Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would be amazing if independent bakers were incentivised to set up shop everywhere.

There's a Polish one in Rathcoole that's supposed to be real good. Those Poles make amazing donuts, Polie Donies as my missus calls them.
    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

Not to mention the Cruffins

Incredible business, just delivering consistent quality and you have to admire their reluctance to cash in by trying to scale above the level at which they can maintain the quality.

Amazing how having them and places like Mezze across the road and the bit of pedestrianisation has changed the whole vibe of the town and upgraded all the places around them... hard to explain but like Cahills was always a great little shop but now it suddenly feels a bit hipster!
      Cruffin is about 2nd or 3rd in the ranking for me. The salted caramel square is unmatched for me.

Yeah they have one in town and another in Dunmore East plus it appears on a few lunch menus around. Incredible business all built from a small market stall.

Mezze is probably my go to for lunch and like you said the pedestrianised area has been a big win. The Vee which is there far longer has got better too.

I just think of Cahills as the teacher shop. It’ll be mobbed this week before schools are back.

I’m back home very frequently so if you ever want Seagull brought up let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post

I’m back home very frequently so if you ever want Seagull brought up let me know.
        I'm up and down a good bit myself, I thought you were from here and living down there, did you go grow up down there?
        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
          There just seems to be nothing to watch. Watched freaking Jamie's One Pan Wonders last night, but can't sink that low again.
          Severance.

Comment

The South Park concert is better than I expected

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
              I'm up and down a good bit myself, I thought you were from here and living down there, did you go grow up down there?
              I’m living down here around 5 years, I was in college down here too and my wife is from the area so pretty connected for a while.

Family are still in The Curragh, I grew up there and also lived for some time outside Kildare. I go home quite a bit.

Comment

Very short notice but have a few freebies for the American football in aviva at 5.30 if anyone wants

Comment

Jesus wouldn't you love to get a glimpse behind the scenes at the FBI/DOJ.

This latest stuff about the foreign assets getting killed and captured is mind blowing.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                    Very short notice but have a few freebies for the American football in aviva at 5.30 if anyone wants
                    Tell Pat Fitzgerald I'll be in the Dawson Lounge later and expecting to be bought multiple pints.
                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Some run of shit results for NZ now. Maybe we should have won all 3?

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

This latest stuff about the foreign assets getting killed and captured is mind blowing.
                        Where are you seeing that? I read the NYT and don't see any reference.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

Where are you seeing that? I read the NYT and don't see any reference.
                          People joining dots with this story from Oct 21

CIA sent a wire informing of an unusual amount of foreign assets getting captured, killed or going missing.

Counterintelligence officials said in a top secret cable to all stations and bases around the world that too many of the people it recruits from other countries to spy for the U.S. are being lost.

Comment

People joining dots with this story from Oct 21

CIA sent a wire informing of an unusual amount of foreign assets getting captured, killed or going missing.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/05/u...-captured.html
                            Seems like a reach, although a confirmed link would surely sink the fucker.

Comment

I feel like I should get a cut for the amount I advertise his podcast on here but sounds like you would really enjoy this one. He said one of the hardest things about leaving the CIA was the loss of access to information that came with his security clearance.

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post

I feel like I should get a cut for the amount I advertise his podcast on here but sounds like you would really enjoy this one. He said one of the hardest things about leaving the CIA was the loss of access to information that came with his security clearance.

Cheers. That looks great.

Not sure if you caught the post but Murdrum recommended a fantastic pod in a similar vein, Foreign Policy's 'I-spy'.

30 min interviews with ex CIA agents, fascinating stuff.

Comment

Seems like a reach, although a confirmed link would surely sink the fucker.
                                  I'm not sure how reachy it is.

One thing I'm grappling with though, which I don't really see mentioned.

Surely he'd have to know he would be caught. Could Kompromat be strong enough, Epstein stuff maybe?

Comment

brianmc I work a lot with Grainne from Studio Red. Was at her house last week, she can literally jump her back wall into the Phoenix Park. We were chatting about running and I told her where I run.

'Oh I did a project there'

Turned out it was you.

Small oul world.

