Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see Jonas is ninja'ing away as per in Barcelona. 20 left and 1.7m and 1m for top two. €50k locked up, please dont fuck him over BBV Gods....

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

Incorrect.
      I hope you are right, I've been warned to expect otherwise.
      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Amazing stuff from Ciara Mageean. Put up some fight.
        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

The Ryan Giggs defence is all kinds of special

The poem sent to Kate Greville:

My darling Kate
          Unequivocally our love was fate
          I fell in love with you at first sight
          I remember coz I was as high as a kite
          Those beautiful eyes, made me shiver
          I’m not gonna lie, I think of you, I dream of you
          Can’t help thinking, pulling you was my greatest ever coo (sic)
          That stomach, those abs, those pictures you sent
          So I can keep tabs on you, makes me feel funny down there
          Especially when you are there and you look up and stare
          I’m beginning to think you are always right
          That’s okay it will keep us tight
          I’m gonna end by saying you are my love, my friend, my soul
          And most of all you believe in me
          Which makes me feel as hard as a totem pole
          Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
            Wow!
            (Unequivocal) Proof that soccer causes brain damage

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

Wow!
              There will be a string of these now . Soccer players scumbaggery rampant. Not new though

Comment

I hope you are right, I've been warned to expect otherwise.
                I had the contractor here onsite for 2 hours last week (his crew does ~100 retrofits p.a.) and he said to expect minimal disruption. Like maybe 1 day with no heating.

Will report. Mrs D3 is dithering over picking windows so that's the long lead time. Said to expect 14 weeks from ordering windows to his team being onsite.
                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Wow!
                  Too much money and adulation for men who are educated to primary school standard you mean.

Comment

You would wonder what Ferguson is at tarnishing his legacy in this way.

He probably sees it as loyalty but it's basically the same as TDs writing character references for rapist constituents. Not a good look.

Comment

Too much money and adulation for men who are educated to primary school standard you mean.
                      The really disturbing part is that it's his legal team putting this out as part of his defence. Anyone could text similar tripe, but they'd keep it to themselves.

Comment

The really disturbing part is that it's his legal team putting this out as part of his defence. Anyone could text similar tripe, but they'd keep it to themselves.
                        In fairness to soccer, it's doing its best to keep the legal eagles in impactful suits. Maybe Kayroo could reposition his practice to only take on Wagatha Christie cases.

Comment

Watching 'Grease' again. Still prefer the soundtrack to the movie. Too many old people playing high school kids. Stockard Channing was 34 ffs! At least Olivia NJ didn't look 29, like she could have easily passed for 24.

Comment

Watching 'Grease' again. Still prefer the soundtrack to the movie. Too many old people playing high school kids. Stockard Channing was 34 ffs! At least Olivia NJ didn't look 29, like she could have easily passed for 24.
                            That old chestnut . If anything their age makes them more authentic. The average 17 year old in the 50s looked 35 .

Comment

You would wonder what Ferguson is at tarnishing his legacy in this way.

He probably sees it as loyalty but it's basically the same as TDs writing character references for rapist constituents. Not a good look.
                              Would need Kayroo to confirm, but fairly sure you can't refuse (or it's really difficult to) if you are called as a witness.
                              Completely different to the character witness situation.

Comment

His brother's poetry must be awful shite so.
                                Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                  I see Jonas is ninja'ing away as per in Barcelona. 20 left and 1.7m and 1m for top two. €50k locked up, please dont fuck him over BBV Gods....
                                  Bust about 10 mins later for 56k

BBV alive and well

Was hoping to recant my Jonas, Satnav and the 3 room orgy story from roming the halls in Citywest back in the day if hr shipped

Disclaimer that neither parties were connected

Comment

Bust about 10 mins later for 56k

BBV alive and well

Was hoping to recant my Jonas, Satnav and the 3 room orgy story from roming the halls in Citywest back in the day if hr shipped

Disclaimer that neither parties were connected
                                    Wtf
                                    Her sky-ness
                                    © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post

Wtf
                                      You know tbf

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post
                                        Have anyone read this out of curiosity? Considering buying…
                                        https://www.amazon.com/Bond-King-Mar.../dp/1250120845
                                        Just finished it. Pretty extreme corporate culture, even by the standards of the industry! Although no doubt toned down nowadays.

