Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One sexy feature of the PS pension is if the grade you retired on gets a pay rise your pension gets the same pro rata pay rise.
    Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Signed up to tinder for my Dutch holiday next week. But forgot to change the location and its showing me a limited, but hot, selection of local chicks who have clicked like. Love this modern mode of immediate gratification.
      ​​​​
      Edit: I paid for the 'platinum' edition that shows people who liked you without you liking them. An absolute abonimation of the original tinder principles.
      Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 03-08-22, 22:20.
      "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
        Signed up to tinder for my Dutch holiday next week. But forgot to change the location and its showing me a limited, but hot, selection of local chicks who have clicked like. Love this modern mode of immediate gratification.
        ​​​​
        Edit: I paid for the 'platinum' edition that shows people who liked you without you liking them. An absolute abonimation of the original tinder principles.
        the company is struggling to make enough money to justify their outlandish valuation -

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com...w/93316317.cms

Great example of a great idea, ok business but crazy valuation - it's basically a commodity at this point

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
          One sexy feature of the PS pension is if the grade you retired on gets a pay rise your pension gets the same pro rata pay rise.
          Must have been some party times for PS retirees back in the benchmarking era.
          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

This Alex Jones thing is stunning. His lawyer obv intentionally leaked that. Jan 6 committee are apparently requesting the data. Juicy stuff.
            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

How early am I leaving for an 8.40 flight to London tomorrow.

presume 2 hrs is plenty now

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                This Alex Jones thing is stunning. His lawyer obv intentionally leaked that. Jan 6 committee are apparently requesting the data. Juicy stuff.
                Risks being disbarred if that's the case though right? The fact he sent medical records too would indicate incompetence, which should probably lead to being disbarred too.

It's beautiful watching it unfold though

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

Risks being disbarred if that's the case though right? The fact he sent medical records too would indicate incompetence, which should probably lead to being disbarred too.

It's beautiful watching it unfold though

Hoping he saw enough stuff to sink Trump and patriotically fell on his sword.

Comment

Not quite an NBA team but Bob has bought a lower league Spanish football team

Comment

My new number 2 in work headed home for a holiday last week as his mate was getting married - Home is Beirut.

He arrived back in the office this week with a present for me of two bottles of Chateau Musar.

Future holiday requests for travelling home will most certainly be approved

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                        Not quite an NBA team but Bob has bought a lower league Spanish football team
                        He swung a huge job with the Cuban’s Mavericks that time, so much so that apparently he had more power than the GM Donnie Nelson at the time.
                        He would have been a well respected GM as well.
                        Apparently the final straw was the tension he had with Luka Doncic who is arguably the biggest name in the sport under 30 yo.
                        Even to have got to a point where he had enough influence to piss off both of them is incredible.

I always thought Sam Hinkie who was GM of the Sixers during the height of his popularity would have brought him in as he was a real contrarian, very analytical etc.

Comment

Ah Jaysus , what'll i do abou me penshun?

Comment

One good thing about the wimmin winning the Euros .

Its now acceptable to go watch wimmins footie in the open as opposed to doing me back in peering/ perving through the bushes .

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                              One good thing about the wimmin winning the Euros .

Its now acceptable to go watch wimmins footie in the open as opposed to doing me back in peering/ perving through the bushes .
                              All waxed these days Solks.
                              This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post

Can confirm.
                                This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Paedos .

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                    Paedos .
                                    Grass on the pitch, play ball.

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Lads what the term used when a customer stays with a higher tariff instead of switching.
                                      Lethargy, complacency? Static??
                                      ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                                        Lads what the term used when a customer stays with a higher tariff instead of switching.
                                        Inertia is what I'd go with.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post

Is that the same for the women who still have penises? Asking for a friend
                                          Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

@sp; there is a new Slough House\Slow Horses book out. Enjoy!

Don't think I've laughed as much at a book series since the wonderful Backstrom books.

Comment

Inflation
                                              No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Stumbled across this today. 40 years ago now. Strange there hasn't been a full review.

Comment

Stayflation

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

Don't think I've laughed as much at a book series since the wonderful Backstrom books.
                                                    In the middle of it at the moment and I'm loving it. There are few interesting shifts in style that seem to be working out well. I had been sceptical bout the casting of Lamb in the the TV series but I hear every line of his in my head clearly in the voice of Gary Oldman.

Loved these lines , you just need to just replace 'Sparrow' with 'Cummins'

fjxEPlN.png
                                                    Attached Files
                                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post

Inertia is what I'd go with.
                                                      Thanks, it's a good definition of the situation.
                                                      Pretty much it's just easier staying where you are.
                                                      ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Has anyone bothered with the TV series?
                                                        ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

"Dinner in America" is a fun little movie.

Comment

...Hi all... Setting up this seasons FPL as after 10 successful years, IAGO has decided to hang up the coat as master of ceremonies... No changes to money/rules, just to the bank details and revolut ;)... 1. Main league- €30 per entry- Less than 30 runners, pay 3 top, more than 30 runners pay 4. 2. There is a H2H league

... Hi all, final chance to enter this seasons Fantasy premier league... PM for details or just post in the above link...

Comment

Has anyone bothered with the TV series?
                                                              I enjoyed it at about a 7/10 level. The books are far better.

Comment

If only I could read.
                                                                ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

If only I could read.
                                                                  Audiobooks obv.

Comment

Yep. Papergirls is decent enough.

Comment

^^^ another recent book adaptation

Comment

Last Chance Saloon for what, exactly?

Your friends lost youthful self?

Comment

Pray for zut

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To...
                                                                            Going to Burnt City next Friday.

SPOILER
                                                                            Asking for a friend - is that suitable for a date? Or would there be a more suitable immersive play.

