This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

What if 2nd shot goes into the hole, do you bother with the full 3 minutes . Do you insta declare it lost ? I think you can't play the 2nd ball until you do the above 1st.
    You have no obligation to look for your first, but your opponents can.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
      Golf Rues Question

Links golf. Hit first drive long but into junk long grass.

Hit provisional ball not as long but on fairway.

Hit provisional again.

Can I now look for the first ball or has the provisional become my live playing ball?
      Was the junk grass staked or marked? If its red, or yellow you can't hit a provisional until you go up there, look and declare it lost afaik.
      If its OB, then you can hit a provisional straight away. I assume it wasn't staked at all just awful fescue.

In your case, you'd be DQ'd.

You need to make a decision (declare it lost, or confirm it lost by spending 3 mins), and then act on it.
      You can't give yourself a choice.
      This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
      All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
      The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Hillary was Trumps greatest advantage.
        Bill vs Trump would have been a landslide
        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

I understand that but my point really was ' she got so many votes merely on the back of being a Democrat. Both parties are a mess that i doubt the swingers will count so much . The base on boths sides will continue as normal. Ive seen nothing from the Reps to tempt a swinger really . So folk saying the dems have no chance are off . Spam etc
          I'm sure there's decent money to be made by securitising batches of swing voters in Nevada, Arizona, Pennsylvania Wisconsin, Georgia and Michigan.

Probably be a hell of a lot cheaper for campaigns just to bribe those voters direct and ignore everyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post

As for the next election, if this place has taught me one thing it's to not trust what anyone here predicts.
            Did the BBV not do pretty well out of the last election?

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post

Was the junk grass staked or marked? If its red, or yellow you can't hit a provisional until you go up there, look and declare it lost afaik.
              If its OB, then you can hit a provisional straight away. I assume it wasn't staked at all just awful fescue.

You need to make a decision (declare it lost, or confirm it lost by spending 3 mins), and then act on it.
              If you find the ball then you have the option to go back to the tee also. (Can’t play the provisional in that case) If you don’t see it going into the hazard then you can’t say it went in and can play a provisional. If you subsequently find it in the hazard then it’s fine.

Sorry and to answer Wombat you can hit your provisional a second time once you declare it provisional again
              Last edited by elbows; 09-08-22, 20:04.
              His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

Yeah, we all bet on biden
                Last edited by Hectorjelly; 09-08-22, 20:40.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post

Yeah, well all bet on biden
                  I do remember huge amounts of panic though when it looked like Donald was going to steal it.

Comment

Originally posted by Degag View Post

I do remember huge amounts of panic though when it looked like Donald was going to steal it.
                    The Dems stole it. Get with the program.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

The Dems stole it. Get with the program.
                      Yes, deliberate choice of words on my part

Comment

SPOILER
                        TRUMP IS TOAST

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

That one was like shooting fish in a barrel, now advising it was insane to get Tesla stock and it subsequently 20x'ing

Comment

Found a new hipster place if my purchase falls through https://www.myhome.ie/residential/br...blin-7/4607448

Comment

That one was like shooting fish in a barrel, now advising it was insane to get Tesla stock and it subsequently 20x'ing
                              Tell the one about bottom ticking BOI shares with all the loots again

Comment

Found a new hipster place if my purchase falls through https://www.myhome.ie/residential/br...blin-7/4607448
                                Why does that place give the air of an alleyway between two buildings?

Been viewing a good few grand designs memes lately (in a perverse manner, as I swore blind I'd never watch a 'property show' for entertainment since buying my own) and the schadenfreude is immense.

Jaysus, pic no. 38
                                Last edited by Micknail; 09-08-22, 23:15.
                                ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

There’s a lady on Linkedin who does promotional work for businesses in the South East.
                                  She does promos such as
                                  “this is what you can get in Dublin for 150K but look what you can get in the South East”.

However, now when I see what you shared and what you can get for similar money down here, I feel the gap has narrowed very significantly

Comment

Cool story. on how a big name youtube streamer got scammed out of 100k which is kinda poker related. I don't think many people would take a bet on this guy never scamming or gambling again.