It's a good read, well written and a decent balance between the characters and how they played the markets. Fairly convinced Gross is at the far end of the personality disorder scale! Like ordering the entire trading floor to be silent at all times, wtf.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post

Would need Kayroo to confirm, but fairly sure you can't refuse (or it's really difficult to) if you are called as a witness.
                                          Completely different to the character witness situation.
                                          He was a character witness. It's not like his testimony was relevant to the actual facts of the trial in any way so how could he be a witness?

Comment

It’s difficult to buy that Fergie wilould not have been aware of Giggs form wrt women - he had eyes everywhere
                                            Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

I should have known better but headline on this story “Sarah Jessica Parker shocks staff at busy Dublin restaurant” got me to click in in expectation she had done something depraved to shock the world weary waiting staff (taking a shit on the table top etc)
                                              but no she appears to have shocked them just by showing up and eating food- what a pathetic story

Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

Enjoying watching Zuck nosediving Facebook into the ground with his META crap- state of the below tweet

38C2333E-C910-4598-8966-F2440D74AC7D.jpeg
                                                Attached Files

Comment

The coverage of the Finnish PM partying is worse. Real whiff of misogyny off some of it. More power to her knowing how to go out and let her hair down.

Comment

Enjoying watching Zuck nosediving Facebook into the ground with his META crap- state of the below tweet

38C2333E-C910-4598-8966-F2440D74AC7D.jpeg

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                      The coverage of the Finnish PM partying is worse. Real whiff of misogyny off some of it. More power to her knowing how to go out and let her hair down.
                                                      Need Solks for insider deets there imo.

Comment

The Basic Finns read *Trunptards* jumped all over this .

Redic really . Its not just in the US you have this bipartisan shite taken to the extremes. I type this from a boat to the Helsinki *death Zoo.

Plenty of history of drug taking PM etc. But this young girl is clean as they come .

Comment

He was a character witness. It's not like his testimony was relevant to the actual facts of the trial in any way so how could he be a witness?
                                                          Washington Post? That's a hell of a distance to travel to find a piece that uses the term you agree with.

All the English media referred to him as a defence witness.

I actually agree with you to an extent, I didn't understand what the purpose of him being there was.
                                                          But thinking about it I'm not sure how else you are actually supposed to defend a charge of 'controlling and coercive behaviour'.
                                                          You can't get an alibi or prove mistaken identity etc, so getting a stream of people to swear under oath that you have never behaved that way may be the only way to defend it.
                                                          Last edited by ArmaniJeans; 20-08-22, 16:06.

Comment

So my sparks can't certify. Don't suppose anyone knows someone who would be willing to do it for a bunch of folding money?

Comment

Just went to put luggage back in attic as house returns to semi-normality. Noticed how destroyed the various suitcases are (tbf, we bought them in Vegas in 2006 so I'm sure they've travelled around the world a good few times) so it's time to invest.

Questions: is Samsonite still the nut luggage brand? And where's the best place to buy in Dublin?

Comment

Been using these for years now, never an issue, sturdy zips and the ability to sit on it and close it is all i require and they have held up.

This too shall pass.

Comment

Just went to put luggage back in attic as house returns to semi-normality. Noticed how destroyed the various suitcases are (tbf, we bought them in Vegas in 2006 so I'm sure they've travelled around the world a good few times) so it's time to invest.

Questions: is Samsonite still the nut luggage brand? And where's the best place to buy in Dublin?
                                                                  Not the exact location but you could wait until the next “Private sale” in Kildare Village, usually works out around 20-30% extra off the outlet price.

Comment

RD, maybe that wink wink sparks lad that you know that does certs knows something about luggage. Give him a shout.

While you're onto him....

Comment

In all possible worlds I'm not sure Top Gun: Maverick could have been much better. 5 gung-ho Wombats.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                        RD, maybe that wink wink sparks lad that you know that does certs knows something about luggage. Give him a shout.

