X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dobby View Post

Is it Killarney?

Mate of mine won a few packages and they just gave him the 500 for hotel in cash cos they're short on rooms and said he could sell any unused tickets to another player.

Also, wp.
    Yeah it is. Its to the 400e mystery bounty side event though. Said i'd play the sat on a whim tonight. Would love if they agreed to swap it for main event ticket (with me paying the diff obv) but doubt the powers that be would allow it.

No PP people on here i guess?

ty

Comment

Originally posted by Degag View Post

Yeah it is. Its to the 400e mystery bounty side event though. Said i'd play the sat on a whim tonight. Would love if they agreed to swap it for main event ticket (with me paying the diff obv) but doubt the powers that be would allow it.

ty
      Didnt know they had Sats to that, must have a look so.

Comment

ty
        Deadly. Looking forward to the weekend myself. Grand excuse to get home, poker and pint.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

Didnt know they had Sats to that, must have a look so.
          Yeah, think they are fairly new but seem to be on nightly now. Only 2 registered at start time tonight with drew me to it.

Comment

Ukraine war just the trigger for this particular crisis- what’s coming has been Inevitable for a long time.
            Last chance to turn it around was the 60s
            remember we are nowhere near actually being able to just give up gas and won’t be for decades- if there was an easy alternative to Russian gas then countries would using it.
            remember also that likes of Saudi Arabia are lying about the amount of oil reserves they have .

But you know don’t turn on the Christmas tree lights this year it’ll be grand
            Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

We are at war with RuSSia. This is the cost.
              Then why are we passing sanctions that massively drop our own economic viability and increase Russian revenue?

The cost is meant to be on the bad guys.

We have massively fucked up here.

There's no obvious solution either. Like, we can't go back to Russian oil and gas now at this stage, even if we wanted to. So we're stuck with vastly more expensive LNG until we sort out renewables. It's a medium term handicap for the entire EU.

We need to recognise that the next time the EU decides to act quickly, that we should have scope to slow them down from fucking us over this badly.

Exhibit A: The US, which hasn't even slightly been affected in the same way, as they're not stupid enough to pass sanctions that would harm themselves.

I think you're reasonably well paid, so are isolated from this. I think maybe because of the student thing I'm a bit better connected to reality and the fact that we are facing something quite horrible.

There's a whole raft of people out there who will have to choose between heating and food in Jan/Feb. The EU should be making decisions in the EU's interests. We need to be smarter.
              Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 07-09-22, 22:49.
              "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Yep IpB definetly trends towards the comfortable and cosseted lifestyle wise - myself included
                lot of businesses in serious shit - will be food for thought for MNCs thinking of pumping more dollars in too
                Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                  I think maybe because of the student thing I'm a bit better connected to reality.
                  I got this far and had to stop.
                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Fair point

Comment

Hitch I'd be careful with your messaging on Twitter ~ "Solar 'is' the solution". In the winter you may be getting <10% of what you're getting even now via solar panels.

In a situation where there is grid fragility, it's going to happen in December, not June.

These are not the renewables you're looking for.

Comment

I'm in an office with a whole lot of people who are not exactly making a fortune (as many at the start of their careers) and I just am not hearing any of the complaints about a winter apocalypse with people in Ireland freezing to death in ice boxes or starving to death with the cost of food rising out of their reach. People seem to reasonably feel that this is going to be a bit painful, a few hours a day with no power, but it's just something to get through. Just finding it so hard to match some of the screaming hysterics on Twitter/boards/Reddit ('we need to force Ukraine to make peace now, we NEED that gas or we all DIE!') with real life people. Maybe no-one is revealing their inner terror to me?

Comment

Maybe i don’t really get it but is the UKs plan of capping bills to 2.5k per year a bit odd?

Like if you are close to that threshold anyway it just encourages you to leave everything on 24/7 and you won’t be penalised?

Surely it should be the unit rate / standing charge that’s capped?

Comment

Reading about Germany’s plans to finance their latest energy package and what they plan on doling out: https://geoeconomics.substack.com/p/...utm_medium=ios

Their measures seem good and one would hope Ireland’s are equally as targeted, it did strike me that in order to get it done, they need to accelerate the increase in corporation tax across the EU to help them finance it.

