This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post

All the winner had to do was equal the best back nine in the history of the Open*. What's so hard about that?

*Matching a record set by.... Rory McIlroy.
    Wasn't the previous record set by tiger in 2000?

Mcilroy played a great final round which should have been enough in most situations but smith played the greatest final round, possibly ever, although I'm not a big golf historian. Incredible stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
      OK Shraaaaaap. Your country has gone to the dogs.

In the space of a few kilometres yesterday, we encountered three 'pizza machines'. Boxes that spat out pre-made pizza when you swiped your card appropriately. With queues of people using them. I thought this was the nadir until we saw a baguette machine further down the road. Like WTFF.

Gone to the dogs imo. And it's stupidly hot too, which I blame you for personally.
      Ive seen those around in normandy, although ive never seen them being used before.

Its hot everywhere! 38 predicted in London and here in saint cast, just down the road from you

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
        Quick question. I was playing a live tournament at the weekend. First one in years. So I'm very out of the loop.

We were in the money, and coming up to a fifteen min break, the pot was heads up, and with 2 mins left on the clock about half the table left including the big blind.

Hand finished with 15 seconds on the clock and dealer announced we were on a break. I asked should we not play another hand given there was time left?

One player laughed, and the dealer just shook his head.

I didn't push it, but is it not like when the blinds have been posted before a level change? Once there's time to start the hand should be dealt?

Average stack was less than 20bbs, so reasonable significant blinds

Understandably he wanted a break, and maybe he thought I was angling.
        You’re 100% correct.

FWIW, I likely respond in the exact same way you do but I’d like to think I call the floor given the situation.

The dealer should deal that hand. Did you FT that PSPC?

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post

Wasn't the previous record set by tiger in 2000?

Mcilroy played a great final round which should have been enough in most situations but smith played the greatest final round, possibly ever, although I'm not a big golf historian. Incredible stuff.
          I’ve been a big defender of McIlroy in the past but I’m not convinced he did quite enough yesterday.

I agree Cam Smith won it and he needed a historic performance to win it but I’m not sure McIlroy gave himself enough chances.

He ranked Top 10 T2G in R1, R2 & R3 but was ranked 21st yesterday almost 1.5 shots behind Smith.
          He finished marginally below the field average around the greens and on his approach play. Smith did better in both too.

I don’t think he bottled it at all, he just didn’t give himself enough high percentage birdie chances.
          Cam Smith gave himself more chances and made more than probably can be expected.
          The narrative will be that Smith was hot with the putter while McIlroy wasn’t but for me, it just simply a case that Smith gave himself more high percentage looks.

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post

You’re 100% correct.

FWIW, I likely respond in the exact same way you do but I’d like to think I call the floor given the situation.

The dealer should deal that hand. Did you FT that PSPC?
            Yeah I did. I think that's the first live tourney I've played in 5 years. First Hendon Mob entry in over a decade. We really are back

Was a great weekend. Nick and Brian ran a great show. Good atmosphere too over the two days.

I only made it above avg stack twice in the whole thing. Was really nursing the stack through. At first, I was happy just to make the money, but a bit disappointed in the end to make it that far and not win. The winner really steamrolled it from three tables out, and I never had a good spot to play back. And any hand I played hu he fired every barrel. When hands aren't going to show down it's tough to know how much of it is run good and how much is sheer aggression.

Comment

Like buses . Ive another golf outing lined up on Sat. Anyone played Delgany GC . Hard easy?

Im ready

Comment

Whatever about McIlroy bottling it, I bottled it on Cam cashing out after birdie on 11 for 66% of value. Probably saved myself a heart attack with the par putt on 17 so balances out

Comment

Yeah I did. I think that's the first live tourney I've played in 5 years. First Hendon Mob entry in over a decade. We really are back

Was a great weekend. Nick and Brian ran a great show. Good atmosphere too over the two days.

I only made it above avg stack twice in the whole thing. Was really nursing the stack through. At first, I was happy just to make the money, but a bit disappointed in the end to make it that far and not win. The winner really steamrolled it from three tables out, and I never had a good spot to play back. And any hand I played hu he fired every barrel. When hands aren't going to show down it's tough to know how much of it is run good and how much is sheer aggression.
                  I know another guy with the same name who played poker so wasn’t sure if it was you or him.