While you're onto him....
                                                                        Yeah, I'll ask although he's not due back until the countertops are installed in the kitchen which could be 3 more weeks.
                                                                        He did say certification would be through his friend's company so might be some special nixer arrangement they have. He's based in Dublin 3.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                          In all possible worlds I'm not sure Top Gun: Maverick could have been much better. 5 gung-ho Wombats.
                                                                          The dialogue was ridiculous but the action scenes were great. I do feel personally offended by how youthful Cruise looks though.

Comment

Any of you racing aficionados know anything of this Alan Richardson training out of Baldoyle?

Comment

Any of you racing aficionados know anything of this Alan Richardson training out of Baldoyle?
                                                                              Could be a lad who has a lot of trotting horse with his family
                                                                              very successful in that game might be branching out to the sport of kings if they found a good horse

Comment

Louis CK and Shane Gillis talking about American Presidents is the kind of thing that you tubes algorithm doesn't spit out

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                  Found this youtuber and actually really convinced me that I could with a bit of practice stop being an absolute waste of space on a golf course.

Would be interesting in seeing if there was gear that a course would loan out to video/trace. Even if that was €60 a round and you only did it 2/3 times a year it would be a cool way to track progress.

Was out on a golf trip with some buddies from Calgary this weekend and Adam was with us. I played two rounds with him, lovely lovely guy. Seems to be going from strength to strength too. He is gonna do some promo stuff with me on the app.
                                                                                  This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                  All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                  The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post

They've completely revamped the front 9 on The Island. I believe it started off with 8 par 4s in a row but that's changed since 2020. Never played it before then. Starts off 4,4,5,3 now. Also think 1 is in the conversation for best opening tee shot in the country!

Portmarnock didn't blow me away either but I thought it was excellent and the best conditioned course I've ever played. Have Adare in a couple of months which should top it but never seen anything like it. I understand when people talk about 'the more you play it the more you appreciate it'. I'd say playing it a few times would see it move close to the top of my own list.
                                                                                    Yes i haven’t played it since they remodelled it, and yes I was 8 PAr 4s in a row which I didn’t like (typo on first). WIll have to try out the new one, you’ve jogged my memory now of an IR article at the time it reopened.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post

Was out on a golf trip with some buddies from Calgary this weekend and Adam was with us. I played two rounds with him, lovely lovely guy. Seems to be going from strength to strength too. He is gonna do some promo stuff with me on the app.
                                                                                      He seems like such a sound fella with zero bs. An unbelievably good putter of the ball. Love his videos as the distances and shots are very relatable for most amateurs.

Emmet, how's the golf going these days? Have you been practicing much or doing lessons?

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                        .

Would be interesting in seeing if there was gear that a course would loan out to video/trace. Even if that was €60 a round and you only did it 2/3 times a year it would be a cool way to track progress.
                                                                                        There’s a guy who splits his time between the Spawell & Tramore who I know rented out one of the Mevo trackers for approx 25-30e to be used at the range.
                                                                                        Not sure if he’ll allow you use it on the course though.

If you felt it was something you would use then you could buy one of the Garmin R10’s. I read a while ago that they were quite accurate, set you back around 600e.

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post

There’s a guy who splits his time between the Spawell & Tramore who I know rented out one of the Mevo trackers for approx 25-30e to be used at the range.
                                                                                          Not sure if he’ll allow you use it on the course though.

If you felt it was something you would use then you could buy one of the Garmin R10’s. I read a while ago that they were quite accurate, set you back around 600e.
                                                                                          For video and shot tracer it's very simple to do. Any decent mobile plus the shot tracer app. Add a battery pack and tripod to complete the kit. Obviously you can shoot the video with a decent dedicated camera and edit in the shot info later.

I'd feel like it'd be a bit of a pain in the hole to do on your own carrying it all around and then having to get set up correctly in frame for each shot. Then go through your routine, collect everything and go again to the next position while keeping pace.

Comment

Serious stuff. I want more shots lads

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post

For video and shot tracer it's very simple to do. Any decent mobile plus the shot tracer app. Add a battery pack and tripod to complete the kit. Obviously you can shoot the video with a decent dedicated camera and edit in the shot info later.

I'd feel like it'd be a bit of a pain in the hole to do on your own carrying it all around and then having to get set up correctly in frame for each shot. Then go through your routine, collect everything and go again to the next position while keeping pace.
                                                                                              If you set up a camera mount on the trolley it would be pretty easy to get into the habit of parking it behind the tee box. Might not get every shot perfectly, but for relatively low effort you’d pick up most shots rather than painstakingly setting up a camera perfectly for every shot.

