This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enjoyed Billie Eilish's set.

She's a class act hope she can keep the good attitude going.
    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
      Am back home soon and have booked a round at Palmerstown House for the 5th July at 3pm.

Myself and Coillcam in so far, my oul lad can’t make it and my buddies are non golfer losers.

Would happily make it an IPB foursome if lads here wanted to jump in?

Switch? Brady ( if you are lurking?)? Elbows? Solks?

edit: and any golfers who I’m not aware of. All welcome.
      Can’t unfortunately but would love a game sometime
      His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
        If one was to go to the Dublin Horse Show, what day would give the most entertainment to easily-bored kids, and easily-bored adults? Ideally not finale day as it will be packed. The website programme seems highly complicated with a million different activities every day. Thought I remember some sort of thing where the riders take turns to run around a ring jumping over things and there is some sort of jump-off at the end.

https://www.dublinhorseshow.com/
        That might be the pony club event,
        basically miniature humans on miniature horses doing an obstacle course.
        Heats run every day with the final on Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
          Congrats and hard luck to GAB going out in 14th place in the WSOP 8 handed Omaha.
          Congratulations Brian Noel.

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post

Seems to be some seriously large buy-in events at the WSOP this year. I don't remember the WSOP always having such buy-ins. Daniel is down always a million in this series already. 500k of that does come from firing two bullets in the 250k. He said 3 out of the 4 players ahead of him registering for the 250k were recreationals which seems kinda crazy. Apparently, the Colossus had like 10k players trying to reg to play one of the flights today and they can't seat them all. Live Poker at all levels in America seems to be booming.
            WSOP have done a good job of creating a schedule with something for everyone
            with small (500-1k) buy-in NLH events
            for the masses like the millionaire maker,
            10k championships in most other variants
            & nose bleed stuff for the hoodie wearing brigade.
            Last edited by DeeBrown; 25-06-22, 00:43.

Comment

When was the last time you played live poker?

The winner is the longest time.

I think it's 5 years for me, a tourney in the Fitz.

I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                  Old men making decisions about young women. I wonder if they realise the handmaids tale is fiction ?
                  I’m pro-choice and think the laws should allow some freedom to choice an abortion.

But Wade v Roe seems like an odd piece of the constitution to justify the above. Like most people I haven’t read the original, but based on a scan of the 14th vrs our 8th, it was probably reaching a bit. I’m not surprised it was overturned.

Comment

Thats brutally retrograde in the US. Its some democracy where the main power seems to lie with a small group of unelected people put in office by lobbyists. Once again, thank fuck for living in Ireland.
                    Isn't it basically thrown over to individual states now?

So Alabama can choose to be a weird theocracy but Massachusetts (where all the cool people live) can choose to be a bastion of liberality.
                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

Last month, in the SE for a quick drunken spin.

Comment

Originally posted by DeeBrown View Post

That might be the pony club event,
                        basically miniature humans on miniature horses doing an obstacle course.
                        Heats run every day with the final on Sunday.
                        The mounted games would be good for the kids too

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

So Alabama can choose to be a weird theocracy but Massachusetts (where all the cool people live) can choose to be a bastion of liberality.
                          Poor people or the young might not be able to travel. Its they who will suffer . As for choosing . Its bible bashers choosing .
                          Its amazing how a lof of religion involes the supression of women.
                          Scary as fuck over there right now . So divided . Buy a gun or keep all opinions close to the chest .

Comment

Having not heard about him for a very long time, I see Trump is fav for next President 7/2.

10/11 republicans to win.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post

I’m pro-choice and think the laws should allow some freedom to choice an abortion.

But Wade v Roe seems like an odd piece of the constitution to justify the above. Like most people I haven’t read the original, but based on a scan of the 14th vrs our 8th, it was probably reaching a bit. I’m not surprised it was overturned.
                              . Why not amend it ? What they've done is a simple fk you to the young WOMEN of America . Adding more division unnecessarily. It feels like the Civil war is still smouldering beneath the surface. One side won but the other side passed on the bitterness to the following generations. Trump fed off it akin to how Hitler screamed about the injustice done to Germany after WW1 . The US is highly toxic right now.

Comment

What's frustrating is it's a tiny cohort of powerful waspy cunts. Why can't people organise, rise up and fucking slaughter them.

Comment

. Why not amend it ? What they've done is a simple fk you to the young WOMEN of America . Adding more division unnecessarily. It feels like the Civil war is still smouldering beneath the surface. One side won but the other side passed on the bitterness to the following generations. Trump fed off it akin to how Hitler screamed about the injustice done to Germany after WW1 . The US is highly toxic right now.
                                  Do you mean 'Change the constitution'? That's effectively impossible, especially so on this issue. Requires the support of 66% of both houses, and because the Senate has just 2 senators per state (regardless of state population) it takes just 17 small states to serve as a blocker.
                                  They've managed to get 27 amendments through in their 230 years of existence, but 11 of them were in the first decade. Just 1 amendment in the last 50 years.
                                  List of amendments to the United States Constitution - Wikipedia
                                  So 'interpreting the Constitution' via the Supreme Court is where change happens.