I badly messed up the Naples. We were meant to go to Capri, but for a variety of reasons that didn't happen.

She's now in Cambridge (suggesting that intellectual brightness isn't strongly correlated with life brightness), and I feel this is last chance saloon.
                                                                            whilst it is brilliant, there is no talking and you will more than likely get separated following different story arcs or characters, although at the same time you'll be happy to find each other after

Comment

Pray for zut
                                                                              Now the fancy kitchen and expensive wine habit makes sense.

According to any old movie I ever watched, we just have to bake a hacksaw into a pink cake and ship it over to Mountjoy on visiting day.

Comment

In fairness, that's about the only way to pay maintenance bills!

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post

whilst it is brilliant, there is no talking and you will more than likely get separated following different story arcs or characters, although at the same time you'll be happy to find each other after
                                                                                  Ah? That doesn't seem like the best setup for bonding.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                    In fairness, that's about the only way to pay maintenance bills!
                                                                                    Is that advice for the future HH?

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

Ah? That doesn't seem like the best setup for bonding.
                                                                                      You thinking a double date would be better ?
                                                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Fascinating is maybe a better word than interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To...
                                                                                          Eek. Possibly. It can only end badly.
                                                                                          Maybe your friend should start thinking with the head attached to his neck.

If the other head overrides that, then grand but at least the first head can say he warned the other one.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                            Shows how good they got it when youd need 6.6 million in a private pension to match and the limit is 2 million, which 99% don't reach.
                                                                                            I read that 6.6m number in the article above. Doesn’t sound right though. Even after lump sum, there would be ~5m in the pot, at 4% that’s 200k a year.
                                                                                            Very rough numbers, but at around twice the above something is off.

What does a 2mil max pension pay out?

I also agree with Denny that 4% is very conservative. The relevant study was probably looking at a much longer retirement period.People are working longer, at a faster that than living longer

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                              What does a 2mil max pension pay out?
                                                                                              Assuming you ARF it and work off the 4% rule () - 500k tax free lump sum and 60k income.

Comment

Is that what the DCU heads are calling it now?

'Had a great coffee this morning, Jaysis 'twas mighty altogether.'
                                                                                                'Me too. A smooth Brazilian grind.'
                                                                                                'You're some man.'

Comment

Assuming you ARF it and work off the 4% rule () - 500k tax free lump sum and 60k income.
                                                                                                  That’s exactly what I was thinking. So 100k “only” needs 3.3m, not the 6.6m the article claimed.

Would be interested to see how many years survival 4% is based off. I expect 30+. And I’d probably want to be more aggressive in my spending in my 60s compared to 90s. Although I dint fully follow some of the Irish pension rules around salary. Oz system is simply. 10.5% pension is legal min, increasing to 12 over next few years. Top up for tax breaks as you approach retirement age.

Comment

The article is probably based on the cost of buying an annuity. Which would, without doing some maths, make the 6.6m sound kinda reasonable.

Comment

Foreign Policy produce mini-series every so often on different topics, some have grown legs like I-Spy which is interviews with ex-spies describing a specific mission.

They have another which they recently released called The Catch about global fish industry. This mainly focuses on squid near Peru but the discussion is about wider fishing industry and it could well turn into a longer running food sustainability podcast.

It’s only 3hrs over 6 episodes and I thought quite a few people here might like it for different reasons.
                                                                                                      The next time you order up some calamari, stop for a minute and think. Where does this actually come from? This summer, Foreign Policy is partnering with the Walton Family Foundation to bring you a new podcast: The Catch. Each episode offers a behind-the-scenes look at the current state of global fi…

Comment

Just subbed to I-spy, that sounds fascinating.

Cheers.

Comment

A few weeks ago I tried to eat ghost pepper chicken wings and couldn't even finish it one.

Last night I nailed a hot wing challenge. Other guys didn't even get half way through.

Never give up on your dreams.

I'll have to find more competitions. Be the Huck Seed of hot wings.

Comment

The article is probably based on the cost of buying an annuity. Which would, without doing some maths, make the 6.6m sound kinda reasonable.
                                                                                                            No idea what annuity rates would be but 2% seems absolutely terrible, if retiring at any sort of normal age. If retiring at 40, maybe.

Comment

A few weeks ago I tried to eat ghost pepper chicken wings and couldn't even finish it one.

Last night I nailed a hot wing challenge. Other guys didn't even get half way through.

Get Ballymaloe hot relish and put it on Everyrhing. It will take a brave Knight skilled with a sword to stop you terrorizing the villagers with your fiery breath .

I'm out , so my quest today is to seek out another jar.

Comment

Sounds like the prospect of a prop bet with self proclaimed "wing King", Iuckforsome

Comment

No idea what annuity rates would be but 2% seems absolutely terrible, if retiring at any sort of normal age. If retiring at 40, maybe.
                                                                                                                  They are terrible.

Comment

They are terrible.
                                                                                                                    Feels like those options exist because they benefit the seller.

Where’s the lump sum coke and hookers option

Comment

Legacy customer

Comment

Left a storage box with all my computing stuff in our kitchen before we went on holidays and builder/ electrician came in to do the rewire. Deliberately left it inside rather than in the shed where we put most things.
                                                                                                                        Now nowhere to be found (nothing else missing). I'll have to spend ~1k to replace. Monitors, docking station, headset, peripherals etc

Q: How do I play with the tradesfolk? My suspicion is they just fucked it in the skip. I'd like to tell them it's coming off their fees.
                                                                                                                        Or just suck it up.

Comment

Feels like those options exist because they benefit the seller.

Where’s the lump sum coke and hookers option
                                                                                                                          It's a reflection of the interest rate environment.

Maybe annuities will become a thing again if rates keep going up to historically normal levels. V can tell us more.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X