Comment

My friend from France is over next week. First time in Ireland, and never really saw the point of visiting here before. I'm trying to book dinner. I was thinking - maybe somewhere like Howth is the place to go. Because of the setting combined with the food? Is it still The Oarhouse that is best in Howth, or Aqua?
                                      "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

My friend from France is over next week. First time in Ireland, and never really saw the point of visiting here before. I'm trying to book dinner. I was thinking - maybe somewhere like Howth is the place to go. Because of the setting combined with the food? Is it still The Oarhouse that is best in Howth, or Aqua?
                                        Mamo best food in Howth imo although not the views.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                                          The South Park concert is better than I expected

Seeing pro singers singing 'boogers and cum' was wonderful.

Comment

Jamie Foxx's Trump impression is surprisingly excellent

Last edited by ComradeCollie; 27-08-22, 20:46.

Comment

Mamo best food in Howth imo although not the views.
                                              Earliest reservation is at 8:45pm. Thats a laz-special level of dining. Booked a place called Mulberry Garden in Donnybrook, which is hopefully grand.

Comment

Earliest reservation is at 8:45pm. Thats a laz-special level of dining. Booked a place called Mulberry Garden in Donnybrook, which is hopefully grand.
                                                Lunch is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post

You could give Irma Vep a spin. Not for everyone but Vikander's brilliance alone should make it worthwhile.
                                                  This looks amazing!

Comment

Was looking through the list of programmes in the TV show app and came across this previously saved show. The Ipcress File. Its very decent.

Comment

I've never been to Mulberry Garden but I'd snap up the 8:45pm spot in Mamo. It's a great spot.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                        I've never been to Mulberry Garden but I'd snap up the 8:45pm spot in Mamo. It's a great spot.
                                                        ah yeah, it looked it. Phenomenal menu. But just can't be doing those hours.

Comment

8:45pm perfect time for dining out. Especially if grabbing a drink prior.
                                                          It’s just past 8 here atm. Might start cooking in a bit. Will probably have a drink first

Comment

Watched the first couple of episodes of Welcome to Wrexham on Disney.
                                                            It follows american actors Rob McElhenney and Ryan Reynolds buying the football club.
                                                            Looks interesting.

Comment

Thinking of a nice roast chicken* for breakfast. When should I put it in?

* keep forgetting that roast chicken is both phenomenal and a piece-of-piss to cook.

Comment

Someone here was big into martial arts at some point? DP or AJ are my vague memory. Would any of the national championships be good spectator sports?

Comment

Someone here was big into martial arts at some point? DP or AJ are my vague memory. Would any of the national championships be good spectator sports?
                                                                  I think DP is a black belt in kenpo and Mellor is big into bjj (poss blue or purple belt)?

Could be wrong on both counts though.

Comment

Theresa going to fall into the Rory trap.
                                                                    Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Putting like Smith. Faxon must know his stuff . You would thing Scottie was the away player with the Rory Support .

Comment

Oh dear WoWee

Comment

Balls deep.

He has made his share of 10footers under pressure today though and that’s always been his problem.

But he clearly still has that pull left under pressure too. Same as opening tee at Portrush. And final hole on the Sat.

its in there.

He’s just sooooo good he can paper over them.
                                                                          This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                          All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                          The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

Putting like Smith. Faxon must know his stuff . You would thing Scottie was the away player with the Rory Support .
                                                                            They know a legend when they see one. When at his best Rory is on a different level.

Comment

Definetly count out the BJJ anyway- even MMA fans start booing when there’s a full round of it. Snooze fest (as a spectator sport)
                                                                              also remember they are all completely useless as for self defence in the real world
                                                                              Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

Originally posted by MysteryGuest View Post

Definetly count out the BJJ anyway- even MMA fans start booing when there’s a full round of it. Snooze fest (as a spectator sport)
                                                                                also remember they are all completely useless as for self defence in the real world
                                                                                Thats kind of relative. ANyone who invests in fitness and self defence are more capable of defending themselves than a high % of the populice . You dont have to be Bruce Lee . One things for sure , you know beforehand if you can take a shot or two.

Comment

Hopefully Artemis blows up on the launchpad today- waste of time
                                                                                  Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

They know a legend when they see one. When at his best Rory is on a different level.
                                                                                    He definitely has the best A-game but what is often forgotten is his consistency.
                                                                                    The lack of majors in the past decade isn’t ideal but he’s been the most consistent golfer on tour for a decade.
                                                                                    The FedEx wins is pretty decent representation of that

Comment

This aged very well- another triumph for the “factcheckers”

.

Comment

Comment

.

Comment

Haha, what a thread. Hypocritical cunts getting called out. By The White House.

I quite like "no fucks given Biden, as opposed to the "reach across the aisles Biden" we've seen in the last year.

