a “conspiracy theory.” A leader in this campaign has been Peter Daszak, president of EcoHealth Alliance, a non-profit organisation given millions of dollars in grants by the US federal government to research viruses for pandemic preparedness.1 Over the years EcoHealth Alliance has subcontracted out its federally supported research to various scientists and groups, including around $600 000 (£434 000; €504 000) to the Wuhan Institute of Virology.1 Shortly after the pandemic began, Daszak effectively silenced debate over the possibility of a lab leak with a February 2020 statement in the Lancet .2 “We stand together to strongly condemn conspiracy theories suggesting that covid-19 does not have a natural origin,” said the letter, which listed Daszak as one of …

wonder what other “debunked” or “fact checked” theories this treatment has benn used on by the access junkie hacks that make up the ranks at most prestigious western media outlets

and people wonder why likes of the anti-vaxxers have lost trust in the media
                                                                  Last edited by MysteryGuest; 29-09-22, 10:22.

Comment

4th leak in nord stream now- Germans reckon pipelines will be damaged beyond repair .

Comment

Its maybe not quite minor - the annexation of territories just announced. It now means it is officially 'war' if Ukraine attacks their own territory that is now Russian. I do fully realise the flawed logic here, but we are completely swimming in a sea of flawed Russian logic. But an attack on Russian territory surely opens all manners of 'acceptable' responses that weren't 'acceptable' when it was 'a special operation'. Also if NATO weapons are supplied for attacks on this Russian territory.

Comment

Originally posted by MysteryGuest View Post
                                                                        Lol - Luke o neill on pat Kenny there - just casually drops in the fact that he was at a conference for immunologists recently and consensus now is that Covid pandemic was caused by a lab leak in Wuhan
                                                                        No doubt if you go back far enough you’ll find clips of him shitting on the idea and claiming it’s a conspiracy.

was always obvious that this is what happened- disgraceful stuff from most of the western media and institutions like the WHO with how it was dismissed. Yanks must have known too as they are involved in that lab.

so many China appeasers about- they need to start dishing out the reparations
                                                                        I find that very hard to believe. All the recent studies have debunked that claim with actual immunological identifiers. Idle chit-chat at a conference is not the same knowledge barrier.

Comment

hmm, seems thats exactly the situation.

Kremlin spokesperson Dmitry Peskov previously indicated that if the regions announced majorities in favor of joining Russia, the ratification process would be fast and they could become part of the Russian Federation “quite soon.”

Asked if that would mean any attempt by Ukraine to regain the territories would be regarded as an attack on Russian territory, Peskov said: “Of course.”

Russia is now expected to claim that efforts by Ukrainian forces to recapture these areas are an attack on the motherland.

President Putin has warned he would be prepared to use nuclear weapons if Russia's territory is threatened.

Mr Peskov said the legal situation would "radically change" after the voting, "with all the corresponding consequences for protection of those areas and ensuring their security".
                                                                          Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 29-09-22, 11:13.

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post

Why wouldn't a place accept HAP?
                                                                            Is the full rent paid anyway?
                                                                            Or is it just the perception that the renter is struggling or something
                                                                            If the tenant stops paying the council the landlord stops getting their money, if they lose entitlement at all same thing, but also one that LL's hate is that there are inspections and forced upgrades to properties that they have to pay for. The standards are higher for a HAP tenant than renting to a random person (mostly because they only inspect HAP properties) - great I have to change boiler because the government told me to etc there goes 10k on random stuff, plus of course the perceived nature that you mentioned. There are tons of people always looking so why not take the one with no financial difficulties etc. Other things like money is given in arrears not advance. They avoid HAP tenants as much as possible, 70k people on it when hundreds of thousands are entitled to it.
                                                                            Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 29-09-22, 11:36.

Comment

Rugby Union is done
                                                                              Three rugby players, including two former internationals, have issued legal proceedings against the Irish Rugby Football Union (IRFU) in what are believed to be the first of a raft of cases related to concussion.

it’s got to the stage where people pushing their kids /teens into rugby should be reported to Tulsa tbh
                                                                              they don’t have the money the NFL do to ride this- never heard of they guys in suit above- wait until one of the big faces from last 20 years Irish rugby winner picker bandwagon era comes out

Comment

Just bought a Miyoo Mini v2 for my niece, and defo not for me to play (emulate) everything game from Atari up to N64 on it.

