This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dinekes View Post

What line you in Pat...if I may make so.bold (and I dont see why I shouldn't!)

Edit
    Hope it's not bee keeping!
    Short answer is medical. Management side of things.
    Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
      Broke up with the missus of 5 years about 6 weeks ago. Just couldn't get aligned on the bigger things in life. One of those things. At peace with it tbh.

Met a 21 year old who've I've been, eh, hanging out, with.

This whole last 6 weeks does feel very mid life crisisey looking back on it.
      Resigned.
      Taking risks.
      Funding.
      Break up.
      Riding young wans.

This is almost certainly my most Hitchish post ever.

What's her golf swing like?
      Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

We should all hope for a mid-life crisis like teresas. Am off to Naples tomorrow to continue my own personal midlife crisis.
        "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Good postage tonight lads.

Father/Daughter milestones, ridin young wans on the break up and a finger up the prostate bum.

Man stuff.
          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

I was watching a TikTok yesterday where two girls were discussing how all guys would protest vigorously if they were to actively propose sticking a finger up the ass, so the best approach was to just stick it in and then guys invariably go with it.
            "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Class. Great memory.

Is the golf suffering now that she has found the delights of late teen life?
              No. She is pushing on actually. Won one comp and featured twice this year. Handicap down to 16 from 19 at start of year. Playing interclub on two of the ladies teams is giving her massive experience and confidence. Ladies at the club have been very good to her.

She wants to go back to US golf camp next year. We have agreed to fund it and back her if she reaches a few targets which will indicate if she is truly interested. She needs to get to 14 handicap, save 2K and hit some academic targets before Christmas. We (her, her mother and me) signed an agreement to that effect. She is on track. Fair play to her.

Thanks for your help with her earlier in the year. Good luck with the new ventures. Believe and fcuk the begrudges.

video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload

Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post

No. She is pushing on actually. Won one comp and featured twice this year. Handicap down to 16 from 19 at start of year. Playing interclub on two of the ladies teams is giving her massive experience and confidence. Ladies at the club have been very good to her.

She wants to go back to US golf camp next year. We have agreed to fund it and back her if she reaches a few targets which will indicate if she is truly interested. She needs to get to 14 handicap, save 2K and hit some academic targets before Christmas. We (her, her mother and me) signed an agreement to that effect. She is on track. Fair play to her.

Thanks for your help with her earlier in the year. Good luck with the new ventures. Believe and fcuk the begrudges.

Practice practice and more practice

Is their many junior members in her club. Boy members too?

My club in Waterford has about 600 members overall 60 juniors of which 3 are scratch or better and another 5 or 6 who are between 4 and 9

Basically throughout their school years they were basically dropped to the course in summer during the week by parents and played all day everyday. Head Pro always helped with coaching and rarely charged extra. Hence 1 is in louisiana on golf scholarship and the other 2 have offers for when they finish the leaving next year.

Playing with better players makes you better and that's a fact. Jesus I wish I could have done this when younger. I'm down to 4 handicap and the difference between them and me is incredible. I'm playing one of the 17 year olds in a scratch match on Tuesday. He's off +3 and u18 international. Will try and get him to the 16th

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post

Class. Great to hear.

I’ve actually got one owed to you. I dropped the ball on it but I will get it done. One of our main coaches is a former LPGA and Symetra Tour player so I’ll get it done I promise.

Does she have an iPhone?
                  This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                  All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                  The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Always knew running was the true sicko degen disease.

Stephen Kerr is telling me that running was his drug and addiction too until it spiralled downwards into gambling and alcohol abuse and endless lines of cocaine and left him emaciated and living out of his car with no hope at all. He’s now coming up on six months clean and sober and absolutely counting himself among the lucky ones.
                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Pepsiwithacap 3.15 Limerick

friend of mine owes a leg in the above and they are very hopeful of it been placed today

Comment

Captains prize today. Windy as fuck. Drifted out to 6.2 so have 7 shots. Got a new putter as it turned out the face on my old one was gone (putted terribly this year). Speech written
                        His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Class. Great to hear.

I’ve actually got one owed to you. I dropped the ball on it but I will get it done. One of our main coaches is a former LPGA and Symetra Tour player so I’ll get it done I promise.

