This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
    Obviously a few extra quid but worth it.
    This is such a Mickey mouse issue I'm sure I come off as a twat for saying it
    but we've had Euros for 20 fecking years!

Move with the times grandad.

Comment

Now "riding" on the other hand,
      well imo that's a private matter
      between a man and his horse(s).
      Last edited by DeeBrown; 15-08-22, 19:44.

Comment

Inflation in the stock market is fun.

X companies share price goes up by 10% over the course a year, which sounds good, but inflation is 10%, so actually, you are just treading water. Until you sell of course and pay half the "gains" in CGT.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
          IPBs sanctimonious attitude towards hitches public affairs is really quite astounding. Look if you want to get married to the first women you felt comfortable with and have a lifetime of mediocre sex that's fine, no judgement here, but it's hardly something to be proud of.
          The sex doesn’t have to be mediocre and really shouldn’t be.

If it is then it probably always was but you the excitement of something new disguised the fact for a short period of time.

No judgement here either on hitch not the only lad I know who is doing the same. I don’t know where people find the time tbh.

Comment

Looks like Lolerpool have finally found their new Suarez.

Couldn't actually believe the stupidity of that. Poor Klopp.
            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post

If it is then it probably always was but you the excitement of something new disguised the fact for a short period of time.

No judgement here either on hitch not the only lad I know who is doing the same. I don’t know where people find the time tbh.
              Sure it doesn't have to be, but the average Irish guy who marries young is not leading a full and interesting sex life

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post

Nobody else surprised by the premature ejaculation revelation? I've always been at the opposite end of that spectrum, in like after an hour or so you just get tired need and go to sleep. Not a huge sample size, and 20/1 male to female. But literally 1 lifetime orgasm brought about by an interaction with a person. Should have stuck with window frames
                Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Presume there's someone here who can tell me what type of chopping board is best and where to get it to save me researching?

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                    Looks like Lolerpool have finally found their new Suarez.

Couldn't actually believe the stupidity of that. Poor Klopp.
                    I've been watching since this post, Liverpool playing as if they had eleven men

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                          Presume there's someone here who can tell me what type of chopping board is best and where to get it to save me researching?
                          Bunbury Boards are personalised cheese boards and chopping boards made in Ireland from sustainable Irish wood.

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

No judgment on Hitch (or Theresa’s) escapades but maximum judgement for their decision to post “hope you’re ok hun” level vaguebook posts on a forum that was founded with degeneracy as one of its founding principles. Shame
                            Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

Originally posted by DeeBrown View Post

This is such a Mickey mouse issue I'm sure I come off as a twat for saying it
                              but we've had Euros for 20 fecking years!

Move with the times grandad.
                              Always thought "quid" was just a generic name for currency worldwide; but apparently has british connotations. As in, i would have thought if i went to Thailand and said i had 10k quid (in bahts), it was just the thing.

Learn... New...Day etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post

It's great story, well worth a read, full of ego and hubris. I also think learning the story of Pimco is very important to make sense of the financial world.
                                I deal with them all the time so I’d be interested to hear the genesis. Their office in Newport Beach is just paradise (for an office). Will buy so…

Comment

There's a gizillion slang terms for money bread, bucks, Benjamin's, rolos, moola .........

Bread comes from cockney slang,
                                  bread and honey = money.
                                  Bucks are generic to any currency
                                  denoted in dollars. Australia, Canada etc.
                                  Benjamin's are USA dollars
                                  in honour of Benjamin Franklins image.

Rolos is peculiar to my grandmother
                                  who never quite moved from punts to Euros.

Moola has, to my knowledge,
                                  no connection to the Islamic religion.

Best stop now as my
                                  prejudices may be bubbling to the surface.

WE USE EUROS not "quid".

Comment

Met a few people last week who were complaining of long Covid symptoms like tinnitus and muscle pain. Probably more to it than post viral fatigue syndrome, coincidence or general hypochondria.
                                    Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                      Met a few people last week who were complaining of long Covid symptoms like tinnitus and muscle pain. Probably more to it than post viral fatigue syndrome, coincidence or general hypochondria.
                                      I know two guys in their mid-late 30s who I’m sold on having it. It’s more the latter as both are decent athletes, one of them has completed multiple Ironman’s in good times but struggling to shake it after a 2nd dose.

I suffered some form of after effects for 3-4 weeks, quite similar to bad allergies which I’ve never suffered from previously.
                                      They subsided after treatment for that but I’d say I was suffering in some form or another for approx 6 weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                        I've only met one person (former work colleague). She's in her 50s and fit as a fiddle. Regular middle distance runner and does the odd marathon. Covid knocked her for six. Months of lethargy, fatigue and only managing small runs (5k on a good day). She could randomly get out of breath after a couple of km or doing some housework and just have to quit it entirely. Energy and breathing were the main symptoms. She never mentioned anything else. Her husband by comparison got a very mild dose, essentially asymptomatic. He continued to work out as normal throughout and only felt off for 1-2 days.