I’d guess if that was done, it would be good for our coffers in the short term but not sure what it might mean further down the road.

Comment

Maybe i don’t really get it but is the UKs plan of capping bills to 2.5k per year a bit odd?

Like if you are close to that threshold anyway it just encourages you to leave everything on 24/7 and you won’t be penalised?

Surely it should be the unit rate / standing charge that’s capped?
                              Ya, it makes it more likely we'll have supply problems too if the uk can use gas with impunity as we're dependent on them to a huge degree.

Comment

We kind of need a fairly blustery and mild winter really to avoid problems.

Comment

Then why are we passing sanctions that massively drop our own economic viability and increase Russian revenue?.
                                  Have they actually increased Russian revenue? By what metric?

I get get there is a inverse demand > price relationship. And the price increase verses this time last year, is offset by supply drop.

But VladIGas or whatever they are callled announcing record profits, while haulting financial reporting is a bit .They are state owned, simple not reliable.

We’d really need to sample a much longer period to form any sort of impact assessment.

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                    I'm in an office with a whole lot of people who are not exactly making a fortune (as many at the start of their careers) and I just am not hearing any of the complaints about a winter apocalypse with people in Ireland freezing to death in ice boxes or starving to death with the cost of food rising out of their reach. People seem to reasonably feel that this is going to be a bit painful, a few hours a day with no power, but it's just something to get through. Just finding it so hard to match some of the screaming hysterics on Twitter/boards/Reddit ('we need to force Ukraine to make peace now, we NEED that gas or we all DIE!') with real life people. Maybe no-one is revealing their inner terror to me?
                                    Not many are on about people freezing to fear in Ireland- unless we get very unlucky weather wise- it will in continental Europe though
                                    a few hours a day without power is failed state level stuff- don’t think when it happens people will be shrugging their shoulders and saying Slavs Ukraine.
                                    this stuff was building long before Ukraine war - it’s been getting flagged for past few winters even when there was no talk of Russian gas being cut off.
                                    general middle class to upper middle class population seem to be labouring under the delusion that we will be able to consume our way out of the crisis and that renewables are the answer to everything

Comment

From my interactions, I don't think people even have gotten that.
                                      /r/ireland is a bit of a basketcase of "super super serious guys" students, shinnerbots and various right wing shills mixing in with regular folk
                                      It's very hard to judge the mood of the average person by that.
                                      I'm assuming boards is similar
                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

People seem to reasonably feel that this is going to be a bit painful, a few hours a day with no power, but it's just something to get through.
                                        A few hours a day with no power would be extremely serious for some households. I think the reason why most people aren't kicking up is because they think it won't happen.

Think about it...... "a few hours a day with no power". Older people living alone, people who heat their homes using electricity, trying to cook for a large family, sick people depending on support devices, communication going down while WFH or in the middle of home entertainment, new born infants at home, etc, etc.
                                        Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Speaking of mad stuff, how would you like to be the White House staffer who has to ring up one of France, Israel, the UK or India to explain that Trump stole the top secret detail of your country's nuclear defences and left them lying around his country club. And that you have no idea if they've been compromised.

RuSSia has gone, in the space of a week or so, to declaring outright energy war on the West (that includes all of us). The taps are turned off.
                                          It is clear now that Putin's long term plan was to trend in this direction so it's worth looking at some of the pre-requisites that were mandatory to have in place to allow him act like this.

One of the most critical dominos he absolutely had to have was that the détente between the US and Iran that was proceeding apace up to 2016 be stopped.

Interesting then that amidst all the rhetoric and bluster about how Trump was delivering on his election promises that the first thing he did on getting into office was to reverse the hard won progress with Iran and actually cut them off from the west in a way that had never happened in the previous decades. It was actually one of very few election promises he delivered on.
                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Would anyone be interested in a bet that the queen will be dead by September?
                                            Originally posted by Ed View Post

Define 'by September' - still alive on the 1st of Sept = you lose?

Comment

Sounds like having to deal with Truss was more than the Queen was able for!

National meltdown coming in 3...2..1...

Comment

I thought the cover this week was quite good

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                  A few hours a day with no power would be extremely serious for some households. I think the reason why most people aren't kicking up is because they think it won't happen.

