This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
    Eventually I was withdrawing the maximum from the ATM every day as a teenager (€700) haha but I'm not that motivated by money or I'd be retired millionaire in the US. What I like about games are the learning and overcoming something, and in that sense learning poker is amazing, but when things are solved and it becomes studying it's boring, unless you're trying to come up with something yourself. So the only way to keep it interesting really is deviating and trying to beat people. Long hours at tables playing a certain optimal strategy without deviation, painful. And computers will make sure it is that way eventually, apart from drunk locals. Online will die due to computing advancement. That's why competitive computer games are so fun, you can try to improve or master one an move on to the next when you do, or suffer forever like andy playing one.
    Saw a brilliant documentary about the Dublin bridge scene a few years ago and always wanted to try it out. It looks a perfect mixture of brutal and quaint, with enough complexity to keep entertained for a good while.
    "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Just looking at this short clip from Vicky Phelan. Jesus, the ravages of cancer are brutal. Poor lady, and her family.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
        Looking at the rugby odds... New Zealand to win the series 2-1 against Ireland seem to be the right bet? You would fancy Ireland to win a test (any test)
        Good luck with that

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
          What year is it
          Any excuse to post this fantastic track from yesteryear

Comment

Looking at the rugby odds... New Zealand to win the series 2-1 against Ireland seem to be the right bet? You would fancy Ireland to win a test (any test)
            Nah we will loose all 3 I think.

lost both our backup loose heads today. Both our first choice hookers didn’t make the plane and Belham isn’t good enough as the backup at tight head.

Also Henderson is gone who is our heaviest second row and our best line out caller - I don’t think Ryan is a strong enough pack leader.

tight 5 is passable for 60 mins but we have nothing really for the last 20 if we are still in the games at that stage.

hope to be wrong tho and 1 win would be a great result.

Comment

I know we"ve toned down the use of the C word in here but.

R KELLY 30 years for trafficking. Good enough for the cunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                Huh? Did I miss a meeting...Cunts!

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post

Huh? Did I miss a meeting...Cunts!
                  The cunts had a meeting and all the offending cunts were told to tone the cunting cunt down . Not all cunts were invited especially not Buddhist cunts who in the main are at worst mere c**ts

Comment

I think calling it trafficking sells it short, on the off chance somebody thinks he was caught with drugs. The trafficking part is more of a technical thing as he crossed state lines.
                    The crimes are sexual abuse of minors, rape, physical abuse. A string of women aged 15-17 at the time. I don't know if it was worse that that, possibly.

I don't know how it's taken this long to catch the cunt. He married Aliyah when she was 15 back in the mid 90s. It's been an open secret that he's a pedo. for 25 years now.

Comment

and cunt Maxwell got 20. shame none of the black book cunts are going down though
                      Last edited by shrapnel; 30-06-22, 08:48.

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post

Don't worry Solskjaer , if I'm anything like the last round I'll be high handicap territory. It's only a bit of craic and there's nobody there to look at a putt from 7 angles.
                        So long as nobody starts using Aimpoint we'll be grand
                        Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

Paging 6starpool to his pm's or any of the admins. Murdrum wants back into the club and is having difficulty reactivating his account. He was apprehensive about rejoining but had a quick lurk and saw some actual poker talk to interest him. He has been down a rabbit hole recently in poker so wanted to share
                          Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

Originally posted by The Aul Switcharoo View Post
                            Paging 6starpool to his pm's or any of the admins. Murdrum wants back into the club and is having difficulty reactivating his account. He was apprehensive about rejoining but had a quick lurk and saw some actual poker talk to interest him. He has been down a rabbit hole recently in poker so wanted to share
                            Approved now, should be good to go. Did his old account get deleted or changed name or something that he has to register again?

Comment

Fairly nauseating poor me victim complex stuff going on on Twitter etc around airline lingus flight cancellations going by what’s being reported

1. It’s a world and industry wide problem
                              2. Travel chaos was entirely predictable this summer

actually feel sorry for the airlines having to compensate these people
                              Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

Originally posted by MysteryGuest View Post
                                Fairly nauseating poor me victim complex stuff going on on Twitter etc around airline lingus flight cancellations going by what’s being reported

hitch you can borrow this take for Twitter if you want, it would get good engagement
                                Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

I agree it’s a worldwide problem affecting many. People shouldn’t be taking it personal nor playing the victim.

But are you suggesting they shouldn’t be compensated? Come on, you’re become a parody at this stage.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post

I agree it’s a worldwide problem affecting many. People shouldn’t be taking it personal nor playing the victim.