There was an interesting study on long covid I caught wind of last year. I think it was in Scotland. Essentially the Dr involved believed that the damage/change was on a cellular sized level in the lungs. In essence, an x-ray or typical examination showed no obvious physical damage or inflammation. The theory was that the cells were absorbing oxygen at a significantly reduced level of efficiency which was proposed as the cause of fatigue. They were using MRI and a mixture of Xenon/air to detect the rate at which the gas was being absorbed in the lungs to compare against a healthy person. I can't find it on google but I'd love to know how the results turned out.

Comment

I wonder what the new variant ahead of the winter will be? Hopefully not a more severe one. I haven't caught it yet as far as I know, probably won't avoid it altogether though, so a matter of time.

Comment

Had to use and pay a ridiculous amount for an Architect to sort planning permission for an Attic conversion because it has a Dormer Window. Permission granted. Dealing with the Architect was as bad as an experience of dealing with someone offering a service as i can remember. Reluctant to go back to him for our Commencement notice. Does anyone have any experience getting this together themselves? Do i actually need him?

Comment

My application to avant for a mortgage switch was rejected yesterday apparently because of something to do with an apartment I co-own that is rented out now. Anyhow, in a coincidence, I see Avant today have put up their fixed rates pretty significantly. Their 7 year rate is now 2.95% for LTV less than 60% which is what I was going for.

Hopefully I'll get a switch locked in soon before everywhere goes up. I have 1 year left on my current fixed rate.

Comment

There's a gizillion slang terms for money bread, bucks, Benjamin's, rolos, moola .........

Bread comes from cockney slang,
                                                bread and honey = money.
                                                Bucks are generic to any currency
                                                denoted in dollars. Australia, Canada etc.
                                                Benjamin's are USA dollars
                                                in honour of Benjamin Franklins image.

Rolos is peculiar to my grandmother
                                                who never quite moved from punts to Euros.

Moola has, to my knowledge,
                                                no connection to the Islamic religion.

Best stop now as my
                                                prejudices may be bubbling to the surface.

WE USE EUROS not "quid".
                                                Quid is of pretty obscure origin. Some suggest it comes for irish soldiers in the "mo chuid". In which is could apply to any currency.
                                                I wouldn't be confused if somebody used it for euro... no S btw - euro not euros

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                  no S btw - euro not euros
                                                  Both are correct these days I believe. Probably due to the non-binary people.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                    Both are correct these days I believe. Probably due to the non-binary people.
                                                    Euro was the official plural, probably more common in print. Euros in speech, might even be recognised. Mainly poking fun at the stop saying quid idea. Is it quid or quids?

Comment

Quids in baby not Quid

Comment

€4 midweek pints in JT Pims is dangerous tack

Comment

Irish record in the Mens 100m on the cards. Semi final 3 will be on in approx 5 mins

Comment

Even better, auto qualifies to the final in the toughest heat.

Comment

I know they weren't expecting Israel Olatunde to qualify but RTE can't seriously be going to show Rangers v PSV instead of the 100M final

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To...
                                                                Tried a joint last night. To fit in with the locals. Jesus it knocked me for six. Maybe there's some things you shouldn't do after 40. Fell out of bed in the middle of the night. Ouch my head hurts.
                                                                Did it at least help you to
                                                                Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To...
                                                                work out what's going on in my life.
                                                                ?

If not, maybe try booze tonight. Appreciate you are likely well ahead of this idea.

"We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post

Mainly poking fun at the stop saying quid idea.
                                                                  I put myself in the same camp as grammar Nazis.
                                                                  I may be technically correct but saying it makes me look sanctimonius.

The intention and meaning of quid,
                                                                  or any phrase in common usage,
                                                                  is crystal clear and therefore is
                                                                  an appropriate form of communication.

Comment

Fantastic dynamic in the 1500m final event of the decathlon. Leader going into the final had 27 seconds on guy in 3rd who was more likely to challenge than the guy in 2nd.
                                                                    1st place athlete finishes in last while 3rd place guy wins the event comfortably running a pb to win the overall.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                      I know they weren't expecting Israel Olatunde to qualify but RTE can't seriously be going to show Rangers v PSV instead of the 100M final
                                                                      You will be delighted to hear that Sein Fein are bringing in emergency legislation to have the race shown rather than the Huns 2nd half
                                                                      a forward thinking party

Comment

Fair play to him beating Paul Hessian's 20 year old Irish record by running 10:17 In the final.

Comment

Fair play to him beating Paul Hessian's 20 year old Irish record by running 10:17 In the final.
                                                                          Absolutely and closing on the leaders in the latter half too.