Think about it...... "a few hours a day with no power". Older people living alone, people who heat their homes using electricity, trying to cook for a large family, sick people depending on support devices, communication going down while WFH or in the middle of home entertainment, new born infants at home, etc, etc.
                                                  I have no idea what the extent might be. And I’m not trying to diminish the impact. But I think you are falling into the exact kind of hysteria that is referred to above. And it’s completely understandable, I don’t mean that in a snide or judgemental way.

People are confusing supply shortages with systems failures. A system failure is the normal blackout that we’ve all experienced. Say weather related, or what ever. Totally unplanned, but even then not even a major hassle. Usually at night, when I was a kid it meant digging out candles and the torches. If it lasted a while we went to bed and it was sorted by the morning. These days I doubt kids look up from their phones.

A supply shortage is different in that it’s not a spontaneous unannounced act. The power isn’t going to suddenly go out at 6pm, ruining dinners all over. The power plants have both clear real-time information on the input, and control of output. If supply is an issue, they aren’t going to just floor it until it runs dry.
                                                  They’ll conserve fuel by actively cutting power at night. 2-6am with no juice will save a lot of wasted energy imo How much energy does all street, road, commercial lights use every night? I’d say it’s not insignificant.

If that’s not enough. There will be rolling blackouts. Parts of the country, perhaps the whole country for fairness, with scheduled power outages. These should be known in advance. There will be warming that on Wednesday, power is off from 8pm. California has been dealing with that for 20years. Texas too. As far as I can see they’ve no issue feeding themselves.

It’s an inconvenience for certain, but it’s not the end of the world. People in many parts of the world live their lives without steady power. People live on the streets in every city. Going to bed in the dark without a cup of tea seems minor to me next to sleeping in an alleyway in a damp sleepingbag.

People who have to choose between putting the heat, paying a bill or eating. That’s a much bigger problem.

Comment

After nearly 4 hour of Eddie Bravo, i dont even trust myself anymore.
                                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

It feels like we could all do with some good news.

So here you go. How (and why) the UAF are routing the Russians.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post

Have they actually increased Russian revenue? By what metric?

I get get there is a inverse demand > price relationship. And the price increase verses this time last year, is offset by supply drop.

But VladIGas or whatever they are callled announcing record profits, while haulting financial reporting is a bit .They are state owned, simple not reliable.

We’d really need to sample a much longer period to form any sort of impact assessment.
                                                        Nah, its not some accounting measure. Its the volume multiplied by the price of the energy sold overseas. Its definitely the case. Here's the US energy secretary talking about it to Reuters.

Comment

Here from NY Times. The issue is that India and China stepped up imports massively.

Russia’s invasion of Ukraine triggered global condemnation and tough sanctions aimed at denting Moscow’s war chest. Yet Russia’s revenues from fossil fuels, by far its biggest export, soared to records in the first 100 days of its war on Ukraine, driven by a windfall from oil sales amid surging prices, a new analysis shows.

Russia earned what is very likely a record 93 billion euros in revenue from exports of oil, gas and coal in the first 100 days of the country’s invasion of Ukraine, according to data analyzed by the Center for Research on Energy and Clean Air, a research organization based in Helsinki, Finland. About two-thirds of those earnings, the equivalent of about $97 billion, came from oil, and most of the remainder from natural gas.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                            Hitch I'd be careful with your messaging on Twitter ~ "Solar 'is' the solution". In the winter you may be getting <10% of what you're getting even now via solar panels.

In a situation where there is grid fragility, it's going to happen in December, not June.

These are not the renewables you're looking for.
                                                            On a broad grid basis, that's when wind energy will tend to pick up, so I suppose it balances out. Not sure how the grid manages that balancing out, so that's an open issue.

But I suppose from a household perspective, you can't install a windmill, so you're stuck with solar as your option to do something rather than nothing. And the payback period is there when measured across number of years. State is paying 2% interest for 40-year loans, even now. They could, even with fucked up public tendering, make 10-15% annually on solar installations on public buildings. Its a no brainer in that context.

Although maybe the bigger thing, is that subtle messages tend not to work all that well on twitter. A nice big 'get solar' message tends to work at encouraging positive action better than a more refined message

Comment

It feels like we could all do with some good news.