Comment

My wife rented that very house when we met. Savage place for a bbq party with the 2 decks upstairs and the open plan.

Water pressure was excellent too.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post

from golf digest

SPOILER

1. Know when you can play a provisional:
                                        If you think your ball might be lost outside a water hazard or out-of-bounds, you can put a backup ball into play.
                                        2. Announce your intention:
                                        The first thing you should do is say something like: "I'm gonna hit a provisional." Then go ahead and play the shot. Make sure your fellow-competitors hear you say this. That's important. Also, don't let your caddie or partner start searching for your original until after you hit the provisional. Finally, remember that you're allowed to go forward some 50 yards without losing your option to return to the spot where you last played, and hit a provisional.
                                        3. Keep hitting your provisional ball until you reach the area where your original ball might be lost:
                                        There's no limit to the number of strokes you can take with a provisional ball. If your original is found, disregard the strokes and any penalties you might've incurred with the provisional. Continue with your original.
                                        4. You have five minutes to find the original:
                                        The clock starts the minute you or your partner (or either of your caddies) begins to search. If you don't find it, the provisional is in play, and you incur the stroke-and-distance penalty for losing the original ball.
                                        5. You must abandon your provisional ball if your original isn't lost or out-of-bounds, or you determine that it's in a water hazard:
                                        Conversely, anytime you hit a great provisional shot, you might not want to find your original ball. If someone finds it before you play a shot with the provisional, the first ball is the one you must play.
                                        6. If you're 99.9 percent sure your ball went into a water hazard, don't hit a provisional:
                                        Once you re-hit from the same spot, that new ball is in play (with a stroke added to your score). You've forfeited the right to drop up by the hazard.
                                        7. If you think your provisional might also be lost, hit another:

Comment

Fucking hell...
                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                                            This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Does anyone have a recommendation for a good driving instructor in South Dublin? My wife has a test upcoming in Deansgrange (in about two weeks I think), and could do with as many lessons as possible between now and then! Her preferred instructor is booked out through the rest of the month. Any recommendations would be most gratefully accepted!

Comment

If you go to switch a mortgage, does that really save money? Looking at my loan offer repayments, the interest vs principle repayments has the interest so heavily front loaded that if you switch you'll be back to the start and max interest again?

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                  Does anyone have a recommendation for a good driving instructor in South Dublin? My wife has a test upcoming in Deansgrange (in about two weeks I think), and could do with as many lessons as possible between now and then! Her preferred instructor is booked out through the rest of the month. Any recommendations would be most gratefully accepted!
                                                  Hi

ill send u a number
                                                  my sons passed with him after about 15 lessons learning for zero

Comment

The IRFU statement has attracted a bit of twitter attention but this one stood out as complete nonsense. I've absolutely no idea what this person is trying to say here. It's like a secret trans code or something.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                      The IRFU statement has attracted a bit of twitter attention but this one stood out as complete nonsense. I've absolutely no idea what this person is trying to say here. It's like a secret trans code or something.
                                                      Not sure what you think is nonsensical about it. He's arguing that if trans women are banned from women's rugby, it follows that trans men shouldn't be playing rugby with cis men either.
                                                      Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

Not sure what you think is nonsensical about it. He's arguing that if trans women are banned from women's rugby, it follows that trans men shouldn't be playing rugby with cis men either.
                                                        All the AMAB AFAB whatever stuff is nonsensical to me. I genuinely can't make head nor tail of the tweet. What do the letters mean. What's a cis. I'm sure he knows what he's trying to say and you seem to know but I don't follow this stuff and have no idea which is why I find it nonsensical.

Comment

All the AMAB AFAB whatever stuff is nonsensical to me. I genuinely can't make head nor tail of the tweet. What do the letters mean. What's a cis. I'm sure he knows what he's trying to say and you seem to know but I don't follow this stuff and have no idea which is why I find it nonsensical.
                                                          He is trying to say I’m “honestly” progressive ladies please sleep with me.

