This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
    The Trump documents thing just gets nuttier.

Most likely explanation is he was acting at the level of a toddler having an 'it's mine!' tantrum, but the fact that some of the folders are empty raises some disturbing possibilities. Must be getting harder and harder for Republicans to defend this but they've backed themselves into a corner where they have to. Karma.
    on that topic, this is amazing

Comment

The Trump documents thing just gets nuttier.

Most likely explanation is he was acting at the level of a toddler having an 'it's mine!' tantrum, but the fact that some of the folders are empty raises some disturbing possibilities. Must be getting harder and harder for Republicans to defend this but they've backed themselves into a corner where they have to. Karma.
      Been following the price of Trump, due to my £300 a month going into De Santis. The market is far from convinced he is going anywhere near the White House. He's a fav of sorts for the Republican nomination, but a very weak one.
      "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

A wee treat for anyone remotely interested in the Irish electronic music scene: Phil Kieran just dropped his entire catalogue online. Holy shit. It's the bomb.

Here's a class collab with Green Velvet

Comment

Lovely stuff from the ABs. Putting a proper beating on the pumas

Comment

When they take our jobs we will move more into being creative and the arts

An A.I.-Generated Picture Won an Art Prize. Artists Aren’t Happy. - New York Times

merlin_212276709_3104aef5-3dc4-4288-bb44-9e5624db0b37-superJumbo.jpg?quality=75&auto=webp.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

Been following the price of Trump, due to my £300 a month going into De Santis. The market is far from convinced he is going anywhere near the White House. He's a fav of sorts for the Republican nomination, but a very weak one.
              It's pretty mad. On all known form (unpopular president, economic pain usual midterm pattern), the GOP should hoover up Senate and House majorities. But their own extremism and Trump pathology is making that less likely by the day, albeit the House still looks odds-on.

Best outcome for the GOP would be if he'd just die.
              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                Is there some back story to this? Maybe this is how they handle gender reassignment?

Comment

Odds on Donnie ever actually seeing jail time? Longs odds i'd guess as even if he was charged with a serious offence, the whole process would take ages to come to a conclusion along with numerous appeals etc. And it's not like he has years left in the tank.

Not sure if the Yanks really want to be seen to jail an ex-president either, regardless of how destructive he was. A bout of house arrest the best one could hope for i'd say.
                  Last edited by Degag; 03-09-22, 10:18.

Comment

Originally posted by Degag View Post
                    Odds on Donnie ever actually seeing jail time? Longs odds i'd guess as even if he was charged with a serious offence, the whole process would take ages to come to a conclusion along with numerous appeals etc. And it's not like he has years left in the tank.

Not sure if the Yanks really want to be seen to jail an ex-president either, regardless of how destructive he was. A bout of house arrest the best one could hope for i'd say.
                    Close to zero imo. Biden would be nuts to allow it - would turn him into a martyr for the crazies.

Comment

I’ve been playing around with AI art myself recently. It’s insane the rate at which they are advancing.

Comment

I’ve been playing around with AI art myself recently. It’s insane the rate at which they are advancing.

Comment

The OTT response to Biden's 'maga Republicans are a threat to democracy' is extraordinary, feels like he really hit a nerve.

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post

I've been using it to make album art, it's crazy!

142.JPG

Comment

I play it all at the start, then get musicians to play what I wrote. The songs often change quite a lot during that process, and with some, like the Sax and Piano, I know and trust the musicians at the point so much I will leave space for them to add parts. I'll do the melody and the basics of a solo, and they can work from there. On most songs, there will end up with some of me still left in it because I sometimes prefer my version. EG I find it really hard to get the right tone from bassists, for instance, so even though their playing is infinitely better than mine, I usually end up with my bass on the tracks. Also, for some tracks where an instrument is supposed to be in the background, it's super difficult to get a musician who is used to being the centre of attention to take a back seat, so some of the basic piano tracks are done by me - which is quite a painful process.
                              Just catching up. This is class man, and the tune is unreal! Your best work yet I reckon.

Hope you're dead proud
                              airport, lol

Comment

What tool are you using for that?