Link
                                                                                Last edited by Micknail; 29-09-22, 13:08.
                                                                                ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

My latest track is out today, Tevfik Fikret. I spent a month in Istanbul recently and really loved it, the people are great, and there is so much history embedded in the place, some of it all too recent. I tried to capture a little bit of the city in the song. It's a little crazier than most of my songs! We got some synths, some wild and crazy sax and a somewhat restrained tuba. I hope you enjoy it!

Comment

I was thinking of Rahul there other day when I pulled the big coat out of the back of the wardrobe for the first time this year.

Comment

I tried to find The C Kids post on the old poker forum about Coolio doing his tour of colleges back in the day but looks like it was lost to history.

Comment

.

Comment

-

Comment

Simon Coveney on the news puffing his chest out about the 8th round of sanctions (this one will surely bring Putin to his knees) . What a complete fuckwit.
                                                                                            weirdly muted reaction to the Nordstrom’s sabotage - not sure why- it guarantees tremendous carnage in Europe not just this winter but many more to come. Worst thing about it is we all know the kind of horrendous shite that will spring forth in Europe as a result - all because the current bunch of fuckwits decided to ignore the laws of physics.

there’s nothing out there that’s going to spare us- this was coming anyway but sanctions guaranteed the way it happened is going to be particularly brutal
                                                                                            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                                                                                            This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                                                              My latest track is out today, Tevfik Fikret. I spent a month in Istanbul recently and really loved it, the people are great, and there is so much history embedded in the place, some of it all too recent. I tried to capture a little bit of the city in the song. It's a little crazier than most of my songs! We got some synths, some wild and crazy sax and a somewhat restrained tuba. I hope you enjoy it!

https://open.spotify.com/track/77AXF...87bb11185e4362
                                                                                              V nice again, fair play!

AI cover art? what was the prompt if so
                                                                                              airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                I was thinking of Rahul there other day when I pulled the big coat out of the back of the wardrobe for the first time this year.
                                                                                                I usually try and stall until the clocks go back.

Comment

(needs audio)

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Anyone who cares to watch NotAScratch and I golf at Banff Springs golf course, here is the video, https://youtu.be/7xOAwtiG3s4

No app promotion in there yet, that'll be next

Comment

This is quite pleasant if in the mood for schadenfreude. Putin's top propagandist realising it's all going wrong.

Comment

Anyone who cares to watch NotAScratch and I golf at Banff Springs golf course, here is the video, https://youtu.be/7xOAwtiG3s4

OMG. Awesome course. Enjoyed that. Tidy card despite the tricky greens.
                                                                                                        Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post

OMG. Awesome course. Enjoyed that. Tidy card despite the tricky greens.
                                                                                                          Yeah course was very nice. It's one of my faves, people bitch about the layout but they are all donkeys.

Card was ok yeah, sloppy start, greens were weird, al dente as I describe them, bitey. Got a hang of them eventually.

Funniest thing about the whole day was the starter at the course was from Naas, 6 years younger than me.

Comment

dupe

Comment

G'wan the Theresa!

That's a stunning setting for golf. Those greens look like a puzzle. Sometimes slick and sometimes slow. Tbh I'd be so distracted by the scenery I'd almost forget about the golf.

Adam has one of my favourite channels YouTube. He's got a great approach to the game that most amateurs could learn a lot from him.
                                                                                                              ​​​​​​
                                                                                                              I was playing in the long hc matchplay final last night when the new video notification popped up for Adam's channel. I text Theresa about his newfound YouTube fame. Crediting that distraction for losing the next two holes to be 1 down. Managed to squeeze out the W by winning 17 & 18 to shoot a pb also.

Comment

Today's parody in Red Square is going to look more like a bad joke when the serfs realise that, even as the Mad Fuhrer speaks, thousands of their soldiers are completely encircled with no hope of escape, bar surrender, in Lyman.
                                                                                                                Not a good look.

Comment

If he’s got a planned public appearance in a known location they should send a few drones in and blow the fucker up.

I’m only half joking

Comment

Originally posted by Degag View Post
                                                                                                                    If he’s got a planned public appearance in a known location they should send a few drones in and blow the fucker up.

I’m only half joking
                                                                                                                    Why? The longer he stays around, the more complete is Russia's strategic defeat.

Putin might actually be a CIA deep cover agent. He's certainly behaving like one.

Comment

Have stayed in that hotel at the start of the golf video. Not worth the money

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                                                        Have stayed in that hotel at the start of the golf video. Not worth the money
                                                                                                                        Just had a gawk for peak season, 1.3k a night .

Any chance of a very mini trip report or feedback?

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X