Does she have an iPhone?
                          Thanks. She has an iPhone. Spunked 1200 of her summer job money on it at the end of last year without telling me. I detest Apple overpriced proprietary crap and she had a perfectly good Redmi phone. I had to bite my tongue for the most part. Her money. Sometimes it's challenging being a control freak.

Comment

i know we were talking about this in the last few days, but just received my mortgage letter saying my 2 years at 1.29% are coming to an end. choices now are 2 years at 2.29% or 5 or 10 years at 2.39%

definitely going 5 years, but would it be worthwhile going 10?

Comment

Originally posted by balfejohn View Post
                              Pepsiwithacap 3.15 Limerick

friend of mine owes a leg in the above and they are very hopeful of it been placed today
                              Hope he didn't name it, that is some awful pick.

GL!

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

Hope he didn't name it, that is some awful pick.

GL!
                                Ur taken the fizz out of it before it runs

got word for another ew bet

Peckham Springs 2nd race Downroyal

Comment

^^^
                                  Just came in and sat down and this is going by as I open this page.

This week I've missed getting on three big priced winners I'd intended to back through being busy and distracted. Grrrr
                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Some finish in Capetown
                                    Whose idea was it to let these Saffers into out league anyway

Comment

Hello strangers! I am coming here to see if I can find a home for 2 Duran Duran tickets. The concert is tomorrow at St Anne's Park. Due to me getting covid and surgery being moved to allegedly 9th of June, we could not go. By the time my operation date was settled, it was now going to be the 27th of June. The flights from Malta went up to 1300 return for us and there was no way we were wasting that for a weekend.

They were part of a Christmas present from Tony to me. I am gutted we can't go.
                                      I would really really hate to see them wasted.

If anyone wants to make an offer or knows anyone that would like to go. Either reply or PM me or send a message on FB to me or Tony.
                                      The tickets were 59.90 each

Thanks folks

My FB link is
                                      Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Comment

Some capitulation by the Rossies

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                          Some finish in Capetown
                                          Whose idea was it to let these Saffers into out league anyway
                                          Cause it's a soft league that needs a bit of extra competition? Not that i agree with it but i understand the logic.

Comment

Still haven't cancelled that NOW sports sub I got for the Masters. Was about to then figured fuck it I'll wait until after the PGA, now I'm thinking fuck it I'll wait until after the US Open. This is how they snare ya.

Comment

34 points. 4 doubles and 4 birdies. Was -2 thru 3. 16 out down wind 18 back into. Won the lads sweep for €160 and might get a prize.
                                              His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Theresa Best of luck, big moves and life changing but will help the focus for sure.

Comment

Lads, stop whatever it is you're investing in and put your loots into anything Smarthome. That industry is about to explode.

The big tech firms, Apple, Amazon, Google, Samsung, and over 200 others are collaborating to create a new standard for home automation. It's called Matter and is due to launch this Autumn.

The 'Internet of Things', everything in the home seamlessly connected, voice activated, has been a pipe dream until now.

Devices from different manufacturers currently speak different languages, getting them all to talk to each other requires the brain of a DeadParrot or a Tar Aldarion. The average Joe doesn't have a notion.

The average Joe though, is the market.

Matter changes all this. Just like Bluetooth, how it allows the phone you bought off Samsung play tunes on the speaker you bought from Volkswagen, Matter will allow your coffee machine to communicate with your alarm clock, your lights to communicate with your blinds. All over a Thread mesh network, without the need for multiple bridge devices.

Just like Bluetooth you won't have a clue how it works, the point is it just does, and you don't need to know, or figure it out. You'll be able to use whatever Matter App you want to control everything too.

The main app poised to be a frontrunner in this is SmartThings but there are opportunities for the Theresas of this world. Bricks and mortar Smarthome stores will also be a thing, people like to play with devices.

Innovation will also massively drive the market. Billions of R&D money is currently, or has been spent on making devices link with third party devices.

Once Matter is rolled out all of those resources will be pumped into innovation, new products, exploding the market further.

Get on it, you heard it here.