Comment

Brother-in-law (is a half-brother of your spouse a brother-in-law?) has just landed after a whopping two days of flights to get the three hours from St Petersburg to Dublin. Petersburg to Armenia. Armenia to Moldova. Moldova to Dublin. Quite the adventure for him. Bit mad as well that, all going well, he's about to embark on four years in a rather alien country. I know a lot of us did it, but looking back now, it must be an awful wrench on the parents knowing your kid is gone for that length of time and quite possibly is gone for good outside of holidays.

Comment

Was at a meeting today to decide the CAO points for our courses. One course only has ten slots as the US partner only has ten places. 15 students with 625 points, the absolute maximum, so random allocation for them. I was thinking this evening, I wouldn't have had enough points to get into any of the courses. Think its 490 minimum. Tough out there!

Comment

Brother-in-law (is a half-brother of your spouse a brother-in-law?) has just landed after a whopping two days of flights to get the three hours from St Petersburg to Dublin. Petersburg to Armenia. Armenia to Moldova. Moldova to Dublin. Quite the adventure for him. Bit mad as well that, all going well, he's about to embark on four years in a rather alien country. I know a lot of us did it, but looking back now, it must be an awful wrench on the parents knowing your kid is gone for that length of time and quite possibly is gone for good outside of holidays.
                                      Did anyone take in an Ukrainian family/people?
                                      My Aunt had a new granny flat add on for her house recently completed, and for about 4 months had been signed up to the 'list' to supply accommodation.
                                      It's basically hotel standard.
                                      Not one Ukrainian in sight. Asked to be removed from the list.
                                      Not the only person who has a similar story either.
                                      This place would have been maybe 1.5 miles from Waterford city centre.
                                      ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

We got a call from them about going through garda vetting to take a kid. But by then we knew the brother-in-law was on the way, and weren't sure we could find accommodation. Actually that's a good reminder, as we should go back to them, as the BIL is staying in outside accommodation. Admittedly, its me being highly keen and the wife being highly reluctant, so we might need to have another chat about that.

Comment

Haven't seen the BIL since he was about 12, as we couldn't get Russian visas in France. Ha, he has grown into a fine adult. Just a very nice sense about him of a gentle soul. He spent the last few months in Armenia until he got his Irish visa and apparently spent the whole time playing video games, and has a bit of a look about him of someone who constantly plays video games. Wasn't really sure what to expect. Its some family for the brains, even if this one has slightly misused his. The wife is beyond bright, and the younger brother has just joined some elite Moscow maths uni at the grand old age of 16 after winning the main national maths competition. This particular one that we have taken delivery of, used to take extra maths lessons of literally a few hours a day from this guy. Russia's loss is Ireland's gain, I suspect. Mainly because he seems sound. Must encourage him to take up poker and live vicariously through his wins.

Comment

I've been using it to make album art, it's crazy!

142.JPG
                                            I’m wondering what your text input was for that one?
                                            ”impressionist painting of a lightening storm above Hague Sophia”

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post

Did anyone take in an Ukrainian family/people?
                                              My Aunt had a new granny flat add on for her house recently completed, and for about 4 months had been signed up to the 'list' to supply accommodation.
                                              It's basically hotel standard.
                                              Not one Ukrainian in sight. Asked to be removed from the list.
                                              Not the only person who has a similar story either.
                                              This place would have been maybe 1.5 miles from Waterford city centre.
                                              So not even refugees fleeing a warzone want to live in Waterford.

I get that.

Comment

Actually the few new Ukrainians I have met live in Ferrybank Co. Kilkenny, don't mention that war either.
                                                ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

How would one go about changing a €500 banknote into usable money? Post Office?

Comment

1/2 NL HOLD EM

Comment

Joe Lycett is really turning himself into quite a brilliant comedian. He's increasingly done some excellent things, despite starting as quite a standard comedian.

Comment

Still legal tender (though no new ones being printed) so any bank branch or PO shouldn't be a problem. Though I wouldn't try one of those Spar Post Office things, could see it causing panic for a part-timer and they might have to make phone-calls to head office.