Comment

Decent LOL to start the week with

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post

If you set up a camera mount on the trolley it would be pretty easy to get into the habit of parking it behind the tee box. Might not get every shot perfectly, but for the relatively low effort you’d pick up most shots rather than painstakingly setting up a camera perfectly for every shot.
                                                                                                  You can definitely do that with one of those spider leg mini mounts, they can be attached very easily. Actually, a stand/carry bag would be even easier than a trolley to move position.

Comment

You can definitely do that with one of those spider leg mini mounts, they can be attached very easily. Actually, a stand/carry bag would be even easier than a trolley to move position.
                                                                                                    I was thinking something more like a clamp mount or a hot shoe. That would point in a really consistent direction. Whereas a spider mount (if we’re talking about the same thing) might get knocked about and move a bit.

Either bag or trolley would work, just get into the habit of leaving it directly behind you

Comment

Probably the wrong place for this but....
                                                                                                      They should change the name of PokerStars to either "get it in with Aces pre and lose" or "get it in with flopped set of Aces v nothing and lose to runner runner" or "get it in on at least 30 turns from 70 to 95% favourite and lose."
                                                                                                      Lose to table donkey 3 in a row x 80% fave and watch as he fu is it all away to the tightest of tight German "I have ze top set" merchants.(Tight Germans Aces hold for some reason)
                                                                                                      Take breather. Get back in oh ...AAKJ get it in v Akkx nice hand well played.

Jesus H Christ on a fucking sidecar.

Fuck off.

Comment

Originally posted by dinekes View Post
                                                                                                        Probably the wrong place for this but....
                                                                                                        They should change the name of PokerStars to either "get it in with Aces pre and lose" or "get it in with flopped set of Aces v nothing and lose to runner runner" or "get it in on at least 30 turns from 70 to 95% favourite and lose."
                                                                                                        Lose to table donkey 3 in a row x 80% fave and watch as he fu is it all away to the tightest of tight German "I have ze top set" merchants.(Tight Germans Aces hold for some reason)
                                                                                                        Take breather. Get back in oh ...AAKJ get it in v Akkx nice hand well played.

Jesus H Christ on a fucking sidecar.

Fuck off.
                                                                                                        Move up levels

Comment

I thought so too, but Adam recorded every shot this weekend and he was as fast as anyone else. He loves it. Its hilarious watching him set up, go through the pre shot and then hook one off the planet and club toss. I don't think those ones make the vids but they should.

He's a solid enough player though.
                                                                                                          All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                          The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Anyone ever play Cruit Island?
                                                                                                            lovely rugged course, go for the views and the layout rather than the condition. There’s a lovely Par 3 over the Atlantic which is worth it. It’s 2* 9’s by the way, and I think green fees are around E25-35

Comment

Does anyone have a link to the other golf guy that does youtube videos where he goes around with crap guys picking clubs for them and helping them play better? Think he's South African maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                                                Does anyone have a link to the other golf guy that does youtube videos where he goes around with crap guys picking clubs for them and helping them play better? Think he's South African maybe.
                                                                                                                Golf Sidekick?

Comment

Yeah that's him, thanks

Comment

Dooks with an Open singles tomorrow followed by Tralee on Wednesday.

I had it earmarked a few months ago but couldn’t make it work, 120e all in for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post
                                                                                                                      lovely rugged course, go for the views and the layout rather than the condition. There’s a lovely Par 3 over the Atlantic which is worth it. It’s 2* 9’s by the way, and I think green fees are around E25-35
                                                                                                                      Yeah, used to be a member. Just curious if anyone had played it. That Par 3 is fun, can be a soft wedge or full 4 iron

Comment

If you're going to talk about golf incessantly at least put up pix of yourself in your finest Pringle sweater so the rest of us can have a laugh.

Speaking of which, what's the difference between a hippo and a zippo?
                                                                                                                        SPOILER
                                                                                                                        One is extremely heavy and the other is a little lighter.

Comment

Big Yin check in. Still alive Dee .

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X