So here you go. How (and why) the UAF are routing the Russians.
                                                              Although the bad news (for borrowers) is that the ECB just went for a 75bps increase. Would imagine the base rate is 》2% by EOY.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

BBC presenters wearing black ties and regular programming suspended...

Not a good advertisement for the after-effects of meeting Liz Truss.

Comment

I have no idea what the extent might be. And I’m not trying to diminish the impact. But I think you are falling into the exact kind of hysteria that is referred to above. And it’s completely understandable, I don’t mean that in a snide or judgemental way.

People are confusing supply shortages with systems failures. A system failure is the normal blackout that we’ve all experienced. Say weather related, or what ever. Totally unplanned, but even then not even a major hassle. Usually at night, when I was a kid it meant digging out candles and the torches. If it lasted a while we went to bed and it was sorted by the morning. These days I doubt kids look up from their phones.

A supply shortage is different in that it’s not a spontaneous unannounced act. The power isn’t going to suddenly go out at 6pm, ruining dinners all over. The power plants have both clear real-time information on the input, and control of output. If supply is an issue, they aren’t going to just floor it until it runs dry.
                                                                  They’ll conserve fuel by actively cutting power at night. 2-6am with no juice will save a lot of wasted energy imo How much energy does all street, road, commercial lights use every night? I’d say it’s not insignificant.

If that’s not enough. There will be rolling blackouts. Parts of the country, perhaps the whole country for fairness, with scheduled power outages. These should be known in advance. There will be warming that on Wednesday, power is off from 8pm. California has been dealing with that for 20years. Texas too. As far as I can see they’ve no issue feeding themselves.

It’s an inconvenience for certain, but it’s not the end of the world. People in many parts of the world live their lives without steady power. People live on the streets in every city. Going to bed in the dark without a cup of tea seems minor to me next to sleeping in an alleyway in a damp sleepingbag.

People who have to choose between putting the heat, paying a bill or eating. That’s a much bigger problem.
                                                                  I have no idea either what the extent of rolling blackouts will be. I was responding to the suggestion that "a few hours a day with no power" was insignificant and a mere inconvenience.

I really don't think that "sleeping in an alleyway in a damp sleeping bag" is the standard we should be aiming for. People have a legitimate expectation to have their basic needs met in a country like Ireland and have every right to protest about it if not. Nobody is saying it's "the end of the world".
                                                                  Last edited by Wombatman; 08-09-22, 14:45.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

apparently it's already happened. they're just waiting for william to get there to announce it

great start for Truss, she was always anti royalty. probably poisoned her!

Comment

Magnus just being a sore loser?

Comment

Here from NY Times. The issue is that India and China stepped up imports massively.
                                                                        I’ve seen those articles. That claims that they are making about the same from Gas as they were making last summer, despite the volume drop.
                                                                        There’s also a graph that suggests they were making 300-400m a day last winter from Gas. Maybe some of that was pre-war and some was start of way. The Y-Axis labelling is awful.

It that park ran into the early war period. It’s like that it is inflating the “100-days of War” sound bite. Looking at the graph, it’s clearly taken a nose dive in recent months. (I’m aware it’s Gas only)

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                                                          Won an I Pad in an online comp with Avantcard. Also entered a load of comps on Sky VIP - maybe Sat Nav can do a shimmy on those too.
                                                                          Out of office at the moment....again

Won't be worrying about electric bills lying here

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                                                                          This gallery has 1 photos.
                                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

Although the bad news (for borrowers) is that the ECB just went for a 75bps increase. Would imagine the base rate is 》2% by EOY.
                                                                            Barely managed to creep my mortgage switch over the line. Was originally in for 7 years on the old avant rate but due to delays, it was pulled from their offerings and best I could get was 5 years. A few weeks later all rates went up. Luckily I had got far enough along at that point.

Reduced my overall term by 7 years and my monthly payment only incresead by 10%. Absolutely poxy on the timings as I was changing job during the whole process. Better to be lucky than good.
                                                                            Last edited by coillcam; 08-09-22, 15:21.

Comment

I'm quite surprised to find myself feeling sad that the Queen may have / will die. Must be seeing news of her family all flying in, or maybe the amount of people in Britain who will feel grieved.