But are you suggesting they shouldn’t be compensated? Come on, you’re become a parody at this stage.
                                    I agree somewhat with Michael O’Leary that people paying 15e for a one way flight getting hundreds of euro compensation isn’t quite right either. It’s hard to get the balance right.

Comment

Coinflex looks like the latest Crypto exchange that will go under. I am not sure Doug Polk has ever promoted anything before but he has been skilling these like crazy for the last year. He has promoted them on all his youtube videos, wears patches from them when he plays live, promotes them on Twitter, and generally just shilled them at every opportunity. He has gone after people hard over the years when stuff like this happens including recently in roasting Hellmuth at every opportunity for promoting Bitcoin Latinum so interesting to see how he handles this now.

aaup4qte6p891.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=ba68888ec61a0beefd515b83e0ea827d50d5482f.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post

I agree somewhat with Michael O’Leary that people paying 15e for a one way flight getting hundreds of euro compensation isn’t quite right either. It’s hard to get the balance right.
                                        it's a tough one. that missed flight can cost them hundreds in hotel cancellations etc. if they aren't able to get on a flight (which will cost them a lot more than 15 euros), they might end up losing their entire holiday

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                          Coinflex looks like the latest Crypto exchange that will go under. I am not sure Doug Polk has ever promoted anything before but he has been skilling these like crazy for the last year. He has promoted them on all his youtube videos, wears patches from them when he plays live, promotes them on Twitter, and generally just shilled them at every opportunity. He has gone after people hard over the years when stuff like this happens including recently in roasting Hellmuth at every opportunity for promoting Bitcoin Latinum so interesting to see how he handles this now.

aaup4qte6p891.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=ba68888ec61a0beefd515b83e0ea827d50d5482f.jpg
                                          Anyone with proper money on exchanges after the last few weeks is mental imo.
                                          I have some loyalty coins on kucoin and helium rewards on binance but the amounts are so small that it's hardly worth taking them out.
                                          Anything worthwhile has been converted to € or is in a ledger wallet
                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Going to brave Fort Lucan again this afternoon, due to extreme boredom of work. On the last visit this time last year it heavily resembled the type of amusement park you would encounter rambling through Kalingrad. We've such limited kids entertainment options in Dublin.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                              Going to brave Fort Lucan again this afternoon, due to extreme boredom of work. On the last visit this time last year it heavily resembled the type of amusement park you would encounter rambling through Kalingrad. We've such limited kids entertainment options in Dublin.
                                              Lucky you, started raining here and seven x 6yos decended into my office in the kitchen and are now watching some streamer on Youtube playing Minecraft on the TV. How do they even know about this shit. FML.

Comment

Going to any of these places in the afternoon is folly. Go at opening time and you/ll generally get an hour before it gets too busy.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

Lucky you, started raining here and seven x 6yos decended into my office in the kitchen and are now watching some streamer on Youtube playing Minecraft on the TV. How do they even know about this shit. FML.
                                                  oh ffs. I see it is about to rain. Yep, we're all Minecraft YouTubers or LegendofZelda YouTubers. It seems mindnumbingly boring.

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post

Going to any of these places in the afternoon is folly. Go at opening time and you/ll generally get an hour before it gets too busy.
                                                    They only open at 2pm for some reason. Maybe its a midweek thing.

Comment

Currently in middle of S2 of The Wire - found Zuutroy in Baltimore for whoever was looking for him

Comment

With the renewed poker chat, the Bonnington summer series starts tonight. Five day 1s, tonight at 7pm, tomorrow at 3pm and 7pm, Saturday 3pm and 7pm. Day 2 Sunday. Its €100 entry with 25k guaranteed which I'd expect to be closer to 50k at the end of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                          Currently in middle of S2 of The Wire - found Zuutroy in Baltimore for whoever was looking for him
                                                          Still baffled by Nicks pi tattoo without explanation
                                                          airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post

I agree that in isolation that seems a bit unbalanced. But the actual cost of the flight is somewhat irrelevant. Flying is shit, its not about the flight, its about the destination or trip.
                                                            I think the impact of the cancellation needs to be impacted. Somebody who was coming from from a trip, and is delayed 12 hours, should be compensated for the inconvenience. but somebody who missed 2 days of a 5 day trip, should be compensated for the loss and the hotel, events they missed. It's somewhat case by case, but also get that standard compensation amounts make it easier to process.