Comment

AMAB = assigned male at birth etc. Cisgendered is anyone whose gender identity is the same as the gender they were assigned at birth.
                                                            Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Could also be translated as “why are you wasting time trying to decipher gibberish on an online nut asylum that receives an inordinate amount of attention from useless journalists and in no way reflects what’s going on in the real world”
                                                              Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

AMAB = assigned male at birth etc. Cisgendered is anyone whose gender identity is the same as the gender they were assigned at birth.
                                                                'Assigned'.

Comment

What are the trains like from Luton airport to London? (And is Luton less/more shit than other London airports?)

Comment

So I was right. A load of nonsense

Comment

What are the trains like from Luton airport to London? (And is Luton less/more shit than other London airports?)
                                                                      Grand if i remember correctly. There is a 5 min bus journey between terminal and train station i think. Airport itself is grand as airports go.

Comment

Would an electrician doing a nixer be able to certify their work?

Out of the four trades we're using he's the only one doing it for cash. The whole certification thing only dawned on me.
                                                                        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

If you go to switch a mortgage, does that really save money? Looking at my loan offer repayments, the interest vs principle repayments has the interest so heavily front loaded that if you switch you'll be back to the start and max interest again?
                                                                          Interest isn’t really front loaded. Its fixed and reduces with the principle. Whereas repayments become larger relative to the principle.

If you pay off X years and switch provider, you bring those relative changes with you. Mortgages are calculated monthly, the time passes is irrelevant.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                            Would an electrician doing a nixer be able to certify their work?

Out of the four trades we're using he's the only one doing it for cash. The whole certification thing only dawned on me.
                                                                            Ours is cash and he said he has certification lined up, via some buddy of his.

Comment

Oooh eeeee ohhhh

Comment

Well it is nonsense.

Trans men are at a disadvantage. They accept that if they choose to play rugby. It’s their choice, it only affects themselves
                                                                                Trans women have an advantage. Their choice to play disadvantages others who had no part in the decision.
                                                                                ​​

So I was right. A load of nonsense
                                                                                His point is nonsense. But cis- is just the opposite to trans- in Latin. Less common than trans-, but not particularly niche. The acronym is a bit of a mouthful, but pretty clear what they mean.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post

Well it is nonsense.

Trans men are at a disadvantage. They accept that if they choose to play rugby. It’s their choice, it only affects themselves
                                                                                  Trans women have an advantage. Their choice to play disadvantages others who had no part in the decision.
                                                                                  ​​

His point is nonsense. But cis- is just the opposite to trans- in Latin. Less common than trans-, but not particularly niche. The acronym is a bit of a mouthful, but pretty clear what they mean.
                                                                                  You don't see many words starting with cis though.

Transport. Cisport.
                                                                                  Transfix. Cisfix.
                                                                                  Transcript. Ciscript.

I submit that 'cis' should remain the sole preserve of a short- lived attempt to replace the USSR and not be drawn into bolloxology.

Comment

Oooh eeeee ohhhh
                                                                                    That's trainsphobic!
                                                                                    Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

You don't see many words starting with cis though.

Transport. Cisport.
                                                                                      Transfix. Cisfix.
                                                                                      Transcript. Ciscript.
                                                                                      In each those words Cis wouldn’t make any sense though. There’s not really an opposite of transport.
                                                                                      But take say transalpine. Cisalpine (on this side of the alps) is a geographical term. Also used in chemistry I believe in regards to molecular structure.

Obviously, it’s still quite uncommon. But is that actually relevant? What does a Latin root matter once once you know what the intended meaning?
                                                                                      We all know what transgender means. A word to describe the alternate is not a big deal.

Comment

Biden appears to be getting a decent amount of stuff through now it seems?

Interest isn’t really front loaded. Its fixed and reduces with the principle. Whereas repayments become larger relative to the principle.

If you pay off X years and switch provider, you bring those relative changes with you. Mortgages are calculated monthly, the time passes is irrelevant.
                                                                                        That's ok, it probably just looks like stark drop as the variable rate after my fixed term is actually much lower which isn't usual atm.
                                                                                        Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 10-08-22, 22:00.

Comment

Luton can be hit and miss. If there are queues for the bus to the train station you could be wasting a lot of time. Much easier to book a minicab beforehand if you're 2+ people. Not worth the aggro.

