This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
    HJ is right about Tesco. The average worker looks like they died a few years ago and are just being reanimated for the purposes of standing around Tesco staring at the automated kiosks. In fairness, that's what the Haitian Dunnes girl does also, but she has a look about her.
    There's been plenty of hot Brazilians working in mine but unfortunately only one of the men hit on me

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
      Wife and kids away for weekend so off to celebrate Cam Smiths nice pocket money with an afternoon few Guinness and horse punting. Prefer to chat in the pub and not be constantly looking at the phone for bets so have come up with a novel approach today backing number 1 in every race today so if we happen to be watching a race I know who to cheer for. I doubt the punting purists would approve .51 bets. Check any balance tonight
      Pure bliss, enjoy.

Afternoon though, lol, you'll be on here having the craic at 5am after leaving the Sports
      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

'Roadrunner' that documentary about Anthony Bourdain is now on Netflix. Well worth a spin

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
          'Roadrunner' that documentary about Anthony Bourdain is now on Netflix. Well worth a spin

agree with that. loved it.

Comment

Does anyone watch Barry?

There was one moment there in S03E05 where he lets his guard down talking to the girlfriend that just has to go down as pure epic tv. Had to rewatch it a few times it was that good.
            "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Not sure what happened eith thr no 1 bets as ended up in Shelbournr with dobby drinkin rounds that cost far more. Currently in Bruxelkes trying to figure it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                Not sure what happened eith thr no 1 bets as ended up in Shelbournr with dobby drinkin rounds that cost far more. Currently in Bruxelkes trying to figure it out.
                tell dobby up kerry from me

Comment

Thought im steet smart but got done by a pickpocket fot the first time ever since 92 hitting town.. Thankfully dont do cash much so no loss but fml id kill the cunt if i got him

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

That was brilliant. Thanks for the heads up

Comment

Fml. Will I ever learn. Game should be fun tomorrow ffs

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

Pure bliss, enjoy.

Afternoon though, lol, you'll be on here having the craic at 5am after leaving the Sports
                        Check Mate

Comment

In Doolin for the weekend...hasnt stopped raining since we landed...good thing the pubs have roofs.
                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                            In Doolin for the weekend...hasnt stopped raining since we landed...good thing the pubs have roofs.
                            Same here, landed in West Kerry yesterday for the week, booked almost a year ago so happy coincidence with AI.

I have a couple of courses booked so fingers crossed it clears up in the next couple of days.

Its the first time I’ve ever felt I actually needed a break from work. I’ll take that as a sign of growing up.

Comment

I'm off to Maderia today no idea why I booked it because it looks very very boring

Tried to change it but was costing a fortune..with my expectations so low I'm hoping I might enjoy it. Anyone ever been there?
                              Her sky-ness
                              © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post

Same here, landed in West Kerry yesterday for the week, booked almost a year ago so happy coincidence with AI.

I have a couple of courses booked so fingers crossed it clears up in the next couple of days.

Its the first time I’ve ever felt I actually needed a break from work. I’ll take that as a sign of growing up.
                                Where are you playing
                                His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                  I'm off to Maderia today no idea why I booked it because it looks very very boring

Tried to change it but was costing a fortune..with my expectations so low I'm hoping I might enjoy it. Anyone ever been there?
                                  Theres a Travel Man episode with Ayoade and Robert Webb, but that programme never makes anywhere look too exciting.
                                  Travel Man: 48 Hours in...: Madeira - All 4 (channel4.com) (free to register)

The downhill sledge thing looks the most exciting thing
                                  Downhill Basket Travel with Robert Webb & Richard Ayoade at 30mph! - YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post

Theres a Travel Man episode with Ayoade and Robert Webb, but that programme never makes anywhere look too exciting.
                                    Travel Man: 48 Hours in...: Madeira - All 4 (channel4.com) (free to register)

The downhill sledge thing looks the most exciting thing
                                    Downhill Basket Travel with Robert Webb & Richard Ayoade at 30mph! - YouTube
                                    Joined a fb group a few weeks ago and actually made me dislike it more..if I was into hiking it would be ideal but unfortunately not lol

Either way will be interesting
                                    Her sky-ness
                                    © 5starpool

Comment

Had dinner in Seabank in Malahide last night somehow for the first time. Food was amazing. Seafood platter shared for starters and Monkfish Curry for main. They had Dover Sole that looked amazing too. Not cheap but well worth it. Decent Gavi Di Gavi to wash it down
                                      His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Seems like Madeira is a good place to go whale watching from.

