Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well pro golfer would you go to bed with an oil shiek for 13 million ?

Hmm 13 million. Why YES . Crazy money

Would you do it for a grand ?

Lol no way . What sort of guy do you think i am?

Well we have established that already . We are merely negotiating a price baby.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

Feck those Germans with their sensible long-term planning! Bastards!!
      2.29% 15 year fixed or 2.45% for 20 years off 60% LTV are both available here and would be an absolute no brainer for anyone who could avail of it now.
      Last edited by Strewelpeter; 09-06-22, 15:57.
      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Funding round all but closed for my current app adventure.

Deal closes offish on Tue, and funds will be in the corp bank account Tue afternoon.
        Resignation from current role, and full time on the app starts next week.

Life's a changing.
        This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
        All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
        The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Why do bike shops make you feel like a bike abuser when you come back to collect your bike after a service. Once again I get the crook eye when I was met with the news that the right side caliper was seized. Looking at me like I perpetrated this heinous crime.

Then the other guy chirped in with a thinly veiled admonishment of oil on the brake discs and how did this happen? 'Because thats detrimental'. And he waited for an answer or explanation. Good guy bad guy they passed the torch to each other. I came up with some impassable bullshit before he said just keep an eye on it over the next week. Oh yeah absolutely Ill see how i go.

I would pay for a platinum non judgmental service where you can bring your bike for a service in any terrible condition and when you return to collect they speak of no ill treatment you perpetuated knowing or not and in fact almost go to lengths to say shur your better bringing it in late than early. If this was the case I would be a more frequent visitor and pay the premium!.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
            Why do bike shops make you feel like a bike abuser when you come back to collect your bike after a service.
            So are you going to tell us how the oil on the brake discs happened? I'm often disturbed about how people don't lube their chains
            Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post

Deal closes offish on Tue, and funds will be in the corp bank account Tue afternoon.

Life's a changing.
              Would you be IPBs 1st Billionaire? Congrats and BoL with it

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                I love the actual game of golf but i'm enjoying the battle between LIV and the PGA . Popcorn time

PGA just banned the lot of them
                It's interesting how much vitriol they are getting considering F1 and the upcoming World Cup
                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Life's a changing.
                  this is the golf reservation thing?
                  BOL dude.
                  This time next year Rodney
                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                    So are you going to tell us how the oil on the brake discs happened? I'm often disturbed about how people don't lube their chains
                    The answer I gave was that(and believe it true) I think when washing it I wiped it down from a slightly contaminated rag with oil as I wiped it down. It was careless.
                    He hung a look before delivering .............degreaser........use degreaser.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

It's interesting how much vitriol they are getting considering F1 and the upcoming World Cup
                      There would be a very different tune being sung if the Top Ten and or Saint Tiger were playing.

Comment

I think it's that golfers and tennis players are seen as individuals making a choice, whereas soccer players and F1 drivers are thought of as wage slaves(regardless of the wage).
                        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

There would be a very different tune being sung if the Top Ten and or Saint Tiger were playing.
                          it's a shit format and shit event, with mainly has been players looking for retirement money. waste of money and time, but what do they care considering how much they have.

Comment

Top Gun 2 is awful drivel with insanely bad dialogue.

Yet strangely enjoyable.
                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Watching players squirm trying to justify playing has been great fun.
                              His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

World is gone mad lads.

Got contacted about a job today. Said I'm only after starting a new one since Feb, I'm not really in the market etc. Hear me out says she. Not so busy in work so listen to the pitch. She gives me the usual shpeal. We get down to brass tax..what's the dolla bills says I?.. 42% increase on current salary

Don't know if I managed not to sound too over eager, plus I'm grossly under qualified. 1st Interview on Monday morning (in person which I thought was weird) Hoping to use my one time.
                                Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Nice one Pat, good luck.
                                  I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

I think this comparison would only really stand-up if Qatar were running their own WC in direct opposition to the FIFA one, and getting players to sign up for it.
                                    LIV is a whole different ball-game, someone attempting a complete takeover of the top levels of a long-established sport.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post

I think this comparison would only really stand-up if Qatar were running their own WC in direct opposition to the FIFA one, and getting players to sign up for it.
                                      LIV is a whole different ball-game, someone attempting a complete takeover of the top levels of a long-established sport.
                                      And if Qatar were openly murdering journalists they don't like and bombing the shit out of Yemen.