Comment

sure, but apparently most abortions are by very low income women, who just probably can't afford to travel.
                                    "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

What's frustrating is it's a tiny cohort of powerful waspy cunts. Why can't people organise, rise up and fucking slaughter them.
                                      Well now that it's up to state legislature can't they just vote on the matter, or elect more like-minded politicians?
                                      ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                        Having not heard about him for a very long time, I see Trump is fav for next President 7/2.

Thats not a bad price at all. Considering the next election will probably be held in an economic recession and the preconception of the population that the current gov are always responsible for the current economic conditions.

Comment

The IPB event in the club on parnell street...whenever that was

actually, pretty sure that's the last time I played a hand of poker full stop.
                                          Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Not sure it's as simple as just 'travelling' for an abortion either. Pretty sure most of the red states are enacting legislation to allow people to report on women seeking abortions and making it illegal to cross state borders for that purpose. How that plays out in reality god only knows.

Seems to me that Americas problem is that the democrats still think that eventually everything will come good and so won't try to overhaul the system (filabuster etc) whereas the Reps are willing to burn everything and everyone in front of them and bend/break whatever rules they can to hold onto power (gerrymandering, loading scotus, coup attempts)

When you consider just how much the demographics have changed and yet the reps are still pretty much impossible to remove it tells me that while they call it democracy it has been closer to absolutism for quite a while now.

It is only going to continue to get worse becuase one side is playing by the rules and willingly ignoring the fact that the other isn't even playing the same game anymore.
                                            Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post

Do you mean 'Change the constitution'? That's effectively impossible, especially so on this issue. Requires the support of 66% of both houses, and because the Senate has just 2 senators per state (regardless of state population) it takes just 17 small states to serve as a blocker.
                                              They've managed to get 27 amendments through in their 230 years of existence, but 11 of them were in the first decade. Just 1 amendment in the last 50 years.
                                              So 'interpreting the Constitution' via the Supreme Court is where change happens.
                                              Not really what i meant but thanks for that, pretty interesting

Comment

4 years ago in Green Aisle . Late buy in 1st hand QQ v 55 all in preflop. 5 window. . Remember laughing as it was 1st game in a while . Off to bar and sidelines . Actually will play again soon. Green Isle on tonight but i'll be in Croker

Comment

What would you amend in the constitution?
                                                  Why would they even need to? There is no restriction on abortion at a federal level. States that want to protect that right will do so, many already do.

Pretty much. The overturn of Roe v Wade just means there is no right to abortion in the 14th amendment.
                                                  Nothing will change in blue states. The red states have restrictive laws and bans ready to go.

Comment

Emmet iirc were you at Edinburgh university? we're currently looking at uni picks for son number 1, and Edinburgh is an option (he's allowed 5 picks) so just wanted your thoughts/opinions on it

Comment

And even more bizarrely, the last amendment in 1992 was proposed 1789. Really highlights how slow and impossible the process is.
                                                      Most of the amendments that do get through are really basic things like succession or presidency, right to vote. Nothing significant has happened since Prohibition.

Comment

4 years ago in Green Aisle . Late buy in 1st hand QQ v 55 all in preflop. 5 window. . Remember laughing as it was 1st game in a while . Off to bar and sidelines . Actually will play again soon. Green Isle on tonight but i'll be in Croker
                                                        Structures are terrible for those irish poker tour events anyway. Antes from the start and skipping levels. Have played in bonnington twice recently and seems to have decent structures for 1 day games out there

Comment

Considering whats forecasted for mid terms, id wouldnt rule out a change coming

​​​​
                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

One for Shrap

Comment

One for Shrap

lol what a mess he was, but what an absolute genius.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                Emmet iirc were you at Edinburgh university? we're currently looking at uni picks for son number 1, and Edinburgh is an option (he's allowed 5 picks) so just wanted your thoughts/opinions on it
                                                                Yup would speak very highly of the place. Herself is from there so we spend quite a fair bit of time in the city and surroundings still.

What is he aiming to study?

Comment

Abortion issue solved. Next.....

Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

I'd rather back De Santis myself.

Shanahans dinner bet for Dec 2024?

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post

lol what a mess he was, but what an absolute genius.
                                                                      Who is he?
                                                                      No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

It will be truly hilarious when the first high profile Republican gets caught shipping their teenage daughter interstate for an abortion.

FFS, I imagine Trump had paid for a good few down the years.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post

Who is he?
                                                                          Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Abonnez-vous http://bit.ly/inachansons01/01/1968Dans un décor de vieille grange qui rappelle celui du film du même nom, Brigitte BARDOT et Serge GAINSBOURG c...

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Comment

Pro tip: if anyone gives you a present of an 878 piece Lego bonsai tree throw it straight in the bin and punch them for the most relaxing outcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post

Yup would speak very highly of the place. Herself is from there so we spend quite a fair bit of time in the city and surroundings still.