Comment

I’ll swap u a tile merchant voucher for it

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post

Still legal tender (though no new ones being printed) so any bank branch or PO shouldn't be a problem. Though I wouldn't try one of those Spar Post Office things, could see it causing panic for a part-timer and they might have to make phone-calls to head office.
                                                            In Leopardstown at the races about 2 weeks go. Got lucky and got a winner, bookie paid me a couple of €50 notes but also x1 €100 note, should have said something at the time but was on a high obv.

The sheer look of panic when I handed it in at a local bar a few days later. Barman said he had never seen one before etc, did a quick google to see if there was such a thing as a €100 note, but still wouldn't accept it.
                                                            Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post

Just catching up. This is class man, and the tune is unreal! Your best work yet I reckon.

Hope you're dead proud
                                                              Thanks! Yeah, I'm very happy with it, I have gotten a lot better with practice!

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                What tool are you using for that?

Dall-e 2. I haven't played with the others yet

I feel a little bad about the whole thing as I was paying artists roughly $100 a drawing before.

Comment

I’m wondering what your text input was for that one?
                                                                  ”impressionist painting of a lightening storm above Hague Sophia”
                                                                  Very good guess!

“Expressive oil painting of Hagia Sofia Istanbul being hit by lightning ”

This is what I got for your input

faasf.JPG

Attached Files

Comment

Car conversation where it came up, how did covid start.

Youngest pipes up: oh I know this one. It was created by the US and planted in China in revenge for a phone that China created.

We're there thinking - man, we really need to look at your YouTube algorithms.

But, as it turns out:

SPOILER
                                                                    There was a Hong Kong family around the house last week. The two young kids seemed madly sophisticated, having just landed in the country. They'd managed to learn perfect English in a few months. The parents were most keen to find out how they could continue their violin and piano practice. The girls themselves shamed us by sitting down at the table and then going 'whoops, we forgot to wash our hands', at which point we looked expectantly at our own two savages to no avail. But - it seems that in between the piano and the violin and the exceedingly good manners, they'd also managed to pick up from their grandmother a rather mad covid conspiracy theory and had landed in Ireland ready to spread the real truth.

I need to apologise to the YouTube algorithm that has only delivered goodness and has largely raised the kid

Comment

Quelle surprise. Hitch obviously harbouring Chinese and Russian spies and then has to audacity come on here asking how to launder his ill gotten pinko gains. Shameless.
                                                                      Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Mustard View Post

In Leopardstown at the races about 2 weeks go. Got lucky and got a winner, bookie paid me a couple of €50 notes but also x1 €100 note, should have said something at the time but was on a high obv.

The sheer look of panic when I handed it in at a local bar a few days later. Barman said he had never seen one before etc, did a quick google to see if there was such a thing as a €100 note, but still wouldn't accept it.
                                                                        Jaysus, they used to be relatively common a few years ago.

Should be far more common really tbh.

Comment

Golf freaks. LIV GOLF final round on youtube

Comment

In fairness to the Chinese, conspiracy-theorists one-and-all that they may be, at least they gave us TikTok.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                                              Anytime I think about watching LIV I imagine Rory and Tiger are in the room watching me and I don’t do it
                                                                              Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

In fairness to the Chinese, conspiracy-theorists one-and-all that they may be, at least they gave us TikTok.

I bet there’s way less degenerate trash on Chinese tik tok then the western version.
                                                                                masterful subversion by the Chinese and they never let the western crap into their domain.
                                                                                I can see the brain damage it’s causing in people is even worse than Facebook/Instagram, though nothing tops Twitter.

reminder that anyone over 30 with a tik tok account should have their hard drives searched for child porn
                                                                                Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                                                  First time watching it properly. Was great entertainment. Don’t tell Rory.
                                                                                  His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Very good guess!

“Expressive oil painting of Hagia Sofia Istanbul being hit by lightning ”
                                                                                    Ha, pretty close.

I’ve been playing Dall-e 2 also, plus a few others.

Attached Files
                                                                                    Last edited by Mellor; 05-09-22, 10:27.

Comment

Thyme restaurant in Athlone is well worth a trip if you are looking for good food in the midlands. Ten of us there yesterday and not a single bum note between the lot. Very friendly service too.

