Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It’s an interesting one, I think if Trump runs, he takes the nomination. If he doesn’t, DeSantis has very much aligned himself to Trump since 2016 and walks away with it.

You’re in a situation where I don’t know if DeSantis will run if Trump decides to do so. The indicators of success would need to be very strong given it could alienate some of the Trump base that he’ll effectively owns next time.
    He probably only runs vs Trump if they feel overall sentiment is moving in a more moderate direction but I don’t think anyone thinks that.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see polling which suggests that DeSantis actually does better than Trump in some of the H2H with the Dems as he may do better with the undecideds.

As for the dems, they’re in serious trouble. Biden is simply the best option, apparently the DNC want him back because the obvious choice is Harris and they can’t get behind her.
    Her issue is that Liberals think she’s too moderate and Moderates think she’s too liberal. She epitomises the party’s lack of coherence.

I know some recent Trump endorsees didn’t do well especially in Georgia. There are other factors at play; from what I’ve seen, I’d say the narrative so far is that the endorsements haven’t indicated much but maybe slightly positive for Trump

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
      There's a guy who is the spitting image of ionapaul losing the head in the non-moving queue.
      Even gave him a wink to check it wasn't the man himself.
      WTF that was me! Here for an industry conference, didn't spot you at all on the plane or afterwards! Fucking madness, walked through the baggage hall on the way out and there are hundreds and hundreds of big suitcases just abandoned everywhere, you'd need to be mad to check in luggage going to Amsterdam at present.

Flying back home on Friday, desperately want to get out that day as going to the UK on Sunday on the ferry for our family holiday. And only back from Rock Werchter in Belgium on Monday, great great festival and break away from the kids

Comment

With KBC leaving, what's the story with a free or current account these days? For b&m banks, we only have PTSB, AIB and BOI now right?

Haven't had time to research this yet tbh and probably should have switched by now. Also in the middle of mortgage switch, changed job (inc company sale/divest), in-laws over for a month, and general life stuff. Been a hectic couple of months, to say the least.

Comment

Secret Remoaners desert Brave Brexit Boris, good riddance.

That'll be your Express or Mail headlines (with a nasty undertone about their ethnicity).
          The Express one is close.

?width=630&version=5809101.png

?width=630&version=5809103.png
          Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
            With KBC leaving, what's the story with a free or current account these days? For b&m banks, we only have PTSB, AIB and BOI now right?

Haven't had time to research this yet tbh and probably should have switched by now. Also in the middle of mortgage switch, changed job (inc company sale/divest), in-laws over for a month, and general life stuff. Been a hectic couple of months, to say the least.
            I've free banking with AIB, but on the basis I have my mortgage with them, currently switching to their green mortgage fixed at 2.1% for 5 years.
            ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
              I thought of this post today.

Dalio’s Hedge Fund Risks Being Dumped by Pension on Weak Returns

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...n-weak-returns

"The Orange County Employees Retirement System’s investment in Bridgewater Associates’s Pure Alpha fund has returned an annualized 4.5% since 2005, about 2.5 percentage points less than its benchmark, according to a memo seen by Bloomberg from Meketa Investment Group, the pension’s consultant. The strategy has topped OCERS’s target only once in the past five years and has trailed on a seven- and 10-year time horizon."
              I thought of this post today

​​​​​​​https://www.reuters.com/business/fin...ne-2022-07-05/

Comment

Cobbles on the TdF today - few broken collarbones ahoy

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post

WTF that was me! Here for an industry conference, didn't spot you at all on the plane or afterwards! Fucking madness, walked through the baggage hall on the way out and there are hundreds and hundreds of big suitcases just abandoned everywhere, you'd need to be mad to check in luggage going to Amsterdam at present.

Flying back home on Friday, desperately want to get out that day as going to the UK on Sunday on the ferry for our family holiday. And only back from Rock Werchter in Belgium on Monday, great great festival and break away from the kids
                  Ha, classic stuff! Nice jacket ya dopey fucker.
                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

WFH with TDF and tennis and a jar of Ballymaloe relish n tuc crackers . Beats Airports n traffic

Comment

Murmurings that BJ could be gone tonight if enough letters are sent in to trigger a change of rules allowing a second vote of confidence.

Either way it really seems like the game is finally up for him now.

Comment

Originally posted by Degag View Post
                        Murmurings that BJ could be gone tonight if enough letters are sent in to trigger a change of rules allowing a second vote of confidence.

Either way it really seems like the game is finally up for him now.
                        I won't believe it until he's actually gone and I still think he'll somehow sleaze his way into staying.