What is he aiming to study?
                                                                                  Cheers Emmet. He's still thinking about it but either mechanical engineering or general engineering (doing maths, further maths and physics at A levels)

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post

Who is he?
                                                                                    one of the greatest French singer songwriters ever(2 very good examples given above by CC and DP, but if you want to listen to more i can suggest dozens of others), and one of the greatest French seducers ever. Hard to believe, but they were queueing up to get in bed with him. he went out with Brigitte Bardot, Catherine Deneuve, (all in their heyday), and eventually married Jane Birkin, but he was a serious alcoholic and chain smoker (he wouldn't even sit in a 30 minute interview without having at least 4 packs of gitanes by his side, just in case).

Comment

First person to say 'I think you're fucking mad' in relation to our American sojourn.

A teacher of course.

Comment

You wanna hear mad? I know a guy seriously contemplating selling his house in Balbriggan and moving the family to Aranmor - the little island off Donegal with a population under 500.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                          You wanna hear mad? I know a guy seriously contemplating selling his house in Balbriggan and moving the family to Aranmor - the little island off Donegal with a population under 500.
                                                                                          I'd choose Aranmor over Balbriggan all day every day.

AINEC

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post

AINEC
                                                                                            Dunno, sounds very hedonic treadmillish to me.

What happens when the novelty wears off and you've adapted to the ocean and scenery to the point it bores you, and all you've got is shit Internet and neighbours with three teeth and little intelligible English?

Comment

AINEC
                                                                                              Would deffo choose it over Boston

Comment

and neighbours with three teeth and little intelligible English?
                                                                                                I mean.... that could definitely apply to large areas of the capital too.

Comment

Originally posted by Degag View Post

I mean.... that could definitely apply to large areas of the capital too.
                                                                                                  Very true, but at least in the schmoke you can leggit off away

Comment

Needed a quick bite in Dublin during the week and popped into Bambino's near Stephen's Green. wowsers those are very fine pizza slices.

Comment

I hope they've spent some January/February time on Aranmor as it'll be very different to the June/July holiday experience.
                                                                                                      And also have some solid ideas of what they are going to do with themselves, beyond vague ideas of "I'll finally write my book whilst she'll take up the painting again".
                                                                                                      The RTE programme Nationwide regularly has people who've taken themselves out of the urban rat-race and carved a successful life for themselves in isolated communities so it is theoretically possible. Though I'd guess the fail-rate is quite high.

Comment

Yup - entire western seaboard is horrible- best off staying on Dublin and confining your visits west to a max of 2 weeks a year please
                                                                                                        Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

Originally posted by MysteryGuest View Post
                                                                                                          Yup - entire western seaboard is horrible- best off staying on Dublin and confining your visits west to a max of 2 weeks a year please
                                                                                                          I see what you did there

Comment

Needed a quick bite in Dublin during the week and popped into Bambino's near Stephen's Green. wowsers those are very fine pizza slices.
                                                                                                            Proper New York slices of pizza, cracking stuff.

Comment

Proper New York slices of pizza, cracking stuff.
                                                                                                              Tried the kid's margherita pizza, which I normally avoid due to its usual blandness, and even that was great.

Comment

It will be truly hilarious when the first high profile Republican gets caught shipping their teenage daughter interstate for an abortion.

FFS, I imagine Trump had paid for a good few down the years.
                                                                                                                Trump definitely on first name terms with his specific abortion doctor.

The thing I find most interesting that repealing Wade v Roe is largely heralded as a massive step back for society. Where as repealing the 8th in Ireland was largely seen as a massive step forward.

Whereas the effect of both moves was the exact same. I think that sums up the American problem as well as anything could.

Comment

Tried the kid's margherita pizza, which I normally avoid due to its usual blandness, and even that was great.
                                                                                                                  tbf, pizzas are generally better the less toppings they have. Got a cheese pizza recently enough (cause country shops don't sell the auld fancy peperoni shite) and it was quite nice; as nice as frozen pizza goes.

Although, i probably added a bit of pesto etc to it i think.

Comment

The thing I find most interesting that repealing Wade v Roe is largely heralded as a massive step back for society. Where as repealing the 8th in Ireland was largely seen as a massive step forward.

Whereas the effect of both moves was the exact same. I think that sums up the American problem as well as anything could.
                                                                                                                    Repeal of Roe has the opposite affect of the 8th repeal.

Comment

Opposite effect no?
                                                                                                                      There's also the very real fear that if or when the
                                                                                                                      Republicans control the House, Senate and Presidency again - they absolutely will make a federal law banning abortion. I bet you they are happy to get rid of the filibuster in order to make it happen, if needs be.

You have GOP senators calling out brown vs board of education as next target, gay marriage, gay relationships, right of privacy in the bedroom, contraceptives. Everytime is up for grabs with this supreme court. Its a clown show.

​​​

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

Opposite effe
                                                                                                                        There's also the very real fear that if or when the
                                                                                                                        Republicans control the House, Senate and Presidency again - they absolutely will make a federal law banning abortion.

​​​
                                                                                                                        Wager?

Comment

Went on the beer in Dublin after the GAA match. Been a while . Coincided with PRIDE night. Lol some of the antics and sights . I think yer average US Republican might have unloaded a chamber . Ronnie Drews Dublin sure has changed .

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X