Yeah Brian & Damo who use to post here were 2 of the first people I met through poker after playing Killarney in 2008 as my first bigger buyin. Lovely fella & Nick a gent too.

It’s hard to know and whether you’re consciously thinking of ICM or not, you will naturally adjust for it so when they have a big stack and you’re floating around average, it’s so hard to
                  find a good spot.

Great run though, congrats.

On a side note, I always find those added package situations interesting if people want to make a deal.
                  Does the winner agree to give up some % of the package but it would be impossible to hold someone to it.

Comment

Rory McIlroy's 2022 Major Record:
                    T2
                    The first time in his career he has finished top ten in all four Majors

Comment

McIroy defo a bottler but yesterday wasn’t bottling it imo.

Smith was just better, that was a special round from Smith. Rory didn’t play poorly, he just didn’t play lights out. He’s been so so solid lately just it was a very cold putter yesterday.
                      This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                      All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                      The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Quick question. I was playing a live tournament at the weekend. First one in years. So I'm very out of the loop.

We were in the money, and coming up to a fifteen min break, the pot was heads up, and with 2 mins left on the clock about half the table left including the big blind.

Hand finished with 15 seconds on the clock and dealer announced we were on a break. I asked should we not play another hand given there was time left?

One player laughed, and the dealer just shook his head.

I didn't push it, but is it not like when the blinds have been posted before a level change? Once there's time to start the hand should be dealt?

Average stack was less than 20bbs, so reasonable significant blinds

Understandably he wanted a break, and maybe he thought I was angling.
                        In the UK this hand would 100% be played and in Ireland is nearly never getting played. We're a lot more laid back here and it's generally a good thing IMO. TL;DR: You were definitely angling. ;-)
                        Last edited by AndyFatBastard; 18-07-22, 12:16.
                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post

In the UK this hand would 100% be played and in Ireland is nearly never getting played. We're a lot more laid back here and it's generally a good thing IMO. TL;DR: You were definitely angling. ;-)
                          Golden rule is 10 secs. If it was 11 secs, then it is getting played, if 10 then not. But seems very odd for half the table to leave with two mins left on the clock? How could they possibly know the hand would take two mins to complete. Something doesn't add up here.
                          No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post

Golden rule is 10 secs. If it was 11 secs, then it is getting played, if 10 then not. But seems very odd for half the table to leave with two mins left on the clock? How could they possibly know the hand would take two mins to complete. Something doesn't add up here.
                            I also thought that was strange. It also affects the chances the hand gets played. If a load of regs walk off, the dealer takes the lazy route

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                              Speaking of wine, I absolutely adore this Riesling, anybody tried or other recommendations?

dtEsYDsl.jpg

I could be wrong, but I think Ionapual is a Riesling fan. I couldn't tell you the last time I drank it.

Comment

The first episode of a new HBO show called The Rehearsal is awesome. Don't watch trailers or do any reading around it and just stick it on would be my advice,

Comment

Pretty mental to see Espen Jorstad win the main event. He streams a decent bit on twitch under the channel overbetexxpress. He is one of these people who seems to really love poker and I can imagine despite the first place being $10m he will be back on the online grind in no time only playing a bit higher. He is probably the most well-studied GTO / ICM player I have ever watched streaming on twitch.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                    Mayo was infested with Jellyfish . Probably saved me from 3rd degree burns from the sun as i cut short my sea dip . Surrounded by them . Not the harmful ones but still too many of them
                                    I thought for a moment he was on about you Willie !

This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post

If a load of regs walk off, the dealer takes the lazy route
                                      This x 100. Standard of dealer in Ireland in general is poor too. Should've grown a pair and dealt the hand but even if Denny called floor, they'd have ruled they were on break anyway due to the regs missing.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post

I thought for a moment he was on about you Willie !

No way.i was in there . Was staying in Castlebar and thought i spotted Mick McCarthy or his doppelganger. Damn Elivis Costello session would have been EPIC. Coincidentally i was only discussing his tune Veronica with the missus in the car. The story behind it etc.