Comment

If the absolute slimebag Michael Gove won’t support you anymore you know you’re in trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                            Cobbles on the TdF today - few broken collarbones ahoy
                            Carnage

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post

Carnage
                              I wish they'd haul in the small break so a few of my 50/1 lads can have a shot at the finish

Comment

Comment

It was over the minute Simon McDonald went on the radio yesterday morning and said that he had briefed Johnson personally with the facts that he had sent ministers out to deny he knew anything about.
                                  Johnson is just taking the piss by not resigning at this stage, no point on pretending you have any principals to resign on now. He was reportedly cornering groups of Tories last night and blustering at them that 'everyone deserves a second chance', that and the smirking he was doing at PMQ today shows he knows the jig is up. He promised he wouldn't resign and is perfectly happy to cause mayhem by making them kick him out.

Hours rather than days IMO
                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Presuming, Boris goes: That's both Trump and Boris, two gobshites of the highest order, kicked out of office by democratic systems because they are gobshites. Maybe there's something to be said for democracy after all.
                                    "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                      Presuming, Boris goes: That's both Trump and Boris, two gobshites of the highest order, kicked out of office by democratic systems because they are gobshites. Maybe there's something to be said for democracy after all.
                                      Well, by the that note, Democracy elected them also.

Democracy may also elect Mary Lou here in the next couple of years.

Comment

Who is in next for Tory leader tho, I've never heard of the favourite Penny Mordaunt, but maybe that's why she is favourite!!
                                        ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Ha, classic stuff! Nice jacket ya dopey fucker.
                                          In my defence that jacket is 100% not my style, just something I need to run with for these kinds of things

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                            On a similar topic this is a really excellent read -

https://www.amazon.com/Bond-King-Mar.../dp/1250120845

Its quite incredible how unhappy a billionaire can make themself
                                            Last edited by Hectorjelly; 06-07-22, 16:57.

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post

In my defence that jacket is 100% not my style, just something I need to run with for these kinds of things
                                              I will summon up the eloquence tomorrow to describe that jacket. Possibly with some illustrative images.

Comment

I will summon up the eloquence tomorrow to describe that jacket. Possibly with some illustrative images.
                                                sexpest trenchcoat?

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                                                  Who is in next for Tory leader tho, I've never heard of the favourite Penny Mordaunt, but maybe that's why she is favourite!!
                                                  Markets for next PM might be interesting as it is likely Bozo will have to be dragged out and won't wait around in normal fashion for a new leader to be elected so they would have to have someone who is definitely not in the running for Tory leader to stand in as caretaker PM for maybe two months.
                                                  Haven't thought too much about it yet but they would probably want someone reasonably senior , as close to neutral as possible in a very divided party. Had a quick scan down the list and one name that jumps out as someone who could fill that role is Teresa May at 120/1
                                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post

sexpest trenchcoat?
                                                    Bomber jacket would be my guess
                                                    No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post

sexpest trenchcoat?
                                                      More the colour. A delightful lilac.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

Markets for next PM might be interesting as it is likely Bozo will have to be dragged out and won't wait around in normal fashion for a new leader to be elected so they would have to have someone who is definitely not in the running for Tory leader to stand in as caretaker PM for maybe two months.
                                                        Haven't thought too much about it yet but they would probably want someone reasonably senior , as close to neutral as possible in a very divided party. Had a quick scan down the list and one name that jumps out as someone who could fill that role is Teresa May at 120/1
                                                        Interesting. Not sure i could see it cause she is just linked to the woes of Brexit etc a few years back but probably still very much respected within the party so who knows. Nice price for the craic though.

Ken Clarke would have been very interesting if he was still an MP.

Comment

ionapaul, through security in no time tonight

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

Some schadenfreude there I suspect!
                                                            Nice way to bookend the tosspot alright.
                                                            ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Paddy Clarke, "Clicky",
                                                              showing as chip leader on Day 1C at WSOP.
                                                              Go wan ya boyo.

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                                                                Sunak and Javid have clearly carved it up. So anyone taking none of those two can tear up their docket imo.

Comment

Sunak and Javid have clearly carved it up. So anyone taking none of those two can tear up their docket imo.
                                                                  Raoul in 1990:

Douglas Hurd and Michael Heseltine have clearly carved it up. So anyone taking none of those two can tear up their docket imo.
                                                                  You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                  World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

I'm really rooting for Boris to hold on, it's by far the funniest outcome.

Comment

Allistair Campbell mentioned a while back how he had to make Tony Blair swap jackets with his bodyguard prior to meeting Putin.
                                                                      His wife purchased him a jacket similar to the one on the right for the meet and Campbell said he pleaded him to swap into the oversized one you see on the left.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post

Raoul in 1990:

Douglas Hurd and Michael Heseltine have clearly carved it up. So anyone taking none of those two can tear up their docket imo.
                                                                        I'll take my two vs the field tyvm.

