This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
    Does Charles abdicate to allow William take it or will he take it on himself?

I’d imagine those in the circle would rather William but maybe Charles wants it.
    not a chance

anyway not the best omen

charles 1 executed
    charles 2 deposed
    charles 3?

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post

not a chance

anyway not the best omen

charles 1 executed
      charles 2 deposed
      charles 3?
      Froze to death.

Actually King Charles the third sounds like a bronze medal winner at Crufts.
      Last edited by hotspur; 08-09-22, 18:55.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post

not a chance

anyway not the best omen

charles 1 executed
        charles 2 deposed
        charles 3?
        I thought I'd read some time ago that he was planning not to reign under the name Charles
        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

I thought I'd read some time ago that he was planning not to reign under the name Charles
          He'll rule under Camilla

Comment

Charles the Thurd will shite himself

Comment

?
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                ?
                Yeah getting the same on mine. (Can only get in through open tabs)
                His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

?
                  Probably correct tbf
                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                    It feels like we could all do with some good news.

So here you go. How (and why) the UAF are routing the Russians.
                    It keeps getting better. That sector of the eastern front (south of Kharkiv) seems to have collapsed. Ukrainian army recapturing vast swathes of territory with little Russian resistance.

Here's hoping they keep going...

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post

I’ve seen those articles. That claims that they are making about the same from Gas as they were making last summer, despite the volume drop.
                      There’s also a graph that suggests they were making 300-400m a day last winter from Gas. Maybe some of that was pre-war and some was start of way. The Y-Axis labelling is awful.

It that park ran into the early war period. It’s like that it is inflating the “100-days of War” sound bite. Looking at the graph, it’s clearly taken a nose dive in recent months. (I’m aware it’s Gas only)
                      Article from NY Times was about oil? By far their highest earner. They funnel gas loads of places too, but its oil that makes the bucks and thats what is delivering the income growth. Its a strange thing to be arguing about - oil is measured by the barrel and by the dollar across the world, its not some shady underground activity!!
                      "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

I just saw this bloke in Kingswood running down the road with a cape on...
                        I shouted: "Are you a Superhero...?"
                        He said: "No, I haven't paid for my haircut...!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                          I just saw this bloke in Kingswood running down the road with a cape on...
                          I shouted: "Are you a Superhero...?"
                          He said: "No, I haven't paid for my haircut...!!!"
                          He had one flip flop on I said 'Did you lose a flip flop?'
                          He says 'No I found one'
                          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Hitchhiker's Guide To... when are we having a night out with the Russian to welcome him to the country? Pub tour with Dice would be an experience

Comment

Fook it. Going to stay up for the NFL. Some match up. Can do all the Liz RIP chit chat on autopilot tomorrow.
                              Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

In this day and age I think that would absolutely baffle the plebs.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

Article from NY Times was about oil? By far their highest earner. They funnel gas loads of places too, but its oil that makes the bucks and thats what is delivering the income growth. Its a strange thing to be arguing about - oil is measured by the barrel and by the dollar across the world, its not some shady underground activity!!
                                  ​​​​​​The article was about all energy fuel. As was your claim. Quite the goalpost shift to try and reframe it as oil only.
                                  And oil may be worth more than the rest to be the only driver of revenue. The point is it still requires an acceptance of internal revenue that is unverified. I don’t think it outrageous to question data from the point they started concealing it. Plus the articles all refer to the first 100 days of war. We are now about to cross the 200 day mark. where’s the data for that period?

It may still be up. But If prefer data and graphs over vague headlines intending to be emotive.

Comment

So long to the German grandmother,
                                    she had a decent innings and diligently served what she saw as her duty.

On the upside,
                                    Billy Connolly is still with us.

Comment

It keeps getting better. That sector of the eastern front (south of Kharkiv) seems to have collapsed. Ukrainian army recapturing vast swathes of territory with little Russian resistance.

Here's hoping they keep going...
                                      They seem not to be stopping. All that NATO gear and training paying off.

The RuSSians don't seem to know what hit them, literally.

Comment

looks like all the UK bank notes will have Charlie on them now. Nothing new there!!!

Comment

I hope Garth Brooks does mention the Queen. Could be embarrassing all round .

Comment

Gareth Brooks concerts should be cancelled out of respect.

Comment

This is all starting to look a bit collapse-y. They even managed to capture a senior RuSSian general.

Would be tremendous if this military collapse was followed by a political one, ideally with Mad Vlad drinking some dodgy tea and then being assisted towards a high Kremlin window...