Comment

Ah it's grand, it's not as if anyone is stupid enough to be trying to buy a house at the moment

Comment

Time to get your nut worst negative press releases together.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                    I'm quite surprised to find myself feeling sad that the Queen may have / will die. Must be seeing news of her family all flying in, or maybe the amount of people in Britain who will feel grieved.
                                                                                    It may be a completely anachronistic institution but she did what she saw as her duty in a dignified way.

Her children on the other hand...

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post

Out of office at the moment....again

Won't be worrying about electric bills lying here

Onlyfans working out well for you
                                                                                      ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Actually going to London with Mrs D3 the weekend after next. Might be some pomp and ceremony side action that we hadn't bargained for.

Meet Shraaaaap in Trafalgar Square for synchronised hysteria.

Comment

Is anyone following the chess drama? I honestly don't know what to make of the whole thing. For a quick recap. Magnus walked out of the current tournament he is competing in, which is the first time he ever has done such a thing in his career. He tweeted this insinuating that something was wrong that he couldn't talk about . . .

He has lost to GM Hans Nielsen who has had a meteoric rise in rating lately. Many seem to think that he is somehow cheating over the board and this is what Magnus is referencing in his tweet.

The players are asked to come in and explain their thought processes during the game they have just played and most of the top GMs were laughing at his explanations. The following day when Hans shows up to play he has scanners upon entry, pat-downs and a delay is put in place for the broadcast of his match.

Hikaru does a good recap here

Hans has since done a video yesterday saying he has never cheated over the board.

It must be an extremely sophisticated cheating method if he has found some way to overcome the current security protocols in live events. I find it hard to believe that is what is happening but doubt Magnus causes this kind of storm unless he is fairly certain that he is cheating.

Comment

I have no idea either what the extent of rolling blackouts will be. I was responding to the suggestion that "a few hours a day with no power" was insignificant and a mere inconvenience.

I really don't think that "sleeping in an alleyway in a damp sleeping bag" is the standard we should be aiming for. People have a legitimate expectation to have their basic needs met in a country like Ireland and have every right to protest about it if not. Nobody is saying it's "the end of the world".
                                                                                            The original point was that people online are being hysterical. Talking about bowing done to Russia, Ukraine making peace (like thats their choice). We can point out the hysterics, which that suggesting it’s nothing.
                                                                                            Who said it was an insignificant inconvenience? The description I see was painful.

I certainly wasn’t suggest it’s nothing. I was just pointing to the fact that assuming the power will gone at the worst possible moments is ignoring the fact there is control over when it is out. And that Power outages that lasted a few hours have happen many times to all of us. it’s a pain in the ass. I don’t think it’s what I would consider extremely serious.

The homeless reference wasn’t a standard to aim for. It was a point of reference. If some people out there are so appalled by the idea of the power being out for a bit, that must be extremely compassionate toward the less fortunate. Like those displaced by the war.

And I completely agree that people are entitled to want their comfort. I absolutely don’t want my power out while I’m awake. I hope it’s scheduled effectively.
                                                                                            I’ve no issue with people protesting. People will be pissed off. I just think we’re in for some over the top hysterics from a minority. Not aimed at you or anyone here. Allegedly on r/Ireland and Twitter, can’t confirm personally.

Comment

Magnus just being a sore loser?
                                                                                              It's a bit of a car crash isn't it.
                                                                                              I think it's a case of 'How could you believe me when I told you that I loved you when you know I've been a liar all my life'

Both made mistakes in the game and Magnus was always behind. To my limited knowledge it's hard to make a case that there was anything particularly suspicious on the day.
                                                                                              I reckon Magnus saw Han's post match analysis and knowing he hadn't played the game Hans referenced and given Hans's record he let his paranoia get the better of him and threw his toys out of the pram, but Nigel Short's analysis of the position being a transposition stands up fairly well and plenty of great players including Magnus himself at times are not always fluent straight after the game.
                                                                                              As Daniel King said there is plenty of evidence for whichever way your confirmation bias inclines you towards.

Magnus and the others would have been better to have been more open and public about Hans's record and if they don't fancy playing against him then don't.
                                                                                              Hans for his part would probably have been better off finding something else to do with his life after being banned for cheating three years ago.