Comment

Disgraceful scenes in choke park with the likes of me making it in on an all Ireland final day
                                          Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                            Does anyone watch Barry?

There was one moment there in S03E05 where he lets his guard down talking to the girlfriend that just has to go down as pure epic tv. Had to rewatch it a few times it was that good.
                                            I've watched two series but I'll predict the outcome
                                            SPOILER

It ends up that somehow she pretends it never happened[, if I'm right it will be the third time they've done that
                                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by MysteryGuest View Post
                                              Disgraceful scenes in choke park with the likes of me making it in on an all Ireland final day
                                              There were unsold tickets for the hurling last week.

Comment

Took the Dublin coach to airport as airport parking is gone so expensive..bus is fucking grim. There was a dirty tissue on the empty seat beside me which I had to flick off with my shoe. Rubbish all over the floor
                                                There is a lad sitting right in front of me and Holy fuck I'd say he hasn't washed himself or his clothes in months..its so bad I actually feel like puking.. Every breed of a fucking yoke on it
                                                Can't wait to get off and get air
                                                Her sky-ness
                                                © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post

Where are you playing
                                                  Dooks for definite. The original plan was Mahonys tomorrow but that might not suit so either the new Maine Valley course or Beaufort during the week.

Not sure if you’re going to Killarney for poker but I booked a line for the Friday Sept 30th, 2 spots available I’d say if you’re interested.

Thats an open invite to anyone interested of course and no need to confirm now, I can mention it again closer to the time.

Comment

Sometimes hackers win . Few trips to the range this week paying off . 40 points off 18 to take down society prize. A few birdie putts ( on the green counts right ). Love my new (2nd hand clubs now)

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                      Sometimes hackers win . Few trips to the range this week paying off . 40 points off 18 to take down society prize. A few birdie putts ( on the green counts right ). Love my new (2nd hand clubs now)
                                                      I’m going in the opposite direction, can’t seem to bring it together. As Switch will tell you, nobody has more swing thoughts than me.

I was out with a man on Friday off an index of -0.5, he’s in his 60s and he played what I would say is as close to perfect golf as an amateur could.
                                                      Incredible stuff, doesn’t hit it far or anything but the lack of mistakes.
                                                      I’ve played rounds with a few guys who are lower but he’s the only person I’ve ever played with where I’ve been blown away by their game.

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                        Took the Dublin coach to airport as airport parking is gone so expensive..bus is fucking grim. There was a dirty tissue on the empty seat beside me which I had to flick off with my shoe. Rubbish all over the floor
                                                        There is a lad sitting right in front of me and Holy fuck I'd say he hasn't washed himself or his clothes in months..its so bad I actually feel like puking.. Every breed of a fucking yoke on it
                                                        Can't wait to get off and get air
                                                        He’s obviously not a great traveller

Comment

I’m going in the opposite direction, can’t seem to bring it together. As Switch will tell you, nobody has more swing thoughts than me.

I was out with a man on Friday off an index of -0.5, he’s in his 60s and he played what I would say is as close to perfect golf as an amateur could.
                                                          Incredible stuff, doesn’t hit it far or anything but the lack of mistakes.
                                                          I’ve played rounds with a few guys who are lower but he’s the only person I’ve ever played with where I’ve been blown away by their game.
                                                          Dont get me wrong im pretty shit but i was less shit than i expected . I waaay off giving you types a game .

Comment

Good game, decent show from Galway

Comment

Shane Walsh didnt deserve to be on the losing side . Some poor decisions at the end . Inexperience.

Kerry never looked like losing it.

Comment

Turns out my tickets to the final were double booked, and we arrived 5 mins after the other guys. So had to hoof it to the bar to watch it on the big screen.