Comment

The traffic "chaos" has been very exaggerated! Ive been to Istanbul twice in the last month and just flew to Mexico with zero problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post

I agree that in isolation that seems a bit unbalanced. But the actual cost of the flight is somewhat irrelevant. Flying is shit, its not about the flight, its about the destination or trip.
                                                                I think the impact of the cancellation needs to be impacted. Somebody who was coming from from a trip, and is delayed 12 hours, should be compensated for the inconvenience. but somebody who missed 2 days of a 5 day trip, should be compensated for the loss and the hotel, events they missed. It's somewhat case by case, but also get that standard compensation amounts make it easier to process.
                                                                If you missed the bus the airport should Dublin Bus also compensate you? Similar question for if you booked a taxi to the airport and it doesn’t turn up (as happened me last week at 4am)

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post

The traffic "chaos" has been very exaggerated! Ive been to Istanbul twice in the last month and just flew to Mexico with zero problems.
                                                                  I think it’s quite binary as you either arrive in your destination and are fine with that (even if you have to queue a bit longer or your flight arrives 90 mins later, whatever all that is acceptable) or your flight is cancelled and you don’t make your destination and SOMEONE MUST PAY
                                                                  "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

Hopefully (but unlikely) we get the double up tomorrow
                                                                    Unlucky
                                                                    finished well
                                                                    nearly up

Comment

EOM starts at 7 right? Pint beforehand anyone?
                                                                      "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                        EOM starts at 7 right? Pint beforehand anyone?
                                                                        Poker tournies start at 7 now? WTAF.
                                                                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

The Bear, fantastic new show...very very good.
                                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Listening to Kate Bush's 'Never for Ever' again. Not her best, though at least there's no Rolf Harris on it
                                                                            Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Jungleman leading the $50k 8-game players championship with 5 left. He won the same event last year. Some achievement if he manages to take it down again.

Comment

RadioShack twitter is quite something at the moment:

Comment

Land Rover told not to run ad again suggesting driving a SUV helps to save planet

https://www.irishtimes.com/ireland/2...o-save-planet/

they left out that they ran these ads themselves and that the cringiest one was Brian o driscolls- thought about complaining myself- utter guff.

also look a that headline- a suv- paper of record my hole
                                                                                  Last edited by MysteryGuest; 30-06-22, 21:22.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

Anyone with proper money on exchanges after the last few weeks is mental imo.
                                                                                    I have some loyalty coins on kucoin and helium rewards on binance but the amounts are so small that it's hardly worth taking them out.
                                                                                    Anything worthwhile has been converted to € or is in a ledger wallet
                                                                                    Doug Polk always came across as an oily huckster to me

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

More compatible for people working maybe? Start at 7pm, Lloyd said he won or finished 2nd in one of those and finished at 2am which is OK for working the next day. Starting at 9pm and finishing at 4am would be a pain in the bollox.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

Day 1 trauma of kids off school offseted to go to pub at 7pm, half ideas of Aquarium game but decided against it and while ponering the food menu we decided about 8.30 to skip the pub grub and depart early to get chipper and home. Rocked up to "award winning" chipper next door at 10.20pm to find doors locked,. Those fuckers must have cleaned up during Covid.

Comment

I want to collect something. Feel there might be innate value in a collection, where its both an enjoyable effort and a decent investment. Pondering stamps. But might there be a lot of counterfeits in that? Rare books? - but a modern version of rare book collecting where you develop an algorithm to determine what book characteristics create future collectables value and collect the first editions of those new-ish books to store up future value?

Comment

I want to collect something. Feel there might be innate value in a collection, where its both an enjoyable effort and a decent investment. Pondering stamps. But might there be a lot of counterfeits in that? Rare books? - but a modern version of rare book collecting where you develop an algorithm to determine what book characteristics create future collectables value and collect the first editions of those new-ish books to store up future value?
                                                                                            Crypto or NFTs

Comment

Hmmm, paying yourself via BOI-BOL @ 25 minitues after midnight on the 1st of the month after a rake of pints is not advisable when you have fat fingers. My 80yo Accountant will love me come year end looky

Comment

Wine fits the 'enjoyable effort/decent investment' bill.

I collected cigarette lighters as a teenager, mainly in case my Ma found one on me. Had some good ones, a Porsche, an Eiffel tower, a gun.

Was an enjoyable effort. Worth shit though.
                                                                                                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Rigger came 5th for 750+. Played ridic good poker unlucky to run 10s into aces. Had great fun telling lads railing the FT they didn't know who he is coz he's been getting it quietly for years. Legend.
                                                                                                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Enjoyed the EOM but running KK into AA for 40bbs after the break reminded me why I like cash.