Comment

Some great lines in this

So we watched as one by one players at the Centurion Club pretended to have sound reasons for joining the breakaway, and then just gave up and effectively said it was for the money. Phil Mickelson looked notably baffled and sweaty, projecting all the calm moral authority of an evangelical Republican presidential candidate squinting into the police cruiser headlights as he’s hauled out of a Las Vegas ditch in a rubber gimp vest.

Mickelson said he was, like, really worried about the fate of Jamal Khashoggi, because that was totally bad, and in the same breath talked about how he’s really enjoying hiking and skiing and improving his work-life balance. Lee Westwood talked about people being “scared of change”

Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

Graeme mcdowell is everything that is bad about golf distilled

LIV have assembled some collection of shot stains bothe in front and behind the ropes- even have ari fleischer on board
                                                      Will you ever fuck off with that shite... you are easily one of the worst posters on here for this-Pokerhand

Comment

Originally posted by MysteryGuest View Post
                                                        Graeme mcdowell is everything that is bad about golf distilled

LIV have assembled some collection of shot stains bothe in front and behind the ropes- even have ari fleischer on board
                                                        As we speak he is honing his mid Atlantic accent to add a hint of Saudi .

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                          Lads, stop whatever it is you're investing in and put your loots into anything Smarthome. That industry is about to explode.

The big tech firms, Apple, Amazon, Google, Samsung, and over 200 others are collaborating to create a new standard for home automation. It's called Matter and is due to launch this Autumn.

The 'Internet of Things', everything in the home seamlessly connected, voice activated, has been a pipe dream until now.

Devices from different manufacturers currently speak different languages, getting them all to talk to each other requires the brain of a DeadParrot or a Tar Aldarion. The average Joe doesn't have a notion.

The average Joe though, is the market.

Matter changes all this. Just like Bluetooth, how it allows the phone you bought off Samsung play tunes on the speaker you bought from Volkswagen, Matter will allow your coffee machine to communicate with your alarm clock, your lights to communicate with your blinds. All over a Thread mesh network, without the need for multiple bridge devices.

Just like Bluetooth you won't have a clue how it works, the point is it just does, and you don't need to know, or figure it out. You'll be able to use whatever Matter App you want to control everything too.

The main app poised to be a frontrunner in this is SmartThings but there are opportunities for the Theresas of this world. Bricks and mortar Smarthome stores will also be a thing, people like to play with devices.

Innovation will also massively drive the market. Billions of R&D money is currently, or has been spent on making devices link with third party devices.

Once Matter is rolled out all of those resources will be pumped into innovation, new products, exploding the market further.

Get on it, you heard it here.

I predict HH will be the 1st death when the wankmaster 7 literally pulls him off .

Im IN . take my money.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

I predict HH will be the 1st death when the wankmaster 7 literally pulls him off .

Im IN . take my money.
                                                            Ha, your motion sensors will be able to keep sketch when you're lamping the flashlight out of it

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post

Went to it last week with the kids. There are 3 different parts lasting about 45 mins and probably another 15 mins of things to do when you come out.

Enjoyed the first two parts but didnt get the last one. 9 year old who is big into art loved it and the 15 year old teen who I expected to be bored out of his tree said it wasn't to bad ( equivalent to 7/10).

It's a bit more than his pictures super imposed on a wall but still a bit pricey for a family of 4.
                                                                Pretty amazing sensory experience although I'd say you could end up in the psychiatric ward if you had a head on you.

Comment

Google engineer who thinks the company’s AI has come to life

"Before he was cut off from access to his Google account Monday, Lemoine sent a message to a 200-person Google mailing list on machine learning with the subject “LaMDA is sentient.”

He ended the message: “LaMDA is a sweet kid who just wants to help the world be a better place for all of us. Please take care of it well in my absence.”

No one responded."