Comment

That's ok, it probably just looks like stark drop as the variable rate after my fixed term is actually much lower which isn't usual atm.
                                                                                            Same thing happen to me when I fixed 2/3rds right at the start of covid. The variable dropped lower so there was no point offsetting.
                                                                                            But variable has spiked now, luckily only impacts a fraction but will have to check the market when it times out next year.

Comment

That's trainsphobic!

Comment

Is there anything more cringe inducing than LinkedIn?

Comment

Is there anything more cringe inducing than LinkedIn?
                                                                                                  You mean the trend for people posting the heartrending tale of how they struggled with bereavement/cancer/transphobia()/obesity/take your pick, only to battle through and still have a career that gave true meaning to their life?

It's really fucking weird, like some reality show on steroids.

Comment

Wonder how the Twitter addicts are going to cope with the rolling blackouts this winter?
                                                                                                    do get the sense normal people are starting to wake up the fact that there are exceptionally grim times ahead- lots of unprompted mentions over past week from people who I wouldn’t have expected it from.

blaxkouts in England and Ireland during big World Cup games will be a real eye opener. Pray we have a windy winter
                                                                                                    Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

You mean the trend for people posting the heartrending tale of how they struggled with bereavement/cancer/transphobia()/obesity/take your pick, only to battle through and still have a career that gave true meaning to their life?

It's really fucking weird, like some reality show on steroids.
                                                                                                      It's the worst. I'm really not cut out for it, but am forced to take part.

I don't think it's fakery either, I've witnessed and cringed at it in the flesh any time I've been to some businessy networking thing.

Comment

Off to Finland later. Not doing the luggage lottery . Hand luggage only. Buy cheap and cheerful when we get there . Fk that suitcase over packing crap .

Checked in already

Comment

It's the worst. I'm really not cut out for it, but am forced to take part.

I don't think it's fakery either, I've witnessed and cringed at it in the flesh any time I've been to some businessy networking thing.
                                                                                                          I had my account in hibernation until recently but switched it back on after all the job talk here.

It’s a crazy place. One thing I find particularly odd is when people have that “Open to Work” tag on their profile picture but actually have a job.

Not sure what I’d do if I was their manager

Comment

Lads here saying they don't understand what acronyms like AMAB mean or that using "cis" to remove any sense of othering is all silly and we don't need it has a real bang of Abe Simpson off it.

"I used to be with ‘it’, but then they changed what ‘it’ was. Now what I’m with isn’t ‘it’ anymore and what’s ‘it’ seems weird and scary. It’ll happen to you!"

It's also super redolent of bygone discussions about homosexuality.

Be careful not to turn into the uncle everyone has to apologise for at weddings lads.
                                                                                                            You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                                            World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Absolutely perfect when I was there. Flew in there from Kerry recently and got a train into the middle of the city with ease for peanuts.

Comment

Looking forward to my next wedding so i can outrage the sycophantic populists . Lots of fun ahead .

Comment

Well it is nonsense.

​​
                                                                                                                  A million times this.
                                                                                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post

Absolutely perfect when I was there. Flew in there from Kerry recently and got a train into the middle of the city with ease for peanuts.
                                                                                                                    Would the time/distance from Kerry to Cork airport be similar to Waterford -> Dublin/Cork airports?

Feel I'm missing out on cheeky weekend trips to mainland Europe via a very local airport, but it would be a great little nixer for buying motorbikes on the continent and bringing them back, as Brexit has created a new market zone.
                                                                                                                    Last edited by Micknail; 11-08-22, 12:13.
                                                                                                                    ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post

Would the time/distance from Kerry to Cork airport be similar to Waterford -> Dublin/Cork airports?

Feel I'm missing out on cheeky weekend trips to mainland Europe, but it would be a great little nicer for buying motorbikes on the continent and bringing them back, as Brexit has created a new market zone.
                                                                                                                      Who wants a right hand drive motorbike ? ?
                                                                                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Was looking at stuff lately and seemingly....a big UFO announcement coming in the next week....I want to Believe !!
                                                                                                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

Mortgage Switching clip on Radio 1 this morning.

Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X