Comment

GMAC's interview was embarrassing. All this 'golf a force for good' bollox, just be fucking honest. At least DJ said he was doing it for the money.
                                        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Life's a changing.
                                          jesus, that's amazing!!

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

And if Qatar were openly murdering journalists they don't like and bombing the shit out of Yemen.
                                            The shit going on in Qatar is insane though.
                                            Expect to hear a lot more about it in the coming months.

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Mustard View Post
                                              World is gone mad lads.

Got contacted about a job today. Said I'm only after starting a new one since Feb, I'm not really in the market etc. Hear me out says she. Not so busy in work so listen to the pitch. She gives me the usual shpeal. We get down to brass tax..what's the dolla bills says I?.. 42% increase on current salary

Don't know if I managed not to sound too over eager, plus I'm grossly under qualified. 1st Interview on Monday morning (in person which I thought was weird) Hoping to use my one time.
                                              Carpe Diem Pat, GL.

2c9f387e65309cf6af99238dff441b21.jpg

Currently awaiting the response to my blithe dismissal of the first offer.

Comment

Crazy fuhrer says the crazy stuff out loud:

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Mustard View Post
                                                  World is gone mad lads.

What line you in Pat...if I may make so.bold (and I dont see why I shouldn't!)

Edit
                                                  Hope it's not bee keeping!

Comment

Going to the Van Gogh exhibition on Sunday (as my sister managed to buy 2* the correct quantity of tickets), Should be suitably wanky.

Comment

Good write up of the problems facing the eurozone - https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/ar...gn-debt-crisis

Comment

Going to the Van Gogh exhibition on Sunday (as my sister managed to buy 2* the correct quantity of tickets), Should be suitably wanky.
                                                        overpriced wankery for sure!!! 25 quid for 30 minutes of viewing projections of paintings. these are everywhere now. talk about money spinners.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                          Good write up of the problems facing the eurozone - https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/ar...gn-debt-crisis
                                                          basically a staggered 75bps raise announced yesterday wasn't it? The Eyerash Times were trying to quantify impact here, seems to be about 120-odd per month on the average variable mortgage.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post

overpriced wankery for sure!!! 25 quid for 30 minutes of viewing projections of paintings. these are everywhere now. talk about money spinners.
                                                            Meh, I'm not paying. Only 30 mins is good news though.

Comment

I was in the one in Paris about 3 years ago. Loved it. Lay on the floor like a Hippy and absorbed the vibe man

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

I was in the one in Paris about 3 years ago. Loved it. Lay on the floor like a Hippo and absorbed the vibe man
                                                                Fixed that for you, lard-boy.

Comment

Fixed that for you, lard-boy.
                                                                  Harsh but fair . Hippo would have a wee bit more grace getting back up. Think i did it in stages

Comment

Went to it last week with the kids. There are 3 different parts lasting about 45 mins and probably another 15 mins of things to do when you come out.

Enjoyed the first two parts but didnt get the last one. 9 year old who is big into art loved it and the 15 year old teen who I expected to be bored out of his tree said it wasn't to bad ( equivalent to 7/10).

It's a bit more than his pictures super imposed on a wall but still a bit pricey for a family of 4.

Comment

Looking at the news feed you would be forgive for thinking you were transported back to the 70s. Inflation, raising interest rates, a proper cnut lending the Tories , fuel shortages, war with Russia, strikes etc. Fingers crossed the shite hawking with the Northern Ireland Protocol won't result in violence as predicted earlier in the week. That would really complete the 70s landscape of grimness. The only apparent up side is Kate Bush.
                                                                      Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

My choir are performing on Sunday if anyone's interested in a bit o' culture.

Dublin City Choral Union perform this Sunday June 12thTickets: https://www.eventbrite.ie/e/dccu-perform-music-of-the-romantics-sacred-motets-and-schuberts-ma...

Tickets: https://www.eventbrite.ie/e/dccu-per...s-344127704227

I know we're competing with Duran Duran the same day but you could definitely make both
                                                                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                          Been following this spat all day, love Ross Tucker, his pod is fantastic.