Comment

Is there anywhere online that I can post one-off roles which would likely suit students etc. mostly? There'd be remuneration but not a wage etc. Unskilled labour but affordable from my side (lot of data entry etc.)

Thanks

Comment

Actually the song Veronica is about an old lady in a nursing home slowly losing her memories etc. Some can relate here .
                                            Based on his grannys Alzeimers
                                            Co written by Macca .

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post

I could be wrong, but I think Ionapual is a Riesling fan. I couldn't tell you the last time I drank it.

Me imo. Best white wine in the world.
                                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Any painters about? Stuck up a job on tradesmen.ie as RD3 sung its praises and the quote came back in covered in gold.

I stuck up the wiring job for the home network and got 5 quotes, best one was 825. I spent €50 on tools and am 1/4 of the way through. Will happily pay myself €200 an hour.

Not sure I could do with the painting though - not as easy to do bit by bit when you find a spare hour here or there

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                  But seems very odd for half the table to leave with two mins left on the clock? How could they possibly know the hand would take two mins to complete. Something doesn't add up here.
                                                  Don't think there was too much to it. FIrst break of the day after a number of hours, and it did look like the hand was going to run down the clock initially.

Comment

Next hand starting hinges on dealer having enough time to riffle before clock hits zero.
                                                    ie: push the previous pot to winner,
                                                    move the button, gather the cards together,
                                                    wash the deck & riffle.

As Dobby says, 10 seconds would be the norm.

Since they have to stay at the table the
                                                    upcoming break is of minimal benefit to dealers.
                                                    In your example there was a chip race to be done
                                                    and once the deck was checked and fanned out he'd sit minding the stacks for a few minutes.

You're right about it being significant though

as the next BB was a fairly short stack.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                      Any painters about? Stuck up a job on tradesmen.ie as RD3 sung its praises and the quote came back in covered in gold.

I stuck up the wiring job for the home network and got 5 quotes, best one was 825. I spent €50 on tools and am 1/4 of the way through. Will happily pay myself €200 an hour.

Not sure I could do with the painting though - not as easy to do bit by bit when you find a spare hour here or there

hi emmet

ill send u a number of a lad
                                                      good work keen prices
                                                      will supply paint if u wish

Comment

That's a big claim. The Loire Valley wants a word with you...

Comment

Me too. Love all of it, dry to dessert wine sweet. All different alcohol levels and so much going on with most of them.
                                                          His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

A dry Riesling or Gruner Vetliner is stunning imo, especially in this weather.
                                                            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Must have baked the brain today to volunteer bbq'ing in 40 degree heat.

Comment

Rise And Kill First is a fantastic read so far. Thanks for the heads up SP.

Really fascinating stuff. Up your street Raoul.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                  Rise And Kill First is a fantastic read so far. Thanks for the heads up SP.

Really fascinating stuff. Up your street Raoul.
                                                                  A line from it..

You need to know how to forgive the enemy. However, we have no authority to forgive people like Bin Laden. That, only God can do. Our job is to arrange a meeting between them.

Comment

I like my wine Red from reddy winecountry .

with global warming i think we can turn Letrim into a big Vineyard.

Comment

A line from it..
                                                                      Its a great line but it depends what side you are on . Then it invalidates the whole quote. Please discuss and have essay on my desk at 9am

Comment

Am giving real serious thought to sleeping out on the trampoline tonight. It's either that or an ice pack in the bed. Upstairs of the house is about 35°

Opening the windows is useless.

Comment

Am giving real serious thought to sleeping out on the trampoline tonight. It's either that or an ice pack in the bed. Upstairs of the house is about 35°

A good fan is a lifesaver. I have a big tower one. Only problem is i have it on most nights of the year now.

Comment

James Webb , great images .

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                                                                            This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Just cooked and ate dinner. Kofta's, sweet potato fries, greek salad and tzatziki.

Thought I was going to melt in the kitchen.

Didn't help when Mrs Lao Lao decided to close over the kitchen door because 'the smell of food was wafting through the house'

There was a look given before she came back with a fan and plugged it in.