Not too disappointed though as some nice birds on view at the pub we were in and a good craic was had by all.

Great to see Kerry win after a few years in the wilderness... Proper order is restored!
                                                                No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Had arranged to meet a friend in town to watch the game in a pub, saw a post from Dobby on boards saying that there were a fair few tickets floating about and being offered, so as I was in 30 minutes before I was due to meet up decided to stand outside the Gresham and look open to approach didn't have to open my mouth, two lovely Listowel lads walked to to me and offered me a ticket for the lower Davin at face value. Couldn't say no, did feel a bit of a shit telling my friend though! Think that's the sixth time I've seen the Kingdom win Sam, first two times were 1984 and 1985.

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                    Had arranged to meet a friend in town to watch the game in a pub, saw a post from Dobby on boards saying that there were a fair few tickets floating about and being offered, so as I was in 30 minutes before I was due to meet up decided to stand outside the Gresham and look open to approach didn't have to open my mouth, two lovely Listowel lads walked to to me and offered me a ticket for the lower Davin at face value. Couldn't say no, did feel a bit of a shit telling my friend though! Think that's the sixth time I've seen the Kingdom win Sam, first two times were 1984 and 1985.
                                                                    Was offered a ticket too, but didn't want to leave my friend behind. Was easy to get single ticket, but a pair no
                                                                    No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                      Ah brilliant. Very happy to hear that.

We're back baby.

Comment

2 Irishmen atop the Senior Open. POD and Clarke

Comment

Curry almost ready Dom.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                            Just to reiterate.... what a read, fantastically written as others have said.

Some fantastic supplementary stories not fully covered in the article which have taken me down the Wikipedia black hole; which i love. TY

Comment

Dooks for definite. The original plan was Mahonys tomorrow but that might not suit so either the new Maine Valley course or Beaufort during the week.

Not sure if you’re going to Killarney for poker but I booked a line for the Friday Sept 30th, 2 spots available I’d say if you’re interested.

Thats an open invite to anyone interested of course and no need to confirm now, I can mention it again closer to the time.
                                                                              Mahony's is a fine course, presume you have played Killeen? Definitely play Dooks yes. Maine Valley isn't new, just rebranded. Grand course but if the choice is between that and Beaufort, pick the latter IMO.

Comment

Thank fuck for that

Comment

You love to see it
                                                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post

You reckon Clifford is a shoe in for footballer of the year? Seems a solid bet at evens as per the market.
                                                                                    Bet is still appearing as unsettled (with PP). How long would these take to settle normally?

Comment

DuPlantis - Wow!

Comment

Bet is still appearing as unsettled (with PP). How long would these take to settle normally?
                                                                                        There will be an All Stars banquet in a few weeks when all those awards will be announced. Nicely done, wp

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post

There will be an All Stars banquet in a few weeks when all those awards will be announced. Nicely done, wp
                                                                                          Ah my bad, I assume the Sunday game announcement last night was the official one.

Comment

Ah my bad, I assume the Sunday game announcement last night was the official one.
                                                                                            That was for MOTM on rte last night. Obviously I'm happy Clifford got it, Shane Walsh robbed tho.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post

That was for MOTM on rte last night. Obviously I'm happy Clifford got it, Shane Walsh robbed tho.
                                                                                              I know, but the panelists also picked their own footballer of the year at the end of the programme in which they chose DC.

Comment

I know, but the panelists also picked their own footballer of the year at the end of the programme in which they chose DC.
                                                                                                Ah yeah, that's just tye Sunday game with notions. I'd say you're safe enough anyway

Comment

Its finally tracked me down. Covid ah here leave it oooutttt.

Comment

What's the airport like at silly o'clock these days, if we assume I won't have an old poker adversary to wave me through in 4 minutes? 7am ish flight on Wednesday, no checked luggage, will have an almost 5 year old though with the attention span of an almost 5 year old. I don't really want to get there at 3.30am, but at the same time don't want to risk getting there at 5am either. I was thinking 4.15 or so to be at the terminal. eamonhonda any insights?