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post

​​​​​​The article was about all energy fuel. As was your claim. Quite the goalpost shift to try and reframe it as oil only.
                                                And oil may be worth more than the rest to be the only driver of revenue. The point is it still requires an acceptance of internal revenue that is unverified. I don’t think it outrageous to question data from the point they started concealing it. Plus the articles all refer to the first 100 days of war. We are now about to cross the 200 day mark. where’s the data for that period?

It may still be up. But If prefer data and graphs over vague headlines intending to be emotive.
                                                If I give an NY Times article and a Reuters article, and you respond with gut instinct, forgive me for not overcommitting to the debate

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                    Gareth Brooks concerts should be cancelled out of respect to music lovers
                                                    FYP

Comment

If I give an NY Times article and a Reuters article, and you respond with gut instinct, forgive me for not overcommitting to the debate
                                                      Aren't you the guy who said this?

I don't consider news in general as a reliable means of understanding the world. News is bits of current information that fit into a broader understanding of the world. That broader understanding influenced by history, by local understanding, by determining competing motivations and ideologies, and projecting future trends. News is a pretty superfluous, but useful, perspective, that needs aggregation and perspective to understand its meaning. Is my considered opinion. Good journalism is meant to be informed by these broader perspectives, but I don't think that's the way of modern journalism.
                                                      and..

Don't really find news all that interesting tbh, except maybe local Irish stuff.
                                                      It'ss almost like you just throw word salads out into the ether without having any logical, ethical or philosophical framework behind them. Almost.

Comment

It really is remarkable how fast the Ukrainian forces are advancing - must have been what Blitzkrieg looked like in WW2, just punching through enemy lines and then roaming at will in the rear areas.

Comment

They seem not to be stopping. All that NATO gear and training paying off.

The RuSSians don't seem to know what hit them, literally.

When I see things like this on Twitter, I regret not having a Twitter account.

I read the well titled The Hypnotist in the Kremlin earlier. Great reference to a Thomas Mann book which he wrote in Kalingrad in the late 20s.

Hard to know how truly reflective survey data is despite the sources being good but I know the ways they can decipher sentiment from indirect questions is quite good.

Assuming it’s relatively accurate, the reports from Kalingrad offer a pretty good insight into how strong the Russian propaganda machine is.

Comment

When I see things like this on Twitter, I regret not having a Twitter account.
                                                            I don't really use it myself either but it is very interesting to follow a handful of decent contributors on the war.

This guy in particular has a sideline in translating conversations\posts\blogs from the Russian side. The one below is a very nationalistic, self-admitted war criminal but also realistic Russian commentator. Basically says they are fucked in this area.

Comment

Hard to know how truly reflective survey data is despite the sources being good but I know the ways they can decipher sentiment from indirect questions is quite good.
                                                              Twitter is best played with a mute account, as long as you don't ever get suckered into posting as anon.

Comment

Aren't you the guy who said this?
                                                                I don't get it? Its number of barrels exported multiplied by the price of a barrel. Exports are tracked for every country in the world. Its not news commentary. What do you think is wrong with it

Comment

Much to my suprise, i'm getting the odd belly laugh fron the L2 anecdotes today. I suspect she had a dry wit.

Comment

96 pigeons needlessly murdered

Comment

I don't get it? Its number of barrels exported multiplied by the price of a barrel. Exports are tracked for every country in the world. Its not news commentary. What do you think is wrong with it
                                                                      It's more the hilarity of you decrying traditional news as being 'not a reliable means of understanding the world' and then quoting it in alleged support of your arguments. Cakeism.

Comment

It's more the hilarity of you decrying traditional news as being 'not a reliable means of understanding the world' and then quoting it in alleged support of your arguments. Cakeism.
                                                                        hmm. That was a comment - agreeing with Nicholas Taleb in his Black Swan book - saying that focusing excessively on daily news means you miss the bigger picture. This is current data to explain current situation. You're some man for posting twitter proofs of events on the same page as you are decrying official statistics on energy exports.

Comment

Comment

You're some man for posting twitter proofs of events
                                                                            Well, seeing as you're now a fan of the media again, you can use CNN to verify the same.

Comment

Well, seeing as you're now a fan of the media again, you can use CNN to verify the same.
                                                                              Think you're batting 100 for 100 of starting stupid comments, in this case about energy export data not being real, and then twisting at the end into something completely irrelevant to your starting point. As long as it keeps you happy. Not sure what a CNN link of hundreds of live stories is meant to show, but I'll ignore that as you started by doubting the physical movement of oil and gas.