Comment

Thyme restaurant in Athlone is well worth a trip if you are looking for good food in the midlands. Ten of us there yesterday and not a single bum note between the lot. Very friendly service too.
                                                                                        Great to hear it’s still going strong. I think I first recommended it over 10 years ago.
                                                                                        ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Joe Lycett is really turning himself into quite a brilliant comedian. He's increasingly done some excellent things, despite starting as quite a standard comedian.

Fb4W6TZXEAE8Z3R?format=jpg&name=medium.jpg
                                                                                          Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Super spot: as good as there is in Ireland

Comment

I was there for d'missus' birthday a few weeks back. Best meal we've had in a long time and everything was impeccable. Top quality and great value. Repeat visit on the cards soon. I don't know of anywhere else in the midlands that's comparable.

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post

I was there for d'missus' birthday a few weeks back. Best meal we've had in a long time and everything was impeccable. Top quality and great value. Repeat visit on the cards soon. I don't know of anywhere else in the midlands that's comparable.
                                                                                                We had a family thing on with a Mayo and a Dublin crew so decided to meet in the middle. Just got lucky as I didn't really put any research into it but a great spot. Would say the prices are keen by Dublin standards and for the quality too.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                                                                                                  Well, they're not wrong...

Comment

Early reports seem to confirm that this is a major operation and Ukrainian forces are advancing in several directions. Chances of large numbers of Russian troops being encircled west of the Dnieper river with no escape routes.

I think this would be a great time to resurrect the old BBV prayer.

One Time.
                                                                                                    The Ukrainians have been understandably silent about the ongoing operation but Zelensky now confirming tangible progress. *If* the Ukrainians can encircle and force either the destruction or surrender of the Russian army in this area, it'll be hugely significant.

Putin's usage of a gas blockade against the EU will only have a limited short-term impact imo. Once we get through this winter, Russia will never be a feature of our energy markets again. And nor should it be - we should dismantle the pipelines from the EU end to demonstrate this.

Comment

Well, they're not wrong...
                                                                                                      I thought she was a great host . This new format is shocking.

Comment

Its starting to seem like Liz Truss could easily be the next PM. Mordant just doesn't seem to have the momentum. Chalk this one up to a rare prediction win for RD3.
                                                                                                        It's happened. Not by as massive a margin as we may have thought though.

Prime Minister Truss. Still don't know if that's madder than PM BoJo.
                                                                                                        Last edited by Raoul Duke III; 05-09-22, 11:44.

Comment

She is coming across as a robot in this speech. Made what was clearly intended as a joke and no-one knew how to react.

Comment

She is coming across as a robot in this speech. Made what was clearly intended as a joke and no-one knew how to react.
                                                                                                            that was a horrendously crap speech

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post

that was a horrendously crap speech
                                                                                                              tbh, it wouldn't matter if she was the reincarnation of FDR. Cleaning up BoJo's mess is not a solvable problem.

Comment

tbh, it wouldn't matter if she was the reincarnation of FDR. Cleaning up BoJo's mess is not a solvable problem.
                                                                                                                absolutely, but those were just soundbites of innanity. did she even make a full sentence? i'm going to cut tax, i'm going to fix the nhs, i'm going to solve the energy crisis, i'm going to win us the 2024 elections. ugh, what rubbish

Comment

She'll go down as a worse PM than Johnson imo.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post

absolutely, but those were just soundbites of innanity. did she even make a full sentence? i'm going to cut tax, i'm going to fix the nhs, i'm going to solve the energy crisis, i'm going to win us the 2024 elections. ugh, what rubbish
                                                                                                                    in fairness, 'we are so fucked' would have been a bit of a buzzkill

Comment

No more pretence out of Mad Vlad anyway. He's openly declared energy war on the EU.

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post

She'll go down as a worse PM than Johnson imo.
                                                                                                                        That's the plan
                                                                                                                        Johnson, like the IRA, hasn't gone away you know.

Comment

No more pretence out of Mad Vlad anyway. He's openly declared energy war on the EU.
                                                                                                                          He has responded to sanctions with sanctions. Its not quite happening in isolation!

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X