Comment

Its finally tracked me down. Covid ah here leave it oooutttt.
                                                                                                      Did your company ever recover from the hack/ ransomware?
                                                                                                      ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post

Was down for 6/7 weeks . All offline stuff was a real pain but kind of interesting too. I save everything to the harddrive and usb sticks. Paranoia .

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post

Was down for 6/7 weeks . All offline stuff was a real pain but kind of interesting too. I save everything to the harddrive and usb sticks. Paranoia .
                                                                                                          We are into week 7 and hoping to be business as usual next week. We have used the crisis as an opportunity to rebuild the entire IT infrastructure form the ground up and so we are packing implementation of years worth of would be nice to do when we have time and money projects into weeks. Whole thing has been an extraordinary experience and incredibly stressful especially for management and those in the direct line of fire of having to rebuild everything.

Comment

So, this happened at the weekend

Last edited by Strewelpeter; 25-07-22, 18:49.

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post
                                                                                                              What's the airport like at silly o'clock these days, if we assume I won't have an old poker adversary to wave me through in 4 minutes? 7am ish flight on Wednesday, no checked luggage, will have an almost 5 year old though with the attention span of an almost 5 year old. I don't really want to get there at 3.30am, but at the same time don't want to risk getting there at 5am either. I was thinking 4.15 or so to be at the terminal. eamonhonda any insights?
                                                                                                              No major insights as I'm not near the live operation. But Wednesday isn't the busiest day, and no checked baggage is the key, whole other process bro go through with bag drop.

If it was me I'd be arriving at 4:30 so 4:15 is sound. V
                                                                                                              worst case you're an hour in security queue. Theres a family lane but dunno if that does much, no harm in asking someone it might save you a few mins

​​​
                                                                                                              airport, lol

Comment

Bbv ex covis folk. Hiw soon did the chills kick in. Then what

Comment

Bbv ex covis folk. Hiw soon did the chills kick in. Then what
                                                                                                                  I was feeling a bit off for couple of days before those flu like symptoms hit and it was another day or two before I tested positive. after that it was mostly coughing, stuffed sinus and the likes. symptoms lighter than a bad cold but generally feeling as bad as a real flu.
                                                                                                                  Its been 12 days since the first symptoms, testing clear since Saturday, I'm still a little bit chesty and bolloxed tired after my first day in the office for a couple of weeks.
                                                                                                                  Last edited by Strewelpeter; 25-07-22, 20:19.

Comment

... IPB FPL is back under new and unimproved ownership... Should be a much more straightforward season... Entries to main league (€30) and H2H (€20) now being accepted...

...Hi all... Setting up this seasons FPL as after 10 successful years, IAGO has decided to hang up the coat as master of ceremonies... No changes to money/rules, just to the bank details and revolut ;)... 1. Main league- €30 per entry- Less than 30 runners, pay 3 top, more than 30 runners pay 4. 2. There is a H2H league

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post

No major insights as I'm not near the live operation. But Wednesday isn't the busiest day, and no checked baggage is the key, whole other process bro go through with bag drop.

If it was me I'd be arriving at 4:30 so 4:15 is sound. V
                                                                                                                      worst case you're an hour in security queue. Theres a family lane but dunno if that does much, no harm in asking someone it might save you a few mins

​​​
                                                                                                                      Also Flying at 7 on Wednesday Avec 3 kids and no fastrack so definitely will ask for family lane. Cheers (it’s called family assistance lane and looks like it’s just to the left of the main queue for security)
                                                                                                                      Last edited by elbows; 25-07-22, 20:55.

Comment

Leaders debate on BBC at the moment. Truss not bringing much substance to the debate from what i can see anyhow.

Comment

Originally posted by Degag View Post
                                                                                                                          Leaders debate on BBC at the moment. Truss not bringing much substance to the debate from what i can see anyhow.
                                                                                                                          Draws/narrow defeats are probably enough for her in these debates, protect her existing lead.
                                                                                                                          I thought she did ok.
                                                                                                                          Counter intuitively her old 'pork markets' and 'cheese' meltdown speeches might actually help her, as she now looks stunningly competent and polished by comparison.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X