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                                The first episode of a new HBO show called The Rehearsal is awesome. Don't watch trailers or do any reading around it and just stick it on would be my advice,
                                                                                WTF have I just watched ?

I guess it matters that I've never seen yer man's previous show?

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Degag View Post

A good fan is a lifesaver. I have a big tower one. Only problem is i have it on most nights of the year now.
                                                                                  Possibly a stupid question but is there any such thing as a silent fan or is it just a case of getting used to the noise? I'm far too used to complete silence when I go to sleep now, I'd be a bit slow to get a fan in case the noise annoyed me.

Comment

It's quite surreal being in Mexico, enjoying perfect 20 - 24 degree weather and hearing about runways melting and grass catching fire back in the old country.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                                                      It's quite surreal being in Mexico, enjoying perfect 20 - 24 degree weather and hearing about runways melting and grass catching fire back in the old country.
                                                                                      Seems to have dropped quite a bit overnight in France and now an acceptable 28 degrees.

Comment

I mentioned it before but Air to Water heating in an A-Rated house is just not pleasant during warm summer days let alone this type of heat.

Every house in the estate is the same; all windows open, all blinds drawn, went to bed last night with upstairs at 24-25 degrees.

We got our stove out a couple of months ago, we lit it 3-4 times in almost 4 years.

No complaints regarding pricing especially during the current situation so definitely not all bad but hard to get comfortable during July & August.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post

Possibly a stupid question but is there any such thing as a silent fan or is it just a case of getting used to the noise? I'm far too used to complete silence when I go to sleep now, I'd be a bit slow to get a fan in case the noise annoyed me.
                                                                                          They are essentially silent, especially on the lowest setting. I mean, you can obviously hear the air circulating and maybe a very gentle purr of the motor but thats it really.

I’ve gone the opposite way to you and can’t sleep without it on really! The one i have has a timer though where you can set it to go off after X hours so that it’s not on all night.

Comment

I mentioned it before but Air to Water heating in an A-Rated house is just not pleasant during warm summer days let alone this type of heat.

Every house in the estate is the same; all windows open, all blinds drawn, went to bed last night with upstairs at 24-25 degrees.

We got our stove out a couple of months ago, we lit it 3-4 times in almost 4 years.

No complaints regarding pricing especially during the current situation so definitely not all bad but hard to get comfortable during July & August.
                                                                                            My house is nearly 20 years old, standard timber frame build from that time. We put in the basic attic insulation from SEAI scheme a couple of years back.

A toasty 27C upstairs last night. Was 25C this morning even with a nice cool breeze and being 15C outside. Reminded me of being in Brazil except without the dozens of painful mosquito bites.

Comment

Did this. Woke at 4am gasping with thirst and a tiny bit chilly. Finished the night on the couch.

All the neighbours bedroom windows opened, laughing thinking about them wondering where the snoring was coming from.

Comment

Didn't get taken away by a Seagull thankfully.

Comment

I’m feeling a little better about the house now. I haven’t quite felt the need to sleep outside yet.

My desire to move is also probably contributing a little to my frustration.

Reminds me though of a girl I lived with who when living in Oz use to put her towels in the freezer and then sleep on them. Not the smartest means of cooling down that I’ve heard of.

Comment

I’m feeling a little better about the house now. I haven’t quite felt the need to sleep outside yet.

My desire to move is also probably contributing a little to my frustration.

Reminds me though of a girl I lived with who when living in Oz use to put her towels in the freezer and then sleep on them. Not the smartest means of cooling down that I’ve heard of.
                                                                                                    Soak a teeshirt in water and drap it over a fan was our ghetto AC years ago when living in Canada.
                                                                                                    The towel thing might have potential tbh
                                                                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

Soak a teeshirt in water and drap it over a fan was our ghetto AC years ago when living in Canada.
                                                                                                      Ours used to be freezing a 2L bottle of water (3/4 full) and leaving it behind the fan.

I didn't find it too hard to sleep last night compared to the previous summer when it was 25-ish for a couple of weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

WTF have I just watched ?

I guess it matters that I've never seen yer man's previous show?

I hadn't seen any of his stuff before and went into it completely cold off some random comment on reddit recommending it. I think it is absurdity brilliant. Some of the one-liners are incredible.