Comment

Hope Rory manages to get it over the line tonight

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                      Still haven't cancelled that NOW sports sub I got for the Masters. Was about to then figured fuck it I'll wait until after the PGA, now I'm thinking fuck it I'll wait until after the US Open. This is how they snare ya.
                                                                      Go to cancel it, they'll offer you a better deal in my experience. I cancelled at end of 3 month deal and they have me 3 more same price at one stage. Another time I took a deal 25e a month or something and didn't use it at all first month so went to cancel, got offered 13e a month for a few months. V easy to play the system
                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                        Hope Rory manages to get it over the line tonight
                                                                        Burns is my horsey

Comment

Burns is my horsey
                                                                          My horse lost a leg yesterday so hoping Rory ships even just to pad out a few prices for next week.

Comment

This final round has the makings of an EPIC. Some PGAs boys have stepped up.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                              Hello strangers! I am coming here to see if I can find a home for 2 Duran Duran tickets. The concert is tomorrow at St Anne's Park. Due to me getting covid and surgery being moved to allegedly 9th of June, we could not go. By the time my operation date was settled, it was now going to be the 27th of June. The flights from Malta went up to 1300 return for us and there was no way we were wasting that for a weekend.

They were part of a Christmas present from Tony to me. I am gutted we can't go.
                                                                              I would really really hate to see them wasted.

If anyone wants to make an offer or knows anyone that would like to go. Either reply or PM me or send a message on FB to me or Tony.
                                                                              The tickets were 59.90 each

Thanks folks

My FB link is
                                                                              Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Brag post imo. Cold and hosing rain over the road in St Annes.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

Brag post imo. Cold and hosing rain over the road in St Annes.
                                                                                Hold back the rain.

Comment

This final round has the makings of an EPIC. Some PGAs boys have stepped up.

RORY and JT out in 29 and then Rory leaves Eagle chip in the jaws on 10. Savage golf

Comment

Wheels coming off for WeeMac.

Comment

Rory starting to shit the bag. Classic snap hook on 14. A man after my own heart

Comment

This course is set up for birdie fest

Comment

No one will ever be able to convince me Rory isn't a mental midget.
                                                                                          All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                          The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Amber Heard will be delighted she won't be the No 1. search result for "sh1t the bed".

Comment

Great watch tbf with no money riding on it - if JT pegs him back he wins

Comment

So annoying. I, once again, fell into the Rory trap.

Comment

Tough night for the Rory haters

Comment

Delighted for him. Hon Rors you lovable fucking headcase.

Comment

Delighted for him. Hon Rors you lovable fucking headcase.
                                                                                                      Me too - don’t get all the hate he gets in Ireland
                                                                                                      save it for people who deserve it like McDowell and Clarke

Comment

Delighted for him. JT made it a little easier at the end. So much talent. Needs to learn how to crush hearts like Tiger did.

Comment

Great wedges . If he drives and wedges like that he'd run away with most tournys . Shocking really he's not won more. Great golf by a lot of them. The cynic in me reckons it was set up for this .

Liv and let Liv

Finau coming back into form

Going with Rory , and Rose next week. Follow the form .

Comment

Originally posted by MysteryGuest View Post

Me too - don’t get all the hate he gets in Ireland
                                                                                                            save it for people who deserve it like McDowell and Clarke
                                                                                                            Mostly Tall poppy or frustration at him, don’t think you could genuinely hate him, like a MCGregor etc.

Comment

Sly dig at Greg Norman's 20 tour wins.

Comment

It seemed like the pins were set up for a birdie fest. And 3 lads up top who aren't afraid of a birdie. Very good viewing

Wp to Rory. Fuck me he hit some bombs and had the wedges to back it up this time.

Comment

Different Caddy , hmmmm.

Comment

Ah Rory doesn’t get hate. He gets exasperation.

Comment

Originally posted by The Aul Switcharoo View Post
                                                                                                                      It seemed like the pins were set up for a birdie fest. And 3 lads up top who aren't afraid of a birdie. Very good viewing

Wp to Rory. Fuck me he hit some bombs and had the wedges to back it up this time.
                                                                                                                      Tee shot 17 was something else.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post

Mostly Tall poppy or frustration at him, don’t think you could genuinely hate him, like a MCGregor etc.
                                                                                                                        Rory and McGregor could not be more opposite ends of the spectrum.

Comment

Choir performance went great. Tremendous boon to spot Luckforsome in the audience before kickoff. Gave me the spur I needed to deliver.
                                                                                                                          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X