He's bludgeoned this guy multiple times already, but I don't think I've ever seen a masterclass like this before..

I’m not sure what it is about Twitter. But I find their layout terrible for following a back and forth spat like that. Almost like the software doesn’t want you to see the whole picture. Just post some hot-take and move on.

The format also seems to give too much focus to the speaker but not the replies that blow it out of the water.
                                                                          that lunatic is example. Quoting nonsense thing he’s making sense and plods along.

”Studies show there is so very little difference between species of potato, most people can’t taste the difference. Therefore an apple could be a potato”

Comment

Very True Mellor . Always found Twitter threads a meandering mess. .

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                              Looking at the news feed you would be forgive for thinking you were transported back to the 70s. Inflation, raising interest rates, a proper cnut lending the Tories , fuel shortages, war with Russia, strikes etc. Fingers crossed the shite hawking with the Northern Ireland Protocol won't result in violence as predicted earlier in the week. That would really complete the 70s landscape of grimness. The only apparent up side is Kate Bush.
                                                                              And worst of Liverpool back in prominence

Comment

Wombatman what happened with the boozy daughter? Did you get her rum, alco pops, cans or wha? Was she a bit responsible or did she take the piss?

Comment

Carpe Diem Pat, GL.

2c9f387e65309cf6af99238dff441b21.jpg

Currently awaiting the response to my blithe dismissal of the first offer.
                                                                                  Just out of interest, and without prying into personal details. Approximately how much of an uplift have you estimated that you need to live at the same standards in NY as in Dublin? I would mentally ballpark it at somewhere around 50%, but have no idea. I suppose tax is significantly less, which means I mightn't be comparing apples with apples.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

Just out of interest, and without prying into personal details. Approximately how much of an uplift have you estimated that you need to live at the same standards in NY as in Dublin? I would mentally ballpark it at somewhere around 50%, but have no idea. I suppose tax is significantly less, which means I mightn't be comparing apples with apples.
                                                                                    It's not NY but I guess the costs are probably similar. There's stuff in an expat package that you don't get as a regular Joe so not just a salary number (although that's actually where my focus is).

There's all sorts of factors at play - renting in US vs owning in Ireland, Mrs D3 working\not, can we rent our house here, what happens with pension contributions etc. We'll see where it ends up, I think I'm in a strong position but may have misread my hand versus the board.

Comment

It's not NY but I guess the costs are probably similar. There's stuff in an expat package that you don't get as a regular Joe so not just a salary number (although that's actually where my focus is).

There's all sorts of factors at play - renting in US vs owning in Ireland, Mrs D3 working\not, can we rent our house here, what happens with pension contributions etc. We'll see where it ends up, I think I'm in a strong position but may have misread my hand versus the board.
                                                                                      Mate of mine probably in a similar industry as you gone to NJ for 3 months to see how it works out and then decide i guess for longer term options.

Comment

gulp. Italy is famously the euro weaklink, so this has the potential to be catastrophic.

Comment

this is the golf reservation thing?
                                                                                          BOL dude.
                                                                                          This time next year Rodney
                                                                                          No, it's not. That little app is chugging away on the sidelines and turning over some $ but its going to be very hard to capitalize at scale unfortunately. Prob shut er down here soon.

New thing is also golf adjacent but much more scalable.
                                                                                          Will post deets in here closer to launch so you can have a gawk.
                                                                                          All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                          The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

gulp. Italy is famously the euro weaklink, so this has the potential to be catastrophic.

They have the right idea...keep borrowing on the never never, make an attempt to pay it back, remember reading somewhere before that national debt is never expected to be paid back. They are also currently doing a 110% energy upgrade scheme over there, we should be doing similar, same with capitol projects and housing...borrow the fuck out of it and worry about paying it back in the future.

Remember all that scaremongering 10 years ago about the PIGS taking down the EC...whatever came of that ? ?
                                                                                            This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post

They have the right idea...keep borrowing on the never never, make an attempt to pay it back, remember reading somewhere before that national debt is never expected to be paid back. They are also currently doing a 110% energy upgrade scheme over there, we should be doing similar, same with capitol projects and housing...borrow the fuck out of it and worry about paying it back in the future.