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post

I hadn't seen any of his stuff before and went into it completely cold off some random comment on reddit recommending it. I think it is absurdity brilliant. Some of the one-liners are incredible.

Absurdly brilliant sums it up well, I'll definitely watch another one to see where they are going.

SPOILER
                                                                                                          Will they be trying to sustain a series out of rehearsing the Kor character? That doesn't feel like there is nearly enough there to build on but at the same time the repeated application of the same concept to other situations doesn't sound like something I'd want to watch ten episodes of.
                                                                                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

As somebody buying an A rated house with an air to water system that I know absolutely nothing about, tell me more. Can it not just be turned off?
                                                                                                            I don't have any problems with being too warm at these temps so probably grand. I realise I should have asked more questions as I saw it had underfloor heating in the valuation and got an email to find out that every room has cat 5 cabling that I didn't notice.

Comment

Did this. Woke at 4am gasping with thirst and a tiny bit chilly. Finished the night on the couch.

All the neighbours bedroom windows opened, laughing thinking about them wondering where the snoring was coming from.
                                                                                                              like this idea, wake up during the night , have a little bounce and a wee drink of water. Neighbours looking out at the stars and your mullet bounces into sight. Good Morning folks, did you borrow my good knife. I’ll need it back. (bet you get it back quickly)

When I were a wee lad living in Drimnagh. I woke up during the night to the sound of someone pushing our hand lawn mower in the back garden. Still was odd we thought (me and the bros who I woke for scardy cat support) We thought it couldn’t be some mad intruder with a fresh grass fetish, the only logical explanation was a spook of some kind. We furtively crawled to the back window and looked outside into the dimly lit garden. There was the lawn mower standing against the corner wall. Ok, let’s go back to bed. Then it fired up again, we legged it back over to the window , still there not moving. We investigated further and the sound seemed to emanate from closer than we thought. We kicked open the Sisters room (yes plural, all 75 of them) and there was one snoring away in Lawnmover Language. We sat and admired the unique noise then grabbed her nose and ran back into bed majorly disappointed it wasn’t a spook but instead it was a skin and blister.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post

As somebody buying an A rated house with an air to water system that I know absolutely nothing about, tell me more. Can it not just be turned off?
                                                                                                                I don't have any problems with being too warm at these temps so probably grand. I realise I should have asked more questions as I saw it had underfloor heating in the valuation and got an email to find out that every room has cat 5 cabling that I didn't notice.
                                                                                                                We don’t have underfloor heating so no experience with that. Ours is set to 16 degrees both up and downstairs from approx late April-August.
                                                                                                                We have found that the house never goes below that so it effectively means it’s off.

Outside of that, we generally set downstairs approx 2 degrees higher than upstairs so in the winter, it’s 18-19 degrees upstairs with 20-21 downstairs.
                                                                                                                I’d rarely feel the radiators on upstairs but they do kick in downstairs during the winter. The odd time we’d boost that to 23-24 degrees if it’s cold but not for long.
                                                                                                                We previously had it on a timer for certain times of the day but didn’t find it useful so we just set it stagnant.

The water tank is set to a certain degrees for water but also has an offset which allows for an increase in the temperature.
                                                                                                                My wife felt that when we wanted a boost of heat, it was a little slow to adjust so the guy servicing said that increasing the offset for a higher leaving temperature could speed up the radiator temperature. I’m not sure we found that to be true so wouldn’t be taking my word on that.

Overall, it’s fine, it’s cost effective, it’s caused us no issues thus far but on hotter days, it’s a bit of work to cool it and during the winter if you come in from the cold, you don’t get a nice blast of heat like you do from a stove or fire.

Our house was built in phase 1 with a pot belly stove and phase 2 with the same spec didn’t have one.
                                                                                                                FWIW, I wouldn’t give up the benefits for an older house with gas/oil/coal.

Comment

Awesome thank you, will be going from what I imagine is the worst BER possible to this so some getting used to.