Hikaru's shit stirring is fun to watch, he can be a top level prick at times.
                                                                                              If Hans has been cheating its got to be on a spectacular level, hard to see how he could do it without maybe some implanted tech maybe a chip put in under all those curls

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                                Yerra fuck them

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                                                  Is anyone following the chess drama? I honestly don't know what to make of the whole thing. For a quick recap. Magnus walked out of the current tournament he is competing in, which is the first time he ever has done such a thing in his career. He tweeted this insinuating that something was wrong that he couldn't talk about . . .

He has lost to GM Hans Nielsen who has had a meteoric rise in rating lately. Many seem to think that he is somehow cheating over the board and this is what Magnus is referencing in his tweet.

The players are asked to come in and explain their thought processes during the game they have just played and most of the top GMs were laughing at his explanations. The following day when Hans shows up to play he has scanners upon entry, pat-downs and a delay is put in place for the broadcast of his match.

Hikaru does a good recap here

Hans has since done a video yesterday saying he has never cheated over the board.

It must be an extremely sophisticated cheating method if he has found some way to overcome the current security protocols in live events. I find it hard to believe that is what is happening but doubt Magnus causes this kind of storm unless he is fairly certain that he is cheating.
                                                                                                  I love to be able to follow what’s going on in the videos. But feel like the random outsiders trying to read a HH on the old place.

How would he be cheating? Are the broadcast live?
                                                                                                  Also what’s up with his accent? He’s American. But like he’s putting on a Scandi-Slavic mash-up accent.

Comment

I love to be able to follow what’s going on in the videos. But feel like the random outsiders trying to read a HH on the old place.

How would he be cheating? Are the broadcast live?
                                                                                                    Also what’s up with his accent? He’s American. But like he’s putting on a Scandi-Slavic mash-up accent.
                                                                                                    The broadcasts are generally live so an earpiece is one way that it could be happening but they implemented a 15-minute delay after Magnus withdrew. Others have said that he might have somehow stolen opposition prep. Maybe he has found some way to fuse himself with machine? We haven't gotten any clarity from the Magnus camp since he made the tweet.

Yeah, the accent thing is something many people have commented on. He claims that he has been in a chess bubble for the last 3 or so years where all he does is play and study chess and the only people he speaks to about chess are non-native English speakers so he has somehow become a product of that environment. He will often flow right back into unbroken English and claims this is when his brain spends a little time back being fluent and kicks back into gear.

I have to say if anyone was going to get accused of cheating he makes for an amazing character. His interviews have been quality.

Comment

Aaaaaaand shes gone. BBC announcing it now.

Comment

Rip Queen Elizabeth II press F to pay respects
                                                                                                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Actually going to London with Mrs D3 the weekend after next. Might be some pomp and ceremony side action that we hadn't bargained for.

Meet Shraaaaap in Trafalgar Square for synchronised hysteria.
                                                                                                          Lock it in. Union Jack hats obligatory.

Comment

Does Charles abdicate to allow William take it or will he take it on himself?

I’d imagine those in the circle would rather William but maybe Charles wants it.

Comment

Sombre stuff
                                                                                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
                                                                                                                Does Charles abdicate to allow William take it or will he take it on himself?

I’d imagine those in the circle would rather William but maybe Charles wants it.
                                                                                                                Well didn't Liz give camille her blessing at the jubilee to be Queen Consort or whatever.
                                                                                                                I don;t see charles stepping down

Comment

They won’t call off premiership hmgames will they? FFS if so

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

Well didn't Liz give camille her blessing at the jubilee to be Queen Consort or whatever.
                                                                                                                    I don;t see charles stepping down
                                                                                                                    I was just reading something there from a history professor who wrote a book on the Queen.
                                                                                                                    She said Charles won’t step aside, he wants it and fancies himself to do a good job.
                                                                                                                    Apparently the coronation will actually take a year to do.

Comment

Originally posted by MysteryGuest View Post
                                                                                                                      They won’t call off premiership hmgames will they? FFS if so
                                                                                                                      They will. 100%

Comment

Going to be some gruesome fawning from our own bootlickers about the time the Queen muttered some bland pleasantries to them and moved on

at least you get some craic out of the rabid competitive grieving (and grief shaming) in the British press

Comment

the maddest bunch of fuckwits
                                                                                                                          Last edited by Emmet; 08-09-22, 18:17.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X