Remember all that scaremongering 10 years ago about the PIGS taking down the EC...whatever came of that ? ?
                                                                                              I don't think anyone has ever really given up the idea that Italy will eventually implode the EU. Unfortunately.

Comment

I don't think anyone has ever really given up the idea that Italy will eventually implode the EU. Unfortunately.
                                                                                                Italy is just one of those countries where you look at it and go 'basket case' yet it somehow defies all the regular rules and works...somehow! Must be the food.

Comment

Is this potentially a permanent thing, or for a 1/2/3 year set period?

Comment

Nature is healing.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

Nature is healing.
                                                                                                      Speaking of which. There is a snail epidemic where i live. How come we didnt ship 1000s these out west during the famine?

Comment

went to it here. paid less for 2 tickets than 1 ticket in Dublin.

In related news was in Seville for the weekend and in a moment of drunken generosity decided to buy a round of beers for a spanish stag group that were outside the same bar.

€30 for 21 beers...tough going
                                                                                                        Last edited by Iago; 10-06-22, 15:54.
                                                                                                        Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post

Is this potentially a permanent thing, or for a 1/2/3 year set period?
                                                                                                          2 years

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                                            Wombatman what happened with the boozy daughter? Did you get her rum, alco pops, cans or wha? Was she a bit responsible or did she take the piss?
                                                                                                            A few cans of White Claw. Deffo had a bit more than that at the party coz she was clearly tipsy and could smell it off her when picking up. Was quite funny actually, talking all manner of shite on the way home. Woke her mother when she got home to tell her she loved her while spilling her bedside water

Up for work next morning and not a bother on her TBF.
                                                                                                            Last edited by Wombatman; 10-06-22, 16:33.
                                                                                                            Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

A few cans of White Claw. Deffo had a bit more than that at the party coz she was clearly tipsy and could smell it off her when picking up. Was quite funny actually, talking all manner of shite on the way home. Woke her mother when she got home to tell her she loved her while spilling her bedside water

Haha. Brilliant. Sounds responsible enough tbf. Wp her and wp you

Comment

Class. Great memory.

Is the golf suffering now that she has found the delights of late teen life?

Comment

Broke up with the missus of 5 years about 6 weeks ago. Just couldn't get aligned on the bigger things in life. One of those things. At peace with it tbh.

Met a 21 year old who've I've been, eh, hanging out, with.

This whole last 6 weeks does feel very mid life crisisey looking back on it.
                                                                                                                  Resigned.
                                                                                                                  Taking risks.
                                                                                                                  Funding.
                                                                                                                  Break up.
                                                                                                                  Riding young wans.

This is almost certainly my most Hitchish post ever.

Comment

I had my first digit up the bum yesterday...you win Theresa...

I did lay in bed last night and relive it, it was medical rather than kink...all well and good, what kinda threw me was when the doctor broke off some blue roll and wiped me after he was done...

Im sure its a logistic thing, rather than handing it to me and then that awkward moment when i look at him and think...you want this ?
                                                                                                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Broke up with the missus of 5 years about 6 weeks ago. Just couldn't get aligned on the bigger things in life. One of those things. At peace with it tbh.

Met a 21 year old who've I've been, eh, hanging out, with.

This whole last 6 weeks does feel very mid life crisisey looking back on it.
                                                                                                                      Resigned.
                                                                                                                      Taking risks.
                                                                                                                      Funding.
                                                                                                                      Break up.
                                                                                                                      Riding young wans.

This is almost certainly my most Hitchish post ever.

lol i still remember you (in my minds eye) as one of the young lads (the DIT crowd?) in the jackpot trying to bluff 3 streets against the tightest player on the table when there's AK on the flop (and obviously losing your bollox). i was early 30s at the time, you guys must have been in your early 20s around 2005-2006?

Comment

lol i still remember you (in my minds eye) as one of the young lads (the DIT crowd?) in the jackpot trying to bluff 3 streets against the tightest player on the table when there's AK on the flop (and obviously losing your bollox). i was early 30s at the time, you guys must have been in your early 20s around 2005-2006?
                                                                                                                        Not in DIT but the rest of the story checks out

Comment

Dunno why but Theresa post brought this to mind...

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X