Went to the bonnington then for Omaha but there was only holdem. Played 40 mins 5 handed then bust 3 others in one hand and game broke. +750

Dropped into the Loft on the way home and just in from that now. In for 500 out for 1350.
                                                                                                    ​Fuck tournaments.

Comment

Rigger came 5th for 750+. Played ridic good poker unlucky to run 10s into aces. Had great fun telling lads railing the FT they didn't know who he is coz he's been getting it quietly for years. Legend.
                                                                                                      How many runners did EOM get?
                                                                                                      No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

How many runners did EOM get?
                                                                                                        37
                                                                                                        "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Andy sent me a pic of last 4 on FT with Rigger in it. Spotted my mate in it too so sent it to him.

His reply was a classic "Ur man that took that photo is a weird old bloke"

Comment

Not wrong in fairness

Comment

Where did you finish Andy?

Comment

Went out right after the first break, shoved over a late open and ran into Aces with my bag of spanners. You?

Comment

I thought i was mellowing in my old age.

Was at the local deli counter at the breakfast part ordering a Friday treat . Builder guy beside me loudly and rudely . CAN YOU FKIN WALK AROUND ME AND DONT TALK OVER ME.

EHi'll stay where i am sez I , did you get out of bed on the wrong side. DICKHEAD he spews. Hmmm now 10 years ago this would have escalated. I said to the deli girl Sorry you had to listen to that hoping this will convey I'm a reasonable person but wont be intimidated by some arsehole.
                                                                                                                  Anyway he gives me the death stare . Im kind of disappointed i was ready to engage physically and part of me was agitated enough to think like that.

One step forward and another one back. I'm a WIP .

Comment

Went out right after the first break, shoved over a late open and ran into Aces with my bag of spanners. You?
                                                                                                                    Ah right - finished nowhere, out a while after the main break. You have to win your all-ins!

Comment

I thought i was mellowing in my old age.

Was at the local deli counter at the breakfast part ordering a Friday treat . Builder guy beside me loudly and rudely . CAN YOU FKIN WALK AROUND ME AND DONT TALK OVER ME.

EHi'll stay where i am sez I , did you get out of bed on the wrong side. DICKHEAD he spews. Hmmm now 10 years ago this would have escalated. I said to the deli girl Sorry you had to listen to that hoping this will convey I'm a reasonable person but wont be intimidated by some arsehole.
                                                                                                                      Anyway he gives me the death stare . Im kind of disappointed i was ready to engage physically and part of me was agitated enough to think like that.

One step forward and another one back. I'm a WIP .
                                                                                                                      Was out playing 9 at Craddockstown yesterday. We were backed up a bit so myself and a buddy decided to hit a few practice bunker shots. No one behind us.

One ball. Hit it out. Go get it. Put it back in. Hit it out. Etc.

Was walking to putt out the ball after maybe the 3rd and hear a whistle from across the course. Some lad two tee boxes over whistling at me, making a raking gesture.

If my buddy wasn’t a member old rakey buddy woulda got a swift GFY. Instead settled for the more mature “don’t worry” response.
                                                                                                                      This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                                                      All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                                      The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Seeing as we have been talking poker here is a hand from last night that was the only real interesting one I played.

Raise in EP to 1600 playing 400/800. Call on the button and I defend the BB with 97o of 22k stack, villains cover.

Flop is 8c6d3d and preflop raiser bets 2.2k, button calls and I raise to 6k. EP calls and button folds

Turn Kc and I check fold to a jam with 14k behind.
                                                                                                                        ​​​​​​Thoughts? Felt like a raise was good on flop but the call by EP is very strong with player behind. Kc is obviously a terrible card but is it too weak to just check fold?

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                                                                                                                          Seeing as we have been talking poker here is a hand from last night that was the only real interesting one I played.

Raise in EP to 1600 playing 400/800. Call on the button and I defend the BB with 97o of 22k stack, villains cover.

Flop is 8c6d3d and preflop raiser bets 2.2k, button calls and I raise to 6k. EP calls and button folds

Turn Kc and I check fold to a jam with 14k behind.
                                                                                                                          ​​​​​​Thoughts? Felt like a raise was good on flop but the call by EP is very strong with player behind. Kc is obviously a terrible card but is it too weak to just check fold?
                                                                                                                          With 5.2k in the pot and only 22k behind, I would be calling pre and shoving the flop.

But then I am probably LLoyd wet dream to play against
                                                                                                                          Last edited by pokerhand; 01-07-22, 11:29.
                                                                                                                          No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X