Real "I've made a huge mistake" moment from Ted here

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

Who cares about Trump, when you've got DeSantis

Trump, only smarter
                                                                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

There just seems to be nothing to watch. Watched freaking Jamie's One Pan Wonders last night, but can't sink that low again.
                                                                                                There's loads
                                                                                                A fair few movies have also dropped in the last few days

Comment

From experience no..many many hours of multiple events happening in jnr/low level divisions. Senior participants are usually pissed off and tired by the time they get to compete. Those, arguably the most talented, are usually on close to last in the evening.
                                                                                                  Something with an air of professionalism might be a better spectator sport I think

Comment

Did any of ye comic book guys watch Sandman yet? I started reading it last week (free on Kindle Unlimited as I mentioned before) and it's really cool. Couldn't resist watching the first episode of the show after which seems like it will be a bit of fun too. Comics/graphic novels work so well on a tablet with that comixology app, zooming in and out of panels is really nice.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

Trump, only smarter
                                                                                                      Ironically, for fellas like de Santis, getting what they wanted (Roe overturned) might be the thing that sinks them.
                                                                                                      It leads to some politically unanswerable questions like 'what about in the case of rape, do you really think a woman should be forced to have the baby?'

Cue squirming and suburban moms running away very fast.

Comment

Was looking through the list of programmes in the TV show app and came across this previously saved show. The Ipcress File. Its very decent.
                                                                                                        Cheese: A Love Story
                                                                                                        Cheese: A Love Story: With Afrim Pristine, Chuck Hughes, Jean-Charles Aarnaud, Alex Porras. An exploration and celebration of one of the world's most beloved foods through the lens of an extreme cheese lover

Actually hmmm maybe not, only 13 people reviewed so far.
                                                                                                        Currently watching Fleabag for the first time, and Archer is back for season 13 or something.
                                                                                                        Survivor is back this month too, 21st Sept.
                                                                                                        Last edited by Micknail; 29-08-22, 10:09.
                                                                                                        ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Hopefully Artemis blows up on the launchpad today- waste of time

I'm all in favour of spending every penny we can on NASA but unless there is a clear plan to set up a significant long term manned operation on the moon, and that really only makes sense as a staging post to mars, NASA should be using their limited resources on robotic exploration.

We should be leaving manned space flight to the likes of Musk and Bill Cullen and with any luck they will find out why it costs NASA so much more to send people up rather than bots.

Comment

Found a pic of my 1st day at school.
                                                                                                            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                                                                                                            This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

I quite like "no fucks given Biden, as opposed to the "reach across the aisles Biden" we've seen in the last year.

Comment

Everyone underestimating Biden is actually a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                                                                                                  I think DP is a black belt in kenpo and Mellor is big into bjj (poss blue or purple belt)?

Could be wrong on both counts though.
                                                                                                                  Yup. Been purple since 2020. Was easier to find the time during covid season 1. Works been busy the last year or so.

To be fair, the fans booing are pissed retarded yanks who are there for knock outs. And that have no clue about the technical parts.

I do agree with the last line. I wouldn’t expect anyone who doesn’t train to be able to follow the sport, let alone enjoy it.
                                                                                                                  Would be like watching poker or chess with no context of the rankings, moves or how any pat if the game works.

Training obvious makes it easier to follow. Some stylistic matches are not naturally exciting though imo.

Martial arts that consist solely of no-contact, choreographed set pieces, I’d tend to agree in general - excluding fitness etc.
                                                                                                                  But the martial arts that consist full contact sparring and competition. Thinking they are useless is meathead 101 stuff.
                                                                                                                  Last edited by Mellor; 29-08-22, 11:43.

Comment

I would think someone with a black belt in the likes of judo or a wrestling expert would demolish the average person who's likely to be involved in a real world fight.

Comment

Irish Rory haters are a sorry bunch of cnuts.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                                                        I would think someone with a black belt in the likes of judo or a wrestling expert would demolish the average person who's likely to be involved in a real world fight.
                                                                                                                        While you are probably right isn’t a black belt a relatively achievable thing for people? As in, there are multiple grades of black belt, i.e you could be ‘7th black belt’ or something like that.

Whereas the general connotation (and my long held belief) is that black belt = master?

Comment

Seems like Ukraine may have just launched its counter-offensive in the south, centred on Kherson. It'll be very interesting to see how their offensive goes, in scale and tactics, and then how the RuSSians respond.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X