Women’s final was a good watch. GB athletes clearly very annoyed by the prep

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post

Absolutely and closing on the leaders in the latter half too.
                                                                            Looks like he's the potential to pick up most of the 0.17 from the blocks and first few strides

Comment

Amazing stuff! His reaction to it was wonderful
                                                                              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

The Javelin.

Comment

Contractually obliged to show UEFA Champions League on the main channel I'd assume.

Comment

flight to lisbon @ 6.45am, heading to the airport for 3.30am
                                                                                    haven't been to bed, just realised airbnb host hasn't been in touch to organize keys...
                                                                                    should be a fun day tomorrow (later)
                                                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Was asking my cousin about Theresa but she hadn’t heard from her, anyone else?

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                        flight to lisbon @ 6.45am, heading to the airport for 3.30am
                                                                                        haven't been to bed, just realised airbnb host hasn't been in touch to organize keys...
                                                                                        should be a fun day tomorrow (later)
                                                                                        Car park to departures... 7 mins
                                                                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

So 8 of us in a Finnish country cottage. Only 1 gets devoured by mosquitos . ME

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                                                            So 8 of us in a Finnish country cottage. Only 1 gets devoured by mosquitos . ME
                                                                                            If the rest of them are Finnish, or as in your lads, have Finnish blood well then to the Mossy you're an exotic delicacy.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

If the rest of them are Finnish, or as in your lads, have Finnish blood well then to the Mossy you're an exotic delicacy.
                                                                                              I'll take that as its the only sentence ever where Exotic and me are n the same sentence. . Eat away ya bastards . Itchy as fuck .

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

I'll take that as its the only sentence ever where Exotic and me are n the same sentence. . Eat away ya bastards . Itchy as fuck .
                                                                                                Get to a chemist, those bites can get infected from scratching. Think its called Tiger Balm, green stuff in a small jar..excellent itch relief.
                                                                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

Played Quail Hollow GC yesterday, such a gorgeous track steeped in history and the green mile lives up to expectations. They are about 50% into the preparations for the Presidents cup so the course closes on Friday and you can see the stands etc around the greens and fairways, it’s some monster from the tips! Shot 40/47 which I was actually pretty happy with. The best part about it is probably the houses overlooking it, never seen anything like it.

Comment

I love this guy's videos. He's absurd, picking up languages for the craic.

The interactions become so different as soon as he 'switches on' - it's really cool to see.

Comment

Been taking the same flight weekly and the security queues in Dublin
                                                                                                      are noticeably improving.

Comment

I'd say that costs a few quid.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post

The interactions become so different as soon as he 'switches on' - it's really cool to see.

That's fantastic. What a cool guy. Jesus to be able to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post

One of the coolest things I’ve seen, that so enjoyable/wholesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

I'd say that costs a few quid.
                                                                                                              EUROS!

(or euro if you speak Mellor)

Comment

Donegal (+ Sligo/Mayo) >>>>>>>>Kerry (+ Clare) for golf AINEC

more top links, way better value + they don’t treat you like a piece of dirt if you aren’t a rich yank
                                                                                                                Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

The world athletics championships were on earlier this summer- don’t seem to recall them being shown on Irish TV or getting much coverage yet they seem to be all over the euros

find it hard to get interested in them now and used to watch a lot/participate

Comment

Originally posted by MysteryGuest View Post
                                                                                                                    Donegal (+ Sligo/Mayo) >>>>>>>>Kerry (+ Clare) for golf AINEC

more top links, way better value + they don’t treat you like a piece of dirt if you aren’t a rich yank

Comment

I get the 07:30 to Heathrow weekly. I leave my house in Foxrock at 06:10 and have done for the past 6 weeks with no issues. During June I gave it a bit more time but never found it was as bad as the media portrayed (granted I fly from T2). Dublin airport is a breeze these days, especially early in the mornings.

Comment

Originally posted by MysteryGuest View Post
                                                                                                                        The world athletics championships were on earlier this summer- don’t seem to recall them being shown on Irish TV or getting much coverage yet they seem to be all over the euros

find it hard to get interested in them now and used to watch a lot/participate
                                                                                                                        RTE haven't picked up the Worlds in a long time - they were on the BBC last month but were a difficult watch timezone wise being in Oregon (and other editions recently have been in Beijing, Daegu, Osaka etc.) Can see why RTE don't bother with the Worlds. European Championships probably comes as a freebie through EBU, has 50+ Irish athletes qualified and is always on at a decent time.

I find them enjoyable enough, always watch them. Although you have to be realistic about the actual merits of getting to a European semi/final in events where Americans, Africans or Jamaicans would be dominant at World level.

Comment

EUROS!

(or euro if you speak Mellor)
                                                                                                                          What's your take on Dosh?
                                                                                                                          ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X