Comment

Kinda the sums up the problem with rating system. Endlessly whacking in more and more insulation to keep energy down. When in lightweight builds you are also creating load. Flogging it as a long energy design because there is no AC and you have to suck in up in the summer, is a similar logic not installing any heating and sucking it up in the winter.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

Towel in the freezer is no good as there's no mass to draw out the heat. Anyone struggling in the heat tonight, try this.

Take a towel, spray it a cold shower before bed. Don't soak it but have it reasonably damp. And drape it over you legs in bed (below the knee).
                                                                                                                      The mass of the water draws heat out of your legs much better than air would. Circulations cools the rest of you. And you regulate it by having more or less of your legs cover.

Comment

Now that the fear has subsided I'll do a little trip report from Scotland.

Arrived at the airport at 4am for 7.15 flight to Glasgow to what seemed like a complete shitshow but the queues moved nicely and flew through security (fasttrack).

Ryanair had moved our flight from 10:30 so had 5 hours until we teed off in Royal Troon.

Royal Troon had a beautiful clubhouse and nice to sit and relax and have some food and a few looseners.

Teed off at 2 with virtually no breeze and played the front nine in 20 points (with a scratch) Highlights being a drive and 5 iron to the 522 yard 4th to 20ft (missed the putt) and an up and down from the front bunker on the postage stamp.

That brought an end to any decent golf for the rest of the trip.

Breeze picked up to around 20mph for the back nine and its all into the wind. Lost my pace on the greens and only ended up with 29 points.

Overall I really liked Troon and it had very few weak holes. Green were pure and its very fair on the whole.

Didn't hang around Troon after the game as we had dinner booked in Prestwick.

Quick turn around in the hotel (Carlton in Prestwick) and out for dinner.

Dinner was decent (The Vine in Prestwick) and we drank them out of 2015 Chateau Musar

Stayed there till they kicked us out around 12 and had one back in the Hotel before hitting the scratcher as we had a 9 O'Clock tee time at Prestwick.

We booked in for the Prestwick Experience which is morning golf followed by a full jacket and tie lunch.

Prestwick was home to the first open and the clubhouse again was great. The course had a lot of completely blind shots which I'm not mad on and it was a bit too quirky for me but spoke to a few yanks who loved it. No real golf highlights and I putted terribly (6 3 putts on the front). The lunch was full on horse head elite. long table seating about 30 - Food was lovely and we had many bottles Pomerol and Montrachet. Spent a good few hours drinking there (G&T's on £2.50 a pop) and sat outside watching yanks hitting it onto the railway tracks right off the first.

We didn't have dinner booked but managed to get another table at the Vine and drank mountains more booze and ended up in the attached nightclub. Amazing how much attention I was getting from the locals, so I held court at the bar singing songs and talking shite (scenes missing see attached pic)

Woke up at 7 for no good reason and ventured downstairs bleary eyed to watch the Rugby which was a nice start to the day.

Had a settler at 10:30 in the hotel bar and boarded the bus to Turnberry feeling reasonably ok (that didn't last long).

Turnberry clubhouse was nice and relatively understated for having the Trump stamp on it. Its ridiculously expensive both to play and to eat and drink there. £13 for ham sandwich which didn't even have decent ham in it. Few more settlers and off we went.

Weather was perfect (but hot), very little breeze. Started feeling really ropey and played shite. The halfway house is in the lighthouse and its spectacular around the turn. Highlights Drive and & iron eagle at the 7th which plays severely uphill and smashing my tee shot down the last over 320 into the wind. Course was amazing with so many great holes, very intimidating off the tee with loads of bunkers and gorse but more space than you think too. Quiet night Saturday and that's all she wrote.

Fantastic trip and now planning the next one for 2 years time,

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                                                                                                                        This gallery has 1 photos.
                                                                                                                        His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post

Towel in the freezer is no good as there's no mass to draw out the heat. Anyone struggling in the heat tonight, try this.

Take a towel, spray it a cold shower before bed. Don't soak it but have it reasonably damp. And drape it over you legs in bed (below the knee).
                                                                                                                          The mass of the water draws heat out of your legs much better than air would. Circulations cools the rest of you. And you regulate it by having more or less of your legs cover.
                                                                                                                          I had assumed the towel was damp first
                                                                                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X