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
                                                                          Allistair Campbell mentioned a while back how he had to make Tony Blair swap jackets with his bodyguard prior to meeting Putin.
                                                                          His wife purchased him a jacket similar to the one on the right for the meet and Campbell said he pleaded him to swap into the oversized one you see on the left.
                                                                          What was the case for switching?

Comment

I'd assume to look a bit less gay

Comment

"Senior No 10 source putting a positive spin on struggles to fill vacant ministerial posts: "Maybe this is a good opportunity to slim down government. We are focusing on delivering and the economy and this is an opportunity to do less better”

This is just the sort of positive thinking we need in times like this!

Comment

"Senior No 10 source putting a positive spin on struggles to fill vacant ministerial posts: "Maybe this is a good opportunity to slim down government. We are focusing on delivering and the economy and this is an opportunity to do less better”

This is just the sort of positive thinking we need in times like this!
                                                                                Gove sacked. A bit odd that Patel hasn't been; I'd love to know what she has on him.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

Gove sacked. A bit odd that Patel hasn't been; I'd love to know what she has on him.
                                                                                  A mouthfull of his Jizz . No BJ pun intended

Comment

You are changing for the better my lad. Time for the keys to the executive wash room.

Comment

Quite the death spiral and, given what he did to May, how apt it should end like this. Spin it out to the weekend pls.

Please God Gove has the delusion to throw his hat in the ring. One Time!

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

You are changing for the better my lad. Time for the keys to the executive wash room.
                                                                                        Good timing. On my third visit to Mexico I have finally succumbed to a terrible bout of food poisoning.

Comment

Good timing. On my third visit to Mexico I have finally succumbed to a terrible bout of food poisoning.
                                                                                          Oh no! Nothing worse than bad food poisoning. Keep well and go to the doc. Serious food poisoning is no joke.
                                                                                          "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

He was concerned that the media would fixate on it and make a deal of it. The left is very classically English styling. The right was a bit out there in Blair’s day, less so now.

Apparently Alistair Cambell and Cherie Blair had a fight about it - to the point that she called Homer a fascist in front of Putin. The irony.

Comment

"You won't have Boris to kick around any more".

Let this be a day of solemn reflection.

Comment

"You won't have Boris to kick around any more".

Let this be a day of solemn reflection.
                                                                                                i think he wants to stay on till the autumn to ensure he is PM for longer than Theresa May was

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post

i think he wants to stay on till the autumn to ensure he is PM for longer than Theresa May was
                                                                                                  Presumably he has to stay anyway given that the PMs office can't be left a vacumn?

I just backed Javid at 8/1 but the market is mad. If you do have a strong fancy get in now as it's 4/1 the field, 80% of whom must be NRs.

Comment

Presumably he has to stay anyway given that the PMs office can't be left a vacumn?

I just backed Javid at 8/1 but the market is mad. If you do have a strong fancy get in now as it's 4/1 the field, 80% of whom must be NRs.
                                                                                                    i think Javid is a decent bet alright. Sunak is also but may have damaged himself with the whole tax thing.

They’d be mad to pick Gove, Truss, Patel or Raab IMO.

I think Zahawi has damaged himself by taking the Chancellorship and telling BoJo to go the next day.

I know little to nothing about Mordaunt, Wallace and a couple other of the front runners.

Hunt could be interesting

Comment

IMG-20220707-WA0000.jpg
                                                                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Hunt could be interesting
                                                                                                        Have a score on him @ 10s for an interest.
                                                                                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

I see news of Leo not being charged by the DPP has slipped out at the same time as BJ resigning. Nice timing on that one. I'm sure leotheleak hashtags will be buzzing on twitter for the next week.

Comment

A small swing for the fences bet on Simon Clarke, surprised to read he’s only the 2nd tallest UK MP at 6ft 7in.

Comment

Ben Wallace seems to be who the punters want to be on in the early betting. He's had a good war I suppose.

Comment

The Tory party is about to foist a tasteless joke upon the British people. He cares for nothing but his own fame and gratification, says the former editor of the Daily Telegraph Max Hastings

A wonderful time to pour yourself a coffee and revisit this withering dissemination of Boris Johnson’s character and quite prescient prediction for how his time as PM would turn out.

Nailed it in every respect.
                                                                                                                "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

They’d be mad to pick Gove, Truss, Patel or Raab IMO.
                                                                                                                  I think Gove is damaged goods.

The other three - who knows? Hard core Brexiteers on the right wing...they probably reflect the party pretty accurately!

Comment

I think Gove is damaged goods.

The other three - who knows? Hard core Brexiteers on the right wing...they probably reflect the party pretty accurately!

Comment

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Worth remembering how Tory leadership contests work - you have to plot your way through the crowded field of the MP vote and get to a runoff, which will throw it over to the Party membership...

Comment

4 mins and 32 seconds since got out of car to through security.

no checked bag obv .
                                                                                                                          This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                                                          All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                                          The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X