Comment

Think you're batting 100 for 100 of starting stupid comments, in this case about energy export data not being real, and then twisting at the end into something completely irrelevant to your starting point. As long as it keeps you happy. Not sure what a CNN link of hundreds of live stories is meant to show, but I'll ignore that as you started by doubting the physical movement of oil and gas.
                                                                                Where, exactly, did I say either of those things?
                                                                                (you may have confused me with someone else I suspect, or you've just gone to default mode when called out on inconsistency)

Comment

Pray for DeadPigeon.....
                                                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Jesus Christ the absolute state of the twitter timeline. Is there a weirder species than the garden variety tan?

Comment

Jesus fucking christ

Still can't remember how to embed tweets

Comment

Aboydakid

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                          Pray for DeadPigeon.....
                                                                                          Give us a secondhand TR tomorrow pls.

Comment

Give us a secondhand TR tomorrow pls.
                                                                                            Surely there will be tales of everything was perfect and no stress at all etc
                                                                                            ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

IPB Advice section please....

God father to best mates daughter in a few weeks, whats the present line?

no idea here and wife is next to useless

Comment

Cuddly teddy bear
                                                                                                No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

yeah, cuddly toy.

the godfather to my eldest invested for him 10 quid every month since he was born, never gave him a present, and next year when he turns 18, he'll give him the whole lot which is worth about 7k now, telling him to spend it how the fuck he wants! i think it's a much better gift than 18 mediocre presents over the years

Comment

We’ve given a few of the Jellycat cuddly toys which tend to go down quite well. Book Centre & Mulligans pharmacy have them.

Also, a good quality handmade blanket is always a great gift imo. I suggest outsourcing the handmade part

Comment

Books and or prize bonds, and you have to remember all the birthdays until they are at least 21.
                                                                                                      The godparent role is one of the best bits of of spilt religion we hang on to. 'Later on you get to teach her how to be a proper degen

Comment

The levels within levels of schadenfreude at watching Johnson dying inside at delivering his well crafted speech from the back benches with the camera cutting to Truss whose barely concealed smug satisfaction at being at the centre of things turns into an inner screeching into the void as she realises he's making her look as inarticulate and charmless as she is.

Johnson was so smooth you'd almost forget he's where is now in part because of his lying to her.

Comment

So, given the speed of the ongoing Russian military collapse, you would have to wonder what's next? Can Putin cling to power after such humiliation? Are there any Russians brave enough to publicly face him down? Will the Russian military refuse to fight?

Definitely one of those weeks where decades worth of history happen.

Comment

Decent enough speech by Charles. Although, had to fastforward the middle bit a bit as he got into mundanity. I guess he is a decent guy at heart based on his campaigns. Not sure William is the same ilk. Seems a bit of a prick.

Comment

So, given the speed of the ongoing Russian military collapse, you would have to wonder what's next? Can Putin cling to power after such humiliation? Are there any Russians brave enough to publicly face him down? Will the Russian military refuse to fight?

Definitely one of those weeks where decades worth of history happen.
                                                                                                              Ah heeor, they have Steven Seagal on their side. What could possibly go wrong

Last edited by ComradeCollie; 09-09-22, 21:04.
                                                                                                              Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

Ah heeor, they have Steven Seagal on their side. What could possibly go wrong

Seagal AND Trump. Not to mention Mick Wallace and Clare Daly.

Comment

The Axis of Eejits.

Comment

Really hope there was a 'where are the bodies Garth? banner in Dublin tonight https://www.whiskeyriff.com/2022/06/01/why-are-people-constantly-asking-garth-brooks-where-hes-hiding-the-bodies/

Comment

The story of the 1983 America's cup Untold: The Race of the Century on Netflix is worth a watch. Marvellous sporting drama.
                                                                                                                      Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

This is ... wow!

Comment

The Axis of Eejits.
                                                                                                                          Ah, I mostly remember Daly from back in the early 90's. Was a member of the same Trotskyist group which was quite an intense experience. She was on the northside, and it was a very locally organised (and surprisingly big) organisation. Basically Joe Higgins was the only person from the time that retains any of my respect from that time. Like Ruth Coppinger (even though she was on the central committee along with Clare) was obviously retarded even at the time, she was good at organising stuff(socialist summer camp anyone?), and that kind of competency goes a long way.
                                                                                                                          Last edited by ComradeCollie; 09-09-22, 21:57.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X